PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 1.4 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4 and XB1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

mister dog
14-06-2015, 13:28
Pitting, tuning, setups
* Ensure that the AI always pit when they need to change tyres based on the weather conditions.
Not fixed i'm afraid, thanks to @scaff for the feedback:

Well this (from the M1 invitational) wasn't enough for the AI to pit for wets.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2mpnd39.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/110yltx.jpg

It was certainly enough for me to need to and drop from first to last.

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 13:55
Coming soon ... Probably tomorrow

Cue tomorrow morning at 7:30 am post.

"att ian bell where's the patch you promised us today, its late again"

luke2406
14-06-2015, 14:25
Ok guys,i,tried it three times now in different ways so this is number four:is something being done in the future about the lack off flags and penalties in career mode???
I think this is far more important for gameplay than a stupid pitcrew!
Sorry for the tone of my voice but to me and many others this is an important issue.i know this is not the right place to post this,but as i said i tried it three times elsewhere and all i got was that it was aknowlidged by the devs...
Maybe here i can get a clear answer please?
Positive or negative,i don't care...

Must be a big problem if you are not able to read.

I posted yesterday a lot of probs, but the whole discussion goes to the pit crew. Nobody here seems to be interessted in critics. For it seems this is a childish forum from fanboys for fanboys. So i knew i maybe get kicked cause im writing this now, but after my experience with the game (i played it 5 min ago) im just frustrated!

first start a server and UNHANDLED Trapped again.
The wheel settings ive done yesterday erased every time i restart the game. I can do it every time i start it doesnt matter no save!
CAM Bug is now 6 month old, nothing happened. shows up every 3rd time. Same with cant drive outa pits.
Sound Bug is already there, same 6 month knowing nothing happend.
Corner Cutting Bugs (you can cut some corners extremly without penelty is still there, same story knowing for month nothing happened!

So i see the list of knowing issues in this forum, not even 10% off them are solved.

And you guys wanna tell me this game is not 80, not 90, its 99,9% finished??? This is a joke! Think about any other software no one would defend such thing. I mean if my OS crashes in 10% of the time this was totaly unaxeptable, but in a game its ok?

What logic is that? Even terrible Games like Battlefield 4 are not so buggy if they are released. Bugs are ok and absolutly logical. But the issue with the unhandled trapped is not excusable. And if i see the way of arguments i can just cry.
Try to dx9 -x86, try to close any programm, try to kick all drivers, try to delete everything and install again....and so on.
This is not a Problem of the systems players have. This is a Problem of the software called Project CARS.

Again this Game is not finished. A Game that not runs without crashes cant be finished! This is pure logical. So please stop pushing the problems to the gamers, do youre work, and please stop argumenting like we do this for free. Its not for free the people who played the Game payed for it!

And at least my question from yesterday again. Why released this game now! Why not fixing the biggest issues that was knowing in Beta Phase, and release then? Autumn 2015 or Winter 2015 are realistic release dates. Cause it dont seem that this game was able to play before this time.

And think about what happened to kickstarter projects like this if we do the same shit or even worse than the big publishers. The idea of crowdfunding and community based games will die!

BDR Daz
14-06-2015, 14:43
Cue tomorrow morning at 7:30 am post.

"att ian bekl where's the patch you promised us today, its late again"

Haha no doubt ! people and patience cant go in the same sentence ...

PzR Slim
14-06-2015, 14:45

I posted yesterday a lot of probs, but the whole discussion goes to the pit crew. Nobody here seems to be interessted in critics. For it seems this is a childish forum from fanboys for fanboys. So i knew i maybe get kicked cause im writing this now, but after my experience with the game (i played it 5 min ago) im just frustrated!

The wheel settings ive done yesterday erased every time i restart the game. I can do it every time i start it doesnt matter no save!
CAM Bug is now 6 month old, nothing happened. shows up every 3rd time. Same with cant drive outa pits.
Corner Cutting Bugs (you can cut some corners extremly without penelty is still there, same story knowing for month nothing happened!

So i see the list of knowing issues in this forum, not even 10% off them are solved.

And you guys wanna tell me this game is not 80, not 90, its 99,9% finished??? This is a joke! Think about any other software no one would defend such thing. I mean if my OS crashes in 10% of the time this was totaly unaxeptable, but in a game its ok?

What logic is that? Even terrible Games like Battlefield 4 are not so buggy if they are released. Bugs are ok and absolutly logical. But the issue with the unhandled trapped is not excusable. And if i see the way of arguments i can just cry.
Try to dx9 -x86, try to close any programm, try to kick all drivers, try to delete everything and install again....and so on.
This is not a Problem of the systems players have. This is a Problem of the software called Project CARS.

Again this Game is not finished. A Game that not runs without crashes cant be finished! This is pure logical. So please stop pushing the problems to the gamers, do youre work, and please stop argumenting like we do this for free. Its not for free the people who played the Game payed for it!

And at least my question from yesterday again. Why released this game now! Why not fixing the biggest issues that was knowing in Beta Phase, and release then? Autumn 2015 or Winter 2015 are realistic release dates. Cause it dont seem that this game was able to play before this time.

And think about what happened to kickstarter projects like this if we do the same shit or even worse than the big publishers. The idea of crowdfunding and community based games will die!

I genuinely think I have a different game to some people. I don't understand how one person can suffer the wheel settings not saving bug when I've never experienced anything remotely like that. I've never not been able to drive out of the pits. The game has crashed once on me since release. I really don't understand it. I feel so sorry for the people who are having such problems but it's just not my experience.

BDR Daz
14-06-2015, 14:47
I genuinely think I have a different game to some people. I don't understand how one person can suffer the wheel settings not saving bug when I've never experienced anything remotely like that. I've never not been able to drive out of the pits. The game has crashed once on me since release. I really don't understand it. I feel so sorry for the people who are having such problems but it's just not my experience.

I agree ... which also makes the situation even more outstanding ...

StefB
14-06-2015, 14:54
"* The Default strategy will now correctly show the tyres that will be fitted on the player vehicle during a pit stop."

Really ? Could be better if the tyre selection in the pit stategy would be the same as the available tyres for the car in the setup.
This is not patched ?

- Real weather is available créating a multiplayer session ... but not working.

Konan
14-06-2015, 14:56
I'm happy for you guys... I do admit that (except for the lack of penalties and flags) the game works fine for me too.
So i AM happy with it and having a great time playing.
For me (and i know for a fact a lot of others)it's just less realistic to play the game,which is a sim-game by the way,when the flag and penalty system isn't working properly....

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 15:13

You don't learn do you. Yesterday you was told that things were being sorted. Now your back having a go.
I hope someone bans you and your I.P.

luke2406
14-06-2015, 15:20
You don't learn do you. Yesterday you was told that things were being sorted. Now your back having a go.

Thanks for showing me that im right with the things i say!

luke2406
14-06-2015, 15:24

and to say it loud and clear. you want that i get kicked for telling facts? sry but that hurts hardly in my stomach. im from germany and my family had hardly suffering in the past from people that thinks the same way you did. sorry but i have no other way to say it.

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 15:26
and to say it loud and clear. you want that i get kicked for telling facts? sry but that hurts hardly in my stomach. im from germany and my family had hardly suffering in the past from people that thinks the same way you did. sorry but i have no other way to say it.
, are you seriously trying to relate your game problems to nazi persecution of the jews?, quite honestly the most ridiculous and insulting thing I've ever seen put in writing

You should retract it

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 15:34

Are you for Real???????????
You went borderline fringe yesterday. After that comment you deserve to be banned permanently.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 15:34
@ luke2406..... you have been a WMD member since 19-07-2012, so why did you not bring these complaints to the Devs over at the WMD forums before now.
Also you have only one post over there made on the 08-06-2015 (3 yrs and one post).... but now you are shouting your mouth off here just to try and make yourself look like you are hard done by. Give it a rest will you.

luke2406
14-06-2015, 15:40
Are you for Real???????????
You went border fringe yesterday. After that comment you deserve to be banned permanently.

youre disrespect my arguments and punished me for what ive saying, and you dont get it??? you attacked me!! not im you!! so please explain me when somebody tell you that he has a problem and you listen and answer with a kick in his face! thats normal ?? thats your way to argue?? thats not nazi behaviour? what else is it? humanism? logical adult bahaviour? what??

luke2406
14-06-2015, 15:41
@ luke2406..... you have been a WMD member since 19-07-2012, so why did you not bring these complaints to the Devs over at the WMD forums before now.
Also you have only one post over there made on the 08-06-2015 (3 yrs and one post).... but now you are shouting your mouth off here just to try and make yourself look like you are hard done by.

explain me why i should say the devs what they already knew??? look in the bug reports of wmd!! the unhandled trapped is knowing for month!!!!!!!!!! and its reported from more than 100 people!!!!

Lars Rosenquist
14-06-2015, 15:42
Not fixed i'm afraid, thanks to @scaff for the feedback:

Ouch, patch was supposed to have fixed that. Is this the only occurrence we have seen so far, or can it be replicated consistently? (Haven't tried myself yet BTW)

luke2406
14-06-2015, 15:44
explain me why i should say the devs what they already knew??? look in the bug reports of wmd!! the unhandled trapped is knowing for month!!!!!!!!!! and its reported from more than 100 people!!!!

so im outa here. do what you want! dont try to think a second what you say, just kicked everybody in his ass for telling facts. and go one , everything is awesome!!!! im to old for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 15:45
Deleted content because it might get me banned.
Jeez this guy gets my back up.... takes a big breath and sighs.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 15:45
Luke2046 read roger's comment. And take his advice before you get banned.
People including Ian tried to assist you yesterday. Yet you still carry on like s spoilt child not getting his own way.
And to say your ight is like that of Germany 80 years ago is preposterous.

mkstatto
14-06-2015, 15:46
so im outa here. do what you want! dont try to think a second what you say, just kicked everybody in his ass for telling facts. and go one , everything is awesome!!!! im to old for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

Apparently to old for correct punctuation and grammar too.

Lars Rosenquist
14-06-2015, 15:46
youre disrespect my arguments and punished me for what ive saying, and you dont get it??? you attacked me!! not im you!! so please explain me when somebody tell you that he has a problem and you listen and answer with a kick in his face! thats normal ?? thats your way to argue?? thats not nazi behaviour? what else is it? humanism? logical adult bahaviour? what??If you're comparing an argument about issues with a software product you bought to a regime that committed genocide and several other atrocities, I think it's time to step away from the keyboard. Because that's an insane thing to post.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 15:54
Ouch, patch was supposed to have fixed that. Is this the only occurrence we have seen so far, or can it be replicated consistently? (Haven't tried myself yet BTW)
Saw a couple of others posting the same thing, seems like this is still the same issue as before 1.4. Haven't tried it out myself yet neither but the folks posting this are credible enough for me not to bother making the effort, and then having another career race literally going down the drain.

If you're comparing an argument about issues with a software product you bought to a regime that committed genocide and several other atrocities, I think it's time to step away from the keyboard. Because that's an insane thing to post.
I think he meant the Stasi, which doesn't make it right of course. I can understand people are frustrated (i'm getting a bit frustrated myself now), but like Fanapryde says in his sig; please engage brain before putting mouth in gear.

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 15:56
Saw a couple of others posting the same thing, seems like this is still the same issue as before 1.4. Haven't tried it out myself yet neither but the folks posting this are credible enough for me not to bother making the effort, and then having another career race literally going down the drain.

I think he meant the Stasi, which doesn't make it right of course. I can understand people are frustrated (i'm getting a bit frustrated myself now), but like Fanapryde says in his sig; please engage brain before putting mouth in gear.

Well you might have been right, but then he actually mentioned the nazis too :)

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:01
Apparently to old for correct punctuation and grammar too.

By all means have a go at him for what he says, but don't have a go at him about grammar. English is not his native language.

Can't believe I'm defending a borderline fringe.

mkstatto
14-06-2015, 16:04
By all means have a go at him for what he says, but don't have a go at him about grammar. English is not his native language.

Can't believe I'm defending a borderline fringe.

Using capital letters when your German is basically exactly the same as its use in English.

Umer Ahmad
14-06-2015, 16:05
Lets get back to the patch disucssion. I will review the previous posts to determine if any disciplanary actions are needed. Move forward now please

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:09
True, but he's probably 14/15yrs old and like the kids I teach. They have not concept of how grammar is used properly. I blame texting; and the fact we don't teach grammar in English lessons anymore.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:12
Lets get back to the patch disucssion. I will review the previous posts to determine if any disciplanary actions are needed. Move forward now please

Okay then.

When will the AI actually get sorted for wet conditions. Or are they starting races on wets?
Will we ever be able to see what the AI choose as tires in career mode. That way we can take the same strategy to counteract them. So we don't go from 1st to last because we had to pit.

That's back on topic I believe.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 16:16
When will the AI actually get sorted for wet conditions. Or are they starting races on wets?

Bug is when they need to change to wets when it starts raining. When it's a wet race from the beginning they are a couple of seconds faster, but that wasn't supposed to be addressed yet unlike the first bug.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:22
I was on about a race that starts dry and becomes wet. They still do not pit for wets and are 4-5 seconds quicker on slicks than I am.
Do they start on wets knowing it will rain? Or are they still on slicks and the bugs not been fixed?

In career mode the weather report needs to be more informed I feel.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 16:25
I was on about a race that starts dry and becomes wet. They still do not pit for wets and are 4-5 seconds quicker on slicks than I am.
Do they start on wets knowing it will rain? Or are they still on slicks and the bugs not been fixed?

In career mode the weather report needs to be more informed I feel.
They start on slicks just like you, but are able to drive on without any problem when it starts raining. They have a simplified tyre model so that needed to be adjusted to make them way slower if they drive onwards when it rains, and they had to pit for wets like you would do as a player. But that isn't happening it seems.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:28
It's not at the moment. I do believe they will get a good balance within 2-3 patches. The other option is drop frame rate to 45ish and use the processing power to give AI same tyre model.

PzR Slim
14-06-2015, 16:33
My big worry is that different people seem to be seeing different issues whereas some don't see many at all. Not sure how you go about solving such problems.

Konan
14-06-2015, 16:39
That's what i was thinking:the issues that me and a couple of others have could be unexsisting for the most.So how are they going to fix it...or ARE they going to fix it???

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:40
My big worry is that different people seem to be seeing different issues whereas some don't see many at all. Not sure how you go about solving such problems.

Different problems on different platforms. But for a small company they are doing a great job. Would you see EA be this proactive? Or actually spend time on the forums answering questions and talking to people?
I knew what I was buying into when I ordered this game. It was never going to be 100% on release. But we would have playable sim.
Anyone who thought they was buying a comets game did not do any research about this product or did not understand the concept that SMS are doing. It is ground breaking. A game for the people by the people.

PzR Slim
14-06-2015, 16:44
Different problems on different platforms. But for a small company they are doing a great job. Would you see EA be this proactive? Or actually spend time on the forums answering questions and talking to people?
I knew what I was buying into when I ordered this game. It was never going to be 100% on release. But we would have playable sim.
Anyone who thought they was buying a comets game did not do any research about this product or did not understand the concept that SMS are doing. It is ground breaking. A game for the people by the people.

Look at my join date ;) I knew exactly what to expect and hope to make a tidy little profit from my involvement but I do worry that some of these bugs, I experience very few myself and none game breaking, are going to prove illusive and some fellow gamers may miss out on what is a phenomenal experience.

Lars Rosenquist
14-06-2015, 16:53
It's not at the moment. I do believe they will get a good balance within 2-3 patches. The other option is drop frame rate to 45ish and use the processing power to give AI same tyre model.Not going to happen I think. If I recall correctly, the tire model alone uses two full cores on console. Don't think you'll be able to pull off a full LeMans grid with all drivers at the same tire model (though it would obviously be awesome! :D).

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:56
Sorry. I did not see when you joined.
I know there are a lot of people that brought into this game. I for one was going to, but even I had my doubts and even cast my dispersions of it in several early videos posted on a well known video site. But after talking to several members from the middle of last year, decided that I was wrong, and this was a great concept. Unfortunately I was too late to join into the concept. That's why I now own all 3 formats.

Chris Sercombe
14-06-2015, 16:56
If your on xbox one or ps4, if one has the bug/problem everyone will have it, as everyone is exactly on the same hardware, its only on pc it might be a bug for one and not the other pc user, much harder to pinpoint and fix for a pc user, as there is so many variables.

PzR Slim
14-06-2015, 16:59
If your on xbox one or ps4, if one has the bug/problem everyone will have it, as everyone is exactly on the same hardware, its only on pc it might be a bug for one and not the other pc user, much harder to pinpoint and fix for a pc user, as there is so many variables.

I've got the game on all three platforms and I'm not experiencing some of the bugs others are reporting on the same platform.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:59
Sorry to burst your bubble. But I own all 3 formats. I have never had any of the Xbox problems. I also had none of the ghosting or other problems on PS4.
I have however had 50% of PC problems.

Your statement is flawed

snipeme77
14-06-2015, 17:02
Is the xbox one patch out yet?

PzR Slim
14-06-2015, 17:04
Is the xbox one patch out yet?

Is still with MS internal testing was the last I heard.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 17:04
There are specific bugs related to separate hardware like wheel specific bugs, or the unhandled exception one, but gameplay related bugs everyone should experience so that isn't too hard to generate.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 17:18
There are specific bugs related to separate hardware like wheel specific bugs, or the unhandled exception one, but gameplay related bugs everyone should experience so that isn't too hard to generate.

I could never replicate the ghosting issue on ps4, I tried it on 4 different makes of TV. Same with xbone I could never replicate any bug with that.
That is the problem they have with the consoles. Not everyone has these problems.

I swear some people make crap up just to start a conversation or get things changed with the game to their liking.

ChrisK
14-06-2015, 22:07

this is as tinfoil hat brigade worthy as the bloke making the nazi comment. seems both sides of the extreme need a good dose of logic and sanity.

you knew you were buying an incomplete game full of bugs on release ? really ? i mean...really ??? and you still bought it ? in that case have i got a great deal on a used delorean just for you ! if i'd known the game would have been this intensely flawed on general release i wouldn't have bought it. this has played out like a classic beta version from the beginning.

SMS released a game that's seriously flawed and charged full price for it on general release. if, as you claim, the customer needed to grin and bear the bugs from release date and it wasn't supposed to be working properly from release date then they should have advertised it as such. to suggest that its the customers responsibility to research the origins and idiosyncrasies of a general release game is utter nonsense. this isn't some indi title, specialist boutique limited release. its a mass market, general release to the entire market.

as far as i'm concerned, the 1.4 patch makes the game bearable, prior to that it was a kick in the nuts. i couldnt even use my wheel with it cos of the bugs. fancy that a wheel advertised to work on ps4, advertised to work on Pcars and it was virtually unusable. lol its still massively flawed. settings changing constantly and not saving, HUD not saving, regular online server room crashes, locked cameras etc. these are not options that are missing or features on our wish list, they are significant bugs. i could care less about all the updates to visuals and great new features and DLC of the game to be quite honest. i just want what i paid for. a game that works. that's it. im not asking alot.

let me explain something to you about the market and the relationship between buyers and sellers. company makes product, customer enters into agreement with company for recommended retail price and pays for that product. we did not get it for free. the over compensation of thank you's to the devs has reached a point where i dry heave every time i read one of those posts. we PAID for this game remember. i cant think of any other product ive ever bought or read about where when it doesn't work correctly, so many people trip over themselves to defend it like it was their first born.

the devs certainly don't deserve the abuse and the hysterics from some members and i applaud their innovation in development. i hope they all get fiulthy rich out of it IF the game works right. but seriously, the sycophants have become as frustrating and tiresome as the damn trolls.

PM me about that delorean...seriously...its awesome. trust me.

PzR Slim
14-06-2015, 22:22
this is as tinfoil hat brigade worthy as the bloke making the nazi comment. seems both sides of the extreme need a good dose of logic and sanity.

you knew you were buying an incomplete game full of bugs on release ? really ? i mean...really ??? and you still bought it ? in that case have i got a great deal on a used delorean just for you ! if i'd known the game would have been this intensely flawed on general release i wouldn't have bought it. this has played out like a classic beta version from the beginning.

SMS released a game that's seriously flawed and charged full price for it on general release. if, as you claim, the customer needed to grin and bear the bugs from release date and it wasn't supposed to be working properly from release date then they should have advertised it as such. to suggest that its the customers responsibility to research the origins and idiosyncrasies of a general release game is utter nonsense. this isn't some indi title, specialist boutique limited release. its a mass market, general release to the entire market.

as far as i'm concerned, the 1.4 patch makes the game bearable, prior to that it was a kick in the nuts. i couldnt even use my wheel with it cos of the bugs. fancy that a wheel advertised to work on ps4, advertised to work on Pcars and it was virtually unusable. lol its still massively flawed. settings changing constantly and not saving, HUD not saving, regular online server room crashes, locked cameras etc. these are not options that are missing or features on our wish list, they are significant bugs. i could care less about all the updates to visuals and great new features and DLC of the game to be quite honest. i just want what i paid for. a game that works. that's it. im not asking alot.

let me explain something to you about the market and the relationship between buyers and sellers. company makes product, customer enters into agreement with company for recommended retail price and pays for that product. we did not get it for free. the over compensation of thank you's to the devs has reached a point where i dry heave every time i read one of those posts. we PAID for this game remember. i cant think of any other product ive ever bought or read about where when it doesn't work correctly, so many people trip over themselves to defend it like it was their first born.

the devs certainly don't deserve the abuse and the hysterics from some members and i applaud their innovation in development. i hope they all get fiulthy rich out of it IF the game works right. but seriously, the sycophants have become as frustrating and tiresome as the damn trolls.

PM me about that delorean...seriously...its awesome. trust me.

You would be right if it wasn't for all the people, like me, who have very few problems with the game. I don't deny that a lot of people are encountering bugs but I know of a lot of people I game with on all three platforms that are experiencing only minor issues which are to be expected with any new complex software release. So yes you are having a terrible time with the game like many others but there are many, many people out there who have been luckier and are not experiencing these problems. I can't explain why it's the case but that maybe does explain how some of the bugs made it through QA. No matter how much game testing is done it can't come close to what it's like when the game is out into the wild. So maybe a lot of these issues, particularly on console, just were not spotted in internal testing. Doesn't help your situation and I sympathise hugely but I just hope people like yourself don't give up because when this game works as intended as it does for me 99.9% of the time it's a truly wondrous experience.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 22:29
I can't explain why it's the case but that maybe does explain how some of the bugs made it through QA. No matter how much game testing is done it can't come close to what it's like when the game is out into the wild. So maybe a lot of these issues, particularly on console, just were not spotted in internal testing.
There are some pretty obvious bugs though, that would have been noticed when testing a particular scenario within the game for the first time. I agree it's almost impossible to catch every gremlin especially in a release of a game which is this grand and complex, but those general bugs that you are confronted with in the first hours of gameplay just shouldn't have been there.

beagea
14-06-2015, 22:39
Very, very well put ChrisK,

Solly
14-06-2015, 22:54
Hopefully the Patch will come soon enough. The game can only
get better with age.

Brian Coombes
14-06-2015, 23:19
I am positive that within six months or so PC will become the all time racing sim whether on PC or Console but looking around these forums all I can see from the majority people is "the empty can rattles the most" they just cannot see beyond what they want now or what they need now.

stux
14-06-2015, 23:39
It's not at the moment. I do believe they will get a good balance within 2-3 patches. The other option is drop frame rate to 45ish and use the processing power to give AI same tyre model.

Heh,

The frame rate already drops to 45 on xbox in the wet ;)

I suspect there still wouldn't be enough CPU power to outfit all AIs with the Seta tyre model, and anyway, the AIs don't need FFB etc, so it's a waste.

stux
14-06-2015, 23:41

I give them the slack because it is right there in the name

community assisted racing sim

nissan4ever
15-06-2015, 00:01
Heh,

The frame rate already drops to 45 on xbox in the wet ;)

I suspect there still wouldn't be enough CPU power to outfit all AIs with the Seta tyre model, and anyway, the AIs don't need FFB etc, so it's a waste.

This is from digital foundry doing a stress test on Xbox One & PS4 version in career. This would be from running on the day one patch. Not patch 1.3 (Xbox One) or patch 1.4.

https://youtu.be/tb4JIBaGBWU

I'm sure that's a full grid along with the rain for the stress test.

COL0STOMIZER
15-06-2015, 01:04
I surely do hope that 1.4 fixes the frame rate drops and sound lag for the Xbone, because I'm getting awfully tired of FM5 right about now...

Edit: You boys have got 90 days to fix this game on the Bone or no-one will ever play it on that console again. 450 cars, weather, day/night cycle and it will FUNCTION on the xbox one. Good luck, I hope you can get this game working!

nissan4ever
15-06-2015, 01:12
Well, I haven't touched my FM5 since I've gotten Project CARS. However, I'm definitely ready for the first taste of improved frame rate on Xbox One with patch 1.4.

Raven403
15-06-2015, 12:50
then be prepared to wait summore

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31004-MSFT-where-is-the-xbox-one-1-4/page27

FMS
15-06-2015, 13:46
@ChrisK

Integrity - commerce, chalk - cheese. :)

Luxman_
15-06-2015, 22:11
Update 1.4 PS4

I have the Fanatec CSW V2 and before de 1.4 Im very happy with ffb results with some adjusts, and never experienced issues on wheel.

after installing the update , the steering wheel was full of spring even when turned off on the steering wheel, with the car stoped was very light. I had to do a reset again and make some adjustments.

Fanatec CSP V2
1 after calibrating , stops working the pedals (L2 / R2 ) have to go out and voltrar into the game .

Fanatec CSW V2
1. turn off the steering wheel during the game and reconnecting gives a blue error and the game closes automatically.

2 - sometimes I race and play without ffd even accusing the telemetry I have to leave the room and re-enter .

3 - Sometimes when I put on pause or pit the wheel spins totaly for right.

Thank you, and keep the hard work.

MABlosfeld
15-06-2015, 23:09
Update 1.4 PS4

I have the Fanatec CSW V2 and before de 1.4 Im very happy with ffb results with some adjusts, and never experienced issues on wheel.

after installing the update , the steering wheel was full of spring even when turned off on the steering wheel, with the car stoped was very light. I had to do a reset again and make some adjustments.

Fanatec CSP V2
1 after calibrating , stops working the pedals (L2 / R2 ) have to go out and voltrar into the game .

Fanatec CSW V2
1. turn off the steering wheel during the game and reconnecting gives a blue error and the game closes automatically.

2 - sometimes I race and play without ffd even accusing the telemetry I have to leave the room and re-enter .

3 - Sometimes when I put on pause or pit the wheel spins totaly for right.

Thank you, and keep the hard work.

I'm having the same problems with my G27

Cialfi
15-06-2015, 23:34
No problems with the T500RS with all rims. Just to make the most common wheels complete with g27, T500RS and Fanatec CS´s

F1Aussie
16-06-2015, 01:01
No prob with g27 here so far

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
16-06-2015, 08:19
when you look what is fixes then you now why it dosent work from ps4 Problems only 2 things fixed

Bealdor
17-06-2015, 13:28
Thread title updated.

rocket951
17-06-2015, 13:56
Awesome! Now that I've replaced my XB1 with a new PC for playing Project CARS though I won't be looking back.

sammyv6s
17-06-2015, 15:12
Hi Guys

Perhaps a silly question, but how do I tell the 1.4 patch has been installed on my xbox 1?
I don't have the * indicating an update has been applied. Total install size is 18.7 GB

Thanks!

SilkiestOcean7
17-06-2015, 15:16
I have been playing this game since day one... like many people had only a few races to complete ... was awaiting update 1.4 to do the RUF races to complete everything...

Update came out today... and when I started the game it said "game file corrupt". "Your saved game file will be over written - start a new game." YIKES!

This is really frustrating... Is there any way to get back my saved game file? Help please...

MantillaFaun
17-06-2015, 15:23
Finally :) Thank you MS that it's finally available on XB1. Hope massive improvements on pit stop (strategy, not crew!) incoming soon :)

Keep up the good work!

Pink_650S
17-06-2015, 16:30
Finally :) Thank you MS that it's finally available on XB1. Hope massive improvements on pit stop (strategy, not crew!) incoming soon :)

Keep up the good work!

I really hope for this too :)

SQS
17-06-2015, 17:42
What has this patch done to my wheel. I have the Thrustmaster Tx, and now it jinks violently when I'm going around a corner. It is unplayable like this.

PzR Slim
17-06-2015, 17:58
What has this patch done to my wheel. I have the Thrustmaster Tx, and now it jinks violently when I'm going around a corner. It is unplayable like this.

I've got the same wheel and don't experience this. Have you done a power down reset of your console? Have you then reset the wheel in the options and recalibrated steering and pedals and remapped your buttons. After doing that I didn't need to alter the individual ffb settings in the controls menu.

Nestoche
18-06-2015, 06:47
How do you like the TX wheel? I'm thinking of getting the TM TX wheel to use on the PC. I don't have an Xboxone so I don't need it for the console. I can get it for $280. I would love to get the T300 but $400 is too much! I currently have the Fanatec CSR wheel with the clubsports pedals V1 and I'm wondering if the TX wheel is an upgrade from the CSR. The other reason I would love to have the TX is that I would love the option to upgrade to the F1 wheel later on.

Please if anyone can give me some feedback/reviews on the TX458 wheel vs the CSR wheel. I would much appreciated.

Thanks

I've got the same wheel and don't experience this. Have you done a power down reset of your console? Have you then reset the wheel in the options and recalibrated steering and pedals and remapped your buttons. After doing that I didn't need to alter the individual ffb settings in the controls menu.

FTW Leceur
18-06-2015, 09:22
Just quickly tested the patch in some solo races. Still has some tearing and frame drops sadly, but less than before.
The FF is MUUUUUUUUUUCH better! I have the Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel. I am fighting the cars (in a positive way) and feedback from the car and track (you can feel the bumps in the surface now) is spot on. Had to dial FF back from 100 -> 85
Well done TEAM!

mister dog
18-06-2015, 09:58
Just quickly tested the patch in some solo races. Still has some tearing and frame drops sadly, but less than before.
The FF is MUUUUUUUUUUCH better! I have the Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel. I am fighting the cars (in a positive way) and feedback from the car and track (you can feel the bumps in the surface now) is spot on. Had to dial FF back from 100 -> 85
Well done TEAM!
Indeed, big FFB improvements here also (CSR). Some cars i don't feel the need to tune the individual FFB settings anymore and just leave them on default, whilst before the patch i felt like i had to tune almost all of them that way.

crlowe
18-06-2015, 15:13
Bathurst pit box bug has not been fixed on XBOX ONE. Cones are gone but car will still not enter pits.

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
18-06-2015, 21:35
Hello guys!

First of all thanks to SMS the FFB is way better after the patch!!

But i don't see that someone write something about the big issue what i have on the game, maybe i'm the only one. :/

I drive with FormulaA cars on Monza a 1.23.xxx - 1.24.... in Timeattack mode and all feels pretty normal but if i drive on a quick race weekend i can't drive better then a 2.02.xxx and the car is really bad to handle, it feels like the car got no grip in turns! And that's huge it's a 40sec. different!!

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
18-06-2015, 21:39
And on my GT3 test on SPA its the same problem.. timeattack a 2.22.xxx and on the quick race weekend i can't drive better then a 2.41.xxx!! I really hope SMS and Ian Bell know that problem. That's why i post it here because i never heard that problem from anybody else. :/.. greetings Dom

Mark Bevan
19-06-2015, 06:00
It's probably a function of tyre temperature varying KiNGZWANGSJACKE:

'The tyres a pre-heated at different levels depending on the session you are in. For Free Practice, you start with cold tyres. Qualifying they are pre-warmed, Race session also pre-warms them. For Time Trial mode, the tyres are pre-warmed to 'optimum' temperatures, i.e. sets them up as though you've been lapping getting ready for the 'ultimate' lap. During a race rubber will also build up and so your fastest laps may end up better than Time Trial even though the track conditions haven't otherwise changed. Check the telemetry HUD to see the differences.'

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 06:51
And on my GT3 test on SPA its the same problem.. timeattack a 2.22.xxx and on the quick race weekend i can't drive better then a 2.41.xxx!! I really hope SMS and Ian Bell know that problem. That's why i post it here because i never heard that problem from anybody else. :/.. greetings Dom

Yes they know about it. It sounds like this issue:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25574-Um-is-this-a-HUGE-bug-or-intended-or-my-game-just-messed-up

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
19-06-2015, 08:51
Good morning..

Thank u very much guys for the answers!!

Yeah it's definitely the same problem as on the link what u post for me, cause the times and grip isn't better after 5-6laps for me... And i drive with full opponents too (35) on the tracks, like the other guy where got this problem!

Thanks again for the answers! Greetings Dom

ChrisK
19-06-2015, 11:51
5 multiplayer lobbies, 3 disconnecting crashes for me and at least 2 players per game disconnected. This game is now officially a bigger lemon than driveclub. Buggiest most unstable ps4 release titles of all time.

FIX IT.

Siberian Tiger
19-06-2015, 11:55
5 multiplayer lobbies, 3 disconnecting crashes for me and at least 2 players per game disconnected. This game is now officially a bigger lemon than driveclub. Buggiest most unstable ps4 release titles of all time.

FIX IT.

You're behaviour: FIX IT...

1. When a new Patch rolls out all Peoples has to be first on 1.4 to ensure more stability...
2. Yes pCars has some instabilty issues in MP atm, but it's not as bad as you Claim it...

oscarolim
19-06-2015, 12:29
1. When a new Patch rolls out all Peoples has to be first on 1.4 to ensure more stability...

No ideia how it is on PC (your platform), but on PS and Xbox you are forced to install the patch if you want to go online, so if he mention multiplayer, is a given that he is on the latest available patch (at the moment 1.4).

ChrisK
19-06-2015, 13:35
You're behaviour: FIX IT...

2. Yes pCars has some instabilty issues in MP atm, but it's not as bad as you Claim it...

Everyone has to be on 1.4 if it's online multiplayer. Perhaps next time consider keeping your mouth shut and only appearing a fool rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Ian Bell
19-06-2015, 14:34
Everyone has to be on 1.4 if it's online multiplayer. Perhaps next time consider keeping your mouth shut and only appearing a fool rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Infraction for abuse.

Please try harder Chris.

tedward
19-06-2015, 17:21
Ian is really good at telling people to stfu in a nice professional way. I'm not sure I could be so tactful with all these trolls. I'd hate to see how some of these "kids" acted when they were toddlers.

But I'm enjoying the game. Even with my cheap wheel and ghetto-rigged rig. Too bad I have grown up repsonsibitiles today. Le sigh.

transfix
19-06-2015, 18:43
Quick question with X1 Controller after patch 1.4. Steering feels very sensitive. Deadzone up to 18. Is there any other tweaks I need to make to compensate?

tedward
19-06-2015, 20:32
Quick question with X1 Controller after patch 1.4. Steering feels very sensitive. Deadzone up to 18. Is there any other tweaks I need to make to compensate?

You may have already tried this since this is an old post, but I still refer to it from time to time and I actually use a wheel. Some good info.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

ChrisK
19-06-2015, 22:58
Infraction for abuse.

Abuse ? From using an Abraham Lincoln quote perfectly context appropriate ? lol ok

Please try harder Chris.

The irony of this statement is quite striking.

transfix
20-06-2015, 00:39
You may have already tried this since this is an old post, but I still refer to it from time to time and I actually use a wheel. Some good info.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

I have used that in the past however it has only been since 1.4. 1.3 was fine but now the left/right on the joystick is twitchy.

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
20-06-2015, 07:41
I have used that in the past however it has only been since 1.4. 1.3 was fine but now the left/right on the joystick is twitchy.

The main thing for me before i use a wheel was..

I changed the controller FILTER sensitivity on 40-70 and then the left/right was way smoother!

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 07:44
Abuse ? From using an Abraham Lincoln quote perfectly context appropriate ? lol ok

The irony of this statement is quite striking.

Calling a moderator a fool won't wash here, ever.

I can say 'You're an ugly idiot', and accredit it to Winston Churchill, that doesn't make it OK.

ChrisK
20-06-2015, 09:55
He's a moderator ? Not that it makes a difference to me but I can't see that anywhere.

As for calling me an ugly idiot. Well...a bit hard for you to do that. It takes people at least a few minutes in person before they call me ugly.

Umer Ahmad
20-06-2015, 09:57
Orange Guys = Moderator
Blue Guys = SMS company guys
Yellow guys = WMD people (like beta testers)
Everyone else = Everyone else

Regardless, you cannot insult people here even if you quote Jesus/Moses/Mohammed/Buddha/Yoda

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 10:05
So on my Ps4 I have:
No surround sound.
Career level repeating/stuck, possibly need to restart anyway with patch.
Pit fix is comming, but whacking into things seems to be the norm.
Issues with saving stuff, sometimes random. Don't use the tune reset button?
A controller pad mode programme that is a mistery to all, and can be improved through PiD algorithm enhancments, if only SMS would open their door a little bit more?
Black screen to display interrupt needs better timing. The sound cutoff is ok and notifies the player of game progression.
Online play has poor self policing.
Player created games are very boring, unless you're lucky enough to be with equally skilled players. Tuning before racing is never good even if you are good at tuning. Does it save the tune?! Some qualifying is done with cold tyres!
Crash physics could be better, but I fear we've already maxed out the CPU's capabilities. Will we get any conformation on this???
Minute, tiny, itzy bitzy, micro pixel sized EVERTHING information related. ( I want HUD zoom at least.)
Forget the corner cutting, in a real race a little is possible, penalties should be fair, having a 3 second slow down in a Prototype ruins a race, just for putting a wheel on the grass, or crashing off slightly and losing speed anyway!!
And no checkered flag, come on, it's like having to buy a shopping bag.

That ain't enough to upset me. Most of its a workaround for me. But the other technical issues others are experiencing are being treated as a priority, all hands on deck?
One thing I am curious about is the patching, the game runs inside the CPU, it's fairly fast at screen loading, will the patches slow down the loading times??

Why is he bringing religion into it? If someone brought 911 into it, it may cause offence.
Don't be offended, there's nothing to see here, move along quietly........please go home. Ok you're obstructing here, I'm going to have to call my mom now! (You did?)
Is Starwars a religion now? Why put a list of lovely guys in your post, how is that insulting?
It's that main media again, playing with our perseptions, it's allowed by the self appointed leaders. In reality its the insulting one, all day long through the TV?
It seems if you insult the paradigm proported by the main media, it too can get you accused of insulting the weaker minded members of this site. I have a christian name, if someone talks or jokes about the Cathars or the Spanish Inquasition, I don't feel insulted. Despite the genercide of most intellegent women across Europe by hired psychopaths from the first pope. I'm desensitised to it all like a hardend fighter, I wounder how the main media is going to be seen through history?

Everyone else=grey?

I think what Chris is trying to get across, is that Jeremy Clarkson asulted and insulted some guy who didn't do their expected job, Jeremy found that insulting.
The guy had to spend hours of his time down A and E getting sympathy, he may have found it insulting?
Chris bought a game and spent hours of his time trying to get it to work. Sympathy works, answers work, patches that work, help to reduce the insulting effect some(alot) are experiencing. Having just 1 infraction will calm you down, don't be insulted by it, the moderators are volunteers and do their best, they can't help the monumental .... .. this next gen game has been. I have great faith and patience in general, if anyone can share it, this whole game and online experience could be much, much better. Regards-Mark.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 11:20
Calling a moderator a fool won't wash here, ever.

I quite agree. They're only products of thier environment, just like us all are.

Did you see what I did there? Impartial skills, don't take to heart?

I got away with insulting the developers once! Everyone gets one, as Spiderman says. lol

mister dog
20-06-2015, 11:37
So how is 1.5 coming along at the moment? :)

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 11:54
Orange Guys = Moderator

Regardless, you cannot insult people here even if you quote Jesus/Moses/Mohammed/Buddha/Yoda

We should make an exception for Yoda. I like that little green guy.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 11:56
So on my Ps4 I have:
No surround sound.
Career level repeating/stuck, possibly need to restart anyway with patch.
Pit fix is comming, but whacking into things seems to be the norm.
Issues with saving stuff, sometimes random. Don't use the tune reset button?
A controller pad mode programme that is a mistery to all, and can be improved through PiD algorithm enhancments, if only SMS would open their door a little bit more?
Black screen to display interrupt needs better timing. The sound cutoff is ok and notifies the player of game progression.
Online play has poor self policing.
Player created games are very boring, unless you're lucky enough to be with equally skilled players. Tuning before racing is never good even if you are good at tuning. Does it save the tune?! Some qualifying is done with cold tyres!
Crash physics could be better, but I fear we've already maxed out the CPU's capabilities. Will we get any conformation on this???
Minute, tiny, itzy bitzy, micro pixel sized EVERTHING information related. ( I want HUD zoom at least.)
Forget the corner cutting, in a real race a little is possible, penalties should be fair, having a 3 second slow down in a Prototype ruins a race, just for putting a wheel on the grass, or crashing off slightly and losing speed anyway!!
And no checkered flag, come on, it's like having to buy a shopping bag.

That ain't enough to upset me. Most of its a workaround for me. But the other technical issues others are experiencing are being treated as a priority, all hands on deck?
One thing I am curious about is the patching, the game runs inside the CPU, it's fairly fast at screen loading, will the patches slow down the loading times??

Why is he bringing religion into it? Must be his trump card or something! Lol
Some sort of 911 insultgate thing? Don't be offended, there's nothing to see here, move along quietly........please go home. Ok you're obstructing here, I'm going to have to call my mom now!
Is Starwars a religion now? Why put a list of lovely guys in your post, how is that insulting?
It's that main media again, playing with our perseptions, it's allowed by the self appointed leaders. In reality its the insulting one, all day long through the TV?

Everyone else=grey?

I think what Chris is trying to get across, is that Jeremy Clarkson asulted and insulted some guy who didn't do their expected job, Jeremy found that insulting.
The guy had to spend hours of his time down A and E getting sympathy, he may have found it insulting?
Chris bought a game and spent hours of his time trying to get it to work. Sympathy works, answers work, patches that work, help to reduce the insulting effect some(alot) are experiencing. Having just 1 infraction will calm you down, don't be insulted by it, the moderators are volunteers and do their best, they can't help the monumental .... .. this next gen game has been. I have great faith and patience in general, if anyone can share it, this whole game and online experience could be much, much better. Regards-Mark.

MULTIVITZ, infraction for abuse and you're very close to a ban. 9/11 is really off limits OK?

Jeremy Clarkson was saying some terrible things to many people. A very clear ban.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 12:37
Oh was he on here. Lol(JC)
I don't want to go the same way as him. But I have amended the offensive post, after a reread I could see where you were comming from. Sorry it was taken differently from my first intention. 911 was so long ago? I also got lied too. But I take peoples names as a name nothing more. Sorry if I offended anyone, thats all I can say.

I know its a fine line posting on here and what you say goes, but pleaes PM me if I step out the boundries, I should have known religion and politics was a no go area(I have read the rules)sorry I got carried away(again!).

transfix
20-06-2015, 19:11
The main thing for me before i use a wheel was..

I changed the controller FILTER sensitivity on 40-70 and then the left/right was way smoother!

Ok so I went back and checked my controller filter settings and for some reason it went down to 10. Increased it to 30 and all is great again.

Sankyo
20-06-2015, 19:21
Orange Guys = Moderator

Pro tip: look at the user title under the user name, too ;)

In this case the person was not a named moderator, but a long-term contributing WMD member and hence just as good as an official moderator.

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
20-06-2015, 22:39
Ok so I went back and checked my controller filter settings and for some reason it went down to 10. Increased it to 30 and all is great again.

Cool, than all is fine for u now ; )

ChrisK
21-06-2015, 23:22
So, on a serious note. When is the next patch coming out ?

May I also ask, why is it that the strategy seems to be focussed on releasing large patches which take ages to come and have more potential for introducing more issues. Would it not make more sense to make a number of smaller patches to fix obvious and increasingly frustrating bugs that ruin the game. Eg: driver thru penalties for no reason at start grid, pit stop strategies not being implemented, settings not being saved, the beeline into pits when low on fuel when using steering assist, not being able to tune or drive car when entering online lobbies on occasion etc. These surely can't be major issues to repair and are obviously issues.

amazed
22-06-2015, 05:16
Cost.....

TenthDan
22-06-2015, 05:50

May I also ask, why is it that the strategy seems to be focussed on releasing large patches which take ages to come and have more potential for introducing more issues. Would it not make more sense to make a number of smaller patches to fix obvious and increasingly frustrating bugs that ruin the game. Eg: driver thru penalties for no reason at start grid, pit stop strategies not being implemented, settings not being saved, the beeline into pits when low on fuel when using steering assist, not being able to tune or drive car when entering online lobbies on occasion etc. These surely can't be major issues to repair and are obviously issues.

Because the first parties (MS/Sony, not sure about Steam) don't allow patching like that. During development we had PC builds daily: great for getting quick fixes, bad for occasionally completely stuffing the game up :p

The patches need to be tested properly, it's not as straightforward as people often think ;)

BDR Daz
22-06-2015, 07:13

May I also ask, why is it that the strategy seems to be focussed on releasing large patches which take ages to come and have more potential for introducing more issues. Would it not make more sense to make a number of smaller patches to fix obvious and increasingly frustrating bugs that ruin the game.

Well it depends on the cost and the time ... Im not sure if the companies still charge for patches to be released (I remember back on the 360 that was a rumored $40,000 to release a patch that was eventually dropped)

LeRenard242
22-06-2015, 07:58
Som issues I had with the game on PC after patch 1.4 were:
- When first losing a tyre, then coming into the pits, then driving out of it with a wheel - but the wheel not showing up visually. Using the pCars telemetry tools on PC you can see a new wheel is put on, it just isn't portrayed visually on the model.
- When driving at Spa, loosing control and crashing and Pouhon I went from 16l fuel and warm tyres immediately after the crash to 60l of fuel and cold tyres. I only had this happen once, couldn't reproduce it, I tried hard.
- Sometimes when I save a setup for a car, it forgets some settings, meaning that I have to go through all settings of the setup again and again to make sure everything is ok. It varies as which things aren't being saved.

"Wet tyres overheating, yet they don't give up on me"
- Anecdote: online race with 10 people at Spa, for 10 laps, GT3 class. Starting all on wets because rain is pooring. It went dry on lap 3, I then opted to test whether I could drive the other 7 with wet tyres. Everyone else went in on lap 4 though. I managed to win the race with a large amount of time, because I had grip like no one else... How that's possible I don't know, because my tyres should've given up on me in that weather situation. It's something I can reproduce, and I consider this a bug yes. I have had many people tell me this isn't a bug, but it clearly is. If not a bug, then why bother putting the wheather effects on, if you can easily race with the wets on all race long ;)..

---

On a side note, I come somewhat biased into this topic. I feel the environment here is polluted. If the head of a studio, Ian Bell thus, is coming in the forum to "stop the trolls" then in my opinion he's not doing that job ok. Sure there's trolls that need to be banned, but then just ban them without comment. Don't feed the trolls, don't put oil on the fire, etc.. Because at the end of the day this is damaging the reputation of the game and the studio. I like the game, but I do find it still has a lot of issues, a lot. And I get that it's not easy to take the amount of bugs in, but I think there should at least be a constructive atmosphere, and Ian, you're not helping in putting a positive atmosphere here. It's just feeding negative emotions in other people, and those people then will ofcourse reactive with stronger language etc.. because they paid for, and please don't deny that, essentially an unfinished product without concrete transparent milestones for the future. It's all a bit vague to me.

Either way, don't feed the trolls, don't feed negative emotions, react constructively or use the (ban)hammer of justice on people who are being rude, out of line and disrespectful or just trolling. It will help the community and forum a lot more then what's happening now.

Grtzz
Y

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 08:27
Som issues I had with the game on PC after patch 1.4 were:
- When first losing a tyre, then coming into the pits, then driving out of it with a wheel - but the wheel not showing up visually. Using the pCars telemetry tools on PC you can see a new wheel is put on, it just isn't portrayed visually on the model.
- When driving at Spa, loosing control and crashing and Pouhon I went from 16l fuel and warm tyres immediately after the crash to 60l of fuel and cold tyres. I only had this happen once, couldn't reproduce it, I tried hard.
- Sometimes when I save a setup for a car, it forgets some settings, meaning that I have to go through all settings of the setup again and again to make sure everything is ok. It varies as which things aren't being saved.

"Wet tyres overheating, yet they don't give up on me"
- Anecdote: online race with 10 people at Spa, for 10 laps, GT3 class. Starting all on wets because rain is pooring. It went dry on lap 3, I then opted to test whether I could drive the other 7 with wet tyres. Everyone else went in on lap 4 though. I managed to win the race with a large amount of time, because I had grip like no one else... How that's possible I don't know, because my tyres should've given up on me in that weather situation. It's something I can reproduce, and I consider this a bug yes. I have had many people tell me this isn't a bug, but it clearly is. If not a bug, then why bother putting the wheather effects on, if you can easily race with the wets on all race long ;)..

---

On a side note, I come somewhat biased into this topic. I feel the environment here is polluted. If the head of a studio, Ian Bell thus, is coming in the forum to "stop the trolls" then in my opinion he's not doing that job ok. Sure there's trolls that need to be banned, but then just ban them without comment. Don't feed the trolls, don't put oil on the fire, etc.. Because at the end of the day this is damaging the reputation of the game and the studio. I like the game, but I do find it still has a lot of issues, a lot. And I get that it's not easy to take the amount of bugs in, but I think there should at least be a constructive atmosphere, and Ian, you're not helping in putting a positive atmosphere here. It's just feeding negative emotions in other people, and those people then will ofcourse reactive with stronger language etc.. because they paid for, and please don't deny that, essentially an unfinished product without concrete transparent milestones for the future. It's all a bit vague to me.

Either way, don't feed the trolls, don't feed negative emotions, react constructively or use the (ban)hammer of justice on people who are being rude, out of line and disrespectful or just trolling. It will help the community and forum a lot more then what's happening now.

Grtzz
Y

Telling us how to do our job is a banning offence.

I'll just give you an infraction for now.

The product isn't essentially unfinished or any other form of unfinished. It is though gaining constant updates and improvements.

Believe it or not, we might know what we're doing better than you think we do. This place will not be polluted with constant rejoins spouting the same vitriol.

All valid issues are responded to logged and dealt with, so your whole premise is way off.

LeRenard242
22-06-2015, 09:05
Telling us how to do our job is a banning offence.

I'll just give you an infraction for now.

The product isn't essentially unfinished or any other form of unfinished. It is though gaining constant updates and improvements.

Believe it or not, we might know what we're doing better than you think we do. This place will not be polluted with constant rejoins spouting the same vitriol.

All valid issues are responded to logged and dealt with, so your whole premise is way off.

Ok then let me get back on topic, because I won't reply on why I was given a warning for "insulting", I'll leave that to everyone's own opionion on what insulting is and what giving critcism is..

1. "The product isn't essentially unfinished or any other form of unfinished. It is though gaining constant updates and improvements."
=> As a consumer I feel this way, because after patch1.4 (and I'm happy it's getting patched - don't get me wrong), things still feel broken. And that's a feeling, a personal experience with playing the game. Things have improved from day one release, patch after patch. But there were things broken, and things weren't working. It feels to me, and a lot of other people, that it was unfinished and untested. It's not an attack, it's not a rant, it's a feeling I and other have. But feel free to ignore that if ofcourse how I feel about it isn't the truth...

2. "All valid issues are responded to logged and dealt with, so your whole premise is way off."
=> What is a valid issue? Where is the thread we can report bugs, or is there an official bug report thread which is being followed up? I haven't found it. Because I would gladly help out with bugs and giving feedback and evidence on what I'm experiencing with the issues I posted originally. I just have no idea where they end up now, it again is a feeling, a feeling of a black box. Where do my issues go, etc..

Believe it or not, as a consumer I might know how to give good consumer feedback. All my issues are valid, as I don't make them up to troll and loose time not playing the game. I follow up and help out with the reports I've made, telling when it worked and what I did.

Morgan Henstridge
22-06-2015, 09:08
2. "All valid issues are responded to logged and dealt with, so your whole premise is way off."
=> What is a valid issue? Where is the thread we can report bugs, or is there an official bug report thread which is being followed up? I haven't found it. Because I would gladly help out with bugs and giving feedback and evidence on what I'm experiencing with the issues I posted originally. I just have no idea where they end up now, it again is a feeling, a feeling of a black box. Where do my issues go, etc..

Believe it or not, as a consumer I might know how to give good consumer feedback. All my issues are valid, as I don't make them up to troll and loose time not playing the game. I follow up and help out with the reports I've made, telling when it worked and what I did.

Sticky in the PC Technical Help and Support Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21846-PLEASE-READ-How-to-report-issues&p=883003&viewfull=1#post883003) explains how best to report issues.

Morgan Henstridge
22-06-2015, 09:08
DOUBLE POST :(

LeRenard242
22-06-2015, 09:19
Sticky in the PC Technical Help and Support Thread. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21846-PLEASE-READ-How-to-report-issues&p=883003&viewfull=1#post883003)

Yes, but the threads in there never give me a feeling on whether it's a bug that is picked up by SMS for fixing. It's good, and the pointer to what info is needed is good. But the actual threads never give me an insight into whether it's reported with the devs at SMS for fixing, etc.. As I said, it feels like a black box to me in which we can throw stuff, but don't know what's happening with it. If that would be too much work and/or effort I could understand that, but surely some more coherence and bundling of issues could be a thing not? I know there's an unofficial thread that tries to keep track of it, but, well.. You get my point by now I guess.

EDIT: never mind above, I found the thead, it's a sticky now (or I might've overlooked that before, it seems it was an unofficial one before)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-19-06
Just ot be sure, is this the official "valid" & known bug list then?

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 09:25
Ok then let me get back on topic, because I won't reply on why I was given a warning for "insulting", I'll leave that to everyone's own opionion on what insulting is and what giving critcism is..

1. "The product isn't essentially unfinished or any other form of unfinished. It is though gaining constant updates and improvements."
=> As a consumer I feel this way, because after patch1.4 (and I'm happy it's getting patched - don't get me wrong), things still feel broken. And that's a feeling, a personal experience with playing the game. Things have improved from day one release, patch after patch. But there were things broken, and things weren't working. It feels to me, and a lot of other people, that it was unfinished and untested. It's not an attack, it's not a rant, it's a feeling I and other have. But feel free to ignore that if ofcourse how I feel about it isn't the truth...

You have every right to feel what you want and I fully respect that.

Check the stickied known issues thread for a list of all we have logged and are responding to. It's as far removed from a 'Black Box' as a thing could possibly be :)
I see as I type this Morgan has linked the other thread below.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 09:27
Yes, but the threads in there never give me a feeling on whether it's a bug that is picked up by SMS for fixing. It's good, and the pointer to what info is needed is good. But the actual threads never give me an insight into whether it's reported with the devs at SMS for fixing, etc.. As I said, it feels like a black box to me in which we can throw stuff, but don't know what's happening with it. If that would be too much work and/or effort I could understand that, but surely some more coherence and bundling of issues could be a thing not? I know there's an unofficial thread that tries to keep track of it, but, well.. You get my point by now I guess.

EDIT: never mind above, I found the thead, it's a sticky now (or I might've overlooked that before, it seems it was an unofficial one before)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-19-06
Just ot be sure, is this the official "valid" & known bug list then?

It's always been a stickie.

And yes, it's the thing you were accusing us of not having.

LeRenard242
22-06-2015, 09:40
It's always been a stickie.
And yes, it's the thing you were accusing us of not having.

Yup I saw, it has improvied a lot, and I haven't noticed it. I still feel it could be better (ticketing system for example), but it's something at least, and I noticed it afterwards as well, I edited it in. Mind the "I FEEL" ;) - not blaming or accusing.
So, yes I overlooked it. Thanks for rubbing that in my face and make me feel an idiot consumer :), 't was that feeling I was reporting on before, you know.

Since you're active, could you also answer my first point? Because as you said you respect that feeling, nothing shows me that I'm either misinterpreting things or.... Just seeking why and what because this has me puzzled.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 09:53
Yup I saw, it has improvied a lot, and I haven't noticed it. I still feel it could be better (ticketing system for example), but it's something at least, and I noticed it afterwards as well, I edited it in. Mind the "I FEEL" ;) - not blaming or accusing.
So, yes I overlooked it. Thanks for rubbing that in my face and make me feel an idiot consumer :), 't was that feeling I was reporting on before, you know.

Since you're active, could you also answer my first point? Because as you said you respect that feeling, nothing shows me that I'm either misinterpreting things or.... Just seeking why and what because this has me puzzled.

Stop taking the piss with the 'idiot consumer' stuff please. I'm patiently showing you where all of your accusations are misplaced. You've insisted on an answer so don't get annoyed when you get one.

I didn't comment simply as there's nothing more to say. The game was complete on delivery, yet we're supporting it ongoing with more features, assets and fixes. This has also been stated multiple times.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 10:39
Let me make this clear guys.

Anyone giving us a set of instructions on how we must operate our site or exactly how we must respond to questions will be removed.

We've no time for it.

LextersQuest
22-06-2015, 10:47
Thanks for patch 1.4, for me i did make a positive difference. (only had small issue with wheel center jerking but was solved).
The few online races i done in private lobbies showed less problems.
I am also looking forward to restart my carreermode after next patch.

Are you close on releasing patch notes for next one?

dw123
22-06-2015, 11:01
Let me make this clear guys.

Anyone giving us a set of instructions on how we must operate our site or exactly how we must respond to questions will be removed.

We've no time for it.
(grimdanfango)
I cannot send this as a PM, so I can only post it publically. Obviously, you're free to delete it, but I would ask you to consider it before doing so.

Until now, I've tried to be nothing but a constructive member of this community. I'm not telling you how to do your job Ian, I simply had the gall to suggest that basic bug fixes aren't a service for which we should be grateful. I don't see that it's an insulting sentiment... it's plain fact - the only contentious issue is that I publically suggested that it was how I felt your response sounded. For that I apologise, it was somewhat confrontational. I would like to point out however that you're being at least that confrontational in many of your responses to customers, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that taking that approach will engender something of the same approach in people's responses to it.

It certainly is your website, and you're entirely free to administer it as you see fit, but I personally feel that fighting against your customers is not going to work well in the long run. Ultimately, I fear you will only generate ever larger amounts of ill-will taking that approach.

Really, I don't feel that ban was in any way warranted. I don't feel that I said anything personally insulting. I would humbly ask that you reconsider, as I would like to remain a part of this community without resorting to sneaking behind your back like this. I assure you that from this point onward, I would consider myself warned, and refrain from participating in any discussion concerning development or bugfixing, aside from constructive assistance towards other members.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:04
(grimdanfango)
I cannot send this as a PM, so I can only post it publically. Obviously, you're free to delete it, but I would ask you to consider it before doing so.

Until now, I've tried to be nothing but a constructive member of this community. I'm not telling you how to do your job Ian, I simply had the gall to suggest that basic bug fixes aren't a service for which we should be grateful. I don't see that it's an insulting sentiment... it's plain fact - the only contentious issue is that I publically suggested that it was how I felt your response sounded. For that I apologise, it was somewhat confrontational. I would like to point out however that you're being at least that confrontational in many of your responses to customers, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that taking that approach will engender something of the same approach in people's responses to it.

It certainly is your website, and you're entirely free to administer it as you see fit, but I personally feel that fighting against your customers is not going to work well in the long run. Ultimately, I fear you will only generate ever larger amounts of ill-will taking that approach.

Really, I don't feel that ban was in any way warranted. I don't feel that I said anything personally insulting. I would humbly ask that you reconsider, as I would like to remain a part of this community without resorting to sneaking behind your back like this. I assure you that from this point onward, I would consider myself warned, and refrain from participating in any discussion concerning development or bugfixing, aside from constructive assistance towards other members.

If we're generating ill will by responding as we should to those breeching forum rules then we'll live with that ill will.

Again, don't tell the devs or moderators how to operate this forum. You didn't buy this forum, it's a freebie we've decided to provide beyond Bandai's normal customer service ticket system as we like to interact with customers.

JapImports
22-06-2015, 11:18
If we're generating ill will by responding as we should to those breeching forum rules then we'll live with that ill will.

Again, don't tell the devs or moderators how to operate this forum. You didn't buy this forum, it's a freebie we've decided to provide beyond Bandai's normal customer service ticket system as we like to interact with customers.

Sorry if I'm asking this, but where can I read the complete forum rules, what to do and not to do when posting a content ? I read the FAQ section, but it only covers how to operate the forum features. I have been reading some post that resulted in banning or infraction by you, not really sure where the line is and I don't want to cross it without knowing.

So far, no insult to devs or mods, and don't tell devs or mods how to operate the forum, these are acknowledged :)

dw123
22-06-2015, 11:24

I don't feel that I have told anyone how to operate this forum. Aside from an error in judgement in giving my personal opinion regarding your own messages, I've spoken only specifically about bug fixes to the game itself, and in that regard I feel I've been generally considerate, reasonable, and as often as I can be, constructive or even supportive.

madmaz116
22-06-2015, 14:41
The game was complete on delivery, yet we're supporting it ongoing with more features, assets and FIXES. This has also been stated multiple times.

How can a game be complete if you have to fix it ?

LeRenard242
22-06-2015, 14:49

My concern exactly with the gaming industry today. I can understand certain bugs and the need for day one patches because of varied setups and systems. But some bugs are just due to not being tested (e.g. AI cars banging against the wall when exiting the pitlane; no wheels on the car when pitting after losing the wheel, etc.. etc..) I guess. I'm involved in large LOB software development, I know things are complex and some things only show up when released wide in the open. But as I said before, some bugs just seem like untested and thus that's why I feel (mind the I feel) the game is unfinished.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 14:51

It's called having bugs. Every game on earth has them.

That you're even asking this question and I'm answering it for the 500th time frustrates me.

Elmo
22-06-2015, 14:52
Sorry if I'm asking this, but where can I read the complete forum rules, what to do and not to do when posting a content ? I read the FAQ section, but it only covers how to operate the forum features. I have been reading some post that resulted in banning or infraction by you, not really sure where the line is and I don't want to cross it without knowing.

So far, no insult to devs or mods, and don't tell devs or mods how to operate the forum, these are acknowledged :)

Forum Rules (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25307-Forum-Rules-Please-read)

BuToNz
22-06-2015, 14:53

And not a lot of them are as complex (feature rich) as Project CARS!

JapImports
22-06-2015, 14:59
Forum Rules (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25307-Forum-Rules-Please-read)

Thank you, didn't know it's a sticky on general discussion forum :) Cheers.

PsyAviah
22-06-2015, 15:36
And not a lot of them are as complex (feature rich) as Project CARS!
I get that. But at the end of the day the customer doesn't care how complex it is.. When you buy a real car, and something fails, I'm not sure if my mechanic would go like "yeah, it's so complex and feature rich that bugs are just how it is... live with it".

Anyway, I'm liking the game. Just a shame there are these bugs and that the patches are crucial. So I hope patch 1.5 will come soon to fix the last things that are out there.

mazda116
22-06-2015, 15:38
ok so why was i banned , no reason was given i dont understand what i did wrong?

mcarver2000
22-06-2015, 15:39
How can a game be complete if you have to fix it ? I am sorry, but I don't follow. "Fixes" are for things that are complete. I bought a new automobile. It was complete when I bought, however, the manufacturer discovered an issue with a couple components, so they issued a recall notice to "fix" the broken parts of the complete car. The fact it needed fixing has no relationship to it not having been complete.

On another note, I have abandoned 1 or 2 race sim products/developers because they refused to "fix" their complete game. As long as SMS continues to support their product and their users, I will continue to support them.

Roger Prynne
22-06-2015, 15:44
Thank you, didn't know it's a sticky on general discussion forum :) Cheers.

Just do a search in future as it saves cluttering up the forum... thanks.

mazda116
22-06-2015, 15:45

That you're even asking this question and I'm answering it for the 500th time frustrates me.

you sir are a very aggressive man, my question was quite a simple one, Im a consumer I just wanted an answer, thats all, so you ban me for asking?...well thats fine. One customer you've lost from any further SMS product , and you can ban me again i dont care. A professional would have just answered the question. Good luck with your attitude, your sir are far from professional.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 15:54
you sir are a very aggressive man, my question was quite a simple one, Im a consumer I just wanted an answer, thats all, so you ban me for asking?...well thats fine. One customer you've lost from any further SMS product , and you can ban me again i dont care. A professional would have just answered the question. Good luck with your attitude, your sir are far from professional.

Yes, I banned you mainly as I don't like you though.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 15:56

Sorry, didn't approach the rest of your post.

Please don't buy any more of our products.

Racefreak
22-06-2015, 16:01

You sir should think before you post

CantBanYoda
22-06-2015, 16:29

1.3 Behaviour
- Criticism towards SMS, the game or this support forum is welcomed, but it has to be constructive criticism that can be used to improve the game/support etc. Ranting or venting frustration does nothing to solve issues and only creates an atmosphere of conflict and anger.

LeRenard242 - banned
grimdanfango - banned
madmaz116 - banned
mazda116 - banned

We should make an exception for Yoda. I like that little green guy.

Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they.

CantBanYoda - banned

Seps1974
22-06-2015, 16:31

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60920755.jpg

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 16:33
Not sure what's going on above guys but please get back on topic.

jpbonadio
22-06-2015, 18:55
After the 1.04 patch, playing Project on the PS4 became so much better.

The graphics are much better now (no ghosts anymore; much better AF; and the impostor reflections are on). But the most important thing was the DS4 motion sensor as steering. That made the game 300% better for those like me that can't afford a proper wheel.

There are still a lot of bugs on the game, but I'm confident SMS will fix them in future patchs. So, thanks guys for this patch.

SilkiestOcean7
23-06-2015, 15:27
It would be really nice if a moderator or someone at WMD would reply to my posting...

Yesterday - after waiting about a week .... I loaded a previous save online file - which was about 2 - 3 weeks old.. restarted in the game but way way back...

lost so many invitations and awards.. bummr...

I thought files automatically backed up online.... learned the hard way... maybe I also need to start backing up game files to usb...

have others had the problem of being dropped in the game - losing game file and getting the message that an error occurred - send message to PSN...

and start new game which will overwrite existing file... yikes...

SilkiestOcean7
23-06-2015, 21:27
SMS? Moderator?

Anybody out there ... Please reply to my question...

Race Clean
24-06-2015, 07:54
SMS? Moderator?

Anybody out there ... Please reply to my question...

I'm new to this forum, but i still know that more people got this problem because i read more then 1 site of all the threads here!! This problem is now so old after the new patch. That shows me that you post stuff first before you read like many lazy guys in other forums!! Bye

BatteredSav
24-06-2015, 10:14
Sorry if this has already been brought to the attention of the devs. But cars are still getting stuck in the pits at Bathurst.

trancend
24-06-2015, 13:37
SMS aren't restricted here either way - it's a well known fact though that the G27 doesn't work with current consoles. That's Logitech's decision, nothing to do with SMS. We've no idea if they plan to change that (if they did, we'd do the work in-game to add it), although you can easily draw your own conclusions based on the release of the new wheel.

It is indeed well known that the G27 doesnt work with ps4/xb1, however the reason why is not.

This lack of support is not technical whatsoever, but a legal matter of contracts held between Sony, Thrustmaster, SMS and Logitech.

The PC driver will in fact run on the PS4 with little no no modification. Why, bc PS4's Jaguar processor is X86 based, same as PC (well most PC's are x64 now, but that is entirely x86 compatible).

We the customers are being screwed over for greed. This pattern will surely repeat, so go a head and buy a new wheel every console if your into paying as much or more for a periphreal than the device it runs on.

Im done with consoles, ps4 is it. PC is king, time to up my game and ditch the lame.

SilkiestOcean7
25-06-2015, 20:55
I gave up waiting for a reply...

(and I thought the Ubisoft Support Forum was terrible... this might be worse...)

unsanity
27-06-2015, 13:18
hi guys, im new here, can someone tell me what should i need to do to get this paches in my game cos i dont have some cars u guys have.. after i bought original i lost some cars, previously i played on some reloaded non steam version...

Roger Prynne
27-06-2015, 13:31
hi guys, im new here, can someone tell me what should i need to do to get this paches in my game cos i dont have some cars u guys have.. after i bought original i lost some cars, previously i played on some reloaded non steam version...

So you had a cracked version then?
We don't like that here!
And it's your own fault you lost some of the cars.

Diablo944
27-06-2015, 14:04

unsanity
28-06-2015, 00:33
i said i bought a game for 30e?

ford8584
28-06-2015, 01:55
So any rough ETA on when this patch will be released?

nissan4ever
28-06-2015, 06:12
So any rough ETA on when this patch will be released?

Did you read the patch 2.0 notes? When they know, they will let us know. The patch notes will be updated.