28-06-2015, 19:12
Should work now

Timmynator
28-06-2015, 19:12
You're a hero ;)

Tricky
28-06-2015, 20:25
Engine blew :(

Did a silly 'Kimi' and ran a bit wide on to the grass but didn't come off the throttle and hit the barrier. Had about 40 engine damage then a lap later it blew :/ Oil temp didn't seem to go over 100.

Gopher04
28-06-2015, 20:50
Engine blew :(

Did a silly 'Kimi' and ran a bit wide on to the grass but didn't come off the throttle and hit the barrier. Had about 40 engine damage then a lap later it blew :/ Oil temp didn't seem to go over 100.

Had a really similar thing Tricky, hit a invisible water barrel on the main straight after someone took them out, lost about 5mph on top end, so was keeping and eye on the temps, engine was sat at 95, when my engine I assume blew cut out and seemed to lock the rear end up and chucked me into the barrier, engine and water temps were fine.

Elmo
28-06-2015, 20:57
Well done guys. Very few incidents if you take into account that it was multiclass and a quite packed grid on a fast track.

Enjoyed the hell out of it too. Last 5 laps was all about keeping Yorkie behind me.

Westbeef
28-06-2015, 20:57
Good race, my first with the Gents & my first multi class race. Was doing OK for the majority of the race fairly consistent times (much slower than others though), for some reason i was short on fuel and had to fill up with 2 laps left thought I'd started with a full tank too. Finished last out of the LMP2 finishers without really having any other issues, only lost 1 place due to the pit stop too! Good clean race and hopefully I can pick the pace up soon.

NemethR
28-06-2015, 20:58
Thank you guys for the Race tonight, I really enjoyed it!

I had a great fight throughout the whole race with Delilah, 2 or 3 laps before the end he managed to overtake me, and I could not catch him.
Congrats Delilah!

I also really enjoyed being passed by the LMP2 cars, so that we have to realyl use the rear-view mirror :)

Thank you again guys, really nice race!

Timmynator
28-06-2015, 21:03
That was intense. Had an early-race run-in with JBGamer where we were side by side into the bus stop and I got turned into by him (at least from my perspective). That got me some damage, including radiators, which necessitated an unscheduled pit stop. That left me second-to-last with nothing to lose, so I gave it the beans and managed to catch up to BumperCarrotNL (who apparently pitted just before I caught him), then passed JBGamer again and NemethR in my last lap before the LMPs ended the race.

@JBGamer: sorry for snapping at you at the beginning of the race. Unfortunately you weren't audible on TS, so we might have to adjust something there for better communication.

Best lap was 1:44:something iirc.

Iceman07
28-06-2015, 21:11
Ohh what a great race ;)

First race since a long time and I managed to finish without any incident.

The race started not so good for me, I couldn't go the pace of the other lmp2 cars and was loosing a lot of places (from 5th to 11th in about 3 laps). But after these 3 laps I got faster and gained some positions from others having incidents. I had Gertjan right behind me all the race but he couldn't come closer so it was a rather lonley race but still a lot of fun.
Thanks for the nice lapping to the GT3 cars.

See you soon (but I have some exams now, so next time will be in 3 weeks :( )

cluck
28-06-2015, 21:12
That was truly epic and, for a 45-minute race, utterly exhausting :D. Was having a great fight for 1st place, after Yorkie made a pit-stop, but ran my luck a little too far and spun on the kerb on the exit of turn 1. Straight into the wall on the right-hand side of the track :(. Limped back to the pits and dropped down to 6th place, where I remained for the rest of the race (didn't help that the car filled up with another 30L of fuel, which I really didn't need :o).

I honestly could have run another 28 laps, I was having that much fun :).

Elmo
28-06-2015, 21:13
Only managed to screenshot the Top 14, if somebody has the rest, please post :)

Cleps
28-06-2015, 21:19

Great great race. I 'll post more of my feelings later, with my replay!

Elmo
28-06-2015, 21:21
Also the gap between myself an Yorkie 0.062 seconds :single_eye:

alex salmon
Thank to everyone who raced tonight I had soo much fun! I'm really happy with my my first TGC-GEN win thanks guys

PerFixAlot
Well, for me that wasn't a particularly great race.

At first recording wouldn't start, then I noticed my frame rates were 25-30 fps lower than in session just 15 mins before, and I had an awful lot of stuttering. Mostly it was just annoying, as I didn't have too many cars to render in front after pitting in the second lap, but occasionally it was horrible. It turns out GeForce was stuck with an update in the background.

Because of the stuttering I somehow bumped into the guy ahead of me at the start, even though it was at less than 10Kph it was enough to cause aero damage.
Throughout the race I had to pit 3 times because of damage, at least I think I "only" bumped into someone because of the stutters once, on the straight before the bus stop. So, sorry to that person, I thought I had more space but was suddenly boosted by the slipstream. I didn't get any damage from that, so I hope you didn't either.

MelBonkers
28-06-2015, 21:26
Great intense race. Started 3rd and could hold on to 5th until lap 14 where I ran over the kerbs on the right hand side before the last corner coming up on the main straight and performed a pitstop right away. Left the pits with wets on (grrrrr) and limped back to the pits again and did a second pitstop. I then fell back to P14 and had some intense racing catching up with a couple of LMP2's who had lapped me. Was great fun and was looking forward to the battle with Elmo for 5th. Pitty, but next time then ;-). Lapping the GT3's went perfectly (LOVED THE BENTLEY TRAIN!). No incidents whatsoever. I only had one incident where Eskimothor pushed me off track before the busstop chicane. Apart from that, the race was so much fun and intense.

This was also the first race I'm using my PST-1 pedals. Have to say the braking feel with these pedals is really good. There were several occasions where I braked and almost hit the car in front of me. By applying just that little bit more braking with an extra push of the toes I could always stop the car before touching the car in front of me. Was really nice! Oh and from now on I also need to race with shoes on ;-). I think I already felt some muscle aches from my left leg because of the brake pedal using so much force :D

Stevie_F
28-06-2015, 21:28
What a great race. Unfortunately I had aero damage from lap 1/2 and then again midway through the race. Cut my top end by about 10 mph. Me and Cluck had a great battle for the top spot after Yorkie entered the pits, trying to make my car as wide as possible for a number of laps. I was relieved when he span on turn 1 to say the least which is a bit unfortunate because it was such a good battle ;) Then it was just a case of managing the gap between me and Salmon... About 3 laps from the end I managed to bounce off the kerb going up the hill on turn 2 trying to pass back markers in the GT3's and I bump into MysticTurbo which gave me even more aero damage, sorry Mystic! Well, after that was just a pray and hope kinda thing that Salmon slows down. Unfortunately he didn't so he deserves the win and he was on pace so congratulations! Fastest lap too!

Look forward to more races with you guys

(Was going to record this but I started Shadowplay when the game was already running so when it came to pushing the button to record, it didn't do anything, bloody annoyed) so if anyone has a video that would be great to watch!

Stevie_F

Papa H
28-06-2015, 21:35
Had a great start , felt realy good, and tried to relax into a rhythm. bad luck me and Twiggy tangled , i guess he saw a gap and went for it. we both got back on track and continued to battle it out all the way to the end. i had one moment where i locked the breaks up , but fortunately we all got away with it.

great race guys, was fun to lead for a while

Roger

Neil Bateman
28-06-2015, 21:47
Well i really really enjoyed that race, started plumb last and took it real easy on first 2 laps till everyone got into a rhythm.

Was really clean early on and looked like the first few gt3 cars were getting away but still managed just passed one or two before the leaders caught the gt3's. Once there was a few of us lapped it was hard to see who was the lead gt3 car. Then i was really just trying to take advantage of anyone who moved offline to make room for leaders, got some good runs and managed to make some passes.

Was also fortunate when a couple got together and gifted me a place, think it was cleps, had no idea i was the lead gt3 car but as i was not catching anyone in front i pushed till about 3-4 laps to go then started to take it a little easier making sure i didn't lose too much while getting lapped and didn't make too many errors. Was surprised to see i was first gt3 across the line as it was hard to work out where everyone else was.

So thanks to everyone for such a great race.

colbalt67
28-06-2015, 22:03
I would dearly love to but spent some of this week in hospital so due to the post effects of the procedure I am unable to atm.

I hopefully will get behind a wheel next week at some point.

get well soon Ziggy

MelBonkers
28-06-2015, 22:15
I would dearly love to but spent some of this week in hospital so due to the post effects of the procedure I am unable to atm.

Get well soon Ziggy!

Gertjan Arlar
28-06-2015, 22:31
All good for my second race since my, way to long, absence. No major mistakes, pace was to slow but consistency let me finish 8th ( i started 13th). Im very happy with that. I was hoping to catch Iceman but he also had a very consistent race and was just a tad quicker than me.

GT3 passing was a blast and made the race exciting and fun. In a single class race my only goal would have been to catch Iceman. The multi-class races make it that much More interesting even if you're on your own, position wise.
Thanks again for a fun evening.

quelus
28-06-2015, 22:48
Very good race guys and it was clean, which is even more cool in a multiclass race :))

Thank you guys for the Race tonight, I really enjoyed it!

I had a great fight throughout the whole race with Delilah, 2 or 3 laps before the end he managed to overtake me, and I could not catch him.
Congrats Delilah!

I also really enjoyed being passed by the LMP2 cars, so that we have to realyl use the rear-view mirror :)

Thank you again guys, really nice race!

Yeh, NemethR it was very nice!
You were a bit faster, I've managed to hold you off a bit, and when u passed me, i think the slipstream was giving me a chance to keep up with you.
In the end, it was an incident with LMP2 which gave me a chance, wasnt it?
Anyways, it was like +-1,5 sec for the whole race, good racing buddy!

Nevil Wigbels
29-06-2015, 07:41

Hey Ziggy get well soon!!

About my race: It was great fun again! At the green I let the engine stall when releasing the clutch causing some confusion for the guys behind me :o
At the start I lost a few places from P12 to P14 by being cautious on the inside/off the racing line.
After a lap or so things really went well and I found a pretty good rhythm. Lapping GT3's was an absolute blast as they were all very mindful.
Second part of the race I had to defend P4 against Yorkie I believe (I cant see opponend names in the Rift) but he was faster and overtook me in a tight spot ;) I didn't need a pitstop and finished the race with enough fuel left @ P5 :)

I'm looking forward to patch 2.0 which introduces a HUD to VR and will hopefully make me a little more social during the race, knowing who I'm dealing with racing and for lapping ;) ;)

This was probably my last TGC race before my vacation in July. I'll be back in August and planning to be more active in TGC again, but of course I will follow the forum on the iPad when having Wifi.

Cleps
29-06-2015, 11:57
Anyone using Afterburner to record the replay? If so, can you give me some advice on how not to ruin my hard drive with the 50minutes race. Which format is the best to keep a certain quality while reducing the size of the file?

Neil Bateman
29-06-2015, 16:06
Anyone using Afterburner to record the replay? If so, can you give me some advice on how not to ruin my hard drive with the 50minutes race. Which format is the best to keep a certain quality while reducing the size of the file?

I cant record at the moment, i assign a button to record when pressed but nothing happens, i can see the fps counter in the top left so i know its working but it just wont record.

FlyingKman
29-06-2015, 16:58
Any news on Wed race?

Gertjan Arlar
29-06-2015, 17:23
Weather forecast (The Netherlands) is 35 degrees this Wednesday so Dubai in a tin top for realism. ;) Seriously, I'll probably skip Wednesday because of the heat. No final decision jet but..

Elmo
29-06-2015, 17:43
For Wednesday I have to ask you guys to organize something yourself. Tony did a great job when we were at Le Mans, so maybe he can chip in. I'll ping him.

Edit: He will come up with something :)

Westbeef
29-06-2015, 17:52
I suggest the TransAm around Monaco, 60 minutes should do us.

FlyingKman
29-06-2015, 18:15
please not monaco, i rather suggest mazda raceway, with a nice zippy car?

ZiggyUK
29-06-2015, 18:21
Well we have done it before "TransAM at Mazda" (gotta force internal cam view though >: )

Blackvault
29-06-2015, 18:23
FA cars around Silverstone to mimic the British Grand Prix this coming weekend.

Pete

madmuffin1234
29-06-2015, 18:30
i suggest DMTs and bathurst again 60 minutes would be good
or FA ^^

Yorkie065
29-06-2015, 18:47
Radical SR8's at Road America. Track and a car that I've not done with you guys yet. But pete's idea does get my vote, although I'd suggest Formula B not A. Have a better feel to them

t0daY
29-06-2015, 18:56
Radical SR8's at Road America. Track and a car that I've not done with you guys yet. But pete's idea does get my vote, although I'd suggest Formula B not A. Have a better feel to them

Agree with Yorkie. The Formula A cars just feeling really unreal. Got a bad feeling driving with them (can not explain it completly but in my opinion the FA is really crappy...) , whereas the Formula C + B are just amazing. I do not know if I can make it to my first GEN race this wednesday cause of my work but I am looking forward to it :)

Gertjan Arlar
29-06-2015, 19:07
Formula B @ Silverstone is doable. I haven't done FB's with you guys. Did you do that before in MP? and more importantly was it a clean(ish) race? It could end (or start) in carnage.

AlexOki
29-06-2015, 19:14
Hello there to everyone, got my emails this morning albeit 03.05am. Thank you Ziggy and you must be getting well sending mails at that time of the morning :) although I am 1 hour ahead of the UK. I connected to TS and got every thing setup as per instructions including the game itself. Now the wait for Thursday evenings M&G. See you then and do get well Ziggy

TonyR
29-06-2015, 19:41
Since I like mimicking real life events I think Formula B @ Silverstone is not a bad idea.

However with the F1 circus there's also the Porsche Super Cup @ Silverstone.

Let's decide this democratically with a poll: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16u0pLOqAshp23Ur0cXeSOeTgvN-jjaKemiiOuAsAs2U/viewform?usp=send_form
(pls do not vote more than once, else I need to activate the need for a Google account)

Timmynator
29-06-2015, 20:18
Ruf @ Silverstone it is!

Topsie
29-06-2015, 20:26
Awesome...which layout?

Timmynator
29-06-2015, 20:28
Since it's the GP: GP?

Topsie
29-06-2015, 20:29
Ok then, nice...not all of us are race experts;)

Timmynator
29-06-2015, 20:34
Me neither, I spent the last 5 minutes trying to find out which layout it'll be...guessing from the stylized track map on the Porsche site, it looks like the GP course.

Tony has the final say on layout anyways...

Yorkie065
29-06-2015, 20:43
Is that the result of Tony's poll, or is that just what you really want to do? :p

TonyR
29-06-2015, 20:56
Is that the result of Tony's poll, or is that just what you really want to do? :p

Layout will be GP.

It's a very close race between the two options at the moment, that's why I will let the poll running until tomorrow morning 9am UTC.

So, if it matters to you, cast your vote until then! (17 answers so far)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16u0pLOqAshp23Ur0cXeSOeTgvN-jjaKemiiOuAsAs2U/viewform?usp=send_form

Timmynator
29-06-2015, 20:58

Since I'm amazingly bad with the formula cars...have a wild guess ;)

€dit: Some numbers for the Ruf GT3 @ Silverstone:

Leaderboard top 50 laptimes between 1:59:low and ~2:04:5.

For an hour's worth of racing that should give us somewhere around 25-28 laps, depending on pit stops and formation lap.

Also, tire wear over ~ 10 laps came out to ~6. Sounds like we could go for some accelerated tire wear again, x3 should work well, maybe x5 even to make it real interesting...

madmuffin1234
29-06-2015, 22:18
just a thing to think about why dont insted of doing one you do both the NCC does the Ruf and the PNC does FB then you can just choose the one you want to do ???

t0daY
29-06-2015, 22:48
just a thing to think about why dont insted of doing one you do both the NCC does the Ruf and the PNC does FB then you can just choose the one you want to do ???

because usually the NCC races are with "slower" cars, I think FB and RUF are way too fast... Quickest I did in NCC so far was FC and Ginetta GT4 and that should be the max I guess, I am not sure heeelp :D

Cleps
29-06-2015, 22:54
Here is the replay of my race at Watkins Glen, I'll edit the post to add some notes about best/worst moves of the race.

Hope you like it, if you have time to get into it, I think it's cool to follow the progress through the race, and the action in the mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlivatYLe10&feature=youtu.be

Neil Bateman
29-06-2015, 23:12
Due to a week of late shifts i will miss all the racing, gutted as i am already chomping at the bit for more action.

Neil Bateman
29-06-2015, 23:57
Here is the replay of my race at Watkins Glen, I'll edit the post to add some notes about best/worst moves of the race.

Hope you like it, if you have time to get into it, I think it's cool to follow the progress through the race, and the action in the mirror.

That was a great battle cleps, really enjoyed it.

Pity you had that off while being lapped, sometimes it was hard to tell whether they were letting you have the corner and passing on the exit, you were thinking shall i brake a little early and try and let them pass or just take the corner normally, but end up doing neither, closing speeds were hard to judge sometimes, plus some seemed more eager to pass than others.

BumperCarrotNL
30-06-2015, 00:20

nice race. also cool to see myself in your vid. i was the ruff going off at about 6:50. realy got to work on staying on the track for the whole race. at least i didn't take anyone with me :) , also, it was my only "crash" of the race. was pretty close once with a LMP2 comming out of a corner, didn't know what line he was going to take, tried to stay on the racing line but almost pushed him off as he was accelerating faster. alex made a pretty dangerous action when he was chasing #1 in the first corner on one of the last laps. had to take it wide otherwise i would've ended his race luckily for the both of us i saw what he was doing. but overall i think it was a good race for all of us.

ZiggyUK
30-06-2015, 02:53

[TGC-NCC] different administrators to the [TGC-GEN].

Combo's are selected on suitability for a NCC race by experienced tutors.

and it's time you got yourself an avatar to use :D

Nevil Wigbels
30-06-2015, 07:26

Cool recording!
18:40 I remember the exciting moment with the LMP2 standing backwards on the corner exit (You see me pass u at 18:50).
37:10 Another pass, me being the second LMP2.

MelBonkers
30-06-2015, 07:32
I will be there tomorrow for my last race before my summer holidays. Hopefully we'll be running GT3's at Silverstone ;-)

TonyR
30-06-2015, 08:07
I will be there tomorrow for my last race before my summer holidays. Hopefully we'll be running GT3's at Silverstone ;-)

It's only between Formula B and the Ruf GT3 (not all GT3s) ;)

50 min left for voting, still very close: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16u0pLOqAshp23Ur0cXeSOeTgvN-jjaKemiiOuAsAs2U/viewform?usp=send_form

Cleps
30-06-2015, 08:18
That was a great battle cleps, really enjoyed it.

Pity you had that off while being lapped, sometimes it was hard to tell whether they were letting you have the corner and passing on the exit, you were thinking shall i brake a little early and try and let them pass or just take the corner normally, but end up doing neither, closing speeds were hard to judge sometimes, plus some seemed more eager to pass than others.

You're about right on the LMP2 overtake, they all have their "style"! Some really show their intention, they stay behind and jump to make the move, some are harder to read, the part of track you're in is important too. And the fact that the battle for GT3 was tight! On the offroad with the LMP2, I thought he could pass me in the end of the straigt line, then I thought he would do it during the braking, then I understood we were side by side, so I kept my feet away from pedals, thinking he would accelerate faster or leave a bit more space for me. I should have used a bit more brakes but I also saw the next gt3 coming like a rocket^^

You were my target almost all the race Neil, whether I was in front or after you. I was always checking how muck you were closing the gap between the end of the lap and the bus stop, then I knew I was making my way of the rest of the track^^ Once I got offtrack with the LMP2, I think it was Zolt that I had to chase for few laps (and another one that I could overtake quickly). He was also fast. I was really happy to be only 2 sec away from you at the end, I didn't lose my pace. Glad you liked the replay =)

Cool recording!
18:40 I remember the exciting moment with the LMP2 standing backwards on the corner exit (You see me pass u at 18:50).
37:10 Another pass, me being the second LMP2.

Great patience on the first pass, waiting for me to go from apex to exit of the corner. And I remember you being really close to the backward car when checking Neil position^^

nice race. also cool to see myself in your vid. i was the ruff going off at about 6:50. realy got to work on staying on the track for the whole race. at least i didn't take anyone with me :) , also, it was my only "crash" of the race. was pretty close once with a LMP2 comming out of a corner, didn't know what line he was going to take, tried to stay on the racing line but almost pushed him off as he was accelerating faster. alex made a pretty dangerous action when he was chasing #1 in the first corner on one of the last laps. had to take it wide otherwise i would've ended his race luckily for the both of us i saw what he was doing. but overall i think it was a good race for all of us.

Thanks! ;) In the video, we can almost think I push you out of the track. It's not the case, right? Anyway, from what I saw everyone was doing quite good in GT3

MelBonkers
30-06-2015, 08:34
Cleps thanx for the recording!

I remember this moment (without names it's difficult to distinguish the cars)

17:05: Me (Grey LMP2) chasing Alex (Blue LMP2). And Elmo (Red LMP2) chasing me. We came upon you and the Bentley behind you. Alex overtakes you first on the right hand side through the right corner. Then I position behind him and you and me go side by side through the left hander. That moment was so intense and close :D. You stay on the left hand side and I overtake on the outside. That's how racing should be. No touching, no crazy stuff, just knowing where the other guys are and respecting each others lines. Top notch!

Nevil Wigbels
30-06-2015, 08:47
It's only between Formula B and the Ruf GT3 (not all GT3s) ;)

50 min left for voting, still very close: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16u0pLOqAshp23Ur0cXeSOeTgvN-jjaKemiiOuAsAs2U/viewform?usp=send_form

I'll skip voting, I fear it will be way to hot in my cave for racing tomorrow (it already is) :(

TonyR
30-06-2015, 09:10
I'll skip voting, I fear it will be way to hot in my cave for racing tomorrow (it already is) :(

Well that would be a shame Nevil!

The results are out! To be honest it's not that expressive :D However I do like the high voter participation (and hope as many drivers are showing up to the race tomorrow).

Which will be ....

http://i.imgur.com/fVuixcs.png

Ruf GT3 @ Silverstone GP
(as the votes are not clear I decided to go with the Ruf as I think people will have more problems getting the Formula B to work)

Additional Information regarding the race will follow later today or tomorrow morning. However it's already safe to say we will be driving ~50 min with a 15 min Qualifying and a mandatory pit stop with a predetermined pit stop window.

Yorkie065
30-06-2015, 11:41
Please can we not do a qualifying session prior to the race? It's not something we usually run, having people randomised on the grid makes for some generally more interesting and action packed races with people working their way through the field, and it also gives the guys who may not be as quick as others, a higher chance of finishing higher up the grid order if they luck out on a good starting position.

Just a suggestion

madmuffin1234
30-06-2015, 12:10
wait so we racing the Ruf GT3 then ???
also with qualifying, i agree with Yorkie its a lot of fun if you get a bad start position its fun to work your way through the field.

TonyR
30-06-2015, 12:16
Please can we not do a qualifying session prior to the race? It's not something we usually run, having people randomised on the grid makes for some generally more interesting and action packed races with people working their way through the field, and it also gives the guys who may not be as quick as others, a higher chance of finishing higher up the grid order if they luck out on a good starting position.

Just a suggestion

I understand the intention however we will do a Qualifying session tomorrow as we will use it for testing purposes.
Maybe the next race will have a randomised grid again.

Edit: Maybe some of the faster guys do not qualify on purpose to have a more interesting race, however nobody will be forced to :D )

Stevie_F
30-06-2015, 12:48
I disagree with the qualifying session so I shall be starting around the back of the grid. However, I do appreciate Tony stepping up to the mark to hold this event

XiondrapoS
30-06-2015, 12:51

Just a suggestion

I don't like the idea of being gifted a position by luck at all. I'd rather try hard to get a good finish and fail, it will make achieving it eventually just that much sweeter. Qualifying can also give you a much clearer view of what you should be able to achieve, which I like a lot, and it will show some interesting stuff when comparing the end result of the race with qualifying, or just race and qualifying pace in general.

Gertjan Arlar
30-06-2015, 13:12
In my experience Qualifying is only good for the really fast and consistent drivers at the front. I'm not that fast and the only time I end op in he top half at the end of he race is when I have a consistent and clean race. People make mistakes or have an incident on behalf of another driver, although I think that is mostly stil your own carelessness.
Top finishing positions only happened to me a couple of times back when we were doing serious leagues and I practiced every day of the week for a single race. We should qualify for realism sakes but it's rarely a measure for the race result and often even far from it (in my case at least).

t0daY
30-06-2015, 13:18
I really dont like the idea of having a qualifying session. It is a "quick" race, no competetive leagueracing. Some of us has no time at all to practice some laps with the car. It is about fun and learning how to react in different terms (beeing in the middle of the field, beeing first/last and so on...)

And I like what stevie_F said: "However, I do appreciate Tony stepping up to the mark to hold this event" - Agree with it to 100% :)

TonyR
30-06-2015, 13:24
Of course you can discuss freely on this forum but please keep in mind that the Gentlemen's club will continue League Racing and there will definitely be qualifyings so don't get used to this more casual form of racing we have done in the last weeks too much.

At the end of the day we want to bring real racing into our homes!

Gertjan Arlar
30-06-2015, 14:16
Can't wait for those days to come back. Be in a team and focus on 1 car of choice for the whole season (6 or 7 races/weeks).

TonyR
30-06-2015, 14:24
http://i.imgur.com/2dzycgk.jpg

The mandatory pit stop will have to be done in a certain pit stop window.

As you can see this will be laps 10 to 14. (I'm speaking of actually shown laps, in the HUD or Motec, not race laps (which would be one less due to formation lap)).
If a pit stop has been done outside of this window it doesn't count as the mandatory pit stop.
However during the mandatory pit stop you can do repairs etc. whatever you need to do.

For the drivers who can't see the current lap for whatever reason you can ask the current lap number over teamspeak.

Weather will be "Real Weather" so expect hot temperatures for tomorrow!

Blackvault
30-06-2015, 14:30
Its such a shame I'm not here on Wednesday for this. I really love the idea of the RUF Super Cup style race!

Pete

Westbeef
30-06-2015, 14:57
Well i'll be at the back if there is a qualy session :D. At least it saves me trying to hold a position for 3-4 laps before I get there :P.

Blackvault
30-06-2015, 15:00
Can't wait for those days to come back. Be in a team and focus on 1 car of choice for the whole season (6 or 7 races/weeks).

Those days of 2-3 days of qualifying certainly helped intensify the racing, even if I was towards the back of the grid. The pressure of getting a few good laps in was fun.

Pete

Westbeef
30-06-2015, 15:04
Ah a pitstop, could be a problem as mine always seem to bug :(

Neil Bateman
30-06-2015, 15:28
I know cleps already posted his but gonna post my race from sunday anyway.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCLClp3LRQ

TonyR
30-06-2015, 15:34
Ah a pitstop, could be a problem as mine always seem to bug :(

What do you think is bugged?

I just tested it, in Free Practice it didn't pit me for some reason however in a race session everything works fine.

t0daY
30-06-2015, 15:40
What do you think is bugged?

I just tested it, in Free Practice it didn't pit me for some reason however in a race session everything works fine.

Sometimes you wont get the right amount of fuel, sometimes you get fresh tires with 0,0 pressure -> overheating after half a lap... and sometimes you stuck at the pits and they wont release you :D :D

The bugs seems to be complete random, I had no problems the last 2 weeks but others had at every pitstop problems :(

TonyR
30-06-2015, 15:44
Sometimes you wont get the right amount of fuel, sometimes you get fresh tires with 0,0 pressure -> overheating after half a lap... and sometimes you stuck at the pits and they wont release you :D :D

The bugs seems to be complete random, I had no problems the last 2 weeks but others had at every pitstop problems :(

Ah, I thought someone discovered a Silverstone specific bug.

In tomorrows race you won't need to refuel or change tires so the usual bugs should not be a big problem.

Westbeef
30-06-2015, 15:57
Ah, I thought someone discovered a Silverstone specific bug.

In tomorrows race you won't need to refuel or change tires so the usual bugs should not be a big problem.

It seems that whatever you select to do it does something different - wrong fuel amounts, changes tyre pressures etc etc. It seems to just do what it wants. In the last race I set 10 litres for a quick pitstop and it filled the tank :/. Tried several ways around the bug and it seems to go wrong somehow every time anyway.

Eugene Flerko
30-06-2015, 16:06
Hi guys!
I'm missing the days when I could have fund with you.
Unfortunately as I've now left home and moved to Dubai I have no idea when I'll be able to play the game...
:(

Stevie_F
30-06-2015, 16:08
I know cleps already posted his but gonna post my race from sunday anyway.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCLClp3LRQ

Video set to private?

Cleps
30-06-2015, 16:13
Private video. I'm looking forward to see the race from your POV

Nevil Wigbels
30-06-2015, 17:21
Hi guys!
I'm missing the days when I could have fund with you.
Unfortunately as I've now left home and moved to Dubai I have no idea when I'll be able to play the game...
:(

Hey Eugene, that's a big move! Just keep in touch and maybe we can make a team someday again ;)

TOCA2FREAK
30-06-2015, 17:28
http://i.imgur.com/2dzycgk.jpg

The mandatory pit stop will have to be done in a certain pit stop window.

As you can see this will be laps 10 to 14. (I'm speaking of actually shown laps, in the HUD or Motec, not race laps (which would be one less due to formation lap)).
If a pit stop has been done outside of this window it doesn't count as the mandatory pit stop.
However during the mandatory pit stop you can do repairs etc. whatever you need to do.

For the drivers who can't see the current lap for whatever reason you can ask the current lap number over teamspeak.

Weather will be "Real Weather" so expect hot temperatures for tomorrow!

What time does this start?

ZiggyUK
30-06-2015, 17:59
19:00 UTC

It's interesting that both the NCC and the GEN posters both seemed to have started leaving off the date and time.

Neil Bateman
30-06-2015, 18:12
Private video. I'm looking forward to see the race from your POV

How do i change it, never had that before?

Edit: think i changed it.:)

ZiggyUK
30-06-2015, 18:44

all good > unlisted = people need the link, public = shows up in a search for everybody

Timmynator
30-06-2015, 19:17
Tony, what are the race settings? Race Date, ToD, weather...

FlyingKman
30-06-2015, 19:59
i changed mine anyone like it haha its my drag racing car i had, oops i think it did not upload lol:cool:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39626764/IMG_1949.JPG

Cleps
30-06-2015, 20:03

Great video Neil! Watched 30 minutes, until my contact with the lmp2. Very interesting video for me. It's amazing to see how different our driving styles are, although we had the same pace. You're totally diving straight into corners, going by the apex, then aiming for the next apex. While I'm using as much track I can to lower the angle of my turn, going form the outside to the apex to the outside. Also, as far as I can see in the vid, it looks like you have a lot of front grip, at least more than I thought I had during the race. I guess our setups are quite different. The blue and orange BMW who sneaked into our battle was driving really well too.

Neil Bateman
30-06-2015, 20:09
Great video Neil! Watched 30 minutes, until my contact with the lmp2. Very interesting video for me. It's amazing to see how different our driving styles are, although we had the same pace. You're totally diving straight into corners, going by the apex, then aiming for the next apex. While I'm using as much track I can to lower the angle of my turn, going form the outside to the apex to the outside. Also, as far as I can see in the vid, it looks like you have a lot of front grip, at least more than I thought I had during the race. I guess our setups are quite different. The blue and orange BMW who sneaked into our battle was driving really well too.

Yes i did notice a difference but for some reason for me in that car it seemed to be the fastest way round the track, but something i will look at as i have never really paid much attention to exactly how others drive but maybe i can gain more speed lol.

Cleps
30-06-2015, 20:22
I may gain some speed too, diving more into corners like you do :D Let's hope both of us improve, not the opposite :boxing:

Wojciech Siek
30-06-2015, 21:10
Hi, guys!

I'm just gonna drop my recording here of Watkins Glen from Sunday. :anonymous:

https://youtu.be/o04nPBYKts4

TonyR
01-07-2015, 09:34
Tony, what are the race settings? Race Date, ToD, weather...

We are going to use real weather, I mentioned that earlier. Time of day will be 14:00.

Timmynator
01-07-2015, 12:28
If you're planning on using current date, we'd better bring sunblock then :D

PerFixAlot
01-07-2015, 12:51

I just did a 30 lap race with those conditions, without any pit stops. My tires were worn out really badly.
At the end the worst tire was at 54% wear.
I haven't tried it before with this combination, and maybe it is just my setup and driving, but according to the 2.0 patch notes slicks should last a full fuel stint.

* Adjusted the AI tyre wear rate to better match the player’s tyre wear rate.
* Adjusted wear of Slicks and Rain tires to more realistic levels where needed. Typically GT/LMP/Formula cars will get slightly more than a full fuel load on soft or default slicks (depending on fuel load amounts).
* Adjusted the heating of slicks and rain tyres to more realistic levels.

The AI all went for a pit stop, so I am guessing it is not just my setup or driving. The tires were already loosing grip after 20-22 laps, and there was increasingly heavy rattling at high speeds.
Did any one else try this and got this much wear?

BumperCarrotNL
01-07-2015, 13:47
i didn't get a race in with that many laps (only did practice to tweak the cars settings)

what lap times did you achieve tho?

TonyR
01-07-2015, 14:36

Sorry, I thought Real Weather is always Current Date because I can't change the date when setting "real weather".

It will be really hot and your tire temps are going to be really high, so maybe you want a safe setup which doesn't consume as much tire as it would normally.

PerFixAlot
01-07-2015, 14:42
i didn't get a race in with that many laps (only did practice to tweak the cars settings)

I was running with a radiator of 60, so it should be slightly less speed than for time trials, still the engine went up to 105C without any damage.
My lap times the first 18-19 laps were 2:02.5xx to 2:02.9xx, then the rest of the race they dropped by 1-4 seconds.

Elmo
01-07-2015, 14:42
Has any of you already been testing pitting online after the new patch yesterday?

Did it refuel the amount you have chosen?

BumperCarrotNL
01-07-2015, 14:52
I just did a 30 lap race with those conditions, without any pit stops. My tires were worn out really badly.
At the end the worst tire was at 54% wear.
I haven't tried it before with this combination, and maybe it is just my setup and driving, but according to the 2.0 patch notes slicks should last a full fuel stint.

The AI all went for a pit stop, so I am guessing it is not just my setup or driving. The tires were already loosing grip after 20-22 laps, and there was increasingly heavy rattling at high speeds.
Did any one else try this and got this much wear?

I was running with a radiator of 60, so it should be slightly less speed than for time trials, still the engine went up to 105C without any damage.
My lap times the first 18-19 laps were 2:02.5xx to 2:02.9xx, then the rest of the race they dropped by 1-4 seconds.

so i did 10 laps and my tire wear was this;
FL - 27%
FR - 14%
RL - 17%
RR - 13%

i think i'll have to increase the tyre pressure of my FL :P
not too bad but i think i am doing the pit stop with refulling and new tires (not sure yet about the fuel as it takes a while and i don't know if it works yet)

cluck
01-07-2015, 14:59
Unless we get a big thunderstorm here in the next couple of hours, I'm bowing out of tonight's race. It's way too hot and humid for me to be doing a race, sorry. I'm sweating just sat here at the keyboard and that's with all the windows open and a light breeze blowing through :o.

TonyR
01-07-2015, 15:38
Unless we get a big thunderstorm here in the next couple of hours, I'm bowing out of tonight's race. It's way too hot and humid for me to be doing a race, sorry. I'm sweating just sat here at the keyboard and that's with all the windows open and a light breeze blowing through :o.

No no no Cluck! I only hear excuses :D

30°C here (86°F), would be too hot too but I got myself a fan. :D

@Elmo didn't test it yet but I guess we'll have some more information after tonights race.

t0daY
01-07-2015, 15:44
Cant make it tonight :( Lots of work to do... good luck to all, see ya on sunday :')

Gopher04
01-07-2015, 16:08
Has any of you already been testing pitting online after the new patch yesterday?

Did it refuel the amount you have chosen?

Uhh what patch? I swear to god my Steam connection has got a sneak mode lately, never notice patches coming down for pcars anymore.

Gopher04
01-07-2015, 16:13

Same here, my room with windows and fans is still hitting 35°..

Alex Hobbs
01-07-2015, 16:17
Bunch of sissies, it's showing 40 in the room here and I still have a 90 minute NCC race to attend, stop making excuses for your own weaknesses :P

(that being said, don't underestimate the conditions. Go for a walk or something beforehand to make sure your leg circulation is ok and make sure you have plenty of water nearby, the heat is something you don't want to mess around with and it would be a bit crap if someone died :) )

Gopher04
01-07-2015, 16:40
Bunch of sissies, it's showing 40 in the room here and I still have a 90 minute NCC race to attend, stop making excuses for your own weaknesses :P

(that being said, don't underestimate the conditions. Go for a walk or something beforehand to make sure your leg circulation is ok and make sure you have plenty of water nearby, the heat is something you don't want to mess around with and it would be a bit crap if someone died :) )

Yes Sergeant Hobbs.........

Alex Hobbs
01-07-2015, 16:42
Yes Sergeant Hobbs.........

Haha not quite yet, gimme a few years and we'll see :P

Gertjan Arlar
01-07-2015, 16:57
Sorry, to hot for me to. have fun tonight.

Yorkie065
01-07-2015, 16:58
I won't be joining in with tonights race due to the weather. Not that I am a sissy and it's too hot....but that it's soo good that it would be criminal not to make the most of it so I'm off down the local pub on the sea front to enjoy and make the most of the sunshine! :D

TonyR
01-07-2015, 17:05
Hm guys, I'm a bit disappointed that so many members are not showing up tonight but I guess you can't do anything about it when the weather is that hot...

MikeyTT
01-07-2015, 17:12
I guess as a WMD TGC member that has carried through to the live release??

I'm of on my hols this week, and can make tonight if that's ok. I've just set up the air con, so I should be nice and cool ;)

t0daY
01-07-2015, 17:22
Hm guys, I'm a bit disappointed that so many members are not showing up tonight but I guess you can't do anything about it when the weather is that hot...

Wish I could be there, but I have nighshift today... I'll ask my chef, maybe I can drive while working pcars :D :D

ZiggyUK
01-07-2015, 17:33
I guess as a WMD TGC member that has carried through to the live release??

I'm of on my hols this week, and can make tonight if that's ok. I've just set up the air con, so I should be nice and cool ;)

Yep you are good Mikey, enjoy :encouragement:

MikeyTT
01-07-2015, 17:35
Yep you are good Mikey, enjoy :encouragement:

Thanks. Should run a few laps to get me eye in then ;)

David Hallowes
01-07-2015, 17:40
I will try to get on, been ages since I've raced :)

MelBonkers
01-07-2015, 17:48

I will be there! With all the super fast guys not attending the race......maybe this time I can get on the podium LOL!!!!!

PerFixAlot
01-07-2015, 18:08
I will be there too.

Man, I envy you guys who have it too hot to race, it was only 24C here today, and that is by far the hottest day of the year so far.
Ah well, it's been the worst summer for the beach I have ever experienced, but then again, the best for sitting inside at a steering wheel.

blackduckrun
01-07-2015, 18:16
I was going to run, but the 2.0 patch is causing me to have major performance issues with the rift. :mad: Have a good race.

Timmynator
01-07-2015, 18:20
Real life has a habit of getting in the way... looks like I won't make it. Sorry guys.

Nevil Wigbels
01-07-2015, 18:33
I was going to run, but the 2.0 patch is causing me to have major performance issues with the rift. :mad: Have a good race.

I'm doing some Rift testing now. I see some performance issues/judder with a lot of AI (>15) at the start of a race with my current gfx settings, which are higher than recommended... but certainly not unplayable for me :confused:

But I'm already cooked after one lap, it's way too hot for me to do a whole race >35C ... sorry guys have fun!

ZiggyUK
01-07-2015, 18:34
@Tony: just so you know, it is nothing new about drivers disappearing during the summer > it's an seasonal thing and nothing against you. We all like to make the most of the warmer weather and so numbers decline during the summer periods then suddenly boost again when Autumn arrives and drivers are more inclined to stay indoors.

Cleps
01-07-2015, 18:55
I will be there too.

Man, I envy you guys who have it too hot to race, it was only 24C here today, and that is by far the hottest day of the year so far.
Ah well, it's been the worst summer for the beach I have ever experienced, but then again, the best for sitting inside at a steering wheel.

The temperature won't raise more this summer? I'm asking because I'll make a holiday trip to Sweden and Denmark in August. As I'm from South of France (with currently about 40°C), I hope I won't freeze too much up there :D

It's sure that we'll be in Copenhagen and Billund :o but we still don't know if we'll travel to Aarhus too. Is it worth the trip? :p

David Hallowes
01-07-2015, 19:31
Well i turned up and started but it seems I was flying all over the place. I was having good fun too!

I'll hopefully get it sorted for next time.

PerFixAlot
01-07-2015, 20:28
The temperature won't raise more this summer? I'm asking because I'll make a holiday trip to Sweden and Denmark in August. As I'm from South of France (with currently about 40°C), I hope I won't freeze too much up there :D

It's sure that we'll be in Copenhagen and Billund :o but we still don't know if we'll travel to Aarhus too. Is it worth the trip? :p

I was living 9 years in Vienna before I came here, and even though I am Danish, born in Greenland even, I have to say I miss the weather down there.
Well, I can't really think of anything that is better here than in Vienna, but I am stuck here for some time and just look forward to the day I can move abroad again.
So, I am not really the right person to ask about the area, though everyone I talked to while living abroad said it is nice to take a holiday around here.

Last year the summer was better at this time, so I might improve. It has been unusually rainy and cold in the last two months, even for Scandinavian countries, still I think it is just as likely to be nice as anywhere else, probably just a few degrees colder, when you visit.

madmuffin1234
01-07-2015, 20:36
i'd an amazing race tonight with the TGC-GEN there was a lot of good battle going on had one moment on lap 7 other than that i have an amazing time a lots of fun. Good sportsmanship was shown by everyone as always. The first few laps was a good battle (i can't remember who with). Then where was trouble with Pit stops again. how ever my pit stop went fine. then in the closing few laps there was an amazing battle between me and Stevie which was amazing fun. then the last two lap we want back and forth for position then just as it was heating up the race sadly ended.

Umer Ahmad
01-07-2015, 20:43
Good race blokes.

Twiggy, I got sick of chasing you man....think I was within 2 seconds of you for what seemed like 10 laps. Got within 1/2 second but then i lost my concentration. Nice race.

My pit stop was fine...no fuel added...just changed to softs and it was all done properly (I think).

MelBonkers
01-07-2015, 20:51
Had a great race. Although I finished 13th from 16th.....it was good practice ;-). The start was great! Ruf's all over the place and not a slight touch, so kudos to everyone.....around me :D. Early in the race I was running 7th or so and had a great battle with Twiggy. Eskimothor overtook me after pushing me off track and then I regained again and overtook him. Followed Twiggy until I had a slight moment at Becketts/Maggots and lost the car. Rejoined as 15th and then I started doing my lonely laps. Had my pitstop in lap 11 and it went ok, apart from being refuelled more than I had chosen in the pitstop menu (60 liters instead of 45 liters). From then I started chasing from the back of the grid at 16th place. Overtook FlyingKman (hashjish man LOL!) and then I chased Umer who had a small moment just before s/f which gave me position 14th. Then I had Topsie in front of me until lap 19 or so where I overtook him. Then I chases PapaH and had a fantastic two laps gaining on him and overtaking him. That was seriously a blast! He was way faster then me on the straights but under braking I could close up so well (thank you PST-1 brake pedal :D ). Overtook PapaH in lap 21 and finished the race 13th.

Thanx all for a great and close race. Apart from the push off from Eskimothor the race was tough and fair. Thanx all! See you in three weeks as I'm going to enjoy my summer holidays with my family from this Saturday on.

I will be there! With all the super fast guys not attending the race......maybe this time I can get on the podium LOL!!!!!

Looks like I didn't succeed in that one LOL!

TonyR
01-07-2015, 21:06
Results (again, don't click on it, no video ;) )

Qualifying (so close):

http://i.imgur.com/EpHbSQS.png

Race Results:

http://i.imgur.com/2WE8r7q.png

madmuffin1234
01-07-2015, 21:18
its showing me 8th and 10th when i came 6/7th :(

MelBonkers
01-07-2015, 21:22

Madmuffin, are you sure you saw the results when the timer was at 0:00? Just after the finish the results look a little bit messed as you get your correct position as more and more cars cross the finish. I was 5th at some point, but as the cars cross the finish I "lost" positions until I got the correct one. Maybe you had the same?

TonyR
01-07-2015, 21:38

As MelBonkers already stated, are you sure about this? Do you remember your Position during the race?
(in the last lap positions get mixed up a little bit from time to time due to lapped cars)

Another question, what happened to Naruko? (left before the race even started?)

madmuffin1234
01-07-2015, 21:43
i was infront on stevie and alix

PerFixAlot
01-07-2015, 21:58
I had quite a lot of fun, thanks for the race guys.
My FFB was totally different from what it was like when I ran a quick race earlier, it felt very limp and there was hardly any feedback. It took me quite a few laps to get used to and much of the race it just felt wrong, even though the car was obviously performing as well as before.

The start was rough, I got hit left, right, in the back, but not very hard, and I apparently didn't suffer any radiator damage.
I think this track is just tough like that, little variations result in fairly big changes in racing line, and you tend to get a lot of contact when it is crowded.

The pitstop went ok for me, except I forgot to set the brake repairs to on. I doubt it would have made much of a difference though.

... Eskimothor overtook me after pushing me off track and then I regained again and overtook him.

.. Apart from the push off from Eskimothor the race was tough and fair..

I was turning all I could but was still going somewhat wider than optimal, but from my point of view I was in front of you and doing all I could to stay on the left.
I am sorry if I pushed you out. Perhaps when it is done processing (about 2 hours remaining now), you can have a look at my recording here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi9aRsblftc
I think you are talking about the turn at around 16:05-16:10 in the video.

Stevie_F
01-07-2015, 22:12
i was infront on stevie and alix

Yeah you was infront of me. Can't remember the place number but it was around 6/7/8

blackduckrun
01-07-2015, 22:33
I'm doing some Rift testing now. I see some performance issues/judder with a lot of AI (>15) at the start of a race with my current gfx settings, which are higher than recommended... but certainly not unplayable for me :confused:

But I'm already cooked after one lap, it's way too hot for me to do a whole race >35C ... sorry guys have fun!

Something is causing my fps to lock at 37.5 (double vision when you move your head), so half of what it should be with v-sync on, but the CPU and GPU are just twiddling their thumbs running at maybe half capacity. Everything runs at full capacity with the rift turned off though.

Nevil Wigbels
02-07-2015, 07:59
Something is causing my fps to lock at 37.5 (double vision when you move your head), so half of what it should be with v-sync on, but the CPU and GPU are just twiddling their thumbs running at maybe half capacity. Everything runs at full capacity with the rift turned off though.

have you set Power management mode from "Adaptive" to "Maximum Performance" in Nvidia control panel/Manage 3d settings?
It can improve performance in certain applications when the GPU is throttling the clock speeds incorrectly.
I can't think of anyting else atm... I have the rest of the 3D Settings at default for pcars64.exe

David Hallowes
02-07-2015, 08:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi9aRsblftc

I didn't realise I was lagging out so much so apologies! Everything was fine on my screen.

TonyR
02-07-2015, 09:02
I didn't realise I was lagging out so much so apologies! Everything was fine on my screen.

I had the same problem in one of our practice sessions, strange thing.

David Hallowes
02-07-2015, 09:03
I had the same problem in one of our practice sessions, strange thing.

Yea, I was practicing and qualifying and it was fine then. It seems I have a packet loss issue which I need to resolve. Anyone know what I should do help that problem?

blackduckrun
02-07-2015, 09:45
have you set Power management mode from "Adaptive" to "Maximum Performance" in Nvidia control panel/Manage 3d settings?
It can improve performance in certain applications when the GPU is throttling the clock speeds incorrectly.
I can't think of anyting else atm... I have the rest of the 3D Settings at default for pcars64.exe

I'm not sure. I have changed a setting like that in the windows O/S power options, but I don't recall doing it the Nvidia settings.

Pamellaaa
02-07-2015, 10:19
Yea, I was practicing and qualifying and it was fine then. It seems I have a packet loss issue which I need to resolve. Anyone know what I should do help that problem?

Are you wired or wireless? Packet loss on a wired connection could be an old/damaged ethernet cable, a dodgy switch or router or a configuration problem, try setting a static IP on your PC as well, this can help.

Westbeef
02-07-2015, 11:07
I dropped out after 3-4 laps, I was massively slow. I had 0 time to prepare due to a busy week so didn't know the track, couldnt get a setup that worked for me and was about 30 seconds behind and losing 5 seconds a lap (in dead last).

Topsie
02-07-2015, 11:45
You'd always be able to catch up with me :P

Westbeef
02-07-2015, 11:55
You'd always be able to catch up with me :P

I tried, I couldn't get close :D.

Topsie
02-07-2015, 11:57
You didn't stay long enough for me to spin you see ;)

BumperCarrotNL
02-07-2015, 12:57
here is my race ( i cut the boring parts out (to watch... to race the boring parts is okay as wel :P)

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw6WBnF4U
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5y26eVyoac

madmuffin1234
02-07-2015, 13:17
does anyone have any idea what we are racing on sunday night.

TonyR
02-07-2015, 14:11
My race from yesterday, not really interesting, except for the pit stop @ 43:43 where I drove my fastest lap due to cutting the final chicane :D
(other time stamps are in the video description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcN7mQgOhg

Sorry for the confusion at the start, that was my fault, I should not have let Alex go into the pits before the start because that destroyed our usual odds left/evens right rule.

Gopher04
02-07-2015, 15:12
Just wondering if we have done a multi-class with the Radicals lately? and if who ever decides on Sundays combo, see if we can get a fairly even split.

Actually second thoughts might not be a good choice, these cars still seem to steer from the centre of the car, no feel what so ever from the tyres, and a off centre and twisted cockpit position, its like driving on a damp track with slicks.

Papa H
02-07-2015, 16:00
Sorry FlyingKman,,,,didnt answer you in the race , i didn't hear you i was concentrating so hard, i had a new guy in front of me , he was lagging real bad caused damage to my front end. couldnt get into the 2.02's, or low 2.03's after that

Roger

Elmo
02-07-2015, 17:07
I'm open to suggestions for Sunday, I should be around to host it.

Did anybody try yesterday to change his pit settings on the fly and got what he had set?

madmuffin1234
02-07-2015, 17:11
yes i change its on the fly when i pitted and it worked but i changed it before i got into the box.
also my a suggest we do Fa or Fb at silverstone

t0daY
02-07-2015, 17:22
What about FB at Imola or Hockenheim? :)

madmuffin1234
02-07-2015, 17:36
ye that sound like it would be a good race ^^^

Puffpirat
02-07-2015, 17:41
That would be cool since it was a draw at the vote.

Papa H
02-07-2015, 21:16
I'm open to suggestions for Sunday, I should be around to host it.

Did anybody try yesterday to change his pit settings on the fly and got what he had set?

I set my strategy while in quali, and it worked great

TonyR
02-07-2015, 23:07
That would be cool since it was a draw at the vote.

Yes, although 2 people voted for Ruf @ Silverstone after I officially closed the poll.

http://i.imgur.com/QxRyVut.png

falcon2081
03-07-2015, 01:48
So I finally get back in town this weekend. Can't wait to fire up some PCars. Anyone want to show me how to drive a car again for Sat and Sunday's race?...lol.

FlyingKman
03-07-2015, 08:04
Hello PapaH, its fine buddy i had that crash in the start and i could not get into my 6th gear even. Car was not good but i just enjoyed it. i had 46% damage before i started the race lol.

Elmo
03-07-2015, 09:51
Formula B @ Hockenheim GP sounds good - let's do it.

Please give me some feedback on tire wear and fuel consumption, so I can figure out race length (and pitstops maybe).

Stevie_F
03-07-2015, 20:21
Just done a stint.

50 Litres of fuel - 1 formation lap+28 laps(FP not a race). 1.3 litres left at end of it. Didn't manage to get avg fuel consumption but done a flying lap and it was 1.7+-.
The stint was about 42+- minutes and avg lap was 1:26.6xx, best lap was 1.25.5xx.
Pcars Profiler tire wear - Softs - FL 29, FR 15, RL 20, RR 17.
Weather and time - 12 noon, 5x time accel, clear, todays date.
Setup - Default apart from downforce.

Take what you want from it, thought I'd try and help out

Gopher04
03-07-2015, 22:08
Pretty much concur with Stevie..1.7 on average for fuel, base it around 1.8 for safety, that was with 50ltrs in the tank, average time 1.25's fastest in the 1.23's, tyres seem to run hot, but then again not sure what temps on these cars should be, but all 4 over 200° formation lap not good for this car we really need standing start like the real thing, so some practice on that side would be a good thing. You do seem to need downforce for this car, drop it to low and you will pay, for me anyways.

Puffpirat
04-07-2015, 16:44
I join in with the others. 80 liters of fuel with 1,7l/lap, or say 1,8l/lap, would be good for 44 laps, 47 max. 42-43 laps would a be a one hour race, depending on pace.

Tire wear on the front left will be the limiting factor anyway. I got about 2% per lap with a 1:23.x pace. Stevie managed to get 1%/lap so this could make things interesting.

Gopher over 200°F seem alright for this car :) It feels like they have their grip peak at about 210°F/100°C. And you're right, we can't do our normal pace lap procedure. When those tires cool down you're in trouble and the first laps would be madness. Maybe a short quali session and we start directly of the line?

NemethR
04-07-2015, 19:04
We did test T0day-s Dedicated Server today, and it was a lot of fun, sadly not to many guys turned up.

As for the server, we had only 1 lag spike, and i would say, that was not the servers fault, but it was the connection of T0day to the server.
It did run very smoothly.

We did 4 races I managed 3x 2nd places, adn a win... But what races those where...

First we did some warm up with the Clios, and Brands Hatch Indy.

Then GT3-s at the Nordschleife . One of the hardest races I ever done. Grats to AshRoy for winning that one, he beat me on the Döttinger Höhe, with a lower aero setting on the final lap. :) I was sweathing like if i would be in a shower :D

Then some Formula Rookies at Monaco (Azure Circuit). That was a lot more fun then I tought, we had some great fight with T0day, than we came together with a backmarker, that made me spin, and I lost my 2nd place, but then T0day crashed...
Ohh, and we had a nice chat...
T0day: Its so hard to overtake on this track...
Me: Its so easy to defend. :D
With the F Rookies Monaco seems really wide, you can actually very much enjoy driving on it, I would definately recommend this for a future race.
Facon did win this race, congrats to him!

And then we have gone really crazy, and set up a race at Oulton Park, with the LMP1 cars... in Thunderstorm.
That was a real survival race, even harder then the Nordschleife race, Actually only 2 of us finished it, with AshRoy in fisrt place.
Congrats to you, you seem to have a great feel for the really hardcore races!

Thanks to T0day, for the races!

ZiggyUK
04-07-2015, 19:43
How many were able to make it to the DS test ?

t0daY
04-07-2015, 19:49

At some point we were 15 I think, but nothing over 20 :(

NemethR
04-07-2015, 19:50

In total around 12-15
Some joined only the second race, others left the before the 2nd race, again others joined for the 3rd, and some left...

wodm
04-07-2015, 19:54
I was there for 1st race which ran a smooth as is possible. Unfortunately though I had to leave before 2nd race.

ZiggyUK
04-07-2015, 19:55
okay thanks, well it was a fine summer Saturday for most of our drivers so it is to be expected. Will arrange another DS test during the week.

Elmo
04-07-2015, 21:26
A rather short 28 lap race (~40 minutes) sounds alright for hot summer evening. I say let's give the standing start a try before the race and if we manage it okay, we do it for the race.

As reminder: Sunday 19:00 UTC - Formula B @ Hockenheim GP

falcon2081
05-07-2015, 01:29
I had a lot of fun today testing out the server with everyone. Formula Rookie race was a ton of fun. Still LOL at when t0day hit the barrier and literally smashed from one side of the guardrail to the other. It was good practice since I haven't played for 3 weeks. Wasn't too happy I had to redo all my FFB settings again because of the bug. It also sucks that I've been battling a flu as well. Hopefully I can race tomorrow.

Gopher04
05-07-2015, 07:30
You really don't have a choice when it comes to the start Elmo, if you do a formation lap it will be death at the start, the cold tyre grip with this car is way to low, you cant even get out off the pit exit without spinning somtimes, these tyre's should always be pre-warmed no matter what session but there not. And to be honest you have to go with a standing start, it's about realism, isn't it?

alex salmon
05-07-2015, 09:04
This may be a bit off topic but i know a few people were interested in seeing footage from my kart irl so i thought i may aswell put one on the clubs youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1n1BGEbWwQ&list=PL_1hbhh811EIVPb1oeIvxZtvxyTv73DHa&index=1

see you guys tonight :)

t0daY
05-07-2015, 09:49
This may be a bit off topic but i know a few people were interested in seeing footage from my kart irl so i thought i may aswell put one on the clubs youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1n1BGEbWwQ&list=PL_1hbhh811EIVPb1oeIvxZtvxyTv73DHa&index=1

see you guys tonight :)

its not offtopic... its just so awesome!! :D :)

alex salmon
05-07-2015, 11:22
haha thanks

AshRoy
05-07-2015, 11:35
We did test T0day-s Dedicated Server today, and it was a lot of fun, sadly not to many guys turned up.

As for the server, we had only 1 lag spike, and i would say, that was not the servers fault, but it was the connection of T0day to the server.
It did run very smoothly.

We did 4 races I managed 3x 2nd places, adn a win... But what races those where...

First we did some warm up with the Clios, and Brands Hatch Indy.

Then GT3-s at the Nordschleife . One of the hardest races I ever done. Grats to AshRoy for winning that one, he beat me on the Döttinger Höhe, with a lower aero setting on the final lap. :) I was sweathing like if i would be in a shower :D

Then some Formula Rookies at Monaco (Azure Circuit). That was a lot more fun then I tought, we had some great fight with T0day, than we came together with a backmarker, that made me spin, and I lost my 2nd place, but then T0day crashed...
Ohh, and we had a nice chat...
T0day: Its so hard to overtake on this track...
Me: Its so easy to defend. :D
With the F Rookies Monaco seems really wide, you can actually very much enjoy driving on it, I would definately recommend this for a future race.
Facon did win this race, congrats to him!

And then we have gone really crazy, and set up a race at Oulton Park, with the LMP1 cars... in Thunderstorm.
That was a real survival race, even harder then the Nordschleife race, Actually only 2 of us finished it, with AshRoy in fisrt place.
Congrats to you, you seem to have a great feel for the really hardcore races!

Thanks to T0day, for the races!

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Thoroughly enjoyed the challenging races, so much fun racing with this community, you can race so hard but so fair at the same time.

Definitely looking forward to racing with everyone again.

t0daY
05-07-2015, 11:37
old but gold :D get ready for the race tonight :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLxOLHf21CE

Marek Haase
05-07-2015, 16:31
So what is the attendance predicted for tonight's race??

David Hallowes
05-07-2015, 16:53

I was going to try and run but some things have come up :(

ZiggyUK
05-07-2015, 17:18

Marek Haase
05-07-2015, 18:01
I was going to try and run but some things have come up :(

We miss you David... :(

Gopher04
05-07-2015, 19:55
So many bad points in this race, I was the only one got cold blue tyres for the start of the race..flag and penalty system was awful, people getting track cut penalties for no reason, some as high as 20secs, yellow flags were staying on the track map, and some people weren't seeing blue flags, lets hope this gets fixed, as league racing is just going to be a no no. Apart from that the car and tyres were good, apart from cold tyre grip levels are ridiculously slippy.

cluck
05-07-2015, 20:02
The downside for me was getting hit (I will need to watch the reply to confirm this - because if I hit somebody then I will hold my hands up and apologise) in the 3rd corner of the 1st lap. By the time I'd made it back to the pits I was 2 laps down :(. But even after thumping the wall at high speed and going into the pits again, I soldiered on to finish.

I'll go watch the replay now (if it plays) and will edit my post if necessary.

EDIT : Whoever was in 4th place at the start (replays don't show the names) tapped my rear-left wheel coming out of turn 3. Whether I was slow out of the corner, I don't know, but probably a racing incident - we both went into the wall, I was just unlucky enough to lose a wheel doing so.

falcon2081
05-07-2015, 20:03
My race summary:
-Start was ridiculous. Almost managed to get into the wall off the start. Saved it then got off the grass.
-Held 3rd for pretty much the entire race.
-Doing high level racing while having a 102F FLU = Just no.:(
-I wore out by the last 2 laps, almost spun out saved it but lost my 12s gap to t0day. He ended up passing me shortly after. I was losing about a second a lap.
-Ended with 4th which is OK for me. Now its time for bed.
-Conclusion: Don't race when your sick!

t0daY
05-07-2015, 20:14
The downside for me was getting hit (I will need to watch the reply to confirm this - because if I hit somebody then I will hold my hands up and apologise) in the 3rd corner of the 1st lap. By the time I'd made it back to the pits I was 2 laps down :(. But even after thumping the wall at high speed and going into the pits again, I soldiered on to finish.

I'll go watch the replay now (if it plays) and will edit my post if necessary.

EDIT : Whoever was in 3rd place at the start (replays don't show the names) tapped my rear-left wheel coming out of turn 3. Whether I was slow out of the corner, I don't know, but probably a racing incident - we both went into the wall, I was just unlucky enough to lose a wheel doing so.

It was me cluck. You "hit" me at the 3rd corner xD... But I watched my recordings and the replay, in my opinion it wasnt your fault, you could left me maybe a bit more space. I didnt see you in my mirror at all, cant say whos fault it was... anyway sorry :(

*edit* I will upload my point of view, maybe we find the guilty one^^

cluck
05-07-2015, 20:39
It was me cluck. You "hit" me at the 3rd corner xD... But I watched my recordings and the replay, in my opinion it wasnt your fault, you could left me maybe a bit more space. I didnt see you in my mirror at all, cant say whos fault it was... anyway sorry :(

*edit* I will upload my point of view, maybe we find the guilty one^^That must be a different incident? I'm uploading a video now so it will be interesting to see if lag had any part in it. From my video replay, I was hit in the left-rear on the exit of turn 3 on the first lap.

I know I hit somebody (was in a red car, is all I can say) later in the race, who appeared to me to brake early into T2, so I went down the inside. Not sure how we collided, except maybe I was then slow out of T2. I immediately let whoever it was back past (I was unlapping myself at that point) and that person then suddenly went off the track to the left down the main straight and took out most of the brake markers. It was quite odd and I can only hope it wasn't my collision with them that caused it :o.

EDIT : Also, it was whoever started in 4th, not 3rd, sorry. It was the car immediately behind me on the grid at the start of the race.

David Hallowes
05-07-2015, 20:47
We miss you David... :(

SoonTM

cluck
05-07-2015, 20:50
SoonTMSMSoon™ I think you mean ;)

EDIT : This is the 1st lap incident taken from the replay file I saved. Just curious to see if it matches up with the other driver's replay in case lag played a part. There's no harm done, it's only a game after all :).

http://youtu.be/adiC2yPzF9g

t0daY
05-07-2015, 20:51
SMSoon™ I think you mean ;)

Thats the incident of my view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_evU9-3zI&feature=youtu.be

*edit* sh** quality because I rendered fast to upload it :D

Yorkie065
05-07-2015, 20:52
Sorry couldn't make it tonight. By the time stuff that was happening today had finished, and then me watching the F1, it had just gone 8. Should hopefully be there Weds though and look forward to seeing the combo for that race!

cluck
05-07-2015, 21:03

*edit* sh** quality because I rendered fast to upload it :DLooks far worse from your angle :D. No worries though, just one of those things :).

t0daY
05-07-2015, 21:12
Looks far worse from your angle :D. No worries though, just one of those things :).

I think we just realized we are side by side until we touched. Had no time to react, I just saw you on my right side and then it was too late... I really would like to see your ingame cockpit view, you knew I was at the inside? I am just curious about it^^

Anyway, I am really sorry about that accident :(. I had just 20% aerodamage and pitted in lap 12 because I had no topspeed down the straights...

t0daY
05-07-2015, 21:31
So many bad points in this race, I was the only one got cold blue tyres for the start of the race..flag and penalty system was awful, people getting track cut penalties for no reason, some as high as 20secs, yellow flags were staying on the track map, and some people weren't seeing blue flags, lets hope this gets fixed, as league racing is just going to be a no no. Apart from that the car and tyres were good, apart from cold tyre grip levels are ridiculously slippy.

In my opinion we should turn off the penalty system until there is a, at least, 95% reliability. I missed in turn 1 the breaking point, went wide off and got a 15sec/20sec penalty... But if we turn off the complete thing, the blue flags also disapper right? I am not sure, but the unnecessary penaltys are crap :/

cluck
05-07-2015, 21:36
No worries, it was just one of those racing incidents that happens from time to time :). At the time, I thought that I was further ahead of you than I was, so the tap came as quite a shock! Could I have moved further to the right? A small amount, yep, but only if I thought there was going to be a danger of contact. It all happened so quickly that chances are I wouldn't have had time to react anyway.

re. replay from my cockpit, you have PM.

t0daY
05-07-2015, 21:40
No worries, it was just one of those racing incidents that happens from time to time :). At the time, I thought that I was further ahead of you than I was, so the tap came as quite a shock! Could I have moved further to the right? A small amount, yep, but only if I thought there was going to be a danger of contact. It all happened so quickly that chances are I wouldn't have had time to react anyway.

re. replay from my cockpit, you have PM.

Your speakin out of me :) Next race we gonna fight without contact :P

Got no PM? :D

cluck
05-07-2015, 21:51
Your speakin out of me :) Next race we gonna fight without contact :P

Got no PM? :DYou have now ;). Sorry, posted that just before I sent the PM and then edited, re-edited and re-re-edited my PM to try and ensure none of it could be mis-interpreted :).

alex salmon
05-07-2015, 21:54
Can we try some tin tops next race? Me and twiggy tried out the BMW and Renault road cars they are great for close racing as theres no areo

t0daY
05-07-2015, 21:58
For all the other guys here, Cluck and I hate eachother and gonna kill eachother if we seeing us on the track again :D :D

No seriously... everything is fine, we were just curious about the situation and how it happend :) We didnt see eachother, we are both now damned to hell :D

Really like the idea of alex/twiggy, looking forward to the next race on wednesday :)

gift
05-07-2015, 23:20
well the race for me was pretty much over right after the start, a bit too much throttle and i crashed into a wall, lost a wheel and while on my way to the pits a fell 4 laps behind the whole field but i races this to the end and had a good stable pace.

and the atmosphere on the teamspeak was great, i enjoyed the race even though i finished last.

Marek Haase
05-07-2015, 23:23
The race was... eventful not to use stronger words.

For a change I felt that I had a pace to keep up with front runners but it wasn't to be for me.
Bad start followed by less than impressive first lap was just the beginning. When I finally regained some confidence I have collided with Elmo what has finished his race and crippled me.
Elmo lost it slightly in the middle of turn 3 and spun on the exit and I had a good run out of the same turn with boost already engaged and I didn't manage to avoid the collision... sorry Elmo.
As I forgot to prepare a suitable pit strategy for a situation like that I have decided to carry on and have finished in 5th position what wasn't that bad bearing all circumstances.

My race recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88Pby00TLI&feature=youtu.be

Incident with Elmo - 6:20

Edit:
It was really like British GP, 19 started 13 finished and most of the field lapped :P

miagi
06-07-2015, 01:11

*edit* sh** quality because I rendered fast to upload it :D

While still being just a race accident, it was t0daYs fault. Let me explain.
Reason: You have miss T2, went wide and then you went for inside-inside-inside on T3(that was what cluck expected too). But instead of going inside-inside-inside you went inside-inside-raceline without noticing or checking where other cars are. Just after the start there should be cars around anyway. Things like that don't happen with external view ;)

t0daY
06-07-2015, 02:31
While still being just a race accident, it was t0daYs fault. Let me explain.
Reason: You have miss T2, went wide and then you went for inside-inside-inside on T3(that was what cluck expected too). But instead of going inside-inside-inside you went inside-inside-raceline without noticing or checking where other cars are. Just after the start there should be cars around anyway. Things like that don't happen with external view ;)

Wish real drivers had also an external view :D Well I have to say, its inside-inside-(sth between racingline and inside xDD), because the normal racingline would be half a car on the curbs^^ (mb even 3/4 :D)

If I would looked in the lower left corner, I would have seen that I am second place and could guess cluck is at the right side. I just did not realise it... In my opinion its our both fault, because both of us didnt look at each other... and taking t3 inside after missing t2 going really wide is a little bit heavy :P :P

Cant do more then apologize, when we see ya again on track miagi? :)

falcon2081
06-07-2015, 02:34
The race was... eventful not to use stronger words.

For a change I felt that I had a pace to keep up with front runners but it wasn't to be for me.
Bad start followed by less than impressive first lap was just the beginning. When I finally regained some confidence I have collided with Elmo what has finished his race and crippled me.
Elmo lost it slightly in the middle of turn 3 and spun on the exit and I had a good run out of the same turn with boost already engaged and I didn't manage to avoid the collision... sorry Elmo.
As I forgot to prepare a suitable pit strategy for a situation like that I have decided to carry on and have finished in 5th position what wasn't that bad bearing all circumstances.

My race recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88Pby00TLI&feature=youtu.be

Incident with Elmo - 6:20

Edit:
It was really like British GP, 19 started 13 finished and most of the field lapped :P

LMAO you hear me at the start saying "ohhhh shit" then other people say the same. Good times.

Puffpirat
06-07-2015, 04:54
My wife asked me where I finished and I said you can call me Lewis ;)

Jk, not getting overly excited with myself, I got lucky I survived lap 1. Started in P12 and had to avoid a few cars on the grid. By the time we reached T1 I was already battling Will for P3. The incident with t0daY and cluck made us battle for the lead. Bad luck, we could have had a nice 4way fight for the lead. t0daY your pace was amazing, the best I could manage was a 1:23.6.

I'm off for a 2 week business trip to Spain, car testing :D see you all!

cluck
06-07-2015, 08:03
I can't drive with external view, no idea why (that's with or without the Oculus) but I guess it might be because I've raced from cockpit view for so long that any other view feels unnatural. Having a Rift helps enormously but I often forget that most of you don't have one.

As t0day already posted, we uploaded our videos to see how the incident occurred and also to see if lag accounted for it in any way. No harm done, onwards to the next race :yes:.

I'll watch my replay again later to see if I can work out who it was I made contact with just after T2 later in the race (I just recall the car being red! Sheesh, I'm as bad as my mother - MUM: "I saw a really sleek car on the road today" ME: "Ooh, what was it? Ferrari? Aston Martin?" MUM: "It was dark blue, does that help?" :D). I suspect that one was my fault.

Gopher04
06-07-2015, 08:21
I can't drive with external view, no idea why (that's with or without the Oculus) but I guess it might be because I've raced from cockpit view for so long that any other view feels unnatural.

I'm exactly the same Cluck, and probably for the same reason, but on the flip side we are the real sim racer's...

miagi
06-07-2015, 11:50
Wish real drivers had also an external view :D Well I have to say, its inside-inside-(sth between racingline and inside xDD), because the normal racingline would be half a car on the curbs^^ (mb even 3/4 :D)

If I would looked in the lower left corner, I would have seen that I am second place and could guess cluck is at the right side. I just did not realise it... In my opinion its our both fault, because both of us didnt look at each other... and taking t3 inside after missing t2 going really wide is a little bit heavy :P :P

I just want to explain how I see the cause and effect so everyone can learn something from it. The top racers here(and I'm not talking about pace so much) have half an eye on the car behind and they understand the situation before it happens.

Lets take that as an example, just after T1 I would have looked into the mirror, you see a car close to you, close enough for an attack on the next corner. So just after T1 and with not much time you already had to make the decision for inside line (cover) or normal line in T2. You stayed on the race line, so I would have looked for an attack. However then you ran wide in T2, knowing how much time that costs and how close the other car was before T2, I would have expected the other car to be side by side with me. Expecting that there is no other choice than running inside-inside-inside on T3. And yes it is heavy, because of the bump the car can even spin on that line, but still the other car grabbed the regular line and solid objects are solid. I probably would have gone bit off throttle in T3 on that line and tried an attack into the hair pin instead. (And even if that attack into the hair pin wouldn't have worked, P2 is still better than a crash/spin in the first lap ;))

Cant do more then apologize, when we see ya again on track miagi? :)
Yes well done, no one expects more from you I'm just here for some racing chit-chat.

Besides that I don't have much time because of Formula Student, I had a problem with my windows profil on my gaming pc, I logged into the safe mode and that worked, there for whatever weird reason I changed the password. No I can't log on at all because it tells me the password is wrong ._.
So I have to reinstall windows and stuff and I just couldn't be bothered recently. But I'm already looking forward to race with you guys again!!!

PS: ppl should show of with the skill, knowing what happens around their car in a race, not with what view they are racing :eagerness:

PerFixAlot
06-07-2015, 12:29
Besides that I don't have much time because of Formula Student, I had a problem with my windows profil on my gaming pc, I logged into the safe mode and that worked, there for whatever weird reason I changed the password. No I can't log on at all because it tells me the password is wrong ._.
So I have to reinstall windows and stuff and I just couldn't be bothered recently. But I'm already looking forward to race with you guys again!!!

Which operating system do you have on that PC?

If it is Windows 8/8.1, maybe you need to start safe mode with networking, so it can verify the password online with your account:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/locked-out-of-windows-81-in-safe-mode/e55c85ff-d370-42d1-bc8f-2f51241266e5

Neil Bateman
06-07-2015, 14:13
Sure i saw somewhere a link to all the TGC liveries, can anyone help cant seem to find it.

Thanks.

Elmo
06-07-2015, 15:37
This Wednesday there won't be an official race. Instead we are going for bug hunting. Got a list from the devs of items to check out if they are still broken or to find repro cases for existing bugs.

Sounds a bit dull, but it doesn't have to be - we can try out fun combos while doing this and with TGC a lot of banter is always a given.

We start from 18:00 UTC, but people can jump in and out at any point.

cluck
06-07-2015, 15:45
Will there be any xenomorphs involved Elmo?

Elmo
06-07-2015, 16:13
You never know, but

NemethR
06-07-2015, 16:27
This Wednesday there won't be an official race. Instead we are going for bug hunting. Got a list from the devs of items to check out if they are still broken or to find repro cases for existing bugs.

Sounds a bit dull, but it doesn't have to be - we can try out fun combos while doing this and with TGC a lot of banter is always a given.

I would be up for that.
Will most likely miss the first 20 mins, but will join after.

t0daY
06-07-2015, 16:35

Sounds good :P Would it also be possible to use/test my ds for it? In the past several people had an issue with the ds. We did already a test session last saturday, which was great with no real big issues. But I would like to test more people at the same time, want to find out what is possible. Because I have still no idea if the problem is on client side or server side. Whats your opinion about that elmo? :P

*edit*

First of all I want to say a thank you for all those people who helped me on last saturday with the dedicated server testing :) We had no problems at all, "but" we were only at max around 15 people. Several people had in the past NCC races problems with the DS, thats why I want to run another test session with maybe more people :) If we would reach about 30 people, we could run 2 DS at the same time.

Our last testsession on saturday was a lot of fun. We had the clios on brands hatch, gt3 cars at the nordschleife, frookies at monaco and lmp1 cars at oulton park (with thunderstorm :D). The testsession will be like that:
15min Practice and after that a 6-10lap race. We can run different car/track combos, so its not gettin boring :P

If anyone is interested, I will run tomorrow (7th July) at 17:00 UTC (its 18:00 in the UK and mostly 19:00 in the rest of europe) another testsession with my dedicated server. I will be around 16:30 UTC in the teamspeak, feel free to join me :)

See ya maybe tomorrow ;)

Elmo
06-07-2015, 16:53
Sounds good :P Would it also be possible to use/test my ds for it? In the past several people had an issue with the ds. We did already a test session last saturday, which was great with no real big issues. But I would like to test more people at the same time, want to find out what is possible. Because I have still no idea if the problem is on client side or server side. Whats your opinion about that elmo? :P

Sure thing :)

miagi
06-07-2015, 18:17
Which operating system do you have on that PC?

If it is Windows 8/8.1, maybe you need to start safe mode with networking, so it can verify the password online with your account:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/locked-out-of-windows-81-in-safe-mode/e55c85ff-d370-42d1-bc8f-2f51241266e5
Nee, it's windows 7. I can't make an pw reset disk/flash-drive on an other pc and use it on that pc then?!

cluck
06-07-2015, 18:29
Besides that I don't have much time because of Formula Student, I had a problem with my windows profil on my gaming pc, I logged into the safe mode and that worked, there for whatever weird reason I changed the password. No I can't log on at all because it tells me the password is wrong . Download something called Trinity Rescue Kit and burn it to a CD. Boot up on that and use the winpass utility on it to reset your password. Works a treat :yes:.

Trinity Rescue Kit Download Link
(http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT_DOWNLOAD)
I've used this countless times to get customers out of the crap :).

ZiggyUK
06-07-2015, 19:11
You never know, but

Is that aimed at me Elmo !!!

http://www.propstore.com/product-images/142/116079.jpg

ZiggyUK
06-07-2015, 19:13
In my opinion we should turn off the penalty system until there is a, at least, 95% reliability. I missed in turn 1 the breaking point, went wide off and got a 15sec/20sec penalty... But if we turn off the complete thing, the blue flags also disapper right? I am not sure, but the unnecessary penaltys are crap :/

Yep the flags Yellow , Green & Blue are all tied into the Penalty system. We need those flags separated from the timed penalties really but what can we do. Penalty system will remain on.

ZiggyUK
06-07-2015, 19:17
Sure i saw somewhere a link to all the TGC liveries, can anyone help cant seem to find it.

Thanks.

I have them all but there is no "Stored" area online, You can access some of them from the WMD Forum and I have posted a few links up in the NCC thread at times.

I was wondering over the weekend whether or not to make a [TGC] Livery Download Thread.

I need to get back onto creating more TGC liveries with maybe help from some volunteers again.

Was there a specific livery you were after Neil ?

miagi
06-07-2015, 21:50
Download something called Trinity Rescue Kit and burn it to a CD. Boot up on that and use the winpass utility on it to reset your password. Works a treat :yes:.

Trinity Rescue Kit Download Link
(http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT_DOWNLOAD)
I've used this countless times to get customers out of the crap :).

I'm back baby!! It was an account problem, the wrong password was just a cherry on top. I had "t (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215/de-de)his (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215)" problem. Did some "highly technical things" in the registry, like renaming and editing :satellite: and now the spirit of the windows install is friendly again ^^

t0daY
06-07-2015, 22:24
I'm back baby!! It was an account problem, the wrong password was just a cherry on top. I had "t (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215/de-de)his (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215)" problem. Did some "highly technical things" in the registry, like renaming and editing :satellite: and now the spirit of the windows install is friendly again ^^

yeeeaaaah :) Cant wait to race into äääääh with you ;) :D :D

Neil Bateman
07-07-2015, 05:50
I have them all but there is no "Stored" area online, You can access some of them from the WMD Forum and I have posted a few links up in the NCC thread at times.

I was wondering over the weekend whether or not to make a [TGC] Livery Download Thread.

I need to get back onto creating more TGC liveries with maybe help from some volunteers again.

Was there a specific livery you were after Neil ?

Well all of them really, i found a couple but will continue to look until i find all of them.

ZiggyUK
07-07-2015, 15:32
@Neil. "All" as in All the ones we managed to get done. The creators were not getting the recognition they deserved and we stopped doing them in the end. The following are the ones I can remember

Ariel Atom 300 supercharged
Ariel Atom Mugen
Ariel Atom 500 V8 2011
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Aston Martin Hybrid Hydrogen Rapide S
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2013 vC
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2013 vZ
BAC Mono 2011
BMW M3 E92 GT 2012
BMW M3 E92 GT4 2012
BMW Z4 GT3 2012
Formula C
Formula Gulf 1000 2012
Formula Rookie (Formula Ford 1600 2011)
Ginetta G40 Junior
Ginetta G55 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT4 vT
Ginetta G55 GT4 vZ
Gumpert Apollo S
LMP1 – Marek RP 339H (PM06a)
LMP2 - Marek RP 219D (PM06b)
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 2012
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Radical SR3 RS
Radical SR8 RX
Renault Megane RS 2014
Renault Clio IV RS cup
Ruf CTR3
Ruf CTR3 SMS-R
RUF RGT-8 GT3

I do want to continue when time allows to have a least one livery for every vehicle within the title although that is not a high priority for me just at this moment.

javoresku
07-07-2015, 16:39

Just want to clarify something - is this open for us PNC guys?

Timmynator
07-07-2015, 19:44
@miagi: Congrats, you just managed to hack yourself ;) Well, your SID anyways...

@Neil. "All" as in All the ones we managed to get done. The creators were not getting the recognition they deserved and we stopped doing them in the end. The following are the ones I can remember
*/snip list*

I do have a version of the Aston GT3, don't think we ever got around to properly critiquing it, though. Some screens to jog the memory:

Elmo
07-07-2015, 22:07
Just want to clarify something - is this open for us PNC guys?

Yes, everybody that wants to help is welcome.

Neil Bateman
08-07-2015, 06:31

Ariel Atom 300 supercharged
Ariel Atom Mugen
Ariel Atom 500 V8 2011
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Aston Martin Hybrid Hydrogen Rapide S
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2013 vC
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2013 vZ
BAC Mono 2011
BMW M3 E92 GT 2012
BMW M3 E92 GT4 2012
BMW Z4 GT3 2012
Formula C
Formula Gulf 1000 2012
Formula Rookie (Formula Ford 1600 2011)
Ginetta G40 Junior
Ginetta G55 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT4 vT
Ginetta G55 GT4 vZ
Gumpert Apollo S
LMP1 – Marek RP 339H (PM06a)
LMP2 - Marek RP 219D (PM06b)
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 2012
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Radical SR3 RS
Radical SR8 RX
Renault Megane RS 2014
Renault Clio IV RS cup
Ruf CTR3
Ruf CTR3 SMS-R
RUF RGT-8 GT3

I do want to continue when time allows to have a least one livery for every vehicle within the title although that is not a high priority for me just at this moment.

Didn't know there was so many but i still want them all, will do some searching after work.

Will Fly
08-07-2015, 12:33
So Elmo what are we looking for tonight
any clues on cars tracks or will it be decide on the night.

Elmo
08-07-2015, 17:31
So Elmo what are we looking for tonight
any clues on cars tracks or will it be decide on the night.

Cars and Track we decide on what people want to try.

This are the things in want to look at tonight:

Same player that was fasted in the first Qualifying will always be on pole
AI stops working once the host leaves
Headlights don't get repaired during a pit stop (not visible for your opponent)
Running out of fuel after finishing the race leads to a DQ
Adjusting pit strategy on the fly
Creating different pit strategies for different cars and see if you get the correct one

We are going to try to find methods to reproduce them.

ZiggyUK
08-07-2015, 17:31
Didn't know there was so many but i still want them all, will do some searching after work.

I will arrange an "cloud" area and put them all up if that helps. I remember I did start this or it may have been on our old website but I can sort through and do it again.

ZiggyUK
08-07-2015, 17:34
I do have a version of the Aston GT3, don't think we ever got around to properly critiquing it, though. Some screens to jog the memory:

@Timmy, yeah I kind of remember this. Can you email me some more screenshots please so we can get this out into the wild soon.

Neil Bateman
08-07-2015, 17:40
I will arrange an "cloud" area and put them all up if that helps. I remember I did start this or it may have been on our old website but I can sort through and do it again.

Ziggy please dont spend hours sorting them out on my account, i am happy to weed them all out one by one, the little blighters will never escape.

Roel de Meulder
08-07-2015, 20:12
When trying to join an open lobby with a chain of rejoins with the locked menu bug.
The menu didn't just keep locked, the game froze and crashed. In hoping it'll help fixing the locked options bug, here's my debug file.

miagi
08-07-2015, 20:12
BMW V12 LMP - no context

ps: Gophers "invisible" wall
http://youtu.be/hEss7SQ2XqU

Elmo
08-07-2015, 21:19
Thanks again for the help tonight chaps. A quite productive session that will help to improve the game in the future.

Also it was quite fun, had a few good laughs ("I am screaming!").

Don't forget to hand in your car suggestions for Sunday. We are going to China!

Will Fly
08-07-2015, 23:28
radicals for me been a me love you long time.

t0daY
08-07-2015, 23:44
what about the C-Class Coupé DTM? Or the 78 Cosworth? :D :D

javoresku
09-07-2015, 06:56
Last night was my first TGC non-NCC event. I was a little apprehensive about mixing it with "the big boys", but it went better than I expected. Even in an unofficial session like this, someone was asking if he hit me because he saw me spin (on my own) and go into the wall after he passed me. I will try to join more races with you guys.
Regarding the bugs, here are my thoughts:

Qualifying - I think that was OK. I got to start where I qualified every time, but I was never even close to pole position.
AI stops working when the host leaves - I think that was OK. AI kept driving, mostly into non-AI cars.
Headlights - OK.
DQ if you run out of fuel - Still there.
Pit strategies - I think OK. Every time I got the amount of fuel I ordered. Not sure about tires and pressures.

One other bug I found - when I try to take a screenshot with "PrintScreen" button on keyboard, I get an image of my desktop.

Gopher04
09-07-2015, 07:04
radicals for me been a me love you long time.

I would of voted for these as well Will, but tested a couple of weeks ago and found them awful, they pivot in the centre, don't really steer from the front and they are as numb as you can get with the ffb..

My vote would be to go with the 78T, but we have just done the FB.

javoresku
09-07-2015, 07:27
Group A. Never driven any of them ingame but had an E30 M3 IRL at one stage.

Will Fly
09-07-2015, 10:20
I would of voted for these as well Will, but tested a couple of weeks ago and found them awful, they pivot in the centre, don't really steer from the front and they are as numb as you can get with the ffb..

My vote would be to go with the 78T, but we have just done the FB.

drove this lastnight with default round somna or what ever you call it which is not an easy track for the rear end and thought they were ok
maybe a bit of set up can cure them ?

maybe Miagi can tame them.

cluck
09-07-2015, 10:39
That was good fun last night. My apologies for the wayward driving with the Macca F1, I haven't driven it since the new tyres got checked in (but damn, when you hook it up, that car is a whole bag of fun :D).

re., what we were searching for :-

• Qualifying - I had no problems, I started each race from exactly the position I qualified in.
• AI stops working when the host leaves - Nope, they carried on driving after the host left.
• Headlights - didn't check
• DQ if you run out of fuel - didn't check
• Pit strategies - no idea, sorry :o.

Have to say, it was interesting after the TGC testing. A few of us headed into the wild of the public lobby and I just wish I'd recorded the race at Watkins Glen - I beat miagi to 2nd place by ..... wait for it ..... 0.003s :eek:. I wish I'd saved the replay to see how close it was :).

Timmynator
09-07-2015, 11:49
Jin Ding, huh? How about we throw the Mono around that. On Prime tires, the softs make it way to easy and fast to drive...

NemethR
09-07-2015, 13:23

Zhuhai was built for F1, and LMP cars to race on, F1 did never made it there, butEndurance racing was popular, with the 6 Hours of Zhuhai.

So I wote:
LMP1 + LMP2 + LMP900 mixed class race :)
Would be interesting to compare these classes against each other in a race.

We could even simulate 6 hours of time progression in an 1 hour race, and finish at night.

falcon2081
09-07-2015, 17:33
The only thing I noticed when we were testing when it came to pit strategies is that the game is still not getting the tire pressures i initially set in the car's tuning page. Unless of course that's by design and you have to manually input it in the pit strategy itself before the race? It would be nice if the game just automatically got those pressure's as sometimes I forget to set the pressures in the pit strats page too.

FlyingKman
09-07-2015, 22:23
i suggest a fun day for sunday, so take all the cars each get a number and that is the car u drive excluding the carts. We can get epic passes and ppl challenging and pushing the car you get. how we get the numbers though will be the problem. or i like nemethR suggestion.