PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Tricky
19-07-2015, 20:08
Had to leave at the half way point as my foot was cramping up. Not really a fan of the car but makes for a lively session.

Don't think I was alone but seemed like the temps were lower in the race session. Tyres were always blue and looking at Profiler, slightly cooling through the race. My oil temp was 5-10c lower than I was expecting too.

cluck
19-07-2015, 20:35
That was hard work but a lot of fun. My apologies to those I collided with (especially falcon - I dropped a gear a little too fast and locked up the rears and couldn't save it :o).

falcon2081
19-07-2015, 20:39
That was hard work but a lot of fun. My apologies to those I collided with (especially falcon - I dropped a gear a little too fast and locked up the rears and couldn't save it :o).

It's all good man. Thankfully you gave me 5% suspension and aero damage lol. Not enough to hinder me. By then though I was just too frustrated with the race. For me something had changed from the warmup to the start of the race. Not only that but I kept having shifting issues using the paddles and auto clutch. This car just did not like it. I was losing time coming out of corners. Start of the race I got hit and had damage. I made my way from last back up to 6th at the end of the race. I started 5th. So overall not too bad considering the issues I had. It was a fun race though.

Neil Bateman
19-07-2015, 20:40
Had to leave at the half way point as my foot was cramping up. Not really a fan of the car but makes for a lively session.

Don't think I was alone but seemed like the temps were lower in the race session. Tyres were always blue and looking at Profiler, slightly cooling through the race. My oil temp was 5-10c lower than I was expecting too.

I also had that problem, did not experience it in practice but spent the whole race with only the right front showing green, the other three were blue the whole race.

Yorkie065
19-07-2015, 21:03
That was by far the most frustrating race for me. To start off with, I caused the pile up off the line. It was completely my fault as I went straight into the back of Tricky as he was trying to mange the turbo off the line. I tried to go around, but didn't get far enough over to the right and hit the rear of his car and climbed onto the back which then caused a number of cars behind to hit us and I believe Gift didn't see it happen and hit us both hard in the back with little-to-nowhere to go and ended up loosing a wheel. So to you both Tricky and Gift, and anyone else who got caught up and got damage from it, my sincerest apologies.

As for the rest of the race when I had recovered to the pits and repaired my car at the end of lap 1, I was pretty far back down the field. So I decided to go a bit more steady and not fully push, in the hope I could slowly close back up to people and capitilize on people making mistakes and doing pitstops. I didn't plan at all to make a stop as the pressure and fuel I had set would be able to last the entire race. I managed to work my way back up and then came across Falcon and was racing for him for pretty much the entire race minus the last 12 laps or so when he pitted. In that time I got lapped fairly early on by the top 3, maybe 4. In the closing stages, I made a mistake and hit the wall loosing a tyre. I had to drive the 2nd and 3rd sector with only 3 wheels and managed to get it to the stop and decided to put on a new set of tyres. I then hit a bug, a bad one....The left hand side of the car got fitted with wet tyres, but the right hand side with slicks. Now this was a bit weird, and actually wasn't as bad as it sounded as the tyres didn't over-heat, much. The left rear was at times, but I was still able to mange it and bring the car back home with only 1 or 2 more mistakes. Again, in the closing stages I made contact with someone who I believed I was lapping in turn 1. I have no idea who it was, but again, I hold my hands up as it was completely my fault and I apologise!!

It was not good.

Now! Something that I don't want to bring up but I feel I must as this really was the main reason that ruined it for me. Track Limits! The abuse of this was off the scale from what I saw...

This was of the leaders who lapped me. Not 100% sure who they were at the time and I don't want to know any names as I have a rough idea of who they were, but this was just.....nuts! The following lap I managed to catch a glimpse of them up the road and it looked like a similar line coming out of the chicane was taken again. From there, I'm not sure if this was happening every lap but some of the laps were very very quick. Both times they were pulling away so were obviously full throttle whilst off track. I don't know what setups they were running, what fuel loads but I have a feeling that this may have contributed to those times. We all know the rules. Running this wide should not be happening....even if the game allows it!

cluck
19-07-2015, 21:10
I was running 4.7-bar boost but otherwise had a stock setup for the race itself. For what it's worth, if you run too wide off that chicane you get a warning and a 5-second penalty (I don't know the exact limits though Yorkie but I also know that the AI-programmed line is as wide as the car in front of you in that screenshot)

t0daY
19-07-2015, 22:07

Hello Gentlemen,

This wednesday we are going to Oschersleben, Germany with the Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM

Date: 22nd July 2015
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Warm Up: 5 minutes
Race: 50 laps with 2 mandontary pit stops (Standing Start)

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00, starting in the rain and the conditions are going to be better :)
Weather progression: 2x
Time progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real, that means NO ABS, NO TC, NO SC

We are doing a standing start with no formation lap. When the lights turn green, the race will begin.

The returning to Oschersleben, who will win the rainy german race?

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

t0daY
19-07-2015, 22:08
Some additional content for the DTM race :) Really interesting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqcAiNF80Y

ZiggyUK
19-07-2015, 23:38
Now! Something that I don't want to bring up but I feel I must as this really was the main reason that ruined it for me. Track Limits! The abuse of this was off the scale from what I saw...

This was of the leaders who lapped me. Not 100% sure who they were at the time and I don't want to know any names as I have a rough idea of who they were, but this was just.....nuts! The following lap I managed to catch a glimpse of them up the road and it looked like a similar line coming out of the chicane was taken again. From there, I'm not sure if this was happening every lap but some of the laps were very very quick. Both times they were pulling away so were obviously full throttle whilst off track. I don't know what setups they were running, what fuel loads but I have a feeling that this may have contributed to those times. We all know the rules. Running this wide should not be happening....even if the game allows it!

Thank you for pointing this out Yorkie. Guys this is so NOT allowed in our races. I have been over this time and time again with you - you must respect track limits otherwise I might as well shut down the TGC.

What makes it worse is that everyone has been sent the following video to watch, which just so happens to be Imola so absolutely no excuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tec1_oHDrqE

Now as much as we are against Naming and Shaming if you start doing this within our leagues then you can be sure you will be named and evidence sent to the stewards,

Stop flaunting the rules and regs guys.

edit: here is another one in en open wheeler showing the lines we expect you to adhere to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LD6eQVQBik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myu08C5PPIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAFjMztEJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_a4EMFlXs&feature=youtu.be

t0daY
20-07-2015, 00:06
Thank you for pointing this out Yorkie. Guys this is so NOT allowed in our races. I have been over this time and time again with you - you must respect track limits otherwise I might as well shut down the TGC.

What makes it worse is that everyone has been sent the following video to watch, which just so happens to be Imola so absolutely no excuse.

Now as much as we are against Naming and Shaming if you start doing this within our leagues then you can be sure you will be named and evidence sent to the stewards,

Stop flaunting the rules and regs guys.

I do not think it is "flaunting" or "disregard" the rules. It happens, with the Lotus 98 easily, really fast if you are missing for example the schicane breaking point or got some understeer going out of the corner. It is me on the picture (the red/white car at the front). It is completly okay to be named, but it is a difference if someone doing it on purpose or by accident...

It isnt/wasnt my intention to disrespect the rules of TGC, it isnt/wasnt my intention to "cheat" on purpose.. but I think a lot of us (including me) struggled today keeping the Lotus 98 on track with a decent race pace. It is of course no excuse!

ZiggyUK
20-07-2015, 00:30
Okay thank you for your honesty t0daY but when a driver is not able to keep it on the track at the pace they are going, then you are not in control of the vehicle and should therefore slower your pace to remain legal. When everyone does it it is therefore a fair regulation.

But when one driver decides he has to keep exceeding the track limits then the driver behind copies that and so forth and do forth. We have witnessed this many times.

When half the track are exceeding track limits and the other are not then it is no longer a fair race anymore

No-ones a perfect driver and we all make mistakes at times but as Yorkie has pointed out drivers are doing this lap after lap with no respect for the track limits. If you are not able to keep the car within the track limits then please instead of racing turn up as marshals instead and advise though that are still doing it. race observers do keep a record of every time a driver goes outside of the track limits and if starts becoming too frequent then the warnings and drive through penalties start to be handed out. If a driver does not then heed the warnings they are disqualified from the race for not being able to control their vehicle and therefore a danger to themselves and others.

So unless the Race Director gives explicate instructions as to where you can go outside the track limits (which is usually to use the green asphalt during wet races) then keep a wheel within the white line.

In some races they do no allow ANY wheel to exceed the track limits at all, or in other words those drivers need to keep all 4 wheels inside of the tracks white lines at all times.

ZiggyUK
20-07-2015, 00:49
and before anyone asks the same rules goes for the Tin Tops

http://youtu.be/2paBVK7r-zI
http://youtu.be/XJSGe8OvgRE

Please no videos or references to the Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobile Club or the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters as the TGC does not refer to or recognise their specific supplementary regulations.

NemethR
20-07-2015, 07:31
This last nights race with the 98T war a revelation for me.
I really felt, like driving backwards on the Highway. :(

There are two possibilities, either I am so slow, or I messed up my setup.
I was being overtaken in the straight, in the corners, my best lap was 10 (ten) secs slower then that of the winner.

I have no idea why, usually I am not that slow.

Anyway, even fighting for next-to-last place it was actually quite fun to drive the car around, thanks to the organisers of the event :)

A big Congrats to the Winner, and podim placed drivers of the race, as I have no idea how you guys managed to be so fast, and grats to FlyingKman, who despite loosing 2-3 minutes in the pits, managed to overtake me in the end. - I told you you will :P :)

I will go with the NCC-s on wednesday, as I don't like Oschersleben, and I don't like the DTM Merc either.
No offense, just to explain why.

FlyingKman
20-07-2015, 08:53
This last nights race with the 98T war a revelation for me.
I really felt, like driving backwards on the Highway. :(

There are two possibilities, either I am so slow, or I messed up my setup.
I was being overtaken in the straight, in the corners, my best lap was 10 (ten) secs slower then that of the winner.

I have no idea why, usually I am not that slow.

Anyway, even fighting for next-to-last place it was actually quite fun to drive the car around, thanks to the organisers of the event :)

A big Congrats to the Winner, and podim placed drivers of the race, as I have no idea how you guys managed to be so fast, and grats to FlyingKman, who despite loosing 2-3 minutes in the pits, managed to overtake me in the end. - I told you you will :P :)

I will go with the NCC-s on wednesday, as I don't like Oschersleben, and I don't like the DTM Merc either.
No offense, just to explain why.

i rate its mainly gear ratio's that's the main thing that made me faster. well im no fast racer the guys in front was just crazy passing me like i was standing still on the track. haha that reveres pitting was so funny. i could not stop laughing at my ai doing a 21 point turn and then giving up then rev again and then trying again to turn around. i was running standard with just changes to my gearing, o yes and rear i had 0.6 camber thats it. but what a fun race, i rate it was really good. Kept me on my toes with the back swinging out.

good race though Nem

Tricky
20-07-2015, 11:30
That was by far the most frustrating race for me. To start off with, I caused the pile up off the line. It was completely my fault as I went straight into the back of Tricky as he was trying to mange the turbo off the line.

Sorry about that, my bad for not practising a start. I need to watch the video back to see what I did, but it was the revs dropping when I dropped the clutch rather than wheel spin I think. Probably let the rev's fall out of boost range.

Curiously despite taking quite a number of hits from several people I took no damage.

PerFixAlot
20-07-2015, 11:33
Like the Radical SR8-RX this car just didn't feel right to me.
Although it never felt great, after a hundred or so practice laps the Radical started to make sense to me, but I still don't comfortable with the 98T at all.
When I feel I go faster my lap times are worse, when I think I am slow they seem to be better.. it just doesn't feel right.

Maybe it is just the sounds, I don't hear anything from the tires, so it feels like I am never locking up or spinning no matter what.

I did a couple of Quick Races against 90% AI and I could hardly manage to keep their pace, and found it awfully difficult to overtake them anywhere on the track.
So, I prepared for some relatively slow racing, and I decided to go for a conservative setup and just try to finish the race as clean as possible and see how far that would take me.

I didn't quite manage to avoid some silly mistakes, basically I just wasn't paying enough attention, lost concentration, and mixed up the breaking points now and then. Overall the strategy turned out to work fairly well, though I think it was partly because others had problems with the game crashing or menus not working.

Here's my video of the race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPygmL31GYw

Elmo
20-07-2015, 14:49
How did the pit stops work guys? Everybody got what they asked for?

Yorkie065
20-07-2015, 15:29

Uhmm, not exactly no...

..In the closing stages, I made a mistake and hit the wall loosing a tyre. I had to drive the 2nd and 3rd sector with only 3 wheels and managed to get it to the stop and decided to put on a new set of tyres. I then hit a bug, a bad one....The left hand side of the car got fitted with wet tyres, but the right hand side with slicks.

Pamellaaa
20-07-2015, 15:50

I had an issue in the NCC race where I pitted once, left everything at default and hit close (I just wanted my damage fixed), the result seemed to be wet tyres on the car, I didn't change this but it could just be default behaviour. The trouble I was having was with the left hand side of the car so its possible I had the same issue as Yorkie but as we were on Hockenheim Short its hard to tell if I had different tyres right to left or it was just because of the track.

When I pitted again and paid more attention to the strategy I made sure that it was asking for a fresh set of a soft (still not named correctly) tyres and no fuel, this worked exactly as I intended. Hard to tell without further testing if this is a bug or just a weird default pit strategy, we were driving in heavy fog at the time so I can almost make an argument for the game predicting rain and putting me on wets as I didn't tell it anything specific either way.

Neil Bateman
20-07-2015, 16:25
Although through more luck than driving skill i ended up 7th or 8th, cant quite remember but really bad night for me.

Heard about increasing wastegate for qualy so thought i would try it but forgot to change gear ratio, sorted that but no way could i control the car with the extra speed, had to change it back to 4.7 but forgot about the gears, so was to slow on acceleration and top speed.

I even forgot to alter gears for the race and had too much fuel so it was a hard 40 lap slog, i think not pitting and only 1 or 2 minor offs but no spins helped move me up the order, if only i had left everything as it was during practice i would have had a better race than i ended up with.

Will Fly
20-07-2015, 16:47
pits that is a sore subject
was running 5th pitted on lap 19 opened pit strat and BOOM see my pit man waving his board could here and see other cars coming into the pits but could not move from that screen tried all sorts seeing as i was there for the other half of the race
raced finished and went back to the lobby as normal

did i say i was running in 5th:)

cluck
20-07-2015, 16:56
was running 5th pitted on lap 19 opened pit strat and BOOM see my pit man waving his board could here and see other cars coming into the pits but could not move from that screen tried all sorts seeing as i was there for the other half of the race

did i say i was running in 5th:)Will, I heard something on TeamSpeak about you being in 5th place at the time you went into the pits. Could you confirm that was indeed the case?

;)

I wasn't far behind you and was clawing in the time but I got over-zealous with the right-foot and span into a wall. As is typical with my luck, I lost a wheel and it took me about 3 minutes to limp back to the pits :o. That stupid moment of lead-footedness effectively ended my race, but I carried on to the end anyway, trying to claw back as many places as possible.

Will Fly
20-07-2015, 16:56
[QUOTE=ZiggyUK;1054732]Thank you for pointing this out Yorkie. Guys this is so NOT allowed in our races. I have been over this time and time again with you - you must respect track limits otherwise I might as well shut down the TGC.

thats a bit strong Ziggy.
Had a bad day.:(

Will Fly
20-07-2015, 17:12
wu
pet
fem
vijf
viisi
cinq
fünf
öt
cinque
go
piec
cinco
pump

Blackvault
20-07-2015, 17:13
wu
pet
fem
vijf
viisi
cinq
fünf
öt
cinque
go
piec
cinco
pump

You alright there mate?

cluck
20-07-2015, 17:19
You alright there mate?http://www.jeffbots.com/shortcircuit6.jpg

;)

(Pete, Will's post was the number 5 in various languages :) )

falcon2081
20-07-2015, 19:00
I was going to post my video but Shadowplay is giving me issues right now.:mad: So we will go to the good old photo format of the race. Enjoy the pics!

Start of the Race!

Oh No! Looks like 4th place fell asleep at the light. I had to swerve and went into the wall. This gave me suspension damage and I had to pit in :(

Further back the same happened to Yorkie. Looks like a bad crash.

Everyone going through just fine.

Another crash at the esses before the chicane. We were still in the first lap!

Looks like someone lost a wheel and was trying to limp back into the pits. Is this you Cluck?

Gainway, Leaders coming through. T0day and the leaders in the background lapping people.

Team Duo! Yorkie/Myself going through the field together. We went from literally last (we had to pit first lap) to make it back to 6th and 8th I believe at the end of the race.
This was the highlight of the race for me as Yorkie kept asking how many seconds to the next person up ahead every time we passed someone.

Elmo
20-07-2015, 19:11
Uhmm, not exactly no...

Ok, read over that. Are you sure you haven't set different tires in the strategy?

@Will:

I'm not sure if I understand what happened to you. Will question you when we meet on TS next time.

Stevie_F
20-07-2015, 19:20
Cool team photos Falcon. They look awesome together

Puffpirat
20-07-2015, 19:44
I had some time to practice for Wednesday. Pretty tough combo, car has lots of understeer but on the other hand quite low traction in the rain. This will be interesting. I made tests in rain conditions with a full on rain setup.

Fuel usage was 2,7 l/lap starting with 100 liters of fuel and tire wear on the fronts is massive at about 4 %/lap. I guess this can be dialed down a bit with more setup work but it's good we have 2 mandatory pitstops ;) I'm always more on the high side regarding fuel usage and tire wear though. DRS can be used anytime anywhere throughout the race, this will take some focus to keep it up 51 laps.

Timmynator
20-07-2015, 19:57

That sounds suspiciously like what happened to me during the Audi / SLS race we ran at Brno last week. Went into the pits, got my pit screen (adjustments made & done before arriving at pits) but wouldn't close which parked me in my pit box for the remainder of the race. Nothing helped, no mouse clicks, none of the wheel buttons, pedals or any(!) of the keyboard keys. Ended up waiting out the race because I was hosting, a long time after the race was done and everyone had finished my game decided to present me with a results screen - still no reaction from anything. A little while later I got one of the usual crash messages, attached in my earlier post pertaining to the race...

falcon2081
20-07-2015, 21:18
Cool team photos Falcon. They look awesome together

Yeah I thought so too. Yorkie and myself almost always pick the same livery lol.

ZiggyUK
20-07-2015, 21:30
thats a bit strong Ziggy.
Had a bad day.:(

LOL ... I have a bad day everyday Will !

Not so much strong I just get fed up repeating the same thing that everybody is well aware of. And all the points I made are perfectly true especially about 1 doing it and then another and it ending up an unfair race for those that abide by the rulings.

TGC ethos is about respect - your friends, your fellow drivers, the vehicles, the tracks and the rules & regs. Yes everything has it's up's and down's but this "Not respecting the track limits" problem just keeps resurfacing like a bad zit. Then it is left up to me to moan and shout at everyone and then everyone hates Ziggy cause he is a moaning old git. You guys really need to start shouting at each other on the track if the problem is a consistent one. If we can stop the 1 person from doing it then none will follow their illegal race craft and then the races become totally fair.

http://emilysquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/EmilysQuotes.Com-true-integrity-leader-leadership-intelligent-Zig-Ziglar.jpg

Yorkie065
20-07-2015, 21:47
Ok, read over that. Are you sure you haven't set different tires in the strategy?

I've re-watched the footage and what I thought was a bug, wasn't a bug. It was a mistake by me. I've got a pretty amusing video of it to show exactly what happened as I didn't even realize at the time.

And Falcon, epic pics! I finished 11 btw after trying to recover to the pits from a missing wheel and getting the wrong tyres. I was catching cluck, then I made a huge error and made contact with someone I was lapping. I slowed down for them so I ended up loosing a huge chunk of time.

miagi
20-07-2015, 21:52
From Quali to Race I forgot to reopen my radiator duct, I was as angry on myself as on the game for that. The whole setup thing about pCARS is really not as good as it could be, esp. in the session it is not even possible to load any setups what is a faux pas for serious racing leagues (Imagine you join a lobby, go thru the loading screen only to see that for whatever reason setup wasn't loaded or you just don't have a setup for that track, so you need to exit and go back again into the same lobby to correct that :/). Why can't we have a race, quali setup and a slot for wet setup per car...

However, because of that I had to run the whole race with 20% (qualifying) radiator duct. So all I did was driving like a grandma, managing my engine temp. What was 113 at the beginning and 111 at the end of the race. I had way too much drag too so I ended up being super slow on the straights. In the end I still managed, somehow, to finish 6th :P

PS: Imo in the race, I thought ppl did really well in the first lap and the first corners. I saw a lot of respect for other cars in the beginning of the race what was nice!

Pamellaaa
20-07-2015, 21:56
I've re-watched the footage and what I thought was a bug, wasn't a bug. It was a mistake by me. I've got a pretty amusing video of it to show exactly what happened as I didn't even realize at the time.

Entirely possible I did the same thing, I said earlier that I just hit close but thinking about it I am fairly sure that I opened the menu to check it wasn't going to fill the tank, could easily have hit something else in the mad panic to get it closed before the car stopped (which is hopefully not required anymore)

Will Fly
20-07-2015, 22:08
How do you get someone else's conversation in a box?

wodm
20-07-2015, 22:21
You man like that^^^^^
Use the "reply with quote" button under the comment you want to quote

ZiggyUK
20-07-2015, 22:45
So in wodm reply above then your text in the box looks like this within the html code window

You must have the [/QUOTE] at the end though - it basically means unquote

t0daY
20-07-2015, 23:08
Another thing happened at sunday... I can just remember :D

AlexOki joined at the warmup session (he had no qualy lap, so usually he should start at the back of the field), but instead he went for P4. I think he and everybody else were confused because no1 was at his right position... First time I have ever seen such a problem but its worth to mention it^^

Martin G Webb
21-07-2015, 06:50
You man like that^^^^^
Use the "reply with quote" button under the comment you want to quote

Peace and Love Mick, Peace and Love :D

MelBonkers
21-07-2015, 08:21
So I'm back from my holiday guys! I will attend tomorrow's race, although I hate Oscherschleben and I still need to tweak my PST-pedals ;-). I will join the field from the back and hopefully keep up a little bit with you guys :D.

See you tomorrow!

cluck
21-07-2015, 09:52
Welcome back Mo :cool:.

(I'm also not a fan of the circuit and I particularly dislike racing in the rain - the race at Brno was one of the most excruciatingly annoying races I've had - but I'll be there. I might even do some practice tonight.)

x ImJakeyy
21-07-2015, 11:37
Welcome back Mo, hope your trip was good!

Should have a fun race on our hand tomorrow!

t0daY
21-07-2015, 12:32
Welcome back Mo :cool:.

(I'm also not a fan of the circuit and I particularly dislike racing in the rain - the race at Brno was one of the most excruciatingly annoying races I've had - but I'll be there. I might even do some practice tonight.)

The DTM cars are in the rain only 5-7 seconds slower than on dry conditions, they are rlly good to handle in the rain :) And, as in the poster standing, the condition going to be better that means light rain and/or/or not dry conditions for the end of the race ;) :p

gift
21-07-2015, 14:58
looking forward to the race tomorrow!
and this time i be more careful at the start to not crash into a standing car again xD

Iceman07
21-07-2015, 17:18
Yay look what was waiting at home when I came home from work :excitement:

Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

I'm thinking of buying better pedals (T3PA Pro or T500RS pedals) and a shifter too. And I have to make some adjustments to my seat (mount it a bit more away from the wheel which is bigger than the old one).

After the first minutes I have too say, its totally different than my Driving Force GT. Its so much better and much smoother and stronger and ..... ;)
I'll try to get used to the new wheel till tomorrow, otherwise I will follow Moh at the back of the field.

I'm home from studing right now till the end of september, so I'm planning to join the next races!

Stevie_F
21-07-2015, 17:31
Yay look what was waiting at home when I came home from work :excitement:

Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

I'm thinking of buying better pedals (T3PA Pro or T500RS pedals) and a shifter too. And I have to make some adjustments to my seat (mount it a bit more away from the wheel which is bigger than the old one).

After the first minutes I have too say, its totally different than my Driving Force GT. Its so much better and much smoother and stronger and ..... ;)
I'll try to get used to the new wheel till tomorrow, otherwise I will follow Moh at the back of the field.

I'm home from studing right now till the end of september, so I'm planning to join the next races!

I have the same wheel also. FYI the switch which is labeled off,1,2 can also be clicked in at the centre position which gives you another button! Reason for me telling you this? I didn't realise it could do this till 3 months down the line haha. It's a nice wheel though

Neil Bateman
21-07-2015, 17:51
What Apps do any of you use to show things like engine temps and the like, i am thinking of using one but not sure which one best suits PCars.

wodm
21-07-2015, 17:58
I use pcars dash on my tablet and phone

Neil Bateman
21-07-2015, 20:18
I use pcars dash on my tablet and phone

Sadly i only have an older samsung galaxy and its not compatible with any of them i dont think.

Pamellaaa
21-07-2015, 20:41
Sadly i only have an older samsung galaxy and its not compatible with any of them i dont think.

Do you have an old monitor or small TV that you could put within eyesight of your setup? If so use ProjectCARS Profiler, its excellent, very customisable and very useful. I have it on a second monitor to give me all sorts of info at a glance.

wodm
21-07-2015, 21:09
I bought a refurbished acer tab for 40 quid off Argos eBay store. Well worth it.
The reason was that I have kids so I seem to have lost my iPad to them lol

Neil Bateman
21-07-2015, 22:04
Thanks guys, i dont have a spare tv/monitor but will look into getting a cheap tablet to use.

Timmynator
21-07-2015, 22:29

Not even with rooting and a custom rom? As soon as I get my hands on one of our old galaxy s2 I'll give it a shot...won't really give me a lot of screen, but for a glance at engine / aero damage and maybe a few other numbers it should do. If everything fails I can still fall back to my Surface and connect to Profiler remotely...

Photonenbert
21-07-2015, 22:54
Im using "HUD Dash app" on Android :)

Stevie_F
21-07-2015, 23:05
Anyone got a rough idea of lap times in wet and dry?

ZiggyUK
22-07-2015, 00:01
What Apps do any of you use to show things like engine temps and the like, i am thinking of using one but not sure which one best suits PCars.

TGC supports VDash and vice versa .. still my preferred Dash.

I have 5 tablets set up like this

Main behind wheel VDash (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31139-VDash-(A307-S101)-(Android-second-screen-app)&p=988209&viewfull=1#post988209) or main www site (http://www.vdash.pro/)
212829 212830 212831 212832 etc., etc

RHS DashMeterPro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensadigit.dashmeterforacpc) showing lap/tyre/gear etc info (reliable)

RHS pCARS Dash (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1021804&viewfull=1#post1021804)showing more fuel/damage etc

LHS pCARS Dash (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1021804&viewfull=1#post1021804)linked to 4th Monitor via HDMi to show Track Map and car positions

LHS Android TeamSpeak Client (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamspeak.ts3client) to keep an eye on you lot

I have tried the others like HUD Dash etc but I still continue to recommend VDash (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flynn.vdash_google). Keith who does most of the real life dash's is also TGC member.

[ VDash also has growing support for other titles as well at no additional cost ]

Timmynator
22-07-2015, 00:05
You're absolutely positively mental...

Now that's what I'd call "Race Control".

ZiggyUK
22-07-2015, 00:21
Don't tell anybody but sometimes I also use my android phone, but that is just to access all the cameras from within your homes when you log into pcars.

falcon2081
22-07-2015, 01:33
Anyone got a rough idea of lap times in wet and dry?

1:30's-1:32's in the wet. 1:23-1:25's in the dry.

Yeratel84
22-07-2015, 09:30
Don't tell anybody but sometimes I also use my android phone, but that is just to access all the cameras from within your homes when you log into pcars.

Feel safer already... :p

Timmynator
22-07-2015, 09:52
1:30's-1:32's in the wet. 1:23-1:25's in the dry.

You're kidding... pushing hard to the brink of sideways the best I could do was 1:35 / 1:28.

Quick tire question: the Yiro <whatever> Plus are the hard compound, right? With the "regular" Yiro being soft? At least that's the way they felt...

Riiiight, I bet you have your own drone army... sometimes I wonder if you're a bald guy stroking a cat in some oversized chair somewhere while observing your tank of sharks with frikkin laser beams!

TonyR
22-07-2015, 10:04

Hello Gentlemen,

This wednesday we are going to Oschersleben, Germany with the Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM

Date: 22nd July 2015
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Warm Up: 5 minutes
Race: 51 laps with 2 mandontary pit stops (Standing Start)

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00, starting in the rain and the conditions are going to be better :)
Weather progression: 2x
Time progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real, that means NO ABS, NO TC, NO SC

We are doing a standing start with no formation lap. When the lights turn green, the race will begin.

The returning to Oschersleben, who will win the rainy german race?

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

2 of 4 exams done, I guess I will take the time to participate in our Wednesday Race then :D

So I guess conditions will look like that tonight?

http://i.imgur.com/0yJUaef.png

Also there is no 51 laps setting, I guess we are doing 50 then? Because 60 would be too long.

PerFixAlot
22-07-2015, 10:10
You're kidding... pushing hard to the brink of sideways the best I could do was 1:35 / 1:28.

Quick tire question: the Yiro <whatever> Plus are the hard compound, right? With the "regular" Yiro being soft? At least that's the way they felt...

Riiiight, I bet you have your own drone army... sometimes I wonder if you're a bald guy stroking a cat in some oversized chair somewhere while observing your tank of sharks with frikkin laser beams!

I don't know about the Yiro Plus, but the best I could do in the wet so far was 1:33, and mostly I've been around 1:36, as the tire wear on the fronts has an impact after just a few laps.
I have only done quick races in rain, with 23 AI starting from the back, perhaps I would be a little faster without traffic.

I don't know how to properly use the DRS either, so I just ignore that for now, it doesn't seem to help much, but I can imagine those who knows how to optimize its use gain a second or two.

TonyR
22-07-2015, 10:23
I just drove some laps in the rain. I get Aero damage from nothing, after two laps I already got 3% not sure what that means xD
And the rain tires are getting too hot hopelessly with default tire pressures, so you might want to increase them people.

Elmo
22-07-2015, 10:51
I just drove some laps in the rain. I get Aero damage from nothing, after two laps I already got 3% not sure what that means xD

Be less aggressive over the curbs to not damage your splitter?

Yorkie065
22-07-2015, 11:28
2 of 4 exams done, I guess I will take the time to participate in our Wednesday Race then :D

http://i.imgur.com/0yJUaef.png

Also there is no 51 laps setting, I guess we are doing 50 then? Because 60 would be too long.

Not necessarily those settings. All we know is that it's going to start wet, and then potentially get better. As to what degree for both of those, only the race organisers know, and they won't tell anyone else so we have to guess and gamble. It could even start off in stormy conditions and then only improve to light rain, could end up overcast, could end up in full clear. We don't know.

t0daY
22-07-2015, 11:34

You are right, 51 is not possible, we did not think about that... About the weather... We are starting in the rain and the conditions going to be better... that could mean light rain, that could mean clouds or even clear :)

*edit* the poster and the post got now the correct amount of laps :)

Yorkie065
22-07-2015, 11:55
You are right, 51 is not possible, we did not think about that... About the weather... We are starting in the rain and the conditions going to be better... that could mean light rain, that could mean clouds or even clear :)

*edit* the poster and the post got now the correct amount of laps :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1054660&viewfull=1#post1054660
^ Link to the updated post and poster so people don't have to go digging back through the pages of the thread to find it.

TonyR
22-07-2015, 12:05
Not necessarily those settings. All we know is that it's going to start wet, and then potentially get better. As to what degree for both of those, only the race organisers know, and they won't tell anyone else so we have to guess and gamble. It could even start off in stormy conditions and then only improve to light rain, could end up overcast, could end up in full clear. We don't know.

What I don't like about this is that the host has an information advantage :ambivalence:
No offense t0daY ;)
Also in real life you always have some information, for example if rain comes it will be light/normal/heavy.

Therefore Random or Real weather is better imho except the host doesn't compete.

However, I stop nagging around now and I'm now looking forward to the race, see you guys on track.

Photonenbert
22-07-2015, 12:15
What I don't like about this is that the host has an information advantage :ambivalence:
No offense t0daY ;)
Also in real life you always have some information, for example if rain comes it will be light/normal/heavy.

Therefore Random or Real weather is better imho except the host doesn't compete.

However, I stop nagging around now and I'm now looking forward to the race, see you guys on track.

Keep in mind that we also lose time since we need to test the combos and do the posers and stuff and have less time for doing setups.

for example I havnt done anything for tonight yet and it will probably be a last minute setup ;)

t0daY
22-07-2015, 12:15
No offense t0daY ;)

I get your point TonyR, but normally random = 80% rain... We dont want to use random slots to be honest.

Fair enough, the organizer got an advantage... but to be honest, I had no time yet to drive 1 single round in the dtm car at rain... Might be go for default setup with no adjustments at all...

About real weather, its not working atm because the provider of the weathersite is not available?! Dont know it exactly but its not available atm :)

We have talked with a lot of gents about that, couple people want only the direction like we did in the DTM post, others want only the start condition nothing more and you and couple other people want the full information... We cant do it right for everybody :p sorry for that :p But on sunday, you will get exact weather informations because we are going to do something special :)

t0daY
22-07-2015, 12:16
Keep in mind that we also lose time since we need to test the combos and do the posers and stuff and have less time for doing setups.

for example I havnt done anything for tonight yet and it will probably be a last minute setup ;)

Ninja'd by photonenbert :D :D

TonyR
22-07-2015, 12:23
Yes yes, I know about all of that ;) When I prepared the Zolder race some weeks ago it was the same for me. In my opinion it's just fair to let people know which settings will be used, of course you can argue in real life teams have different information and access to information too. So let's just stop the discussion, I didn't want to argue about it anyway, just saying.

About the setup thing: I'm just uploading a video to Youtube with some Setup advice, should be online in an hour or so (maybe that will help one or another). My preparation was 45 min I guess that's it for me too. Now I'm going to enjoy the outside real life weather a bit since I'm a bit stressed out too. So, see ya later.

Neil Bateman
22-07-2015, 12:56
I was doing 1:24.3 in the dry and 1:31.6 in the wet, tyres auto by weather and using drs everywhere possible.

Yorkie065
22-07-2015, 15:33
So remember that wet and dry incident that I had in the last race that I thought was a bug. This is what really happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYIR3DvZUQ&lc=z12nuhujoxmmcn1km22yilyossuaili1g

cluck
22-07-2015, 16:24
You numpty :D

ZiggyUK
22-07-2015, 16:41
I bet you feel like a Silly Billy now don't you :D

edit: Actually it would be better to a have switch option so that you select all WET tyres or not rather than be able to have a combination of Wet and Dry tyres on at the same time.

MelBonkers
22-07-2015, 17:02

Tim,

Don't worry mate. I'm in the 1m35s as well (4 laps in wet) and will try to see how fast I'm in the dry.

Yorkie065
22-07-2015, 17:54
I bet you feel like a Silly Billy now don't you :D

edit: Actually it would be better to a have switch option so that you select all WET tyres or not rather than be able to have a combination of Wet and Dry tyres on at the same time.

A bit....but I did laugh when I watched it back :P

And yeh. Having 2 wet and 2 dry doesn't make sense to me.

MikeyTT
22-07-2015, 18:20
Well after being told by our Ellen, that she's out tonight I thought I would way up what to do tonight.

I could have a night developing, watch one of "my" horror films, or join you guys. Didn't take long to decide, so I'm going to watch... Nah, I'll be along to race with you all.

Just done a few laps in the wet. Holy !!!!!!! That takes some serious concentration, not to be looking back where you came from. High 1:34 after about 8 very precarious laps. Will be a long night ;)

TonyR
22-07-2015, 18:28
If there is anyone who is not able to participate, I'll be streaming on twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/tonyr600

MelBonkers
22-07-2015, 18:42
If there is anyone who is not able to participate, I'll be streaming on twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/tonyr600

Tony I might watch the race tonight ;-). One of the bushings (the soft one) of my PST brake pedal got torn and needs to be replaced. I have some replacements bushings from PST but can't bother fiddling around with that tonight. So I will skip this race (Oscherschleben somehow isn't meant 4 me :D) and I hope I'll be there this Sunday if I can find some time to replace the bushing. Have fun all!

cluck
22-07-2015, 19:40
Seriously guys, don't just jump back onto the track. 4 times in one lap after the race was restarted and loads of times during the first attempt. It's not funny, especially with reduced visibility to suddenly find a car popping itself back directly into the racing line.

I'm not racing for 40 laps like that.

/rant

Puffpirat
22-07-2015, 19:45
Ah well my wifi crashed 30s into the second race. I hope my car didn't hit anyone. Have fun guys. At least I'm not dehydrating now ;)

DrKabel
22-07-2015, 20:31
Ah well my wifi crashed 30s into the second race. I hope my car didn't hit anyone. Have fun guys. At least I'm not dehydrating now ;)

That's a shame Puffpirat, you were insanely fast.. as always. :)

My game crashed as well, I didn't really practice too much, but I liked the car and track, especially in the rain. I guess the 2nd race attempt went better than the first one, but still that first corner is deadly in these conditions.

Really looking forward to driving again on sunday, Hopefully with less problems and in the best case with no tropical temperatures in my room :D

Elmo
22-07-2015, 20:45
In general, when you experience a game crash:

Please explain what happened before that and post a zip of your debug folder (can be found in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession)

We want to catch them all :)

DrKabel
22-07-2015, 20:57
In general, when you experience a game crash:

Please explain what happened before that and post a zip of your debug folder (can be found in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession)

We want to catch them all :)

Well in this case it most definitely was my fault. My GPU is overclocked and generally pCars doesn't like that and crashes after a while. I forgot to change it back to normal settings with Afterburner before the race. With the normal GPU values I don't have any problems.

If you want, I can post the dbg in the WMD forum, but I think the problem is on my end. :o

Papa H
22-07-2015, 21:00
not happy with race. too many people trying to push you off the track to gain an advantage. i think some drivers need to remember this is the Gentlemen's club,
Neil spun up his tyres while i was in 5th, giving me major front end damage, then i got slammed into from behind. i understand the enthusiasm and the thrill to win

i dont know what else to say................disappointed

falcon2081
22-07-2015, 21:00
Race Results as follows:

Timmynator
22-07-2015, 21:08
That was some intense racing. Apparently the DS had a little hickup so we restarted the race and got going. The rain kept you on your toes, rain tires definitely helped. Too bad my race got borked when I went to pit and got the "pit box occupied" despite no car at all being in the pits...very annoying. Second time around I was finally allowed into my pit box just to be given rain tires again (despite explicitly selecting soft slicks) and spent the remainder of the race on overheating wet tires...hmph.

I find that Oschersleben is a track that has to grow on you. At first I thought somewhere along the lines of "bah, what a stupid technical track, this should be a test track, it doesn't even have character" but the more time you spend on it and the more you learn the lines the more involving it gets.

falcon2081
22-07-2015, 21:11
Seems today was a little of a cluster. First start there was massive lag in the back. Everyone decided they wanted a restart after we were in 8-10 laps. That's fine and all but next time let's please keep either the current qualifying standings or the current standings when we stopped the race. Race restarted we didn't use any of this and made qualifying pointless because the people who worked to put in a good lap and be at the front got screwed. If this happens again we should just do a formation restart with the current standings. Next thing is that all our pit strategies went out the window since the race was now 10 laps less. We just did not have enough time to properly form new strategies. Some people were able to make changes while others could not. Aside from those two minor annoyances I enjoyed the race very much. I pretty much lead the entire race until I made my pit stops and screwed up the fuel figures. So I was in the pits way too much longer than I needed to be.

Congrats to TonyR though, well played buddy. Team Duo finished 2nd and 4th which was awesome! Pictures to follow.:D

TonyR
22-07-2015, 21:34
Hi guys, what a nice strategic race, thanks for the settings.

I started out 14th, was 8th after the first lap but spon at some point which threw me back to 12th.
I then overtook some people which got me to 6th again.
I decided to go into the pits early to get new wet tires as mine were worn out and it didn't seem to stop raining soon. (I remember Papa H was also in the pits at the time, we must have been one of the first to pit)
I then drove really slow and safe to save my tires not wanting to get new wets again on my 2nd stop. Suddenly I was in 1st position, I didn't even notice.
That was around lap 28. I then tried to stay on wets a little longer until I thought I would be faster on slicks (went into the pits 6 laps before the finish which was too late but it saved me P1 nontheless)
Doing the last laps on Slicks just rolling around to the finish line with around 18 laps of fuel left (I didn't need any fuel during the race it seems, starting out with 120 Liter and refuelling 6 Liter during my first pitstop) :D

Sorry for being a hazard in the first attempt, I had a massive slowdown, only 15 fps in the second to last corner (before a steady 70 fps) and that caused my car to only drive 10 kph (don't know why the game is doing that, never had this problem before and I didn't have it afterwards)

After the actual race I was confronted that I mute Teamspeak during the race, here are my points to that:
- chatter, it's just too much talking going on lately, I simply can't concentrate with that
- it's not realistic, we also haven't done this before in any championship in TGC (there have also been quiet rooms where only important information from the race director came through with a special button but no talking from other drivers)

The accusation also contained I don't yell my position into the microphone when I'm side-by-side with someone
- why should I? I know all that "we are virtual, we don't have the sight of real world" but please have a look at the virtual track map for that. It shows pretty much everything you need to know. In corners you will see if there is a dot besides you
- I don't know who is around me (which driver) so if someone says he is besides someone it could also be one of the other 20 drivers
- I always take care of the drivers around me, that of course includes thoughty about possible side-by-side moments. In corners where it's simply not possible to go side-by-side I won't expect someone doing that (except for lapping). I never had problems with this practice, I remember awesome side-by-side fights with JetPistol were we fought for laps without any contact but very close racing.
- We don't have a TGC rule that tells you to yell out your position during a fight, at least I haven't read anything like that. Teamspeak is a must though for important race director talk, for nothing else.

So what to do about it on my side? I will happily leave TS activated if we reintroduce the good old quiet rooms and the race director gives out the important information per shout-function (or what it was called, can't remember)
I won't be telling anybody my position during fights. That destroys the whole sense of racing for me.

Sorry for not activating my headlights, that seemed to be a rule I had no information about (I muted Teamspeak at the race start, before that I didn't get anything like that)

For the contact you described TodaY, I saved the replay and will watch the first laps. I can't remember a dangerous situation where I pushed someone off track, however I was pushed offtrack once or twice as well. But when I see the faulty collisions in pCars MP I don't complain about that anymore. Cars sticking together all day long is general practice, not sure if this "bug" will go away anytime soon.

Sorry for the wall-of-text, I hope I don't sound rude or anything. I'm always open for criticism and will try to answer it in a normal and calm way.

ZiggyUK
22-07-2015, 21:53
Partly my thought, as I have not taught the new members about using the "Whisper" option.

Leagues will have quite rooms and team rooms that only hear "whisper messages"

Let's leave this one at that.

Timmynator
22-07-2015, 22:07
Maybe we need to do more wet races so people get used to lower visibility and the all-out chaos that wet races bring with them. Come to think of it, we should also practice standing starts on tracks with evil first corners. First race was bumper carts, I got hit 3 times before even entering the turn and despite staying way off to the side and behind. Second race was better, but people came to a standstill right before the apex. A frikking STANDSTILL. And then I got punted from behind which made me really dead last with +30 seconds on the guy in front of me...

t0daY
22-07-2015, 22:14

IMPORTANT: Please set your TimeTrial time before 10:00 UTC on sunday. If we are only enough people for 1 lobby, there are limits of seats in every class. The "slower" LMP1 drivers will be changed to LMP2. We are heading to 10 LMP1 seats, 10 LMP2 seats and 12 GTE seats. So be sure to make the best out of your TimeTrial time :)

Hello Gentlemen,

This Sunday is a special one. We’re going to Spa, Belgium with the LMP1/LMP2/GT3 classes.

Please sign in with the entry form below as we’ll have a specific number of cars for each class.

There will be a specific number of cars for each class (so we don’t get 29 LMP1’s and 3 GT3’s). We’re putting a few rules in place to make sure that the drivers of the faster cars are all fully capable of handling their machines. With this in mind, we have a couple of requirements for drivers that wish to compete in the prototype classes:

You need to set a time in TIME TRIAL so we can look up your pace to see if you are eligible to drive in either of the prototype classes. The cutoff times are as follows

LMP1: 2:05.000
LMP2: 2:15.000
GTE: No cutoff, we’re not that mean ;)

This system has been put in place to ensure that the lapping drivers (ie the prototype drivers) are capable of the proficiency required to lap the slower GT3 cars without any risk of damage. Hopefully you guys understand that we want the ‘best’ drivers in the most dangerous positions :P

>> Entry Form for 2.4h race @ Spa, Sunday July 26th, 18:00 UTC << (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTNCX7v3gVcgHsAoiBI3DkNWMorEm6fCLdQPTapdkXs/edit#gid=0)

Date: 26th July 2015
Time: 18:00 UTC

Qualifying: 10 minutes
Race: 1+69 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 15:00, starting with clear conditions, no rain expected.
Weather progression: 10x
Time progression: 10x

Driving Aids for the LMPs: Real,that means NO ABS, Adjustable TC, NO SC
Driving Aids for the GT3s: Real (depending on the car)

The pole driver for each class, will lead their respective field through the formation lap. We will be leaving a gap of around 10 seconds between each class. Each class will form up after turn 20 (the bus stop chicane) ready for the race to begin at the start finish line.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to map a button for the lights as we will be driving through the night. It is recommended that you flash your lights when approaching lapped traffic to let the driver in front know that you intend to pass, if possibly you should also announce your intentions on teamspeak to avoid any confusion.

Make sure to plan your pit strategy concerning tire wear and fuel consumption very well as this is an endurance race. There won’t be mandatory pit stops, you will need to pit a few times anyways.

Don’t pee in your seat...
Stay hydrated (two bottles, don’t mix 'em up)...
Drive safe. You won’t win during the first turn, first lap or first 1 on 1. You will win if you are patient and consistent…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVONdAuWT0k
First online qualy lap from Blackvault aka Pete. Just watch it and enjoy it

The Gentlemen's Club presents, the 2.4 Hours of Spa. Who will be victorious?

Greetings,

FlyingKman & Hobbs & Pam & Photonenbert & t0daY

P.S.: Remember, the race will start 1 hour earlier, 18:00 UTC!

Papa H
22-07-2015, 22:16
Partly my thought, as I have not taught the new members about using the "Whisper" option.

Leagues will have quite rooms and team rooms that only hear "whisper messages"

Let's leave this one at that.

theres far to much talk in races, when concentration is needed

Neil Bateman
22-07-2015, 22:17
Sorry Papa H for the damage, cant recall where and when it was but hate you got messed up.

I started way down the field, i got through T1 and at some point was 3rd or 4th when i had a misunderstanding i think was alex or twiggy and spun off, came back on in about 12th and decided to pit early and fill the tank to the finish as it seemed easier to drive in the wet when heavier.

That put me in 16th and drove like a man possessed right upto about lap 31 when i made my second stop, tried to push hard again in the dry but either i had wets fitted or the pressures were wrong because after 2 laps 3 out of 4 tyres were red and i was sliding all over the place.

Still in the first race attempt i qualified 5th so starting almost last in the second random grid start, which seems to be every race for some reason, i am more than happy with 5th.

Puffpirat
22-07-2015, 22:26
Awesome! I still have unfinished business with Spa.. Remember Miagi ;)

t0daY
22-07-2015, 22:27
theres far to much talk in races, when concentration is needed

Remember they are just normal races, no league races... I agree with you that there is sometimes too much talk, but its just "racing".

About the teamspeak discussion... if you have the ability to tell everyone that hes gonna be lapped or gonna be overtaken, why we shouldnt use it? Its easier to say "kman leader behind you" than giving flash lights and he may even dont react... Just my opinion.

Neil Bateman
22-07-2015, 22:36
On a side note i agree with tony, i think there is way too much chat, laughing and joking during a race, it is also very loud at times and off putting when someone just suddenly yells out something, we should only need to hear race chat like exiting pits or on your left, things of that nature.

The last league i ran in on rfactor was very strict on ts chat during races, practice and post race was the time to have verbal diarrhoea.:D

falcon2081
22-07-2015, 22:42
Race Pictures! Enjoy everyone. I gotta try and decide what I want to do about SPA. I'll be on vacation at my parents home (2 weeks) but their internet isn't that great and I will be on a controller. I'll have to test and see what I will do.

Second Start! This was light rain?...

Everyone trying to shuffle into the first corner. I was lucky and made it into 4th from 6th.

Ugh? Who went flying in the 3rd corner there lol.

Making a pass for P2.

Holding P2 down the straight. Had to go chase Eskimo.

Caught up to and passed Eskimo after him holding the lead for a couple of laps.

Team Duo (Yorkie,Myself) strikes again. Some neat pictures of us trying to chase down TonyR in the final stages of the race. We finished 2nd and 4th which is awesome.
Yorkie forgot to shut off the DRS in the last picture and we almost collided!

Twiggy145
22-07-2015, 23:11
i got through T1 and at some point was 3rd or 4th when i had a misunderstanding i think was alex or twiggy and spun off, came back on in about 12th and decided to pit early and fill the tank to the finish as it seemed easier to drive in the wet when heavier.

That was with me. I seem to remember out of T2 I said something like "What Happened are you still there" and you said something along the line of "I was" i took that to mean to had made a mistake and gone off and was no longer there. I couldn't see you in my mirror or using the side views so I assumed you weren't there any more. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Otherwise a very good race. Had a very good time with Yorkie chasing me for P2 around the time of the 1st pit stop. Yorkie pitted first for fuel, 1 lap later I pitted for tyres and came out in front but spun going into the "Esses" and lost that position.

Had a great three way fight with Alex and MikeyTT in the last couple of laps.

Great race guys.

Just a couple of things though. I'm just stating my opinion here.

These races although taken seriously are intended to be fun (We're not racing in a league) some of us are more lax than others regarding chat and I don't see a massive problem with that. However it should be said that at (and leading up to) the start of a race general chat should be kept to a minimum so that going into the first few corners we can keep each other informed. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Once again thanks for tonight. It was tough but fun and I'm rally happy with 7th Place and I'm really looking forward to Sunday

Puffpirat
22-07-2015, 23:16
Ugh? Who went flying in the 3rd corner there lol.
that was me when my wifi died :rolleyes::p

falcon2081
22-07-2015, 23:41
that was me when my wifi died :rolleyes::p

I gotta say it was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen lol. Shame about the internet disconnecting though.

t0daY
23-07-2015, 02:41
After the actual race I was confronted that I mute Teamspeak during the race, here are my points to that:
- chatter, it's just too much talking going on lately, I simply can't concentrate with that
- it's not realistic, we also haven't done this before in any championship in TGC (there have also been quiet rooms where only important information from the race director came through with a special button but no talking from other drivers)

The accusation also contained I don't yell my position into the microphone when I'm side-by-side with someone
- why should I? I know all that "we are virtual, we don't have the sight of real world" but please have a look at the virtual track map for that. It shows pretty much everything you need to know. In corners you will see if there is a dot besides you
- I don't know who is around me (which driver) so if someone says he is besides someone it could also be one of the other 20 drivers
- I always take care of the drivers around me, that of course includes thoughty about possible side-by-side moments. In corners where it's simply not possible to go side-by-side I won't expect someone doing that (except for lapping). I never had problems with this practice, I remember awesome side-by-side fights with JetPistol were we fought for laps without any contact but very close racing.
- We don't have a TGC rule that tells you to yell out your position during a fight, at least I haven't read anything like that. Teamspeak is a must though for important race director talk, for nothing else.

So what to do about it on my side? I will happily leave TS activated if we reintroduce the good old quiet rooms and the race director gives out the important information per shout-function (or what it was called, can't remember)
I won't be telling anybody my position during fights. That destroys the whole sense of racing for me.

Sorry for not activating my headlights, that seemed to be a rule I had no information about (I muted Teamspeak at the race start, before that I didn't get anything like that)

For the contact you described TodaY, I saved the replay and will watch the first laps. I can't remember a dangerous situation where I pushed someone off track, however I was pushed offtrack once or twice as well. But when I see the faulty collisions in pCars MP I don't complain about that anymore. Cars sticking together all day long is general practice, not sure if this "bug" will go away anytime soon.

About the contact. I saw your view and I saw mine... As you described, faulty collisions :D In my view, I couldnt turn right because ur front was kissing me rear :/ But it was a brave move to overtake in the last corner outside :) Anyway my rear tires went up to 120°C, I had no real fun out there... Congratz to your victory Tony :)

Final words about the "accusation". If it sounded by me or anyone else in any ways offensive, I apologize me for that. It was just a suggestion because the races we are doing at the moment are just "fun-races". Yes we are driving at our limits and want to have fun and of course the best result, but in this case the "Quiet Rooms" are not needed.

I agree with you that sometimes there is too much small talk in the teamspeak :p, especially (as twiggy already mentioned) at the start of a race. The general chat should be kept to a minimum until we are through the first few corners.
As we are all in a learning process, some informations via teamspeak are helping a lot. Some of us never drove a simulation before or never attended to a league. Giving us informations about lapped cars, where the leader is, if anyone is on your inside/outside help us new members to get a better feeling/preparation for the upcoming leagues. As I mentioned before, these are just "fun-races" with no league or deeper aspects.

Its up to you Tony, actually we only want to hear your sexy voice, I am honest :D :p

For the next race on sunday we try to keep the communication at the lowest, especially at the start. 3 different classes, all with a flying start. Will be interesting :) Another thing to mention. Kman, Photo and me are still missing a lots of car/track combo-wishes from you gents. Feel free to write us a forum message, a mail to ziggy or to one of us. We grabbed at the moment just 5 people's wishes, there is room for more :)

P.S.: @TonyR: The "organizer" ended up on 11th, 12th and 13th :D :D wish I had an advantage here, but all 3 of us screwed up the race and you took the victory :D :D Sneaky TonyR ;)

Gopher04
23-07-2015, 07:48
Alot of you guys are going on about to much chatter, and alot of you are new to TGC, when and if the league races are run there is automatically less chatter as it becomes abit more serious, when it's not league racing there has always been alot of banter on TS, that's part of our personality, don't try and take it away, driver's who don't want to inform other drivers that they are about is totally their choice, but it is in their interest as well as the other driver to do so, there are to many comparisons to real life racing being made, this isn't and never will be real...but I'm sure those drivers that don't want to use the speech will be the first to moan when there is a incident that involves them.

Gopher04
23-07-2015, 07:59
Tony I might watch the race tonight ;-). One of the bushings (the soft one) of my PST brake pedal got torn and needs to be replaced. I have some replacements bushings from PST but can't bother fiddling around with that tonight. So I will skip this race (Oscherschleben somehow isn't meant 4 me :D) and I hope I'll be there this Sunday if I can find some time to replace the bushing. Have fun all!

Not exactly a good start with these pedals Mo, are the bushings of a bad quality?

PerFixAlot
23-07-2015, 08:04
This was the first long wet race I have really enjoyed. Quite a challenge to keep a decent pace, but not so bad that you can't keep on the track most of the time.
I knew I wasn't the fastest out there, especially since I don't use DRS, so I put in a low amount of fuel to keep up in early laps until the field spread out, and then pit early to minimize pitting related traffic.

As I started in 3rd it turned out to be quite effective as I got off to a really good start and was in the lead for the first 10 laps or so.
I went to pit in lap 12, and rejoined the race in 17th position. As others started to make their first pit stop I steadily climbed my way back towards the front over the next 10 laps.
I reached 2nd in lap 20, far behind Falcon2081, and just 3-4 second ahead of TonyR.
At the start of lap 26 Falcon went to pit and I was back in first position, with TonyR just around a second behind me.
I misjudged the tire grip in lap 27 and went slightly off the track, and then Tony was 3 seconds ahead and Falcon was just 5 seconds behind me.
The next couple of laps I lost about a second to both Tony and Falcon, but had to go to pit at the end of lap 30 anyway.
I returned from the pit in 8th with slicks and not entirely sure it was dry enough yet.
I again slowly made my way back towards the front as the last pit stops were made and by lap 35 I was chasing Yorkie for 3rd place. I managed to overtake him as he went a bit off in lap 36.
I spent the rest of the race just making sure to stay safe while keeping Yorkie behind me.

I had a lot more fuel for the middle part of the race than in the start, which was good for me as the track was slowly getting dryer and tire wear seemed more manageable than early on. It was also enough to keep me going until I could put on slicks.
I didn't manage to set the right amount of fuel for the last part of the race, but I doubt it would have made any difference in the final results.

Here's my recording of the race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ui4UEZQ9gI

TonyR
23-07-2015, 08:55
First Race attempt until my major slowdown, I cut the stream at that point as it might have been a cause of the lag.
The start and first lap was fun though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBz1xatYjbQ

(I remember later in that race I crashed into someone who spon in turn 1. I wanted to get by him on the right but he decided to start moving into this direction)

Because I cut the stream no nice recording of the main race from me unfortunately.
Instead I recorded some of the replay until it gets too boring (and replays are already boring by itself):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6X07QF14Y&feature=youtu.be&t=109

I think the start was okay, these slowdowns or even full stops in turn 1 are normal at this track (since they spoiled it with this stupidly slow first corner), also in real life.

MikeyTT
23-07-2015, 10:08
Had a great three way fight with Alex and MikeyTT in the last couple of laps.

Great race guys.

Don't suppose you have a recording or replay of that? I had some proper pace right at the end, but just needed maybe another lap or two to find a way past - probably. That was until I tried the undercut and got a tank slapper on ;)

On the TS discussion, as an irregular, or is that non regular racer, it can be a little distracting. Luckily my headset I can quickly adjust the volume of the chat down a little, which is then ok for me. But what it does mean is that with the amount of chat then you lose any other important messages, or like me you wait for a gap in the chat (it's rude to talk over somebody) and then the moment has gone. But it's fun racing, so far less important than when you're league running, so from my personal irregular view I'm not fussed.

And apologies again for the contact in T3 when I was lapping traffic, around lap 25-ish. Not sure who it was, but as I lapped the car behind, I braked a little deeper to make sure I cleared them and as you took your line I was just looking at the same bit of wet tarmac. Completely my fault, I should have taken a tighter line.

Great race though. Both a track and car I've never driven, so good to try them out. The track certainly grows on you, tho T1/2 are just too tight.

TonyR
23-07-2015, 10:32
After seeing Per's video. Wow, so much hate against me in TS in the early phase, incredible. When I take half of that as fun and games there is still too much hate for me, which should be zero.
That's not how TGC should work in my opinion.

The incident between Today and me has been clarified via PM. As you can see in the recording of my replay, I left enough room. Today was just diving too deep into the corner (see 1:50 in the video).

I'm quite sad now about that race which was huge fun for me at first ...

gift
23-07-2015, 12:42
This race was quite fun for me.

and again it was my own fault for making it worse than ever, so first pit stop, i had two saved strategies, one for dry, one for wet, both with tires changes and refueling, there was only one problem, i thought i set the rain settings with rain tires, well the front left was indeed set as rain, the other three not xD so i have not noticed it until i was back on the track and was wondering why i had no grip anymore.
my thought, "great now i have to survive a lap back to the pits"
well i pretty much lost any chance of getting a good place, otherwise i had a quite good pace imo and could have finished in the top 10 at least i think.

well but from misstakes we learn so yeah this is all a lot of learning for me :D

Gopher04
23-07-2015, 12:49
The thing is Tony and as someone quoted on that Vid, the ruling was when joining TGC one of the requirements was people had a headset to here other drivers calls, but a mic was not essential, as for calling it hate towards you, that's abit strong, more like annoyance or frustration that there is no communication what so ever against anyone that drives and mutes in both directions, but we could argue this point until the Cowes come home.

PerFixAlot
23-07-2015, 12:49
I took the Audi R18 e-tron out for a quick time trial session this morning.

It was my first drive with this car and haven't had a look at how the endurance performance is, but based on that little session it seems to be slightly slower than the R18 TDI.
I am about 0.4 seconds slower in the e-tron, with a few km/h less top speed on the straights than in the TDI.

It just doesn't seem right that the older is faster, unless newer regulations forced some restrictions that affects performance. I was kind of expecting the e-tron to match the RWD P30, but I am 2 seconds faster in the RWD.
Maybe it just takes more practice to get more out of the new car, or is the older R18 supposed to be faster, at least for time trial conditions?

Yorkie065
23-07-2015, 14:35
I'm starting to think a full clarification on all the rules in TGC is needed, with the rules on display somewhere where everyone can read them. Like others here, I can easily say that I don't know every rule in TGC, and I'll also admit I have never seen the rule listing for TGC either....ever! When I first joined, I was told 2 things. 1- Race cleanly and fairly. 2- Was the formation lap procedure and that was it. The rest was trust from the others in myself and me having raced in leagues previously in other racing games, to get the general jist of what was to be expected of me when I raced.

Sure enough I've picked up on other rules whilst I have been racing here at TGC, but I think it may be worth doing as a good refresher for everyone. I'm going to add this link here too, which is a league I used to race with back in the codies F1 days and their rules: http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-gt3-leagues-season-1.6274/ They are very very similar to our own, and they have been running them for years. The majority of them they run across all their leagues, no matter what game as they apply to racing as a whole. Some of the rules have been adapted and tailored to different specific games, some added for specific games, and a number of them have been formed by general members racing in the league when they found loop-holes or thought that a particular rule would help clarify confusion, whatever. Obviously these are for their Project Cars Leagues.

This is something that could benefit us in doing, if we haven't done so already. Perhaps add them to the first post of both threads so it's easy to find and refer back to. I know Ziggy posts up rules from time to time whenever there is need for it, but thats usually referring to real life regulations. Whilst that is good and does often help clarify the situation, we need to tailor them more specifically to the game. 1 For clarification purposes and ease of use as real regs aren't always the easiest to read and understand, and 2 so that we can all work with the game and it's functionality or limitations, in a fair and clear manner. There's a lot of stuff in the game that doesn't work quite like in real life, or the other way round so it would be good to take this into account.

Lets get everyone on the same page and up to speed (myself included) so we can all enjoy TGC they way it's meant to be.

Blackvault
23-07-2015, 14:48
I'm starting to think a full clarification on all the rules in TGC is needed, with the rules on display somewhere where everyone can read them. Like others here, I can easily say that I don't know every rule in TGC, and I'll also admit I have never seen the rule listing for TGC either....ever! When I first joined, I was told 2 things. 1- Race cleanly and fairly. 2- Was the formation lap procedure and that was it. The rest was trust from the others in myself and me having raced in leagues previously in other racing games, to get the general jist of what was to be expected of me when I raced.

Sure enough I've picked up on other rules whilst I have been racing here at TGC, but I think it may be worth doing as a good refresher for everyone. I'm going to add this link here too, which is a league I used to race with back in the codies F1 days and their rules: http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-gt3-leagues-season-1.6274/ They are very very similar to our own, and they have been running them for years. The majority of them they run across all their leagues, no matter what game as they apply to racing as a whole. Some of the rules have been adapted and tailored to different specific games, some added for specific games, and a number of them have been formed by general members racing in the league when they found loop-holes or thought that a particular rule would help clarify confusion, whatever. Obviously these are for their Project Cars Leagues.

This is something that could benefit us in doing, if we haven't done so already. Perhaps add them to the first post of both threads so it's easy to find and refer back to. I know Ziggy posts up rules from time to time whenever there is need for it, but thats usually referring to real life regulations. Whilst that is good and does often help clarify the situation, we need to tailor them more specifically to the game. 1 For clarification purposes and ease of use as real regs aren't always the easiest to read and understand, and 2 so that we can all work with the game and it's functionality or limitations, in a fair and clear manner. There's a lot of stuff in the game that doesn't work quite like in real life, or the other way round so it would be good to take this into account.

Lets get everyone on the same page and up to speed (myself included) so we can all enjoy TGC they way it's meant to be.

When I was on the admin staff we did have a rules document that usually went out to new members. I'd assume this document still exists. It might be worth sending out to all (new and existing) members to refresh their minds. It's always good to glance over the rules every now and then to make sure we don't get complacent

Pete

t0daY
23-07-2015, 14:54
Fist "official" trainings session is up. It is called "TGC-UNS Practice". Feel free to join us in the teamspeak :)

Pamellaaa
23-07-2015, 17:25
Adding this info from the other thread so that everyone sees it:

Just a reminder to everyone that your times must be set in time trial for you to be eligible in that class :)

To add to this the car you put on the signup sheet should be the car you set your qualifying time in, it doesn't have to be the car you drive the race in although this would be preferred.

Iceman07
23-07-2015, 17:35
Sorry guys for my connection loss yesterday, I hope I did't destroy anyone's race.

But the weather wasn't getting better for me, at least not in real live. A thunderstorm was coming as I lost my internet connection and shortly after a short power cut followed.

I did have a bad race with many incidents ( most of them because of myself). But still I would have liked to finish the race. I hope to be able to join on sunday. If not I wish you a good race.

Twiggy145
23-07-2015, 17:37
I recorded the replay. I'll have a look at it and maybe upload it to Youtube.

Blackvault
23-07-2015, 19:07
My 2:04.568 LMP1 lap around Spa.

Pete

MelBonkers
23-07-2015, 19:46
Not exactly a good start with these pedals Mo, are the bushings of a bad quality?

Gopher tbh I don't know if it's the bushing or me just pressing to hard. Will try the harder bushing and mount that tomorrow evening so I can set a time for Sunday's race. Will let you know how the harder bushings are.

PerFixAlot
23-07-2015, 20:29
Fist "official" trainings session is up. It is called "TGC-UNS Practice". Feel free to join us in the teamspeak :)

Sorry I had to bail that session abruptly, in-laws are visiting and I had to do family stuff (they came all the way from Bavaria, so I suppose it would be rude to ignore them as I do with most people).

I recorded my part of the session, there was a nice talk about differentials somewhere in there, and my preliminary setup is shown at the end for those who are into that sort of thing.
The front tires got a bit warm, and I got the steering wheel rattle from wear in the last couple of laps, but otherwise everything seemed to stay within limits for endurance racing.
I did mess up a bit when my girlfriend interrupted me in lap 12-13 and had some aero damage, but the oil temps stayed below 105C and I saw no signs of engine damage.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB0vdDVxc1c&feature=youtu.be

Neil Bateman
23-07-2015, 20:52
Anyone set some GT3 times yet.

Just did a few laps and fastest so far is a 2:17.989, is this a ballpark time or am i a little off?

Was not full tank, not sure how much i started with.

Martin G Webb
23-07-2015, 20:57
Anyone set some GT3 times yet.

Just did a few laps and fastest so far is a 2:17.989, is this a ballpark time or am i a little off?

Was not full tank, not sure how much i started with.

That sounds like a pretty good time if the LMP2 cut off is 2:15. It's not going to get you pole position for GT3 but it's a start.

t0daY
23-07-2015, 20:58
Additional informations for the upcoming race on sunday:

IMPORTANT: Please set your TimeTrial time before 10:00 UTC on sunday. If we are only enough people for 1 lobby, there are limits of seats in every class. The "slower" LMP1 drivers will be changed to LMP2. We are heading to 10 LMP1 seats, 10 LMP2 seats and 12 GTE seats. So be sure to make the best out of your TimeTrial time.

Then you have the complete sunday time to prepare maybe in another car if we have too much people in one specific class (hopefully not :p).

Neil Bateman
23-07-2015, 21:06
That sounds like a pretty good time if the LMP2 cut off is 2:15. It's not going to get you pole position for GT3 but it's a start.

Thanks martin, btw only just noticed your location, where abouts in west mids?

ZiggyUK
23-07-2015, 22:06

Every single league threads within the WMD Forum had the TGC Rules & Regulations / TeamSpeak details. They were always sent as a pdf as well to anyone who joined in.

When I was on the admin staff we did have a rules document that usually went out to new members. I'd assume this document still exists. It might be worth sending out to all (new and existing) members to refresh their minds. It's always good to glance over the rules every now and then to make sure we don't get complacent

Pete

All NCC get 3 emails which contain.

TGC TeamSpeak 3 Guide.pdf
Standard Racing Rules and Regulations.pdf
Starting procedure.pdf

Because certain changes have or are happening we are in the proceeds of updating all documentation again.

Therefore all ACTIVE drivers will be receiving an email containing the new documentation in the future.

As per the WMD Threads all leagues will contain Rule and Regulations specific to that league.

The forthcoming leagues will still have the "Quite" and "Team Room" option but will still hear the "TeamSpeak Whisper" talk. Of course we will still have the general chat room for most of us

blackduckrun
23-07-2015, 22:56
I'm gonna pipe up quickly on a couple of the issues that are being discussed here. With regards to the voice chatter, one thing that might cut down on that naturally is to have everyone who can, use the map button to talk feature during the races. I started doing it a couple of my races ago and I just say less in general. It maybe gives just that extra little pause to ask yourself if people really need to hear this right now. It also has the benefit of keeping my expletives, at myself and others, nicely muted. :o

As far as track cutting goes**, I always try to keep it between the lines and am all in favour of a pretty strict enforcement of the rule. But of course we all make mistakes and run wide at times. The guideline I try to use for myself is that when I go off the track I need to be pointing back towards the white line before I let myself straighten it up and give it the full beans. It is so easy at a place like the chicane at Imola to miss a bit and just full throttle it at 10 or 20 degrees away from the white line and gently arc it back on to the track. It's faster, but not particularly satisfying imo.

** watching Blancpain at Paul Ricard right now, it's pretty stupid to watch how far off the track everyone goes again and again, especially at that one point on the track. They aren't even pretending to try.

I miss racing, hopefully the rift is fixed in the next update and I can join again.

Paul R

Neil Bateman
24-07-2015, 06:21
Alot of you guys are going on about to much chatter, and alot of you are new to TGC, when and if the league races are run there is automatically less chatter as it becomes abit more serious, when it's not league racing there has always been alot of banter on TS, that's part of our personality, don't try and take it away, driver's who don't want to inform other drivers that they are about is totally their choice, but it is in their interest as well as the other driver to do so, there are to many comparisons to real life racing being made, this isn't and never will be real...but I'm sure those drivers that don't want to use the speech will be the first to moan when there is a incident that involves them.

While i fully agree with this in principle you also need to appreciate that for some its hard to concentrate on driving when ts gets over powering with noise, for me as a PNC i am desperatly trying to show i am good enough to earn my stripes to race in TGC league racing, as others have mentioned if you lose concentration and cause crashes you make yourself look bad, whether these are "fun" races or not they are the only races you have to earn your promotion and that wont happen for some if you keep messing up.

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 07:04
Can I ask why I'm outside of the top 10 and greyed out on the Excel sheet? Does this mean that I'm demoted to LMP2?

Pete

Timmynator
24-07-2015, 08:34
Bad news everyone. I won't participate in any races for the near future since a catastrophic system failure took down both my main system and backup after the race on Wednesday - I lost all my files and currently don't have the funds to properly rebuild my machine.

Dammit to Hell.

NemethR
24-07-2015, 08:37
Bad news everyone. I won't participate in any races for the near future since a catastrophic system failure took down both my main system and backup after the race on Wednesday - I lost all my files and currently don't have the funds to properly rebuild my machine.

Dammit to Hell.

Sad to hear that.
Hope you will be back shortly, and that you can recover your files.

gift
24-07-2015, 08:54
thanks for the practice session yesterday, so new time in time trail set to 2:01.949

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/704036568710684667/B07E0F78C1F282092D84DE0D611D30C626342395/

Yorkie065
24-07-2015, 08:58
Just to let you know I'm not around this weekend as I will actually be at Spa watching the 24 hour race. Otherwise, I'd be all over signing up for an event like this!

As for the discussions. I agree that TS can be a bit over-powering. There was a moment or two on Weds where I was laughing too much that I came off the track once or twice and made a mistake or two. And as for Neils post about trying to prove "your worthy to race with us", you shouldn't need to worry about it. Once you've been promoted once to allow you to race with the TGC-GEN we'll know that you're clean. People make mistakes all the time, and there are times when there is accidental contact for one reason or another. Just as long as your fair, apologise and give the place or advantage back if you gained one then people generally don't have a problem with it. The few races I've seen you in, you've proved yourself as a clean and trust worthy driver in my eyes as I've gone door to door with you in a corner or two. The same goes with a number of other drivers who have joined since the release of the game and have raced recently in the GEN races. There's not one person who I can think of that I'd say isn't safe enough to race with us when going wheel to wheel. A couple of slightly more aggressive drivers, but that's just their driving style and isn't anything to be waving flags about.

Yorkie065
24-07-2015, 09:16

Dammit to Hell.

Awwh damn that sucks man!! Hopefully we'll see you back sometime soon!

Pamellaaa
24-07-2015, 10:18

Dammit to Hell.

What has actually failed? I have a few parts that aren't being used at the moment.

cluck
24-07-2015, 10:30
Yep, post up a list of what you need Timmynator and I'm sure some of us will see what we can do :)

Puffpirat
24-07-2015, 10:45
I have two 770s lying around...just saying ;)

Do you guys have some tips for me regarding recording, editing and cutting. I tried shadowplay yesterday for the first time and while it works quite well, one lap of Spa came out as 800MB. That's in 1080p, 60FPS and 50MBit. I'd love to upload my quali lap and start recording my races.

t0daY
24-07-2015, 11:00
Can I ask why I'm outside of the top 10 and greyed out on the Excel sheet? Does this mean that I'm demoted to LMP2?

Pete

If we are only enough people to create 1 lobby with 32 players, everyone who is "greyed out with a red font" will be "demoted" to the next "lower" class. But at the moment everything looks good :)

*edit* You can also improve your time in TT to be sure you wont be the guy who will be "kicked" to the LMP2 class. The slowest time will it be, because we have only 10 seats in the LMP1 class I am afraid.

t0daY
24-07-2015, 11:02

Do you guys have some tips for me regarding recording, editing and cutting. I tried shadowplay yesterday for the first time and while it works quite well, one lap of Spa came out as 800MB. That's in 1080p, 60FPS and 50MBit. I'd love to upload my quali lap and start recording my races.

Shadowplay is a good way to record ur things in a proper quality and with no big source files. But the quality is, in my eyes, not as good as with dxtory or fraps I am afraid...

Another question, is there a reason for the "invalid" after your time in the spreadsheet? :D

gift
24-07-2015, 11:15
wish the gaming evolved app and it's DVR would work at the moment with Project cars so i could record stuff, though it's still possible that i could use OBS and just record with it.

also added my time on the spreadsheet since i noticed it wasn't there yet.

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 11:15

I agree with t0daY, and I found the differences between the various apps are minor, it seems to me that it depends more on your individual settings and specs than the software itself.
I used MSI Afterburner before, and it did very well with standard resolutions, but I am running with a 21:9 aspect ratio now and resolutions above 1440p, and with my setup it seems only ShadowPlay does that without any noticeable effect on frame rates.

miagi
24-07-2015, 11:57

Pete
Pete, why you no improve?! Tried it with 0 Downforce setting?

Puffpirat
24-07-2015, 12:07
Shadowplay is a good way to record ur things in a proper quality and with no big source files. But the quality is, in my eyes, not as good as with dxtory or fraps I am afraid...
Thanks also to perfixalot, so shadowplay it is. I was just wondering how I could lower the file size. With my current settings and no tool to compress the video the Spa race would come out between 50GB and 60GB. Also any good free stuff for cutting? I don't really need editing features but yesterday I did a 5 lap run and would like to cut out 1 lap to upload.

Another question, is there a reason for the "invalid" after your time in the spreadsheet? :D
Yeah you tell me!? My LB lap was done months ago with real aids (which show as all aids). I will upload a lap today anyway if my LB time isn't clean enough or anything....

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 12:10
Pete, why you no improve?! Tried it with 0 Downforce setting?

That was with 0 downforce mate.

Pete

t0daY
24-07-2015, 12:14
Thanks also to perfixalot, so shadowplay it is. I was just wondering how I could lower the file size. With my current settings and no tool to compress the video the Spa race would come out between 50GB and 60GB. Also any good free stuff for cutting? I don't really need editing features but yesterday I did a 5 lap run and would like to cut out 1 lap to upload.

Yeah you tell me!? My LB lap was done months ago with real aids (which show as all aids). I will upload a lap today anyway if my LB time isn't clean enough or anything....

It wasnt me who set the "invalid", I am just curious who was that :D :D Anyway, go for the e-tron puffpirat, its more fun and not OP :D :D :D

One thing which I can imagine is, that in our race only TC is allowed for the lmp1/2 cars. There is no ABS and SC for any lmp cars at all... But funny that just someone text an invalid after your time...

Pete

After your video, I think you are going almost into the sand in the 2 right corners before blanchimont. I think you lost 1 - 1,5 seconds there, without this fault you dont need to worry about your lmp1 spot I guess :)

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 12:20
It wasnt me who set the "invalid", I am just curious who was that :D :D Anyway, go for the e-tron puffpirat, its more fun and not OP :D :D :D

One thing which I can imagine is, that in our race only TC is allowed for the lmp1/2 cars. There is no ABS and SC for any lmp cars at all... But funny that just someone text an invalid after your time...

After your video, I think you are going almost into the sand in the 2 right corners before blanchimont. I think you lost 1 - 1,5 seconds there, without this fault you dont need to worry about your lmp1 spot I guess :)

You didn't see the previous lap, I was half way into Germany at corners 15/16 Stavelot. I was cautious going into there the following lap, which was the lap time I submitted. Let me have another blast tonight and if I can't improved I'll jump in a GT3 car and free up the spot for someone.

Mancunain
24-07-2015, 12:22
wish the gaming evolved app and it's DVR would work at the moment with Project cars so i could record stuff, though it's still possible that i could use OBS and just record with it.

also added my time on the spreadsheet since i noticed it wasn't there yet.

OBS wont record full screen unless its windowed... I used to use obs and its great, but since pCars, ive been using overwolf to record, aswell as a live record, it can also do 'replays' and record the previous minutes (upto 20), it can do 1080, and although its a bit slow to load up sometimes.. its a very capable recording app.. (but the overlay can cause issues with pCars, just turn it off) the files are not 'ideal' for youtube and it takes longer to upload them, but you can use a converter to get youtubes ideal formats ...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Examples of formatting tags

yt:quality=high: Defaults to a high quality stream (available based on the size of the viewer’s player and the size of the browser window)

just type yt:quality=high into tag

t0daY
24-07-2015, 12:22
You didn't see the previous lap, I was half way into Germany at corners 15/16 Stavelot. I was cautious going into there the following lap, which was the lap time I submitted. Let me have another blast tonight and if I can't improved I'll jump in a GT3 car and free up the spot for someone.

I am sure you can do this :) And dont give up your seat without a fight! :p

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 12:24
I am sure you can do this :) And dont give up your seat without a fight! :p

I'm that slow against the leaders I'm starting to understand how ByKolles LMP1 Privateer team feels :D

Pete

gift
24-07-2015, 12:26
OBS wont record full screen unless its windowed... I used to use obs and its great, but since pCars, ive been using overwolf to record, aswell as a live record, it can also do 'replays' and record the previous minutes (upto 20), it can do 1080, and although its a bit slow to load up sometimes.. its a very capable recording app.. (but the overlay can cause issues with pCars, just turn it off) the files are not 'ideal' for youtube and it takes longer to upload them, but you can use a converter to get youtubes ideal formats ...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Examples of formatting tags

yt:quality=high: Defaults to a high quality stream (available based on the size of the viewer’s player and the size of the browser window)

just type yt:quality=high into tag

Thanks, i'll try that out then. :D this race gonna be hoepfully one of the better ones for me again :)

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 12:28

Pete

For most LMP1s zero downforce works well on Le Mans, but if you look at the ghosts for many of the Spa top times on the leader boards you probably outrun them in the first sector, but then they overtake you early in the 2nd.
I'd say at least 2 down force is needed, depending on driving style more might be even better, as the e-tron doesn't loose much top speed from that.

I run with 3 front, 4 rear in the R18 e-tron, I think it was about the same in the R18 TDI, and both below 2 minutes.
It probably was a little lower in the RWD P30, it does seem to go a bit better with low downforce for me. Still, if you look at the top RWD P30 leaderboard ghost, it seems to go slow on the straights, yet more than makes up for it on the rest of the track, so it has to have quite a bit of downforce.

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 12:36
For most LMP1s zero downforce works well on Le Mans, but if you look at the ghosts for many of the Spa top times on the leader boards you probably outrun them in the first sector, but then they overtake you early in the 2nd.
I'd say at least 2 down force is needed, depending on driving style more might be even better, as the e-tron doesn't loose much top speed from that.

I run with 3 front, 4 rear in the R18 e-tron, I think it was about the same in the R18 TDI, and both below 2 minutes.
It probably was a little lower in the RWD P30, it does seem to go a bit better with low downforce for me. Still, if you look at the top RWD P30 leaderboard ghost, it seems to go slow on the straights, yet more than makes up for it on the rest of the track, so it has to have quite a bit of downforce.

PerFixAlot are you EskiMoThor on the timing and scoring? First thing I did was strip the aero off so I'll add a bit more back on and try again.

If I really can't improve my time, I'll jump in a GT3. Not that I'm quicker there but I might have a closer fight with someone.

Pete

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 12:39
PerFixAlot are you EskiMoThor on the timing and scoring?

Yep.

Yorkie065
24-07-2015, 12:54

You can use Windows Movie Maker, but it is very basic. I used to use Camtasia a while back when I first started the channel. It was a nice bridge between movie maker and the likes of Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas. It's fairly simple, intuitive, has a good tutorial when you first open it, has enough features to get you going and it has a 30 day free trial. After that if you enjoy it, Sony Movie Studio Premium is around £40-£60 which is cheap for video editing software. It's not quite fully flushed or kitted out like Vegas, but it has more than enough to do simple things with it with some nice editing, allows for multiple audio channels and it's also what I use at the moment for editing my videos.

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 13:04
I was just watching the 2015 WEC 6 Hours of Spa and saw that the winning Audi R18 e-tron did more than a double fuel stint on one set of tires: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZcYEH9_YKw

In the practice session yesterday my tires were well worn before I completed a single fuel stint.

I know our car is different from the 2015 version in some ways, but I was wondering if others got the same impression or did you manage to go much longer on one set of tires?

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 13:06
I was just watching the 2015 WEC 6 Hours of Spa and saw that the winning Audi R18 e-tron did more than a double fuel stint on one set of tires: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZcYEH9_YKw

In the practice session yesterday my tires were well worn before I completed a single fuel stint.

I know our car is different from the 2015 version in some ways, but I was wondering if others got the same impression or did you manage to go much longer on one set of tires?

I think our LMP tires are based on the GT compounds so probably last a similar length of time, 45 - 60 minutes.

Pete

Timmynator
24-07-2015, 13:08
What has actually failed? I have a few parts that aren't being used at the moment.

Yep, post up a list of what you need Timmynator and I'm sure some of us will see what we can do :)

Thanks guys, that's a very kind offer but I couldn't possibly accept that. It's more that my system decided to take with it all my data (and its backup which was running at that time...) rather than the hardware being dead... well apart from my hard disks which now make scrumptious clicky-sounds.

So I'm left with a system that's nominally functional, i.e. Windows boots, but without any of my data - including all my games (except for those programs on my system drive, but none of the games installed there for disk space reasons). For now my funds have to go towards forensic data recovery which'll have to come out of the "get-new-hard-disks" budget. And price offers for that kind of data recovery easily start at about 1000€...

A very curious incident which I haven't quite pinpointed yet, so all my other hardware is under suspicion as well - wouldn't want to wreck anything else (or worse, anyone else's stuff).

OTOH, if I win the lottery tomorrow, I'll have a reason to build a mega-machine with double-redundant RAID setups and what have you... this is not happening to me ever again.

MelBonkers
24-07-2015, 13:32
I'll repair my pedal set this evening and will record a time in Time trial. After I did this I just post the time here right?

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 13:33
I'll repair my pedal set this evening and will record a time in Time trial. After I did this I just post the time here right?

Yes I believe so.

Pete

cluck
24-07-2015, 13:34
So I'm left with a system that's nominally functional, i.e. Windows boots, but without any of my data - including all my games (except for those programs on my system drive, but none of the games installed there for disk space reasons). For now my funds have to go towards forensic data recovery which'll have to come out of the "get-new-hard-disks" budget. And price offers for that kind of data recovery easily start at about 1000€...
Don't bother with the forensic analysis stuff yet, try GetDataBack - there's a free trial which will show you what it can recover. If the free trial looks like it will work then the software costs under €100 from memory and I've used it lots of times to successfully recover data for customers :)

That said, the clicking noises aren't a good sign and almost certainly means the drive is faulty :(.

Timmynator
24-07-2015, 13:38
Thanks cluck, I'll see if that works. I should add that none of the disks in question even register in BIOS or Volume Management any more, though...

Edit: hey, I think I've used DriveImage XML before... didn't know they also made other useful stuff, too.

cluck
24-07-2015, 14:03
Thanks cluck, I'll see if that works. I should add that none of the disks in question even register in BIOS or Volume Management any more, though...

Edit: hey, I think I've used DriveImage XML before... didn't know they also made other useful stuff, too.Oh, if they're not showing in BIOS then forget GetDataBack, it won't help you in this instance :(.

To be honest though, if they are that far gone and making horrible noises, chances are even the data recovery experts won't get the data back :(. I had a customer who had 4 drives - 2 pairs of mirrors - fail at the same time (what were the odds of that happening :o) and the leading data recovery company in the UK couldn't recover a thing. All four drives suffered a head crash, where the read/write head dropped onto the platter. They rarely see one drive do that, but to have four at the same time was unheard of. To rub salt into the wound, the customer knew the backups hadn't been working for 3 months but hadn't told me.

The only thing that 'might' work is to put them in some sealable bags, with some of that silica gel water absorber, and then bung them in the freezer for a couple of hours. It has worked for me on the odd occasion.

Gopher04
24-07-2015, 14:27
Mine set.

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 14:29
Mine set.

Fast time matey!

Pete

t0daY
24-07-2015, 14:33
Mine set.

Thats ridiculously fast !! Woooow...

DrKabel
24-07-2015, 14:41
Mine set.

Is it okay to congratulate you already on the victory? :D

cluck
24-07-2015, 14:41
Mine set.Nice! That's 3s faster than the time I set (although I was on default setup - which feels painfully slow up the main drag).

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 14:44
Can the GT3 drivers fill there time in if they can remember them? I'd be interested to see where I stack up.

Stevie_F
24-07-2015, 14:54

Pete

How are you changing downforce settings in TT?

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 14:55
How are you changing downforce settings in TT?

You have to load your setup prior to starting the TT event. It should be when you select the car and then set the setup.

Pete

Stevie_F
24-07-2015, 14:58
Ohhhh, I always thought TT was set to default and no changing! Cheers Pete

Puffpirat
24-07-2015, 15:16
A lap with the P30 around Spa, 1:57.3 :)

http://youtu.be/yQOfLmAM4dk

Tried my first laps in the e-tron as well. Man it's slow...I think even the old TDI and the Marek are faster -_- Still undecided which car to race, P30 would be the fastest obviously.

Stevie_F
24-07-2015, 15:29

Tried my first laps in the e-tron as well. Man it's slow...I think even the old TDI and the Marek are faster -_- Still undecided which car to race, P30 would be the fastest obviously.

That thing sticks

t0daY
24-07-2015, 15:31

IMPORTANT: Please set your TimeTrial time before 10:00 UTC on sunday. If we are only enough people for 1 lobby, there are limits of seats in every class. The "slower" LMP1 drivers will be changed to LMP2. We are heading to 10 LMP1 seats, 10 LMP2 seats and 12 GTE seats. So be sure to make the best out of your TimeTrial time :)

Hello Gentlemen,

This Sunday is a special one. We’re going to Spa, Belgium with the LMP1/LMP2/GT3 classes.

Please sign in with the entry form below as we’ll have a specific number of cars for each class.

There will be a specific number of cars for each class (so we don’t get 29 LMP1’s and 3 GT3’s). We’re putting a few rules in place to make sure that the drivers of the faster cars are all fully capable of handling their machines. With this in mind, we have a couple of requirements for drivers that wish to compete in the prototype classes:

You need to set a time in TIME TRIAL so we can look up your pace to see if you are eligible to drive in either of the prototype classes. The cutoff times are as follows

This system has been put in place to ensure that the lapping drivers (ie the prototype drivers) are capable of the proficiency required to lap the slower GT3 cars without any risk of damage. Hopefully you guys understand that we want the ‘best’ drivers in the most dangerous positions :P

>> Entry Form for 2.4h race @ Spa, Sunday July 26th, 18:00 UTC << (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTNCX7v3gVcgHsAoiBI3DkNWMorEm6fCLdQPTapdkXs/edit#gid=0)

The pole driver for each class, will lead their respective field through the formation lap. We will be leaving a gap of around 10 seconds between each class. Each class will form up after turn 20 (the bus stop chicane) ready for the race to begin at the start finish line.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to map a button for the lights as we will be driving through the night. It is recommended that you flash your lights when approaching lapped traffic to let the driver in front know that you intend to pass, if possibly you should also announce your intentions on teamspeak to avoid any confusion.

Make sure to plan your pit strategy concerning tire wear and fuel consumption very well as this is an endurance race. There won’t be mandatory pit stops, you will need to pit a few times anyways.

Drive safe. You won’t win during the first turn, first lap or first 1 on 1. You will win if you are patient and consistent…

Greetings,

Re-post. All of you has still time to sign up for the sundays race. If we are more than 32 people we gonna split up the groups. So don't be afraid to set another LMP1 or LMP2 time :)

See ya on sunday :)

TheDoctor46
24-07-2015, 15:43
Might jump into this on sunday...depends if Im home in time :( For the fun of it I did a lap in the R18 w/ controller in proper ARCADE view :eagerness: As you can see in the MoTeC only the TC was working, yet I'm marked in the leaderboard =/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMuQiub-Tg&feature=youtu.be

Gopher04
24-07-2015, 15:59
The leaderboard is still hit and miss Doc, it doesn't seem to translate aids correctly still.

Gopher04
24-07-2015, 16:07
Re-post. All of you has still time to sign up for the sundays race. If we are more than 32 people we gonna split up the groups. So don't be afraid to set another LMP1 or LMP2 time
See ya on sunday

The thing is man you would need 50 drivers to make the split worth it, 40 and below would make the split pointless in my eyes you would be making the field to small then.

Is it okay to congratulate you already on the victory?

Not necessarily TT laps are alot different to a race..

t0daY
24-07-2015, 16:23
The thing is man you would need 50 drivers to make the split worth it, 40 and below would make the split pointless in my eyes you would be making the field to small then.

Not necessarily TT laps are alot different to a race..

If we are more than 32 people, then we gonna split. We wont say to anybody that he cant attend because we dont like 34 drivers split into 2 lobbys. Would be unfair..

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 17:15
Went in the Bentley and got a 2:20 how is that sounding?

Pete

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 17:26
I think our LMP tires are based on the GT compounds so probably last a similar length of time, 45 - 60 minutes.

Pete
Thanks Pete, that seems about right, a tank full should be about 45-50 minutes.

I just had a run with the medium tires.
I get times between 2:01-2:03 with most laps just under 2:02, and the tires were doing fine for at least 22 laps. I think tire wear on the worst wheel was about 35%, but I forgot to check again before quitting.
I had to drive a little bit differently, so I am sure with more practice on these tires I could keep it closer to 2:01 than 2:03 more often, and perhaps reduce wear too.
I estimate the time-loss compared to softs for a full tank would be around 30-40 seconds, but in the game a tire change is estimated to take 16.6 seconds only. Depending on how much time you loose when tires are worn, it does still seem a bit faster to use softs.

I haven't tried the hard tires yet, will do so next, maybe those can do more than double stints.

The medium times are closer to last years actual race times though, with the best e-tron lap time of 2'02.600.
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/04_2014/02_SPA%20FRANCORCHAMPS/41_FIA%20WEC/201405031430_Race/Hour%206/05_Classification_Race_Hour%206.PDF

t0daY
24-07-2015, 17:27

Pete

I think Neil mentioned something around 2:17/18 with the Bentley... but I am not quite sure about it :D 2:20 sounds compared to the realistic times rlly good :)

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 17:32

That's how it looked in the 2015 WEC 6 hours race too, the Porsche cars had the 3 fastest qualifying times and were clearly faster on the straights.
But the Audis caught up quickly in the 2nd sector, so even though they seem slower it probably depends a lot on traffic and random incidents how things pan out in the end. I thought the e-tron was slow too, but over many laps it seems to handle more reliably and better at steering around slower cars than the RWD and the TDI.
I can't say for sure though, I haven't really done long multi-class races in all of them to compare, it's just the gut feeling I get.

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 17:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu1nu_VurX4

New video with my Bentley time.

Neil Bateman
24-07-2015, 18:00

Pete

I did do a 1:17.989 but 1. was a no mistakes lap and 2. it was near the end of a run on fairly low fuel.

2:20 will be good race pace but i am expecting 1:17's or at least low 1:18's for qualy.

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 18:03
I did do a 1:17.989 but 1. was a no mistakes lap and 2. it was near the end of a run on fairly low fuel.

2:20 will be good race pace but i am expecting 1:17's or at least low 1:18's for qualy.

I made an error, watch me go over Raidillon!...

Pete

Puffpirat
24-07-2015, 18:10
That's how it looked in the 2015 WEC 6 hours race too, the Porsche cars had the 3 fastest qualifying times and were clearly faster on the straights.
But the Audis caught up quickly in the 2nd sector, so even though they seem slower it probably depends a lot on traffic and random incidents how things pan out in the end. I thought the e-tron was slow too, but over many laps it seems to handle more reliably and better at steering around slower cars than the RWD and the TDI.
I can't say for sure though, I haven't really done long multi-class races in all of them to compare, it's just the gut feeling I get.
I know what you mean but Porsches qualifying advantage comes from their battery hybrid system which gives them full boost already into the flying lap. That's not a problem in our game. What I meant with slow was not only the top speed which is ok-ish compared to the P30 but the overall lap times. I'm easily 1,5s quicker in the P30.

But anyway I spoke with today earlier and will test both on a longrun. I already did a 3h race at Spa with the P30 so I'm willing to give the e-tron a chance. Maybe it has some advantages over a longer distance, be it tire wear or fuel consumption. I know the P30 runs into tire problems well before it runs out of fuel for example ;)

Neil Bateman
24-07-2015, 18:28
I made an error, watch me go over Raidillon!...

Pete

Just watched pete, thats what i meant with that lap of mine, make no mistakes and the lap time is there.

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 18:31
Just watched pete, thats what i meant with that lap of mine, make no mistakes and the lap time is there.

You make it sound so easy Neil. Its like F1 is just driving around on a Sunday afternoon :)

Pete

TonyR
24-07-2015, 20:31
If someone needs help for Gt3 driving at Spa, I posted a video with setup for the Ruf in the NCC thread.
Maybe useful for other Gt3 cars too.

With a race setup and a little bit courage in Eau Rouge and Stavelot 2:16s are manageable in sunlight (night will be different though).
Without fuel and with closed radiator 2:15s are possible. It's important to use the throttle a lot, most corners have a nice flow where you need to be on throttle almost before you start braking if you know what I mean ;)

Have fun on Sunday and don't drive too aggressively, or Eau Rouge will kill you ��

t0daY
24-07-2015, 20:36
If someone needs help for Gt3 driving at Spa, I posted a video with setup for the Ruf in the NCC thread.
Maybe useful for other Gt3 cars too.

With a race setup and a little bit courage in Eau Rouge and Stavelot 2:16s are manageable in sunlight (night will be different though).
Without fuel and with closed radiator 2:15s are possible. It's important to use the throttle a lot, most corners have a nice flow where you need to be on throttle almost before you start braking if you know what I mean ;)

Have fun on Sunday and don't drive too aggressively, or Eau Rouge will kill you ��

Kinda unrealistic time compared to RL but amazing time in pCars :D :D Really sad you cant attend on sunday... would rlly like to kick your a** at the race :D :D

Blackvault
24-07-2015, 21:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82vwMvqdvc8

Practise tonight did not go well! Lets hope I can control the car during the night phase better than this! :)

Pete

Timmynator
24-07-2015, 21:43
The only thing that 'might' work is to put them in some sealable bags, with some of that silica gel water absorber, and then bung them in the freezer for a couple of hours. It has worked for me on the odd occasion.

Hmmm, I'm tempted. I found some recovery experts who'll only charge you if they can recover your data - if they don't manage to do it, I'll go for the freezer. And I'll include a post-it saying "cluck sends his regards" ;)

Mancunain
24-07-2015, 22:55

Practise tonight did not go well! Lets hope I can control the car during the night phase better than this! :)

Pete

and i was keeping quiet thinking it was just me xD

TheDoctor46
25-07-2015, 07:18
Hmmm when I jump in Im the guy responsible for the split...but 16 cars on track for 2.5h is meh tbh :p

TonyR
25-07-2015, 08:59

Pete

I think you'll need some more rear downforce on that Pete :D :D
Or less front df. Maybe softer rear sway bars as well!?
Ah heck, maybe you also need to raise front ride height/lower rear ride height and lower tire pressures.

The Bentley looks like it's undrivable with colder environment temperatures Oo

Twiggy145
25-07-2015, 11:20
My Fastest Time in the Bentley so Far. Soo Close to getting >2:20

http://i.imgur.com/SZ4mb3F.jpg

Blackvault
25-07-2015, 11:23
My Fastest Time in the Bentley so Far. Soo Close to getting >2:20

http://i.imgur.com/SZ4mb3F.jpg
Looks like you and I will have a race on our hands.
I

Elmo
25-07-2015, 11:44
Only if you can avoid stuffing it into the wall after Blanchimont Pete :p

Blackvault
25-07-2015, 11:46
Only if you can avoid stuffing it into the wall after Blanchimont Pete :p

Silence you! :D I'm good during the day so I'll need to take Tony's advise about the setup to help me during the night.

XiondrapoS
25-07-2015, 12:04
Hmmm when I jump in Im the guy responsible for the split...but 16 cars on track for 2.5h is meh tbh :p

I would highly suggest signing up anyways, because if more people think that way we might have to split anyways with less cars since we've been around 30-34 people for some time now.

MelBonkers
25-07-2015, 12:07
Ok I just did my first two laps in the Audi E-tron on default setup and clocked a 2m01s416 in time trial. I will definitely continue and improve my time as there is LOTS to improve. On the straights I loose A LOT compared to Eskimothor, so will fiddle a bit with the downforce. I hope I can join the LMP1's as the Audi is a joy to drive. That car is insane!

EDIT: So do I put my time in the Excelsheet? I entered my name with the LMP1's.

EDIT2: That's strange: the time shows I was using ABS. I can't remember having that switched on. Need to do a rerun then :confused:

t0daY
25-07-2015, 12:19

Yes please sign in! :) If we hit more then 32 people, other people will see we gonna make surely 2 lobbys :) So go for it!

*edit* We are now 35 people, we need more!!! :p So do not be afraid to sign up, every TGC/PNC/NCC is welcome! :)

Laurens Van Rossem
25-07-2015, 13:47
Yes please sign in! :) If we hit more then 32 people, other people will see we gonna make surely 2 lobbys :) So go for it!

*edit* We are now 35 people, we need more!!! :p So do not be afraid to sign up, everybody is welcome! :)

I have no idea what I'm signing up for, but count me in!

Twiggy145
25-07-2015, 13:57
Did it 1:19:432. There's more time to be found

t0daY
25-07-2015, 14:04
I have no idea what I'm signing up for, but count me in!

search for the last poster, then you will see :P

Will Fly
25-07-2015, 14:11

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

brought it forward

MelBonkers
25-07-2015, 14:22
Ok, just set a 2m00s994 with the P30 without ABS! Now I need to improve my Audi E-tron time as I think that car is easier to drive for me ;-)

Marek Haase
25-07-2015, 15:16
Elmo, it looks like we have similar pace...

Might be interesting :)

Elmo
25-07-2015, 16:43
Elmo, it looks like we have similar pace...

Might be interesting :)

It is always you of course :cat:

Marek Haase
25-07-2015, 17:43
It is always you of course :cat:

You left me no choice... had to improve my time :p

Twiggy145
25-07-2015, 17:48
I think that tomorrow we need to have penalties off, some of them are rather strict especially on the outside of Pouhon and around the bus stop, seeing as this is a long race towards the end mistakes are going to be made

Elmo
25-07-2015, 17:55
I think that tomorrow we need to have penalties off, some of them are rather strict especially on the outside of Pouhon and around the bus stop, seeing as this is a long race towards the end mistakes are going to be made

More importantly a certain number of cut track penalties leads to a DQ (I think 10). That number can easily be achieved within 2,5 hours of driving. So turning them off is a must.

Laurens Van Rossem
25-07-2015, 18:31
I did a couple of laps with the P30 and got a 1:57:760, can't seem to figure out how to take the busstop though :s
Any tips, and what class is best for me to drive? I really don't care what class I'm in, as long as I win in that class :D

t0daY
25-07-2015, 18:35
I did a couple of laps with the P30 and got a 1:57:760, can't seem to figure out how to take the busstop though :s
Any tips, and what class is best for me to drive? I really don't care what class I'm in, as long as I win in that class :D

In my eyes, the P30 is much quicker than the e-tron, so its no "big deal" to dominate the LMP1 class with the P30 :D

The LMP2 class seems to be very even, although we have already 12 players in the LMP1 class, and even if we need 2 lobbys we need still a couple more LMP2 drivers :p

All in all its ur personal choice :)

TonyR
25-07-2015, 18:38
More importantly a certain number of cut track penalties leads to a DQ (I think 10). That number can easily be achieved within 2,5 hours of driving. So turning them off is a must.

May I ask why? (I will not participate so I'm neutral on this one)
Isn't that the point of the cut tracks? Prevent cutting by handing out penalties? I see they are quite strict but easily avoidable when done once or twice. I saw myself getting cut tracks while doing some laps because I didn't know the new rules but now that I know them I will just avoid going off track in the corresponding areas.

Laurens Van Rossem
25-07-2015, 18:43
Okay, I'll go lmp2 :)

t0daY
25-07-2015, 18:48
Agree with TonyR. I made some test stints over 10-15 laps and had no problem at all with any cut track penalties...

But on the other hand, the game is making no difference between mistakes which leads to track penalties or cut tracking on purpose. 10 times is achieved really fast and could destroy some people their races. For example take the corner Pouhon. In pCars if you go too wide, you getting a penalty... Your loosing time plus a penalty, thats double penetration :D Do this 10 times and you are out and you did not even take advantage of it... Its difficult...

Neil Bateman
25-07-2015, 19:14
Well its up to someone to make the call and either way i am racing, but IMHO there does not seem much point having these sort of long races if you turn things off to make it easier, its supposed to be a simulation of a 24HR race and if you start running wide as your tyres wear or when its dark and get penalties then slow down so you dont run wide, plus it puts the temptation there for people to abuse it if they know there is nobody close enough to see them abuse it.

Twiggy145
25-07-2015, 19:20
I must say Neil I disagree

Mirko Tartarotti
25-07-2015, 19:23
I'd like to join you, and Gaiserdelzo too. We've already raced with you with GT champ and Prototypes. Is it possible?

If GT is the available class I'll drive with Ginetta, Gaiser with RUF. If LMP1 is available I'd like to drive Audi E-tron.

Twiggy145
25-07-2015, 19:49
Video of my fastest lap so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ssChuN928&feature=youtu.be

Papa H
25-07-2015, 20:25
i also wont be participating, not with a split field. too big a track to have just a few cars on it

Neil Bateman
25-07-2015, 20:35
I must say Neil I disagree

I suppose its what your used to, iv'e been in 2 league's previously and they were very strict in league races but even in one off events like this one it was always full rules, flags and penalties.

Obviously not just pure fun races they were more relaxed, i dont consider this a as a fun event, after 2.5 hours and fun will turn to cramp, aches and pains.:)

t0daY
25-07-2015, 20:46
So many people dont participate because they dont want to split :O If everyone would sign in, we could have easily 2x20 lobby which is enough for the track :/ But do what you have to do^^

Laurens Van Rossem
25-07-2015, 21:07
If I cause a split i'd drop out, but if everyone races we'd have two filled lobbies...
I hope this is enough to qualify for lmp2:

TonyR
25-07-2015, 21:08
My tip is to Limit The Race to one full field, First come first serve with some backup drivers.
Although I generally think you can have nice races with less than 20 people a 30+ field is also more appealing to me :)

MelBonkers
25-07-2015, 21:20
Just did a 2m00s928. I was improving my time with 3-4 tenths.....but then I screwed up. The P30 is a little bit faster I guess, but I'll stick with the Audi e-Tron. Tomorrow morning will do some test runs for fuel and strategy. See you tomorrow!

ZiggyUK
26-07-2015, 01:13
If you turn off penalties then you will have no BLUE FLAGS so you are really asking for it especially on a 24hr stint. No Yellow or Green as well.

Just stay on the track and control your vehicle like you should be doing.

Twiggy145
26-07-2015, 02:07
Ziggy I see your point but the penalties on this track are far too aggressive in my experience. For example you miss your braking point at the bus stop and go straight, slowly as to not gain an advantage, I don't honestly thing that this should result in a 5 or 10 second penalty, as in real racing so long as you don't gain an advantage ie give a place back if you gained on then you're good. In regards to blue's / yellows. We should be calling when we're coming up to lapped traffic or had a spin, that's why we're on TS communicating. Anyway the LMP1's should be able to to get around the LMP'2 and they should both be able to get round the GT3's with ease when lapping as they are much faster in the straights and in the corners so I don't see an issue with turning off the penalties as we don't want people possibly be DQ'd because of this as they get tired and lose concentration during such a long race.

t0daY
26-07-2015, 04:36
Had great fun with Xion and a friend of mine (Meitz). We did some "timed" laps with all 3 class cars. Hopefully everyone is enjoying atm the 24 hours of Spa :) :)

See ya later on track guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_SE6Dh7Ebo&feature=youtu.be

Elmo
26-07-2015, 07:39
Still one place vacant in the LMP1. If somebody still thinking about attending and doesn't want to drive LMP1, I'm sure its fine for him to join LMP2 or GT3

PerFixAlot
26-07-2015, 07:51
I tried to do a double stint with the hard tires, but they wear out too much after 35 or so laps.
I was about 1.5 seconds slower than softs for the first stint, but in the second I tended to lose 3-4 seconds, and in the end I lost a lot more time than the 16-17 seconds a tire change takes.
They might do well if you have a tight race and there's around 30 laps left when you have to make your second last pit stop, but even then I think the mediums probably do better.
Well, it was only a one time test, hardly a scientific stduy or Six-Sigma material, more tests are needed to be sure, but for now I think it looks like the hard tires are not worth considering.

So, I did another test with the medium tires, with some more practice I can now keep it around 2:00.5xx during the day time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-8ABJ_BrM

The tire pressures were:
Front: 1.76
Rear: 1.62

Laurens Van Rossem
26-07-2015, 08:01
Still one place vacant in the LMP1. If somebody still thinking about attending and doesn't want to drive LMP1, I'm sure its fine for him to join LMP2 or GT3

guess I'll go to lmp1 then, much easier to drive too :D

Zsolt Benczedi
26-07-2015, 09:48
I signed up as well here's my quali time

Mirko Tartarotti
26-07-2015, 09:50
My time with Ginetta and Gaiser with Aston Martin

Papa H
26-07-2015, 10:23

so when did you all decide to limit the field, first come first serve should have been the policy from the start, ..............

Mirko Tartarotti
26-07-2015, 11:35
If you need other players for reaching a good number for 2 lobbies, I can call some friends. They're of course fair and fast, they already have driven with gt3 @ spa with me and Gaiser and we can guarantee for them. There're 2 main issues:

1) they've never raced with you so i suppose you want to test them before.

2) they've TS but they cannot speak a good English (that's why they've never raced before). But i've told them about this good group several times and I could be a coomunication filter if you need.

t0daY
26-07-2015, 12:05
so when did you all decide to limit the field, first come first serve should have been the policy from the start, ..............

You went out by yourself with the reason you dont want to drive with a split lobby... Many people signed out, because they didnt want to drive with a split field... if everybody signed in without any thoughts, we could have easily 40+ driver...

*edit* We did not decide to limit the field, it was all your choice because many driver signed out to "NOT" split the group... it wasnt our choice, sorry for that...

Papa H
26-07-2015, 13:25
as i said,,,,first come first serve should have been the policy from the start.

oh well......

t0daY
26-07-2015, 13:47
as i said,,,,first come first serve should have been the policy from the start.

oh well......

Our policy was, that every TGC member is welcome and we do not decide who can attend or not... If we were more than 32 people, we split up and thats it. That was and is our policy...

There is no need for a "first come, first serve policy" because every TGC member can attend on a sunday or wednesday race as you all know...

Many people dropped out to prevent a second lobby, so I do not see a fault on the organizer site to be honest...

Puffpirat
26-07-2015, 14:11
I have to pull out of today's race. I have a cold, in summer -_- wouldn't survive such a long race. Have fun!

cluck
26-07-2015, 14:14
I did 10 laps in the Alpine earlier in Free Practice and was lapping in just over 2m08s. Fuel usage was bang on 3.2L per lap average over those 10 laps. Also, forgot to update the table with my faster time trial time I set a couple of days ago - it's now 2m08.540s, set on 24/07/2015 at 19:09 (as per the official leaderboards). I'll happily start from whatever position I'm in now though as it's my own fault for not updating the table.

t0daY
26-07-2015, 14:16
I did 10 laps in the Alpine earlier in Free Practice and was lapping in just over 2m08s. Fuel usage was bang on 3.2L per lap average over those 10 laps. Also, forgot to update the table with my faster time trial time I set a couple of days ago - it's now 2m08.540s, set on 24/07/2015 at 19:09 (as per the official leaderboards). I'll happily start from whatever position I'm in now though as it's my own fault for not updating the table.

The timetable is just for us to check, if you hit the "required" time. There will be a 10 minute qualy session before the race, so there is still the chance to get the pole for the lmp2 class :p

TonyR
26-07-2015, 14:41
Will someone be streaming?

t0daY
26-07-2015, 14:43
Will someone be streaming?

I can try, but I also wanted to record it directly with shadowplay... My computer might be exploding, but I will do some test-streams in 1 hour, maybe its working :)

TonyR
26-07-2015, 14:55
I can try, but I also wanted to record it directly with shadowplay... My computer might be exploding, but I will do some test-streams in 1 hour, maybe its working :)

I once tried to record to hdd with shadowplay and stream with obs. It was okay as long as I was alone on a server. With many drivers it got quite laggy. Can be different on your system but I don't recommend it (actually I don't want to be responsible if you can't drive properly because of streaming :P )

I only have a AMD 8350 though.