PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop Menu Time

Rug22
01-06-2015, 08:49
Not sure how else to describe the title tbh.

I know there are a few issues are pit strategy, but if you need to change something when you stop there simply isn't enough time before you box and get released.

For example in a race last night I hadn't set a pit strategy beforehand so planned on making the changes as I stopped, I just about had time to change all 4 tyres to soft but the pressures were all 219 and not enough time to change them.

So as a trial I pitted again know I'd need to change them and you simply don't have enough time, surely it would make sense that if you have the edit strategy open they don't work on your car until you close it?

That at way at least you know everything is changed and youreevening not completely ruined.

Just a ssuggestion

Pink_650S
01-06-2015, 09:00
Agreed, l really hope they'll look into this and try to improve it.

lordymatsuo
01-06-2015, 10:49
Pit stops need much improving, I never know what my guys will do when I enter the pits. Sometimes even if my tyres are worn ill risk losing 5 seconds a lap than risking 30 seconds in the pits with an undetermined outcome lol

Missing wheel nuts, tyre not what I selected, time sat there topping up fuel even though my fuel was already above the level i said it to top me up to.

Loving the game and can't wait for the first patch and future content ideas the dev's bring

KK78
01-06-2015, 10:53
To be fair it has been widely addressed that pit stops need some work so fingers crossed many of these issues are ironed out. A little feature I'd like to see is the option to make a Ai driver pit so you can swap back to drive yourself, during endurance races it's nice to have a break and let the Ai do some laps and you can wait for them to pit again but this can sometimes be an age depending on when you swapped initially.

justonce68
01-06-2015, 10:55
To be fair it has been widely addressed that pit stops need some work so fingers crossed many of these issues are ironed out. A little feature I'd like to see is the option to make a Ai driver pit so you can swap back to drive yourself, during endurance races it's nice to have a break and let the Ai do some laps and you can wait for them to pit again but this can sometimes be an age depending on when you swapped initially.

can you not just hit the pit stop request button to bring them in on the next lap?

KK78
01-06-2015, 12:18
can you not just hit the pit stop request button to bring them in on the next lap?

Where is that mate? I paused and several times and could not see an option, is it on the controller? If so then I'm just a blind bat :)

diesel97
01-06-2015, 12:27
Where is that mate? I paused and several times and could not see an option, is it on the controller? If so then I'm just a blind bat :)

you need to map it on the controller assingments

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 12:29

You have to map it in the controller settings ("Request Pit Stop").

Edit: Ninja'd

KK78
01-06-2015, 12:30
Thanks guys, I had not noticed that :cool:

Platy
01-06-2015, 13:21
Pit stops are probably the worst part of the game right now. I like the idea of setting pit strategies before the race, but not being able to turn off refueling or selecting what lap to stop on (getting the annoying stop this lap message during the race instead) seems like an oversight.

I hope this is being worked on, taking ideas from iracing or the F1 games for how to make quick changes to strategies would be good.

GenBrien
01-06-2015, 13:24
but not being able to turn off refueling
each time I pit, I put the fuel slider to the far left(equal to the fuel remaining in my car) and I'm not refueled....

Platy
01-06-2015, 14:41
each time I pit, I put the fuel slider to the far left(equal to the fuel remaining in my car) and I'm not refueled....

Not much use online when you don't always have enough time to change pit settings. Its a work around though, not sure why there wasn't a refuel yes/no option like with the changing tyres.

GenBrien
01-06-2015, 18:09
then I guess you'll like the new fix on patch 1.4

The pit stop routine will no longer start during online races until the player closes the pit stop menu. This ensures that the player has enough time to select or configure an appropriate set of actions before the pit crew start working on the car.