PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

NemethR
09-07-2015, 22:31
or i like nemethR suggestion.

There is a "Like" button below every post to the left... Use it.
But don't tell anyone :D

Gopher04
10-07-2015, 07:53
Going back to the Radicals, looks like Remco has picked up on the way it feels & drives as well.

I drove the car yesterday at Zuhai (default set-up) and found it way too unstable at the rear compared to what I would expect from such a pure race car. Cold tyres magnify it, but even on warm tyres it is easy to get the rear end sliding out in the slow tight corners, either by trail braking, going off-throttle, going over the inside kerbs or just because of undulations in the road surface.

It feels to me that the tyres are overwhelmed too easily causing them to lose all grip. Lowering rear slow rebound and increasing coast diff didn't help much. My problem is twofold: the rear loses it too easily (perhaps set-up related) and when grip is lost it takes forever to regain (feels tyre-related).

Assuming that the default set-up is either safe or representative for the real car's set-up, I think that it behaves way too evil for such a car.

Elmo
10-07-2015, 08:05
The only thing I noticed when we were testing when it came to pit strategies is that the game is still not getting the tire pressures i initially set in the car's tuning page. Unless of course that's by design and you have to manually input it in the pit strategy itself before the race? It would be nice if the game just automatically got those pressure's as sometimes I forget to set the pressures in the pit strats page too.

The tire pressures should be fixed with the next patch.

miagi
10-07-2015, 09:31
Going back to the Radicals, looks like Remco has picked up on the way it feels & drives as well.
I had that with the LMP2s resp. the Orecas before. I'd rather suggest lowering coast diff. The problem is not instability, it is that the tires go over the peak grip and fall off too much. Increasing the diff lock will do exactly that, it will tight the wheels together, it brings stability as long as the tires have grip but it will make them lose their grip both at once what is more violently in the end.

madmuffin1234
10-07-2015, 14:49
here we see a wild flyingkmann in desice

Photonenbert
10-07-2015, 20:52
Just did some test runs at Zhuhai and I found the LMP2 suits it pretty well.

A mixed class race with LMP1/2/900 as Nemeth suggested sounds good :)

falcon2081
11-07-2015, 01:22
I'm down for anything. Lately I've been on a Superkart binge. God I love those things.

Elmo
11-07-2015, 12:34
For tomorrow night (19:00 UTC) we are going to the Zhuhai International Circuit

We are going for the "smaller" prototypes this time, since I have something different in mind for the big prototypes soon :)

The cars: Caterham SP/300.R vs. Radical SR8-RX (Class 1) and Palmer Jaguar JP-LM (Class 2)

Gopher04
11-07-2015, 13:34
since I have something different in mind for the big prototypes soon

Wild guess as it coming up on the calendar...SPA.

Timmynator
11-07-2015, 17:41
Good thing since I'm rubbish in the LMP cars... well LMP1 at least and the Speed 8 isn't much better. The Oreca is pretty much the only one I can halfway drive until it gets a bump on the nose and blows its engine.

I can also never remember which LMP1/2 car gets what kind of KERS/ERS/DRS/chickensoup/whatevermagicitscalled...

Topsie
11-07-2015, 18:16
Good thing since I'm rubbish in the LMP cars... well LMP1 at least and the Speed 8 isn't much better. The Oreca is pretty much the only one I can halfway drive until it gets a bump on the nose and blows its engine.

I can also never remember which LMP1/2 car gets what kind of KERS/ERS/DRS/chickensoup/whatevermagicitscalled...

That Cat has it

Photonenbert
11-07-2015, 19:14
how many laps?

Elmo
11-07-2015, 20:05
1+38 laps :)

Should give an hour of running

Timmynator
11-07-2015, 20:06
That Cat has it

Wasn't that the 6x 10 sec. push2pass for the entire race or something?

€dit: Elmo, you forgot about ToD ;) Or are we playing Russian Weather Roulette?

miagi
11-07-2015, 20:12
Guys that want to drive the Cat might be in for a surprise :/

Stevie_F
11-07-2015, 21:29
Who's racing in the Jag?

Tricky
11-07-2015, 21:34
Guys that want to drive the Cat might be in for a surprise :/

As much as I love the Caterham, it's almost 200bhp/tonne down on the SR8-RX :(

miagi
11-07-2015, 21:37
Who's racing in the Jag?
I will, its not very exciting on that track but I like it more than the other two.

Stevie_F
11-07-2015, 21:44
I will, its not very exciting on that track but I like it more than the other two.

Yeah I have the same view, if a few people run it then it'll be better. I'm going to use it too. average time is 1:32's so they're not too far off the pace

Gopher04
11-07-2015, 21:58
The Caterham & Jag are so dull, atleast the Rad has abit more thrill to it, but it's taken ages to get a half decent setup, but now I can hit the mid/low 1.25's..

Photonenbert
12-07-2015, 09:04
The Caterham & Jag are so dull, atleast the Rad has abit more thrill to it, but it's taken ages to get a half decent setup, but now I can hit the mid/low 1.25's..

Yeah, its not easy to get a good setup. Im having trouble trusting the car through the corners. Mostly due to setup but also because the track is quite difficult actually.

The hairpins close up on exit, the first turn has a huge bump mid through and the 3rd corner is just shitty :p

Yorkie065
12-07-2015, 11:30
What are the weather conditions for the race? People always seem to forget them and create a setup for conditions that are terrible to those we are actually racing in.

Elmo
12-07-2015, 11:41
Starting time will be Noon, weather will be set to Real :)

t0daY
12-07-2015, 13:32
Well there are some setup issues with the radical in my opinion :D no matter what ur changing, it feels almost the same way, no time gaining, nothing... its like sms forgot to activate the setup on the radical :D

Anyone with the same issue here? :D

Photonenbert
12-07-2015, 13:36
Well there are some setup issues with the radical in my opinion :D no matter what ur changing, it feels almost the same way, no time gaining, nothing... its like sms forgot to activate the setup on the radical :D

indeed
no matter what I change the car feels untrustworthy and inconsistent. I dont get it :confused:

Gopher04
12-07-2015, 14:02

Has been noted by Remco so hopefully be looked into, this is his view.

I drove the car yesterday at Zuhai (default set-up) and found it way too unstable at the rear compared to what I would expect from such a pure race car. Cold tyres magnify it, but even on warm tyres it is easy to get the rear end sliding out in the slow tight corners, either by trail braking, going off-throttle, going over the inside kerbs or just because of undulations in the road surface.

It feels to me that the tyres are overwhelmed too easily causing them to lose all grip. Lowering rear slow rebound and increasing coast diff didn't help much. My problem is twofold: the rear loses it too easily (perhaps set-up related) and when grip is lost it takes forever to regain (feels tyre-related).

Assuming that the default set-up is either safe or representative for the real car's set-up, I think that it behaves way too evil for such a car.

Stevie_F
12-07-2015, 14:27
Ok so on average I'm using around 2/2.1 litres a lap in the Jag and it has a 77 litre fuel tank. 1+38 laps gives me around 78 litres, give or take on the formation lap so this could be a case of managing fuel to get to the end of the race without a pitstop. I think tyres will be ok for the duration of the race, presuming the weather is clear and not raining buckets. I haven't checked the Rad or Cat, anyone know what there fuel tank carrys? And there consumption?

PerFixAlot
12-07-2015, 14:30
Lowering tire pressure to 1.15 made a 1.5s difference for me. But otherwise, I agree, it doesn't seem to have much impact changing the setup.

PerFixAlot
12-07-2015, 14:33
Ok so on average I'm using around 2/2.1 litres a lap in the Jag and it has a 77 litre fuel tank. 1+38 laps gives me around 78 litres, give or take on the formation lap so this could be a case of managing fuel to get to the end of the race without a pitstop. I think tyres will be ok for the duration of the race, presuming the weather is clear and not raining buckets. I haven't checked the Rad or Cat, anyone know what there fuel tank carrys? And there consumption?

I did 40 laps in the Radical, I had just over 6L left, starting on a full tank.

Elmo
12-07-2015, 14:57
Don't forget you will be getting lapped in the Palmer - so a full fuel tank should just do it :)

falcon2081
12-07-2015, 16:33
Well that explains it! I knew something was off with the Radical. To the point where I was even doubting myself with how inconsistent it is. Heck I even told Miagi yesterday something was odd with the rear of the car. Good to know I am not crazy after all lol. I was able to do mid 1:25's but with how inconsistent the car is my pace is going to be more around mid to high 1:26's.

Timmynator
12-07-2015, 16:41
Not sure yet if I'll make it tonight, seems the constantly changing weather has given me something of a flu :-\

falcon2081
12-07-2015, 16:46
Not sure yet if I'll make it tonight, seems the constantly changing weather has given me something of a flu :-\

I raced with a flu a couple of Sunday's ago. Don't do it. You will regret it lol.

Neil Bateman
12-07-2015, 16:48
Whats the best thing to change to stop the back end coming round all the time, yet to get a full clean lap in, either i'm half losing the rear or it goes around, 1:28 is the best having to drive a little cautiously all the time.

t0daY
12-07-2015, 16:53
Whats the best thing to change to stop the back end coming round all the time, yet to get a full clean lap in, either i'm half losing the rear or it goes around, 1:28 is the best having to drive a little cautiously all the time.

Still doesnt explain why specific setup adjustments changing nothing... For me there is no difference between a max. soften and max. stiffen front/rear. As i mentioned earlier, its like they have forgot to enable the setup for the radical :D

Elmo
12-07-2015, 17:06
Well there are also two other cars to drive tonight chaps :)

I will have a go in the Palmer. Works out of the box and it is fun to push!

falcon2081
12-07-2015, 17:14
I know we will be using real settings with the Radical but I have found that having ABS on seems to help in not getting that rear to step out. I gave up on tuning the car. Only thing I changed was the tire pressures, higher downforce, and when the traction control kicks in. Everything else is default. I was still doing 1.25's but I know that won't be the case during the race.

PerFixAlot
12-07-2015, 17:39
Here's my Radical setup, for no assists, and I have a bad shoulder so I lower the steering ratio quite a bit to avoid moving the wheel too much.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/146917449

The trick, for me, is to do things about quarter of a second before you usually would, i.e. break and turn. Except downshifting, do that a bit slower, it seems to affect oil temps more than high revs when shifting up.

Neil Bateman
12-07-2015, 17:43
Going with the palmer i think, dont want to spend an hour trying not to spin lol.

I dont think having a crappy feeling G27 helps, just cant get a good feeling since 2.0.

Timmynator
12-07-2015, 18:13
Quick question, is anybody else experiencing really heavy and kinda dull FFB recently? Seems to be especially prevalent in the Radical for me, but had it in the LMPs as well...

Don't recall changing any FFB settings, my wheel settings are:

SEN = Aut (so 900°)
FF = 95
Sho = OFF
ABS = OFF
LIN = OFF
DEA = OFF
DRI = OFF
FOR = 100
SPR = OFF
DPR = OFF

Those gave me good feedback until recently, but I can't pinpoint what changed. Feels like a really heavy centering spring lying over all other effects...

falcon2081
12-07-2015, 20:10
Today's Race Results. Congrats to everyone. Team Rad Green got 3-4 (Myself, Yorkie) lol.

Stevie_F
12-07-2015, 20:14
Post race results

Tricky
12-07-2015, 20:15
Not a bad race, I'll stick up a video tomorrow. Shame some of the Jag's got together as it rather ended any chance for on track racing. I ended up 2nd with a 10 second gap infront and behind for most of the race. Most of the lapping went very smoothly, only odd bit but was Nuno clipping me while on the s/f straight giving me minor damage ?!

Apollopt
12-07-2015, 21:04
Not a bad race, I'll stick up a video tomorrow. Shame some of the Jag's got together as it rather ended any chance for on track racing. I ended up 2nd with a 10 second gap infront and behind for most of the race. Most of the lapping went very smoothly, only odd bit but was Nuno clipping me while on the s/f straight giving me minor damage ?!

Sorry m8. I was so slow on straights (was using to much aero), that i was trying to get some slipstream from you when suddenly it makes effect and i tried to pass you but was a bit too late.

As for my race, for me was a nice experience on a car i never drived before, i was overtake by the first 4 if im not mistaken and always give them a easy life on it.
All the other overtakes i did was also done smoothly.

Pamellaaa
12-07-2015, 21:15
Going with the palmer i think, dont want to spend an hour trying not to spin lol.

I dont think having a crappy feeling G27 helps, just cant get a good feeling since 2.0.

Quick question, is anybody else experiencing really heavy and kinda dull FFB recently? Seems to be especially prevalent in the Radical for me, but had it in the LMPs as well...

I had similar issues, doing this fixed it for me:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33699-Temporary-solution-for-FFB-BUG-Logitech-DFGT-(possibly-G25-G27-too)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33710-Temporary-solution-for-FFB-BUG-Thrustmaster-TX-458-%28may-work-for-T500-T300%29

I followed the Thrustmaster one and it works perfectly on my T500RS (I used 100 in the Thrustmaster control panel to give a slightly heavier wheel)

ZiggyUK
13-07-2015, 03:25

Don't recall changing any FFB settings, my wheel settings are:

SEN = Aut (so 900°)
FF = 95
Sho = OFF
ABS = OFF
LIN = OFF
DEA = OFF
DRI = OFF
FOR = 100
SPR = OFF
DPR = OFF

Those gave me good feedback until recently, but I can't pinpoint what changed. Feels like a really heavy centering spring lying over all other effects...

Not sure if it helps but try knocking back the FORCE to 80 or 90 rather than 100 and see if that makes it feel better to you.

PerFixAlot
13-07-2015, 07:40
The Radical is an odd car, and I was kind of expecting a lot of contact in this race, because it is hard to adjust it once you make a little mistake. But, I think was a good and clean race overall, just a few bumps here and there, yet no more than usual.
Here's my recording of the race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go6W-51TVbo

03:00 The race starts, I am in 5th position.
I don't trust this car, it just isn't responsive at all, and was quite averse to getting close to others in the corners. so I was a bit slow to begin with and was down to 8th, at the end of the first lap I was 7th.
04:35 At the start of the 2nd lap I overtake Nuno, but get nudged out in the corner. I didn't loose a lot of time but I am now in 9th place.
06:42 Overtaking Alex, and I am back to 7th.
07:34 Overtaking Nuno for 6th position.
10:05 Overtaking Papa H.
11:05 Overtaking Neil. I am now in 4th, 6s behind Yorkie.
13:27 I catch up to Yorkie, I think I am a bit faster, but I don't trust the car enough to attempt overtaking just yet.
14:30 Overtaking Yorkie.
15:37 I have a brain fart and turn too early/much, I didn't think it was possible to over steer this car, and Yorkie overtakes me.
18:20 I guess Yorkie spins and I am back in 3rd place, around 4s behind Falcon2081.
23:58 I overtake Falcon2081, and start chasing Gopher.
I was just over 24s behind at that point and we were quite evenly matched, so that was pretty much how it stayed for the rest of the race.
In the remaining 23 laps I gain only 5 seconds, and I am about 19s behind.

Tricky
13-07-2015, 07:41
Sorry m8. I was so slow on straights (was using to much aero), that i was trying to get some slipstream from you when suddenly it makes effect and i tried to pass you but was a bit too late.

No problem. Was it just aero or did you have damage? Most of the Radicals flew by with or without slipstreaming.

Neil Bateman
13-07-2015, 07:55
I had similar issues, doing this fixed it for me:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33699-Temporary-solution-for-FFB-BUG-Logitech-DFGT-(possibly-G25-G27-too)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33710-Temporary-solution-for-FFB-BUG-Thrustmaster-TX-458-%28may-work-for-T500-T300%29

I followed the Thrustmaster one and it works perfectly on my T500RS (I used 100 in the Thrustmaster control panel to give a slightly heavier wheel)

I tried this and while it does eliminate all the clipping i had the wheel is just way too light for me, i have always had a fairly heavy wheel but atm this comes at a cost of bad clipping, found a balance of weight and clipping last night which didn't feel too bad.

If only i had unmapped the pause button on my g27 that i also use for TS and remembered it was the pause button maybe my 2 spins would not have happened.;)

cluck
13-07-2015, 07:57
I tried the Radical a bit on Saturday and again on Sunday but I could either put in mid-1m26 laps but be on a knife-edge on the default setup or make a more stable setup but put in mid-1m27 laps. Neither were going to be much fun for 39 laps to be honest so I gave the Palmer Jag a try and gave up after 2 laps - any more than that and I would have fallen asleep (sorry, but in default setup it was lacking any excitement). That left the Caterham. Which turned out to sit right between the 2 cars, both in speed and feel, so I was in a field of my own. It probably didn't help that the default gearing struggles to hit 6th so I quickly adjusted the final drive down a notch, expecting it to be OK, but didn't have time to test it. Turns out this resulted in maxxing 6th for large parts of the track and I was constantly overheating my engine as a result, meaning I was on part throttle for 80% of the lap (and also lacked speed on the straights). With the right gearing, it would have been much more fun and good for 1m27 times (possibly less).

Aside from the glory of being the leading Caterham driver ( ;) ), the race was close to one of the most boring I've had in a long time, sorry :(. That said, I didn't notice any glitches other than the usual final position changing as lapped cars crossed the finish line.

Pamellaaa
13-07-2015, 08:14
I tried this and while it does eliminate all the clipping i had the wheel is just way too light for me, i have always had a fairly heavy wheel but atm this comes at a cost of bad clipping, found a balance of weight and clipping last night which didn't feel too bad.

If only i had unmapped the pause button on my g27 that i also use for TS and remembered it was the pause button maybe my 2 spins would not have happened.;)

I found the same thing following it to a letter, to increase the wheel weight I used the Thrustmaster control panel which gave me almost the same feeling I had before, the author of those two posts also mentions increasing Spindle something or other on cars that you want to feel heavier.

You could also increase global tyre force slightly, you might introduce some minor clipping but it should still be driveable.

Gopher04
13-07-2015, 08:49
The Radical to me should be a fun single class car, fun it isn't, but out of the 3 it was abit more exciting, atleast once you had some sort of control over the arse end..

As for the race, well it was pretty numb for me, for a change I actually started at the front and just went for it at the start, knowing there was one person running the same times as myself, but who started mid pack, so got a 20sec gap and just held it there till the end at a nice casual pace..rest of the race was just lapping practice, which was quite helpful.

I actually like the Rad, even more so if they sort it out, and realign the cockpit steering which is off centre and pissed, but then again I actually brought that up over a year ago for the 1st time.

Neil Bateman
13-07-2015, 11:55
Didn't get much time to practice and joined too late to get any practice laps in, I just went straight into the race which was not ideal.

My race was also a little lonely, it seemed the field was fairly well spread, and for me there was really nobody to pass and nobody trying to pass me, once yorkie caught me at turn 1, I was planning to let him through as i knew he was faster than me so moved to the left to give the inside and at that point pressed my ts button to say pass inside and my game paused, and in trying to click resume I spun.

After that it was just passing the slower cars and i hope i didn't mess anyone up, once again sorry for not speaking to say thanks or sorry to anyone because of my ts button issue as there was a couple of close calls.

Regardless I still enjoyed the race, I think multi class races are really good as in a faster car there is always someone to pass or if your in a slower car there is always someone to let through, it just adds a little something.

Tricky
13-07-2015, 14:38
Here is my video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SURglvcyVLY

1:35 Caught mirror watching Stevie and run wide and drop to the back
3:25 All gets close down the s/f and blackduckrun decides to, not break? :)
5:40 Lunge on Elmo
6:10 Nudge Elmo :)
6:30 Get a better exit and while passing Elmo, there is a crash and I'm gifted 2nd place. Shame as it was a good close battle up till then.
... lots of being lapped :)
55:10 Keep Yorkie on his toes :)

Apollopt
13-07-2015, 15:56
No problem. Was it just aero or did you have damage? Most of the Radicals flew by with or without slipstreaming.

Hi Tricky,

No i had on Front 2, and at back 8 (maximum, i think was 8), and i saw on all straights i was overtaken very easy... Dont think i had any damage.
Sorry once again.

Apollopt
13-07-2015, 15:59
The Radical is an odd car, and I was kind of expecting a lot of contact in this race, because it is hard to adjust it once you make a little mistake. But, I think was a good and clean race overall, just a few bumps here and there, yet no more than usual.

I don't trust this car, it just isn't responsive at all, and was quite averse to getting close to others in the corners. so I was a bit slow to begin with and was down to 8th, at the end of the first lap I was 7th.
04:35 At the start of the 2nd lap I overtake Nuno, but get nudged out in the corner. I didn't loose a lot of time but I am now in 9th place.
13:27 I catch up to Yorkie, I think I am a bit faster, but I don't trust the car enough to attempt overtaking just yet.
15:37 I have a brain fart and turn too early/much, I didn't think it was possible to over steer this car, and Yorkie overtakes me.
18:20 I guess Yorkie spins and I am back in 3rd place, around 4s behind Falcon2081.
I was just over 24s behind at that point and we were quite evenly matched, so that was pretty much how it stayed for the rest of the race.

Just to mention that on the "04:35 At the start of the 2nd lap I overtake Nuno, but get nudged out in the corner. I didn't loose a lot of time but I am now in 9th place." you were nuged by Alex not me.
When readin this comment i had the impression that was me, and i wasnt remembering such event :p

falcon2081
13-07-2015, 16:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go6W-51TVbo

You were blazing past everyone. I see you changed the gearing but what else did you do? Looks like you lowered the downforce as well.

Yorkie065
13-07-2015, 16:47
My race was also a little lonely, it seemed the field was fairly well spread, and for me there was really nobody to pass and nobody trying to pass me, once yorkie caught me at turn 1, I was planning to let him through as i knew he was faster than me so moved to the left to give the inside and at that point pressed my ts button to say pass inside and my game paused, and in trying to click resume I spun.

Ahh so thats what happened. I was worried for a bit that we had made contact and you had spun, but I hadn't felt or seen anything so I carried on. You didn't reply when I asked if we had made contact either, so that would have explained that one too :P

Will Fly
13-07-2015, 17:20
sorry peoples not been about for a few days
had the same problem as Miagi couldn't sign into my windows profile and was told it was AVG that was corrupted

any thoughts on a new anti virus chaps.

Gopher04
13-07-2015, 18:16
had the same problem as Miagi couldn't sign into my windows profile and was told it was AVG that was corrupted

Microsoft security essentials is all you need will, I use to use AVG, but its over rated and like many others gets to involved with your PC, MSE does was it says on the tin, also it's free, never had a problem since, very easy to set up.

Blackvault
13-07-2015, 18:38
Any idea when the GTS league will be up and running?

Pete

Mancunain
13-07-2015, 18:45

dont get comodo, seems very good but causes hassle with some new installs unless you very savvy with that sort of software, at least avg never got in the way of installs.. but i gave up with avg last year too..

Tricky
13-07-2015, 19:00
Microsoft security essentials is all you need will, I use to use AVG, but its over rated and like many others gets to involved with your PC, MSE does was it says on the tin, also it's free, never had a problem since, very easy to set up.

I usually recommend Avast if you want something free, the only thing Security Essentials is better than is nothing at all :p

cluck
13-07-2015, 20:51
Will, I've said it before (maybe not to you directly, but certainly on the WMD forum) and I'll say it again. Norton. If you want something you can install and almost forget it exists, I don't believe there is a better package out there. Kaspersky and a couple of others might provide marginally better protection (at the top level it really is marginal) but they are far less easy to live with on a daily basis.

For extra peace of mind, throw AdBlock Plus (or similar) into the mix aswell as something like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Uninstall Adobe Flash Player (if you have it) and disable it in whatever browser you are using (or set your add-ins to prompt you, rather than run automatically), rid yourself of Java (if you must have it, leave it disabled by default and only enable it when you need it) and ensure everything else on your system is up to date. And whilst you're at it, see if your router needs patching or has some interesting ports open by default. That and a healthy dose of common-sense should see you as secure as you can be, short of avoiding the internet altogether.

Microsoft Security Essentials is to security what a colander is to holding water. Even Microsoft have admitted that it is next to useless.

And one final thing, common-sense alone will NOT protect you. There are so many different attack vectors in use these days, with so many areas of weakness on a system that you cannot rely on your own common sense anymore. Like it or not, the criminals are smarter than you and they want your money. They are not interested in the glory of infecting a system, those days are long gone, there is serious money to be made in spyware and malware and very serious money is spent on developing it.

(also, I'm in a slightly grumpy mood having had to talk to a LOT of people today about the latest Adobe Flash flaw - if you haven't read about it then do so now, it's really quite serious)

Gopher04
13-07-2015, 22:33
Two ways to describe Norton, ever played leap frog, and the person who is going to try and leap you is the local hippo..or have you ever driven off in your car and forgot to take off the handbrake..

Adblock plus is very good..

blackduckrun
13-07-2015, 22:50
Here is my video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SURglvcyVLY

1:35 Caught mirror watching Stevie and run wide and drop to the back
3:25 All gets close down the s/f and blackduckrun decides to, not break? :)
5:40 Lunge on Elmo
6:10 Nudge Elmo :)
6:30 Get a better exit and while passing Elmo, there is a crash and I'm gifted 2nd place. Shame as it was a good close battle up till then.
... lots of being lapped :)
55:10 Keep Yorkie on his toes :)

Arg, ya. It wasn't a conscious decision to be sure, but I'm somewhat embarrassed by that anyway, I just totally missed my marker for the turn. But seeing that I was pretending at being a racing driver the official excuses are that I'm not very familiar with the track and the 37.5 fps induced double vision in the rift didn't help picking braking points either. :(

I had an ok race, it was good little battle with elmo till he had a moment, I think it was at the final turn. I found it hard to find a rhythm at this track to be honest, I don't suppose having to move over for the Radicals/lonely Caterham helped much with that of course. It was my first race being in the slower class, so still finding my feet there a bit. A big majority of the passes went pretty well I'd say.

It's really disappointing my system won't play right with the new pcars rift implementation. I want to race but I don't know if I can (or even should) run with half the required fps. I'm very much considering re-installing the O/S and starting from scratch. But if that didn't work, I might lose my mind. :watermelon:

Stevie_F
14-07-2015, 00:27
Here's my view of the race on Sunday, start is interesting and then gets a tad boring, so skip to 40:10 for pit stop and then regaining time lost due to aero damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J_rrSgrFDE

cluck
14-07-2015, 07:58
[OFF-TOPIC]

Two ways to describe Norton, ever played leap frog, and the person who is going to try and leap you is the local hippo..or have you ever driven off in your car and forgot to take off the handbrake..

Adblock plus is very good..My apologies in advance for this mini-rant but it's something that bugs me and has done for years. If this were 2006-2008, I'd agree with you. But it's 2015 and Norton is not that huge, resource-hungry, cumbersome beast it once was. As a for instance, I installed Norton on a PC I was prepping up a couple of months ago and timed various processes. The difference in performance was next to nothing - in other words, I needed a stopwatch to measure the difference, it was so small (it added 1 second to the boot to desktop time, from the moment the first BIOS screen disappeared). I measured boot time, time to first load of most applications, shut-down time, memory usage etc etc.

As for Microsoft Security Essentials, that is up there with AVG as the number one anti-virus product 'protecting' PCs that I have to remove viruses, spyware and malware from. Mcafee used to occupy the top spot but I've moved most people off it now. MSE updates once a day, if you're lucky. That is utterly futile in this day and age, when thousands of malware variants hit the web every day.

On a professional note, I take a very different stance to a lot of people when it comes to selling AV software. There are many around who seek to make the most profit, regardless of the quality of the product. There are those that will sell whatever they have laid their hands on this week. There are even those that will sell software they know to be crap in the hope that their customer gets infected, thus earning them even more money when they get called to remove it. I sell what I know works and continues to work. I have been called back to 4 customers in 6˝ years where I've installed Norton, 3 of which were cases where the software was either not running or hopelessly out-of-date through lack of use. The other instance was a customer's own desperation to view porn that he ignored half-a-dozen warnings from the web browser (Chrome), Windows and Norton. No anti-virus on the planet would have stopped that malware getting through, such was the stupidity of the customer's actions (and yes, I told him that, albeit slightly more politely).

I have no ties or affiliations with Symantec/Norton. I get no kick-backs or freebies from them (I used to get the occasional 3-user demo copy, far less than other AV vendors would hand out). I have no shares in their business. I have no friends or family that work for them. In short, I have no reason whatsoever to try and defend their product. Why do I do it? Because I'd rather see people have decent AV protection and be better educated than to see the malware/spyware creators earn another single, immoral, penny from their attacks :).

[/OFF-TOPIC]

What's the plan for tomorrow night?

Tricky
14-07-2015, 08:52
All that was missing was a *mic drop* at the end, hehe

I agree Norton gets an unfair rap these days but it was definition of bloat ware at one point and think that image lingers.

BumperCarrotNL
14-07-2015, 11:30

if you got the money to spare. kaspersky is a realy good one. often used in offices (my dad brought that over to our house when they used that where he worked. it only interupts with minecraft mods but it's easy to fix....) since we are using that i never had a virus. but it is quite expencive... i think you pay about €80 for each PC. there is a free trial and free version (the trial being the full thing but the free one is the most basic thing you can get) you can try those before buying anything. :)

Gopher04
14-07-2015, 13:24
I think someone needs to get this plate system better organized, drivers are starting to race wherever they want, doesn't seem to matter if they have a L, P, or no plate what so ever, some of the problem is that when you appear on TS most people can only see the top section, NCC rooms are not in sight, I also don't think it helps that GEN drivers just use a standard room which is not passworded.

Blackvault
14-07-2015, 13:39
I think someone needs to get this plate system better organized, drivers are starting to race wherever they want, doesn't seem to matter if they have a L, P, or know plate what so ever, some of the problem is that when you appear on TS most people can only see the top section, NCC rooms are not in sight, I also don't think it helps that GEN drivers just use a standard room which is not passworded.

While I haven't been racing much, it seems to be that the P plates aren't doing much. Shouldn't they have been removed as players because TGC members?

Pete

t0daY
14-07-2015, 13:53
We could "transform" the GTS section to the GEN section. There are no leagues running at the moment, so there is no real use for it at the moment.

With the P plate you can drive the GEN races. So there is a purpose for it. Only the last race 3 NCCs drove with the GENs. Dont know the reason behindert it, but in my opinion no NCC should get a better "treatment" than others.

We should really get a own room for the GENs and only people with a P-plate or "old" TGC members should be allowed to attend to the races.

We could also give older members the p-plate plus the gentlemen hat that it looks seemlessly. Only my thoughts :)

Elmo
14-07-2015, 13:59
Thanks for the input chaps, I'll talk to Ziggy about it when I get the chance.

Regarding tomorrow I'm a bit clueless. Due to being quite busy didn't find a time to test any combo yet. Suggestions are welcome - especially if it is a track that isn't used that often.

Gopher04
14-07-2015, 13:59
No idea Pete, to me TS is becoming confusing and messy again, it seems to get cleaned up, then the next week becomes very cluttered again, its like the tags, unless I stretch the TS box to s stupied size I have no idea who that person is because they have 7/8 tags, you only need P/L/G & admin (not top hat) not every bloody game you race on, top two rooms should be GEN & NCC then chat rooms and maybe a few other game rooms, in all the time I've been a member 80% of the rooms never get used.
Just going back to becoming a G full member, to me that shouldn't happen until the leagues have been restarted. Maybe there should also be a list so we can see who is what and what group they are allowed to race with.

Pamellaaa
14-07-2015, 14:01
I agree that it would be useful if the GEN races took place in a dedicated place and not in the general discussion rooms, they should be for general discussion.

The 'P' is useful to have, denoting someone who can race with the NCC or the GEN, the 'old' members with the top hats can race with the Gen only and the new members who haven't yet earned their 'P' have to stick with the NCC. Its a good system but I think it would be good if it was followed more closely. As has been mentioned two or three 'L' plate NCCs were driving with the Gen on Sunday leaving us with a smaller NCC field in the multiclass race and depriving them of a chance to impress in order to gain their 'P' plate.

Gopher04
14-07-2015, 14:03
No idea neither Elmo, it seems to become done that..done that, we need to stay away from lmp's and gt's as in my head that is going to appear in a big way soon.

javoresku
14-07-2015, 14:16
Regarding tomorrow I'm a bit clueless. Due to being quite busy didn't find a time to test any combo yet. Suggestions are welcome - especially if it is a track that isn't used that often.
Imola? Or maybe setup a vote again?

Elmo
14-07-2015, 14:17
Imola? Or maybe setup a vote again?

Vote is takes quite a bit of time. I want to have something until early evening so people can start practicing today.

t0daY
14-07-2015, 14:20
Thanks for the input chaps, I'll talk to Ziggy about it when I get the chance.

Monaco / frookie/formula gulf
Imola / old F1 cars like 98T

Hm no more ideas at the moment ;D

javoresku
14-07-2015, 14:24
Monaco / frookie/formula gulf
Imola / old F1 cars like 98T

Hm no more ideas at the moment ;D
Personally don't like openwheelers. Maybe old touring cars?

t0daY
14-07-2015, 14:26
Personally don't like openwheelers. Maybe old touring cars?

Well its not about your personal taste to be honest^^ they are just ideas from my side :p

What about the DTM c-coupe on imola/oschersleben?

Photonenbert
14-07-2015, 14:30
Lotus t98 stays in its garage way too much. Totally different driving style that is required so i like that very much.

The slow openwheeler idea at monaco sounds good as well.

FlyingKman
14-07-2015, 14:32
i am keen for some stock cars, or some normal cars, like the ST or BMW? not formula or lmp's

p.s - can add some rain too

t0daY
14-07-2015, 14:36
i am keen for some stock cars, or some normal cars, like the ST or BMW? not formula or lmp's

p.s - can add some rain too

You get my like... But just because of your rain idea ;D

FlyingKman
14-07-2015, 14:43
On Sundays race i would like to make a request and make it a fun day/race and all is going to be DQ'd so we all take the same car and put it on max laps and u race to save fuel and the last one on the track with 1 tank of fuel wins. See who can go light footed on the gas... this can be a good learning curve for most esp if we do a endurance race.

Pamellaaa
14-07-2015, 14:46
On Sundays race i would like to make a request and make it a fun day/race and all is going to be DQ'd so we all take the same car and put it on max laps and u race to save fuel and the last one on the track with 1 tank of fuel wins. See who can go light footed on the gas... this can be a good learning curve for most esp if we do a endurance race.

We do stuff like that on Friday nights! that way you don't have to sacrifice a main race night for it!

Edit: Here are the details for what went on a couple of weeks ago. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31153-TGC-ADC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Autocross-Driving-Club&p=1029074#post1029074)

Elmo
14-07-2015, 15:08
The 98T is a beast that would need some practice. How about we use that one on Sunday?

For tomorrow maybe a car everybody can jump in without much practice and setup work? Street cars can be quite fun, e.g. BMW 1M vs. MB A45 vs. Evo X? Or Audi R8 V10 vs. MB SLS?

Neil Bateman
14-07-2015, 15:15
The 98T is a beast that would need some practice. How about we use that one on Sunday?

For tomorrow maybe a car everybody can jump in without much practice and setup work? Street cars can be quite fun, e.g. BMW 1M vs. MB A45 vs. Evo X? Or Audi R8 V10 vs. MB SLS?

Agreed here, at short notice and limited time to practice for some this suggestion makes sense.

FlyingKman
14-07-2015, 15:25
:victorious: could we please try do this in the future and get the race ready before close to actual race? so we know by wed what we doing on sunday and then wed to sunday we can decide on wed race and so on? gives us chance to run votes and also plan and spec up.

Elmo
14-07-2015, 15:30
Well this is just an offer from me so people that "have grown out NCC" or are old TGC members have something to race every week. I can't dedicated a lot time to this unfortunately.

If you Kman or somebody else wants to take over organizing one or both days be my guest :)

Stevie_F
14-07-2015, 15:43
Ideally I'd like something that no one really uses and is overlooked by the majority, would make for an interesting race. I'll have a look through and see what I can fathom.

Pamellaaa
14-07-2015, 15:55
As I won't be involved I will suggest the Lykan Hypersport around Cadwell Park. :D

miagi
14-07-2015, 16:01

That sounds quite cool. Pace * Efficiency. I'd suggest having a time limit and the other limit is the fuel. If your too slow you will be efficent but time runs agaisnt you, if your all out, fuel will get you before the time is out. But I wouldn't make it too long as such a race could get painfullz boring if it runs too long. Maybe 30 minutes time limit and a well tuned car and fuel level to make it work.

Yorkie065
14-07-2015, 16:23
Something that I would like to see, and this goes back (kind of) to the ranking system we have in TGS and the discussion a page or two ago, is the two nights completely different to each other. So serious nights on Sundays where we have our usual events in the format that we have now with TGC, NCC and PNC. It's organised, people take it a little more serious and people enjoy the practice for it. But for Weds nights however, I'd like it to be a fun, everyone mixed in together no matter what "rank" in TGC they are, providing they've passed the basic Thurs night test.

Reason for this? Well like Gopher said earlier, people seem to be jumping back and forth between the different groups based off personal preference which is ok when there aren't that many people, but at the top end in TGC, our turn outs are between 10-26 people depending on the night, and in the past for the NCC and PNC lobbies (not sure how accurate this is now) it's full or over-flowing meaning people potentially miss out on races they hoped to be in. As far as I know, there haven't been that many people promoted up through the ranks and joining us in the TGC races apart from a few familiar faces, and it would be nice to see more people moved up a bit quicker, especially as we've closed applications to the public as we're having to try and deal with so many people. Now I don't know whether it's the fact that we don't have enough people helping the likes of Martin, Ziggy and Alex in watching the others and making sure their race craft is sound to push those who are good enough, up through the ranks. Or whether it's the fact they have to watch so many people it's taking longer to see the consistency in individuals when you may only end up racing near them once every 3-4 races. Could be both as they do tie in together, but there seems to be a bit of a divide between us at the TGC end and the new comers. I mean, we have two separate threads (not saying thats a bad thing as I've found it useful in keeping the information on races in the relevant places for those that it applies to), and in TS, we're in completely separate rooms to the NCC and PNC most of the time. Communication across the board seems to be low and there could be an element of people not wanting to move up because they have made friends with others through racing together, know the other people in the group and therefore don't want to leave them behind if they do get promoted.

That was the main cause for the idea of having on a Weds night, a mix of everyone in a number of lobbies. If we have 40 people turn up on a weds, 2 lobbies of 20 with a mix of TGC, PNC and NCC in both. It could be a laugh, help everyone bond across the board with getting to know others better and also potentially help some of the newer guys to find their footing quicker with us giving help and tips during, before and after the races. I know some people probably won't like the idea, but it could be worth a try? Plus, also means there's less pressure to come up with track and car combo's for a Weds and Sunday sessions. Sunday would be the only one you'd really need to worry about and weds night could also be the night it gets announced so people have a couple of days of relaxing play or time off from the game, and don't feel like they have to practice every night in order to be at the sharp end of the field for each session we do. So what would be peoples thoughts?

Pamellaaa
14-07-2015, 16:32
Reason for this? Well like Gopher said earlier, people seem to be jumping back and forth between the different groups based off personal preference which is ok when there aren't that many people, but at the top end in TGC, our turn outs are between 10-26 people depending on the night, and in the past for the NCC and PNC lobbies (not sure how accurate this is now) it's full or over-flowing meaning people potentially miss out on races they hoped to be in. As far as I know, there haven't been that many people promoted up through the ranks and joining us in the TGC races apart from a few familiar faces, and it would be nice to see more people moved up a bit quicker, especially as we've closed applications to the public as we're having to try and deal with so many people. Now I don't know whether it's the fact that we don't have enough people helping the likes of Martin, Ziggy and Alex in watching the others and making sure their race craft is sound to push those who are good enough, up through the ranks. Or whether it's the fact they have to watch so many people it's taking longer to see the consistency in individuals when you may only end up racing near them once every 3-4 races. Could be both as they do tie in together, but there seems to be a bit of a divide between us at the TGC end and the new comers. I mean, we have two separate threads (not saying thats a bad thing as I've found it useful in keeping the information on races in the relevant places for those that it applies to), and in TS, we're in completely separate rooms to the NCC and PNC most of the time. Communication across the board seems to be low and there could be an element of people not wanting to move up because they have made friends with others through racing together, know the other people in the group and therefore don't want to leave them behind if they do get promoted. ?

At the moment there are few "active" NCC drivers who aren't eligible to run with the Gen, there are still a large number of people on the TS list who have 'L' plates rather than 'P's but the majority of them haven't been turning up to races recently for one reason or another. I do partially agree with what you are saying though, having people pick and choose which one they want to do based on the combination each week does seem to be a slightly flawed system and it does make it hard to judge numbers.

Will Fly
14-07-2015, 16:59
BATHURST SUCKERS FOOKIES FUCKE@S :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNpXLJwffc&index=35&list=PL2640BABE40078AD9

some great tunes for the older members.

Gopher04
14-07-2015, 17:01
I have to agree with Yorkie about Wed/Sunday, use Sunday as the main feature race which the combo has to be announced by Wednesday so we have a few days for good practice and setup work, same goes for the NCC & PNC, and yes maybe for wednesday have a fun couple of hours where it's a free for all, and if to many just split the rooms.

If you Kman or somebody else wants to take over organizing one or both days be my guest

Take to much on sometimes, it can bite you in the arse eventually.

Mancunain
14-07-2015, 17:08
Sounds good..
i realised im not as good as i thought i was a few weeks ago xD ... so the mixing can be useful for the likes of me.
ive enjoyed the previous 2 or 3 mixed races, although ive had rotten luck or made costly errors.. but these can be ironed out and i too see the potential in a mixed group..
I dont want or expect to be in the experienced races for a while yet anyway, as my pace, control, setup & track knowledge are still slacking a bit.. but ive found the mixed groups quite good as i do learn from others.

And watching Yorkies tube vids are quite inspiring tbh :) some great races that i aim to be part of one day..
a long road for me yet having only just received the P plate, but ye, you guys have made a great thing here with TGC, its relaxed yet disciplined, enjoyable throughout, its very well put together and i appreciate the time & effort some people put into it all.. all i have to do is sort my driving out :p which i know i can.

Papa H
14-07-2015, 17:25
BATHURST SUCKERS FOOKIES FUCKE@S :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNpXLJwffc&index=35&list=PL2640BABE40078AD9

some great tunes for the older members.

i think i danced to this , was 22 at the time...................lol

Blackvault
14-07-2015, 17:53
Something that I would like to see, and this goes back (kind of) to the ranking system we have in TGS and the discussion a page or two ago, is the two nights completely different to each other. So serious nights on Sundays where we have our usual events in the format that we have now with TGC, NCC and PNC. It's organised, people take it a little more serious and people enjoy the practice for it. But for Weds nights however, I'd like it to be a fun, everyone mixed in together no matter what "rank" in TGC they are, providing they've passed the basic Thurs night test.

Reason for this? Well like Gopher said earlier, people seem to be jumping back and forth between the different groups based off personal preference which is ok when there aren't that many people, but at the top end in TGC, our turn outs are between 10-26 people depending on the night, and in the past for the NCC and PNC lobbies (not sure how accurate this is now) it's full or over-flowing meaning people potentially miss out on races they hoped to be in. As far as I know, there haven't been that many people promoted up through the ranks and joining us in the TGC races apart from a few familiar faces, and it would be nice to see more people moved up a bit quicker, especially as we've closed applications to the public as we're having to try and deal with so many people. Now I don't know whether it's the fact that we don't have enough people helping the likes of Martin, Ziggy and Alex in watching the others and making sure their race craft is sound to push those who are good enough, up through the ranks. Or whether it's the fact they have to watch so many people it's taking longer to see the consistency in individuals when you may only end up racing near them once every 3-4 races. Could be both as they do tie in together, but there seems to be a bit of a divide between us at the TGC end and the new comers. I mean, we have two separate threads (not saying thats a bad thing as I've found it useful in keeping the information on races in the relevant places for those that it applies to), and in TS, we're in completely separate rooms to the NCC and PNC most of the time. Communication across the board seems to be low and there could be an element of people not wanting to move up because they have made friends with others through racing together, know the other people in the group and therefore don't want to leave them behind if they do get promoted.

That was the main cause for the idea of having on a Weds night, a mix of everyone in a number of lobbies. If we have 40 people turn up on a weds, 2 lobbies of 20 with a mix of TGC, PNC and NCC in both. It could be a laugh, help everyone bond across the board with getting to know others better and also potentially help some of the newer guys to find their footing quicker with us giving help and tips during, before and after the races. I know some people probably won't like the idea, but it could be worth a try? Plus, also means there's less pressure to come up with track and car combo's for a Weds and Sunday sessions. Sunday would be the only one you'd really need to worry about and weds night could also be the night it gets announced so people have a couple of days of relaxing play or time off from the game, and don't feel like they have to practice every night in order to be at the sharp end of the field for each session we do. So what would be peoples thoughts?

I have to agree with Yorkie about Wed/Sunday, use Sunday as the main feature race which the combo has to be announced by Wednesday so we have a few days for good practice and setup work, same goes for the NCC & PNC, and yes maybe for wednesday have a fun couple of hours where it's a free for all, and if to many just split the rooms.

Take to much on sometimes, it can bite you in the arse eventually.

But you both seem to be missing the point, there is no need for NCC, PNC TGC. It is just creating needless segregation. I can understand new guys needing a few practise races to get used to our procedures but all this, groupings is just a lot of time and energy wasted when it could be but to use running actual proper league(s)

Pete

falcon2081
14-07-2015, 18:10
If you guys need help promoting people and checking them out during a NCC race have the PNC's help with this. Having 1-2 Admins checking everyone out in the field is a lot of work. The NCC race should be about them and not the PNC's. Spread out the PNC's over the field and have them evaluate. Yes, its fun to race at the front during these races but if you guy's need help I would rather start at the back of the field and help evaluate people to get them promoted faster. Which comes to my next thing. I think you guy's should start the NCC race earlier by an hour. Once that race is over the PNC's and the GEN's can do their race. It should keep the clutter in TS down as well. Having the NCC race earlier will help in getting more PNC's to help you guys out if they can make it earlier. They then could go on and do the GEN race if they choose too.

t0daY
14-07-2015, 18:33
But you both seem to be missing the point, there is no need for NCC, PNC TGC. It is just creating needless segregation. I can understand new guys needing a few practise races to get used to our procedures but all this, groupings is just a lot of time and energy wasted when it could be but to use running actual proper league(s)

Pete

I think its necessary to have NCC and pnc guys... And I dont think we are ready to Start with leagues. Lots have to be done and still a lots of NCC guys need to practice before starting any leagues...
We cant just throw New people into a league, they need some races, some more some less to participate in proper leagues...

Martin G Webb
14-07-2015, 18:40
The issues aren't with promoting NCC's or PNC's both of those are covered pretty well, in my humble opinion, as I've been dealing with PNC promotions.

The major issue, as I see it is what do we have to offer members once they've reached PNC or even Gen ? Twice weekly events that they may or may not want to get involved with due to track/car combination. I understand that this thread is dealing with that particular issue and the discussion is ongoing.

The major 'complaint' I'm hearing from NCC, PNC and GEN is that they don't know what to practice in between races, yes it can be discussed and announced here but many don't feel that gives them enough time to prepare and will put them off racing. If we had a semi-fluid calendar that gave members a focus they could practice every circuit, in their chosen car/s. We as WMD members had the benefit of know which car/s were going to be used from day to day, week to week, this gave us time to gain a feeling for our car no matter what the circuit. Allowing members to 'adopt' a chosen car would, in my opinion help.

Blackvault
14-07-2015, 18:48
The issues aren't with promoting NCC's or PNC's both of those are covered pretty well, in my humble opinion, as I've been dealing with PNC promotions.

The major issue, as I see it is what do we have to offer members once they've reached PNC or even Gen ? Twice weekly events that they may or may not want to get involved with due to track/car combination. I understand that this thread is dealing with that particular issue and the discussion is ongoing.

The major 'complaint' I'm hearing from NCC, PNC and GEN is that they don't know what to practice in between races, yes it can be discussed and announced here but many don't feel that gives them enough time to prepare and will put them off racing. If we had a semi-fluid calendar that gave members a focus they could practice every circuit, in their chosen car/s. We as WMD members had the benefit of know which car/s were going to be used from day to day, week to week, this gave us time to gain a feeling for our car no matter what the circuit. Allowing members to 'adopt' a chosen car would, in my opinion help.

Is that the sound of the nail being hit on its head?

Pete

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 18:50
I think someone needs to get this plate system better organized, drivers are starting to race wherever they want, doesn't seem to matter if they have a L, P, or no plate what so ever, some of the problem is that when you appear on TS most people can only see the top section, NCC rooms are not in sight, I also don't think it helps that GEN drivers just use a standard room which is not passworded.

Hi,

the plate system should defiantly be working?. PNC's can race with TGC but NCC should not be able to

NCC can practice with TGC

I never understood why the TGC area got it's password removed > not my choice that is for sure. The problem was that the TGC area had open public rooms ... again not my doing. I can however resort this out back to the way we set it up in the first place with pass worded rooms.

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 18:51
While I haven't been racing much, it seems to be that the P plates aren't doing much. Shouldn't they have been removed as players because TGC members?

Pete

no the P plates remain for the time being, it is all part of the admin side of things.

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 18:56
We could "transform" the GTS section to the GEN section. There are no leagues running at the moment, so there is no real use for it at the moment.

With the P plate you can drive the GEN races. So there is a purpose for it. Only the last race 3 NCCs drove with the GENs. Dont know the reason behindert it, but in my opinion no NCC should get a better "treatment" than others.

We should really get a own room for the GENs and only people with a P-plate or "old" TGC members should be allowed to attend to the races.

We could also give older members the p-plate plus the gentlemen hat that it looks seemlessly. Only my thoughts :)

The GEN remains as it is as this is a GENeral ad hoc race section. There is plans for the return of the [TGC-GTS] in the future so that will require it's own section. The [TGC-GEN] is basically a follow on from the WMD Forum [TGC-OFG]

Why were the NCC allowed to compete in the GEN race? With the exception of "JB Gamer" who is an old [TGC-GTS] driver who requested to go through the training process then NO NCC should be in a GEN race.

Blackvault
14-07-2015, 18:57
Hi,

the plate system should defiantly be working?. PNC's can race with TGC but NCC should not be able to

NCC can practice with TGC

I never understood why the TGC area got it's password removed > not my choice that is for sure. The problem was that the TGC area had open public rooms ... again not my doing. I can however resort this out back to the way we set it up in the first place with pass worded rooms.

But isn't password protecting rooms not going over the top and again trying to segregate individuals and perpetuate the us and them feeling? I definitely feel that the TGC has lost its group feeling since this game has gone live with all these sub groups etc.

Pete

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 18:59
No idea Pete, to me TS is becoming confusing and messy again, it seems to get cleaned up, then the next week becomes very cluttered again, its like the tags, unless I stretch the TS box to s stupied size I have no idea who that person is because they have 7/8 tags, you only need P/L/G & admin (not top hat) not every bloody game you race on, top two rooms should be GEN & NCC then chat rooms and maybe a few other game rooms, in all the time I've been a member 80% of the rooms never get used.
Just going back to becoming a G full member, to me that shouldn't happen until the leagues have been restarted. Maybe there should also be a list so we can see who is what and what group they are allowed to race with.

I will take a look at re-ordering the channels/rooms around.

The reason some choose to have the other race titles is so they know who else races the same titles as them. I am quite happy to remove them all except the pCARS ones if their is no objections?

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:02
I agree that it would be useful if the GEN races took place in a dedicated place and not in the general discussion rooms, they should be for general discussion.

The 'P' is useful to have, denoting someone who can race with the NCC or the GEN, the 'old' members with the top hats can race with the Gen only and the new members who haven't yet earned their 'P' have to stick with the NCC. Its a good system but I think it would be good if it was followed more closely. As has been mentioned two or three 'L' plate NCCs were driving with the Gen on Sunday leaving us with a smaller NCC field in the multiclass race and depriving them of a chance to impress in order to gain their 'P' plate.

The GEN races were supposed to take place in the first TGC area Channel TGC Official Race Only which did have a password

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:11
Something that I would like to see,

Thanks for the input Yorkie, appreciated as always .... I do have provisional plans made for the majority of the PNC's to drive permanently with the GEN to ensure the Gen has enough drivers. Yes we do like to have a few PNC's help out the NCC-Tutors. There is a lot happening administration wise behind closed doors which will elevate a lot of the problems soon.

Alex Hobbs
14-07-2015, 19:14
Why were the NCC allowed to compete in the GEN race? With the exception of "JB Gamer" who is an old [TGC-GTS] driver who requested to go through the training process then NO NCC should be in a GEN race.

When I noticed they weren't moving into their proper room I told Martin about the NCC's in there, and he told me that Elmo was allowing it. I have already made my feelings clear on this matter so I won't repeat myself

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:18
If you guys need help promoting people and checking them out during a NCC race have the PNC's help with this. Having 1-2 Admins checking everyone out in the field is a lot of work. The NCC race should be about them and not the PNC's. Spread out the PNC's over the field and have them evaluate. Yes, its fun to race at the front during these races but if you guy's need help I would rather start at the back of the field and help evaluate people to get them promoted faster. Which comes to my next thing. I think you guy's should start the NCC race earlier by an hour. Once that race is over the PNC's and the GEN's can do their race. It should keep the clutter in TS down as well. Having the NCC race earlier will help in getting more PNC's to help you guys out if they can make it earlier. They then could go on and do the GEN race if they choose too.

That is why the PNC are there, the admins listen to their advice.

The NCC run at the same time as the GEN for a reason. ALL main events run on a Wednesday and Sunday at 19:00 UTC. Drivers get used to that and we do not have the annoying repeative requests bout what day and what time. As the NCC progress to PNC to TGC the race date and time remains the same so any arrangements they have for that week does not have to alter because there changed.

javoresku
14-07-2015, 19:22
The GEN races were supposed to take place in the first TGC area Channel TGC Official Race Only which did have a password

Having a password on the TS channels is pointless I think. You are supposed to join the TS channel to receive the password for the ingame lobby. Much better if you setup TS permissions so that NCC can only join NCC channels and so on.

One other point - I absolutely agree with what Yorkie065 wrote in post #845 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1046307&viewfull=1#post1046307)

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:22
The major 'complaint' I'm hearing from NCC, PNC and GEN is that they don't know what to practice in between races, yes it can be discussed and announced here but many don't feel that gives them enough time to prepare and will put them off racing.

I agree with this and unsure why things have changed. The next race should be announced the day following the last race. ie. Sunday pm/Monday am announce the Wednesday race and Wednesday pm/Thurs AM announce the Sunday race.

You can sit down now and come up with the list of combo's for the rest of the year.

Martin G Webb
14-07-2015, 19:31
I agree with this and unsure why things have changed. The next race should be announced the day following the last race. ie. Sunday pm/Monday am announce the Wednesday race and Wednesday pm/Thurs AM announce the Sunday race.

You can sit down now and come up with the list of combo's for the rest of the year.

I'll make a start on it once the GEN members that regularly race WED/SUN reach a decision on what they want to do with those days.

wodm
14-07-2015, 19:32
I am happy to help out on Sundays. As long as I'm racing with you guys I don't mind being a pair of eyes at the back of the pack etc.
Can also help Saturdays too if you ever have events then ��

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:35
But isn't password protecting rooms not going over the top and again trying to segregate individuals and perpetuate the us and them feeling? I definitely feel that the TGC has lost its group feeling since this game has gone live with all these sub groups etc.

Pete

Isn't that was being requested by the TGC drivers though ?

I think someone needs to get this plate system better organized, drivers are starting to race wherever they want, doesn't seem to matter if they have a L, P, or no plate what so ever, some of the problem is that when you appear on TS most people can only see the top section, NCC rooms are not in sight, I also don't think it helps that GEN drivers just use a standard room which is not pass worded.

It is not all about segregation, it is about putting drivers in the right place with a 32 limited server lobby.

It is funny how the NCC/PNC all understand the process and from the many emails I receive appreciate the system we have in place. You would be the first to complain if I let untrained drivers straight into your race where they had no skill at 2x2 formation or knocked you off at the first corner. It is an well oiled system that works and it is only a few old cogs that are trying to bring it all down. Considering they had never done it before I think our NCC-Tutors have done a remarkable job.

A group always loses it's "Group" feeling as it expands. After a time the expansion no longer feels that way as every gets to know every one else and then it becomes a community. Yes we could have stayed as a small group of ... what was it ... 26 drivers

but at the top end in TGC, our turn outs are between 10-26 people depending on the night,

by then I would rather have a community of great drivers running in various leagues etc then just a small 26 driver league. I want to share the work TGC does with others and not hide away being titled as elitist.

Elmo
14-07-2015, 19:36
Coming back to the original question what to run tomorrow;

Audi R8 vs. Mercedes SLS at Brno - 45 minutes of road car action

Make sure to bring some tires that can handle weather. I will put in a few different weather slots on Random. Should be fun :)

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:36
When I noticed they weren't moving into their proper room I told Martin about the NCC's in there, and he told me that Elmo was allowing it. I have already made my feelings clear on this matter so I won't repeat myself

Okay I will chat with Elmo about why this has happened. He may have a valid reason so not going to jump to conclusions.

Pamellaaa
14-07-2015, 19:38

If we are doing this does anyone have any objections to dropping the twice weekly poster? (or at least not needing it for every race)

Its nice to have but it is quite time consuming and its time that could be better spent (IMO) working out race distances, pit stop strategies, posting up a sensible all around tune etc etc etc.

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:39
I'll make a start on it once the GEN members that regularly race WED/SUN reach a decision on what they want to do with those days.

Both GEN and NCC race Wed and Sun at 19:00UTC ... and yes we are aware of the TS allocation.

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:40
I am happy to help out on Sundays. As long as I'm racing with you guys I don't mind being a pair of eyes at the back of the pack etc.
Can also help Saturdays too if you ever have events then ��

I may be in touch about a Saturday event with you soon mate :)

Elmo
14-07-2015, 19:42
Also if somebody wants to give it a go and organize a GEN event. This Sunday would be a good opportunity since I'm away

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:43
If we are doing this does anyone have any objections to dropping the twice weekly poster? (or at least not needing it for every race)

Its nice to have but it is quite time consuming and its time that could be better spent (IMO) working out race distances, pit stop strategies, posting up a sensible all around tune etc etc etc.

The posters, combo's, neon flashing lights, can be done months ahead of time. Let's not start taking away from the TGC what was built up just to satisfy a few complainers.

t0daY
14-07-2015, 19:44
Also if somebody wants to give it a go and organize a GEN event. This Sunday would be a good opportunity since I'm away

Got the rest of the week free, got a lots of time :) Would be organize the event together with photonenbert if nobody is against it :)

*edit* well... today I have my last nightshift for this week, so lets rock n roll! :D

wodm
14-07-2015, 19:44
Super , I look forward to it.

Can I just say that as a (relative) newbie to tux, I have had no issues understanding the titles and rules etc. All very well explained. Just my 2 penneth

Topsie
14-07-2015, 19:54
Got the rest of the week free, got a lots of time :) Would be organize the event together with photonenbert if nobody is against it :)

*edit* well... today I have my last nightshift for this week, so lets rock n roll! :D
If you need an extra hand on posters etc, just let me know

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 19:55

Thanks for stepping up t0daY. It is fine to work together with someone else > I heartily recommend it.

There you t0daY you can even get Topsie to do the poster for you

t0daY
14-07-2015, 19:59
If you need an extra hand on posters etc, just let me know

Thanks for stepping up t0daY. It is fine to work together with someone else > I heartily recommend it.

There you t0daY you can even get Topsie to do the poster for you

Would love to take your extra hand for the posters... but only for the posters if you know what I mean ;) :D :D Okay... was a bad one xD

Topsie
14-07-2015, 20:02
I can do a nice poster of tumbleweed?;)

falcon2081
14-07-2015, 20:07
Yeah, if you guys need help with anything let me know. My work schedule is pretty erratic but I can always make time for this as long as I am in town.:D

Neil Bateman
14-07-2015, 20:27
Its good to hear more people helping out with organizing events, i find it really difficult jumping into cars i haven't driven for so long and be confident i wont mess up during a race, the more races i attend the more confident i get that i am not out of my depth in TGC races, slower yes but confident in my racecraft ability.

My main goal when i joined was to achieve TGC status as quickly as possible, with there being no specific time scale on this and with limited racing time due to shift work patterns i felt somewhat guilty that i was only able to attend one thursday NCC event to help out after getting my 'L' plate, plus being somewhat mike shy for some reason i didnt feel confident enough to do this.

I really wanted to spend my limited time racing with the TGC guys to learn and gain confidence, i knew i was always going to miss some races and hence further increase the time it would take to achieve my TGC status, maybe this was the wrong way to go about things, forget about whether i have 'L' or 'P' or 'TGC' and try to help out more as difficult as it may be with my limitations.

Martin G Webb
14-07-2015, 20:43
Falcon, Neil,

Thank you both for your offers, I say this a lot on these boards and it is sincere. TGC has always been more about the community rather than the racing for me but that's because I'm old and not fast. Racing with TGC is the bonus and having other people around who share that perspective is also a huge bonus for me.

Photonenbert
14-07-2015, 21:14

Glad to help out and do the event with t0daY as we can communicate very easily with each other since we live in the same street. almost :p

ZiggyUK
14-07-2015, 21:57
^ Cool :encouragement:

Gopher04
14-07-2015, 22:13
Coming back to the original question what to run tomorrow;

Audi R8 vs. Mercedes SLS at Brno - 45 minutes of road car action

Make sure to bring some tires that can handle weather. I will put in a few different weather slots on Random. Should be fun :)

Maybe it would help if we new what the tyre choices meant, track day is straight forward, but the other two choices:confused:

XiondrapoS
14-07-2015, 22:16
Too bad I have to work on Sunday, so I can't enjoy what these two evil master minds are going to work out :D

t0daY
14-07-2015, 22:17
Too bad I have to work on Sunday, so I can't enjoy what these two evil master minds are going to work out :D

You will regret it... trust me... :p :p :p

Yeratel84
14-07-2015, 22:50
I will take a look at re-ordering the channels/rooms around.

The reason some choose to have the other race titles is so they know who else races the same titles as them. I am quite happy to remove them all except the pCARS ones if their is no objections?

Don't you mean the other way around? We all know TGC's main game is pCARS (no need for pCARS tag), so those who race other titles should be the ones with the extra tags...

XiondrapoS
14-07-2015, 23:36
Maybe it would help if we new what the tyre choices meant, track day is straight forward, but the other two choices:confused:

I just did some quick laps with the tires of the Mercedes in the dry. The Track Day tire is the quickest, big surprise there. The Extreme Summer tire trails behind by about 1.5-2 seconds a lap, and with the UHP tire I've been slower by about 8-10 seconds a lap, so I would guess that this one will be the quickest in heavy rain conditions.

Everything depends on the intensity and duration of the rain, so there's some interesting gambles to be made.

ZiggyUK
15-07-2015, 00:12
Don't you mean the other way around? We all know TGC's main game is pCARS (no need for pCARS tag), so those who race other titles should be the ones with the extra tags...

I like the way you are thinking. The pCARS icon should get assigned to a new member once they have driven in a M&G Thursday. That is one way we know that a driver has not just signed into the server and got his L plate but he has also been out on the track with one of the Tutors. It does not always happen so don't worry if yours is missing it will be get added. What it is there for is it allows us to ensure that no 'L' plate drivers attend a race without having the basic training first. It keeps this fair for everybody then.

t0daY
15-07-2015, 00:48
something completly offtopic, but I found an old video of mine on fb... some good old videostuff from my track marshall times at hockenheimring :)

The F1 2012 start, recorded with a trash handy, but it was worth it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbwvzFvZzE&feature=youtu.be

ZiggyUK
15-07-2015, 01:31
I have cleaned TeamSpeak up a little bit and moved some stuff around so no complaining.

the NCC can no longer access area's they should not be able to other than the "[TGC-UNS] TGC + PNC + NCC Mix Up" channel. The PNC can access the same channels as TGC.

If I screwed anything up then email me please. I know of a few things that I would like to do differently but they are not of great importance so not doing those tonight.

t0daY
15-07-2015, 04:18
As I won't be involved I will suggest the Lykan Hypersport around Cadwell Park. :D

Bloody traitor! :D Lykan @ Cadwell, tzzZz ;D

Gopher04
15-07-2015, 09:39
Just another thing to bring up, names, there are quite a few people using different names on TS to here, rather confusing to know who you are actually talking to, I know it's a personal preference to have different names especially around Steam, but it would make life easier on TS and racing if same names were used, gets you known quicker as well. Again names especially some that have appeared on TS, well there not really a name more like a letters and numbers thrown together, but for me if your name doesn't actually same something or have a form of meaning, your more than likely going to struggle to get spoken too, purely because no one knows what to call you, even harder in Race..

Lykan Hypersport

Anyone that suggest this car needs to be shot as tossed into console land..

Pamellaaa
15-07-2015, 09:43
Anyone that suggest this car needs to be shot as tossed into console land..

It was suggested only as I knew I wouldn't have to drive it ;) My thoughts on it are the same as yours!

Yeratel84
15-07-2015, 10:30
Yeah, the Lykan served its purpose, to bring publicity and recognition to the game upon its release... now let it rest on its digital garage

miagi
15-07-2015, 11:10
Anyone that suggest this car needs to be shot as tossed into console land.. Last time I drove it, it was fun to drive. For me it's a fantasy car, still fun to throw it around some tracks.

NemethR
15-07-2015, 11:24
Yeah, the Lykan served its purpose, to bring publicity and recognition to the game upon its release... now let it rest on its digital garage

Its actually a quite nice drive, but its ugly :D

Yeratel84
15-07-2015, 12:50
Its actually a quite nice drive, but its ugly :D

No it's not... bucketloads of understeer (almost feels like any vintage muscle car)

NemethR
15-07-2015, 12:51
No it's not... bucketloads of understeer (almost feels like any vintage muscle car)

Understeer?! It goes drifting really easily :)

STINGER_LP
15-07-2015, 13:47
I think it's more like OVERRRRsteer, that car just can't drive through a straight line. And don't call it ugly, don't upset sheikhs xD

Hellbringer
15-07-2015, 15:42
Apologies if I have overlooked it, but is there a GEN race scheduled for tonight?

javoresku
15-07-2015, 15:49
Apologies if I have overlooked it, but is there a GEN race scheduled for tonight?

Click this. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1046599&viewfull=1#post1046599)

Hellbringer
15-07-2015, 15:54
Click this. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1046599&viewfull=1#post1046599)

Thanks! I had not scrolled back far enough.

Elmo
15-07-2015, 16:58
Hey chaps,

I have to bail for tonight. Tomorrow is my last working day for the week and I still have quite a heap of work left.

So somebody else has to set up and hosts tonights session. If today is around he can help with setting up a DS.

Here are the race details.

Track: Brno
Cars: Audi R8 V10; Mercedes SLS AMG
Laps: 1 + 20
Conditions:

I'll be back on Monday :)

AlexOki
15-07-2015, 17:03
Hello there might miss this one tonight due to possible power outage if power stays on I will be there

Blackvault
15-07-2015, 18:31
Why is there two groups and why are some gents in NCC Race #1?

Pete

Gopher04
15-07-2015, 19:36
Simplicity always works..

Wasn't the whole idea NCC was used to check drivers out, teach if needed, them move them to GEN and start on the next group? Where as now we are ending up with 2/3 separate groups, total confusion who and where they race.

Timmynator
15-07-2015, 20:15
That was fun for the time I was able to race :) I hosted the lobby, nobody seemed to have connection problems with the DS-less approach. Conditions were set to 4 x Random, 5x acceleration but we ended up with rain for the entire race.

Seems we had some issues with tire choice from setup / tire choice at pit stop. I also ran into a bug where I entered the pits, chose my pit strategy but the pit strategy screen didn't react to any input (mouse, wheel + all its buttons, entire keyboard (tried every damn key)). The race is now done and I'm still standing in the pits... no game crash, the game is still running with my car in the pits at this point.

Weird and very annoying, I was having a real good race.

€dit: NOW I got a crash message:

Tricky
15-07-2015, 20:28
I didn't leave enough time to understand what was going on with the TS channels so didn't hang around in the end.

ZiggyUK
15-07-2015, 21:00
Why is there two groups and why are some gents in NCC Race #1? Pete

I wish to know this as well ?

First you want the channels re-ordered and a room exclusive to TGC and then

Wasn't the whole idea NCC was used to check drivers out, teach if needed, them move them to GEN and start on the next group? Where as now we are ending up with 2/3 separate groups, total confusion who and where they race.

you don't .... ????????????????

You two are blatantly stirring up trouble on purpose and I am not sure want you think you will gain by it. It is no good requesting something and then when it is done for you you then start complaining about the changes.

and how the hell can you get confused by the following

Do I really need to Spoon Feed ?

The Gentlemen's Club Channel Area
An area for the Gentlemen's Club

Project Cars Practice Area (2 channels)
for TGC members to Practice Project Cars

[TGC-GEN] Official Race Only
for the Official Race Only of the [TGC-GEN] { L plate drivers cannot access this room as requested}

[TGC-UNS] TGC + PNC + NCC Mix Up
for NCC + PNC + TGC to race together at certain times as requested back in the thread

Private Conversation - do not disturb
an area for drivers to hold a private conversation without being disturbed

TGC-NCC Channel Area
An area for the TGC-NCC's

The NCC/PNC know what these rooms are for

I do not have time for this petty complaining all the time at anything you can and I know that other members of our club are also feed up with it to.

Please stop flaming and upsetting other members.

cluck
15-07-2015, 21:01
sorry guys for my total silence in the race but my heart just wasn't in it for some reason tonight. I don't like quitting races so I ran to the bitter end but whatever tyres I had, they were the wrong ones :(.

Blackvault
15-07-2015, 21:13
Do I really need to Spoon Feed ?

I do not have time for this petty complaining all the time at anything you can and I know that other members of our club are also fed up with it to.

Please stop flaming and upsetting other members.

Do I really need to Spoon Feed ? - Yes, clearly we do as tonight shows regarding the Teamspeak layout usage, and I'd not have to bitch about it.

Pete

Gopher04
15-07-2015, 21:22
I'm not stirring up anything, and me and Pete have our own idea's, what I'm trying to do is improve in area's that need dealing with, yes you have had a go at improving TS but I can tell you now it didn't work tonight, the rooms are two segregated and are not plain and simple, we sat here tonight and watched, and even had drivers come in ask where is what tonight, sorry Zigg you can't form a opinion when your not even appearing to see or hear, me personally I wouldn't stir up shit, I would just say I'm off, TGC as far as I'm concerned is a group of drivers racing when they can or want to, my understanding of NCC was to progress up so we become one again, now if you want to run separate groups that's fine, but for me is not a good idea..

By the way if you want to accuse me of something atleast have the balls to come on TS and say it, not on a public forum, here or in real life that's bad management skills.

t0daY
15-07-2015, 21:25
Do I really need to Spoon Feed ? - Yes, clearly we do as tonight shows regarding the Teamspeak layout usage, and I'd not have to bitch about it.

Pete

Wouldnt it better, that we discuss this maybe in the teamspeak itself? Dont know, it is not necessary to discuss any things in the threads!

Blackvault
15-07-2015, 21:27
Wouldnt it better, that we discuss this maybe in the teamspeak itself? Dont know, it is not necessary to discuss any things in the threads!

Totally agree Today. Maybe we could create a room for it! :p

Gopher04
15-07-2015, 21:34

Your such a arse Pete.

t0daY
15-07-2015, 21:34

This answer shows me which kind of person you are. But Ok. Make one, I am happy to come :)

Gopher04
15-07-2015, 21:38
He was joking man..

This conversation needs to end here, no need for anyone else to get involved please.

ZiggyUK
15-07-2015, 22:01
^ Agreed.

Neil Bateman
15-07-2015, 22:13
Well the last few posts have taken the gloss off my first TGC win tonight, hope all can be sorted out as soon as possible because as far as i am concerned the gentlemans club is where i choose and want to be racing.

Tonight as happens most of the time for some reason i end up right at the back, the first few laps were fantastic with lots of passing and re-passing, really good clean respectful driving by all.

The field then seemed to settle down a little, a couple of mistakes and pit stops seemed to create a few gaps between the cars, i was happy with my Tyres, not sure if it was alex leading but i managed to get into the lead and thought i might be able to go the whole race with no pit stop, however this was not to be as i could see the gap between myself and the cars who pitted closing and decided to pit and put some new boots on, came out 5th i think but once again found myself chasing alex who was risking all on a no stop strategy.

I made a few mistakes while pushing really hard and was caught and passed by, i think it was javoresku, we both then caught and passed alex who was busy waving goodbye to his Tyres as they rolled off the edge of the cliff, we then had a little battle before i managed to get a little gap and maintain it till the chequered flag.

Maybe the rain helped me out because i know i am not that fast in dry conditions due to mostly using default set ups, but tonight felt really good to win against some really quick drivers on one of my favorite tracks.

As far as pit stops go, i know some had issues with Tyre choice during pits, all i can say is after lots of testing i have found something that seems to work for me every time.

I have created about 8 strategies ranging from all 4 dry/wet Tyres and fuel to fuel only, Tyres only and fix damage only to name a few.

I leave the default strategy as it is and make it active before the race, i then pit and select view saved, select the one i want, tonight it was wet Tyres only, make changes if needed and click save, then close and it seems to work, tonight i chose default by weather for the race then selected wets on for the pit stop, dont know if selecting something other than default by weather for the race start affected the choice in the pits for some but there did seem some confusion about what everyone ended up with.

Anyhoo, thanks for the great racing and see you all on sunday.:cool:

javoresku
15-07-2015, 22:21
Congrats to Neil for his win and for everyone else for the interesting race.
It was a great race for me also. I was on the tires with "Extreme" in their name. The plan was to do the entire race without pitting. By lap 9 I had used half a tank. I tried to save fuel, but by lap 15 it was clear I wouldn't make it. Then I pitted for a splash and dash and started pushing again. All was going OK, until two or three laps to go when I realized I was in second and less than two seconds behind the leader. I was faster than him, but the nerves got to me. In the penultimate lap we ran side by side for half the lap until I hit the tires on the inside of the last corner. After the impact I lost all force feedback and had to settle with second.
Sorry for being silent on teamspeak, but I use a wireless headset and the batteries cant last more than 30-40 minutes.

Neil Bateman
15-07-2015, 22:33
Actually i lied about my first win, i forgot i was first gt3 car home in the multiclass race at the glen.:rolleyes:

Neil Bateman
15-07-2015, 22:36
Congrats to Neil for his win and for everyone else for the interesting race.
It was a great race for me also. I was on the tires with "Extreme" in their name. The plan was to do the entire race without pitting. By lap 9 I had used half a tank. I tried to save fuel, but by lap 15 it was clear I wouldn't make it. Then I pitted for a splash and dash and started pushing again. All was going OK, until two or three laps to go when I realized I was in second and less than two seconds behind the leader. I was faster than him, but the nerves got to me. In the penultimate lap we ran side by side for half the lap until I hit the tires on the inside of the last corner. After the impact I lost all force feedback and had to settle with second.
Sorry for being silent on teamspeak, but I use a wireless headset and the batteries cant last more than 30-40 minutes.

Hope i didnt contribute to you hitting the tires, would be gutted if i did.

falcon2081
15-07-2015, 22:43
Congrats on the win there Neil. Well deserved.

This race pretty much came to consistency and pace (slower type of pace). Unfortunately, us faster folks destroyed our tires (those who went track tire) during the beginning of the race hoping that maybe the rain would dissipate. My tires were done by lap 10 but I made the mistake of not pitting in during lap 11. I stayed out and my luck finally ran out while I was leading. Car lost control in turn 3 and 2 people ended up hitting my car. Apologies to those folks.

My car ended up with some serious aero damage. I went to pit and that's where my race ended. I ended up getting tires that were not "Wet". I tried again the next lap and went for "Extreme Wet" but they were even worse. I ended just having a stroll around the track lol. I did have the fastest lap out of everyone which was nice. At least I had that going for me haha.

Neil Bateman
15-07-2015, 23:03
Your right there falcon, i tried to be consistant and not be overly hard on the tires before i decided i was going to stop, turned out to be one of my better choices.

Would be interesting to see the difference between your fastest lap and my fastest lap as it had quite an effect on how our races turned out, having said that the different tire types were maybe too different for comparing lap times,

javoresku
16-07-2015, 05:08
Hope i didnt contribute to you hitting the tires, would be gutted if i did.
No you didn't. I went a little bit too close to the inside of the corner.

And on a less serious note:

Actually i lied about my first win, i forgot i was first gt3 car home in the multiclass race at the glen.:rolleyes:

Can I claim my first win for being the first Merc? :)

Tricky
16-07-2015, 07:39
Any videos from last night going up?

STINGER_LP
16-07-2015, 07:54
sorry guys for my total silence in the race but my heart just wasn't in it for some reason tonight. I don't like quitting races so I ran to the bitter end but whatever tyres I had, they were the wrong ones :(.
Yeah, me too, my tires was a nightmare for whole race. It was nice to see someone with me at the very back as we changed positions back and forth a couple of times :D But eventually I couldn't hold my uncontrollable horse and ended up very last. It is a lack of skill, definitely, but I really don't know what could be done in my situation. I started up on track tires and after 2 laps I decided that that was too slippery for me, so I pitted for wet tires and had same issues as falcon:

I went to pit and that's where my race ended. I ended up getting tires that were not "Wet". I tried again the next lap and went for "Extreme Wet" but they were even worse. I ended just having a stroll around the track lol. I did have the fastest lap out of everyone which was nice. At least I had that going for me haha.
After first pit stop for "Wet" I got whatever it could be but not tires for driving in a wet conditions. I barely managed to drive 1 lap on it and got back to pits - I was frustrated and selected "Extreme wet" (What the hell? Why not? It can't be worse! - I thought) and then I found it can, oh yes it can! First lap after second pit stop I was not pushing and was trying to get to know with those tires, then I tried to push and I laughed - the car just completely couldn't hold the line, had no grip, like I was driving on ice! I don't know if someone could get less grip than me.

So I decided that for the rest of the race I'll just crawl somehow around the track till the end. But that was boring, so I was literally experimenting on how else worse car could handle: before the first corner after S/F straight I was braking down to the speed of 2nd gear, trying to transfer the weight to front left I directed the car right to the apex and then I just left off from throttle and brakes at all and tried to hold the wheel to the right to just roll through that corner. You know what happened? The car just kept rolling almost completely forward so I passed the apex and instead of rolling by the curve through that corner I went off on the sand outside of the track :D I was laughing my arse out, cause the speed was ridiculously low and the car couldn't just roll through the corner. There was a lot of moments like that, I was drifting all over the place, I even used the handbrake in some of the corners :D I settled down only when I saw someone in the rear mirror so I could gave them a clean pass :)

So yeah, that was fun. Not particularly satisfying but fun xD

P.S. Damn I hate rain xD

Neil Bateman
16-07-2015, 09:32
This tire and pit stop problem really needs sorting out, i selected auto by weather for the start and wets at the pit stop and had absolutely no probems whatsoever, its hard to understand how choosing a different option to someone else can have such an adverse effect.

wodm
16-07-2015, 11:18

So, with it being Thursday am now, can I find out what's on for Sunday? :)

Neil Bateman
16-07-2015, 11:21
Any videos from last night going up?

I am uploading to youtube now, like an idiot after changing back to my G25 i neglected to map my wipers to a button, also there is no ts chat as i cant record live due to fps drop so its a bit boring to watch at some points, well for you guys anyway, i enjoyed all of it.

Yorkie065
16-07-2015, 12:00
So, with it being Thursday am now, can I find out what's on for Sunday? :)

I think people are trying to come up with some suggestions. If anyone has got any ideas of combo's and a rough weather/conditions plan and lap count, throw it up and we can see if people like it and is a viable combo for the evening.

NemethR
16-07-2015, 12:03
How about: Gr.5 at Zolder?

t0daY
16-07-2015, 12:14
Hey guys, Photonenbert and me are planning the next sunday/wednesday race because Elmo has much to do at the moment.

Everything is fine, poster will be up today :)

*edit* at page 44 is everything written :p

Blackvault
16-07-2015, 12:29
Hey guys, Photonenbert and me are planning the next sunday/wednesday race because Elmo has much to do at the moment.

Everything is fine, poster will be up today :)

*edit* at page 44 is everything written :p

For those of us on more posts per page, do you know which page that is?

NemethR
16-07-2015, 12:35
Photonenbert and me are planning the next sunday/wednesday race ...

Ok, that sounds more like Lotus 49 at the Nordschleife in thunderstorm, at night then :)

Blackvault
16-07-2015, 12:38
Ok, that sounds more like Lotus 49 at the Nordschleife in thunderstorm, at night then :)

Gulp! :p

t0daY
16-07-2015, 12:48

Thats the race for wednesday... how did you know? :D :D :D

t0daY
16-07-2015, 12:50
For those of us on more posts per page, do you know which page that is?

Begins with elmos post #875, for those with more posts per page :)

t0daY
16-07-2015, 13:37

Hello Gentlemen,

we are going this sunday to Imola (Italy) with the Lotus 98T Renault 1.5 V6 Turbo.

Date: 19th July 2015
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Warm Up: 5 minutes
Race: 40 laps (Standing Start)

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00 with no rain ;)
Driving Aids: Real, that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

Average fuel consumption is about 3,4-3,7 litre/lap, the tyre wear is normal. Will be interesting who will do no pitstop, 1 or even 2 pitstops :)
IMPORTANT: Be very carefully with the wastegate pressure, too high settings will blow your engine! At ~ 20% engine condition (still drivable), you will get a mechanical fault, at 0% condition your engine will be gone... :D

After the qualifying there will be a 5 minute warmup session. After that, we are doing a standing start with no formation lap. When the lights turn green, the race will begin.

*edit* Ignore turn 21 and 22 :D :D

Lets see who can tame the beast and who will be eaten :p :)

Greetings,

Photonenbert & t0daY

NemethR
16-07-2015, 13:42
Lets see who can tame the beast and who will be eaten....

Ohh my God! :o

That really sounds interesting! That is the 2nd fastest car in the game, and its so much fun...
Count me in for that!

ps.: If I can make it home in time.

t0daY
16-07-2015, 13:47
Ohh my God! :o

That really sounds interesting! That is the 2nd fastest car in the game, and its so much fun...
Count me in for that!

ps.: If I can make it home in time.

You have to be at home in time, otherwise I am disappointed :mad: :D :D

Yorkie065
16-07-2015, 14:42
Nice detail on the event! Sounds good and very useful! :D

Neil Bateman
16-07-2015, 16:13
Here is my race from last night, changed back to G25 from G27 and forgot to map wipers button but decided to still use cockpit as it wasn't too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjvtdLx8nNQ

falcon2081
16-07-2015, 17:16
Awesome! Love this car. Got approved Sunday off work so I will be there!

Papa H
16-07-2015, 19:04
Here is my race from last night, changed back to G25 from G27 and forgot to map wipers button but decided to still use cockpit as it wasn't too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjvtdLx8nNQ

i wondered why you no wipers????????

well done Neil

Yeratel84
16-07-2015, 19:10

Hello Gentlemen,

we are going this sunday to Imola (Italy) with the Lotus 98T Renault 1.5 V6 Turbo.

Date: 19th Juli 2015
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Race: 1+39 laps

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00 with no rain ;)
Driving Aids: Real, that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

Average fuel consumption is about 3,4-3,7 litre/lap, the tyre wear is normal. Will be interesting who will do no pitstop, 1 or even 2 pitstops :)
IMPORTANT: Be very carefully with the waste gate pressure, too high settings will blow your engine! At ~ 20% engine condition (still drivable), you will get a mechanical fault, at 0% condition your engine will be gone... :D

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 15 (Variante Alta) on the long straight before turn 18/19 (Rivazza)

*edit* Ignore turn 21 and 22 :D :D

Lets see who can tame the beast and who will be eaten :p :)

Greetings,

Photonenbert & t0daY

Nooooo... Can't race this Sunday due to work...

Stevie_F
16-07-2015, 21:06
What times are people setting? :)

Photonenbert
16-07-2015, 21:10

depends on the waste gate I guess :p

Will Fly
16-07-2015, 21:10
1.28 1.29s default w/g

falcon2081
17-07-2015, 00:06
I did a couple of stints today. Maybe only slight tweaks to the car. Its quite a handful I can tell you that much. Otherwise here's a couple of things you need to know if you don't have time to test.

-Default setup is pretty good. I would take a look at the gearing and suit it to your preferences.
-Expect to use 3.0-3.5 liters of fuel a lap. You will need about 142 liters. All depends on how well you can tame the beast and your right foot.
-Throttle management is key here coming in and out of corners.
-Default Pressure Wastegate (4.7) will only get you to about 28-30 laps before the car has mechanical damage to the engine.
-You will incur about 3-4% of damage to the engine per lap with the default wastegate so take that into consideration.
-Like wise you will also incur brake damage each lap or so. Be easy on the brakes. You will have to brake before the 150-200 board.
-Fuel and Tires should last the entire race. I was about 25% on the rears and 12% on the fronts when I pitted in lap 30.

-Race Pace: Low Tank (50L or less) I posted a 1:27.999 while consistently being in the low 28's. Full tank of 142 Liters I was doing high 1:29's to high 1:31's. Aliens will be around here and everyone else will be around 32-34's or more. Don't count yourself out though if you aren't near these times.

-Strategy: 2 options
- One Stop Strategy. Stopping around laps 25-29 or before engine damage gets to 80%. Seeing as you won't need fuel or tires it takes about 3-4 seconds to fix all the engine damage and brakes. You won't be engine limited but your tires will be worn. Making sure to get away at the start of the race and creating a gap is key here.
- No Stop Strategy. You can play it smart and lower the wastegate pressure to about 4.0. You will be trading speed down the straight (about 5-6mph) for lower overall engine damage per lap (about 1-2%). They key here is to consistently post the same times and try and make it up when the others pit.
I will expect some people to go for this strategy.

Final thoughts: Should be a interesting race. Key to this race will be how good you are at throttle management as well as conserving tire life. I'm off to work but will be back on Sunday in time for the race. So I will see you all Gents on Sunday!:cool:

t0daY
17-07-2015, 00:22
I did a couple of stints today. Maybe only slight tweaks to the car. Its quite a handful I can tell you that much. Otherwise here's a couple of things you need to know if you don't have time to test.

-Default setup is pretty good. I would take a look at the gearing and suit it to your preferences.
-Expect to use 3.0-3.5 liters of fuel a lap. You will need about 142 liters. All depends on how well you can tame the beast and your right foot.
-Throttle management is key here coming in and out of corners.
-Default Pressure Wastegate (4.7) will only get you to about 28-30 laps before the car has mechanical damage to the engine.
-You will incur about 3-4% of damage to the engine per lap with the default wastegate so take that into consideration.
-Like wise you will also incur brake damage each lap or so. Be easy on the brakes. You will have to brake before the 150-200 board.
-Fuel and Tires should last the entire race. I was about 25% on the rears and 12% on the fronts when I pitted in lap 30.

-Race Pace: Low Tank (50L or less) I posted a 1:27.999 while consistently being in the low 28's. Full tank of 142 Liters I was doing high 1:29's to high 1:31's. Aliens will be around here and everyone else will be around 32-34's or more. Don't count yourself out though if you aren't near these times.

-Strategy: 2 options
- One Stop Strategy. Stopping around laps 25-29 or before engine damage gets to 80%. Seeing as you won't need fuel or tires it takes about 3-4 seconds to fix all the engine damage and brakes. You won't be engine limited but your tires will be worn. Making sure to get away at the start of the race and creating a gap is key here.
- No Stop Strategy. You can play it smart and lower the wastegate pressure to about 4.0. You will be trading speed down the straight (about 5-6mph) for lower overall engine damage per lap (about 1-2%). They key here is to consistently post the same times and try and make it up when the others pit.
I will expect some people to go for this strategy.

Final thoughts: Should be a interesting race. Key to this race will be how good you are at throttle management as well as conserving tire life. I'm off to work but will be back on Sunday in time for the race. So I will see you all Gents on Sunday!:cool:

Thank you falcon for your decent informations :) One thing that bothers me, is the strategy which you will repair your engine... You can not fix an engine in 3-4 seconds in real life:D Would be a "shame" if someone will go with this strategy :p
Will try out things tomorrow, if anyone is interested, I set up a server for a practice session :)

falcon2081
17-07-2015, 00:45
Thank you falcon for your decent informations :) One thing that bothers me, is the strategy which you will repair your engine... You can not fix an engine in 3-4 seconds in real life:D Would be a "shame" if someone will go this strategy :p
Will try out things tomorrow, if anyone is interested, I set up a server for a practice session :)

Well like we were talking earlier you still you will lose time going into the pits. I would guess a total of 20-30 seconds when you pit. That can go even higher if you decide to put some fresh tires in and go for those low times. Meanwhile if you decide to stay on worn rubber you can take a huge gamble and not have any more traction. By the time I was in lap 30 the tires were just spinning like crazy (not like the car does it already lol). We will see what happens and what people go with.

cluck
17-07-2015, 10:59
My first flying lap last night in free practice netted a low 1m27 lap time on default setup. I tried in Time Trial and got 1m27.6s. However, my nerves were shot after just a couple of laps at that pace, there is no way I'd keep that up for 39 laps :o.

Gopher04
17-07-2015, 13:26
Thank you falcon for your decent informations One thing that bothers me, is the strategy which you will repair your engine... You can not fix an engine in 3-4 seconds in real life Would be a "shame" if someone will go with this strategy

Very true, but thats the way all the pitting works right now, but even with that pitstop it can make the race interesting if you pit or don't with this combo, we can only use what the game allows us for now, you can't fault someone for that.

t0daY
17-07-2015, 13:39
Very true, but thats the way all the pitting works right now, but even with that pitstop it can make the race interesting if you pit or don't with this combo, we can only use what the game allows us for now, you can't fault someone for that.

I totally agree with you. Everyone can use it, so its no disadvantage for anyone, so its legit :p :p

NemethR
17-07-2015, 13:44
I always get troubel when I try to pit...
It never works properly for me :(

Photonenbert
17-07-2015, 13:48
New patch guys !! 2.5 coming today:

these are the Pitting fixes YAY !! :):)

Pitting, tuning, setups
* Fixed a case where the in-game tuning Setup was not being saved under certain conditions.
* Fixed the issue with cold and current tyre pressure mismatches in pitstop strategy, as well as cold pressure not being correctly applied in the tyre system.
* Ensure that the Default pitstop strategy is selected as the Active one when starting a new session.
* Fixed an issue where the wrong vehicle setup would at times be applied to the player’s current vehicle.
* Fixed another case of where cars would sometimes leave the pits with an invisible reattached wheel.
* Fixed an issue with the Pit Strategy screen where the displayed values did not reflect the saved settings.
* Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.
* Reworked some tyre compound names as displayed in the setup screen to ensure that all compounds are named to be indicative of the type of compound it represents in the pit strategy screen.
* Restrict the selectable pit strategy tyre compound types to only those available for the current vehicle.

Pamellaaa
17-07-2015, 13:49
New patch guys !! 2.5 coming today:

these are the Pitting fixes YAY !! :):)

Pitting, tuning, setups
* Fixed a case where the in-game tuning Setup was not being saved under certain conditions.
* Fixed the issue with cold and current tyre pressure mismatches in pitstop strategy, as well as cold pressure not being correctly applied in the tyre system.
* Ensure that the Default pitstop strategy is selected as the Active one when starting a new session.
* Fixed an issue where the wrong vehicle setup would at times be applied to the player’s current vehicle.
* Fixed another case of where cars would sometimes leave the pits with an invisible reattached wheel.
* Fixed an issue with the Pit Strategy screen where the displayed values did not reflect the saved settings.
* Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.
* Reworked some tyre compound names as displayed in the setup screen to ensure that all compounds are named to be indicative of the type of compound it represents in the pit strategy screen.
* Restrict the selectable pit strategy tyre compound types to only those available for the current vehicle.

Wohoo!

ZiggyUK
17-07-2015, 16:51
Always have faith in the SMS Dev's and what they can achieve :)

Proper pitstops are back (we hope) so strategy races can become more realistic and not such a nightmare to some.

wodm
17-07-2015, 17:18
Off topic but why don't images show in out signatures any more?

Blackvault
17-07-2015, 17:30
Off topic but why don't images show in out signatures any more?

I'll raise it behind the scenes.

Ian Bell
17-07-2015, 17:30
I'll raise it in beside the senses.

Subconsciously then. Like it.

Blackvault
17-07-2015, 17:31
Subconsciously then. Like it.

Damn auto correct on my phone.

Martin G Webb
17-07-2015, 17:33
I'll raise it in beside the senses.

No sense where there's no feeling.

Photonenbert
17-07-2015, 18:18

I managed a 1:27:523 with 140 Liters. I adjusted tires, brake pressure, brake balance/pressure and waste gate so my engine does the full stint.

I also did a small test on the pit stop strategy. I drove some laps, went into pits. directly adjusted the fuel input from 123 (no fuel) to 140 (17 liters) and the pit crew would fill up my tank immediately. so its working properly now?
cause some mentioned that it would only affect the next pit stop and not the current one. or was this just with the tires?

Im also very excited for the qualifying and seeing what you guys can manage in that short amount of time with different waste gate pressure :) should do for some amazing time battles.

Yeratel84
17-07-2015, 18:44
I managed a 1:27:523 with 140 Liters. I adjusted tires, brake pressure, brake balance/pressure and waste gate so my engine does the full stint.

I also did a small test on the pit stop strategy. I drove some laps, went into pits. directly adjusted the fuel input from 123 (no fuel) to 140 (17 liters) and the pit crew would fill up my tank immediately. so its working properly now?
cause some mentioned that it would only affect the next pit stop and not the current one. or was this just with the tires?

The issue happened with any changes done on the fly after your car was already stationary in its pit box. So, to make sure its working properly any of you should try and alter something after the car has stopped and see if it's applied immediately...

EDIT: Can't check it myself until later.as I'm still at work

Timmynator
17-07-2015, 19:02
[...]

How do you gauge engine damage? As in "what tool/app do you use for that"...I don't think I've seen it show up in pCARS Profiler (unless I'm as blind as when it came to saving the layout...).

Pamellaaa
17-07-2015, 19:03
How do you gauge engine damage? As in "what tool/app do you use for that"...I don't think I've seen it show up in pCARS Profiler (unless I'm as blind as when it came to saving the layout...).

Profiler has a board for damage, it shows all 4 corners for suspension and brakes, front and rear aero as well as engine and a couple of other bits, very useful but not included in the default layout.

Gopher04
17-07-2015, 19:30
@t0daY are you planning to go with a authentic start..meaning standing?

Gopher04
17-07-2015, 19:33
Damn auto correct on my phone.

Normally the excuse is 'don't forget I'm dyslexic'

wodm
17-07-2015, 19:35
Pcars dash
At the bottom, hope that helps

t0daY
17-07-2015, 20:31
@t0daY are you planning to go with a authentic start..meaning standing?

Thats a good question, did not think about it... whats the others opinion? I had a formationlap in mind, but im open minded to changes :D

Cleps
17-07-2015, 21:28
Just a quick note to say we HAVE to make an Audi A1 race very soon!

miagi
17-07-2015, 22:17
About the pit stops, does it still has that silly way of setting fuel for the pit strategy? Like we need to tell the pit crew how much fuel shall be in the car after the stop instead of setting how much to refuel?!

Timmynator
17-07-2015, 22:29
Thanks for the info, guys. I really need to sit down and study up on my Profiler ;)

x ImJakeyy
17-07-2015, 23:03
Sorry I dropped out of the TeamSpeak earlier, I knocked my PC quite violently and my SSD went into shutdown to prevent damage.

With pCARS keeping crashing its getting a little annoying really atm.

ZiggyUK
18-07-2015, 01:32
I have been given reports that the formation lap speed in the GEN races has been increased to higher than 80kph. Not sure where this has come from as FIA and Subsequent Organisation regulations that I am aware of do not allow this. I have always been governed by the 70 > 90kph ruling, hence why I specify 80kph (50mph). I think this may have been introduced during the [TGC-OFG] stage when we are simply testing rather than racing.

Can we please not deviate from these rules for a race.

For those interested here are extracts from the supplementary regulations from a few of series

BLANCPAIN GT SERIES 2015 Sporting Regulations

146. Fifteen-second signal: 15 seconds after this signal, a green flag/light will be shown at the
front of the grid whereupon the cars will begin a formation lap with the organiser's official
car leading, maintaining their starting order. During this lap, practice starts are forbidden
and the formation must be kept as tight as possible.

Overtaking during the formation lap is permitted only if a car is delayed when leaving its
grid position and cars behind cannot avoid passing it without unduly delaying the
remainder of the field. In this case, drivers may overtake only to re-establish the original
starting order. Any driver delayed in this way, and who is unable to re-establish the original
starting order before he reaches the first Safety Car Line, must enter the pit lane and start
from the end of the pit lane.

Any driver who is delayed leaving the grid may not overtake another moving car if he was
stationary after the remainder of the cars had crossed the Line, and must start the race
from the back of the grid. If more than one driver is affected, they must form up at the back
of the grid in the order in which they left to complete the formation lap. If the Line is not
situated in front of the pole position, for the purposes of this article only, it will be deemed
to be a white line one metre in front of pole position.

A drive-through penalty will be imposed on any driver who, in the opinion of the Stewards,
unnecessarily overtook another car during the formation lap.

The speed of the organiser's official car must be around 80 kph during the formation lap.

147. Any driver who is unable to start the formation lap must indicate this to the marshals.

When leaving the grid, all drivers must proceed at a greatly reduced speed until clear of any
team personnel standing beside the track.

Marshals will be instructed to push any car (or cars) remaining on the grid into the pit lane
by the shortest route as soon as all cars able to leave the grid have done so. Any driver
being pushed from the grid may not attempt to start his car until in the pit lane.

148. The organiser's official leading car will pull off at the end of the formation lap. The cars will
continue on their own with the pole position leading at a constant speed between 70 kph
and a maximum of 90 kph.

Any divergence from the prescribed speeds before the start is given will result in a penalty.

During the formation lap the red light will be on. No car may overtake another one before
the starting signal is given.

GT4 European Series Sporting Regulations 2014

110. Fifteen-second signal: 15 seconds after this signal, a green flag/light will be shown at the front
of the grid whereupon the cars will begin a formation lap with the organiser’s official car
leading, maintaining their starting order. During this lap, practice starts are forbidden and the
formation must be kept as tight as possible.

Overtaking during the formation lap is only permitted if a car is delayed when leaving its grid
position and cars behind cannot avoid passing it without unduly delaying the remainder of the
field. In this case, drivers may only overtake to re-establish the original starting order.

Any driver who is delayed leaving the grid may not overtake another moving car if he was stationary
after the remainder of the cars had crossed the Line, and must start the race from the back of the
grid. If more than one driver is affected, they must form up at the back of the grid in the order
in which they left to complete the formation lap. If the Line is not situated in front of the pole
position, for the purposes of this Article only, it will be deemed to be a white line one metre in
front of pole position.

A time penalty will be imposed on any driver who, in the opinion of the Stewards, unnecessarily
overtook another car during the formation lap.

Yellow flags will be displayed at all observation posts. The speed of the organiser's official car
must be between 70 and 90 kph during the formation lap.

111. Any driver who is unable to start the formation lap must indicate this to the marshals.

When leaving the grid, all drivers must proceed at a greatly reduced speed until clear of any team
personnel standing beside the track.

Marshals will be instructed to push any car (or cars) remaining on the grid into the pit lane by
the shortest route as soon as all cars able to leave the grid have done so.
Any driver being pushed from the grid may not attempt to start the car and must follow the
instructions of the marshals.

112. Rolling start: The organiser's official leading car will pull off at the end of the formation
lap. The cars will continue on their own with the pole position of the grids leading at a minimum
speed of 70 kph and a maximum of 90 kph. Any divergence between the prescribed speeds (70/90 kph)
before the start is given will result in a Stop and Go penalty.

During the formation lap the red light will be on. No car may overtake another one before the
starting signal is given.

2014 Avon Tyres British GT Championship Regulations

3.7.2 Rolling Starts

2 x 2 line astern Grid formation.

3.7.2.1 The Organisers official leading car will pull off at the end of the pace lap. The cars
will continue on their own with the pole position leading at a minimum speed of 70kph and a
maximum of 90kph. A judge of fact may monitor the speed of the car in pole position by radar. Any
divergence between the prescribed speeds (70/90kph) before the start is given may result in a stop
and go penalty. During the formation lap the red light will be on. No car may overtake another one
before the starting signal is given. In the event that the starting lights fail the Starter will
revert to using the National Flag.

So as you see learning all these series regulations can be pretty dry but they all same the same thing ... 80kph / 50mph

t0daY
18-07-2015, 02:07
Ok seems logically... But what is the exact point of TGC about open wheel races for example? There is, at least these days, no flying starts (yes there is a formation lap but still a standing start) I am just asking according Gophers question/suggestion about a standing start for sundays race (98T in Imoa), for the realism effect.

My second question would be about the odds on the left, even on the rights story. Is it on some tracks not a disadvantage to start as first on the left? Just random thoughts from my side^^ Are we gonna see you on sundays race ziggy? The lotus is calling your name :p

ZiggyUK
18-07-2015, 05:16
1. Open wheelers should be a standing start off the grid and not a rolling start. Me, I prefer to do a formation lap and return to the grid but at the moment this needs to be checked with tyre temp problems so that is up to the Race Director to decide. If the temps are not doing anything too erratic then do the formation lap and return to the grid. The last man in position can call the RED,RED,GREEN when he is in position. Arguments about it not be fair for the front runners as their tyres get colder as they are parked up for longer - just tell them to go ask Lewis or Nico about it and report back to you.

2. Odds on left » yes it can be a disadvantage and in real life the pole position leader can be offered an alternative by the CoC or different tracks have different layouts of course. I do remember a regulation somewhere that suggested that all pole position placements should be on the outside of T1 as this is the most advantageous. The majority of tracks run clockwise, obviously not all of them, so that allows Odd to be on the left the majority of the time (not always). For a rolling start for ease and simplicity it is wiser to keep to one option so that everyone knows that the ODD is on the left otherwise you end up with chaos and confusion I am afraid. Even now you will still hear people ask to confirm "Odds on the left" .... I thought of having that scribbled into my Headstone (Grave) as a moto I have repeated so often. With Standing starts then it will be where you are placed on the grid by pCARS.

Gopher04
18-07-2015, 07:58
I have been given reports that the formation lap speed in the GEN races has been increased to higher than 80kph. Not sure where this has come from as FIA and Subsequent Organisation regulations that I am aware of do not allow this. I have always been governed by the 70 > 90kph ruling, hence why I specify 80kph (50mph). I think this may have been introduced during the [TGC-OFG] stage when we are simply testing rather than racing.

More than likely it was raised during testing, but with some cars is just way to slow because of tyre temps drop off.

As for the 98T yes it should be a Standing start as with most formula's, doing a formation lap and then forming up on the grid again would be suicide, the tyre would be so cold the standing start would result in go left & right, straight from the off you get warm tyre's. The formation lap can't be used for all the vehicles, Pcars drop off temps are to severe, ours don't compare to real life, but hey what do I know....actually, no no no, must resist.

Martin G Webb
18-07-2015, 08:42
More than likely it was raised during testing, but with some cars is just way to slow because of tyre temps drop off.

As for the 98T yes it should be a Standing start as with most formula's, doing a formation lap and then forming up on the grid again would be suicide, the tyre would be so cold the standing start would result in go left & right, straight from the off you get warm tyre's. The formation lap can't be used for all the vehicles, Pcars drop off temps are to severe, ours don't compare to real life, but hey what do I know....actually, no no no, must resist.

Tyre temps and 'Difficulties' getting away from a standing start are from memory the main reasons why we have avoided the powerful, open wheeled cars in the past. This race could be the exception or it could prove the rule, we'll wait to see which it is.

As for what you know Goph - You know the score.

Puffpirat
18-07-2015, 09:43
The formation lap of formula cars isn't limited to 80 kph but I don't know for sure if there is another maximum speed governed. But you don't see the F1 field crawl at 80.

And a sad day for F1. RIP Jules, shame to see such a talent pass away.

Photonenbert
18-07-2015, 10:54
About the pit stops, does it still has that silly way of setting fuel for the pit strategy? Like we need to tell the pit crew how much fuel shall be in the car after the stop instead of setting how much to refuel?!

hm I dont think they changed it sadly :(
good point. there should be an easy button "refuel: yes/no" and as you said the full range of adjusting the amount of fuel.

Photonenbert
18-07-2015, 10:59

Im using "HUD Dash App" for android.

vrHive for PC also displays it.

t0daY
18-07-2015, 11:25
1. Open wheelers should be a standing start off the grid and not a rolling start. Me, I prefer to do a formation lap and return to the grid but at the moment this needs to be checked with tyre temp problems so that is up to the Race Director to decide. If the temps are not doing anything too erratic then do the formation lap and return to the grid. The last man in position can call the RED,RED,GREEN when he is in position. Arguments about it not be fair for the front runners as their tyres get colder as they are parked up for longer - just tell them to go ask Lewis or Nico about it and report back to you.

2. Odds on left » yes it can be a disadvantage and in real life the pole position leader can be offered an alternative by the CoC or different tracks have different layouts of course. I do remember a regulation somewhere that suggested that all pole position placements should be on the outside of T1 as this is the most advantageous. The majority of tracks run clockwise, obviously not all of them, so that allows Odd to be on the left the majority of the time (not always). For a rolling start for ease and simplicity it is wiser to keep to one option so that everyone knows that the ODD is on the left otherwise you end up with chaos and confusion I am afraid. Even now you will still hear people ask to confirm "Odds on the left" .... I thought of having that scribbled into my Headstone (Grave) as a moto I have repeated so often. With Standing starts then it will be where you are placed on the grid by pCARS.

Okay I am gonna change it in the post. For all guys who are attend to sundays race. After the qualy, there will be a 5 minute warmup session... Everyone can go to the toilet again or get something to drink. After that a standing start with no formation lap. If the lights turn green, race for your life :p

t0daY
18-07-2015, 11:26
The formation lap of formula cars isn't limited to 80 kph but I don't know for sure if there is another maximum speed governed. But you don't see the F1 field crawl at 80.

And a sad day for F1. RIP Jules, shame to see such a talent pass away.

Jules past away? Oh my god... :'( RIP... wish the family much strenght in this hard time...

Puffpirat
18-07-2015, 12:04
Jules past away? Oh my god... :'( RIP... wish the family much strenght in this hard time...

Sadly yes, yesterday he succumbed to his injuries . He was a rising star. The first fatality in F1 20 years after Sennas accident.

Gopher04
18-07-2015, 13:01
Okay I am gonna change it in the post. For all guys who are attend to sundays race. After the qualy, there will be a 5 minute warmup session... Everyone can go to the toilete again, or get something to drink. After that a standing start with no formation lap. If the lights turn green, race for your life

Be worth testing the starts if people are around just to see how this car reacts, I think as long as people don't just slam the foot to the floor and tread carefully leading to turn 1 all should be good.

Photonenbert
18-07-2015, 13:14
Be worth testing the starts if people are around just to see how this car reacts, I think as long as people don't just slam the foot to the floor and tread carefully leading to turn 1 all should be good.

Yeah everybody can just practice the standing start during free practice to see how the car behaves.

hm you have to drop revs quite a bit to not get of the line properly. car does better than I thought. It has so much grip it will only do a little burnout on full revs and clutch kick so we should be ok for standing starts.

Photonenbert
18-07-2015, 16:29
time difference is insane with high waste gate pressure and low fuel.

140 L 4.4 bar: 1:27:523

20L 6 Bar (quali pressure): 1:22:847

I love that car :p

ZiggyUK
18-07-2015, 17:17

Did I not answer that here? :p

1. Open wheelers should be a standing start off the grid and not a rolling start. Me, I prefer to do a formation lap and return to the grid but at the moment this needs to be checked with tyre temp problems so that is up to the Race Director to decide.

But I see what you mean, I am assuming you are helping t0daY out with your knowledge as he makes his decision about the start.

ZiggyUK
18-07-2015, 23:23
For those not aware the TGC and the mobile/tablet app VDash have a common link.

Flynny needs some advice regarding tyre temp indicators and who better to ask then TGC. Anyway if you can help or provide a valid opinion please post in his thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31139-VDash-(A306-S100)-(Android-second-screen-app)&goto=newpost)and just add your a TGC Driver along with your post.

I'm making a 'condition' dash to use new data types (tyre/brake/sus condition/temps) and using the wheel info view... But the colours are all wrong.

What do people think is a good temperature range for cold/hot/overheat that works across all tyres (the API doesn't provide the tyre). I know the brakes go green at about 600°

The next update (soon) will require a server update for ETS2 and some missing pcars data

Thanks guys. I shall put this in the NCC thread as well.

I know I normally email spam these kind of requests but as others also follow our threads they may be able to provide help as well

JetPistol
19-07-2015, 13:59
I'll possibly join you tonight. After beeing absent from pCars for weeks, I need some basic information regarding relevant/critical changes that came with the latest patches. Can I keep my (rather outdated) profile? Any other hints?

Is there any overview with the settings and conditions for today's race?

t0daY
19-07-2015, 14:01
I'll possibly join you tonight. After beeing absent from pCars for weeks, I need some basic information regarding relevant/critical changes that came with the latest patches. Can I keep my (rather outdated) profile? Any other hints?

Is there any overview with the settings and conditions for today's race?

Nice to hear :)

About the race, every information you need for the race tonight you can find here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1049144&viewfull=1#post1049144

About the latest patches. The new 2.5 patch fixed pitstops and the ffb. You have new slider to adjust your ffb, you can find lots of information in the forums :)

Cheers!

Puffpirat
19-07-2015, 16:11
Back from my trip and you organize the 98T at imola, awesome! But I just had to find out my steam drive died :( thankfully I had a SSD lying around which was supposed to go into my next build. Now on to save what is left to safe, download the new patch and hope I get it running and some practice before the race starts