PDA

View Full Version : Did SMS/WMD do any test drives with/on real cars/tracks featured in this game?

kilotango
01-06-2015, 08:05
Got to say, im loving this game since the XBOne controller patch was released.... which got me thinking, did SMS or any WMD members actually get to test drive some of these awesome cars/tracks during development of the game?

If so, would be interesting to hear some comments about the whole experience! please do share!

dustyjo
01-06-2015, 08:08
Us at WMD have been testing and playing with the game since late 2011. We got to test each car and track as they were being developed.

kilotango
01-06-2015, 08:11
Us at WMD have been testing and playing with the game since late 2011. We got to test each car and track as they were being developed.

ahh, my mistake, meant to imply.... actually being strapped into a real GT3 car etc, as the question

Sankyo
01-06-2015, 08:18
Title clarified.

dustyjo
01-06-2015, 09:17
ahh, my mistake, meant to imply.... actually being strapped into a real GT3 car etc, as the question

Oh. Well I know some of the SMS team has real racing experience.

Invincible
01-06-2015, 09:18

SMS itself probably not. But some cars have been tested by real race drivers. For example Rene Rast, who drives the Audi R8 GT3 and the Alpine A450. Also we have a WMD member who is involved in the Formula Gulf championship. Further we had Ben Collins (the Stig) and Nicolas Hamilton (brother of Lewis Hamilton and driver in a touring car championship) giving feedback on the cars behavior.

But I am sure that there were more people with serious skills and experience in racing involved - sorry, if I forgot someone.

Rene Rast uses Project Cars for practicing also. See below ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfOW7C818g

Srt8 300c
01-06-2015, 09:33
SMS itself probably not. But some cars have been tested by real race drivers. For example Rene Rast, who drives the Audi R8 GT3 and the Alpine A450. Also we have a WMD member who is involved in the Formula Gulf championship. Further we had Ben Collins (the Stig) and Nicolas Hamilton (brother of Lewis Hamilton and driver in a touring car championship) giving feedback on the cars behavior.

But I am sure that there were more people with serious skills and experience in racing involved - sorry, if I forgot someone.

Had to double.check! I couldnt tell if it was game footage or real life lol

BrandonWright77
01-06-2015, 11:40

Is it me, or do his side monitors look normal instead of having that "warped" look due to lack of proper triple screen support?

Howie
01-06-2015, 13:05
Is it me, or do his side monitors look normal instead of having that "warped" look due to lack of proper triple screen support?

My triple screens look normal also. I now have, PLP (portrait, landscape, portrait) screens. Which doesn't need to stretch the side view, to make it fill the monitor. If people would get over the bad habit of doing three ultra wide, screens in landscape, they could experience Sim Racing the way it was meant to be. I need to make a vid of my new setup.

Umer Ahmad
01-06-2015, 13:16
There were a few WMD members like "chrisracer" that have raced at Watkins Glen in Lite Protoypes similR to the Radicals. Feedback from people like him are incorporated to the physics you are playing today.

GenBrien
01-06-2015, 13:21
I gave some feedback from my Toyota Yarris.... seems they didn't listen to me! :p

Mahjik
01-06-2015, 15:29
I don't think the SMS staff were granted access to flog all of the real life cars in pCARS. However, keep in mind that one of the consultants on pCARS was Ben Collins (of Top Gear's The Stig). He had personally driven just about every real car in pCARS at some point of his phenomenal career.

kilotango
01-06-2015, 16:48
one of the consultants on pCARS was Ben Collins (of Top Gear's The Stig). He had personally driven just about every real car in pCARS at some point of his phenomenal career.

its really comforting to know that my race engineer is The Stig (notice the 'is').... so when he tells me to slow down in the middle of the corner, then break away quickly to stop the guy behind me from slip streaming.. i know to take him seriously ;)