PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 1.4 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4 and XB1

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

mkstatto
02-06-2015, 07:26
Is it recomended that we reset our wheels and reconfigure when this patch lands like the previous one (well on xbox anyway).

El_Fusilado
02-06-2015, 07:26
Patches, patches, I don't want patches. Nobody needs patches. Patches are futile.
I don't want to install any patch that isn't shipped on a 5¼ floppy disk.
Wacky Wheels was never patched, and it was a great game with a brilliant AI.

Oh, wait, someone is knocking on my door ...

GBRC.C7
02-06-2015, 07:33
Patches, patches, I don't want patches. Nobody needs patches. Patches are futile.
I don't want to install any patch that isn't shipped on a 5¼ floppy disk.
Wacky Wheels was never patched, and it was a great game with a brilliant AI.

Oh, wait, someone is knocking on my door ...

Nurse, nurse, he's out of bed again........ :)

Beagle Five
02-06-2015, 07:56
You guys are funny! :)

Mittsy555
02-06-2015, 08:17
Great work sms showing pd a thing or two

Totally agree I always thought pcars had the potential to be the best console racing sim on the planet and now with sms and wmd working overtime to get this game right I reckon that potential will come to fruition very soon. Thanks guys really appreciate all the hard work behind the scenes.

Kitt
02-06-2015, 08:27
Surely this patch can be released on the pc now,why should we have to wait for xbox/ps4

Mascot
02-06-2015, 08:35
Surely this patch can be released on the pc now,why should we have to wait for xbox/ps4

You do know that every time somebody whines about patch dates, Ian deliberately delays them by another day?

Please do not poke the Wookie.

TrevorAustin
02-06-2015, 08:36
Roger, I can't seem to send you a pm so apologies for hijacking this mods but....

Hi Roger

Can I ask about your sig info, especially the part about steam launch options and how they affect the game. Skipcrowds I understand but pthread4 and novr, what are they please.

Cheers

Jim

If you use search there are several threads on this.

Trice300
02-06-2015, 08:41
What about actual full pit crew man!

Bealdor
02-06-2015, 08:42
What about actual full pit crew man!

Post #33 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=960291&viewfull=1#post960291) :rolleyes:

Kitt
02-06-2015, 08:46
You do know that every time somebody whines about patch dates, Ian deliberately delays them by another day?

Nah he wouldn't be that cruel....would he? lol

Linx
02-06-2015, 08:50

Haha. At the rate that question has been asked in this thread alone the patch will be out sometime around Project Cars 2

Fong74
02-06-2015, 09:14
All those are minor bugfixes, nice and all that, but that issue is basicly destoring the Online/Community feature of the game.
So I think its the most important to fix at the moment. Sorry.

I disaggree here. If you have a dedicated racing community, the ppl should be able to respect track boundaries or your regulations/rules concerning that. E.g. "always two wheels inside the track limits" or "the curb is already off-bounds" etc. etc.

Let the peer-group pressure do the work for you by rewarding those driving clean and penalizing those who dont. Create a channel where drivers can raise protests after races. Make penalties visible after that.

Its nothing you can make work over night. But sticking to that will create big benefits for all involved over time. And disconnect you from technical aspects which are and always will be trouble-some...

Just my 2 Cents

danowat
02-06-2015, 09:20

Because releasing a patch on the consoles is not as straight forward as it is on PC.

It needs to be submitted and pass certification to Sony or MS first, then it has to wait until the consoles particular store refresh day.

edit : store refresh might just be for DLC though, I am not sure it affects patches.......

NemethR
02-06-2015, 09:45
I disaggree here. If you have a dedicated racing community, the ppl should be able to respect track boundaries or your regulations/rules concerning that. E.g. "always two wheels inside the track limits" or "the curb is already off-bounds" etc. etc.

Let the peer-group pressure do the work for you by rewarding those driving clean and penalizing those who dont. Create a channel where drivers can raise protests after races. Make penalties visible after that.

Its nothing you can make work over night. But sticking to that will create big benefits for all involved over time. And disconnect you from technical aspects which are and always will be trouble-some...

Just my 2 Cents

No, you are not getting my point. :)
It it the community events / Time Trial, that can be cut to death.

Sorry, I race clean, but seeing someone being 5 seconds faster in 1 sector, and slower in the other two is a joke.
Also I wish to remind everyone, that the game has been delayed 4 times, "to ensure, that there are no bugs/glitches".

And this is not something minor, its a serious issue.

kofotsjanne
02-06-2015, 09:47
Because releasing a patch on the consoles is not as straight forward as it is on PC.

It needs to be submitted and pass certification to Sony or MS first, then it has to wait until the consoles particular store refresh day.

edit : store refresh might just be for DLC though, I am not sure it affects patches.......
I asked Ian Bell this in PM when i first bought the game (release date) and he said that they could ship the PC updates freely. I took his answer as we arent supposed to wait for the consoles if the PC patch is ready to go out.

Feels like a dickmove to post a print of a PM conversation though but a mod could probably see my PM history and confirm that this is true.

Bealdor
02-06-2015, 09:51
No, you are not getting my point. :)
It it the community events / Time Trial, that can be cut to death.

Sorry, I race clean, but seeing someone being 5 seconds faster in 1 sector, and slower in the other two is a joke.
Also I wish to remind everyone, that the game has been delayed 4 times, "to ensure, that there are no bugs/glitches".

And this is not something minor, its a serious issue.

Wrong thread guys. Please discuss this topic in an appropriate thread.

Btw. the devs are already on it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27013-Track-cutting-detection-fixes-coming-soon

Feels like a dickmove to post a print of a PM conversation though but a mod could probably see my PM history and confirm that this is true.

I highly recommend you to refrain from publicly posting PMs, especially when it includes conversation with SMS staff.

kofotsjanne
02-06-2015, 10:04
Wrong thread guys. Please discuss this topic in an appropriate thread.

Btw. the devs are already on it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27013-Track-cutting-detection-fixes-coming-soon

I highly recommend you to refrain from publicly posting PMs, especially when it includes conversation with SMS staff.
And thats why I said that a mod could see my history and confirm that this have been said if someone for some reason think that PC/Console must get the updates at the same time.

Goresh
02-06-2015, 10:05
* Improved the support implementation of several older Fanatec wheels, such as the GT2, GT3, and CSR.

Does this include a working clutch pedal?

danowat
02-06-2015, 10:05
And thats why I said that a mod could see my history and confirm that this have been said if someone for some reason think that PC/Console must get the updates at the same time.

Surely that would mean holding the PC patch back?, there's none of the certification process, which is what takes the time for console patches.

Pr3t3nd3r
02-06-2015, 10:23
Surely that would mean holding the PC patch back?, there's none of the certification process, which is what takes the time for console patches.

I think they are having some problems with the trademark :( I read that its a problem in the "Soon™" :D:D:D

Dreco
02-06-2015, 10:24
The developers have done a brilliant job with this patch. I'm having a blast with this game!

Still hoping for Logitech support on PS4. The army of Gran Turismo fans who own Logitech wheels is waiting. This would keep the pCars PS4 community alive for many years. More games sold, more DLC sold, please do everything you can to make this happen.;)

MysterG
02-06-2015, 10:27
No need for drawn out discussions/conspiracy theories about PC patch release dates/reasons.

If the PC patch is not released yet then there will be a good reason for it.

Maybe a reason that can't be announced (NDAs), maybe one which will become clear after release, maybe nobody will ever know the reason, but it will be a good one and is SMSs decision.

kofotsjanne
02-06-2015, 10:28
The developers have done a brilliant job with this patch. I'm having a blast with this game!

Still hoping for Logitech support on PS4. The army of Gran Turismo fans who own Logitech wheels is waiting. This would keep the pCars PS4 community alive for many years. More games sold, more DLC sold, please do everything you can to make this happen.;)
The patch isnt even released yet so is it placebo or are you talking about 1.3? This thread is about 1.4.

ProjectCARSFiend
02-06-2015, 10:49
Don't get me wrong I'm really looking forward to this patch, as it fixes a number of bugs I've been having lately. I'm just curious, why's this patch called Patch 1.4 when it's coming to PS4, and us Ps4 users haven't got Patch 1.3 yet? Not that it really matters, but like I said, I'm just curious.

could_do_better
02-06-2015, 10:50
Because it has all of the fixes from 1.3 & 1.4. All platforms are from one build for easy cross referencing and traceability.

Didd31
02-06-2015, 10:57
just to thank you SMS for your hard work on your young baby and for our pleasure of race-driving. :victorious:

Dreco
02-06-2015, 11:08
No need for drawn out discussions/conspiracy theories about PC patch release dates/reasons.

If the PC patch is not released yet then there will be a good reason for it.

Maybe a reason that can't be announced (NDAs), maybe one which will become clear after release, maybe nobody will ever know the reason, but it will be a good one and is SMSs decision.

PS4 Logitech support still under NDA?

I don't see what else can it be.

madmaz116
02-06-2015, 11:16
Just a thank you from me for all your hard work and the speed in which this patch has been put together. Brilliant , one happy customer here.

a_alajeel
02-06-2015, 11:23
great work guys, just one thing left, i hope on PS4 project cars will work with project morphius VR system. thats all thats left for it to be complete

GoTaLL
02-06-2015, 11:23
wasnt expecting so many bug corrections so soon and in one patch.. luckily they are working hard and listening to the community

thehotlap
02-06-2015, 11:27
Looking forward to the update. I am playing with caution, especially in career mode, but so far, I have not had the major bugs that have destroyed the game. Still playing it when I can.

stoogie13
02-06-2015, 11:33
Really pleased about all these fixes.. The game is brilliant, I've heard so many people bitch and moan about every game that comes out (this being one of them) but I'm constantly telling people that things will be fixed, the game will grow so thanks team for not only improving this much loved game but also for not making me look stupid lol. ��

Robert Gerke
02-06-2015, 11:38
Robert, can't you read?

We've stated here that not everything is fixed at once. That might seem like a trite statement but after your 40th post on the subject I'm starting to doubt your attention ability.

If all leagues and 'professionals' go on and on and on as you do we'll put dedicated servers down the list. Now give it a rest.

First of all thank you Ian, for that you have spoken to me for 3 years for the first time personally.
I am very honored. :)

And I pardon if I have posted here in the wrong thread (and pardon for my bad english to)

And I'll give me great effort to improve in the future, promised

Voxen
02-06-2015, 11:50
Anyone knows how long it takes for a ps4 patch to be approved and released by Bandai/Sony? Just to have a rough idea on when it will reach our devices :)

Siberian Tiger
02-06-2015, 11:52
Yes, the answer is 7 Days 12 Hours and 30 Minutes ;)

You can't give an exact answer as there is allways a possibilty that something could go wrong.

It would count within Weeks ;)

gormanio
02-06-2015, 11:53
cant wait for it, great work guys this shows you are the real deal when making what could be the greatest racing game ever. cant wait to get into the career mode now that the weather has been fixed. and the other issues will make a massive difference.

Voxen
02-06-2015, 12:34
Yes, the answer is 7 Days 12 Hours and 30 Minutes ;)

You can't give an exact answer as there is allways a possibilty that something could go wrong.

It would count within Weeks ;)

The Witcher 3 has been patched twice on PS4 since its release date (May 19) so "weeks" seems pretty long to me ;)

ffmercurial
02-06-2015, 12:39
It's the first update for the PS4 since the day one patch, right?
Will the 24h layout of the Nürburgring be part of the next update?
With the 24h layout added I've no complaints left.

townnet
02-06-2015, 12:44
* First pass improvements on various tracks to enhance the AI performance and ability (Azure Circuit, Donington GP, Watkins Glen, Bathurst, Nordschliefe)...

Is this include AI cutting the track behavior already fixed?

JessicaWalter
02-06-2015, 12:46
stop basing this on witcher 3 or any other games' patches. there's too many variables (staff size, whether issues were found prior to release, difficulty in fixing issues, etc). they aren't comparable and attemping to do so could lead to false blame or finger pointing when the entire situation is misunderstood by the aggressors

Jiltjes
02-06-2015, 13:01

Why is it that people only want more?
Just enjoy the game and let it all happen.....

Fanatest
02-06-2015, 13:27
A screenshot of the new shaders in action (before and after) and a short video demonstrating the blur reduction would tide me over until it's released ;)

I'm really looking forward to actually getting to use the PS4 version. I have done apx 1 lap with that version of the game vs 100 hours on XBO (due to not getting on with the blur, AF and shadow issues) so this is a big update that I am eagerly anticipating.

Fingers crossed fixes and features will keep coming in at this pace, perhaps we will see some sliders added to post processing settings too, rather than just on/off ;)

Umer Ahmad
02-06-2015, 13:30
* First pass improvements on various tracks to enhance the AI performance and ability (Azure Circuit, Donington GP, Watkins Glen, Bathurst, Nordschliefe)...

Is this include AI cutting the track behavior already fixed?
No, these updates are to make them faster in some corners where they were unusually slow. Track cutting maybe adjust later.

Umer Ahmad
02-06-2015, 13:30

See post 33 about nurbs 24hr

Traummann
02-06-2015, 14:06
why no performance optimizes for the PC? :(
like this one http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22928-Terrible-SLI-Gtx760-GPU-usage

Jan Studenski
02-06-2015, 14:17

Cant find the thread :/

Slaughter
02-06-2015, 14:18
I know I'm beating a dead horse with this question, but why the hush hush about legacy Logitech support. No one has done the math on potential project cars.customers. If you calculate the amount of people that might still have a G series wheel, you will see that there is at least 2 million in sales for just the standard game. Another 8 million in consoles. Download content can bring in several million for SMS also. I hope that SMS is aware that there are thousands of gamers who have held off buying this game. I'm one because I refuse to buy a new setup when the one I have in front of me works perfectly fine except for the new gen consoles. Sorry, but I had to vent after reading these forums since it opened. Have a nice day everyone.

Bealdor
02-06-2015, 14:19
Cant find the thread :/

Right here in this thread. ;)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=960291&viewfull=1#post960291

MysterG
02-06-2015, 14:24
I know I'm beating a dead horse with this question, but why the hush hush about legacy Logitech support. No one has done the math on potential project cars.customers. If you calculate the amount of people that might still have a G series wheel, you will see that there is at least 2 million in sales for just the standard game. Another 8 million in consoles. Download content can bring in several million for SMS also. I hope that SMS is aware that there are thousands of gamers who have held off buying this game. I'm one because I refuse to buy a new setup when the one I have in front of me works perfectly fine except for the new gen consoles. Sorry, but I had to vent after reading these forums since it opened. Have a nice day everyone.

Because if Logitech asks a company to not talk about 'stuff' then that company does not talk about 'stuff' if they are a decent company like SMS, even if the 'stuff' is "no there won't be any".

Also where do you get those sales figures from? I think they are a little optimistic ...

mister dog
02-06-2015, 14:29

Do what i did, invest in a PC, no more daddy Sony or MS deciding what you can play with.

TrevorAustin
02-06-2015, 14:32
Do what i did, invest in a PC, no more daddy Sony or MS deciding what you can play with.

Exactly what I did, and what a great decision it was.

And IF there is any hush hush under a NDR you can't decide to ignore it because it would be good for your sales figures:) not unless you want to end up in court, lol.

MULTIVITZ
02-06-2015, 14:39
Now if everyone has finished complaining and playing 'kissy kissy', get back to the garage!! Lol

Oddbob
02-06-2015, 15:01

Post 33 doesn't mention Nurb at all, unless I am blind.

Roger Prynne
02-06-2015, 15:08
It means don't ask about Nurbs as it will be done when it's done.

wraithsrike
02-06-2015, 15:57
Are the AI going to now start practice and qualifying on cold tyre's the same as us?

g33k hack3rs
02-06-2015, 15:58
Again, ALL supported wheels (yes, that includes the Thrustmaster TX) on ALL platforms are improved, and we think that we are very close to parity across all platforms (which is very difficult to achieve because of how differently the platforms communicate with the hardware).

This is great news! Thanks.

wyldanimal
02-06-2015, 16:22
Just Curious,

What was the NDA item that prevented you from presenting the list in this post.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-POST-96-Update-for-PS4&p=952793#post952793

Yes.

We won't be showing a list yet as one item is attached to an NDA. This should free up soon.

Slaughter
02-06-2015, 16:22

Invest in a PC, lol. I have PCs, MACs, Tablets that can handle any new game. I choose to play on my PS. I've been a loyal PS player since day one on all PS consoles. I just wanted answers from a SMS rep, not somebody in this forum that can't provide truthful answers. Lol. It all fine with me, but do not take it upon yourself to represent a company you don't officially work for. And if you did work for them, then you are tarnishing the company reputation with such harsh feedback/remarks. I'm sure the initial investors (kickstart supporters) were not happy with the decision to exclude Logitech wheel support. I have not given up on it regardless of any NDA, but I think it more about kickbacks for console driver support if anything. Logitech is probably struggling to do a comeback and can't kickback to Sony and SMS on the console side.

Good job SMS. Even if I can't enjoy your game. I think it was the best racing release of all next gen releases.

ffmercurial
02-06-2015, 16:32
Why is it that people only want more?
Just enjoy the game and let it all happen.....

I don't think I'm asking for too much. It's just the only thing left that I actually miss. The game is already fun and the improvements made are great.

diesel97
02-06-2015, 16:34
I don't think I'm asking for too much. It's just the only thing left that I actually miss. The game is already fun and the improvements made are great.

Life doent revolve around you

mister dog
02-06-2015, 16:36
Invest in a PC, lol. I have PCs, MACs, Tablets that can handle any new game. I choose to play on my PS. I've been a loyal PS player since day one on all PS consoles. I just wanted answers from a SMS rep, not somebody in this forum that can't provide truthful answers. Lol. It all fine with me, but do not take it upon yourself to represent a company you don't officially work for. And if you did work for them, then you are tarnishing the company reputation with such harsh feedback/remarks. I'm sure the initial investors (kickstart supporters) were not happy with the decision to exclude Logitech wheel support. I have not given up on it regardless of any NDA, but I think it more about kickbacks for console driver support if anything. Logitech is probably struggling to do a comeback and can't kickback to Sony and SMS on the console side.

Good job SMS. Even if I can't enjoy your game. I think it was the best racing release of all next gen releases.

Reading your post i was under the assumption you had a logitech wheel and was frustrated that it didn't work on consoles, hence my tip.
So telling you that IMO going PC is the best you can do, makes me 'represent a company I don't officially work for'? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes008.gif

ffmercurial
02-06-2015, 16:37
Life doent revolve around you

it doesn't? dude just keep cool and deal with it. it's just my opinion...

Slaughter
02-06-2015, 16:46
I'm
Because if Logitech asks a company to not talk about 'stuff' then that company does not talk about 'stuff' if they are a decent company like SMS, even if the 'stuff' is "no there won't be any".

Also where do you get those sales figures from? I think they are a little optimistic ...

This is just based on how many people signed the petitions for Logitech support. This could be more or less this late in the game. And based on potential new users that will spend less on a used wheel setup and migrate over to Consoles from PC gaming. This is a new age and not everyone is buying bulky gaming rigs when they can buy an entertainment console that requires little or no maintenance. This is the Plug and Play era. PCs are high maintenance.

VBR
02-06-2015, 16:46
Someone also keeps asking about the Fanatec GT3 being 'improved' instead of 'fixed'. It would be hard to improve it if it wasn't fixed, so I thought it would be redundant to state it was fixed AND improved (which sounds like some cheap product marketing campaign). Just for you though - "Fixed several older Fanatec wheel problems, such as the GT2, GT3, and CSR, and improved their default implementation" :)

Again, ALL supported wheels (yes, that includes the Thrustmaster TX) on ALL platforms are improved, and we think that we are very close to parity across all platforms (which is very difficult to achieve because of how differently the platforms communicate with the hardware).

We're not done yet though. As you all report new issues (in a structured and unemotional way ;) ), we will continue to address these as far as possible and release fixes in future patches.

Thanks for the clarification.

:)

Slaughter
02-06-2015, 16:48
Reading your post i was under the assumption you had a logitech wheel and was frustrated that it didn't work on consoles, hence my tip.
So telling you that IMO going PC is the best you can do, makes me 'represent a company I don't officially work for'? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes008.gif
Glad you understand what I was trying to say. Have a nice day fellow gamer.

mister dog
02-06-2015, 16:53
Glad you understand what I was trying to say. Have a nice day fellow gamer.
Well yes now i do (although i don't really get why you would play racing games on a console if you have a high end PC at home, but to each his own i guess) . Have a nice day too :)

EFCMatthew
02-06-2015, 17:06
This is fantastic news!

MLT24
02-06-2015, 17:11
No, we're never fixing those.

Last time. Not everything is fixed at once.

Lol. Tx for replying. I just thought these would be obvious 1st round fixes. Hopefully 2nd round.

ingrobny
02-06-2015, 17:37
Thanks Slightly Mad Studios, so this mean that Project Cars which is already a masterpiece (at least in my eyes and i have played a great deal of racing games in my time) is just going to be a whole lot better? That's just great! Thanks for a superb racing game and for all the work you do to improve it :)

nissan4ever
02-06-2015, 17:56
Thanks Slightly Mad Studios, so this mean that Project Cars which is already a masterpiece (at least in my eyes and i have played a great deal of racing games in my time) is just going to be a whole lot better? That's just great! Thanks for a superb racing game and for all the work you do to improve it :)

Dasidnii
02-06-2015, 17:59
Thank you for the hard work you guys. Kind of feel bad that you guys have to deal with all these tards that don't know how to read, lol.

raptor unit
02-06-2015, 18:21
Looks great roll on release date

k.merse
02-06-2015, 18:25
Pure Awesomeness! It seems that most of my strongest criticisms will become invalid pretty soon. I'm glad :)

sirsilver1968
02-06-2015, 18:40
I'm just echoing everyone's comments just to say thank you for all the hard work on getting this masterpiece of a game to us as well as this update which from reading the patch notes is going to make it even more of an enjoyable driving and racing experience.

stux
02-06-2015, 19:23

If the console patches gets rejected for more work... then the PC patch would probably benefit, or become relatively different, requiring a patch on an patch.

If I were the devs, I'd build the 3 patches from the one codebase, and then release them together. Until then they can never be sure that the console patches are going to go through.

mister dog
02-06-2015, 19:35
If I were the devs, I'd build the 3 patches from the one codebase, and then release them together. Until then they can never be sure that the console patches are going to go through.
And make PC users wait until Sony and MS get a move on? Surely not! :grumpy:

We can act like guinea pigs and already have a lead on possible issues by the time it comes to PS4/Xbone. Otherwise we all wait extra weeks and find out at the same moment.

HBR-Roadhog
02-06-2015, 19:44
At this point I am just looking forward to the patch for the PC. Hopefully it will be released soon regardless of the consoles approval status. Of course whatever SMS decides on the matter is what it will be and we will get it when we get it.

I agree with using the same code base as much as possible and am sure that is what they are doing but that does not mean they have to be released together. If Sony or MS hold up the patch then it can still be released for the PC if that is what they want to do and if they find that more is required to get it through on the consoles then it just becomes another patch so it would end up being 1.5 but again it is up to SMS what they want to do as far as when to release the PC updates.

bluwaters
02-06-2015, 19:57
So i have one thing to add that was brought to my attention the other night while playing with some friends....
The settings for the controller do not save.... once you have chosen whatever settings you want and then save and leave, once you return to the settings menu the settings have all defaulted to what was there before.
They will stay only for the time you are playing but then when you restart the game and go back to the settings, it has changed your settings back to previous default settings.

Slaughter
02-06-2015, 20:05
Well yes now i do (although i don't really get why you would play racing games on a console if you have a high end PC at home, but to each his own i guess) . Have a nice day too :)

I use my PC for normal things like school work, music production, graphic stuff. Lol same goes for my Macs. iPads for games and communication. Lol. I like to keep things running smooth without conflicts.

GrimeyDog
02-06-2015, 20:06
it Took 3 Weeks but Here it is!!!

GrimeyDog Enjoy

Notehalf Live
02-06-2015, 20:24
a lot of thanks, thank you.

Dreco
02-06-2015, 21:53
Why is the PC patch taking so long to get released?

morpwr
02-06-2015, 21:56
Like many others on here i have been critical of pc probably because of the hype surrounding it.Im sure nobody at project cars wanted any of this stuff to happen but it did.I think it has the potential to be the best racing game to date for consoles with the new patch getting the ffb and wheel issues fixed.So im just here to say thanks to ian and everyone involved for stepping out side the box and doing something great!See i wont always complain.Thanks again guys cant wait to get some time in the game!

TheBaldReverend
02-06-2015, 22:07

Because every time this question is asked, the release is delayed by one day.

Bryer
02-06-2015, 22:23

Because due to the SMS-R series, it's to be released across all platforms simultaneously as it contains some specific bug fixes for the 5th of June event with the Bentley Speed 8, these events are open to both PC and consoles. :-)

Wayfastwhitey26
02-06-2015, 22:48
Am i the only one that saw 5 threads in the news folder and prayed for an indycar dlc announcement? Guess i'll look again tomorrow.

Howie
02-06-2015, 23:43
Because due to the SMS-R series, it's to be released across all platforms simultaneously as it contains some specific bug fixes for the 5th of June event with the Bentley Speed 8, these events are open to both PC and consoles. :-) What are you talking about. Do you have a link to this?

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 00:49
What are you talking about. Do you have a link to this?

No, its made up. I actually can't believe how much speculation and people asking for their personal feature list has caused.

Future patch release notes should be locked stickies, this is crazy.

SpeedLimitUnknown
03-06-2015, 00:54
And make PC users wait until Sony and MS get a move on? Surely not! :grumpy:

We can act like guinea pigs and already have a lead on possible issues by the time it comes to PS4/Xbone. Otherwise we all wait extra weeks and find out at the same moment.

I completely agree with this. Any global fixes/gameplay adjustments can be tested by the PC gamers first! So every other patch is PC only and then it gets lumped into the next console patch. This would really speed up feedback that SMS could gather regarding tuning changes such as AI issues. No need to wait every 4-6 weeks for those tuning adjustments.

Doug914
03-06-2015, 01:27
I think i'm going to make a visit to the garage and write down all the FFB changes i made on 30+ cars. The FFB tweaks in the patch note has me spooked a bit that i will lose hours of work.

Besides, it's always good to have them written down somewhere.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but there were no changes to the FFB you adjust in the setup screen. Only the FFB defualts you see in the controls configuration screen "configure force feedback" section.

Doug914
03-06-2015, 01:44
Also the AI is still faster than the player when both are on rain tires by 1-3 seconds depending on the car.There's nothing in this patch for that. This patch fixes AI being fast when on slicks in the rain. This is still being balanced with the wear for both the player and AI, along with most player rain tires performing too well in the dry. its been alot of work to get right or close to right, so be a bit more patient. Thanks.

Jan Studenski
03-06-2015, 02:38
Also the AI is still faster than the player when both are on rain tires by 1-3 seconds depending on the car.There's nothing in this patch for that. This patch fixes AI being fast when on slicks in the rain. This is still being balanced with the wear for both the player and AI, along with most player rain tires performing too well in the dry. its been alot of work to get right or close to right, so be a bit more patient. Thanks.

Dont worry

Im always very thankful that you provide this support and that you listen to us the community - it cant be said enough, as especially the bigger companies are not listening enough to their customers!

Thank you so much :D

321Respawn
03-06-2015, 04:36
What about the way cars load on the grid when there are a large number of cars .
Seen many times cars dropped on top of others and bounced onto their roofs at the start .
Rolling start cars accelerating into each other as well .

madmax2069
03-06-2015, 04:55
What about the way cars load on the grid when there are a large number of cars .
Seen many times cars dropped on top of others and bounced onto their roofs at the start .
Rolling start cars accelerating into each other as well .
already a known issues, and on their collective list http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-31-05 its listed all the way at the bottom.

Mr Schumacher
03-06-2015, 05:38
CUTTING TRACK PENALTY FIX:

I humbly request an audience from the developers PLEASE.. I truly LOVE this game and all its potential. However, after investing my time and efforts on practicing, qualifying and racing.. What truly bothers me.. is watching people cutting the track with out any time PENALTIES. Most of the time the game does a great job incorporating penalties.. All though their may be several circuits that need to be fixed, (THE BUGATTI CIRCUT) has a major time penalty failure. Ive noticed that turn 2 on the right side where the track is bright yellow and blue, people cut straight across.. Also, after i believe TURN 6, the green S, or chicane, drivers will cut across it like its a straight S.. please re-evaluate tracks and time PENALTIES.. I believe this feature, along side many other features really sets the bar. As a racing sim, "PROJECT CARS" on console platforms, have no competition but its on reflection. the consumers pay VERY close attention to every detail .. please consider my concerns..

Bryer
03-06-2015, 06:56
What are you talking about. Do you have a link to this?

It's in the Xbox One forum in the stickies. Patch 1.3 thread. Ian Bell wad discussing patches in that thread and he stated that the Racing Icons DLC and patch 1.4 are closely linked together. I would link but I'm posting from my phone.

It's amazing what you find out viewing other sub sections.

I'm not one to make stuff up, Ian Bell was quite open with us Xbox One gamers in our sub forum. Also if you look at the SMS events it states a Bentley Speed 8 event starts on the 5th of June.

No need to be rude. Searching around the forums will give you the proof.

Sik180sx
03-06-2015, 07:31
I can't wait till this patch rolls out,i have 4 hours playtime,and i refuse to touch it until my frankenwheel works(911 turbo s with a modified boss adaptor and a full size momo drift wheel attached)how do i put pics up using an iphone?

Sik180sx
03-06-2015, 07:34
205897I'll try again205896

BrandedMantis
03-06-2015, 08:04
Congratulations on a great game & looking forward to the update! - I've been enjoying my digital copy of pCars on the PS4 since release date, keep it up!

Chevi
03-06-2015, 09:09
Enough talking about the Patch 1.4.
Please give it to us, now... :onthego:

mister dog
03-06-2015, 09:19
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but there were no changes to the FFB you adjust in the setup screen. Only the FFB defualts you see in the controls configuration screen "configure force feedback" section.

Too late :)

Greg Redd
03-06-2015, 09:48
I want!
To let @Ian Bell and the dev entire team know the large silent majority of us appreciate the efforts you're all making at improving what is an already fantastic gaming experience, and for fixing the things that make us go arghhh! as quickly as possible.

Why?
Can't people read through that HUGE patch list in post #1 and realise that the 70-odd entries on it represent a phenomenal effort, and that their special snowflake needs will, in all likelihood, be addressed in a future patch. Just not in this one.

I want!
To ask @Stephen Viljoen if there's a rough indication of the patch size as he'll understand the internet bandwidth and connection struggles us Southern tip of Africa drivers have to deal with.

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 09:59
Ha,Ha..."....southern tip of Arica drivers..." I feel u man..!!
I want!
To let @Ian Bell and the dev entire team know the large silent majority of us appreciate the efforts you're all making at improving what is an already fantastic gaming experience, and for fixing the things that make us go arghhh! as quickly as possible.

Why?
Can't people read through that HUGE patch list in post #1 and realise that the 70-odd entries on it represent a phenomenal effort, and that their special snowflake needs will, in all likelihood, be addressed in a future patch. Just not in this one.

I want!
To ask @Stephen Viljoen if there's a rough indication of the patch size as he'll understand the internet bandwidth and connection struggles us Southern tip of Africa drivers have to deal with.

FMS
03-06-2015, 10:34
what is an already fantastic gaming experience

Indeed, the incomplete can still be very effective.

ingrobny
03-06-2015, 10:59
Also the AI is still faster than the player when both are on rain tires by 1-3 seconds depending on the car.

Yes i notice this, right now i'm on the vintage GT 67 Mk IV challenge on the Road America, opponent skill 50, with controller, on training round with sunny weather, i set fastest lap, but in qualifying with light rain i'm 3 seconds behind and 3th place, i have restartet the qualifing a numerous times, but always end up 3 seconds behind, all the other Ford GT mk IV 67 does not get affected by the slippery surface, brake lenght is shorter than i can do without driving of track and they manage to take the corners much faster than i can do and they never loose grip and no back end slides, they simply drive like the track is dry and with slicks tires on, so for me to have a chance to beat them is to lower the opponent skill to 40 or 30. The same is also for the first Vintage GT 67 Mk IV Challenge, i was fastest on traning and qualifying i dry weather, the race was in light rain and i had no chance to beat them, so i ended up with opponent skill 30 (i won with good margin, so i should set it to 40) after numerous attempts. The qualifying and the race started with rain, so i assume that we all started with rain tires on.

Edit

No, in the first Vintage GT Mk IV Challenge, it started to rain on the end of second lap, i was leading with 5-7 seconds, but when the rain started i had to slow down (not to much) and the opponents was abel to catch up to me and i ended up on 3th place with few seconds behind.

Pressure Drop
03-06-2015, 11:08
Sounds great

"* Monitor/Spectate mode - Fixed an issue where the vehicle being viewed would automatically reset to the player’s vehicle on leaving the monitor screen. - thanks for working on this it was quite annoying !!

GBRC.C7
03-06-2015, 11:22
I NEED!

Why?

I NEED

I've just tweaked this for Ians' favourite word to make sure you have his attention...

Howie
03-06-2015, 12:10
It's in the Xbox One forum in the stickies. Patch 1.3 thread. Ian Bell wad discussing patches in that thread and he stated that the Racing Icons DLC and patch 1.4 are closely linked together. I would link but I'm posting from my phone.

It's amazing what you find out viewing other sub sections.

I'm not one to make stuff up, Ian Bell was quite open with us Xbox One gamers in our sub forum. Also if you look at the SMS events it states a Bentley Speed 8 event starts on the 5th of June.

No need to be rude. Searching around the forums will give you the proof.

So we should be getting both the patch and Bentley speed 8, within two days. Thanks. My question wasn't rude to me. I guess your talking about the other response to your post.

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 12:14
So we should be getting both the patch and Bentley speed 8, within two days.

I wouldn't bet my money on that. The patch was just recently submitted to MS & Sony.

GenBrien
03-06-2015, 12:23
it took 6 days fro mthe announcement of 1.3 and the released on Xbox1

KkDrummer
03-06-2015, 12:23
I wouldn't bet my money on that. The patch was just recently submitted to MS & Sony.

so we are looking at another week...maybe Friday, but 12th instead! oh well...I am having fun with PCars and can wait! =] Thanks Bealdor

diesel97
03-06-2015, 12:30
it took 6 days fro mthe announcement of 1.3 and the released on Xbox1

1.4 patch is alot bigger than 1.3 patch so there is alot more stuff to look at and test

Bryer
03-06-2015, 12:40

From my understanding of conversations with Ian, is that 1.4 was sent off at the same time as 1.3 due to the certification process, so that it would be ready for this week. He did say the patches would hit Xbox One gamers in quick succession, hinting that it was already with them.

mister dog
03-06-2015, 12:44
Steam has nothing to do with MS and sony, so PC users should get the patch today if it's ready :)

Indeed.

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 12:44
From my understanding of conversations with Ian, is that 1.4 was sent off at the same time as 1.3 due to the certification process, so that it would be ready for this week. He did say the patches would hit Xbox One gamers in quick succession, hinting that it was already with them.

It wasn't sorry. Plus we found a crash bug we had to fix. It will still be a couple of weeks guys.

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 12:45

Nope:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-POST-96-Update-for-PS4&p=952700&viewfull=1#post952700

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-POST-96-Update-for-PS4&p=960002&viewfull=1#post960002

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-POST-96-Update-for-PS4&p=960073&viewfull=1#post960073

Edit: Ninja'd by the man himself

Bryer
03-06-2015, 12:45
It wasn't sorry. Plus we found a crash bug we had to fix. It will still be a couple of weeks guys.

Well I stand corrected.

I don't tend to visit the PS4 sub forum as I'm an Xbox One user. My bad.

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 12:57
This is not a bug report thread.

Btw. Bruno, you already opened a thread about this issue (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29085-Amateur-HUD-layout-problem-PT-BR). Please don't repeatedly post this in other threads then.

Brunolbqrq
03-06-2015, 13:01
This is not a bug report thread.

Btw. Bruno, you already opened a thread about this issue (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29085-Amateur-HUD-layout-problem-PT-BR). Please don't repeatedly post this in other threads then.

Ok. I'll delete it.

Edit: deleted. But hope the devs fix it.

Heymi9615
03-06-2015, 13:06
I need better statistics: Counters milleage for every car, track and total.

mister dog
03-06-2015, 13:08
It will still be a couple of weeks guys.
Does it need to be resubmitted to Sony/MS or was that just a delightful joke? :)
In case it needs to be resubmitted and go through their painfully slow approval process, i hope you can cut us PC users some slack and release it on Steam earlier?

Mascot
03-06-2015, 13:11
I need better statistics: Counters milleage for every car, track and total.

Oh dear.

MysterG
03-06-2015, 13:19
Does it need to be resubmitted to Sony/MS or was that just a delightful joke? :)
In case it needs to be resubmitted and go through their painfully slow approval process, i hope you can cut us PC users some slack and release it on Steam earlier?

I think we all get that you think PC users should get their patch before everyone else.
No need to repeat it again ;)

mister dog
03-06-2015, 13:22
I think we all get that you think PC users should get their patch before everyone else.
No need to repeat it again ;)
Just making sense that's all ;)

BULLYT
03-06-2015, 13:38
Will the FFB improvements be noticeable if we already changed some of the default values? Or is it just affecting default settings?

mister dog
03-06-2015, 13:42
Will the FFB improvements be noticeable if we already changed some of the default values? Or is it just affecting default settings?
Just the default settings, Doug confirmed that today.

Howie
03-06-2015, 13:47
Just the default settings, Doug confirmed that today. I'm wondering if we don't have, "let game override Logitech profiler" checked. If the new changes will have any effect on our current ffb? Anyone know?

BULLYT
03-06-2015, 13:54
Missed this thx

ctd
03-06-2015, 14:58

Here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLD-7bCtME

:cool:

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 15:04
Because due to the SMS-R series, it's to be released across all platforms simultaneously as it contains some specific bug fixes for the 5th of June event with the Bentley Speed 8, these events are open to both PC and consoles. :-)

Yes you did make it up, you interpreted a series of statements the way you wanted (that's how we got religion!) and came up with your own belief and timeline - generally known as 1+1=3. Which isn't going to happen and has been confirmed. And seriously get over yourself, what on earth do you think the point of you leaving me a negative reputation comments has? Nobody cares on here, it isn't one of the kiddy forums where everybody is trying to prove themselves all the time. I won't bother leaving you one back as it just doesn't matter.

tgunator
03-06-2015, 15:12
Someone don't understand... "...we HAD to fix"

Bryer
03-06-2015, 15:13
Yes you did make it up, you interpreted a series of statements the way you wanted (that's how we got religion!) and came up with your own belief and timeline - generally known as 1+1=3. Which isn't going to happen and has been confirmed. And seriously get over yourself, what on earth do you think the point of you leaving me a negative reputation comments has? Nobody cares on here, it isn't one of the kiddy forums where everybody is trying to prove themselves all the time. I won't bother leaving you one back as it just doesn't matter.

So you make this comment in the public thread.

If you read my subsequent post, I held my hands up as I was slightly out of touch with the latest update regarding the patch.

Your attitude really isn't necessary to be fair.

The timescale I was working too, was an educated guess based on information available in the public domain about Dlc and conversations in a thread with Mr Bell.

Hey ho, won't post in the precious PC users sub forum anymore.

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 15:25
So you make this comment in the public thread.

If you read my subsequent post, I held my hands up as I was slightly out of touch with the latest update regarding the patch.

Your attitude really isn't necessary to be fair.

The timescale I was working too, was an educated guess based on information available in the public domain about Dlc and conversations in a thread with Mr Bell.

Hey ho, won't post in the precious PC users sub forum anymore.

I wouldn't have made any comment if you hadn't felt the need to neg me with a snide comment. Yes you did make a subsequent post, I'd already left my post saying you'd made it up, which you had, you then took the time and effort to neg me AFTER all of that. You seem to be of the generation that thinks they can do and say what they like and then get all upset when there's comeback. I'm happy to leave it there, up to you.

I have no idea what platform you're on, and really don't see what that has got to do with it.

Francorchamps
03-06-2015, 15:42
Does the GUI fixes fix the russian roulette game with navigation? Is the GUI fixed for better viewing on TV screens?

yusupov
03-06-2015, 15:50
so um..

why can't these just be live thru steam for PC again??

same crap is going on w/ the witcher 3...two awesome games & there sitting on the shelf while i wait for patches that have been developer-approved for days now to be approved by third parties that needn't effect its release at all.

Bryer
03-06-2015, 15:53
I wouldn't have made any comment if you hadn't felt the need to neg me with a snide comment. Yes you did make a subsequent post, I'd already left my post saying you'd made it up, which you had, you then took the time and effort to neg me AFTER all of that. You seem to be of the generation that thinks they can do and say what they like and then get all upset when there's comeback. I'm happy to leave it there, up to you.

I have no idea what platform you're on, and really don't see what that has got to do with it.

You seem to have "made up" and "changeable information" mixed up. Nothing was made up as you put it. It was factual information 3 weeks ago during the Xbox One patching process.

To say someone is making something up when the information came from a developer is bang out of order.

I've admitted I was wrong on specific details, so why the roid rage responses?!

Want to answer, use the Private message facility.

MysterG
03-06-2015, 15:55
so um..

why can't these just be live thru steam for PC again??

same crap is going on w/ the witcher 3...two awesome games & there sitting on the shelf while i wait for patches that have been developer-approved for days now to be approved by third parties that needn't effect its release at all.

SMS are holding it back just to annoy PC gamers. That seems the most logical reason to me ..

Or maybe there are reasons that developers don't want to or can't divulge.

MysterG
03-06-2015, 15:56
You seem to have "made up" and "changeable information" mixed up. Nothing was made up as you put it. It was factual information 3 weeks ago during the Xbox One patching process.

To say someone is making something up when the information came from a developer is bang out of order.

I've admitted I was wrong on specific details, so why the roid rage responses?!

Want to answer, use the Private message facility.

Both of you take it to PM if you must continue.

yusupov
03-06-2015, 16:16
SMS are holding it back just to annoy PC gamers. That seems the most logical reason to me ..

Or maybe there are reasons that developers don't want to or can't divulge.

well i dont understand why not.

im not (just) whining; id like an answer bc it doesnt make sense to me. i assume there is an explanation, & that it can be divulged. i think the idea of there being a 'fairness-clause' as far as when patches can be released is unlikely, much less that if there is such a clause, there's an additional clause that it can't be publically acknowledged.

if true, we have publishers manually deciding to hold off hotfixes & other patches that could easily be implemented over steam for...what reason? if developers can't answer, surely someone has a decent grasp as to why, or else this should not be the case.

i agree that illogical things shouldn't just happen.

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 16:29
So to clarify , would a "crash bug" be a bug that's is crashing the game itself (as reported). Or just a bug that had to be sorted (crushed) ? Hope the question makes sense !:confused:

MysterG
03-06-2015, 16:31
So to clarify , would a "crash bug" be a bug that's is crashing the game itself (as reported). Or just a bug that had to be sorted (crushed) ? Hope the question makes sense !:confused:

A bug crashing the game.

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 16:45
Thank you. Much appreciated:)
A bug crashing the game.

Bounkass
03-06-2015, 17:06
Has this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28153-Need-Help!!!-Hall-of-Fame-Trophy&p=957176&viewfull=1#post957176) been looked at yet? It seems to have affected many people on trophy forums. :(

Falconeye
03-06-2015, 17:23
Good news, Assetto Corsa will be available on consoles next year, I am fed up with this buggy game and at sms they are not even capable to make a patch that is not crashing the game. This game is not optimized and making my console hot like a microwave oven. I am not using this game now, it is even becoming boring.
PS4 games should not be distributed with company having so little budget. You cannot do something good when you have just 4M dollars. However, we are a lot buying this game so SMS should have provide us more features and a finished game.

RetroNooB
03-06-2015, 17:26
It is implemented in the game, if you start a race your tires are alreadt heated up (green).

Not in practice sessions tho.

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 17:29
Good news, Assetto Corsa will be available on consoles next year, I am fed up with this buggy game and at sms they are not even capable to make a patch that is not crashing the game. This game is not optimized and making my console hot like a microwave oven. I am not using this game now, it is even becoming boring.
PS4 games should not be distributed with company having so little budget. You cannot do something good when you have just 4M dollars. However, we are a lot buying this game so SMS should have provide us more features and a finished game.

Thanks Falcon.

Report back on how that track roster is doing. Let us know how good the dynamic time of day and dynamic weather is rolling. Let us know how the pitstops are improving the experience. I'm sure the AI will put us to shame. Let me know how the dynamic per second and per race weekend 'Live Track' is functioning.

Just mentioning this as you are asking for more features in pCARS...

Enough please.

Broken Brakes
03-06-2015, 17:33
Thanks Falcon.

Report back on how that track roster is doing. Let us know how good the dynamic time of day and dynamic weather is rolling. Let us know how the pitstops are improving the experience. I'm sure the AI will put us to shame. Let me know how the dynamic per second and per race weekend 'Live Track' is functioning.

Just mentioning this as you are asking for more features in pCARS...

Enough please.
You pushing GP4 there? It sure sounds like it :)

Beer
03-06-2015, 17:36
Does the update also fix Stock Cars being limited to 90mph?

mire2
03-06-2015, 17:37
When will it roll out? On 5. June? I heard that maybe a DLC comes on the 5. So i think a patch too.....?

skells22
03-06-2015, 17:39
at least you found a issue before the patch went live so that fine by me Ian Bell.

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 17:46

When will it roll out? On 5. June? I heard that maybe a DLC comes on the 5. So i think a patch too.....?

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 17:49
I agree!!;)
at least you found a issue before the patch went live so that fine by me Ian Bell.

nissan4ever
03-06-2015, 17:51

Really? Take a deep breath. A patch here & there, we'll have a truly awesome game in Project CARS. Not to mention added features, tracks & cars. They plan on supporting this game for 2 yrs. Take a chill pill dude!

Roger Prynne
03-06-2015, 17:51
Does the update also fix Stock Cars being limited to 90mph?

They're not?

Linx
03-06-2015, 17:54
Dear SMS and mods. Can we get a patch for this forum that bounces all arguments and repeated questions that have been answered to its own sub forum? .... Wait.... I guess they'll be arguing about that patch too.....Disregard

C6ckneyGeezer
03-06-2015, 17:58
If ive read right, the patch for PS4 is still a few weeks away yet? Please don't hit me with a stick for asking....

stux
03-06-2015, 18:02
Maybe although not as long as Sony or Microsoft, maybe Steam have a processing time period as well before it is allowed to be implemented.

Maybe, Bandai/namco has to approve PC patches too...

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 18:32
Seems so...
If ive read right, the patch for PS4 is still a few weeks away yet? Please don't hit me with a stick for asking....

-IGN- Spinster
03-06-2015, 18:32
(PC)
I don't see 2 key fixes for rolling start and penalties cutting track if you enter pits.

Kingleo
03-06-2015, 18:33
* PC - The lobby browser now automatically extends the search distance for lobbies when not enough of them are found using the default filter. Lobbies that are hosted further away (and therefore have potentially worse latency to all peers) appear at the bottom of the browser, and are colour coded with yellow or orange icons do indicate the quality of the connection.

Sorry if this was answered already (didn't see it)

So after this we wont have to keep changing download regions in Steam?

gookiecrunch
03-06-2015, 18:41

Good news one more whiney baby leaving the game! Yay! They really should make you the head of dev, u just seem so bright and know exactly how things should be done... Lol good luck buddy

mister dog
03-06-2015, 18:42
Maybe, Bandai/namco has to approve PC patches too...

They are just the publisher so i don't think they are involved in the updates/ patch process.

C6ckneyGeezer
03-06-2015, 18:45
Seems so...

Damn. Well I really really thank the team and Ian for their efforts either way.

Shame for the wait time though. Kinda lost heart untill a patch comes out, really want to play the game but always get the hump when I do and turn it off. Not played for a few days now.

niceness-dk
They are just the publisher so i don't think they are involved in the updates/ patch process.

The 1.3 patch for the XBone was tested by Bandai Namco, before it was sent on to Microsoft, as far as I know.

Bealdor

They are the distributor, SMS is the publisher. And yes, Bandai Namco are involved in the patch process (they approved patch 1.3 too).

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 18:56
Sure it will be worth the wait:p
Damn. Well I really really thank the team and Ian for their efforts either way.

Shame for the wait time though. Kinda lost heart untill a patch comes out, really want to play the game but always get the hump when I do and turn it off. Not played for a few days now.

mister dog
03-06-2015, 19:01
They are the distributor, SMS is the publisher. And yes, Bandai Namco are involved in the patch process (they approved patch 1.3 too).
You learn something new every day :)
Do they go ahead and test it also, or is it more of a quick look at the notes and there comes the stamp 'approved'?

C6ckneyGeezer
03-06-2015, 19:05
Sure it will be worth the wait:p

Yhhhh you know it will be! I'm just really inpatient lol

zacmaccraken
03-06-2015, 19:23

Assetto Corsa lol, what a bad joke.......... That game is way OUT of league compared to Project Cars!!! It's like 20 steps back!! NO DYNAMIC WEATHER at all!!!, no day/night cycle and only 20 tracks!! Project Cars IS and WILL be THE best racing game of them all!!!!
Project Cars is like a playground for racing fans.
You should learn some respect also!!! Go wait for that shit called Assetto Corsa (what kind of name is that!?!?) and leave us true racing fans with project cars!

Umer Ahmad
03-06-2015, 19:38
Assetto Corsa lol, what a bad joke.......... That game is way OUT of league compared to Project Cars!!! It's like 20 steps back!! NO DYNAMIC WEATHER at all!!!, no day/night cycle and only 20 tracks!! Project Cars IS and WILL be THE best racing game of them all!!!!
Project Cars is like a playground for racing fans.
You should learn some respect also!!! Go wait for that shit called Assetto Corsa (what kind of name is that!?!?) and leave us true racing fans with project cars!

AC discussion here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29559-2016-Assetto-Corsa-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4&p=965632#post965632)

Never played it but I have respect for their team, as does Ian (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29559-2016-Assetto-Corsa-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4&p=965395&viewfull=1#post965395)

mire2
03-06-2015, 19:58
So i am right that the patch (which is posted as the topic here) need few weeks longer?
means that ps4 ytill must play with day one patch.....strange that all got minimum 1.03 and the ps4 still day one patch...

c172fccc
03-06-2015, 20:09
Assetto Corsa lol, what a bad joke..........

Go wait for that shit called Assetto Corsa (what kind of name is that!?!?)

You should learn some respect also!!!

No, maybe you should.

Guys, there are other better ways to show your love for a game than bashing the competitors...

zacmaccraken
03-06-2015, 20:25
No, maybe you should.

Guys, there are other better ways to show your love for a game than bashing the competitors...

You're absolutely right mate, got carried away I admit it. But there was no need for that user to post that here..... I apologize.

zacmaccraken
03-06-2015, 20:28
AC discussion here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29559-2016-Assetto-Corsa-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4&p=965632#post965632)

Never played it but I have respect for their team, as does Ian (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29559-2016-Assetto-Corsa-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4&p=965395&viewfull=1#post965395)

I apologize for getting carried away...what that user did felt like an attack on all the awesome people who made Project Cars possible.

cwinnbari
03-06-2015, 21:22
Back on topic...
Ian said a couple of weeks. Does that mean till they are approved/released or that something was found and it will be a couple of weeks before they are resubmitted

Hanchi
03-06-2015, 21:23
What a bunch of whining pussy's!

All the asseto lovers.........not even gonna waste much words at you, just gtfo this forum and NEVER play Pcars again. We don't need you people here.

This game is number 1 and can stay so for a long time!!!!

Just give us enough track and CARS. Make us happy

By the time some other junk racing game finally comes out for consoles we will all be satisfied by pcars and don't feel the need to buy something similar but worse. why the fuck should we :)

i love project cars

Iladio
03-06-2015, 21:29
All this hate, the 2 games are good with pros and cons...

If only some could grow up

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 21:49
Guys, stop the off topic discussion now please. You were already asked to take this discussion to the right thread:

GTR
03-06-2015, 22:15

I'm not so sure. You can self-publish on PSN but SMS didn't:

Xbox:

Developer:Slightly Mad Studios
Publisher:BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Project-CARS-Digital-Edition/319da857-7afd-4071-96c8-e01502318522

PSN:

Bandai Namco Games America Inc.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/project-cars/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-B000000000001611

Steam:

Developer: Slightly Mad Studios
Publisher: Slightly Mad Studios, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
http://store.steampowered.com/app/234630/

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 22:22
I'm not so sure. You can self-publish on PSN but SMS didn't:

Xbox:

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Project-CARS-Digital-Edition/319da857-7afd-4071-96c8-e01502318522

PSN:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/project-cars/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-B000000000001611

Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234630/

Bandai manages the distribution but has no saying on the game design. That's why they're not a publisher like EA for example (who dictate their devs everything) but a distributor.

Kulch
04-06-2015, 01:42
if the patch was due 5th June, this crash bug was probably found by MS/Sony

looks like im trading the game in on weekend. ive been very patient, an entire month waiting for AI to be effected by weather, tyres, xbox matchmaking problems. Once bitten, twice shy.

i'll pick it up on a steam sale in the future

stux
04-06-2015, 01:44
Point is, Bandai/Namco approves ps4/xb1 patches before they get submitted to MS/Sony. Which means they probably do the same for Steam patches too.

Linx
04-06-2015, 07:40
Question for the devs. Once the issue of the community events not registering a lot of people's times is fixed, will the community events start over from race 1 or will it continue from wherever it may be by the time it's fixed?

Elmo
04-06-2015, 08:21
Sorry if this was answered already (didn't see it)

So after this we wont have to keep changing download regions in Steam?

This correct. Should improve the online experience a lot for those that are from regions that haven't that many players or that like to play at odd hours :)

Bounkass
04-06-2015, 09:18
Question for the devs. Once the issue of the community events not registering a lot of people's times is fixed, will the community events start over from race 1 or will it continue from wherever it may be by the time it's fixed?

Since when is it fixed?

I'd personally like to see them restart the whole thing. I missed out on a chance to win that prize because of a bug...

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 09:21
Since when is it fixed?

I'd personally like to see them restart the whole thing. I missed out on a chance to win that prize because of a bug...

Thought you were trading it in so won't affect you anyway.

Bounkass
04-06-2015, 09:30
Thought you were trading it in so won't affect you anyway.

What? I never said I'm trading it in? I like Project Cars a lot.

Rheumatic_Monkey
04-06-2015, 10:05
Really big patch there, and the motion control option for the DS4! I didn't see that coming.
I can finally use my non-compatible, non-functional, 13 year old thrustmaster wheel by duct-taping the DS4 to it.

Now I just have one wish for the game. Since we can't customize them in the consoles, it would be great if we had the ability to choose our helmets (from the default ones) and stick with it in career/free race/online instead being chosen randomly.

Anyway, thanks for the patch, hope it comes out soon.

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 10:31
Temporarily closed.

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 10:38
Thread re-opened.

Everybody stay on topic (which is discussing the patch notes and nothing else) now please.

cornwolf
04-06-2015, 11:23
Do we have a rough date for this patch yet? Are we looking at a Friday release again?

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 11:27
Do we have a rough date for this patch yet? Are we looking at a Friday release again?

A couple of weeks is the best estimation atm unfortunately:

GPRoadRunner
04-06-2015, 11:29
I don't understand why it is all been done in one big one?

Maybe someone could enlighten me as to why it is done this way almost a month after release. There are some more important bugs that would require more urgent attention than some others. Ie. Fanatec wheels all working (as well as some of the TM wheels) as this was an important point for many who still can not use them. Or the Le mans 24h pit glitch as examples.

These could/should of been addressed earlier as many peoples "customer satisfaction" rests on some more of these points, rather than some minor fixes to cars and tracks that could be changed later.

Surely if it is down to money, saving money, customer satisfaction comes first so you have people to continue investing in the game? (DLC, PCars 2 etc.)

This isn't a whine (or i hope doesn't comes across as one) but more an enquiry of why it was done this way. The reasons for it?

On a positive, i like the game and continue to play, keep up the good work. :)

Siberian Tiger
04-06-2015, 11:32
I don't understand why it is all been done in one big one?

Maybe someone could enlighten me as to why it is done this way almost a month after release. There are some more important bugs that would require more urgent attention than some others. Ie. Fanatec wheels all working (as well as some of the TM wheels) as this was an important point for many who still can not use them. Or the Le mans 24h pit glitch as examples.

These could/should of been addressed earlier as many peoples "customer satisfaction" rests on some more of these points, rather than some minor fixes to cars and tracks that could be changed later.

Surely if it is down to money, saving money, customer satisfaction comes first so you have people to continue investing in the game? (DLC, PCars 2 etc.)

This isn't a whine (or i hope doesn't comes across as one) but more an enquiry of why it was done this way. The reasons for it?

On a positive, i like the game and continue to play, keep up the good work. :)

Short Answer: The Dev's which are Fixing Car / Track Art Related Bugs aren't the ones which are working on Programming (AI) or something Issues.

GPRoadRunner
04-06-2015, 11:55
Short Answer: The Dev's which are Fixing Car / Track Art Related Bugs aren't the ones which are working on Programming (AI) or something Issues.

Thank you for the response. :)
So if one side were to finish they'd have to wait until the other side was, before sending out the patch as is in this case?

Nicho Lucas Dad
04-06-2015, 12:23
This game will die before it gets to where it should be unfortunately, by the time its all sorted other games
will release and soon Pcars will become a distant memory. A shame because I was loving it but the bugs and
idiots that play demolition derby kill it.

Mascot
04-06-2015, 12:30
This game will die before it gets to where it should be unfortunately, by the time its all sorted other games
will release and soon Pcars will become a distant memory. A shame because I was loving it but the bugs and

How can 'idiots that play demolition derby' be patched out?

Online racing with random people was, is, and always will be a gamble. Find and join a group of like-minded people and I guarantee you'll have a much better time.

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 12:45
What? I never said I'm trading it in? I like Project Cars a lot.

Ah good, I must have misread:0 game is awesome!

jenzjenzen
04-06-2015, 13:00
Couple of weeks ?
Hoped to start the weekend with the new patch.... :(

That sounds like a major crash bug for me when it takes some more weeks. :)

Anyway, thanks for working on it , il try to be patient ;)

mister dog
04-06-2015, 13:03
Anyway, thanks for working on it , il try to be patient ;)
It's hard to be patient no? :) I already got my hopes up for this week too seeing the notes.

Nicho Lucas Dad
04-06-2015, 13:19
[QUOTE=Mascot;966795]How can 'idiots that play demolition derby' be patched out?

I didn't ask for them to be patched out, I stated that along with the bugs they are killing the game.

morpwr
04-06-2015, 13:20
It's hard to be patient no? :) I already got my hopes up for this week too seeing the notes.

That makes three of us.lol O well more waiting.....

Mascot
04-06-2015, 13:29
I didn't ask for them to be patched out, I stated that along with the bugs they are killing the game.

Ah, my mistake. I thought we were talking about the patch in the patch thread.

Regardless, my comment about racing against random people online still stands, and is the same in ANY racing game. I'm still not sure why you singled this out as a particular criticism for pCARS.

Nicho Lucas Dad
04-06-2015, 13:41

Regardless, my comment about racing against random people online still stands, and is the same in ANY racing game. I'm still not sure why you singled this out as a particular criticism for pCARS.

Is this how you get your post count up, Do you want to upgrade from Kart driver? Your concerned about my post? . There is no need to be a smart ass, Typical keyboard behind a screen tuffy. Get a life. bye!

FMS
04-06-2015, 13:52
Beyond the snarling realm and unpleasant momentum,
No land, only a sky of wondrous dimension...

FA RACING 01
04-06-2015, 13:55
Beyond the snarling realm and unpleasant momentum,
No land, only a sky of wondrous dimension...

Who was the poet ?

FMS
04-06-2015, 13:58
Me, chap. Sorry. :)

GPRoadRunner
04-06-2015, 14:11

Should racing games not learn from what has gone before?

This isn't a critique to you as i hardly can judge you without knowledge. But as many of us on here and part of the development team that created this game must have played other racing titles from generations back, but to make a point ill use more recent titles, Ie. Forza series, GT Series, Iracing. They all have online lobbies as to where anyone can join some race or another in a public room. And anyone that knows or has played forza would know for the majority it is okay in terms of fairness, but there are some who just want to wreck or feel unjust about an overtaking move and seek revenge on the rest of the field. But forza counter this is some aspects by ghosting the car when stationary or when going the wrong way around the track. In PCars that doesn't happen and for the life of me i can't understand why. It aids to the wreckers, by going the wrong way or as a major complaint stopping on the apex of said corner causing accidents.

So why not learn from past games and take on feedback that, ghosting cars is a start but build on that to further enhance fair and equal racing. Like that of Iracing of a Safety Rating. It's not perfect but it's a start and it builds on previous attempts. Otherwise every racing game is going to follow the same suit and online will be full of people wrecking as you said, "ANY". PCArs has gone backwards for online lobbies not forwards and that is the biggest gripe.

Mascot
04-06-2015, 14:30
Should racing games not learn from what has gone before?

This isn't a critique to you as i hardly can judge you without knowledge. But as many of us on here and part of the development team that created this game must have played other racing titles from generations back, but to make a point ill use more recent titles, Ie. Forza series, GT Series, Iracing. They all have online lobbies as to where anyone can join some race or another in a public room. And anyone that knows or has played forza would know for the majority it is okay in terms of fairness, but there are some who just want to wreck or feel unjust about an overtaking move and seek revenge on the rest of the field. But forza counter this is some aspects by ghosting the car when stationary or when going the wrong way around the track. In PCars that doesn't happen and for the life of me i can't understand why. It aids to the wreckers, by going the wrong way or as a major complaint stopping on the apex of said corner causing accidents.

So why not learn from past games and take on feedback that, ghosting cars is a start but build on that to further enhance fair and equal racing. Like that of Iracing of a Safety Rating. It's not perfect but it's a start and it builds on previous attempts. Otherwise every racing game is going to follow the same suit and online will be full of people wrecking as you said, "ANY". PCArs has gone backwards for online lobbies not forwards and that is the biggest gripe.

A ghost driving the wrong way around the track is still spoiling the racing experience for everyone else in the lobby though. My point was, if you value clean, fair and sensible online racing, then use the dedicated thread on this forum to find like-minded people in private lobbies, and avoid racing with random people at all costs.

GPRoadRunner
04-06-2015, 14:37
A ghost driving the wrong way around the track is still spoiling the racing experience for everyone else in the lobby though. My point was, if you value clean, fair and sensible online racing, then use the dedicated thread on this forum to find like-minded people in private lobbies, and avoid racing with random people at all costs.

But less so than being taken out and forced to retire or crawl around cause your car doesn't go in a straight line?

And i agree with you, for the best kind of racing you do want private lobbies or championships to enter, fully agree. But they are not always around or viable. My point is though with a proper setup public lobbies shouldn't be allowed to be turned into smash fest, that people have to resort to private lobbies.

Mascot
04-06-2015, 14:46
But less so than being taken out and forced to retire or crawl around cause your car doesn't go in a straight line?

And i agree with you, for the best kind of racing you do want private lobbies or championships to enter, fully agree. But they are not always around or viable. My point is though with a proper setup public lobbies shouldn't be allowed to be turned into smash fest, that people have to resort to private lobbies.

I'm not sure how that could ever work though. Ghosting when stopped or reversing would do nothing to stop hairpin rams or side-swipes.
Project CARS is supposed to match-make and filter players by some kind of 'online reputation' system but I'm not sure how effective it is yet. It sounds like one of those algorithms that gets more accurate and more effective the more it is used.

spinkick
04-06-2015, 14:52
If we didnt nag, we wouldnt show how much we care :) I was thinking it'd be ready by this weekend for some reason. Thanks for letting us know though! Its easier once expectations are communicated.

And yes we know not to expect it exactly in 2 weeks. Coding is hard. Mods please dont hit me

mister dog
04-06-2015, 14:57
If we didnt nag, we wouldnt show how much we care :)

Typical wife/ GF excuse though :)

GPRoadRunner
04-06-2015, 15:02
I'm not sure how that could ever work though. Ghosting when stopped or reversing would do nothing to stop hairpin rams or side-swipes.
Project CARS is supposed to match-make and filter players by some kind of 'online reputation' system but I'm not sure how effective it is yet. It sounds like one of those algorithms that gets more accurate and more effective the more it is used.

It doesn't, but it stops some of the things that happen now, it's building on things that we have see before not removing them. All that does it make everyone want it back. I want this game to be a success but when it's as accessible as it is for £40 you will get some more less mature players compared to shelling out 100's for iracing. We just need to build not remove.

spinkick
04-06-2015, 15:35
Typical wife/ GF excuse though :)

HAHAHA so true

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 15:48

This is not really the thread for it but I would like to chime in for a second on the matter.
Allowing an option to turn off collisions in online lobbies works pretty well in Forza. Two levels of ghosting would be even better one where collisions are just off and another option where a car ghosts if stopped in road, going wrong way. re-entering track or if a car closing from behind is going a lot faster. The variable ghosting would be a lot more work to enable but would be a nice option if it were there.

Linx
04-06-2015, 16:43
This is not really the thread for it but I would like to chime in for a second on the matter.
Allowing an option to turn off collisions in online lobbies works pretty well in Forza. Two levels of ghosting would be even better one where collisions are just off and another option where a car ghosts if stopped in road, going wrong way. re-entering track or if a car closing from behind is going a lot faster. The variable ghosting would be a lot more work to enable but would be a nice option if it were there.
I like that idea. If I could add my 2 cents in, make it so if one driver is over lapping the others ghost, then the amount of time he's over lapping gets added to his lap time. At the end of the race of he has "x" amount of those penalty seconds he loses one position from where he finished. But at the same time rubbing, bumping, and crashing is part of racing. Though I wouldn't mind seeing those demolition type drivers to have their cars blow up in a violent explosion. Sorry mods, I got off the topic. Can't wait for the patch release. Very excited here!!

Kerbie
04-06-2015, 16:45
looks good but have you fixed the issue where the hans device suffers clipping in the formula rookie car and looks like its going through the engine cover?.

kojot
04-06-2015, 16:50
Controls – All platforms
* Fixed pedals and triggers that vibrates during replays.
* Fixed an issue that causes the wheel centring spring to be active during driving.
* Improved force feedback strength and tweaked the default force feedback parameters for all supported wheels based on community feedback.
* Further enhancements to the steering feeling – Improved blending between the tyre force spring and the steering lock spring.
* Improved behaviour of the wheel force springs while navigating the menu system.

Can we have hope for some improvements in mouse steering in future patch? For mouse players game is still unplayable :(

morpwr
04-06-2015, 17:16
Can we have hope for some improvements in mouse steering in future patch? For mouse players game is still unplayable :(

That's funny!!!!Id be happy with a wheel that worked right I can wait for the rest.

LextersQuest
04-06-2015, 18:13
Still a couple of weeks before patch. Very sad to read that.
But my counter on playtime saying over 100hours of play, i gues a couple more hours until patch wont hurt me.

Linx
04-06-2015, 18:21
I'm just concerned that the patch isn't gonna keep getting postponed like the release date of the game. Can't wait to play the improved version

morpwr
04-06-2015, 18:26
I'm just concerned that the patch isn't gonna keep getting postponed like the release date of the game. Can't wait to play the improved version

All we can do is wait and hope it doesn't take that long at this point.

Mrbrown33
04-06-2015, 18:53
Im starting to think the same thing. Some of the bugs are bringing my career to a stop and many of my friends who had it, have already traded it in. Some of the major racing sites have also postponed their events too. Anyway good luck with the next patch. One more thing, will we be seeing any DLC soon? Or is it on hold until the games fixed?

morpwr
04-06-2015, 19:02
Im starting to think the same thing. Some of the bugs are bringing my career to a stop and many of my friends who had it, have already traded it in. Some of the major racing sites have also postponed their events too. Anyway good luck with the next patch. One more thing, will we be seeing any DLC soon? Or is it on hold until the games fixed?

I really hope its on hold so they can concentrate on the patch.Im sure most of us would be ok with that.

Linx
04-06-2015, 19:08
To tell the truth and I hate to say it but I'm getting a little bored of it. In all games I prefer Career Mode over online and now I can't continue my career. And solo races isn't cutting it for me. I'm trying my best to be patient.

C6ckneyGeezer
04-06-2015, 19:39
To tell the truth and I hate to say it but I'm getting a little bored of it. In all games I prefer Career Mode over online and now I can't continue my career. And solo races isn't cutting it for me. I'm trying my best to be patient.

I am the same tbh. Me and a few mates have a wheel setups etc all ready for this game and all of us have played and kinda given up at this stage. Not played for a while now.

I really hope this wont effect the game in the long run though, must be hard for the devs as it's out of their hands now. But the quicker this path comes then the better it will be for the game and it's community.

morpwr
04-06-2015, 19:48
I am the same tbh. Me and a few mates have a wheel setups etc all ready for this game and all of us have played and kinda given up at this stage. Not played for a while now.

I really hope this wont effect the game in the long run though, must be hard for the devs as it's out of their hands now. But the quicker this path comes then the better it will be for the game and it's community.

Same here with the wheel setup just sitting since the second week it was out.Like a lot of us played with the ffb and gave up until the patch comes out.Wait until all the people that have been playing find out what it should feel like.:D

John Hargreaves
04-06-2015, 19:49

Could you practise the upcoming events in quick race, reproducing the class/time and location? Just a thought, might keep you going for a bit, and when career is fixed you'll be race fit.

amazed
04-06-2015, 20:04
Could you practise the upcoming events in quick race, reproducing the class/time and location? Just a thought, might keep you going for a bit, and when career is fixed you'll be race fit.

That's what I'm doing!

centurian
04-06-2015, 20:08
Haven't played it for quite a while and removed it from my hard-drive until the patch is out and I've read a few positive comments about the constant unhandled exception crashes.

Linx
04-06-2015, 20:18
Do you mean the time attack community event? Being that it doesn't record your time I've only tried it once. Is this a race or time attack? This is a good idea and I guess that'll keep me busy until it's fixed though I understand that this fix is not included in patch 1.4. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Schnizz58
04-06-2015, 20:21
I think there are ways to be productive even if you choose to put your career on hold while things are being sorted out. I'm spending time learning tracks I'm not familiar with, learning and tuning cars that I'll need, trying to dial in my FFB settings and things like that. And as long as I don't run into a lot of rain, there are things I can get done in career mode too. If you can't find something productive to do while you wait, you aren't trying hard enough.

Linx
04-06-2015, 20:22
Another question. If I tune and save will I have that saved tune in the actual event?

Linx
04-06-2015, 20:30
I think there are ways to be productive even if you choose to put your career on hold while things are being sorted out. I'm spending time learning tracks I'm not familiar with, learning and tuning cars that I'll need, trying to dial in my FFB settings and things like that. And as long as I don't run into a lot of rain, there are things I can get done in career mode too. If you can't find something productive to do while you wait, you aren't trying hard enough.
I can't do anything in career mode as I'm stuck in an invitational. Practice was fine but now I'm in qualifying and it's not holding the tune for the car or FFB.

Schnizz58
04-06-2015, 20:30
Another question. If I tune and save will I have that saved tune in the actual event?
I believe that tunes are saved for each car and for each track or you can choose to save for all tracks. So my approach is to develop a good generic tune for a particular car and save it for all tracks. Then for each track, I'll apply specific tweaks to the generic tune that are saved just for that track.

John Hargreaves
04-06-2015, 20:31
Do you mean the time attack community event? Being that it doesn't record your time I've only tried it once. Is this a race or time attack? This is a good idea and I guess that'll keep me busy until it's fixed though I understand that this fix is not included in patch 1.4. Please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm thinking that if you could find out the details of one of the events coming up in your career, i.e. 15 lap GT4 race at Monza, June 2015, 2pm start, then you could recreate exactly the scenario in quick race weekend, so you can learn the track, car, overtaking points etc so that when you do get to do that race in career you'll be shit hot already, kind of like Rene Rast using pCars to practise real tracks, only you'd be using pCars to practise, well, pCars.
You could probably find out from the forum what the weather conditions are for that event (unless it's randomly generated, don't know)
Just a thought really, might work.

tclancey
04-06-2015, 20:45
And available when?

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 20:48
And available when?

And available when what?

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 20:50
And available when?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes/page38&p=964706#post964706

C6ckneyGeezer
04-06-2015, 21:01
Same here with the wheel setup just sitting since the second week it was out.Like a lot of us played with the ffb and gave up until the patch comes out.Wait until all the people that have been playing find out what it should feel like.:D

FFB is the main issue for me tbh. My mate has a t300 which the center spring is on all the time. I have a T100 which I can turn the center spring off, but I basicly feel no understeer etc. I was having great fun using the controler with great hopes of how things would be with the wheel, then got my wheel setup sorted and it's so disapointing.

Ahh well. Tbh I bet the devs are more frustrated than us, I feel for them I really do. If it was up to them I bet we would have the patch by now.

I won't give up, the game aint going anywhere. Give it time, gona be the best racing game for many years. Just need some patience.

RoccoTTS
04-06-2015, 21:02

Yep, this is exactly what i'm doing right now. I'm learning the tracks and learn to drive with all the cars.

Lawndarts
04-06-2015, 21:54
Forgetting day 1 patch, waiting 5-6 weeks post launch for relatively fundamental fixes on the PC is a bit excessive. I'm really looking forward to continuing my career but I can't help but feel like any time I put into the game now will do more to bug me than feed my further interests.

But I have some hope that "2 weeks" is directed at consoles and not PC.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 22:03
Forgetting day 1 patch, waiting 5-6 weeks post launch for relatively fundamental fixes on the PC is a bit excessive. I'm really looking forward to continuing my career but I can't help but feel like any time I put into the game now will do more to bug me than feed my further interests.

You didn't. You got patch 1.3 before the consoles.

Pirategenius
04-06-2015, 22:20

Actually it's only PS4 that has only had 1 patch!! That was the release day patch. It is annoying that we've had nothing until 1.4, but the wait will be worth it.
Keep up the good work Ian and the team.

Ps what the news of dlc release Free and paid ?

Mbondracing
04-06-2015, 22:21
Is it both consoles with a two Week delay? Does the crash bug affect both? Loving the game btw, best thing ever to launch on a console. Thanks for making the game I've always wanted!

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 22:36
Is it both consoles with a two Week delay? Does the crash bug affect both? Loving the game btw, best thing ever to launch on a console. Thanks for making the game I've always wanted!

The patch (for all formats) has now left us and will be in testing around now. I hope it's less than 2 weeks.

Linx
04-06-2015, 22:39
The patch (for all formats) has now left us and will be in testing around now. I hope it's less than 2 weeks.
Thank you Ian for keeping us updated

Mbondracing
04-06-2015, 22:41
Thanks for such a quick response Ian. You guys are the best. Even if it was two weeks I'd wait! Nice to hear it may be less.