PDA

View Full Version : Question about the buttons on the TX wheel

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 12:51
Hey,

I just wanted to know if there is a possibility to look to the left or right with the TX wheel??

I'm now doing the endurance series, and I've had several blown engines with the LMP1.
I've read somewhere that it is important to check your temperature from the Oil and so on.

How can I check this? Do I need to open the telemetry? Or can you check it on your ingame steering wheel (LMP1)?
And if so, with what button can I do this on the TX wheel...

Raven403
01-06-2015, 12:59
Your would have to assign Look left and Right to the Dpad L/R buttons I would think. And the MOTEC LCD would be your best bet for car info, or you can race In Car camera and use the actual display in the car.

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 13:07
Your would have to assign Look left and Right to the Dpad L/R buttons I would think. And the MOTEC LCD would be your best bet for car info, or you can race In Car camera and use the actual display in the car.

I race in cockpit view all the time.. So what do you mean with the MOTEC LCD?

Raven403
01-06-2015, 13:10
If you race outside the car its the Display at bottom right. If your in Car you already are looking at it. Its the display on the wheel or dash with you RPM, Speed, etc etc

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 13:15
If you race outside the car its the Display at bottom right. If your in Car you already are looking at it. Its the display on the wheel or dash with you RPM, Speed, etc etc

Oh ok. Yeah thought so. And how do I cicle through different things on the motec display?

Raven403
01-06-2015, 13:31
there should be a button assingment for it. Not sure if it does change the display or not I never had it assigned

AbeWoz
01-06-2015, 13:37
assign one of the D-Pad buttons to cycle Motec LCD data. on my wheel i have it d-pad right. This will cycle the data displayed on the LCD attached to the steering wheel. every car is different but it will show speed, RPM, lap time, fuel, fuel used last lap, average fuel use per lap, water temp, oil temp, and tire/brake temps. some cars give you more, some give you less. useful to have since i was having the same issues with LMP1 blown motors. now i can monitor my water temp and when it stars to get into the mid-90's, i back off the throttle and dont push the car as hard

Raven403
01-06-2015, 13:47
So i guess you can figure it out and assign your Dpad Look left/Right to the L/R dpad buttons, and Use Dpad up and Down for Motec and Something else. Wipers turn on automatically (if im not mistaken) if you dont have them assigned so you can probly ditch that.

Sean Reinhardl
01-06-2015, 14:09
So i guess you can figure it out and assign your Dpad Look left/Right to the L/R dpad buttons, and Use Dpad up and Down for Motec and Something else. Wipers turn on automatically (if im not mistaken) if you dont have them assigned so you can probly ditch that.

I had to have wipers assigned to a button or the game would not let be save setting. Invalid configuration

Raven403
01-06-2015, 14:15
I had to have wipers assigned to a button or the game would not let be save setting. Invalid configuration

Interesting, I didnt think Wipers were a required button....but there ya go

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 14:23
Mmh ok. Seems like we don't have enough buttons on the TX wheel. If you have to assign everything to the Dpad.. That sucks.

Anyway, thanks for the info. And what exactly should I be monitoring to avoid getting a blown engine? Water temp and oil? Or only the water temp?

Raven403
01-06-2015, 15:27
Mmh ok. Seems like we don't have enough buttons on the TX wheel. If you have to assign everything to the Dpad.. That sucks.

Anyway, thanks for the info. And what exactly should I be monitoring to avoid getting a blown engine? Water temp and oil? Or only the water temp?

Its something I think Thrustmaster will have to work out with MS with firmware I think, because there are duplicate assignments on the wheel, redundant buttons that are tied together to do the same thing, its weird. And both water and Oil to be safe

justonce68
01-06-2015, 15:32
D pad left and right for look, up for Motec, (in car dash display) down for telemetry, As for the menu saying certain buttons not assigned you can get around this by going back into the menu then into wheel calibration window and then escape. you have to play around with it but you can have buttons saved as you want them.

justonce68
01-06-2015, 15:38

You can monitor oil and water temp in the Motec display, I believe, although I haven't seen it myself, you also get warning lights on the dash if you are into high temperatures that could cause mechanical failures.
Oil temperature is linked to water temp and this can be regulated by radiator open/closed in the tuning setup.

psydeviant1
01-06-2015, 16:31
yeah this is a massive oversight by thrustmaster , they really need to get this fixed , the duplicate buttons thing is pointless , with the F1 rim it has two hat switches but they do the same functions , if you could map every button independent it would be perfect , the right hat switch you could look around with, the left for cycling the tele data on screen, lights wipers etc and the other buttons for drs curs etc , even add a shift possibility so by holding down one button all other buttons would perform another task like seat movement and so on

Sean Reinhardl
01-06-2015, 17:08
vote for this idea on Microsoft feedback site

more people that vote the likelier it will happen

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/7882929-allow-wheels-to-have-more-buttons

AbeWoz
01-06-2015, 17:12
im pretty sure with PC you can assign each button as its own (no redundancy) but with xbox its not an option....yet. im also pretty sure SMS/WMD are working to eliminate the "required" key assignments like handbrake (not all cars have one) as well as a few others. I was looking at picking up the GTE wheel from TM since it has more buttons but holding off until there is a way to eliminate the duplicates.

Currently my 458 italia wheel is assigned as follows: Shifting obviously to the paddles.
Headlights: Y
Change view: X (debating assigning it to the D-pad insteal)
Wipers: B
Look-back: A
Request pit-stop: Select button or whatever its called on XB1
Motec: D-pad Right
Telemetry: D-pad left
Handbrake: D-pad down
KERS: D-pad up

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 17:18
And the wipers? As they are not automatic..?

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 17:18
also, what is dangerous temp for water and oil?

Schnizz58
01-06-2015, 17:29
yeah this is a massive oversight by thrustmaster , they really need to get this fixed , the duplicate buttons thing is pointless , with the F1 rim it has two hat switches but they do the same functions , if you could map every button independent it would be perfect , the right hat switch you could look around with, the left for cycling the tele data on screen, lights wipers etc and the other buttons for drs curs etc , even add a shift possibility so by holding down one button all other buttons would perform another task like seat movement and so on
It might be a MS issue and not Thrustmaster. I know that the individual buttons send back unique codes and you can see that by looking at the Thrustmaster control panel. Somewhere they are mapped to duplicate functions which as you say is utterly useless.

psydeviant1
01-06-2015, 17:37
yes on the pc control panel each button has its own command , added my vote for this :yes:

AbeWoz
01-06-2015, 18:32
also, what is dangerous temp for water and oil?

well 100 C is boiling temp for water so if you get near that you may wish to stop. not sure about oil temps.

also, when using P1 cars(in my experience) even slightly taping a car in front will cause radiator damage and you will see an increase in temperature. in the RWD P1 normal water temps arounf 87-90 for me. small taps bring it to mid 90's and large impacts will cause it to spike to 100+. Repairing in the pits fixes radiator cooling but costs time. Very very important to race clean/manage traffic well.

Lagoa
01-06-2015, 18:52
and how do you open the radiator pre race??

AbeWoz
02-06-2015, 02:41
tuning set up. scroll through the different pages and it will be at the bottom. not 100% sure which one off the top of my head. i open the LMP1 radiator to 100% regardless of track

justonce68
02-06-2015, 07:24
well 100 C is boiling temp for water so if you get near that you may wish to stop. not sure about oil temps.

also, when using P1 cars(in my experience) even slightly taping a car in front will cause radiator damage and you will see an increase in temperature. in the RWD P1 normal water temps arounf 87-90 for me. small taps bring it to mid 90's and large impacts will cause it to spike to 100+. Repairing in the pits fixes radiator cooling but costs time. Very very important to race clean/manage traffic well.

The oil temp is dictated by the water temp, as the water is used to cool the engine, anything above 105 Deg and you are asking for trouble, I have done a few tests in the BMW Z4 GT3 and the engine has blown at around 130 Deg.

mkstatto
02-06-2015, 07:35
SMS could do a workaround in the mean time, personally I like this idea:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26788-Thrustmaster-TX-Wheel-duplicate-button-update&p=934379&viewfull=1#post934379

Brent G
02-06-2015, 18:54
Oh ok. Yeah thought so. And how do I cicle through different things on the motec display?

I assigned cycle Motec to right on D-pad, but thats with a pad. Hoping you can do same with wheel.

Finnstar
03-06-2015, 03:17
You can get around the mandatory selections by selecting the keys for the functions that you want, hit menu button, select 'Options and Help', then hit B. job done :)