PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Nick Claydon
06-09-2015, 09:43
Insults are not the way to go are they Miagi, I thought better of you mate.

Gopher has stated his last post so let leave it there eh, people have made their points there is no need to carry on.

BumperCarrotNL
06-09-2015, 09:51
Just out of curiosity, could anyone thats having trouble with the setup I posted actually say what trouble they're having? :)

Your setup is understeering in the double apex corner and about everywhere else oversteering :D
(for me that is ofcourse)

Gopher04
06-09-2015, 11:27
lazy to organize anything for the TGC even though you have been asked to

Really..man you really need to delve deeper sometimes miagi, you think you know all the facts but you don't, if you want to discuss further I always appear on TS at some point.

t0daY
06-09-2015, 12:14
Really..man you really need to delve deeper sometimes miagi, you think you know all the facts but you don't, if you want to discuss further I always appear on TS at some point.

Then clarify us. Then be honest and tell us here your real reasons like your commenting here all time every announcement we are doing. Give us all facts :)

Gopher04
06-09-2015, 12:23
Then clarify us. Then be honest and tell us here your real reasons like your commenting here all time every announcement we are doing. Give us all facts :)

Tell me t0day why are you posting this on the forum, when you are clearly on TS with me and Nick below.

t0daY
06-09-2015, 12:27
Tell me t0day why are you posting this on the forum, when you are clearly on TS with me and Nick below.

Cause I am watching formula 1 and cannot talk right now because I am listining F1 through my sound system :D :D :D It is just getting ridiculous gopher sorry :D :D :D

Giovtec
06-09-2015, 12:39
To be honest these kind of long conversation are getting way out of the point of this forum thread, all I can see is people just not being mature enough, little bit of advice, just a call, there you have TS make a lobby for personal discussions and that's it, otherwise we will have to rename this forum thread. :)

Edit: BTW anyone watching BlancPain GT series now? I really want to race the GT3's after watching the Qualy Race yesterday where the Bentley and the Audi had a good battle till the end.

t0daY
06-09-2015, 12:56
To be honest these kind of long conversation are getting way out of the point of this forum thread, all I can see is people just not being mature enough, little bit of advice, just a call, there you have TS make a lobby for personal discussions and that's it, otherwise we will have to rename this forum thread. :)

Edit: BTW anyone watching BlancPain GT series now? I really want to race the GT3's after watching the Qualy Race yesterday where the Bentley and the Audi had a good battle till the end.

Formula 1 my friend ;)

Giovtec
06-09-2015, 12:59
Formula 1 my friend ;)

ughh! not anymore for me after the brilliant senna. :(

miagi
06-09-2015, 13:59
A Mercedes F1 engine that is constructed for 6 races, breaks down on the 7th race. From an engineering stand point, I'm very impressed! That engine doesn't have problems with durability but seems to have a safety factor of below 1.2 ... sweet Jesus that is astonishing.

Keithb23
06-09-2015, 15:45
After reading through the last few pages I only have one thing to say...

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!
If you're happy and you know it then the thread will really show it,
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

C'mon guys! Lighten up and clap your hands a little bit, okay?

And by the way, I can't race tonight, I have a family commitment. Have fun everyone, and enjoy the race!

Giovtec
06-09-2015, 16:21
Ok, test in dry and rain, as you can see rain could be a big challenge for me.

but I can say that i will do the marshall-ing thingy in the rain, my FPS will be 30 or worst with all cars :< so,, i hope at least i can be checking track limits for you guys..

Battenberg
06-09-2015, 16:44
I'm looking forward to tonight, it would be cool to see how the BTCC-esque starting order rules play out. I haven't had any time with this car yet, setting it up sounds ominous from what I've read.

Once my bangin' lasagne is in the oven, I might come on for a bit to get a feel for the car. Pending an incoming food coma, I'll go on TS and start tweaking the car. If not, I'll just do what I always do: jump in, drive the wheels off and deal with the lairyness :P

MelBonkers
06-09-2015, 17:47
Guys, I'm skipping this evenings race. I'm feeling sick :-S and don't think it's a good idea to try to join you guys. See you Wednesday!

x ImJakeyy
06-09-2015, 20:17
Hope you guys had a good 3 races tonight, I made it back home in time for Race 2, but after walking all day I am knackered, and didn't want to do the first laps in the BMW in wet conditions tonight.

Look forward to seeing some footage from the 3 races though!

miagi
06-09-2015, 21:31
Results 3rd Race

Photonenbert
06-09-2015, 21:41
ok guys, the sprint races were awesome, I really enjoyed them. thank you for participating :)

I !roughly! calculated the TOP 10 Winners (I didnt use a point system I just added up positions. so dont tell me its unfair what I calculated cause different point systems will get different end results as well ;) )

1st: Alex Salomon, Congratz :)
2nd: Hobbs
3rd: falcon
4th: Mikey TT (winner 1st and 3rd race)
5th: Vitor sousa
6th: meeee :p
7th: miagi and battenberg (winner 2nd race)
8th: stevie and giovtec
9th: Will fly
10th: Cluck

Well done guys !

falcon2081
06-09-2015, 21:58
Race1 Results

Race2 Results

Race3 - Finals results weren't taken but you can check out your best lap.

Giovtec
06-09-2015, 22:18
ok guys, the sprint races were awesome, I really enjoyed them. thank you for participating :)

I !roughly! calculated the TOP 10 Winners (I didnt use a point system I just added up positions. so dont tell me its unfair what I calculated cause different point systems will get different end results as well ;) )

Well done guys !

8th place? Vtec power Hellooo :rolleyes:!!~~,, Anyways it was a really fun racing. thanks to all who take part of the races.:highly_amused:

Alex Hobbs
06-09-2015, 23:52

Well done guys !

I'm happy with 2nd :D

This was one of the few times I actually wanted a good position rather than just playing around with the car as usual, and I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. Got a half decent setup made up (let me know how it went you guys that used it!) and worked the chaos enough to nab a decent place for each race. Fluffed the rain race as I locked up T2 on the braking and had to go into the grass but it was really good fun working back through the pack from last. Good racing everyone :D

falcon2081
07-09-2015, 04:37
For those of you that saved all 3 replays from Sunday's race. Can you guys check something for me? I noticed that the replays from race 2&3 were perfectly in intact. All cars were there. No wrong liveries. No stuck cars on the grid. Meanwhile my race 1 replay had 5 cars stuck on the grid. Another odd issue is that in race 1 the cars would go through the small cones on the side of the track like they were ghosts. Race 2&3 didn't have this issue.

I wonder if transitioning from practice to qual and then to race is somehow messing up the replay? Race 2&3 we just started the race and went. I think it would be worth exploring if we can find what exactly is causing the issue. I'll be on tomorrow in case anyone wants to test with me. I'd figure 5 people would be fine.

Elmo
07-09-2015, 04:58
I think it would be worth exploring if we can find what exactly is causing the issue. I'll be on tomorrow in case anyone wants to test with me. I'd figure 5 people would be fine.

Would be highly appreciated.

Keithb23
07-09-2015, 06:27
Looks like you guys had a great time with the latest race. 26 drivers is a good-sized grid and no game crashes? Things are looking up!

NemethR
07-09-2015, 07:25
Ye, was a lot of fun yesterday night.

1st race was more a getting used to the car thing, I had no brakes at all, or at least it felt like that.
The only problem with the track is, that its so narrow, before cascades, we went side-by-side with Miagi into the right hander, I wanted to give him room, and got onto the dirt on braking, and we touched, sorry about that again.

2nd race was so-so, I got a bit better used to the car, and was practicing defensive driving, there was a situation on the second-to-last lap after Cascades, suddently, the road was full of cars (who spun, and were returning to the track), I tried to go in between them, sinc I was much faster, but someone closed the door, and I spun around, in the middle of the road. Leaders were a few secs behind me so that was pretty hairy.

The final race was quite Ok, but my tires were totally off at the end. I had like 15% left. So I had no grip, and dropped down the order.

At the end of the night, I started to like the car :)

Thank you very much for making this race happen!

Tricky
07-09-2015, 07:40
I joined in for race 2 and 3 and after reservations about the car it went pretty well. I started from the back in race 2 and made good progress until meeting Pamellaa and Papa and had a lot of problems getting past, it's such a tight track. Race 3 in the wet for the most part was great, loved how drifty the car got and felt in control - until I wasn't. After a crash I could never get the rhythm back, several more spins and pit visits for repairs later I finished pretty far back. I was going to stick my videos up but forgot to bring my memory stick to work.

falcon2081
07-09-2015, 08:04
Well it's 4am and I've been editing the race videos for the last 4 hours and I still have race 3 to edit. I decided on just sticking all 3 races together as one video. It's gonna look nice. Off to bed. I'll be on around the same time as we race to do some replay testing.

cluck
07-09-2015, 08:10
My apologies for the profuse swearing (at myself, not at anybody) during the rain race. My car was an absolute dog to drive after I went onto the grass (as frustrating as it was, it did at least feel realistic trying to get off the wet grass and back onto the track) and it only returned to normal after I pitted and got fresh tyres. My race was long over by that stage. To describe it more accurately, it didn't want to stop, it didn't want to turn and it certainly didn't want to accelerate (I was getting wheelspin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears :o). My laptimes had dropped to 2 minutes :o.

I tried to drive the car more or less as it is in default setup. The only changes I made were to the final gear ratio, inc. increasing 6th by one notch, and dropping the rear wing to 3.5 in the dry. I was far from competitive but had a lot of fun. Well, I had fun in the dry races :D.

The format of the races was great by the way, loved the way it was done :).

Pamellaaa
07-09-2015, 09:13
An excellent night of races, good fun had all around and the car and track made for a seriously tricky but very rewarding combination!

I must also say well done to everyone for general ettiquette last night, communication and chatter levels were much much better than in previous events and I feel the event was better off as a result of it!

Edit: I must also apologise to Manu, race 3 when I was out of control he bounced off me and shortly afterwards had a sub-optimal number of wheels.

Bagaz
07-09-2015, 09:22
This was a lot of fun. Something about it didn't feel as serious as many of the other races I've joined with you guys. Maybe it was the touring car aspect.
I had a few spins into various barriers in race one, all completely self inflicted so decided to retire after finally bending the front end. Race two started 25th and worked up to 9th was good fun. And had a similar wet race too.
Great driving by all I encountered especially the side by side action in my vids. Sorry I've no idea who it's was I was racing at the start if race 2.
Race 2

https://youtu.be/-7sIuC59jQ4
Race 3

https://youtu.be/Cc15t_pEy80

KamyKaze1098
07-09-2015, 09:48
Great evening of racing guys. My first after promotion from NCC.

And this was my cup of tea. Touring car racing. Sprint racing. My favourite format ;)

Higlight of the night was my second place in race 2, only loosing out in the last lap to Battenberg after struggling all race with a bugged FFB. That was a though race, and maybe the win would be mine if it weren't for that. Oh well, Next time I'll try even harder :P

Last race was bad for me, as I only dropped tire pressures but forgot to put Wet's :rolleyes: doh
And to make it worse, when I pitted I didn't have the strategy I defined as active, but the default one, and in a hurry to change I just changed to wets and didn't noticed the 2.0 pressure...
Car was to bad to drive and did way to many spins all race. shame, as I like to drive in this hard changing weather conditions.

As I said in teamspeak, maybe a good Idea to always have a small warm up to prevent cases like this.

And BTW, I would really love a league with this format, either in the BMW TC, or the Clio to start ;)

gift
07-09-2015, 09:49
what a great night guys!

Race 1 was the best i ever had so far, i had a nice fight with NemethR for a couple of laps, otherwise i was lucky to not get much damage so i did not had todo a pitstop. and then, in the last lap i lost a lot of time in the last sector and got overtaken just before the finish line.

Race 2 and 3 i had a lot of problems to get into a good rythm, and the rain race i also forgott to lower my settings so i had also performance problems.

whatever i enjoyed it all.

t0daY
07-09-2015, 10:13
An excellent night of races, good fun had all around and the car and track made for a seriously tricky but very rewarding combination!

I must also say well done to everyone for general ettiquette last night, communication and chatter levels were much much better than in previous events and I feel the event was better off as a result of it!

Edit: I must also apologise to Manu, race 3 when I was out of control he bounced off me and shortly afterwards had a sub-optimal number of wheels.

Sub-optimal number of wheels :D :D :D :D :D Yeah lost kinda my front left wheel I think... But everything is fine had great fun thats the only thing that matters :)

Great evening of racing guys. My first after promotion from NCC.

And this was my cup of tea. Touring car racing. Sprint racing. My favourite format ;)

Higlight of the night was my second place in race 2, only loosing out in the last lap to Battenberg after struggling all race with a bugged FFB. That was a though race, and maybe the win would be mine if it weren't for that. Oh well, Next time I'll try even harder :P

Last race was bad for me, as I only dropped tire pressures but forgot to put Wet's :rolleyes: doh
And to make it worse, when I pitted I didn't have the strategy I defined as active, but the default one, and in a hurry to change I just changed to wets and didn't noticed the 2.0 pressure...
Car was to bad to drive and did way to many spins all race. shame, as I like to drive in this hard changing weather conditions.

As I said in teamspeak, maybe a good Idea to always have a small warm up to prevent cases like this.

And BTW, I would really love a league with this format, either in the BMW TC, or the Clio to start ;)

I totally agree. We did not think about it on first place. For the next 3-sprint-race format we will do before race 2 & 3 maybe a 5-10 minute warm up session. I think MikeyTT and miagi went for the wet tires in the second race (was a complete dry race).
So this warm up session would secure everybody will start with the right tires + you get a weather forecast in the pits at the warm up session :)

Stay tuned this week :p :)

NemethR
07-09-2015, 10:36

Now that you mention it...
It could also be a Multi-class with the Clios :D

Well, at least the BMW will never outbrake the Clio.

Giovtec
07-09-2015, 12:07
For those of you that saved all 3 replays from Sunday's race. Can you guys check something for me? I noticed that the replays from race 2&3 were perfectly in intact. All cars were there. No wrong liveries. No stuck cars on the grid. Meanwhile my race 1 replay had 5 cars stuck on the grid. Another odd issue is that in race 1 the cars would go through the small cones on the side of the track like they were ghosts. Race 2&3 didn't have this issue.

I wonder if transitioning from practice to qual and then to race is somehow messing up the replay? Race 2&3 we just started the race and went. I think it would be worth exploring if we can find what exactly is causing the issue. I'll be on tomorrow in case anyone wants to test with me. I'd figure 5 people would be fine.

Yes, i notice all your points also, it seems that can be the transitions of the practice and qualy to race. I'll be there for the testing!

Also I notice this black lines on my winshield in my rain replays eventually they disappear, I am just wondering if this has been reported.

gaiser91
07-09-2015, 12:50

Hey guys! Live from 1° gird position of Monza F1 GP, from the left:

1-Crusty (a potential future player :) )
2-Me (Gaiser :P )
3- Mirkovic (Mirko Tartarotti)

Yesterday was a beatiful day, a live race day, shared with friends!!!
We were in the first chicane, the visual is perfect from high speed tribune.

miagi
07-09-2015, 13:24

The obvious difference between R1 and R2&3 was, R1 was a JIP session with Partice and Quali. While R2 and R3 went straight for the Grid.

Pamellaaa
07-09-2015, 13:26
The obvious difference between R1 and R2&3 was, R1 was a JIP session with Partice and Quali. While R2 and R3 went straight for the Grid.

Could it be that people who join in progress aren't in replays or aren't shown correctly (liveries, stuck on grid etc) and those in from the launch of the session are fine, it would explain why sometimes the replay issues affect almost the whole field and other times its just the odd one or two people?

Assuming it is linked to moving between a session and/or joining in progress it should be easy enough to test for.

MikeyTT
07-09-2015, 13:29

Well done guys !

Yes highly unfair! Double winner doesn't even get onto the top step of the final rankings? What twisted racing reality is this? ;)

Not the most enjoyable from a racing perspective unfortunately, but I loved the format and the car/track combo. It's a real shame I took the gamble on race #2, otherwise I think that would have been a good scrap.

I can't edit the video from last night, for some reason, so I've just annotated it instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkwmnMbkxo

Event Highlights
15:55 - Start of Quali Lap
32:40 - Start of Race #1
34:15 - Alex Salmon takes T1 too hot and I get by
49:50 - Bit of backmarker lapping
54:20 - End of Race #1. Managed to maintain P1 with a 10sec lead to Hobbnob
1:06:45 - Debating to gamble to start with Rain Tyres
1:15:36 - Start Race #2 - Gamble doesn't pay off it's DRY!!! Sitting on pole is about to be ruined
1:18:00 - Alex Salmon passes me into the chicane (my tyres are now running at 125deg and it's sliding all over the place)
1:19:00 - Inevitable spin and drop to the back. 12 laps of me trying to keep the rain tyres cool enough :(
1:25:50 - Get collected by AlexOki's accident
1:37:50 - Race #2 Finish. Managed P22
1:54:30 - Start of Race #3 in the rain this time. I start P3. Bumper Carrot runs away to start, but I know I need a couple of laps for the tyres to come in, then I should be good
1:57:00 - Start pulling BumperCarrot back in
1:57:50 - Right on his tail now, throwing a few dummies in the hope he'll make a mistake
1:58:35 - BumperCarrot misses his braking point and I sneak through at the chicane
2:17:35 - Race #3 Finish. Managed a P1 with 23 secs gap to miagi

miagi
07-09-2015, 14:50
Hey, does someone agree on that? Pit Stop Strategy - Tyre Pressure Adjustment (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38776-Pit-Stop-Strategy-Tyre-Pressure-Adjustment)
If not, tell me how you handle your Pit Stop Strategies.

Neil Bateman
07-09-2015, 15:31
Decided to retire to pitbox in race 1 and leave after race finished, really don't understand what was going on with the tyres because after 5 or 6 laps my front tyres were overheating badly and suffered major loss of grip at the same time, I was using vrHive and using that for my tyre info.

In game tyres were green but in vrHive the tyres were red and at 120+ degrees, as I developed hideous understeer to the point I was braking so early and nearly stopping the car to make the corners I guess vrhive was showing correct info, I had to use the default set up which prolly didn't help but no way should my tyres have been overheating so quickly.

Can anyone post the set up they were using because I need to run some tests and see if firstly I can run faster lap times without overheating the tyres and at the same time monitor both race and vrHive telemetry and see if it all matches up because last night something was not right at all.

MikeyTT
07-09-2015, 15:53
Decided to retire to pitbox in race 1 and leave after race finished, really don't understand what was going on with the tyres because after 5 or 6 laps my front tyres were overheating badly and suffered major loss of grip at the same time, I was using vrHive and using that for my tyre info.

In game tyres were green but in vrHive the tyres were red and at 120+ degrees, as I developed hideous understeer to the point I was braking so early and nearly stopping the car to make the corners I guess vrhive was showing correct info, I had to use the default set up which prolly didn't help but no way should my tyres have been overheating so quickly.

Can anyone post the set up they were using because I need to run some tests and see if firstly I can run faster lap times without overheating the tyres and at the same time monitor both race and vrHive telemetry and see if it all matches up because last night something was not right at all.

I found in race #2, when I was running wet tyres in the dry, that my tyres were still green in the UI, but my app was showing 125-130 temps, in the red, and I was really struggling with grip.

Set-up wise I was running the following:
Aero 4
Front Pressures 1.44 (1.28 wet)
Rear Pressures 1.35 (1:26 wet)
Brake Balance 44%
Caster 9.4
Front Camber -1.2
Rear Camber -0.9
Rear Toe-in 0.0
Lowest ride height front and rear
Front Spring 120
Rear Spring 65
Front Sway 38
Rear Sway 4

In fact in the video above @ 5:54 and 1:03:38 I run through the setup in the pits. My dry to wet changes consisted of changing the wing to 5 and dropping the tyre pressures. If you want it, I can export a few of the laps from vrHive so you can do a compare?

With the setup, in the dry I can run mid/high 1:25s without much issue and in the wet I was in the mid/high 1:31s. If pushed I could go quicker, but that was a steady race pace.

**Edit:
vrHive exports as I mentioned.
http://www.vrhive.co.uk/temp/pCars-BMW 320 TC-Oulton Park-Island-Racing-[MikeyTT]-Lap.vrhexports.zip

The 1:25 is the fast lap from race #1.
The 2:00 was the lap from race #2 where I spun on wet tyres on a dry track
The 1:31 was the fastest lap in race #3

Pamellaaa
07-09-2015, 15:55

Sounds like you might have had wets on the front, is this possible?

Photonenbert
07-09-2015, 16:23
Yes highly unfair! Double winner doesn't even get onto the top step of the final rankings? What twisted racing reality is this? ;)

:p guess you probably would have been points winner or at least 2nd. well, too bad but well done! :D

cluck
07-09-2015, 16:39
re. the high tyre temps, I wonder if that's what happened to my car after going onto the grass then? The basic info showed the tyres 'green' but I didn't look at the full telemetry screen (and running an external monitor to keep an eye on temps/pressures etc is kinda pointless with the Oculus :D)

Neil Bateman
07-09-2015, 16:45
Thanks for replies guys, mikey I will take a look at your export and do some testing, all I know is the car was un driveable and was better for me to retire than struggle round trying to stay on the track.

I know we all have our off days but something was definitely amiss last night.

MikeyTT
07-09-2015, 16:47
re. the high tyre temps, I wonder if that's what happened to my car after going onto the grass then? The basic info showed the tyres 'green' but I didn't look at the full telemetry screen (and running an external monitor to keep an eye on temps/pressures etc is kinda pointless with the Oculus :D)

I know it's very easy to overheat the tyres on the grass when you spin them up. Seems a little odd TBH that they heat up as quick as on tarmac, or seemingly so. The other thing is that doesn't pCars simulate getting tyres dirty? In which case for the next few corners, or so, they won't give up nearly as much grip as you think they should.

falcon2081
07-09-2015, 16:50
Actually, when myself and miagi were testing with the car we found out that anything over 93F on the tires would cause weird issues. One big problem we had was that we would randomly lose the rear end for no apparent reason or we would have severely horrible braking. It's why my tire temps for both dry and wet never exceeded 85F. I think the tires are bugged in that car. Also if you fitted rain tires and kept them at 60F you would have a ton of grip, probably better than Dry tires.

Timmynator
07-09-2015, 17:09
This was one of the few times I actually wanted a good position rather than just playing around with the car as usual, and I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out.

Being one of the fast guys in pretty much every race is just you dicking around with the car? That makes me sad... :P

Got a half decent setup made up (let me know how it went you guys that used it!)

Let's put it this way: please can I copy your settings in the future? I found the setup quite suited me (although I'm by no means fast enough it would appear I prefer a somewhat oversteery setup) quite well, just had to adjust my diff settings a bit and it worked really quite well in the dry for me. Slapped on some rear wing for the wet and left everything else unchanged, gave me a pretty solid setup in the rain, too, except for low-speed cornering which sent me spinning a few times.

Been having a look at your suspension settings, I think I haven't quite found the range of slow/fast bump/rebound and how soft/hard to set them yet. I basically know what they (are supposed to) do, maybe I just need some more practice.

Good racing though, I managed to improve my aero damage across the 3 races from 66% to 38% to 20%, pretty much always gathered within the first lap of each race...who needs aero, I had Hobbs'ian mech grip :D

Neil Bateman
07-09-2015, 17:47
Worked out the problem I had, plain and simple this is just being a dumb ass, but I noticed today that when I went into the garage there is front and rear tyre option, maybe I clicked on it by mistake at some point but the front tyres were on rain/wet and the rear automatic by weather, so to cut a long story short I was running the whole time on wet fronts and slick rear, Pamellaaa please don't say I told you so lol.

I wondered why my fastest lap during all the practice I was doing was a 1:27.435, today I knocked 2 seconds off that using mikeyTT's settings.

Nuff said.:mad:

Giovtec
07-09-2015, 17:51

is pCARS so, probably is a bug ;>

miagi
07-09-2015, 17:57
@MikeyTT do you have wear figures saved from the 2nd and 3rd race?
I also drove with Rain tires in the 2nd race, and at least the small tire indicator in the external hud motec thing kinda indicates that the wear in dry and wet was about the same, if not even bigger in the wet than in the dry.

Iceman07
07-09-2015, 18:17
I think it would be worth exploring if we can find what exactly is causing the issue. I'll be on tomorrow in case anyone wants to test with me. I'd figure 5 people would be fine.

I can help you falcon. When do you want to start? 19 UTC?

MikeyTT
07-09-2015, 18:37
I also drove with Rain tires in the 2nd race, and at least the small tire indicator in the external hud motec thing kinda indicates that the wear in dry and wet was about the same, if not even bigger in the wet than in the dry.

I do have the wear figures, I'll fire up the rig again later and get them for you.

Just looking in the HUD tho, I'm much gentler on the tyres than you are. According to the HUD in the 3rd race this was the last corner from you and me:

Oddly I wore the front right more than the front left. Do you know what temps you were running?

miagi
07-09-2015, 18:46
Thanks

Oddly I wore the front right more than the front left. Do you know what temps you were running?
That is just an indication bug in hud I posted.

t0daY
07-09-2015, 19:30

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Catalunya, Spain with the Formula B car.

Date: 13th September 2015

Practice Start: 18:30 UTC
Qualifying Start: 18:45 UTC
Race Start: 19:00 UTC (1+59 laps - Standing Start)

Ingame Time: 14:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather Forecast: Partially cloudy then clearing up as we proceed to the end of the race
Weather progression: 1x

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Indicator: Real
Fuel Usage Indicator: Real

IMPORTANT: This race will be the first time we try out our new starting procedure for the open wheelers which is a formation lap into a standing start. We will do some additional “Advanced Training Sessions” before the race (1-2 on saturday and 1-2 on sunday / usually once a week on a thursday 19:00 UTC). You need to attend at least to one “ATS” otherwise you can not participate to the race.

This procedure works as follows:

1. When on the grid no-one moves until instruction is recieved from the race controller.
2. On the race controllers instruction the leader may move off and the warm up lap is underway.
3. All cars must follow the lead car around maintaining the gap to the car in front of them between 0.5 and 2.5 seconds.
4. Before the final corner (or in another appropriate position as determined by the race controller) the call will be made to move to the correct side of the grid in preparation for stopping in your spot.
5. When all cars are on the grid the following call will made by the race controller or another steward “Red..Red..Red....Green” on green the race is a go.

Please note the following rules apply during the starting procedure:

• There is no specific speed limit, the pace of the field is controlled by the lead car
• Brake and tyre warming is perfectly acceptable including the use of burnouts.
• If you spin out during the warm up lap you must stay off the track until the final car has passed you and start from the back of the grid.
• Overtaking on the warm up lap is strictly forbidden.
• When the race controller calls “odds on the left and evens on the right” you must use the position that you are in when the call is made as positions may have changed due to spinners or retirements.
• If a track has the pole position slot on the right hand side of the grid this grid slot is ignored - the pole sitter is always on the left hand side of the grid, this means that the pole driver will use grid slot 2 at certain tracks.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. At the end of the formation lap every driver has to place his car onto his grid box. Then we will proceed with a standing start.

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

falcon2081
07-09-2015, 21:37
Thanks to Miagi, Iceman, Gio for helping out in testing a couple things with the Replay system. It was a good test and we may have something to go on but we will need more data input (more people). So we will have to wait until Wednesday's MCE race to test some more.

Alex Hobbs
07-09-2015, 21:40
Being one of the fast guys in pretty much every race is just you dicking around with the car? That makes me sad... :P

Let's put it this way: please can I copy your settings in the future? I found the setup quite suited me (although I'm by no means fast enough it would appear I prefer a somewhat oversteery setup) quite well, just had to adjust my diff settings a bit and it worked really quite well in the dry for me. Slapped on some rear wing for the wet and left everything else unchanged, gave me a pretty solid setup in the rain, too, except for low-speed cornering which sent me spinning a few times.

Been having a look at your suspension settings, I think I haven't quite found the range of slow/fast bump/rebound and how soft/hard to set them yet. I basically know what they (are supposed to) do, maybe I just need some more practice.

Good racing though, I managed to improve my aero damage across the 3 races from 66% to 38% to 20%, pretty much always gathered within the first lap of each race...who needs aero, I had Hobbs'ian mech grip :D

Haha sorry :P Good to hear it worked out well, I'll be sharing my setups more often in that case :)

Giovtec
07-09-2015, 21:43

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Catalunya, Spain with the Formula B car.

Date: 13th September 2015

Race Start: 19:00 UTC (1+59 laps - Standing Start)

Ingame Time: 14:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather Forecast: Partially cloudy then clearing up as we proceed to the end of the race
Weather progression: 1x

IMPORTANT: This race will be the first time we try out our new starting procedure for the open wheelers which is a formation lap into a standing start. We will do some additional “Advanced Training Sessions” before the race (1-2 on saturday and 1-2 on sunday / usually once a week on a thursday 19:00 UTC). You need to attend at least to one “ATS” otherwise you can not participate to the race.

This procedure works as follows:

1. When on the grid no-one moves until instruction is recieved from the race controller.
2. On the race controllers instruction the leader may move off and the warm up lap is underway.
3. All cars must follow the lead car around maintaining the gap to the car in front of them between 0.5 and 2.5 seconds.
4. Before the final corner (or in another appropriate position as determined by the race controller) the call will be made to move to the correct side of the grid in preparation for stopping in your spot.
5. When all cars are on the grid the following call will made by the race controller or another steward “Red..Red..Red....Green” on green the race is a go.

• There is no specific speed limit, the pace of the field is controlled by the lead car
• Brake and tyre warming is perfectly acceptable including the use of burnouts.
• If you spin out during the warm up lap you must stay off the track until the final car has passed you and start from the back of the grid.
• Overtaking on the warm up lap is strictly forbidden.
• When the race controller calls “odds on the left and evens on the right” you must use the position that you are in when the call is made as positions may have changed due to spinners or retirements.
• If a track has the pole position slot on the right hand side of the grid this grid slot is ignored - the pole sitter is always on the left hand side of the grid, this means that the pole driver will use grid slot 2 at certain tracks.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. At the end of the formation lap every driver has to place his car onto his grid box. Then we will proceed with a standing start.

Greetings,

No dislike buttonnn?/ that's not fair... ;)

Edit: sorry I see it. (Report post) :highly_amused:

t0daY
07-09-2015, 21:47
No dislike buttonnn?/ that's not fair... ;)

I did not see your comment ;) :p

gift
07-09-2015, 23:00
Ohhh yes, i love formula cars this gonna be a good race!

falcon2081
08-09-2015, 04:53
Can someone tell these 2 to stop lowering times so much?.....;) So it begins!

Battenberg
08-09-2015, 08:36
It's a little late, but here is my video from winning race 2. I didn't do too well in the other races, so I'll just gloss over them by saying I spun too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9698Yu4XiLE

EDIT: Replaced video with a better version :)

KamyKaze1098
08-09-2015, 09:41
Yay ;)

Coverage time. We can see my great move on the outside of Alex Salmon, and then me loosing control on power and hitting him on the exit of the hairpin (sorry again).

It was a great race and a great battle. In the last turn I didn't knew you were there. I thought you had spun out because I couldn't see you, even when looking to the right :(
That's why I closed the door on you.

It was an hard race with having to struggle with the FFB.

Well done on the win. Great race going through the field ;)

MikeyTT
08-09-2015, 10:07

Sorry, got sidetracked last night.

Tyre wear figures according to the API as I crossed the line to finish the race:
Race 1:
FL - 9
FR - 6
RL - 6
RR - 5

Race 2 (wets in dry):
FL - 8
FR - 8
RL - 5
RR - 6

Race 2 (wets in wet):
FL - 6
FR - 9
RL - 4
RR - 3

Tricky
08-09-2015, 10:10
Here are my videos from Sunday;

Race #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTs1yaG7CU

Close first lap starting from the back, go from 26th to 20th. Gain a couple more from spinners on the second lap.
4:00 Two more spin off, still chasing Pam
5:09 Pam and the cars infront slow each other up and we have a tight series of corners
5:34 Two go off at the hair pin, with a risky rejoin by Papa hitting Miagi
6:00 Get a run on Miagi and pass
7:33 Finally get a run on Pam after some close laps and pass after some side-by-side action
10:19 Side by side with Hobbs through chicane but get the switch back to retake my position

Race #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1QGdB6mr4
Not got time to write notes yet

falcon2081
08-09-2015, 15:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AIF3-wb7c4

Race1 - Very awesome battle between Will, Myself, Alex Salmon. We were the mid pack group and boy was it close from start to finish. Great racing overall.

Race2 - Bad race for me. Tried to make a bold move on Photo that didn't work out in the beginning of the race. Put me in the guardrail. Had to spend the entire race working from last back to 11th place. Arguably I made the sickest pass on Tricky before the last corner on the last lap for 11th place. It starts at 46min on the video.

Race3 - Decent rain race. Worked my way up the field from mid pack. Made some mistakes but I still finished on the podium.

Mirko Tartarotti
08-09-2015, 15:48
Can someone tell these 2 to stop lowering times so much?.....;) So it begins!

Don't underestimate the Italian Stallion, my friend!

My engineer suggested to use really high DF for this weekend, like 8 / 8. Default setup is pretty good, just some adjustment on Differential depending on your driving style. :cool:

falcon2081
08-09-2015, 15:59
Don't underestimate the Italian Stallion, my friend!

My engineer suggested to use really high DF for this weekend, like 8 / 8. Default setup is pretty good, just some adjustment on Differential depending on your driving style. :cool:

I never underestimate any of you!...lol

Tricky
08-09-2015, 16:20
Arguably I made the sickest pass on Tricky before the last corner on the last lap for 11th place. It starts at 46min on the video.

Yeah that was a great move, not much else you could do. I was amazed how much faster you were than me, I mean I was heavier on fuel but still on the straights it was as if you had an extra 20hp. I was slower in the race than practice for some reason.

Giovtec
08-09-2015, 16:37
well, i was going to link my video upload of the last race. but i think my dial-up speed will not let me share it on time. xD

falcon2081
08-09-2015, 16:40
Yeah that was a great move, not much else you could do. I was amazed how much faster you were than me, I mean I was heavier on fuel but still on the straights it was as if you had an extra 20hp. I was slower in the race than practice for some reason.

I took a look at your view. Those 20l of fuel you had left weren't helping you at all. Compared that to mine which was 6l.

Tricky
08-09-2015, 17:08
I took a look at your view. Those 20l of fuel you had left weren't helping you at all. Compared that to mine which was 6l.

Yeah I rather jumped in last minute so didn't know what fuel to run so left it full.

BumperCarrotNL
08-09-2015, 18:43
well, i was going to link my video upload of the last race. but i think my dial-up speed will not let me share it on time. xD

what size is the file? try to keep it to about 3GB max. uploading to YT is always slow.

when i edit a vid i get a massive file (250+ GB) and i compress it down to 2.5GB, i lose a little bit of quality but i don't care that much. on a mobile device it is ofcourse unnoticable
(recording with fraps - editing with Magix - compressing with Handbrake (H.264 codex)

Giovtec
08-09-2015, 18:52
what size is the file? try to keep it to about 3GB max. uploading to YT is always slow.

when i edit a vid i get a massive file (250+ GB) and i compress it down to 2.5GB, i lose a little bit of quality but i don't care that much. on a mobile device it is ofcourse unnoticable
(recording with fraps - editing with Magix - compressing with Handbrake (H.264 codex)

my original file is 50 GB edit#1: and my output file is 6GB and I have option to compress the video too, but as my gameplay quality is always at low settings then the quality is worst :/ not even from a mobile can pass unnoticeable xD

Also my ISP upload speed in my lucky day is 0.5 MB :rolleyes:

edit#2: I got it, wrong output file settings on Premiere. regardless that's a damn slow internet upload speed :mad:...

KamyKaze1098
08-09-2015, 19:56
Any TGC logo with clear background to use in youtube thumbnails??

Pamellaaa
08-09-2015, 22:43
Evening Gents, we have just launched TGC's first post-release league and you are all welcome to sign up, please see more details over on the [TGC-G40] (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38836-Under-Construction-Please-do-not-reply&p=1113280&viewfull=1#post1113280) thread :)

ZiggyUK
08-09-2015, 23:20
[TGC-G40] Ginetta G40 League for PNC & TGC drivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKNIQKG5AQ

video by Tricky

or in New HD Window

217722 (http://www.youtube.com/embed/0LKNIQKG5AQ?vq=hd1080)

video by Tricky

KamyKaze1098
09-09-2015, 10:15
Here is my race edit for the 2nd race of last sunday. Enjoy :) :

http://youtu.be/jH2lxuE-Atc

KamyKaze1098
10-09-2015, 10:06
Regarding the FFB bug I had in the last race, where the white line appears when turning, is this reported?? Can't see it on the known issues list.

It happens sometimes, and it's the second time it happens in a race...

Pamellaaa
10-09-2015, 11:32
Regarding the FFB bug I had in the last race, where the white line appears when turning, is this reported?? Can't see it on the known issues list.

It happens sometimes, and it's the second time it happens in a race...

It has definitely been discussed before and I know Elmo is aware, I have had a quick look and can't find the thread but if you are searching look for the word "canned" as it appears to relate to some left over code where a pre-release version used canned effects.

KamyKaze1098
10-09-2015, 11:38
It has definitely been discussed before and I know Elmo is aware, I have had a quick look and can't find the thread but if you are searching look for the word "canned" as it appears to relate to some left over code where a pre-release version used canned effects.

Can only find older than 1 month threads about it.

Elmo can you confirm this is being looked at??

Pamellaaa
10-09-2015, 11:49
Can only find older than 1 month threads about it.

Elmo can you confirm this is being looked at??

Yeah, the one I was involved in was some time ago, there was a discussion that it might be linked to additional controllers (joysticks, XB1 pad etc) being connected to the PC at the time but there was never a firm workaround found AFAIK, hopefully it has been isolated and will be in the next patch.

Puffpirat
10-09-2015, 17:14
Hey guys I plan to go back to racing on Sunday with this great combo but it seems I missed a thing or two during my trip. I'm still massively jet lagged, 9h time difference is no fun :mask: Is there any chance to get a quick ATS somewhen on Saturday or Sunday? I understand the procedure, probably just need to do it once to get a feel for it :)

Will Fly
10-09-2015, 17:22
my old kart Alex.

Will Fly
10-09-2015, 17:24

Gopher04
10-09-2015, 17:38
Hey guys I plan to go back to racing on Sunday with this great combo but it seems I missed a thing or two during my trip. I'm still massively jet lagged, 9h time difference is no fun :mask: Is there any chance to get a quick ATS somewhen on Saturday or Sunday? I understand the procedure, probably just need to do it once to get a feel for it :)

I'm with puff on this one.

Pamellaaa
10-09-2015, 17:40

I'm with puff on this one.

There is a session tonight and there will be various ones on Saturday and Sunday before the race so there should be plenty of opportunities for everyone to join a session :)

Puffpirat
10-09-2015, 18:11
There is a session tonight and there will be various ones on Saturday and Sunday before the race so there should be plenty of opportunities for everyone to join a session :)
Perfect, I'll hop into TS during the weekend then. Need to get some sleep now, ideally not during the middle of the day ;)

alex salmon
10-09-2015, 18:41
my current 125 gearbox :)

t0daY
10-09-2015, 21:27
Lots of fun today at the ATS. Thank you for everybody who attended, everything went really good (except this one crash at turn 1 :D :D). Additional ATS will be held on saturday and sunday for the formula b race on sunday itself.

Also many thanks for your feedback about the gap situations, the odds left evens right thing and the little "burnouts" before entering the grid box. It is more than gold worth to have people around you giving you a nice feedback about the whole thing. Stay tuned for catalunya :)

See ya on sunday guys :)

blackduckrun
11-09-2015, 04:30
Perfect, I'll hop into TS during the weekend then. Need to get some sleep now, ideally not during the middle of the day ;)

I'll try to attend one as well, even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the race. I do like the combo though. But I also fear that this will be a dip & flip affected race. I just tried to do a longer practice, but it only lasted till lap 21 when D&P struck at the start of the long turn 3, after which the car had a bad case of ANT's. When I tried to drive away the rear hooked up but the fronts were completely disconnected from the road, no steering. If I applied the brakes the wheel pulled strongly to the right. It finally hooked up after a minute or more and when I tried to drive away, D&P again, throwing me into the wall and I gave up.

I'm sure it's all been looked at before but just in case: The Tire Revolution telemetry shows some very strange activity during the D&P; Looking at mine I noticed the RR spins up like it hadn't for any of the other laps, then shortly after FR and RL tires go to significant negative(-) rotation. Telemetry shows similar activity for the second incident, but it was all four tires that time spinning backwards, again preceded by the spinning up of the RR tire. For what it's worth, here's a screenshot. The white lines in the first graph are the previous lap for comparison.

falcon2081
11-09-2015, 04:46
I myself just finished a 32 lap run. I had the dip&flip once on right hander before the final chicane. It was caused by me hitting the curb. Did u by chance do that?

Giovtec
11-09-2015, 05:55
Lots of fun today at the ATS. Thank you for everybody who attended, everything went really good (except this one crash at turn 1 :D :D). Additional ATS will be held on saturday and sunday for the formula b race on sunday itself.

Also many thanks for your feedback about the gap situations, the odds left evens right thing and the little "burnouts" before entering the grid box. It is more than gold worth to have people around you giving you a nice feedback about the whole thing. Stay tuned for catalunya :)

See ya on sunday guys :)

Yehh, it was fun.. like i said i am not too friendly with the "F" :rolleyes: cars but is good from time to time to ride those wild animals :D

BTW nice ping Falcon!! ;)

falcon2081
11-09-2015, 06:13
^Haha that's funny. Updated TT times. Looks like blackduck is going to take it. Oddly enough TT is messed up. The radiator when running in TT stays at 70-80 the whole time even if I close the radiator completely. Seems like a bug. I'm also questioning the tires as well. They feel completely different than when using a private server. Track temps were both the same.

Puffpirat
11-09-2015, 07:28
I'll try to attend one as well, even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the race. I do like the combo though. But I also fear that this will be a dip & flip affected race. I just tried to do a longer practice, but it only lasted till lap 21 when D&P struck at the start of the long turn 3, after which the car had a bad case of ANT's. When I tried to drive away the rear hooked up but the fronts were completely disconnected from the road, no steering. If I applied the brakes the wheel pulled strongly to the right. It finally hooked up after a minute or more and when I tried to drive away, D&P again, throwing me into the wall and I gave up.

I'm sure it's all been looked at before but just in case: The Tire Revolution telemetry shows some very strange activity during the D&P; Looking at mine I noticed the RR spins up like it hadn't for any of the other laps, then shortly after FR and RL tires go to significant negative(-) rotation. Telemetry shows similar activity for the second incident, but it was all four tires that time spinning backwards, again preceded by the spinning up of the RR tire. For what it's worth, here's a screenshot. The white lines in the first graph are the previous lap for comparison.

I had a D&F in exactly the same corner with a LMP2 a while ago. Someone in the D&F thread pointed out its always the left front giving in. Here it's the same. On the occasions I remember it was also always the LF. I know the team is on it, but I honestly can't believe this still isn't fixed with all the evidence we brought up in the last time.

I try to stay patient but this bug has ruined so many races for me and others, it's hard...

blackduckrun
11-09-2015, 14:01
I myself just finished a 32 lap run. I had the dip&flip once on right hander before the final chicane. It was caused by me hitting the curb. Did u by chance do that?

I only have my memory to go by, but I'm quite sure I was still well off the curb when it happened. Telemetry shows the same line, or slightly outside previous lines.

blackduckrun
11-09-2015, 14:51
I had a D&F in exactly the same corner with a LMP2 a while ago. Someone in the D&F thread pointed out its always the left front giving in. Here it's the same. On the occasions I remember it was also always the LF. I know the team is on it, but I honestly can't believe this still isn't fixed with all the evidence we brought up in the last time.

I try to stay patient but this bug has ruined so many races for me and others, it's hard...

I watched as bunch of D&F videos last night and I noticed it was always the right side of the car flipping up. So I watched a bunch more to see if the pattern held. But, the fourth clip down by BumperCarrotNL in this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37995-Dip-amp-Flip-Bug-(recorded-with-Telemetry-HUD)&p=1099295&viewfull=1#post1099295) post shows the left side of the car flipping up.

Pamellaaa
11-09-2015, 15:03
I watched as bunch of D&F videos last night and I noticed it was always the right side of the car flipping up. So I watched a bunch more to see if the pattern held. But, the fourth clip down by BumperCarrotNL in this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37995-Dip-amp-Flip-Bug-(recorded-with-Telemetry-HUD)&p=1099295&viewfull=1#post1099295) post shows the left side of the car flipping up.

Is it likely the disparity between left and right is because the majority of tracks are clockwise and therefore tyre wear and temperatures are commonly more extreme on the left hand side of cars, if it isn't an absolute that it is always one one side but it is significantly more common on one side than the other then it might still be useful information if it links the issue back to tyre wear or something else related to the direction of racing around the track.

Puffpirat
11-09-2015, 15:06

always when you think you have a hint or clue... :confused: Sorry for the rant earlier. The pessimist in me sees a beautiful combo being ruined by this bug on sunday, the optimist just wants to have a good race :)

blackduckrun
11-09-2015, 15:12
Is it likely the disparity between left and right is because the majority of tracks are clockwise and therefore tyre wear and temperatures are commonly more extreme on the left hand side of cars, if it isn't an absolute that it is always one one side but it is significantly more common on one side than the other then it might still be useful information if it links the issue back to tyre wear or something else related to the direction of racing around the track.

Excellent point.

MelBonkers
12-09-2015, 07:45

To the organizers: I would like to join the race on Sunday, but didnt had the warmup and race start sessions you had on Thursday. Am I not allowed to join the race? If so, will there be a possibility for people that haven't had the starting procedure test to try this on Sunday pre-race?

Martin G Webb
12-09-2015, 07:51
To the organizers: I would like to join the race on Sunday, but didnt had the warmup and race start sessions you had on Thursday. Am I not allowed to join the race? If so, will there be a possibility for people that haven't had the starting procedure test to try this on Sunday pre-race?

Mo, there will be a pre-race ATS session for members that haven't had the opportunity to experience the new start procedure.

t0daY
12-09-2015, 08:56
*double post - look below*

KamyKaze1098
12-09-2015, 09:04
Just a bit of feedback (before even trying it :P )

Having to maintain a gap of no more than 1.5 seconds and being able to do braking and burnouts won't coexist very nicely :P

I'll be around today to do my ATS session ;)

t0daY
12-09-2015, 09:12

Having to maintain a gap of no more than 1.5 seconds and being able to do braking and burnouts won't coexist very nicely :P

Still Approximately. If you are 0,3 seconds or 2 seconds off is totally okay :)

Also burnouts are only allowed on the S/F Line when everybody is slowing down anyways to form up into the grid box. It works perfectly the last few ATS dont worry :P

miagi
12-09-2015, 09:13

That should be a guide, if you don't hold up the guys behind you too much, so they don't have to rush it towards the end of the lap, and you're on time for the formation, everything is okay. Heating up the brakes is very important, but dragging em is the best way to heat it up. About Burnouts, you can spin the tires when you start off the grid, but if you spin you start last, so watch out :D

t0daY
12-09-2015, 10:21

Mo, there will be a pre-race ATS session for members that haven't had the opportunity to experience the new start procedure.

Martin is right There will be 2 additional ATS on saturday (today) and 1 additional ATS on sunday (before the race).

Here are the timing I was thinking of:

Saturday, 12th September
1st ATS, 12:00 UTC
2nd ATS, 16:00 UTC

Sunday, 13th September
1st ATS, 16:00 UTC

Here are again the basic rules of the new starting procedure:

The TGC standing start procedure works as follows:

When on the grid no-one moves until instruction is recieved from the race controller.
On the race controllers instruction the leader may move off and the warm up lap is underway.
All cars must follow the lead car around maintaining the gap to the car in front of them approximately between 0.5 and 1.5 seconds.
Before the final corner (or in another appropriate position as determined by the race controller) the call "Odds on the left, evens on the right" will be made to move to the correct side of the grid in preparation for stopping in your spot.
When all cars are on the grid the following call will made by the race controller or another steward “Red..Red..Red....Green” on green the race is a go.

There is no specific speed limit, the pace of the field is controlled by the lead car.
Brake and tyre warming is perfectly acceptable including spinning up the tyres.
If you spin out during the warm up lap you must stay off the track until the final car has passed you and start from the back of the grid.
Overtaking on the warm up lap is strictly forbidden.
When the race controller calls “odds on the left and evens on the right” you must use the position that you are in when the call is made as positions may have changed due to spinners or retirements.
If a track has the pole position slot on the right hand side of the grid this grid slot is ignored - the pole sitter is always on the left hand side of the grid, this means that the pole driver will use grid slot 2 at certain tracks. (screenshots below)

Gridbox P1 on the left side:
217929 217930

Gridbox P1 on the right side:
217931 217932

(Many thanks for Photonenbert and Meitz for helping me doing the screenshots :p)

See ya all in 2 hours for the first ATS of the day :)

Neil Bateman
12-09-2015, 11:51
I missed thursdays ATS meet due to work, and again i am at work till 5PM (4 UTC) today and tomorrow so cannot attend the 3 additional meets.

Do they all have to be in the afternoon or can we arrange a meet for the usual 7 UTC or even 6 UTC, otherwise i will not be eligible for sundays race.

t0daY
12-09-2015, 12:36
First ATS of the day is up :) We are waiting another 5 minutes then we start, so still time left :p

t0daY
12-09-2015, 12:45
I missed thursdays ATS meet due to work, and again i am at work till 5PM (4 UTC) today and tomorrow so cannot attend the 3 additional meets.

Do they all have to be in the afternoon or can we arrange a meet for the usual 7 UTC or even 6 UTC, otherwise i will not be eligible for sundays race.

We can work sth out here. We are usually doin 2 races that means you could join only the second one around 17 UTC. Otherwise we can arrange a smaller session mb a 1:1 session and I talk you through everything :)

blackduckrun
12-09-2015, 16:10
My Teamspeak permissions have either expired, or been removed. Maybe another time then.

t0daY
12-09-2015, 16:12
My Teamspeak permissions have either expired, or been removed. Maybe another time then.

Come online again, I will check it.

Neil Bateman
12-09-2015, 18:29
Big thanks to Pam, Kman, Checamon and tomorrow, sorry t0day for running the ATS at short notice tonight, very much appreciated.:cool:

wodm
13-09-2015, 00:29
@t0daY seen your steam message this evening, been busy so didn't see it until you were offline, sorry.,

x ImJakeyy
13-09-2015, 06:18
Hopefully should make it home from Donington today before the FB race, will be pushing it to make a setup though.

Puffpirat
13-09-2015, 14:53
Guys I'm a bit short on preparation time. Any infos on fuel consumption and tire wear?

t0daY
13-09-2015, 15:32
Guys I'm a bit short on preparation time. Any infos on fuel consumption and tire wear?

We did for this race, as usual :p, tests with 10 laps race simulation. Here we go:

Fuel consumption: around 1,6 lites per lap
Tire Wear: FL 18 // FR 8 // RL 11 // RR 10
Fastest Time: I think Falcon is leading with a 1:27,400 but I am not sure.

For all the information again, you need to attend at least to one ATS to race today at catalunya. Last ATS today will be in 30minutes. See ya :)

t0daY
13-09-2015, 15:36

No shit you got a 1,26,500 why do I give you informations :D :D you are 1 second faster than everybody so far I guess :D :D shit aliens..... :D :D

Puffpirat
13-09-2015, 15:41
Just a quick and dirty lap yesterday ;) that was with the yiro medium. Not sure if I don't switch to the faretti (!?) soft because it's a lot easier to drive. But yeah running out of time, need to squeeze in the practice session now and eat and wash and stuff :)

I had good real life practice, Santa Monica mountains and the TTS, of course all within the speed limit :rolleyes:

t0daY
13-09-2015, 15:44
Just a quick and dirty lap yesterday ;) that was with the yiro medium. Not sure if I don't switch to the faretti (!?) soft because it's a lot easier to drive. But yeah running out of time, need to squeeze in the practice session now and eat and wash and stuff :)

I had good real life practice, Santa Monica mountains and the TTS, of course all within the speed limit :rolleyes:

Do not forget the ATS in 20 minutes. Otherwise you can not drive with us I am afraid (well actually not, 1 alien less! :D :D)

Puffpirat
13-09-2015, 15:47
Do not forget the ATS in 20 minutes. Otherwise you can not drive with us I am afraid (well actually not, 1 alien less! :D :D)
Yeah I thought you would be very strict with me :p PC is up and running now.

MikeyTT
13-09-2015, 17:28
I'll be streaming again tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvkfMz1NlAk

falcon2081
13-09-2015, 19:42
Here's my awesome race from today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxtZn90A00

Gopher04
13-09-2015, 20:56
Jeez that was bad Falcon, feel for you man, that was very bad awareness from the car on the right.

t0daY
13-09-2015, 21:07
Sh** happens :( Feel also sorry for you Falcon...

FlyingKman
13-09-2015, 21:11
wow falcon that's not cool, also mikeTT i hated that i messed up your race with the dip and flip. it just shot me against the wall and into the track sorry buddy. other than that wow what a good race to watch manu and puff fighting it out was so good.

Iceman07
13-09-2015, 21:35
Race Results

Some guys are missing:

I think Today was on P5

I'll upload a replay file, for those who want to watch the race again, but I think that some cars will be missing.

Iceman07
13-09-2015, 21:43
I had a pretty good race and it was a lot of fun ;)

I was not very confident with keeping the car on track, so I decided to try to drive save and consistent and it did work pretty well.
After a bad start on my side I lost some positions. But I didn't make any major mistakes during the whole race, so I was gaining a lot of positions from others having troubles. I did two pitstops for new Soft tires in lap 20 and lap 41. After the second stop I ended up in P3 with Will 9 sec behind me. He got closer and closer and was only 2 sec behind me 3 laps before finish. So I tried everything to keep him behind to finish on the podium and I drove my fastest race laps in those last laps and could keep him behind me.

Its sad that so many people had problems and had to retire from the race, but still thanks for racing tonight!

MelBonkers
13-09-2015, 21:48
Well, that was an eventfull race. I qualified 7th and started 5th as Will and someone else had damage in the warmup lap. After the start I held on to P5 and everything went well, until I went to 1st instead of 2nd for T1 and I spun the car. Went to the pits after that as I had some damage. Then I restarted my race and had several spins where I damaged the car multiple occasions. In the end the race was fun as I fought with Oki for the last position. I have to apologize to Oki for the nose-rear touch. Sorry you went of track after our touch. Although I think my race was ok-ish, I think I like GT and non-formula cars better ;-). However, next time I'll definitely be there again :D

cluck
13-09-2015, 21:57
I couldn't believe it when I looked at the hud and saw I was only half-way through the race. By that stage I was already knackered! I had a good race, helped in large part by those retiring ahead of me. I qualified 16th (I think) and quickly found myself in the top 10, chasing 7th position. Then I spun, through my own fault. It was, at this point, I think I let fly a little bit of foul language - not aimed at anybody but myself. For that, I apologise unreservedly - I do tend to 'wear my heart on my sleeve' and forget that our races can and are broadcast to the public. I pulled my (virtual) socks up and set about the race again, somehow finding myself in 2nd place, albeit 2 minutes behind Puffpirate :o.

On the point of my swearing and stopping it from being broadcast, I have my mic set to voice-detect. I only have 2 buttons on my wheel and all the buttons on the button-box are fully assigned, so I can't set up a push-to-talk. I do have a switch on the headset but I am led to believe that sends a nasty crackle through TS whenever I switch it on and off. I think it will be the only option though, to ensure videos of our races don't include my outbursts in future.

Also, Today, there was a bit of chat during the parade lap from myself and Jakey - it was only because we were trying to work out which position we should be in. After Mikey hit his invisible wall, I lost track of what my actual position should be and I was checking with Jakey who of us should have been in front. I am conscious that we need to keep chatter on the parade lap to a minimum but I thought I should explain why that particular conversation was taking place tonight.

Other than a couple of spins, I had a fantastic race and more than happy with 2nd place :D. Fastest lap was a 1m28.something, which wasn't bad for a default setup :D.

Battenberg
13-09-2015, 22:10
I thought I was doing quite well running in a battle for 6th, until a rear corner collapsed on Lap 23. I didn't get the final results window pop up, so I couldn't save my replay & thus see an external view of what happened. I've slapped a video together of it from my live recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ld-aEA9Ac

Jakey, did you say you had one on Lap 23 too? I think there was a 3rd person who had one around about the same time?

miagi
13-09-2015, 22:34
So here is my race. In lap 38 had a solid 3rd place going, my car spun on the exit of the second to last corner. Couldn't do anything about it. It spun on the astro or kerb like they were wet. Too bad.

http://youtu.be/AZAL9quRR8g
35:30 - Accidentally did the dick move of the year on MikeTT. Really sorry, I was looking on my mirror and nearly crashed into that car myself.

Here are the wild and funny things that happen to me in the quali, a must see!

http://youtu.be/u5pa0eZa6yA
All you can see there is done by the AI!
At 0:46 you can see the AIs opinion about Jakeys driving line.

The upcoming week from 14. to 20. I'm at the IAA ( (http://www.iaa.de/)Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung), (http://www.iaa.de/)our University and Formula Student Racing team (HAWKS Racing) have a little stand, so if someone of you is there, come over and visit us!

Hall 4, Stand C32

cluck
13-09-2015, 22:49
That astroturf on the track edge, just before the last corner, is spin-central. 9 times out of 10, if I went wide and touched the throttle with a wheel on that stuff, I'd spin. Shame it spat you into the pit wall and ended your race though :(.

By the way, I slowed to let you past as I had gone a bit wide and gained an unfair advantage doing so (it meant I carried a bit more speed than I should and I was definitely all 4 wheels outside the track limits).

Papa H
13-09-2015, 23:10
Was driving to the right of the grid when someone came across and put me into the wall on the right side, start straightaway. wasnt going to push it through turn 1 as on right side,

i didnt get a chance to save replay , dont know who hit me but i could see my left rear tyre missing. oh well a weeks practice gone in 400 metres.

falcon2081
13-09-2015, 23:41
i didnt get a chance to save replay , dont know who hit me but i could see my left rear tyre missing. oh well a weeks practice gone in 400 metres.

Can't be as bad as mine lol. Cheer up. Things happen, all we can do is move on and race another day.

Puffpirat
14-09-2015, 07:21
Was driving to the right of the grid when someone came across and put me into the wall on the right side, start straightaway. wasnt going to push it through turn 1 as on right side,

I understand your feelings, I've been there too. Just mute the mic or use push2talk if you really have to let them out :)

cluck
14-09-2015, 07:56
I've remembered now why I went to 'detect voice' in TS. I have had a couple of races where I completely forgot to enable the Mic when making call-outs to other drivers. Also, in the heat of a battle, it is difficult to take one hand off the wheel, fumble around for the mic switch (it's on the headset cable) and switch it on, only to have to switch it off again a second or two later. I'm curious, can TS be set to work from a joystick command then? If so, I might bodge the old G25 shifter to fit somewhere and use the 'pull back' switch on its sequential mode as 'push to talk'.

On a semi-related note, to t0day. Never be afraid to remind us of what you expect from us as drivers and as gentlemen. Yes, we may joke a little and say "boo :(" when you scold us but without discipline, there will be chaos and that is not a path we want to go down. I have a habit of crossing the line (no pun intended) on too regular a basis in my dealings with people (outside of my professional capacity) and I'm sure there are others that might do the same. I took some jokes a little too far last night mostly in boredom and frustration at Steam being so damn flakey all day and, for that, I also apologise to t0day, the other organisers of TGC and to my fellow drivers. I can't promise it won't happen again (I'm human and an ever so slightly childish 43 ;)) but I will at least attempt to be a little more respectful during the race build-up :). This is especially pertinent given that the proper league racing is getting underway this week.

With that out of the way, can I just say again how much fun last night's race was. It was a long race, at times quite lonely, but a huge amount of fun nonetheless. It's a shame that some of the guys up front either got hit by bugs or hit by those experiencing those bugs. Without those I suspect my finishing position would have been slightly more befitting my laptimes ;).

Pamellaaa
14-09-2015, 08:28
I've remembered now why I went to 'detect voice' in TS. I have had a couple of races where I completely forgot to enable the Mic when making call-outs to other drivers. Also, in the heat of a battle, it is difficult to take one hand off the wheel, fumble around for the mic switch (it's on the headset cable) and switch it on, only to have to switch it off again a second or two later. I'm curious, can TS be set to work from a joystick command then? If so, I might bodge the old G25 shifter to fit somewhere and use the 'pull back' switch on its sequential mode as 'push to talk'.

I think you can set any input from any input device as push to talk, I have been able to use keyboard and wheel buttons before so if you have anything within easy reach its a good option.

NemethR
14-09-2015, 08:40
Sorry for dropping out yesterday, my game crashed (Unhandled exeption).

I don't know what that was, I only had this a few times, since the game is out, but this weekend I had like 10 of it. :(
Looked to be a good race tough.

cluck
14-09-2015, 08:44
I think you can set any input from any input device as push to talk, I have been able to use keyboard and wheel buttons before so if you have anything within easy reach its a good option.Cheers Pamellaaa, I'll see if I can bodge the old shifter to be within easy reach. It's one thing I found frustrating with the TH8RS shifter, in that there are no buttons on it :(.

MikeyTT
14-09-2015, 13:43
Although ending in retirement I thought I would post up my eventful laps till that point. Actually the end is well worth a watch if you can't be bothered with the rest of it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT7tC_Ldr8Y

Event Highlights
00:12 - Hit invisible wall on start grid
02:52 - Nearly hit Will Fly as I get spat out of the pit lane
03:20 - Race start from P23 now
03:30 - Start line incident means I gain a few places to P20 by T1
03:55 - Pass FlyingKman after he runs wide
04:10 - Pass BumperCarrot as he's off the circuit
04:15 - Get a good run through the corner and pass Will Fly, then cut back to the inside and outbrake Oki for P16
04:40 - Pass Nemeth as he's off track
05:30 - Get a great exit and pass Photonenbert for P14
05:50 - Another great exit, bit of drafting and outbrake Iceman for P13 and then pass Battenberg for P12 as he's off on the inside of the circuit
06:20 - Pass Jakey, after he had a moment and line gift up for a pass down the straight.
06:30 - Make a meal of outdragging gift, and it's almost complete by T1. I get a huge slide on, and it looks like gift follows and exits stage right. Mohammed is off to the right also, so that's now up to P9
07:40 - Neil loses it in the last corner complex and I gain a position to P8
08:10 - Brake a little late for T1, run wide and get a track cut penalty. Both Jakey and Neil gain their positions back. P10 again, or maybe P11. Iceman wants his place back, so I full throttle to the outside of the track and try to keep him at bay. Next corner or so we swap 10th and 11th a few times.
09:10 - Cluck loses it in the last complex of turns and I gain a position to P9
10:20 - DrKabel loses it, so P8 it is now
11:15 - Cut back under Neil to regain the position, now sat in P7
11:50 - Jakey has a spectacular spin through the fast right and hands me P6
15:40 - Slingshot miagi and take the outside line, so I have the inside for the slower right. Brake deep to stop miagi doing the same and fire it out up the hill in P5
17:40 - Right on Dio's tail now. He drops oil in the turn and... He drops marbles from a secret compartment... Actually I just get caught in the dirty air, lose the rear and spear into the wall :( Have a hell of a job getting back to the pits and lose huge amounts of time.
19:55 - Finally back in the pits and down to P15
23:55 - Pass a couple of people as they pit
25:35 - Pass Will Fly on the inside to unlap myself
36:55 - Behind miagi now, figure I'll unlap myself from him too
37:15 - Lining miagi up on the straight so I can ease a pass into T1
37:17 - Hmmmmmm, is that a wheel?
37:18 - WTF!! Car!!
FlyingKman got hit with a game bug and stopped on the main straight, miagi was looking behind at me and didn't see the incident in front. At the last minute he moves out of the way and I didn't. OR at least that's what miagi says. I think he led me into a carefully constructed trap, but then that's conspiracy territory ;) The end result is my car was totalled, so I had to retire from the race.

Not really wanting to criticise SMS, as I know they are working on the bugs, or the TGC organisers who do a great job, but I think until these issues are resolved, dip 'n flip mainly, should we consider just running multiple shorter events like the Oulton one last week? As much as I enjoy these long races, they are all marred with drivers having bug issues. How many drivers had "oddities" that either forced them out of the race, or ruined any hope of a good finish?

If I hadn't had the start issue, I would like to think I had a good race pace to stay with the lead few. I dropped it to lose a wheel, yes that's my stupid fault, but I was taken out of the race on lap 22 of 59, by a bug happening to FlyingKman. I spent a fair bit of time this week to make sure I had a good chance on Sunday, but it was all, well mostly, ruined by current bugs.

I won't not race these long events, but I don't think I'll be putting the time in to get a good race setup, as it really is pretty demoralising when the race is ruined by things/bugs outside of your control (human error aside of course).

Giovtec
14-09-2015, 14:02
FlyingKman got hit with a game bug and stopped on the main straight, miagi was looking behind at me and didn't see the incident in front. At the last minute he moves out of the way and I didn't. OR at least that's what miagi says. I think he led me into a carefully constructed trap, but then that's conspiracy territory. The end result is my car was totalled, so I had to retire from the race.

I was watching the live stream and funny enough it did look like that was miagi intention, but we will have to "trust" :P miagi's word ;)

IMO it will be better stop new DLC's and make sure all tracks and cars at this date have no problems, otherwise this will never end. = (new car, new bug-new track,new bug)

Anyways thanks for the stream!

MikeyTT
14-09-2015, 14:11
I was watching the live stream and funny enough it did look like that was miagi intention, but we will have to "trust" :P miagi's word ;)

IMO it will be better stop new DLC's and make sure all tracks and cars at this date have no problems, otherwise this will never end. = (new car, new bug-new track,new bug)

Anyways thanks for the stream!

I'm sure we can trust miagi. Just not sure how comfortable I'll be following that closely in future tho ;)

Out of interest how does the stream look/behave when you're watching it live? After switching to YouTube from Twitch I've not done any proper testing of how it performs.

Giovtec
14-09-2015, 14:20
I'm sure we can trust miagi. Just not sure how comfortable I'll be following that closely in future tho ;)

Out of interest how does the stream look/behave when you're watching it live? After switching to YouTube from Twitch I've not done any proper testing of how it performs.

It was fine i didn't have any issues with it, i believe you only stream with the in-game sound, although my friend's connection its like mine (painfully slow) so i couldn't watch in 720p :/ but overall. it was good stream! :D

MikeyTT
14-09-2015, 14:38
It was fine i didn't have any issues with it, i believe you only stream with the in-game sound, although my friend's connection its like mine (painfully slow) so i couldn't watch in 720p :/ but overall. it was good stream! :D

That's good, thanks. Yes I used to stream the TS audio too, but decided for the final videos it wasn't the best considering some of the conversations, etc. I figured if anyone from the TGC is watching they could fire up TS and listen in anyway.

Papa H
14-09-2015, 14:52
Although ending in retirement I thought I would post up my eventful laps till that point. Actually the end is well worth a watch if you can't be bothered with the rest of it ;)

Event Highlights
02:52 - Nearly hit Will Fly as I get spat out of the pit lane
03:20 - Race start from P23 now
03:30 - Start line incident means I gain a few places to P20 by T1
03:55 - Pass FlyingKman after he runs wide
04:10 - Pass BumperCarrot as he's off the circuit
04:15 - Get a good run through the corner and pass Will Fly, then cut back to the inside and outbrake Oki for P16
04:40 - Pass Nemeth as he's off track
05:30 - Get a great exit and pass Photonenbert for P14
05:50 - Another great exit, bit of drafting and outbrake Iceman for P13 and then pass Battenberg for P12 as he's off on the inside of the circuit
06:20 - Pass Jakey, after he had a moment and line gift up for a pass down the straight.
06:30 - Make a meal of outdragging gift, and it's almost complete by T1. I get a huge slide on, and it looks like gift follows and exits stage right. Mohammed is off to the right also, so that's now up to P9
07:40 - Neil loses it in the last corner complex and I gain a position to P8
08:10 - Brake a little late for T1, run wide and get a track cut penalty. Both Jakey and Neil gain their positions back. P10 again, or maybe P11. Iceman wants his place back, so I full throttle to the outside of the track and try to keep him at bay. Next corner or so we swap 10th and 11th a few times.
09:10 - Cluck loses it in the last complex of turns and I gain a position to P9
10:20 - DrKabel loses it, so P8 it is now
11:15 - Cut back under Neil to regain the position, now sat in P7
11:50 - Jakey has a spectacular spin through the fast right and hands me P6
15:40 - Slingshot miagi and take the outside line, so I have the inside for the slower right. Brake deep to stop miagi doing the same and fire it out up the hill in P5
17:40 - Right on Dio's tail now. He drops oil in the turn and... He drops marbles from a secret compartment... Actually I just get caught in the dirty air, lose the rear and spear into the wall :( Have a hell of a job getting back to the pits and lose huge amounts of time.
19:55 - Finally back in the pits and down to P15
23:55 - Pass a couple of people as they pit
25:35 - Pass Will Fly on the inside to unlap myself
36:55 - Behind miagi now, figure I'll unlap myself from him too
FlyingKman got hit with a game bug and stopped on the main straight, miagi was looking behind at me and didn't see the incident in front. At the last minute he moves out of the way and I didn't. OR at least that's what miagi says. I think he led me into a carefully constructed trap, but then that's conspiracy territory ;) The end result is my car was totalled, so I had to retire from the race.

Not really wanting to criticise SMS, as I know they are working on the bugs, or the TGC organisers who do a great job, but I think until these issues are resolved, dip 'n flip mainly, should we consider just running multiple shorter events like the Oulton one last week? As much as I enjoy these long races, they are all marred with drivers having bug issues. How many drivers had "oddities" that either forced them out of the race, or ruined any hope of a good finish?

If I hadn't had the start issue, I would like to think I had a good race pace to stay with the lead few. I dropped it to lose a wheel, yes that's my stupid fault, but I was taken out of the race on lap 22 of 59, by a bug happening to FlyingKman. I spent a fair bit of time this week to make sure I had a good chance on Sunday, but it was all, well mostly, ruined by current bugs.

I won't not race these long events, but I don't think I'll be putting the time in to get a good race setup, as it really is pretty demoralising when the race is ruined by things/bugs outside of your control (human error aside of course).

thanks for posting this it shows Falcon on the left in the 1st race incident, then me 300m further on the rigt side, maybe further ATS training is required for the guilty parties..lol

Giovtec
14-09-2015, 15:08
That's good, thanks. Yes I used to stream the TS audio too, but decided for the final videos it wasn't the best considering some of the conversations, etc. I figured if anyone from the TGC is watching they could fire up TS and listen in anyway.

ahh, i was going to try that TS with your video, but there is a delay for the stream isn't?

gift
14-09-2015, 15:15

ahhh you had problems on the exit of T1, i am not sure if the slide was cause by me because i hit you then i lost control of my car and landed in the barrier at the right side which thanks to a lost tire ended my race :/

well i had no issues at all otherwise. everything worked fine for me in the practices and the race.

MikeyTT
14-09-2015, 15:29
ahh, i was going to try that TS with your video, but there is a delay for the stream isn't?

Ahh, yes that's true, forgot about that. Just means you get an insight into what's coming up ;)

ahhh you had problems on the exit of T1, i am not sure if the slide was cause by me because i hit you then i lost control of my car and landed in the barrier at the right side which thanks to a lost tire ended my race :/

well i had no issues at all otherwise. everything worked fine for me in the practices and the race.

I'm not sure if you hit me or not. There is definitely a noise when you watch the video, of some contact. I didn't feel it as such, but it might have explained my initial slide. If you hit me then don't worry about it, no harm done, just a shame you retired in that way. If I did catch you with my slide, then I'm very sorry, I certainly didn't intend to knock you off, and ruin your race.

falcon2081
14-09-2015, 15:59
My only complaint when it comes to TS is people are not setting up their noise gate. I'm honestly getting tired of having to hear mouth breathers, mic hiss, wheels that appear to be doing a death rattle, etc during the race. Go into options and in the mic capture tab set your noise gate at least +5db. If people do this before the race we will not have any of these mic issues.:)

t0daY
14-09-2015, 16:03
My only complaint when it comes to TS is people are not setting up their noise gate. I'm honestly getting tired of having to hear mouth breathers, mic hiss, wheels that appear to be doing a death rattle, etc during the race. Go into options and in the mic capture tab set your noise gate at least +5db.

Well just use "Push to talk". Also then you think twice before you are saying something because you have to push a button first. And yes I agree, it is disturbing if you can hear every gear shift, breathing or other things while racing :/

cluck
14-09-2015, 16:07
My only complaint when it comes to TS is people are not setting up their noise gate. I'm honestly getting tired of having to hear mouth breathers, mic hiss, wheels that appear to be doing a death rattle, etc during the race. Go into options and in the mic capture tab set your noise gate at least +5db.I'll take a look at that setting when I get home - I have no idea what it is but if I'm one of the guilty ones then hopefully that setting should alleviate some of it :). Mind you, I should be enabling push-to-talk to get around it anyway.

I'm sure some of us wouldn't have known if were causing a problem for others - after all, we can't hear what our own mics are picking up.

(ps. I may well be one of the aforementioned "mouth breathers" as I have serious problems with breathing through my nose - and have had problems since birth)

t0daY
14-09-2015, 16:11
I'll take a look at that setting when I get home - I have no idea what it is but if I'm one of the guilty ones then hopefully that setting should alleviate some of it :). Mind you, I should be enabling push-to-talk to get around it anyway.

I'm sure some of us wouldn't have known if were causing a problem for others - after all, we can't hear what our own mics are picking up.

(ps. I may well be one of the aforementioned "mouth breathers" as I have serious problems with breathing through my nose - and have had problems since birth)

Easy thing for ya cluck... just stop breathing for the whole race... simple as that ;) :D :D

cluck
14-09-2015, 16:22
Easy thing for ya cluck... just stop breathing for the whole race... simple as that ;) :D :DI've already started practicing. I started holding my breath 5 minu

falcon2081
14-09-2015, 16:27
Well just use "Push to talk". Also then you think twice before you are saying something because you have to push a button first. And yes I agree, it is disturbing if you can hear every gear shift, breathing or other things while racing :/

I like many others don't like using "push to talk". What I do have is set the mute to a button. In case I need to yell bad words lol. But then again I'm pretty reserved when it comes to that stuff during the heat of the moment.

I'll take a look at that setting when I get home - I have no idea what it is but if I'm one of the guilty ones then hopefully that setting should alleviate some of it :). Mind you, I should be enabling push-to-talk to get around it anyway.

Here look at the picture I have provided you. You should be able to set this no problem now for the next race. :) As you can see my noise gate is set to +5db on the scale. When I had it at 0db you could hear my shifting and sometimes breathing too.

Iceman07
14-09-2015, 16:36
Here is the replay file for those who want to watch it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ITZvdym_HOZTVjUTFQbG45Nlk/view

And thats probably the "invisible wall" you were crashing Mikey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy2KoMAFXTI&feature=youtu.be

falcon2081
14-09-2015, 16:39
On another related note. I will need 10 of you at least for some more replay testing. If anyone can make it tomorrow at 19UTC that would be perfect. Or on Wednesday even if you can log in around 17UTC that would be fine too. This replay stuff will only take about an hour of your time. I just want to be able to replicate the issues with the replay for Elmo and send him the report. So any help is appreciated.

falcon2081
14-09-2015, 16:41
Here is the replay file for those who want to watch it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ITZvdym_HOZTVjUTFQbG45Nlk/view

Its not working.

MikeyTT
14-09-2015, 16:51
And thats probalby the "invisible wall" you were crashing Mikey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy2KoMAFXTI&feature=youtu.be

I've heard of leaving rubber on the start line, but your entire car !?!?

So it that some kind of connection bug going on or something else. Can't say I've ever seen that before.

cluck
14-09-2015, 17:01
I've never seen the car appear in a replay, but 'phantom cars on the grid' have occurred before - I had that once when I joined a race that lollygag retired out of just as the race started. His car wasn't visible but I hit it.

t0daY
14-09-2015, 17:13
My point of view for the start :O Almost got hit by the rear tire of papa H cars :D I am a lucky bastard :D :D

(My awesome fight with puffpirat will upload this night, it was more than amazing! Thanks for that puffpirat :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB101WmQ4HE

Puffpirat
14-09-2015, 17:23
I've heard of leaving rubber on the start line, but your entire car !?!?

So it that some kind of connection bug going on or something else. Can't say I've ever seen that before.
Oh wow first miagis "accidental" move ;) now we find out I also dropped a car on you. Sorry mate

Iceman07
14-09-2015, 17:27
Its not working.

Did you put it in the correct game folder, and open it in the game?

falcon2081
14-09-2015, 17:33
Did you put it in the correct game folder, and open it in the game?

The link wasn't working so I could not download it. Seems to be back up now though. Got it thanks.

MikeyTT
14-09-2015, 17:33
Oh wow first miagis "accidental" move ;) now we find out I also dropped a car on you. Sorry mate

I'm leaning a lot more to there being a conspiracy at play here ;)

Might have to recheck the footage with Dio, to see if there wasn't a wind machine or oil slick on that turn to throw me off ;)

AlexOki
14-09-2015, 18:53
I had this in my race I slowly was pulled up into this position. Nothing could be done at this point but fortunately for me someone bumped into my rear and I was able to carry on. Sorry to who ever bumped into me

t0daY
14-09-2015, 19:36

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Road America, USA with the Sauber C9.

Date: 20th September 2015

Race Start: 19:00 UTC (1+39 laps - Flying Start)

Ingame Time: 07:00
Time progression: 2x
Weather Forecast: A partly sunny morning is anticipated
Weather progression: 2x

Gentlemen Agreement:

(1) For this event we will limit the wastegate pressure to the default setting (1,70 bar). This agreement will also take place in the official practice
session and the following official qualifying.

(2) At the beginning of the official practice session (18:30 UTC) we will start to reduce the chat to a total minimum. In the formation lap itself only the
race directors should talk and give important information to the drivers. In case of an incident there is absolutely no reason to express your anger in the
teamspeak. You can retire to the pits and watch the race or even help others by marshalling. Discussions about the race, incidents or lapping should
take place after the race.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after turn 13 (Bill Mitchell Bend).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGMFYN6g_M

Oldy but goldy - the Sauber-Mercedes C9. Who is going for the Group C crown?

Greetings,

Puffpirat
14-09-2015, 19:53
Gentlemen Agreement:

(1) For this event we will limit the wastegate pressure to the default setting (1,70 bar). This agreement will also take place in the official practice
session and the following official qualifying.
I hear ya :angel::o

Keithb23
15-09-2015, 02:46
Sorry for a slight 'spam' folks, but for those of you who know me, I've posted some thoughts on a thread regarding a member of WMD's loss of a friend to suicide. I post this link here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39204-I-lost-a-dear-friend-today&p=1118857&viewfull=1#post1118857) because I shared the fact that it is the TGC that has played a very large role in my ongoing recovery from a clinical depression that has spanned most of my life. You guys probably don't realize how much your friendships have meant to me and I wanted to share with others what a great organization the TGC is.

Once again, sorry for the off-topic, but I wanted to acknowledge 'all'a'ya'all' and say thanks for being the crazy, mad, bonkers group that you are and for being so accepting of a painfully polite Canuck from across the pond. :P

falcon2081
15-09-2015, 04:19
Sorry for a slight 'spam' folks, but for those of you who know me, I've posted some thoughts on a thread regarding a member of WMD's loss of a friend to suicide. I post this link here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39204-I-lost-a-dear-friend-today&p=1118857&viewfull=1#post1118857) because I shared the fact that it is the TGC that has played a very large role in my ongoing recovery from a clinical depression that has spanned most of my life. You guys probably don't realize how much your friendships have meant to me and I wanted to share with others what a great organization the TGC is.

Once again, sorry for the off-topic, but I wanted to acknowledge 'all'a'ya'all' and say thanks for being the crazy, mad, bonkers group that you are and for being so accepting of a painfully polite Canuck from across the pond. :P

In all seriousness here if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here and am sure many of the other guys as well. TGC is indeed like a family and we take care of everyone. Cheers.:D

NemethR
15-09-2015, 07:47

Hello Gentlemen...

Ohh, you made me happy.
One of my favorite track with one of my favorite cars in the game :)

Thank you Mr. Today, Mr. Photon, and Mr. Kman.

Elmo
15-09-2015, 17:18
On another related note. I will need 10 of you at least for some more replay testing. If anyone can make it tomorrow at 19UTC that would be perfect. Or on Wednesday even if you can log in around 17UTC that would be fine too. This replay stuff will only take about an hour of your time. I just want to be able to replicate the issues with the replay for Elmo and send him the report. So any help is appreciated.

A little push for this. Would be very appreciated.

It is still a bit unknown what causes the issues. Falcon send me already a bunch of hints, but a dedicated test is needed to really nail down what the causes are.

cluck
15-09-2015, 17:19
Count me in :)

Puffpirat
15-09-2015, 17:30

It is still a bit unknown what causes the issues. Falcon send me already a bunch of hints, but a dedicated test is needed to really nail down what the causes are.

I'll try to make it :)

t0daY
15-09-2015, 17:35

Alright guys,

you heard falcon, you heard this red monster called "Elmo?" :D :D

We will run a test session tonight 19UTC under falcons banner :) He needs our support to investigate further things about the replay bugs. Lets help him out :)
Also we can have some short nice races together :p See ya later :)

And no cluck... the lobby isnt up yet xD

cluck
15-09-2015, 20:01
is the lobby up?

(so far, the test has been extremely productive :) )

EDIT : Replays uploaded and now safely in Falcon's hands. Hope it helps :yes:.

falcon2081
16-09-2015, 06:16
Alright guy's I posted my results about the Replay bugs. You can find the thread Here. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39264-Replay-System-Test-Results-Issues-found&p=1119815#post1119815) Thanks to those who helped me out in making sure it was a JIP issue. t0day make sure to let Elmo know that I have both replay's from most of the players and can send them to him. Just in case the dev's want to compare the non JIP replay with the JIP replay.

cluck
16-09-2015, 07:57
I've posted it in the thread you created falcon but worth pointing out again that my replay - immediately after the race - showed a car 'stuck' on the grid in 1st place after it pulled away. I wasn't watching for liveries, sorry :o.

falcon2081
16-09-2015, 15:09
Would anyone by chance have miagi's email?

cluck
16-09-2015, 15:35
I can contact him via Whatsapp if that's any help falcon? He's away at the moment though.

falcon2081
16-09-2015, 15:38
I can contact him via Whatsapp if that's any help falcon? He's away at the moment though.

That works. Just let him know to check the forum as I sent him a PM. Thanks.

cluck
16-09-2015, 15:42
That works. Just let him know to check the forum as I sent him a PM. Thanks.Elmo has got that message to him :)

t0daY
17-09-2015, 15:01
Hello Gentlemen,

dont forget todays ATS at 19:00 UTC! We will train again all together our new starting procedure aka standing start. Everybody who is PNC and higher can join this advanced training tonight.

We will have some fun with the Formula C at Hockenheim and the Ginetta G40 at Donington :p

See you later guys :)

cluck
17-09-2015, 15:09
Even though I've done 3 of these sessions, I'll join tonight. I won't last until Sunday for my next TGC 'hit', I've already got withdrawal symptoms :D.

t0daY
17-09-2015, 16:08
Even though I've done 3 of these sessions, I'll join tonight. I won't last until Sunday for my next TGC 'hit', I've already got withdrawal symptoms :D.

If there is no one new we can reduce a little bit the "trainingsaspect" and raise the race duration of each session ;) :p

sp1kegrw
17-09-2015, 18:44
snetterton 100 time 49.875

alex salmon
17-09-2015, 20:32
Hi guys just to let you all know i wont be around for a few days im waiting for my new pc parts to arrive :)

cluck
17-09-2015, 20:42
thanks for hosting those sessions t0daY (and not tomorrow ... oh I'm so funny :rolleyes:), had a proper laugh. Some good starting practice too, so not just about having fun. And that 3-way entry* into the chicane at Donington was simply brilliant :D.

* is it just me that thinks that sounds rude?

t0daY
17-09-2015, 21:02
thanks for hosting those sessions t0daY (and not tomorrow ... oh I'm so funny :rolleyes:), had a proper laugh. Some good starting practice too, so not just about having fun. And that 3-way entry* into the chicane at Donington was simply brilliant :D.

* is it just me that thinks that sounds rude?

Got it!! It was amazing :D :D Puffpirat, you and me... Just amazing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8UAJdbsMnE&feature=youtu.be

@X ImJakeyy: Here is your drifting video bro :p (it is a quick edit with only some blenders but I am prepared for next wednesday!!! :D :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SgFnzAzes&feature=youtu.be

cluck
17-09-2015, 21:30
It was a shame that it was still just a warm-up lap - a few laps like that would have been bloody awesome. I also didn't realise I'd punted puff so hard but since we were still doing warm up laps (and since he is such a dirty rotten cheat - yes, we all saw your line into the first corner puff :p :D) I decided "sod him" :D.

Roll on Sunday and Wednesday when we'll get back to the serious art of racing :yes:.

Puffpirat
17-09-2015, 21:42
Got it!! It was amazing :D :D Puffpirat, you and me... Just amazing :) three wide, what could possibly go wrong ;)

It was a shame that it was still just a warm-up lap - a few laps like that would have been bloody awesome. I also didn't realise I'd punted puff so hard but since we were still doing warm up laps (and since he is such a dirty rotten cheat - yes, we all saw your line into the first corner puff :p :D) I decided "sod him" :D
Looks worse than it felt on track :) and what, I mean, what. The I use the pitlane as corner entry line? :p

falcon2081
17-09-2015, 21:44
Shame I missed the racing. Took a nap around noon and forgot to turn on my alarm to wake up before 19 UTC. Ill be around tomorrow for sure but I won't be racing this Sunday because of work.

cluck
17-09-2015, 22:00
I'm such a cheat that I have to use the pitlane as corner entry line? :p:p . Hang your head in shame :D. I use the same line for hot-lapping but I think it should treated as 'off track' when it comes to the race itself next week, but that's for the organisers to decide :). It was all good natured fun tonight :).

cluck
17-09-2015, 22:04
Oh and I've run my first few laps (did no more than half a dozen) in the Sauber. Set a 1m55 time with 100% default setup - I reckon I can take another 1 or 2 seconds off that time with a few more laps practice, but that will almost certainly be my limit. That car is as much fun as I remember it being the last time I drove it but it's going to be a car that truly separates the men from the boys - it's going to require maximum concentration to keep it on the tarmac for over an hour, whilst battling with other drivers :).

Puffpirat
17-09-2015, 22:06
you're killing me cluck :D

Gopher04
17-09-2015, 22:31
I use the same line for hot-lapping but I think it should treated as 'off track' when it comes to the race itself next week, but that's for the organisers to decide

For me, and have seen it in real racing, as long as 2 of the wheels are still on the correct side of the pit exit line that's is fine, 4 wheels and it is not, and it has been used like that since we have had the track..

Topsie
18-09-2015, 06:53
Sorry I've not been around much chaps. Having far to much fun driving these beasts around before winter kicks in;) :

http://imgur.com/r3N5B78

http://imgur.com/xCgrTVB

http://imgur.com/YbSvl4f

cluck
18-09-2015, 07:52
For me, and have seen it in real racing, as long as 2 of the wheels are still on the correct side of the pit exit line that's is fine, 4 wheels and it is not, and it has been used like that since we have had the track..OK, fair enough, I didn't realise it was used in real life :). It just struck me as potentially dangerous running that wide when you have the potential for people leaving the pits. Although we should all be calling out "leaving pits", it might get missed if somebody else is saying something at the same time, or you're focussing hard on a battle.

It wasn't a problem last night as it was just a bit of light-hearted racing and leg-pulling but I thought I'd raise it in case it becomes a problem come race day :).

BumperCarrotNL
18-09-2015, 12:10
did patch 4.0 just arrive? if so... great stuff :D
another 1.2GB download :applause::encouragement:

cluck
18-09-2015, 12:17
big patch download can only mean one thing - new content incoming :cool:.

Giovtec
18-09-2015, 14:44
big patch download can only mean one thing - new content incoming :cool:.

ummmmmmm and some interesting content ^^

x ImJakeyy
18-09-2015, 15:34
For me, and have seen it in real racing, as long as 2 of the wheels are still on the correct side of the pit exit line that's is fine, 4 wheels and it is not, and it has been used like that since we have had the track..

As I marshal a lot and Donington in the pit lane, I see people going 4 wheel into the pit exit, as long as its safe, tbh I don't think it changes much except you already have a slight turn angle already applied.

Croft is another where this is done.

t0daY
18-09-2015, 15:46
As I marshal a lot and Donington in the pit lane, I see people going 4 wheel into the pit exit, as long as its safe, tbh I don't think it changes much except you already have a slight turn angle already applied.

Croft is another where this is done.

Still TGC is following rules and not the real life 1:1 ;) 2 Wheels into the white lines otherwise its cutting/gaining an unfair advantage which will lead to a penalty :p

Puffpirat
18-09-2015, 16:03
When using this line into T1 all four wheels are inside the white lines. The dotted white line of the pit exit or any pit exit for that matter doesn't limit the track width. You can cross the line from track side, but not from the pit side :)

Just my 2 cents and imho for one you don't really gain much and there are worse parts of the track that could need marshaling. One being the fast downhill right hander, the other the chicane. But decision is on the organizers of course :)

Will Fly
18-09-2015, 16:43
When using this line into T1 all four wheels are inside the white lines. The dotted white line of the pit exit or any pit exit for that matter doesn't limit the track width. You can cross the line from track side, but not from the pit side :)

unless your exiting the pits could be tricky.

Puffpirat
18-09-2015, 16:49
unless your exiting the pits could be tricky.
Good point, but since the races are so short there are no scheduled pit stops. Hopefully none, but there can always be damage that needs repairing. The pit exit here is dangerous either way, even when you drive 1m more in the right. People definitely need to call exiting the pits.

Gopher04
18-09-2015, 18:10
Good point, but since the races are so short there are no scheduled pit stops. Hopefully none, but there can always be damage that needs repairing. The pit exit here is dangerous either way, even when you drive 1m more in the right. People definitely need to call exiting the pits.

So we're going with 2 wheels allowed which is good, like puff said if you have to go in pits then give a good early call your exiting the pits, then its upto the guys on track to make room, if they don't or cause a problem for the guy who is leaving the pits, then they should get a penalty..

Puffpirat
18-09-2015, 21:49
Fix for the D&F soon coming to a build ehh patch near you :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37995-Dip-amp-Flip-Bug-(recorded-with-Telemetry-HUD)&p=1122978&viewfull=1#post1122978

x ImJakeyy
19-09-2015, 13:09
Still TGC is following rules and not the real life 1:1 ;) 2 Wheels into the white lines otherwise its cutting/gaining an unfair advantage which will lead to a penalty :p

But we are within the White lines :p

As the White lines are there on the pit exit side :D

falcon2081
19-09-2015, 13:35
I hope someone streams the race tomorrow. I'll be at work not working and watching the race lol.

t0daY
19-09-2015, 14:21
For me personally the blue line is making overall more sense. Watched also several onboard videos from G40 races and they are all following the blue lines.

I could not find any rules about it so it is just my personal opinion about it^^ In the end of the day its Pamellaaa and Trickys decision in the g40 league :)
(In the GEN races we would follow the blue lines immediately :p :p)

Cheers!

Gopher04
19-09-2015, 14:28
The normal thing for white lines, if it is a hatched line you can use if it solid you don't cross, but as we still do now in TGC we can put 2 wheels over the white line just not 4, we can't keep swapping or changing rules for each league.

MikeyTT
19-09-2015, 14:41
I hope someone streams the race tomorrow. I'll be at work not working and watching the race lol.

I will be streaming again. I've not had chance to run any laps, so I don't think I'll be running anywhere near the front:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfLQISrHN38

t0daY
19-09-2015, 14:41
The normal thing for white lines, if it is a hatched line you can use if it solid you don't cross, but as we still do now in TGC we can put 2 wheels over the white line just not 4, we can't keep swapping or changing rules for each league.

I am not getting it completly? So your for the green tracklimits? xD

also im thinking the line is hatched for the cars leaving the pits and not for cars on the track

Dio
19-09-2015, 15:06
Woooooo! I live maybe 5 hours from Road america, and the group c cars are loads of fun! This should be a fantastic race.

Gopher04
19-09-2015, 15:29
I am not getting it completly? So your for the green tracklimits? xD

also im thinking the line is hatched for the cars leaving the pits and not for cars on the track

What Im saying in my opinion is 2 wheels should be aloud to cross the hatched line, but not 4 wheels, but then your saying Pamellaa and Tricky make the decision for the GT40 league which is fine, but in the GEN league you would not allow it, what should happen is there should be no difference across the league's, as it comes under a ruling, so what happens in one league should apply to all the league's so there is no confusion so the TGC staff should decide between them what way they are going to go with.

falcon2081
19-09-2015, 15:49
Agreed. Should be 2 wheels only and that's it.

Iceman07
19-09-2015, 15:54
I've had the pleasure to meet Mr. Miagi yesterday at the IAA in Frankfurt, and I can guaranty you he's not an alien ;).

Giovtec
19-09-2015, 16:02
I've had the pleasure to meet Mr. Miagi yesterday at the IAA in Frankfurt, and I can guaranty you he's not an alien ;).

Maybe not an Alien but a Predator :p

Elmo
19-09-2015, 18:46
Maybe not an Alien but a Predator :p

A Schnitzel-Predator for sure :D

MelBonkers
20-09-2015, 18:05
Guys, won't be there this evening. Have fun and see you all on Wednesday for our first official league race since.........ages ;-)

cluck
20-09-2015, 18:41
going to have to miss this one too :( . Only just remembered to put some food in to eat :o. Will see you all Wednesday :)

Giovtec
20-09-2015, 18:42
Anyone streaming? I am away from my desk i want to watch it atleast via mobile.. ^^

Keithb23
20-09-2015, 19:30
Enjoy the race guys, wish I could join, the C9 is one of my all-time favs!

falcon2081
20-09-2015, 21:41
Just got back to the house. Details! Who won?

Giovtec
20-09-2015, 21:59
Just got back to the house. Details! Who won?
If i am not wrong this was the podium.

1st Zsolt Benczedi (i just remember a name with the "Z")
2nd Mikey TT
3rd Will Fly

I watched it from my cellphone so,, i could barely see names.. xD not sure if that was exactly the end result

Neil Bateman
20-09-2015, 23:06
Sorry i could not make it, been quite ill all weekend and gonna miss wednesday and next sunday as well, way too many things getting in the way of my racing lately.

ZiggyUK
21-09-2015, 02:55
To clarify matters regarding the pit exit lane at Donington.

You may not "enter" the pit exit lane with any vehicle during the progress of a race .... or in better wording you are not allowed to put all four wheels into the pit exit lane. The only exception would be during an emergency and to avoid creating an accident.

You may run over the chevrons and broken white line with 2 wheels as stated by both Gopher and t0daY above. However, if there is a car leaving the pits and even though it is the joining cars responsibility to re-join the track safely, you may not cross over into its path. It is common sense really that you do not endanger any vehicle/driver intentionally.

As it was raised : In the [TGC-G40] league the SR's would much more likely stipulate that you are not to enter the pit exit lines with any of your wheels simply down to the discipline/class you are racing in. Remember these are GT5 vehicles.

Hopefully that helps out :)

NemethR
21-09-2015, 06:48
I don't really know why so many peple were missing out the race yesterday,
but I can tell you guys, that was a lot of fun, I could do that for days :)

The car and the track are just a perfect combo.

Looking forward to Wednesday :)

cluck
21-09-2015, 09:40
Any idea what sort of times people were running last night? I'm just curious to see if I would have been competitive had I not screwed up my dinner timing :o.

(I've also come down with a foul cold, which really doesn't help)

Zsolt Benczedi
21-09-2015, 10:23
High 1:54-mid 1:55

NemethR
21-09-2015, 11:18
Any idea what sort of times people were running last night? I'm just curious to see if I would have been competitive had I not screwed up my dinner timing :o.

(I've also come down with a foul cold, which really doesn't help)

I think my best was high 1:56

t0daY
21-09-2015, 11:24
Photonenbert did a 1:52:9xx in the race. He was a monster in this car :O

cluck
21-09-2015, 11:34
Photonenbert did a 1:52:9xx in the race. He was a monster in this car :O:o. Yeah, that would have left me for dead. I could run mid-1m55 times on default setup with no trouble but struggled to go any faster. I was looking forward to doing the race but totally lost track of time yesterday :(.

Will Fly
21-09-2015, 13:11
could have won the race was in first after late pit only to find never gave me any fuel

had to pit a second time which put me in third

well done to all great race.

Puffpirat
21-09-2015, 14:52
my wife and son decided to stream some videos so I was lagging as hell in p2p mode and decided to quit the race after 2 "hits" on the first lap. Shame really as the combination was great!

Gopher04
21-09-2015, 15:23
my wife and son decided to stream some videos so I was lagging as hell in p2p mode and decided to quit the race after 2 "hits" on the first lap. Shame really as the combination was great!

Feel your pain Puff, with my wife & daughter if I'm racing they get told no Vid's, and sometimes I'll even shut off the wifi just to make sure...:barbershop_quartet_

Puffpirat
21-09-2015, 15:25
Feel your pain Puff, with my wife & daughter if I'm racing they get told no Vid's, and sometimes I'll even shut off the wifi just to make sure...:barbershop_quartet_
They must love it when you're racing then :p I'll buy some videos for them to watch next time :)

Photonenbert
21-09-2015, 18:44

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday we are going to Willow Springs, USA with the old and new Ford Mustang Road Cars.

Date: 27th September 2015

Race Start: 19:00 UTC (2x “1+22” laps - Standing Start)

Ingame Time: 08:00
Weather Forecast: A clear morning is anticipated with the weather expected to deteriorate marginally as the day goes on. Slight chances of decreasing visibility.

IMPORTANT:
The race format will be 2 sprint races and every driver has to drive both cars.

Who will tame the stallions?

Greetings,

SillySausage
22-09-2015, 07:09
G'day Gents!

I'm currently in the process of doing some testing for my own GEN race submission. If anyone's free at some stage this afternoon/night (not frantically practising for the G40 race :p) I'm after a few test subjects to put in a couple of lap times for my testing, preferably a mix of aliens and humans. :p It shouldn't take long at all. I'll try and be on around 16:00 UTC. If you're interested, please like this post.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks,

SillySausage

Will Fly
22-09-2015, 08:13
sorry at a funeral today wont be about.

SillySausage
22-09-2015, 09:59

No worries, sorry to hear that Will. :(

NemethR
22-09-2015, 10:07

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday we are going to Willow Springs, USA with the old and new Ford Mustang Road Cars.

Date: 27th September 2015

Race Start: 19:00 UTC (2x “1+22” laps - Standing Start)

Ingame Time: 08:00
Weather Forecast: A clear morning is anticipated with the weather expected to deteriorate marginally as the day goes on. Slight chances of decreasing visibility.

IMPORTANT:
The race format will be 2 sprint races and every driver has to drive both cars.

Who will tame the stallions?

Greetings,

This is going to be so much fun!

NemethR
22-09-2015, 10:09

:(

Sorry to hear that.

cluck
25-09-2015, 08:02
Tried both cars yesterday evening and yeah, I can see the races being quite interesting :D.

The old Mustang 2+2 really does feel like the speed is controlled by one of these :-

and steered with one of these

it's quite an experience jumping between the 2 cars :o.

Dama The Crow
25-09-2015, 08:54
Tried both cars yesterday evening and yeah, I can see the races being quite interesting :D.

The old Mustang 2+2 really does feel like the speed is controlled by one of these

Just right comparison :D

Neil Bateman
25-09-2015, 08:57
Cant make sunday, work till 10pm so have fun!!

SillySausage
25-09-2015, 09:23
After my VERY limited testing for Sunday's race I have found two things:

1. When any precipitation is involved the 1966 Mustang because an absolute drift machine, the only car you can actually drift well in Project CARS it seems. :)

2. The 2015 Mustang seems to suffer from enormous tire wear (tested on the track tires).

***THESE TWO POINTS ARE UNRELATED*** :p

falcon2081
25-09-2015, 14:24
I thought this race was default setup only? Unless of course Kman was pulling my leg and I fell for it! Lol.

t0daY
25-09-2015, 17:28
I thought this race was default setup only? Unless of course Kman was pulling my leg and I fell for it! Lol.

Did we mention somewhere something about it? :D :D The "forced default setup" is not working correctly at the moment so it is kinda useless to do it^^

But I think you can drive both cars with default setup. It should be a relaxed race with not much preperation that you have enough time for the league races :)