PDA

View Full Version : [IMPOSSIBLE] 2 player mode

Emilio
01-06-2015, 02:31
I was just curious, is it possible and if it is will there ever be a patch to play 2 players( split screen) style for you to play with someone?

apexatspeed
01-06-2015, 02:36
I really doubt the game can run at 60 FPS with split screen and 60 FPS was one of their main goals for the game. There probably never be split screen.

wyldanimal
01-06-2015, 03:01
My LG TV supports Dual play.

The Game Only Needs to Be 2 player Top and Bottom. The TV does the Rest.
So any Game that allows two play Split Screen ( top and Bottom ) works.
Each Player then see's a Full Screen by Use of Special 3D glasses.

Normal 3D, each Eye has a Separate lens, so on the screen Both Left and Right images are shown, but the Glasses Separate them.

Dual Play does the Same thing. It combines the Top and Bottom into One full Size left and Right Eye View.

With Dual play, the Glasses, have TWO of the Same Lens. Two Left in one, and Two Right in the Other.
So Each Player, Only See's the Image Meant for them.

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/discoverlgtvs/dualplay

video link
http://bcove.me/jds0z3uy

wyldanimal
01-06-2015, 03:23
Some Older LG's and Other Brand Passive 3D TV's support Dual play.
on the TV's 2D to 3D conversion menu. Just Select the Top and Bottom Split Screen Input mode.

All you Need is a pair of Movie theater Glasses ( RealD 3D not IMAX )
Pop the Left Lens out of One, and the Right Lens out of the Other, and Swap them.
now you Have a set of glasses, Each one Has Two left Or Two Right Lens. ( be sure to mark them so you know which is Which.. )
or You Can buy a Pair
http://www.lg.com/us/tv-accessories/lg-AG-F400DP-3d-glasses

Start you Split Screen 2 player Game.
Set the TV to 2D to 3D mode using top and Bottom input.
Each Player Wear's one of the Special Glasses,

And there you have it.. Dual Play or Simulview

Umer Ahmad
01-06-2015, 03:23
Impossible. The physics/graphics for just one player is already punishing the consoles. 2 players would melt the machines

jason
01-06-2015, 05:33
Impossible. The physics/graphics for just one player is already punishing the consoles. 2 players would melt the machines

I think not :)

madmax2069
01-06-2015, 06:02
on the TV's 2D to 3D conversion menu. Just Select the Top and Bottom Split Screen Input mode.

Pop the Left Lens out of One, and the Right Lens out of the Other, and Swap them.
now you Have a set of glasses, Each one Has Two left Or Two Right Lens. ( be sure to mark them so you know which is Which.. )
or You Can buy a Pair

That split screen mode you have highlighted on your TV is for two different devices to be displayed on the same screen (think of the old picture in picture), not from one device (as that has to be done with the device itself).

So basically have two consoles hooked up on the same TV hooked to two different inputs can display on the same TV. Not doubling a display from a single device. Or for the console itself to support the 3D mode that allows people with certain glasses to only see their screen.

TrevorAustin
01-06-2015, 06:52
Im pretty certain its for viewing 3d content and what type of 3d it is, i have the same tv. Not for viewing multiple devices or gaming, etc. But I'll be checking today:)

Invincible
01-06-2015, 07:01
But still - processing the tire model twice would kill the PS4. And probably most PC-CPU's out there.

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 07:48
But still - processing the tire model twice would kill the PS4. And probably most PC-CPU's out there.

But the tire wear doesn't work. You can do the same lap times on hard, medium and soft tires and a few friends and I done a multiplayer race with the tire wear on x7 and after 20 laps on soft tires the lap times didn't change, the temperature of the tires change depending on how hard your pushing the car but as soon as they cool down again there like brand new again.

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 07:54
But the tire wear doesn't work. You can do the same lap times on hard, medium and soft tires and a few friends and I done a multiplayer race with the tire wear on x7 and after 20 laps on soft tires the lap times didn't change, the temperature of the tires change depending on how hard your pushing the car but as soon as they cool down again there like brand new again.

That doesn't mean that the physics model is simplified right not (tire wear is also being worked on right now),

On topic: Split screen was discussed and later dismissed early in development. It won't find its way into the game, sorry.

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 08:16
That doesn't mean that the physics model is simplified right not (tire wear is also being worked on right now),

On topic: Split screen was discussed and later dismissed early in development. It won't find its way into the game, sorry.

That's fine by me I always found spit screen rather off putting. Being able to do a championship with friends as a co-op or being able to create multiplayer championships would be awesome though.

Neil Hopwood
01-06-2015, 08:19

What car?

I did a single player run the other day in the ginetta gt3 with wear at x7 and one of the tyre blew up on lap 7.

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 08:21
What car?

I did a single player run the other day in the ginetta gt3 with wear at x7 and one of the tyre blew up on lap 7.

Tire wear works (for the player already now, for AI in one of the next patches), it's just too conservative on most cars. The devs are on it.

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 08:24
We was in Gt3 different cars I was in the BMW Z4

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 08:26
And are you not on PC? I hear that your bugs have been addressed rather quickly unlike PS4

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 08:29
And are you not on PC? I hear that your bugs have been addressed rather quickly unlike PS4

There's no difference in tire wear on any platform. The only difference is that PS4 doesn't have patch 1.3 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Available-NOW-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes) yet, but that didn't include any tire wear fixes.

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 08:33
1.3? the playstation hasn't had a patch at all we're firmly at the bottom of the priority list

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 08:36
You had the D1P which was patch 1.2, so you're only missing that one. And no, you're not at the bottom of the priority list.

/off topic

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 08:41
Of course we are we've been pushed to the back since release and the day one patch was 1.01

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 08:53
Of course we are we've been pushed to the back since release and the day one patch was 1.01

Yes sorry, 1.02 was PC only and just unlocked the Lykan Hypersport. The controller fix for the Xbox One had priority because it was gamebreaking. All platforms are (rouphly) on the same schedule now.

TrevorAustin
01-06-2015, 08:58

Well that's nonsense, as anybody can tell reading the forum, Xbox and PS4 are without a doubt getting much more effort focussed on them, and I guess commercially that makes sense from sales ratios, but to say they aren't getting attention is silly.

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 09:07
Yes sorry, 1.02 was PC only and just unlocked the Lykan Hypersport. The controller fix for the Xbox One had priority because it was gamebreaking. All platforms are (rouphly) on the same schedule now.

I'm not arguing with you I dare say they'll get there in the end I'm just forwarding on what seems to be the overall perception from everyone I talk to in the PlayStation community and that is when it comes to this game whether it's announcements, getting answers, waiting for patches or anything connected to this game PlayStation seems to be firmly at the bottom of the priority list all the time somewhat of an after thought.

Emilio
01-06-2015, 11:46

Thank you for the info...I was just curious, not a big deal at all. Great game by the way. Love it.

wyldanimal
02-06-2015, 07:13

or You Can buy a Pair

That split screen mode you have highlighted on your TV is for two different devices to be displayed on the same screen (think of the old picture in picture), not from one device (as that has to be done with the device itself).

So basically have two consoles hooked up on the same TV hooked to two different inputs can display on the same TV. Not doubling a display from a single device. Or for the console itself to support the 3D mode that allows people with certain glasses to only see their screen.

Absolutely NOT!

It is for Selecting the type of 3D source content.
All 3D must have a Left Eye View and a Right Eye View..
Some Source can be Split Vertically, and Some source can be Split Horizontally.
Then Still there is interlaced Source, and Every other Frame.

That MENU, is to Select What type of 3D source, So the TV can Display it Properly.

Your Game Console, that Allows for Multi-player or Dual play, Where Each player gets Half the Screen.
Either it's Split Top and Bottom, or it's Split Left and Right.

So you Set up the Console for Dual player.
then you Go into that 3D menu on the TV, and Select the Source that Matches What kind of Split Screen the Dual player is using..
Top and Bottom, or left and Right..

The TV does the rest.
It Takes the Split Screen Video, and uses it, to make the Left Eye, and Right Eye of the 3D.

by Having a Set of Glasses, one with TWO right Eye lens, and the Other With two left Eye lens, Each player will See their Own Full Screen Game.

JessicaWalter
02-06-2015, 07:39
I'm not arguing with you I dare say they'll get there in the end I'm just forwarding on what seems to be the overall perception from everyone I talk to in the PlayStation community and that is when it comes to this game whether it's announcements, getting answers, waiting for patches or anything connected to this game PlayStation seems to be firmly at the bottom of the priority list all the time somewhat of an after thought.

add me to the list of Playstation users that hasn't yet had any gamebreaking problems. as such, i haven't expected a patch yet because the xbox users have more serious issues that (based on the comments ive read from all sides) require more immediate attention. this games only been out 3 weeks and they've (SMS) been working hard on the highest priorities. some of you need to learn some respect.

hehe, hard on...