PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 1.4 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4 and XB1

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

GBRC.C7
04-06-2015, 22:44
Ian, switch off for a while man.

You were posting early this morning and are still doing so at as near as damn it midnight.

SMS and the rest of us don't need you burnt to a frazzle, clock off for a while.
Unless of course you are utterly passionate about what you've created.. oh, you clearly are. Take a break anyway. :cool:

xMinzman
04-06-2015, 22:53
The patch (for all formats) has now left us and will be in testing around now. I hope it's less than 2 weeks.

i really don't know any other game where the players and developers can communicate so close !
i just love sms !! Sorry for off topic but i just have to say it.

INoTroN
04-06-2015, 23:00
The patch (for all formats) has now left us and will be in testing around now. I hope it's less than 2 weeks.

2 week its so long :(

xMinzman
04-06-2015, 23:04
but i'm sure it is worth the wait :)

Brian Coombes
04-06-2015, 23:04
i really don't know any other game where the players and developers can communicate so close !
i just love sms !! Sorry for off topic but i just have to say it.

Really is a breath of fresh air, lets just hope the negative people and whingers do not push them away from being so open.

MABlosfeld
04-06-2015, 23:13
Imagine if you could share the work with people in the community creating a large team of programmers helping to solve the problems encountered by the players? I'm in!

MABlosfeld
04-06-2015, 23:40
rFactor you pay to have a license to use the game for a period of time that you negotiate. During this time you play, participates with the community and keep updated. The community approves this system. I wish this system implemented here!

NBRacing16
04-06-2015, 23:48
Nice to see you guy fine tuning some of the AI issues I cant wait to play with the update

jason
05-06-2015, 01:57
mmmmmmm Disappointed with the patch delay as will the 20 or so players I regularly race against , we thought it was today :( ......... I'm playing a little less everyday with the t500 problems I have every second race :( ...... I don't want to damage it .

3 day weekend full of frustration , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug .

Sorry Guys yes I am frustrated with the delay of the patch as you can tell ( just need to f@#n vent) ....

Slowsley
05-06-2015, 03:22

Sweet. Me too 'cause, like, le Mans and stuff. Can't wait to do it side by side with the real deal. We're putting in the hours over here at Silver Spark.

Slowsley
05-06-2015, 03:29
rFactor you pay to have a license to use the game for a period of time that you negotiate. During this time you play, participates with the community and keep updated. The community approves this system. I wish this system implemented here!

rFactor 2 is $85/lifetime. pCARS is $49/lifetime. Sooo....I'm confused.

stux
05-06-2015, 03:35
I believe that tunes are saved for each car and for each track or you can choose to save for all tracks. So my approach is to develop a good generic tune for a particular car and save it for all tracks. Then for each track, I'll apply specific tweaks to the generic tune that are saved just for that track.

Yes, apparently, but every time I start the race I have to modify the tuning strategy because 1st and 2nd are the same. Even though I have fixed this in the garage...

NaRP
05-06-2015, 04:28

i see the nice FreeCar#2 :rolleyes:

Linx
05-06-2015, 04:30
i see the nice FreeCar#2 :rolleyes:
Where?

Fre.Mo
05-06-2015, 06:05

Yes two weeks is long, but thank you for keeping us informed regularly.

Mascot
05-06-2015, 06:14

Pay to play? That's a TERRIBLE idea for pCARS.

Mark Bevan
05-06-2015, 06:54

Judging by this forum, SMS would make more out of the pay to whinge model ;)

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 07:13
This thread seems to be getting a lot of attention so going to try asking here

DEDICATED SERVERS FOR PS4 (YES / NO / MAYBE)

Sorry I know your all probably busy with patching etc but been waiting 2 weeks with regular bumps and a PM to Ian with no answer, whilst a lot of other stuff does get answered. As a clean driving community we are crying out for news on this, hopefully PS4 gets dedicated servers (presume we will rent them monthly fee) with 24/7 lobbies password protected with custom settings but vote to change cars/track.

Having to have someone host every night and add hundreds of friends and keep track of who wants an invite is getting tiered fast, even with all the functionality we have in our community to make it as easy as possible.

Original post here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27398-Dedicated-ps4-servers-%282-weeks-and-no-answer-%29

Sonic6L
05-06-2015, 08:13

Lovely news :). Thank you.

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 08:14
mmmmmmm Disappointed with the patch delay as will the 20 or so players I regularly race against , we thought it was today :( ......... I'm playing a little less everyday with the t500 problems I have every second race :( ...... I don't want to damage it .

3 day weekend full of frustration , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug , sit down play a race or 2 , wheel goes silly shaking , offset degree whatever get up unplug replug .

Sorry Guys yes I am frustrated with the delay of the patch as you can tell ( just need to f@#n vent) ....

Why did you think it was today? I don't think that's even been hinted at.

lethaLEEkill
05-06-2015, 08:55
so does each party decide when to release the patch, or will it be simaltaneous for all platforms?:confused:

GonzoFK
05-06-2015, 09:06
Judging by this forum, SMS would make more out of the pay to whinge model ;)

Don't give us a reason to whinge & we won't.

MysterG
05-06-2015, 09:15

People who want to complain will always find a reason.

People complained there was no news on what was in 1.4 so Patch notes were put up .... now look, people complain it's not released yet.
Next they will complain it does not fix their particular wish regardless of whether that was listed as fixed or not.
Then they will complain that there is no news on 1.5 .... and so it continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

pCARS could have released 100% bug free and people would still have complained about something.

Mark Bevan
05-06-2015, 09:17

Why isn't there an emoticon for handbags ;)

Gamer1963
05-06-2015, 09:51
Just one question Yesterday I was driving the Ginetta G40 junior series that is a blast to drive, but when I was finishing the second race in the first race I got a message that the game failed to save the progress and asked me if I wanted to try again with the same result everytime. I then tried to race one more race on the next track hoping it would fix itself but the same result. Tried to search in the forum but could not find anything regarding this. So now I have one save that my car i stuck in the pits on Bathurst and one that wont save at all :confused:. But I still love the game because at it's best this sim is a gemstone :) Looking forward to the next patch, then I can drive the 25 hours at Bathurst ;)

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 09:54
Just one question Yesterday I was driving the Ginetta G40 junior series that is a blast to drive, but when I was finishing the second race in the first race I got a message that the game failed to save the progress and asked me if I wanted to try again with the same result everytime. I then tried to race one more race on the next track hoping it would fix itself but the same result. Tried to search in the forum but could not find anything regarding this. So now I have one save that my car i stuck in the pits on Bathurst and one that wont save at all :confused:. But I still love the game because at it's best this sim is a gemstone :) Looking forward to the next patch, then I can drive the 25 hours at Bathurst ;)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25834-Possible-solution-in-Post-15-Fail-to-save-data-fail-to-load-data-XBone

Gamer1963
05-06-2015, 10:00
Thanks, then I can go on with the Ginetta race :)

Goruk
05-06-2015, 11:24
Can someone clarify one thing please

* McLaren 12C GT3 - Adjusted the vehicle pose to more closely match the real car.

Will this change car performance or just looks? Im in the process of choosing a car for a series and would like to know this

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 11:26
Can someone clarify one thing please

* McLaren 12C GT3 - Adjusted the vehicle pose to more closely match the real car.

Will this change car performance or just looks? Im in the process of choosing a car for a series and would like to know this

Just visual appearance.

9ice_1
05-06-2015, 11:40
im searching for someone who has a spare invite code to give me so i can purchase this amazing base im reading about. Im going to be moving from the T500RS to this if i can get an invite. Also on their site the club sport pedals v2 wont be in stock till August ending so im wondering could i use my T500 pedals with it until then?

off topic but please forgive me guys as i'm desperate for this base:hopelessness:

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 11:43
im searching for someone who has a spare invite code to give me so i can purchase this amazing base im reading about. Im going to be moving from the T500RS to this if i can get an invite. Also on their site the club sport pedals v2 wont be in stock till August ending so im wondering could i use my T500 pedals with it until then?

off topic but please forgive me guys as i'm desperate for this base:hopelessness:
So don't you think you should have posted elsewhere then?

Like in the Off Topic Discussion (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?133-Off-Topic-Discussion) thread.

GonzoFK
05-06-2015, 11:48
People who want to complain will always find a reason.

People complained there was no news on what was in 1.4 so Patch notes were put up .... now look, people complain it's not released yet.
Next they will complain it does not fix their particular wish regardless of whether that was listed as fixed or not.
Then they will complain that there is no news on 1.5 .... and so it continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

pCARS could have released 100% bug free and people would still have complained about something.

And what about the people who do have genuine issues with the game through no fault of their own? They have a right to complain and when they do they just get categorised as "whingers". When you buy something you expect it work, if it doesn't, then people will complain.

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 11:52
It's not so much about the complaining per se, it's the way in which some people complain..... keep it civil is all we are asking.

GonzoFK
05-06-2015, 11:54
It's not so much about the complaining per se, it's the way in which some people complain..... keep it civil is all we are asking.

I do think some of the complaints could be more constructive.

transfix
05-06-2015, 12:45
@Mr Bell Sent you a pm but do you think there is any possibility in seeing a larger lap time UI or at least an option to choose?

bisco
05-06-2015, 12:49
There are tons of reasons to complain, to be fair. I do enjoy the game, but the multiplayer needs to be sorted and that's not even in the upcoming patch.

SOCIALDISCO
05-06-2015, 13:22
Not sure if this was asked before, but i simply don't have the time to look for an anwser on hundreds of posts, so apologize in advance..:

It will be possible to use a steering wheel and the PS4 controller at the same time? At least is imperative to be able to scroll on menus and settings with the controller.

Vitamin R
05-06-2015, 13:28
Really excited for the next patch. Nice work SMS/WMD. Glad I refused to give up on this game despite some frustration. Do we have an ETA on the patch? I didn't see it in the post?

Thank you.

MysterG
05-06-2015, 13:35
Really excited for the next patch. Nice work SMS/WMD. Glad I refused to give up on this game despite some frustration. Do we have an ETA on the patch? I didn't see it in the post?

Thank you.

No need to start a new thread to ask. The answer is "No date", just "weeks" hopefully not many, it's in the final stages. ;)

Merged.

Vitamin R
05-06-2015, 13:43
No need to start a new thread to ask. The answer is "No date", just "weeks" hopefully not many, it's in the final stages. ;)

Merged.

Appologies. New thread was to post my happiness. The question of a date was a bonus.

giulianbu
05-06-2015, 13:47
no DLC today?

MysterG
05-06-2015, 13:53
Appologies. New thread was to post my happiness. The question of a date was a bonus.

You can be happy here too :triumphant:

Fre.Mo
05-06-2015, 13:55
* PS4 - Temporal anti-aliasing has been further optimized. This reduces the ghosting effect and additionaly gives the player full control via a slider to tweak the resulting image according to personal preference.

Since we have to wait a couple of weeks for the patch to be release, is it possible to share with us the results (photo or video) of the new anti aliasing treatment and its effects on the ghosting?

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 14:01
Why are people so hung up about DLC's and new cars at this early stage... I honestly don't get it.
There's already enough content for now... surely you haven't mastered all cars and tracks already.
Patches to fix bugs I can understand.

ChrisK
05-06-2015, 14:03

Nevermind the delay...Let's just hope the patch actually fixes the crazy wheel issues for the t300 and t500 ! As yet no dev has answered the question specifically. My fear is they are avoiding the question cos the patch won't be addressing the issue.

Sonic6L
05-06-2015, 14:07
Why did you think it was today? I don't think that's even been hinted at.

There was a rumour going around the forum there was a patch today or DLC was released today?

Ian (I believe) stated earlier it may be 2 weeks before the 1.4 patch comes. Eagerly waiting so I can progress through career again.

Umer Ahmad
05-06-2015, 14:10
Nevermind the delay...Let's just hope the patch actually fixes the crazy wheel issues for the t300 and t500 ! As yet no dev has answered the question specifically. My fear is they are avoiding the question cos the patch won't be addressing the issue.
assuming you have read this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=961818&viewfull=1#post961818) but it's not a satisfactory answer for you? Not specific enough?

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 14:12
Why are people so hung up about DLC's and new cars at this early stage... I honestly don't get it.
There's already enough content for now... surely you haven't mastered all cars and tracks already.

I'm struggling with that too. Seems a bit odd, I've got to know 2 tracks well and 3 cars, last thing that makes any difference to me is new cars or tracks yet.

Umer Ahmad
05-06-2015, 14:14
dudebros, I've been playing the game 3+ years and still haven't mastered all cars/tracks. There's enough here to keep you busy for a while. Let's get the game 100% fixed/operational for all players while SOME OF the team builds out new content (track/car maker guy can't fix the controller/fps/sound issues dontcha-know!)

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 14:15
There was a rumour going around the forum there was a patch today or DLC was released today?

Ian (I believe) stated earlier it may be 2 weeks before the 1.4 patch comes. Eagerly waiting so I can progress through career again.

There was some discussion about the DLC, then a number of users decided that was the patch date as well. But none of the SMS staff or WMD even hinted at today that I've seen. One of the main problems at the moment is all the rumours flying about!

RomKnight
05-06-2015, 14:29
dudebros, I've been playing the game 3+ years and still haven't mastered all cars/tracks. There's enough here to keep you busy for a while. Let's get the game 100% fixed/operational for all players while SOME OF the team builds out new content (track/car maker guy can't fix the controller/fps/sound issues dontcha-know!)

Same. Just now i'm trying to be one with that Z4 GT3 setting it up for a track, learning the subtleties of it (and after the new fanatec drivers... wow).

Lets just say I instantly knew what to change on my previous setup after passing maggots/becketts complex and shaved 2s off previous time! (under 2''01' now :D )

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 14:42

Who the hell is dudebros ?... ;)

siemens123
05-06-2015, 14:52

who says u have to master all cars and tracks? for example i'm mostly a Nascar and Indycar/Openwheel racer on ovals and i was very disappointed that the oval tracks werent in on the release date (as have been stated last summer). i do enjoy the game on openwheels now as it is and i like to drive on 5-6 tracks online, but that's almost it. and yes , as a response for patch release , this game needs that patch ASAP , as some of important features dont work well, or at all , especially in online racing.

Achillias
05-06-2015, 15:12
Why didn't you guys fixed the bug on the PS4 where some people have problems to see the menu's in full screen on their HDTV!.

HBR-Roadhog
05-06-2015, 15:27

People always want more. One thing that a lot of folks are waiting for in terms of DLC is the oval track pack. My brother is a big oval fan and was pretty disappointed when he read that there would be no ovals in the initial release. He of course is hoping to see that DLC yesterday as I am sure are many others.

I am more interested in bugs fixes at this point but at the same time I know that usually it is a different group of people who work on content from those who work on fixes so there is no reason that DLC can't be worked n and released along side patches to fix various things as needed.

Bascially it is not an either or situation and as I said people always want more. It doesn't matter if you had 2000 cars someone would always be wanting one that is not there and hope for it in a DLC tomorrow. That is just the way of the world now-a-days.

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 15:37
Why didn't you guys fixed the bug on the PS4 where some people have problems to see the menu's in full screen on their HDTV!.

They've decided they can't be bothered to fix any bugs on the PS4 that's why. Nothing else important to do, just couldn't be bothered:beguiled:

Have you read the bug list they've fixed!!!! What do you think should have been dropped to fix your problem?

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 15:41
^^^ You do like to stir things up don't you...:rolleyes:

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 15:46
^^^ You do like to stir things up don't you...:rolleyes:

I can't believe anybody wouldn't take that tongue in cheek:) just so tired of the "why haven't you fixed my bug" stuff now, it's gone way beyond tiresome.

Aldo Zampatti
05-06-2015, 15:53
They've decided they can't be bothered to fix any bugs on the PS4 that's why. Nothing else important to do, just couldn't be bothered.

Trevor, I'm 99.9999% sure you were ironic here. Please specify that in your post with something that can be read that way, please! :)

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 15:55
Trevor, I'm 99.9999% sure you were ironic here. Please specify that in your post with something that can be read that way, please! :)

You can be 100% sure, I'll edit it:)

MABlosfeld
05-06-2015, 15:56
rFactor 2 is $85/lifetime. pCARS is $49/lifetime. Sooo....I'm confused.

pcars will have updates, fixes for lifetime for just $ 49?
Now I'm confused because I thought that updates and corrections
were for a period of time

MABlosfeld
05-06-2015, 16:02

you pay to keep the game up to date

Puto
05-06-2015, 16:05
Anybody know of they gonna fix in the future OR at this patch that ik can find my friends easy on the TimeTrail leaderboards ?
Don't understand why they never have put this options on the release.
Did nobody of the community cared about this feature on the years of development?

GBRC.C7
05-06-2015, 16:10

Mastered, I've barely driven any !!

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 16:13

Sorry I know your all probably busy with patching etc but been waiting 2 weeks with regular bumps and a PM to Ian with no answer, whilst a lot of other stuff does get answered. As a clean driving community we are crying out for news on this, hopefully PS4 gets dedicated servers (presume we will rent them monthly fee) with 24/7 lobbies password protected with custom settings but vote to change cars/track.

Having to have someone host every night and add hundreds of friends and keep track of who wants an invite is getting tiered fast, even with all the functionality we have in our community to make it as easy as possible.

Original post here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-no-answer-%29

Elmo
05-06-2015, 16:34

Original post here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-no-answer-%29

No need to post this multiple times a day. Please refrain from reposting it again.

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 16:41
I can't believe anybody wouldn't take that tongue in cheek:) just so tired of the "why haven't you fixed my bug" stuff now, it's gone way beyond tiresome.

Yeah agreed that most will take it 'Tongue in Cheek' but a smiley wouldn't go amiss. :friendly_wink:

morpwr
05-06-2015, 17:25
Soooo whens the update coming out?Just kidding.lol:p

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 17:28

What game do you do that with? only iracing that I know of.

MABlosfeld
05-06-2015, 18:23
What game do you do that with? only iracing that I know of.

rFACTOR 2 also

Nubooo
05-06-2015, 18:41
I thought I read a comment a few weeks ago that this patch was due out today, not completed today, hmm

NEPALII
05-06-2015, 18:56
Not sure I can handle waiting two more weeks for the patch. I will try to be strong. :)

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 19:17
Not sure I can handle waiting two more weeks for the patch. I will try to be strong. :)

Hang in there mate. We'll suffer with you, and enjoy afterwards with you too.;)

nissan4ever
05-06-2015, 19:32
I love how my fan doesn't run long at all on Project CARS. After finishing, say a 45 min/1 hr race. My fan cuts off with in 1 or 2 mins.

That never happened with FM5, lol. Run its butt off.

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 20:29
No need to post this multiple times a day. Please refrain from reposting it again.

Are you serious! How about an answer, go check the post i have bumped once a day for 2 weeks with no answer. So i aciidently post it twice as getting frustrated and you have a comment like that! Get off your horse! Ill keep posting it until it is answered this is a forum is it not?

Linx
05-06-2015, 21:16
Early in this thread I asked a question, then later it was asked by someone else and I don't believe it got answered. The patch notes reads "implementation to older Fanatec wheels". My question is, does that mean the clutch pedal will work now or is that in a future patch? I'm trying to stick to the topic and not ask what's not on the notes but the "support implementation" part is not really clear to me regarding my question. Thanks.

SOCIALDISCO
05-06-2015, 21:21
Not sure if this was asked before, but i simply don't have the time to look for an anwser on hundreds of posts, so apologize in advance..:

It will be possible to use a steering wheel and the PS4 controller at the same time? At least is imperative to be able to scroll on menus and settings with the controller.

There's already 4 pages of crap since my post, so i'm quoting myself here to (hopefully) get some feedback :onthego:

ChrisK
05-06-2015, 21:32
assuming you have read this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=961818&viewfull=1#post961818) but it's not a satisfactory answer for you? Not specific enough?

Thanks for answering.

Yes I've read that post and no it's not specific enough really. It doesn't mention anything about the wheel locking at off angles on TM wheels. It just says improves their performance which all of the people I know thought it was referring to the ffb and other improvements when the wheel is actually working. Can I take it from your response that the issue has been resolved with patch 1.4 ?

Slowsley
05-06-2015, 21:57
pcars will have updates, fixes for lifetime for just $ 49?
Now I'm confused because I thought that updates and corrections
were for a period of time

I don't think SMS is likely to update pCARS for the length of an average human lifetime, but I reckon that you can play the game for the full duration of your's.

turbobeat
05-06-2015, 23:10
Hi,
Had very high expectations as this game claimes to be the best racing game ever.
Just because of this I bought a PS4 + Fanatec 911GT2RSV2 wheel + PC Limited edition
(have 2x PS3+GT6+2 LogitechG27+Playseats already which I wanted to change to play Project Cars with friends)

BUT sorry to say - I am really disappointed - mainly and at first about the crazy steering (settings+deadzone+...)
which makes the whole game uninteresting.
To be honest - I think this is typically for "B to C" sales because when SMS / Namco would sell
this kind of product "B to B" then you would face a lot of court cases.

Remember very well the same issues with the SHIFT2 game on PS3 (which would have been a great game)
and recognised that Project Cars was created from the same software developer SMS....
Hope that (in contrast to SHIFT2) there will be a patch released soon which corrects all
problems and repairs the (meanwhile damaged) image on the market.
Hope dies at last!

Roger Prynne
05-06-2015, 23:27
^^^ So how come so many people are having a great time with pCARS then?
It just takes a bit of tweaking to get it to feel the way you want is all.

mister dog
05-06-2015, 23:30
Hi,
Had very high expectations as this game claimes to be the best racing game ever.
Just because of this I bought a PS4 + Fanatec 911GT2RSV2 wheel + PC Limited edition
(have 2x PS3+GT6+2 LogitechG27+Playseats already which I wanted to change to play Project Cars with friends)

BUT sorry to say - I am really disappointed - mainly and at first about the crazy steering (settings+deadzone+...)
which makes the whole game uninteresting.
To be honest - I think this is typically for "B to C" sales because when SMS / Namco would sell
this kind of product "B to B" then you would face a lot of court cases.

Remember very well the same issues with the SHIFT2 game on PS3 (which would have been a great game)
and recognised that Project Cars was created from the same software developer SMS....
Hope that (in contrast to SHIFT2) there will be a patch released soon which corrects all
problems and repairs the (meanwhile damaged) image on the market.
Hope dies at last!
If i'm not mistaken the GT2 wheel is bugged (I heard others complain it was unusable). Will be fixed in 1.4 and i can assure you if that makes it handle like my CSR does (which isn't that different from your wheel), you'll be in driving heaven.

Mascot
06-06-2015, 06:15

SMS have openly stated on many occasions that pCARS will continue to be supported long after launch with optional DLC (some free, some paid for).
Why on earth would you also want a subscription model?

GBRC.C7
06-06-2015, 07:30
*Originally Posted by*GBRC.C7*

Hoping by improved that these wheels will be fully supported, just wonder why the word FIXED wasn't used as it has been elsewhere !

Aside from that an impressive list of fixes and inprovements, very impressive all at SMS & partners

*Originally Posted by*Stephen Viljoen*

Someone also keeps asking about the Fanatec GT3 being 'improved' instead of 'fixed'. It would be hard to improve it if it wasn't fixed, so I thought it would be redundant to state it was fixed AND improved (which sounds like some cheap product marketing campaign). Just for you though - "Fixed several older Fanatec wheel problems, such as the GT2, GT3, and CSR, and improved their default implementation"*

Copied from the patch thread..

FULL support for gt2/3 wheels and other improvements (like the Club sport ones I guess).

@Lynx, So there you have it,

Olijke Poffer
06-06-2015, 07:46

I'm one of the many who likes the game. I have a great time with the game. Sure there are some bugs and online is a disaster atm but nevertheless a great race game.

gui78
06-06-2015, 07:57
Its always a question what you are doing in this game. Our League is 99% racing online. Then it is not so easy to say "we have a great time" with pCars. What i just wont to say is, its time to fix the problems finally, so that the racing leagues also have fun :frown-new:

oscarolim
06-06-2015, 09:24

Maybe because there's a community event opening on June 5th (yesterday) that requires a DLC car? I don't know about you, but my version of the game doesn't magically materialize cars out of thin bits on the cloud.

NoBrakes
06-06-2015, 10:16
rFACTOR 2 also

No Sir... You have a) a lifetime license (~85$) with all updates, content and online multiplayer included and b) a so called "standard" license (~44$) with all time offline use (plus updates, new content as long as I know) and 1 year of online subscription (that's multiplayer use) that could be renewed per year (12$ p.year) - check out over here: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase/ (hope it's o.k. to share that link to correct that wrong statement) ... so if you chose the lifetime you'll never have to pay again as long as ISI does rFactor2 ... if there would be some time a rF3, well that's another matter, but as rF2 ist still in public beta you may get a really long period with that lifetime fee (as it means the lifecycle of rF2) ;)

Edit: And as far as I know the only (sim-)racing game you have to pay to play is iRacing (not mentioning the browser or tablet like crap racing titles ;)) and I really hope pCARS / SMS will never choose this path ...

Olijke Poffer
06-06-2015, 10:24
Its always a question what you are doing in this game. Our League is 99% racing online. Then it is not so easy to say "we have a great time" with pCars. What i just wont to say is, its time to fix the problems finally, so that the racing leagues also have fun :frown-new:

I feel your pain indeed... We just have to wait on the patch...

Beltoon
06-06-2015, 11:21
I feel your pain indeed... We just have to wait on the patch...

I doubt this patch will do anything for us. It will probably take months before they fix the XB1 version. Max. 8 players in a lobby is bullshit. People are already getting fed up wit this game... The physics are great but if the multiplayer lobby's don't get fixed people will jump ship when Forza 6 or Assetto Corsa is released.

Releasing this game on the XB1 is a terrible decision and SMS should feel bad.

nomen nescio
06-06-2015, 11:41
A belated and wel deserved Thank you very much to SMS!

ChrisK
06-06-2015, 13:26
Maybe because there's a community event opening on June 5th (yesterday) that requires a DLC car? I don't know about you, but my version of the game doesn't magically materialize cars out of thin bits on the cloud.

I have the dlc cars from my pre order and if I set up a lobby and choose the amg merc for example, which is a dlc car, and select all others to race on identical cars, then everyone in the lobby gets that car regardless of whether they have it or not.

giulianbu
06-06-2015, 13:55
you should give us a dlc for all this waiting patch and dlc and the past one month and career and unplayable : Mad:

SOCIALDISCO
06-06-2015, 13:57

There's already 4 pages of crap since my post, so i'm quoting myself here to (hopefully) get some feedback :onthego:

:frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new:

Arislaf
06-06-2015, 14:01

Well, sorry. I can not adjust the AI to lose speed and grip when off road, it will not be fixed on this patch, and patient is running low. I regret getting this game.

mister dog
06-06-2015, 14:03
Mister glass half full says to me; Ian's statement was 'a couple of weeks', which with a bit of luck is 2 weeks, and as he said it in the beginning of this week, the patch might arrive next week! (at least for PC).

Who's jumping on my hype train? And if we crash miserably at least i won't be alone :)

MABlosfeld
06-06-2015, 14:12
I don't think SMS is likely to update pCARS for the length of an average human lifetime, but I reckon that you can play the game for the full duration of your's.

yes I know
I'm just commenting on system updates and patches on rfactor

MABlosfeld
06-06-2015, 14:15
SMS have openly stated on many occasions that pCARS will continue to be supported long after launch with optional DLC (some free, some paid for).
Why on earth would you also want a subscription model?

I'm just commenting on system updates and patches on rfactor

MABlosfeld
06-06-2015, 14:25
No Sir... You have a) a lifetime license (~85$) with all updates, content and online multiplayer included and b) a so called "standard" license (~44$) with all time offline use (plus updates, new content as long as I know) and 1 year of online subscription (that's multiplayer use) that could be renewed per year (12$ p.year) - check out over here: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase/ (hope it's o.k. to share that link to correct that wrong statement) ... so if you chose the lifetime you'll never have to pay again as long as ISI does rFactor2 ... if there would be some time a rF3, well that's another matter, but as rF2 ist still in public beta you may get a really long period with that lifetime fee (as it means the lifecycle of rF2) ;)

Edit: And as far as I know the only (sim-)racing game you have to pay to play is iRacing (not mentioning the browser or tablet like crap racing titles ;)) and I really hope pCARS / SMS will never choose this path ...

I have rfactor 2
I did standard subscription
I can play online for 1 year
for one year will receive all updates and corrections
after 1 year can continue to play offline without receiving updates and fixes
I'm not wanting to do the same pcars
I said just because it's interesting system patches and updates rfactor

MABlosfeld
06-06-2015, 14:43
I have a few games installed on pc:
-rfactor 2
-r3e
-pcars
-assetto Corsa
-stock car
-simraceway
-iracing (played for three months but loved the MULTIPLAYER system)

all are great simulators have different qualities and problems
my review of the payment system in rfactor is only instructive.

mister dog
06-06-2015, 14:56
@MABlosfeld, please don't quadruple post (or triple or double, better use the edit button). http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6666.gif

MABlosfeld
06-06-2015, 15:44
I did not do what you are saying I replied to each one individually and posted a new message
but give next time I will be more careful
thanks for the info

Roger Prynne
06-06-2015, 15:45
No he means put all the Quotes and Answers in one post.

Frog T
06-06-2015, 17:03
I divorced about 16 years ago. I sort of miss it.

I will be joining you soon if I spend anymore time trying to get this bloody game to work. Give us back the tx settings from patch 1.2 because they worked! Please...

vglnte102
06-06-2015, 17:09
Wow. That's alot of stuff

Benja190782
06-06-2015, 20:40
I'm so excited to see how the FFB feels on my TX wheel after this 1.4 Patch!

God I hope it's like on the PC version..

morpwr
06-06-2015, 22:34

You can tweak all you want. If the centering spring is turned on in the game it still wont feel right.So those of us with t 300 wheels yeah not so much fun.Dont get me wrong I really want to like this game and think it has great possibility.But something so important for the approved wheel shouldn't have been missed.Issues with game play I could live with until they got straightened out.I actually tried it again last night and after 2 tracks I gave up until the fix comes out.Zero feel in corners equals zero fun in a racing sim and yes I have tried numerous setups including jacks.If the update fixes the wheel issues I think this will set the standard others follow but as is I wont play it again.

deminion
07-06-2015, 10:11
release date formpatch please

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 10:45
release date formpatch please

About 2 weeks

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:32
About 2 weeks

Let's call it week and a half now. But please don't shoot me if an issue pops up.

We thought we had it ready earlier and the QA guys found a crash which put us back a few days initially

morpwr
07-06-2015, 11:41
Let's call it week and a half now. But please don't shoot me if an issue pops up.

We thought we had it ready earlier and the QA guys found a crash which put us back a few days initially

Youre killing me .I was hoping for Hey guys its gonna be out tuesday.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:47

The worst thing that could happen is if it goes out without proper testing and we make something worse.

Tone Marley
07-06-2015, 11:55

Its so refreshing to see people from the actual studio posting with the community. Usually its some community manager who has no idea of whats really going on in the development process. I tip my hat to you guys for working with the community so directly.

That being said; It would be great if the force feedback settings (both general and per car) had better descriptions (in plain english) as to what each setting actually does. I am a simple man.. not an engineer and half of these terms are completely lost on me as to what they actually affect; if they have any description at all.

Ive been using Jack's setup page which has really helped... but it would be great if any of it made any sense...lol

Still, thank you for the updates and cant wait for the next patch for the wheel!

Playing on xbox one with the thrustmaster tx wheel

C6ckneyGeezer
07-06-2015, 12:01

Cheers for the heads up Ian. Nice to get a heads up of whats going on.

FMS
07-06-2015, 12:02

Sing those patchy blues, chap. :) Just messin'.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 12:02
Its so refreshing to see people from the actual studio posting with the community. Usually its some community manager who has no idea of whats really going on in the development process. I tip my hat to you guys for working with the community so directly.

That being said; It would be great if the force feedback settings (both general and per car) had better descriptions (in plain english) as to what each setting actually does. I am a simple man.. not an engineer and half of these terms are completely lost on me as to what they actually affect; if they have any description at all.

Ive been using Jack's setup page which has really helped... but it would be great if any of it made any sense...lol

Still, thank you for the updates and cant wait for the next patch for the wheel!

Playing on xbox one with the thrustmaster tx wheel

I don't think it will ever be more simpler than this.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=958100&viewfull=1#post958100

Tone Marley
07-06-2015, 12:04
I don't think it will ever be more simpler than this.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=958100&viewfull=1#post958100

wow thanks...havnt seen that post! that helps a lot... mind you I was talking about in the game menus... but this will certainly suffice... thanks again :)

morpwr
07-06-2015, 12:06
The worst thing that could happen is if it goes out without proper testing and we make something worse.

Yes i get that at this point. But trying to be patient waiting for six weeks to play this is getting tough....yes i have a t300 so im stuck waiting for the patch.I know you guys are doing the best you can at this point so i hope it gets through sony faster than expected.Great game by the way other than the wheel issues.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 12:11
wow thanks...havnt seen that post! that helps a lot... mind you I was talking about in the game menus... but this will certainly suffice... thanks again :)
Have a look at this as well....

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 13:26
Yes i get that at this point. But trying to be patient waiting for six weeks to play this is getting tough....yes i have a t300 so im stuck waiting for the patch.I know you guys are doing the best you can at this point so i hope it gets through sony faster than expected.Great game by the way other than the wheel issues.

What platform are you on?

Ignore, just saw Sony.

ahhyeaa
07-06-2015, 14:00
Will AI pit due to tire wear instead of riding around on their rims when using accelerated tire wear?

rams1de
07-06-2015, 14:08

Thanks, that is the most fulsome explanation of settings that I've read. However, it still contains a lot of jargon that is beyond my understanding and I'd guess a lot of others too.

Will those descriptions be added to the game?

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 14:11
Will those descriptions be added to the game?
Sorry I have no idea.

morpwr
07-06-2015, 14:37
Sing those patchy blues, chap. :) Just messin'.

Nice lol

morpwr
07-06-2015, 14:54
Somehow I get the feeling the patch will come out about the same time as e3 starts......nda maybe?hmmmm

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 15:41
Somehow I get the feeling the patch will come out about the same time as e3 starts......nda maybe?hmmmm

Yup, I can see the marketing already.

pCARS fix their crap for E3!

cyberfred
07-06-2015, 15:49
any ETA for this patch ?
the game is very good , but now , we really need patch 1.4 , plz release it this week.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 15:51
any ETA for this patch ?
the game is very good , but now , we really need patch 1.4 , plz release it this week.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=972394&viewfull=1#post972394

Please read at least a little bit of the last few posts.

Robert Gerke
07-06-2015, 16:17
Sorry if I ask so simple, you have an idea when about the patch for PC are expected?

For days or weeks? :)

FMS
07-06-2015, 16:20
Though many, morpwr, whistle the allegretto from Beethoven's 7th symphony. (A comment for the sharp-eared) :)

morpwr
07-06-2015, 16:22

That wasn't exactly what I meant lol

Blvd69
07-06-2015, 16:38
glad i dont need it.

morpwr
07-06-2015, 17:01

See you haven't lost your sense of humor

Traummann
07-06-2015, 17:27
the QA guys found a crash which put us back a few days initially

omg **** QA testers :frown-new:
just kidding.

Thanks for the info

cyberfred
07-06-2015, 18:28
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=972394&viewfull=1#post972394

Please read at least a little bit of the last few posts.

ok sry :(
I hope it will not be so long now.

Roodogg
07-06-2015, 18:38
A major problem for me is that the AI, although very good, never crash or spin out. I do see them sometimes run wide (although they skip over the gravel way faster. Than me!) should there not be a rule where one in a thousand times, an AI brakes way too late, or spins out after hitting a wet curb?? Would be nice to not be the only car on the track having to catch up from making a human like mistake...

spinkick
07-06-2015, 19:05
A major problem for me is that the AI, although very good, never crash or spin out. I do see them sometimes run wide (although they skip over the gravel way faster. Than me!) should there not be a rule where one in a thousand times, an AI brakes way too late, or spins out after hitting a wet curb?? Would be nice to not be the only car on the track having to catch up from making a human like mistake...

Its in the AI thread, and also in the new feature request thread

Gausor
07-06-2015, 19:55
All together now! :D

https://youtu.be/uMyCa35_mOg

turbobeat
07-06-2015, 22:03
Thank you for your reply!
I cross my fingers that the patch will solve the issues.
Bought the GT2 as on the Fanatec page this wheel was approved for PS4 and Pcars...
Is your CSR working without any troubles like deadzone, slow reaction and strange steering behaviour in general?
Maybe my settings on the wheel and separately in the game are wrong as well?

tclancey
07-06-2015, 22:13
Jees! People, this is a game that's been built with players help, it needs players to continue it's development, find the problems and resolve issues. Don't get fed up with it, be part of it!

SOCIALDISCO
08-06-2015, 00:14

:frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new:

Useless forum
:mad:

nhraracer
08-06-2015, 00:29
Useless forum
:mad:

Jeepers!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29575-SMS-Can-We-Use-Our-DS4-At-The-Same-Time-As-Our-Wheels-Please

Aldo Zampatti
08-06-2015, 01:17
We do have a search function...

Thanks Doug BTW :)

ProjectCARSFiend
08-06-2015, 02:07
You guys got any more of an idea when patch 1.4 is likely to be released? I'm just really looking forward to this patch, and I hate having no release info.

transfix
08-06-2015, 02:20
I don't want to start a new thread for this but I would really love to see an option to increase the size of the lap time box. I've hit the wall at least a dozen times trying to read my sector times and I have a 65" screen LOL.

Maybe even a PCars companion app that allows those features?

FoxMulder
08-06-2015, 02:20
june 16th

ProjectCARSFiend
08-06-2015, 03:15
june 16th

That a definite?

Aldo Zampatti
08-06-2015, 03:43
That a definite?

june 16th

I think that was a guess.
No official statement has been made in regards of the date yet. But keep this thread subscribed, as you'll probably read it first here.

pioneer1985
08-06-2015, 06:10
Has the patch fixed the specific issue of no force feed back or vibration being sent to the wheel when going dead straight. This is for the T100 not sure if this effects other wheels.

Follialucida1908
08-06-2015, 06:36
I don't want to start a new thread for this but I would really love to see an option to increase the size of the lap time box. I've hit the wall at least a dozen times trying to read my sector times and I have a 65" screen LOL.

Maybe even a PCars companion app that allows those features?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29168-UI-Scaling-Feature

SOCIALDISCO
08-06-2015, 09:58
We do have a useless search function...

Thanks Doug BTW :)

I fixed it for you

Am i able to express my insatisfaction after trying to get a simple yes or no as an answer, or will i get another infraction warning?

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 10:03
I fixed it for you

See my sig... and this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29251-What-Project-CARS-Need-To-Do-To-Improve-Their-Game!&p=962869&viewfull=1#post962869).

JKay15
08-06-2015, 11:57
So....? What's the latest peeps?
Has it been submitted? If so, how long have they had it and when do we think we're likely to get it?
Any further details of what's included in patch 1.4?

At this risk of sounded impatient, we've kind of been waiting a while now. I thought it was meant to drop last Friday?

Pink_650S
08-06-2015, 11:59
At this risk of sounded impatient, we've kind of been waiting a while now. I thought it was meant to drop last Friday?

Still no reason to create yet another thread about this matter...

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 11:59
just search the forum ... its all there http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes

Marrrfooo
08-06-2015, 12:00
A search of your thread title would have served you the goods:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes

Submitted last week - due in 2-3x weeks subject to Bandai and then Sony signoff.

MysterG
08-06-2015, 12:02
Merged.

JKay15
08-06-2015, 12:04
A search of your thread title would have served you the goods:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes

Submitted last week - due in 2-3x weeks subject to Bandai and then Sony signoff.

Why thank you my good man!

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 12:20
So I've read somewhere on this forum that Ian said there was a "NDA" in Patch 1.4, so where or what is it?

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 12:22
Non Disclosure Agreement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 12:23
So I've read somewhere on this forum that Ian said there was a "NDA" in Patch 1.4, so where or what is it?

NDA means "Non-disclosure agreement", that means the info is confidential. ;)

Edit: Ninja'd by the Outlaw.

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 12:37
I know it means, I just mean, Ian Bell announced something which was under a "NDA" would be implemented in Patch 1.4. But as it it announced, what is it? The Fanataced support?

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 12:38
NDA means "Non-disclosure agreement", that means the info is confidential. ;)

Edit: Ninja'd by the Outlaw.

So Bealdor, you mean it's still under NDA and the Patch notes are not completed yet?

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 12:41
So Bealdor, you mean it's still under NDA and the Patch notes are not completed yet?

Correct.

Pablo2008jedi
08-06-2015, 12:46
http://i.giphy.com/oT7ATDykMidsk.gif

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 12:51
Correct.

Give this man a medal, hero of the day. \0/ !
Well since Logitech has a booth at the E3 which is next week, and Patch 1.4 comes out in 2-3 weeks we can wait patiently and wait for the hype train.

mister dog
08-06-2015, 12:55
I know it means, I just mean, Ian Bell announced something which was under a "NDA" would be implemented in Patch 1.4. But as it it announced, what is it? The Fanataced support?

Logitech support probably.

RAVEracer
08-06-2015, 13:03
Gosh I must say, if it is Logitech support and my old DFGT is made compatible with the game at the same time as my new GT3 RS which I bought due to DFGT not being compatible... then... lol. Still, I have ended with a much nicer wheel :cool:

I hope it is Logitech support.

randomqwerty
08-06-2015, 13:11
So a week now and still no official word on when this alledged patch is coming out. Basically this was appeasement to angry customers who now can see what a bunch of rascal SMS really are.

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 13:15
So a week now and still no official word on when this alledged patch is coming out. Basically this was appeasement to angry customers who now can see what a bunch of rascal SMS really are.

Quoting this for the umpteenth time:

Sonny Crockett
08-06-2015, 13:15

Dont be so butthurt. Please. Read Ian Bell's reply (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=972394&viewfull=1#post972394)

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 14:19

All you had to do was type Patch 1.4 into the search and you would have had loads of results.

Sunday Racers
08-06-2015, 14:22
Those people complaining about the cars being magnetically attracted to each other during crashes should check this out from a GT4 race last weekend. It happens in real life too!

No serious injuries, amazingly http://youtu.be/4ZwRpZF8Wys

chig88
08-06-2015, 14:30
Gosh I must say, if it is Logitech support and my old DFGT is made compatible with the game at the same time as my new GT3 RS which I bought due to DFGT not being compatible... then... lol. Still, I have ended with a much nicer wheel :cool:

I hope it is Logitech support.

+1. I've now got a G27 sitting in a box and will be 'slightly miffed' if Logitech have got their arses in gear less than a month after I've bought a T300.

As you say though, I've ended up with a better wheel.

Rheumatic_Monkey
08-06-2015, 14:32
This is a pretty big patch and it's not just fixing an issue and launch to the public. The problem needs to be fixed, the game needs to be tested, then they might find more bugs caused by the fix/change in the code, and they need to find a solution for those bugs, fix them, then test again, fix even more, optimize, test again and again and so on... and again, this is not a simple patch, it is pretty big. People just need to be a little patient and understanding, at least they said they were working on a patch and acknowledged it won't fix all the problems but they will try to in the future. Huge companies like Ubisoft launches one patch, two if you're lucky, doesn't fix the game and they move on to do a sequel.

GBRC.C7
08-06-2015, 14:33
Oh, that must of hurt. Glad no serious injuries, nasty, nasty incident.
Tellingly the yellow car didn't seem to get on the brakes at all

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 14:44
Those people complaining about the cars being magnetically attracted to each other during crashes should check this out from a GT4 race last weekend. It happens in real life too!

Ah arse... I was looking for that exact vid myself earlier for an example.

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 14:46
This is a pretty big patch and it's not just fixing an issue and launch to the public. The problem needs to be fixed, the game needs to be tested, then they might find more bugs caused by the fix/change in the code, and they need to find a solution for those bugs, fix them, then test again, fix even more, optimize, test again and again and so on... and again, this is not a simple patch, it is pretty big. People just need to be a little patient and understanding, at least they said they were working on a patch and acknowledged it won't fix all the problems but they will try to in the future. Huge companies like Ubisoft launches one patch, two if you're lucky, doesn't fix the game and they move on to do a sequel.

The patch has been tested and is just waiting for Sony to approve.

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 14:49
The patch has been tested and is just waiting for Sony to approve.

So what about this then?

Correct.

LADY GEMMA JANE
08-06-2015, 14:51

WOW ouch!

KkDrummer
08-06-2015, 14:52
So what about this then?

When are these posts from?

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 14:55
Seems it would be easier to create a locked and stickied thread with the patch notes and meaningful updates. The thread has become littered with cry babies. Either that or let us know that page 1 will be updated with new info so I don't have to sift through all this noise to try to find an update.

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 14:58
So what about this then?

Take my word for it... It is with Sony... there's just some things missing from the patch notes to do with an NDA is all..

Most of the guys on here already know this.

Mascot
08-06-2015, 15:23
Surprised the tinfoil hat brigade haven't yet claimed that the patch delay is due to the Logitech NDA so that legacy support on PS4 doesn't get revealed before Logitech announce it at E3.

The dates do kinda synchronise nicely though...

Pirategenius
08-06-2015, 15:25
http://i.giphy.com/oT7ATDykMidsk.gif holy shit!!!! How no one was seriously injured is beyond belief. At least that vid might shut the whingers up about the magnet effect. But I doubt it will, as they will now moan about the non realistic damage of the cars as they don break up like that in game.

Before you all start saying the reason why they don't. I know the reason, it's the same as all other racing titles. The manufactures will not allow it.

Trooper117
08-06-2015, 15:29

Jesus H that was a big one... glad both are ok :)

morpwr
08-06-2015, 15:30
Surprised the tinfoil hat brigade haven't yet claimed that the patch delay is due to the Logitech NDA so that legacy support on PS4 doesn't get revealed before Logitech announce it at E3.

Actually I was thinking more support for their new wheel that isn't out yet.It would make sense and if that's the case it is what it is. You have lawyers involved that would get ugly fast.At this point all we can do is wait patiently....or at least try to.;)

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 15:34

haha nice one

KkDrummer
08-06-2015, 15:34
Take my word for it... It is with Sony... there's just some things missing from the patch notes to do with an NDA is all..

I hope it is with Microsoft as well!

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 16:22
Couple of pages back in this thread.

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 16:23
When are these posts from?

Couple of pages back in this thread.

lordymatsuo
08-06-2015, 16:24
Ian thanks for answering the PS4 dedicated server question but could you answer if we will get any improvements to online lobbies? The next 2 big questions being.

1. Friends able to join private lobbies via join session to save having to invite everyone
2. Password protect lobbies

Post is here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30029-PS4-Password-Lobbies-%28Or-Friends-able-to-Join-Private-lobbies-with-Join-Session-%29

Thanks in advance

Osnaat
08-06-2015, 16:26

So, any idea when the Patch Notes List will be 100% ? Say it's like 90% now?

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 16:41
So, any idea when the Patch Notes List will be 100% ? Say it's like 90% now?

I guess around E3 the NDA could be lifted. But that's really just a wild guess from me.

Chris Sercombe
08-06-2015, 17:19
This might get a laugh, so when is Patch 1.5 out, has it been sent to microsoft yet ?

Aletdownofstate
08-06-2015, 18:12
+1. I've now got a G27 sitting in a box and will be 'slightly miffed' if Logitech have got their arses in gear less than a month after I've bought a T300.

As you say though, I've ended up with a better wheel.

This. As good as the T300RS is though, I don't feel like I should have had to 'upgrade' (If you can call the T300RS pedals that...) from my DFGT. 250 was a lot to spend on a wheel I didn't really need.

danpinho
08-06-2015, 19:19
I've been reading some posts here. Mostly are ppl complaining about the patch release delay.
The day after you guys release the 1.04 ppl will start asking about 1.05. I don't bother anymore. C'mon just enjoy what you already have.
Congrats BTW for such patience and support giving to players community. I used to play a 6title game that just released the following note: "You have a new car!" and "Some minor bugs fixed".

BullWinkle
08-06-2015, 19:31
This might get a laugh, so when is Patch 1.5 out, has it been sent to microsoft yet ?

Pretty sure it was sent out along with patch 1.6, unfortunately,.. it was returned for insufficient postage.
;)

Chris Sercombe
08-06-2015, 20:12
Pretty sure it was sent out with along with patch 1.6, unfortunately,.. it was returned for insufficient postage.
;)

Ah dam shame ;)

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
08-06-2015, 20:44
Some Sugesstin from a Devloper ther 30years making Software
- Every Software has bugs this is Not the Problem when you Talk and give Always Informations to the Customers and explain the Problems with Information updates!!

Its easy Open Information politic

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 20:47
Some Sugesstin from a Devloper ther 30years making Software
- Every Software has bugs this is Not the Problem when you Talk and give Always Informations to the Customers and explain the Problems with Information updates!!

Its easy Open Information politic

Are you implying that the devs are not communicative enough?

georgex
08-06-2015, 21:36
I want in the next patches if is possible more sensibility in the cars damage (maybe one more option in the config for the people who want this too) .
Because i set real-full damage (and an interesting fact, if you set Performance Impacting you have more car affecting than full damage, thanks Roger Prynne for clearing that ) in the options and the car takes too long to break, cars hit me, i hit the other cars... but my car doesn't broke enough, i want more sensibility in this because, with that, the races will be more seriously if the players take care of their cars trying not to break them crashing into everything.
Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Chris Sercombe
08-06-2015, 21:42
When i race with full damage on, i can crash in a wall at over 100mph three or 4 times and still drive away as normal, would love this fixed as well.

Linx
08-06-2015, 21:57
I wish Project Cars was like my phone apps. Every damn time I turn on my phone there's a few updates to be downloaded.

Rheumatic_Monkey
08-06-2015, 21:59
I think they can't set too much damage, the car's manufacturers don't allow it. They want their product to be portrayed as good as possible or they won't license them. If they were fictional cars maybe they could. Just a guess though.

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 22:19
I think they can't set too much damage, the car's manufacturers don't allow it. They want their product to be portrayed as good as possible or they won't license them. If they were fictional cars maybe they could. Just a guess though.

Even on the fictional cars in the game the damage model is lacking, hardly any side damage (mainly just scrapes), not to mention limited damage to the front and rear of the cars (the body wont get damaged enough to rub on the tires)

georgex
08-06-2015, 23:01
i'm happy to see you people like the idea, if you can please post a comment in this post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30194-Low-cars-damage because is an entry for PC - Technical Help & Support for that.

daddyboosive
09-06-2015, 06:38
This game is starting to do my head in now. This game was delayed to iron out bugs. God knows what it would of been like if it was released on time.

Jim sublime5446
09-06-2015, 07:23
I see that there still is no update to the leaderboard system for xbox one. When will we be getting a leaderboard for each class of vehicle? Gt3 and Gt4. FA, FB, FC etc?

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 07:38
DLC vs. Bugfixing discussion moved: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30354-DLC-vs-Bugfixing-Discussion-%28from-Patch-1-4-release-notes%29

IGX Nanni85
09-06-2015, 08:44
Complimenti gioco bellissimo anche se con piccoli problemi grazie per i miglioramenti che avete introdotto questo gioco 'e il massimo mai avuto su console per xb1 avremo le classifiche per ogni categoria? vi ringrazio anticipatamente!!

Elmo
09-06-2015, 08:45
Complimenti gioco bellissimo anche se con piccoli problemi grazie per i miglioramenti che avete introdotto questo gioco 'e il massimo mai avuto su console per xb1 avremo le classifiche per ogni categoria? vi ringrazio anticipatamente!!

Please stick to English in this forum.

Mascot
09-06-2015, 10:48

Google translated it for you:

Please to me much congratulate for game is happy place for drive auto. Me like sexytime and Ian Bell for make baby to!! Ambition are kiss hair fee head and close hold make thank for love game drive on motor car ambition. Wait I cannot for excite pants grow.

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 11:23
Google Translate can be very funny at times.

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 11:27

Please to me much congratulate for game is happy place for drive auto. Me like sexytime and Ian Bell for make baby to!! Ambition are kiss hair fee head and close hold make thank for love game drive on motor car ambition. Wait I cannot for excite pants grow.

Well, sounds like another satisfied customer. :cool:

FarChri
09-06-2015, 11:30

Perfect :glee:

pandzer
09-06-2015, 11:36
Wait I cannot for excite pants grow.

... made my Day! :D

Sik180sx
09-06-2015, 12:04
I can't wait,my pants also grow with excitement knowing the patch is almost here(wish it was here already) and as for the making babies part with Ian,well i'll decide after i get to play this game with a wheel hahaha :) so far i've got 4 maybe 5 hours gametime since may(mostly just drooling at the beauty of the tracks and cars in free practice) so looking forward to my 911 turbo s working so i can get the full pcars experience.

tmitch45
09-06-2015, 12:21
I know it mentioned updates for controllers does this include fixes for the T500? I played for 2hrs last night online and only completed 2 six lap races without wheel issues so it would be really great if this was addressed in the patch.

Sonic6L
09-06-2015, 12:43

ON A SERIOUS NOTE. He said:

Congratulations beautiful game but with little problems thanks to the improvements that have introduced this game 'and the most ever had on consoles xb1 we will have the rankings for each category? I thank you in advance !!

from Google Translate. What exactly he is saying, I am not sure.

Sik180sx
09-06-2015, 12:51
I liked the other google translate better

Sonic6L
09-06-2015, 13:25
I liked the other google translate better

You and everyone else probably will, but I figured to put THE REAL translation there too for him and be helpful.

Liam
09-06-2015, 13:54
Great stuff, any chance of allowing you to create a party so it's easier to play with friends as its annoying joining a game where people don't race!!! Thanks.

Neil Hopwood
09-06-2015, 13:59
Great stuff, any chance of allowing you to create a party so it's easier to play with friends as its annoying joining a game where people don't race!!! Thanks.

Was working fine the other day when I was running multiplayer.

RayH
09-06-2015, 14:01
Or soon will be if only Ian will oblige ;-)

RayH
09-06-2015, 14:07

Or soon will be if only Ian will oblige ;-)

cotijuba
09-06-2015, 14:13
PROJECT CARS ON DEMAND is our commitment to keeping Project CARS up-to-date with the greatest, freshest, and most critical content whilst also allowing players to pick and choose the cars & tracks they want - without being locked in to a pre-paid scheme.

Project CARS was built for the future from day one and with PROJECT CARS ON DEMAND racing fans around the world will be able to enjoy a continually growing and evolving experience throughout 2015 with continual free updates that improve and expand upon the original core game, free cars and vehicle liveries delivered at no extra charge, and additional content made available without the usual obligation to purchase a long-term season pass.
FEATURE UPDATES
Project CARS was created by the community and we’re committed to continuing that conversation with players to ensure it has the features and functionality expected by them throughout the year and beyond. At regular intervals therefore, all Project CARS players will receive a free game update that includes the following…

Fixes for the highest priority issues identified by the community
Improved balancing and defaults
Additional functionality and expanded support for existing features
Brand-new items that open up new possibilities within the game
Support for new hardware released

Already the community have been instrumental in giving us feedback on a few key Xbox One issues that were addressed in Update 1.3 and the next update (1.4) will soon be available addressing others like ghosting on PlayStation 4, improved frame rate on Xbox One, and more realistic AI behaviour in wet weather situations amongst many others.

More info and full details will be posted when it becomes available shortly so head over to our official forums and let your voice be heard on what further features and improvements you’d like to see!
FREE CARS
Each month, Project CARS players will also receive a free car. We started with a bang in May with the $3.4m hero car from the movie Furious 7 - the Lykan Hypersport - and players can expect delivery of the next very soon...

AaronWebb85
09-06-2015, 16:03
Thank you for the updates!

Please work on getting fastest laps added to the results screen at end of race!

bjosim
09-06-2015, 17:20
My pants almost exploded with excitement from that "Google Translate" post! Great stuff. :D

Hellinator
09-06-2015, 17:33
***** I noticed there is no Fix for cars falling from the sky at Race Grid line up... and Something that concerns me most is - Why is there no online profile save ?

******** I re-installed Windows and all my Onine stats where gone " I'm not talking about the Achivements ".

********** Another thing that happend to me 4-5 times is Winning a Race and then get placed 2nd or 3rd due to getting passed on victory lap.

************ Sometimes when joining a session I get thrown to Bumper View and can't switch views till i leave session and rejoin after 2-3 tries.

For the rest of the fixes great work and hope that the things i mentioned get attention and solutions not forgetting the online mode of saving stats progression.
Thankyou.

Frog T
09-06-2015, 17:34

Was the QA guy on holiday when 1.3 was released? haha

sammyv6s
09-06-2015, 18:07
It's quite hard to find any update on wether or note the patch has actually been released yet- am I correct in understanding 1.4 has not yet rolled out to Xbox one?

Thanks!

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 18:12
It's quite hard to find any update on wether or note the patch has actually been released yet- am I correct in understanding 1.4 has not yet rolled out to Xbox one?

Thanks!

It's in the certification process at Sony/MS right now. Planned (read: not guarantied) release should be sometime next week.

leelaa15
09-06-2015, 18:22
It's in the certification process at Sony/MS right now. Planned (read: not guarantied) release should be sometime next week.

What about pc? Isn't the process meant to be quicker on pc?

sammyv6s
09-06-2015, 18:40

Thanks!

JimBowL_
09-06-2015, 18:46
I haven't yet to get DLC on PS4 USA.. Anyone have it or when does it release?

cyberfred
09-06-2015, 19:04

any information on PC release ?
any chance this week ?

cyberfred
09-06-2015, 19:04
I love this game but I can't wait for the 1.4 Patch :D

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 19:11
any information on PC release ?
any chance this week ?

There are some improvements/additions in this patch that are still under NDA. That's why I think us PC users won't get the patch earlier than the console guys.

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 19:11
double post

mister dog
09-06-2015, 19:13
There are some improvements/additions in this patch that are still under NDA. That's why I think us PC users won't get the patch earlier than the console guys.
Strange, i was almost sure the NDA thing was Logitech support on consoles. Seems like it isn't then (as they work on PC already) :)

JimBowL_
09-06-2015, 19:15
Does anyone know when DLC is dropping for U.S. on ps4.

mjemec11
09-06-2015, 19:31
Does anyone know how long it took Microsoft to publish the 1.3 patch after SMS delivered it to them?

TrevorAustin
09-06-2015, 19:32

Im fairly sure i got a nice concise reply from Ian when i asked if any of the console stuff would delay the pc patch.

To paraphrase it more simply it was "no" :) so things habe changed? Or i didn't ask the question in the right way, lol.

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 19:37
Im fairly sure i got a nice concise reply from Ian when i asked if any of the console stuff would delay the pc patch.

To paraphrase it more simply it was "no" :) so things habe changed? Or i didn't ask the question in the right way, lol.

Just to be clear: I don't know the reason why it gets delayed (if). That's why I wrote "I think". :)

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 19:37
double post

nhraracer
09-06-2015, 19:41

Probably when the ps store updates.

lordymatsuo
09-06-2015, 19:56

I think it should be out, im sure i just seen a post somehwere on here confirming it but cant find it to link you to it :(

lordymatsuo
09-06-2015, 19:56
double post remove, is there something up with forums tonight a few people above also had double posts

Ian Bell
09-06-2015, 20:08

It's still no :)

The patches are going out at different times.