PDA

View Full Version : Car still gets damaged even if visual only damage and mechanical failure is off

madmax2069
01-06-2015, 03:45
Driving the Caper Monterey Stockcar on Watkins Glen Short the damage was set to visual only and mechanical failure was set to off, and tire wear was off.

A team of two wreckers came into the room, a few laps went by and they set up a road block just after the bus stop, I went around them, next lap they was still there so I elected to go full force into them to knock them out the way. My car showed visual damage as expected, on top of receiving steering damage (pulling, cant get full wheel lock, and hardly able to turn right, and not being able to get moving like I was missing a wheel).

The next race the same team of two wreckers was still in the lobby. A few laps later and they set up another road block this time after turn one, and right before turn two, I elected to clear the way again. And this time the same results, visual damage on the front, as well as steering damage (pulling, cant get full wheel lock, and hardly able to turn left this time, again hard to get moving like I was missing a wheel).

Both times I looked at the car on the outside, seeing the visual only damage, when I started going forward and I notice one of the front wheels rolling backwards when I went forward. when it was hard to turn right the left wheel would be rotating backwards when I was moving forwards. when it was hard to turn left, the right wheel would be rotating backwards when I would move forward).

I thought visual only ment that it only shows damage but not actually effect the cars performance, it wasnt the case with this.

I tried pitting both times to fix the damage, but damage wasnt fixed (everything in the pit strategy is set to yes to repair damage).
(And no this video doesnt name n shame, but I do have that as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IrPykuL7H8

madmax2069
08-07-2015, 08:52
Still a problem, car bugs out with damage set to visual only and make a big enough hit (wheel where the visual damage is starts rotating backwards) and either starts pulling if only one wheel is doing it, or makes ot hard to turn one way, or makes it hard to turn if both wheels are doing it, and cant obtain normal speeds.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to set visual only damage (no mechanical failrue), tire wear on or off, fuel usage on or off. Take the car and ram it into something as hard as you can, it doesn't seem to do it all of the times. Ive only really seen this issue in online races (I hardly ever play offline), just came out of a race where this happened to me and a friend.

when someone bumps you off and you hit a wall at 140mph+ with visual only damage the car should only look damaged but not receive any damage, a few times this is true, but quite a lot it causes the car to get bugged and acts like it has been damaged.

rocafella1978
08-07-2015, 12:02
same yesterday on multiplayer, cars info and damages (on or off) don't synchronize with other players....we had it multiple times, where ones car is all great, but passed you or comes into your rear view mirror and car looks all smashed up...

madmax2069
08-07-2015, 17:55
same yesterday on multiplayer, cars info and damages (on or off) don't synchronize with other players....we had it multiple times, where ones car is all great, but passed you or comes into your rear view mirror and car looks all smashed up...

Thats a completely different issue to what im trying to explain and show.