PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

t0daY
26-07-2015, 14:57
I once tried to record to hdd with shadowplay and stream with obs. It was okay as long as I was alone on a server. With many drivers it got quite laggy. Can be different on your system but I don't recommend it (actually I don't want to be responsible if you can't drive properly because of streaming :P )

I only have a AMD 8350 though.

I have the AMD 6350 :D :D Then I should forget that :D

Laurens Van Rossem
26-07-2015, 15:15
I'll be streaming to twitch

t0daY
26-07-2015, 15:20
Official second practice session is open. Feel free to join us in teamspeak :) 3 hours to go :)

MelBonkers
26-07-2015, 15:36
Wish I had this level of preparation ;-).

My goal: finish the race :D. Let's start with that first ;-).

BTW: I'll be recording but not streaming.

I tried to do a double stint with the hard tires, but they wear out too much after 35 or so laps.
I was about 1.5 seconds slower than softs for the first stint, but in the second I tended to lose 3-4 seconds, and in the end I lost a lot more time than the 16-17 seconds a tire change takes.
They might do well if you have a tight race and there's around 30 laps left when you have to make your second last pit stop, but even then I think the mediums probably do better.
Well, it was only a one time test, hardly a scientific stduy or Six-Sigma material, more tests are needed to be sure, but for now I think it looks like the hard tires are not worth considering.

So, I did another test with the medium tires, with some more practice I can now keep it around 2:00.5xx during the day time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-8ABJ_BrM

The tire pressures were:
Front: 1.76
Rear: 1.62

Laurens Van Rossem
26-07-2015, 15:40
Still haven't found out how to only record pcars audio. Streaming the ts to twitch is a bit wrong..

Mancunain
26-07-2015, 16:06
Still haven't found out how to only record pcars audio. Streaming the ts to twitch is a bit wrong..

Audio without the video i presume yes ? my pc cant record audio via the internals components :/ but depending on your pc compenents, if your soundcard is good enough, it may have recording capabilities.. then you can use something like Audacity or other audio editors to record.. and if you can manage to set up ts3's output thro different speakers, you can isolate the games audio and set the audio editors to record that certain output..

apparently, you can do it nowadays anyway.. im still old-school :)
http://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to-record-the-sound-coming-from-your-pc-even-without-stereo-mix/

or do u mean when streaming live, you dont want ts audio on twitch b'cos some ppl dont like it ?
usually the software has options.. but i dont use twitch so no idea there.. if not you'd have to split the audio outputs thro your pc, say mic & ts only outputs via headphones, and game sound thro external speakers maybe ? crap for you as you';d have one earphone on like a dj xD
it depends on your rig and any available options you have//

Blackvault
26-07-2015, 16:08
The excitement is building

miagi
26-07-2015, 18:46
Sorry guys, I had 19:00 UTC in mind. Couldn't really make it earlier anyway :P
How did it come that you started at 20:45 ?!

TonyR
26-07-2015, 19:02

It was 18utc because it's 2.4 hours.

ZiggyUK
26-07-2015, 19:35
Lights do not need to be turned on until the TRACK LIGHTs are on

Once the track lights are on then drivers must turn on their lights

ZiggyUK
26-07-2015, 19:36
You must not SIT & WAIT and block the pit entrance lane

ZiggyUK
26-07-2015, 19:39
Unlucky Laurens with the fuel

cluck
26-07-2015, 19:47
Here's a top tip for those using an Oculus Rift .... don't try and adjust its position on your head with your right hand as you might accidentally switch it off. Not that I just did that whilst going flat through Eau Rouge, oh no, that would be silly :stupid:

Laurens Van Rossem
26-07-2015, 19:48
I justed waisted two days in this pos game trying to win a race. I lost my pole position in qually because apperently it's too hard to lake that work half decent. Anyway, I recovered and got myself a nice 20s lead over P2, while also managing my fuel perfectly. I put a pit request in and a minute later it said box occupied. I tried to do another lap on 1l of fuel but when I ran out, I got sent back to the box and couldn't drive out. I have no idea why I still play pcars right now, I haven't been able to finish a single race in months because the damn thing keeps crashing or comming up with bugs like this. At least ma car could have waited behind the currently boxing car. Spa has 60+ pitboxes and even with as little as 32 cars on track (we were promised 64) it bugged out like this.
Anyway, here's my replay:
http://www.twitch.tv/unicorn__plays/v/8633989 start at 43:50
My apologies for the slightly aggresive overtaking at first, but it wouldn't have been neccessairy if the bloody game worked...

oh, and a heartrate graph, race started around minute 40

p.s. thx anyway to the people organising these races, at least some people are trying to make mp work

Mancunain
26-07-2015, 20:05
Sorry for quitting out guys.. i really got annoyed after the pit stop, it was a different car and so erratic.. i'd spent a few hours today sorting trye pressures for day/night and had them ok at 85-90 all around (average).. i also set my practice run to do 10x progression, and it went dusk/colder after around 9/10laps... tonights race, although was identical set up, seemed to go longer with daylight/temp, and tyre temps were 5-10 less than my practice (i;d set same weather etc)
Anyway, race started, 1st lap someone went wide so i tried to undertake him on the large left sweeper, caught the kerb, spun and that was me at the back and miles away right at start again :( but i wasnt put off by that, just mad at myself again for bad starts... i caught up 2 or 3 and gained a couple of places until i had to pit at lap10

i'd had a couple of small bumps (by 2x LMP's overtaking at strange place :/) and pitted early anyway.. no harm done... but on leaving pits, i did 2 warm up laps and noticing car was a little wayward.. tyres i presumed, but they warmed up ok, slightly less than my practice (same pressures tho), but at high speeds it was like i'd got a rear flat.. snaking about and any time i pressed braked (hairline pressure) i'd do a 180 or 360 instantly..
bias balance i thought, but how the hell had it changed so dramatically ?? i have bias set to keys so tapped it to front 2x.. still happening, tapped again 2x, still locking up/spinning out.. tapped many times, still did it, so went extreme the pother way thinking i;'d got keys mixed up, still did it... this had put me over 2mins behind (after others had pitted) and my head was going and i'd become a liability at bends due to this... wtf happened to my car?

Mirko Tartarotti
26-07-2015, 20:52
6 pit stops, 2 totally unuseful because the pitlane was busy.. Apart this the race was very interesting until my TS connection has lost so I couldn't hear anything more from you guys.. I tried my best to watch everything on my mirror but it was very hard while I was trying to connect with my phone to TS again. My driving style became too unstable for a safe race, so I decided to quit.

Greetings to Zsolt for GT3, very good time.. I think I could try to fight with you, but you had a more consistent pace. I tried to follow you even when you overlapped me, and at a certain point of the race I was quite consistent on time but not on line.. A lot of mistakes..

Stevie_F
26-07-2015, 21:16
Post race results

Stevie_F
26-07-2015, 21:20
Lap times

Twiggy145
26-07-2015, 21:22
Fantastic Race Guys Well Done. Non Stop Action, Really Chuffed with 2nd in the GT3's. Well done Today.

BumperCarrotNL
26-07-2015, 21:24
good race, a 2.4H race really is intensive.

i made it till 3 laps before the end becouse my internet connection just gave up :/ other wise i probably would have finished 13th in LMP2. but yeah other than that. it was a great race for me :)

MelBonkers
26-07-2015, 21:29
Can't believe we did it! I'm dead! Everything hurts! Will upload my recording later this week and send you all a link. This was insane, bonkers, crazy.....and all of that at the same time. Thanx all for a great race. And apologies to all the people for the hairy moments :D

NemethR
26-07-2015, 21:31
WoW guys, that was a very nice race.

For me it was not a good race, but I still enjoyed it a lot.
Hope we will do similar races in the future.

This game looks nice, and all, but when the sun goes down, and the lights go on, that is when this game really shines, its just beautyful.

2 things that I wanted to say about todays race:

1st: Its very nice to see, that there were almost no issues with laping slower cars, that shows, that everyone is looking into the rear view mirror, and the guys in the faster cars respect the guys in the slower cars. This is where TGC really earns his name "The GENTLEMEN's club"

2nd thing that I wanted to say is how much I enjoyed the race, because there was always something going on, either I batteled with someone, or I laped someone, or I got laped, seriously I was never alone on the racetrack for more then 20 sec. This was such a nice thing, I hope we will do such multi class races in the future.

Thank you all guys!

Pamellaaa
26-07-2015, 21:40
Very very enjoyable race, thanks to all who attended. I was pleasantly surprised with my consistency overall and I am quite happy with 4th in class, I think it could have even been 3rd if it wasn't for an unfortunate incident where Stinger lagged to a complete stop in front of my car forcing me into an extra pit stop towards the end of the race, without that I could have just made it to the end on my fuel load and would have been much closer to Elmo when he came out after his final stop.

Either way that was a huge amount of fun - I am shocked that I don't feel as tired as I normally do after racing either.

t0daY
26-07-2015, 21:43
Amazing job guys. WE DID IT!! 2,4 Hours of Spa is ours! :)

It was a really awesome race (the only fact Laurens dropped out was sad (well he had the OP P30 :D played actually into my cards) because I think that would be a good battle into the end of the race :)
Another thing was the bad start with the DS. Still not fixed to 100%, lets wait for further updates, the DS-software is still "work-in-progress". Also that the time wasnt the correct one the first 2 times was really strange :(

But in the end, I really enjoyed the race, dazze almost catched me but his screwed pitstop denied the battle between us. Ended up on first place, I am quite happy :) :) :) :) :)
I hope in the future we get more drivers for such events, because the discsussions about "split the lobby" - "split not the lobby" was kinda annoying...
If everybody would have sign up straight without any thoughts, we had over 45 drivers and 2 almost full lobbies with even more fun :)

See ya on wednesday guys :)

Mancunain
26-07-2015, 22:08
Grats to the winners of their classes :applause:

wodm
26-07-2015, 22:09
Still haven't found out how to only record pcars audio. Streaming the ts to twitch is a bit wrong..have your game sound and ts sound play through different output devices, have your stream only pick up on one of them. I have my game and communication sounds both play through my headset but if streaming, i would play game sound through speakers and have the stream only capture that.

ZiggyUK
26-07-2015, 23:03
Can I ask all those that Stream or put up videos they that stop leaving passwords visible.

I know we change these passwords regularly but it is still better not to have these shown in a public forum.

Thank you

t0daY
27-07-2015, 04:30

We started a bit earlier, then we had 15minutes qualy. After that we had to restart 3 times I guess, because everytime something else did not work :/

I missed you at the race, thought you gonna participate no matter what :O I totally wanted to crash äääh race with you ;) :D Maybe on wednesday :)

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 06:35
Great race everyone and we did it! We raced 2.4 hours!

I was completely knackered after the event. For some reason my internet dropped after crossing the finishing line and due to that I wasn't classified :( I finished in 18th place IIRC.

I recorded the entire event so I'll be doing a short highlights video from my perspective for you all.

Pete

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 07:42
Lights do not need to be turned on until the TRACK LIGHTs are on

Once the track lights are on then drivers must turn on their lights

Why not. Having you're lights on, all the time, like I do, means that you don't need worry about them. We had one driver, can't remember who, who didn't switch his on as he thought it was bright enough. Having them run all the time would mean that they wouldn't have had to be asked. Or at least these are my thoughts.

Can I ask all those that Stream or put up videos they that stop leaving passwords visible.

I know we change these passwords regularly but it is still better not to have these shown in a public forum.

Thank you

Its easy enough to trim the footage on YouTube videos but I suppose most people's Twitch streaming is already running by the time they enter the game. And the risk of alt-tabbing once in the lobby to start the streaming is asking for trouble.

Wonder if we could request a feature for Project Cars to **** out the password box when inputting the data. That would mean streams could be started prior to entering the lobby.

Pete

Laurens Van Rossem
27-07-2015, 08:21
Wonder if we could request a feature for Project Cars to **** out the password box when inputting the data. That would mean streams could be started prior to entering the lobby.
Pete
that + enter should work as well....

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 08:27
that + enter should work as well....

Yeah. Doesn't stop the password being called out on TeamSpeak though lol

Pete

STINGER_LP
27-07-2015, 10:19
Very intense, exhausting and full of action race! Great experience! That was my second such a long race and the first muliclass with such duration. Despite I came last (although I lacked 1 more lap to be second to last ;)) I enjoyed the race. The was some spin outs, crashes, a bunch of pit stops, all the action. I've learned a lot and found a lot of things to work on of my racing.

But I want to point out two things that could be improved the next time we do such a race:

1) There should be more clear clarification upon how we are going to do the starting procedure in multiclass race with qualifying prior to the actual start. Because this time we did qualifying, then a bunch of session restarts, and then we started the formation lap in random positions (like we do in all NCC races) but quite a few guys just overtook some of us during formation therefore broke the initial random order. I'm not saying this because I've lost something because of this, or that this affected my overall race (I've done a lot my own mistakes to be placed last in the final standings). I'm saying that this brought some unnecessary confusion to the race. From my perspective, there should be only two situations: either we forming up from those positions that we got randomly, or we forming up by qualifying results by naming each of the participants one by one in each class by race director. Anything else is just not serious. I clearly remember Ziggy's direction - no overtaking during formation.

2) I've actually experienced some the lack of respect from LMP1 and LPM2 driver for GT3 drivers during overtaking/lapping. There were a few situation where guys in faster class just came up from behind, flashed their headlights/notified via TS (not always) that they're behind (like for the sake of protocol) and just went overtaking no matter do a driver in front battling for position or not, or in which place of the track we all are - either you can safely overtake in that corner or not, just went through. There were at least 2 identical situations with me where I had been overtaken from the inside in that fast almost flatout corner before the Bus stop (#17, I guess) - I approaching the corner, trying to manage my racing line and preparing for a correct apex, and then LPM1/2 drive came out and went right inside that corner, when I started turning to apex, pushing me or causing me go out of track either way to avoid crash... That's just not right, you can't overtake in that corner. Especially that way. The faster more experienced drivers should remember that not all of us a so experienced and that we're just learning yet, as I said, for me that was a 2nd 2.4h race and like 3rd multiclass I guess. As for the rest, that was a good clean race.

And I'm sorry if I caused problems for some of you. There was situation where I just spun out or lost control for a short time and couldn't do anything other than what I did. Sorry Pamellaaa.
Thank you all for this experience!

Gopher04
27-07-2015, 10:37
Why not. Having you're lights on, all the time, like I do, means that you don't need worry about them. We had one driver, can't remember who, who didn't switch his on as he thought it was bright enough. Having them run all the time would mean that they wouldn't have had to be asked. Or at least these are my thoughts.

I tend to run with lights on all the time as well, and I sure couldn't wait until the tracks lights switched on as the track becomes to dark, also don't forget all monitors and the way people set graphics all vary per PC, and bad cockpit exposure with Pcars, some drivers can run longer without lights as they use a external view which has a really good exposure, I just can't drive in a external view, and it's not like they are getting dazzled by the light in the rear view.

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 10:48
I tend to run with lights on all the time as well, and I sure couldn't wait until the tracks lights switched on as the track becomes to dark, also don't forget all monitors and the way people set graphics all vary per PC, and bad cockpit exposure with Pcars, some drivers can run longer without lights as they use a external view which has a really good exposure, I just can't drive in a external view, and it's not like they are getting dazzled by the light in the rear view.

I agree mate. The driver that hadn't them on, said that he could see and while that was probably true it was more a case of being seen rather than seeing.

I think the rule for the TGC could be amended to have lights on all the time, with maybe the exception of being on the grid to ensure that the FPS isn't do bad.

Pete

Pamellaaa
27-07-2015, 11:12
And I'm sorry if I caused problems for some of you. There was situation where I just spun out or lost control for a short time and couldn't do anything other than what I did. Sorry Pamellaaa.
Thank you all for this experience!

No worries about this mate, to my knowledge the only time I had an incident with you it looked like lag from my point of view, you were driving normally a fair way up the road, then you were stationary in front of me and then as soon as I hit you you were up the road again driving normally. No-ones fault and just one of those things.

gaiser91
27-07-2015, 11:31
First of all, i want to thank everyone for the fantastic and spectacular race.

Congratulations to the winner of each class, but in particular to Zsolt!!

Great battle with Twiggy for the second position (sry for the bus stop :) ) but he did it at the end.

Probably i wasnt fast as Zsolt, but i've prepared this race only yesterday in the last afternoon (after a heavy saturday-night ;) ).

We will see you soon on the track!

t0daY
27-07-2015, 12:15

Hello Gentlemen,

This wednesday we are going to Ruapuna, New Zealand with the Group A cars.

Date: 29th July 2015
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Warm Up: 5 minutes
Race: 1+44 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 8:00, starting with clear conditions with no big changes.
Weather progression: 1x
Time progression: 1x

Driving Aids: Real,that means adjustable ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after the “Cookram Nissan” turn.

Please ignore the "Dipper" turns, we are racing with the "Dunlop Straight" layout.

The Gentlemen’s Club says hello to New Zealand and welcome to Project Cars :)

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 12:17
Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this one. I'm packing my wheel back up in preparation of moving house.

Good luck all!

Pete

wodm
27-07-2015, 12:27

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday we are going to Ruapuna, New Zealand with the Group A cars.

Weather & Time ingame: 8:00, starting with clear conditions with no big changes.
Weather progression: 2x
Time progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real,that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after the “Dipper” turn.

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daYSunday or wednesday? pictur and text say different things... i assume Wednesday

t0daY
27-07-2015, 12:30
Sunday or wednesday? pictur and text say different things... i assume Wednesday

Its wednesday, it was a test and you passed it! :D :D :D (edited the post)

TonyR
27-07-2015, 12:41

Hello Gentlemen,

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after the “Dipper” turn.

Greetings,

If it's multi-class, what are the classes? Ford vs BMW/Merc?

t0daY
27-07-2015, 12:50
If it's multi-class, what are the classes? Ford vs BMW/Merc?

Already updated the poster, selected the wrong one... I am still exhausted from yesterdays race, be patient with me :D

javoresku
27-07-2015, 13:13
Do I need the DLC to participate?

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 13:15

In theory you shouldn't. I answered a similar question on another forum about this today. So long as the host has the DLC you should be able to select it while in their lobby.

Pete

Giovtec
27-07-2015, 13:18

basically you already have the track, you just need to unlocked, but if the host use any of those DLC's you can use them as well "only online", (track and cars).

I think :rolleyes:

t0daY
27-07-2015, 13:18

No you dont need the DLC to participate, already tested :) One problem could be, you can not train on the track obviously :D I will try to make as many as possible training sessions, that everyone, without the DLC, got the chance to do some setup work and get used to the track :)

Neil Bateman
27-07-2015, 13:36
Yet another pit stop that went wrong, no idea why but after 4 attempts to change tyres i gave up, no idea what was going on but it was like driving in the wet on slicks after i stopped, i either had no tyres, the wrong tyres or the right tyres with messed up pressures, fuel worked ok but i checked and double checked everything was correct to get soft tyres with the correct pressures but to no avail, also just after the 1st pit stop my wheel started playing up and was rattling on the kemmel straight, nowhere else, and it seemed i was having to turn it further to make the corners, not sure if related but either way i had to retire.

Was running a comfortable second in class but just wasn't worth carrying on driving round so slowly.

Sadly will miss the next 2 races due to shifts at work so see you all in a week.

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 13:38
Yet another pit stop that went wrong, no idea why but after 4 attempts to change tyres i gave up, no idea what was going on but it was like driving in the wet on slicks after i stopped, i either had no tyres, the wrong tyres or the right tyres with messed up pressures, fuel worked ok but i checked and double checked everything was correct to get soft tyres with the correct pressures but to no avail, also just after the 1st pit stop my wheel started playing up and was rattling on the kemmel straight, nowhere else, and it seemed i was having to turn it further to make the corners, not sure if related but either way i had to retire.

Was running a comfortable second in class but just wasn't worth carrying on driving round so slowly.

Sadly will miss the next 2 races due to shifts at work so see you all in a week.

Shame mate. The old Bentley pit crew messed up.

#BentleyBoys

Pete

NemethR
27-07-2015, 13:43

Hello Gentlemen,

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after the “Cookram Nissan” turn.

Please ignore the "Dipper" turns, we are racing with the "Dunlop Straight" layout.

Greetings,

Count me in :)

t0daY
27-07-2015, 13:46
Count me in :)

There is a special rule on wednesday. Every NemethR in TGC cannot attend to the Ruapuna race... I am so sorry mate :D :D :D ;)

Gopher04
27-07-2015, 14:06
Already updated the poster, selected the wrong one... I am still exhausted from yesterdays race, be patient with me :D

Exhausted..what wrong with you lot, you all a bunch of pansies..:chargrined:

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 14:09

My arms were a little sore and stiff after the race :(

Pete

NemethR
27-07-2015, 14:11
There is a special rule on wednesday. Every NemethR in TGC cannot attend to the Ruapuna race... I am so sorry mate :D :D :D ;)

Hmm, seems like I have to Marry someone quickly, and take her name, and then rename my profile according to it, and I got 48 hours to do it. :D

PerFixAlot
27-07-2015, 14:13
I had a good time with the race last night, pretty satisfied overall with everything as I think completing the race is in itself an achievement. A bit of luck is required too, as in the real races some things are just out of our control, I was almost expecting to run into some issue causing a crash, internet drop out, power cut, or something, with such a long race.

Looking at the real races the attrition rate for TGC races isn't that bad at all, though it always sucks when a technical problem ruins your race.

I felt I could have done better based on my tests in Quick Race, but there is always a bit of mental overhead in the online races because I tend to overthink the situations and constantly overanalyze what is going on in team speak. It's the same with my work, I hate doing anything over the phone, somehow my brain can't process chat without having to create a visual representation of what is going on and that takes a toll on brain power for other activities. The headlight flashing thing also had me a bit distracted, I used to have it mapped to a key on the keyboard, but had to map it to a button on the wheel for this race. I often forgot about and had to keep telling myself to do it as I recalled it after passing someone.

Mainly I think I was slower than I should be because I was having trouble getting the right approach to overtaking the slower cars. I practiced quite a bit with the AI, but multiclass races in Quick Races doesn't include any GT3 cars, and I often misjudged the braking, acceleration, as well as driving line of the slower cars when I was lapping them. I would be nice if we could specify opponent classes in Quick Race, but for now I suppose I simply need to practice multiclass online races more, but they don't seem to be so easy to find.

I also didn't see the pit occupied warning on my second pit stop, so went through the pit lane without any refueling, and had only 2.1L of fuel for another lap. I managed to safely make it through though and apart from that I think I had no other glitches as such.

Overall it was a incredible and fun learning experience, and I hope we will have more of these marathon events.

Here's my video (still being processed at the moment, so only available in low resolution for now):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZBc0j5oD4

My EskiMother and faThor are making a pit stop at my place on their way to Greenland, so I have no time for racing this week.

I haven't even tested this track yet, so I look forward to seeing some videos, at least I might learn the basic racing line by proxy.

t0daY
27-07-2015, 14:26

You didnt even attend to the race, so pshhhh :p :D

Gopher04
27-07-2015, 14:40
No your right I didn't, but after watching streams and broadcast of the race then it becomes self explanatory, you could not run a league with the way overtaking/lapping are been done and along exceeding track limits continuously, and you still are calling green..along with still so many problems revolving around Pcars itself.

t0daY
27-07-2015, 14:53
No your right I didn't, but after watching streams and broadcast of the race then it becomes self explanatory, you could not run a league with the way overtaking/lapping are been done and along exceeding track limits continuously, and you still are calling green..along with still so many problems revolving around Pcars itself.

We are all here to learn, for many people it was their first big multiclass event. We can all learn from our mistakes, I am looking forward to the next race :) But thank you for your input :)

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 15:00
I'm doing my video work and commentary on the highlights clip tonight.

Might get it uploaded tonight.

Pete

Mancunain
27-07-2015, 15:50

yeah, similar to my issues.. , apart from what seemed to be extreme braking pressures i was crying about, i too had weird occurrences on straights, like a flat rear tyre on some laps (left to right pulling on its own), or broken suspension on another lap (rattling/vibrations), no contact from what i remember.. i did go over the final chicanes entry kerb tho, but thats such slow speed it couldnt have snapped anything surely.. and i also got the 'turning more in corner' issue..

MikeyTT
27-07-2015, 16:42
Grp A in NZ :)

I'll make sure I have my racing socks washed and ready for that then. 99% sure I can make Wed night...

Will Fly
27-07-2015, 16:57
picked up some damage to my steering pitted
and came out with this mad vibration that i put up with for the last 45 min or so
what it was i dont know but will try lowering the setting Zolt said move default from 200 to 100
and see what happens

on the upside had a great wank after :cool:
forgot im to old.

ZiggyUK
27-07-2015, 18:43

It was Nemeth and he was in his rights not to turn on his lights until the track lights come on. Once the tracks lights are on then yes he MUST turn on his lights.

We have always had the upper class (in last nights case the LMP1) run with their lights on from lap 2 of a race (day or night) as an easy indication that they are most definitely lapping. Other vehicles turning lights on when they want to (usually before the track lights but not always).

You prefer to have your lights on all the time - then fine that is your decision. If Nemeth prefers to not run with his lights on until the track lights come on - then fine that is his decision. It is only when it is specifically specified in the SR that a class must run the whole race with their lights on that they have no option.

ZiggyUK
27-07-2015, 18:47
I agree mate. The driver that hadn't them on, said that he could see and while that was probably true it was more a case of being seen rather than seeing.

I think the rule for the TGC could be amended to have lights on all the time, with maybe the exception of being on the grid to ensure that the FPS isn't do bad.

Pete

and everybody's races stutter and crash due to low FPS ...

During a wet race maybe, but no not all the time, that is just not required.

javoresku
27-07-2015, 18:53
The TGC rules document that Ziggy sent me when I joined said that headlights should be off, with the only exception being you are allowed to flash your headlights before lapping a slow car.

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 18:58
It was Nemeth and he was in his rights not to turn on his lights until the track lights come on. Once the tracks lights are on then yes he MUST turn on his lights.

We have always had the upper class (in last nights case the LMP1) run with their lights on from lap 2 of a race (day or night) as an easy indication that they are most definitely lapping. Other vehicles turning lights on when they want to (usually before the track lights but not always).

You prefer to have your lights on all the time - then fine that is your decision. If Nemeth prefers to not run with his lights on until the track lights come on - then fine that is his decision. It is only when it is specifically specified in the SR that a class must run the whole race with their lights on that they have no option.

But I don't think that a driver should choose when the put them on, as the exposure of the game is so bad in places that just because he feels doesn't need the lights on, doesn't mean that other drivers can see him. He did argue the bit out during the race and ended up but he could have already had an accident by that time. Asking a driver to turn their nights on during a race is totally unnecessary and why I asked could the rule amended not telling but I think it should need looked at.

Also the comment about the everybody's race stuttering and crashing due to low FPS is bull. During a wet race have your lights on? Hmm won't that kill the FPS even more...

Pete

Gopher04
27-07-2015, 18:58
The TGC rules document that Ziggy sent me when I joined said that headlights should be off, with the only exception being you are allowed to flash your headlights before lapping a slow car.

Well might be, but if you want to have them on then you should be allowed, which Ziggy has said is ok, I always run with them as on most cars I can't even see the dash display. As for the point Pete brought, if drivers are asked by other drivers if they can switch on their lights because other drivers can't see them back or front, then they should just do it, no matter if that driver can still see clearly enough..

ZiggyUK
27-07-2015, 19:11
The rules on "Lighting" that both the existing TGC members agreed to whilst driving within previous leagues and the "NCC" have been given are as follows:-

the lapping car may flash his headlights a couple of times when he is within 200 metres of the car he is lapping. TeamSpeak is also an alternative depending on which TS channel the drivers are in.

FLASHING HEADLIGHTS: You may not use your headlights as a distraction technic. Headlight flashing is reserved for lapping manoeuvres only as specified under 14.4.0 above.

As previously stated at times specific instructions have been given in the SR of a race to use or not use headlights.

Roel de Meulder
27-07-2015, 19:19
Looks like an interesting race. I will be there!

I guess that gives me enough time to get familiar with the layout of this track, and to sort out my shifter. (I'm pretty sure my fanatec shifter still doesn't work well with these cars, which will mean gearbox damage and misshifts I can't afford in a 44 lap race.)

As a funny detail, I will be competing from the old Zeeland (the Zeeland that makes New Zealand new)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeeland

javoresku
27-07-2015, 19:28
Just a reminder for those who like it realistic and have a "H-shifter" - the BMW E30 M3 has a dog-leg shift pattern.

Puffpirat
27-07-2015, 19:38
Hope I'm well again on Wednesday, just love the Bimmer :)

Photonenbert
27-07-2015, 19:59
Just a reminder for those who like it realistic and have a "H-shifter" - the BMW E30 M3 has a dog-leg shift pattern.

weird that I have never ever thought of changing the shift pattern for certain cars. yes its a pain in the ass but surely pays off. would be a great if the game did it for you.

AlexOki
27-07-2015, 20:02
Hey Guys sorry I missed this one but unfortunately came down with the flu, 2.4 hours racing with blocked nose, headache (not the small one), Overall body pain would just cause havoc among the rest. Should be able to make Wednesdays race though. Seeya soon.

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 21:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a68tJCDlLts

Here is my 10 minute video
My first ever time doing a commentary, its crap but I hope you enjoy. I plan to do more so any comments/suggestions welcome.

Pete

ZiggyUK
27-07-2015, 21:28
Just one thing I noticed in Pete's video > the TGC does not call green,green,green at the beginning of a rolling start (not Pete's commentary btw).

No rolling start is announced by the pole position car any longer and hasn't been for a short while now.

@Pete: you need to turn your commentary up a bit as sometimes it gets drowned out by the TS chats.

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 21:29
Just one thing I noticed in Pete's video > the TGC does not call green,green,green at the beginning of a rolling start (not Pete's commentary btw).

No rolling start is announced by the pole position car any longer and hasn't been for a short while now.

The LMP1/2 were but GT was. I called it in the video for our class.

Pete

ZiggyUK
27-07-2015, 21:31
The LMP1/2 were but GT was. I called it in the video for our class.

Pete

Elmo & I decided a while ago that we would drop the Green,green,green. The TGC-GEN were the first to test this and as this worked so well we are teaching the new NCC that there is no longer a call.

I understood your commentary part ok, that makes sense. It was a TS voice in the background.

Pamellaaa
27-07-2015, 21:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a68tJCDlLts

My first ever time doing a commentary, its crap but I hope you enjoy. I plan to do more so any comments/suggestions welcome.

Pete

Loved it, glad my lockup and slide into you when lapping didn't make the cut and my last lapping incident of the race did ;)

In future if your recording software will record two seperate audio feeds it would be good if you could reduce the TS volume while your commentary was on, at times it was a little hard to differentiate the between the two (or more) people speaking. EDIt: Ziggy beat me to this one.

Great to see me involved a couple of times, it was a hugely enjoyable race and its excellent to re-live part of it, thanks :)

Blackvault
27-07-2015, 21:43
Loved it, glad my lockup and slide into you when lapping didn't make the cut and my last lapping incident of the race did ;)

In future if your recording software will record two seperate audio feeds it would be good if you could reduce the TS volume while your commentary was on, at times it was a little hard to differentiate the between the two (or more) people speaking.

Thanks mate. Yeah I need to do just turn it down a little in post. First one so I'm still learning, thanks for the suggestion though.

ZiggyUK
27-07-2015, 21:44
I'll sort out a watermark for you guys to use in your YT videos if you want

t0daY
27-07-2015, 21:45
*double post*

t0daY
27-07-2015, 21:46

Pete

Love it :) Great work :)

Twiggy145
27-07-2015, 22:10
Elmo & I decided a while ago that we would drop the Green,green,green. The TGC-GEN were the first to test this and as this worked so well we are teaching the new NCC that there is no longer a call.

I understood your commentary part ok, that makes sense. It was a TS voice in the background.

Ziggy, I never heard of this I don't believe this was cascaded down to us down the line. Not a complaint but just a comment that changes like this should be cascaded down to the members as these are essential rule changes. In groups like this communication is key. Just an email would be great.

Alex Hobbs
27-07-2015, 22:18
Ziggy, I never heard of this I don't believe this was cascaded down to us down the line. Not a complaint but just a comment that changes like this should be cascaded down to the members as these are essential rule changes. In groups like this communication is key. Just an email would be great.

It hasn't gotten into the proper sessions yet as I haven't been around properly yet :)

falcon2081
27-07-2015, 22:25
Great racing from everybody! Shame I couldn't be there but vacation is just too sweet right now lol. Can't wait to be come back though.

Stevie_F
27-07-2015, 23:32
Took the Sierra out and I'm getting an average of 1.26's with my best being a high 1.25. I haven't made alot of adjustments yet, only changed the tyre pressures for optimum grip and changed the waste-gate and brake bias. Still more to do so hopefully I can get the times down with all the other settings to play with.

Looking forward to this one too as I really like the layout of the track, don't ask me corner names though as I am clueless.

Anyone else taking the Sierra? Or are you all German fan boys? ;)

Papa H
28-07-2015, 05:22
Took the Sierra out and I'm getting an average of 1.26's with my best being a high 1.25. I haven't made alot of adjustments yet, only changed the tyre pressures for optimum grip and changed the waste-gate and brake bias. Still more to do so hopefully I can get the times down with all the other settings to play with.

Looking forward to this one too as I really like the layout of the track, don't ask me corner names though as I am clueless.

I'll give the Sierra a try when i get back from work.......

NemethR
28-07-2015, 06:25
But I don't think that a driver should choose when the put them on, as the exposure of the game is so bad in places that just because he feels doesn't need the lights on, doesn't mean that other drivers can see him. He did argue the bit out during the race and ended up but he could have already had an accident by that time.

Pete

The funny thing was, that the track for me was completely bright, like driving at daylight, this si why I haven't turned on my lights,
as they did no difference. I argued, because I did not understand why you could not see me in total sunlight (basicly daylight).

Then when someone else complained too, I turned them on, nevertheless, but it was another 10-12 laps before I would have turned them on,
because the low light.

I am not sure, that the light levels are the same for every driver, if yes, then I wonder why some don't see me in bright sunlight.
Also note: Only 2 people complained about my lights being not on, and we were 32 at the start, so that makes me think even more, that some experience different light conditions, then others.

I might be wrong too, but again, it was not some crazy strategy, it was just tat I totally did not feel I shuld turn them on, as it was quite bright on the track.

miagi
28-07-2015, 07:08

You may not disbalance the Group A class by upping the Waste Gate Pressure to whatever you like!!!

cluck
28-07-2015, 07:13
I took all 3 out for a few laps in time trial last night and they are all very different cars to drive

BMW - slowest of the three (I was 2s slower) but feels like it is going to be the easiest to drive for a lot of laps
Mercedes - all I remember was changing gear constantly. Default setup in time trial overheated the front right tyre quite quickly
Ford Sierra - despite feeling the 'laziest' engine it was the quickest car. Need to keep on your toes when the boost kicks in with slight lock on the steering

All that said, I'm not going to take part in this race. I do not know the track (or the cars) well enough to race that combo - there is simply no way I'm going to be able to concentrate on the track and those around me. As such, I fear I will be the instigator of much carnage.

Looking forward to the videos of the race though :).

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise if any of my overtaking on Sunday was out of order. I am going to stick to the slower class cars in multi-class races in the future. I just feel more comfortable overtaking cars (if I can) in my own class :).

Pamellaaa
28-07-2015, 07:17
The funny thing was, that the track for me was completely bright, like driving at daylight, this si why I haven't turned on my lights,
as they did no difference. I argued, because I did not understand why you could not see me in total sunlight (basicly daylight).

Then when someone else complained too, I turned them on, nevertheless, but it was another 10-12 laps before I would have turned them on,
because the low light.

I am not sure, that the light levels are the same for every driver, if yes, then I wonder why some don't see me in bright sunlight.
Also note: Only 2 people complained about my lights being not on, and we were 32 at the start, so that makes me think even more, that some experience different light conditions, then others.

I might be wrong too, but again, it was not some crazy strategy, it was just tat I totally did not feel I shuld turn them on, as it was quite bright on the track.

Did you save the replay? If so have a look on Pete's vid to check what lap he was on and grab a couple of screenshots - would be good to see the difference.

Yorkie065
28-07-2015, 07:20

because the low light.

I think there could be a possible de-sync between players with weather and brightness. It's something that is or has been an issue with 90% of the games that have variable weather in online races that I have played so it wouldn't surprise me. Also as other people have mentioned in the thread on previous pages, people running different brightness levels on their monitors, and different monitors etc will alter how bright it looks. Obviously not an amazing amount as you'd still be able to tell that it's daylight or night time, but some may not need the lights until a lot lot later in the night than others.

I think in the future, it might be an idea to have lights on after lap 2 or 3 of a race if it is due to go into poor or night conditions later for all drivers so that once they are on, people don't need to worry about it and any FPS issues at the start in the big pack would be reduced. Even if the race is starting in clear conditions in the daylight, at least when the light does start to drop, people can see each others lights no matter whether the game looks light or dark. Obviously have them on if it's dark or raining at the start of a race. And if the conditions are daylight and will be clear or have good visibility all race, then it should be up to the driver if they want to have their lights on or not.

NemethR
28-07-2015, 08:01
Did you save the replay? If so have a look on Pete's vid to check what lap he was on and grab a couple of screenshots - would be good to see the difference.

I normally don't save the replays, I did not save it this time either.

Maybe, it would be a good idea to do it as Yorkie said, OR, have someone call out:
"All drivers need to, switch the lights on, now"

TonyR
28-07-2015, 08:24
You may not disbalance the Group A class by upping the Waste Gate Pressure to whatever you like!!!

Some weeks ago I practiced with friends for a Group A race at Snetterton, the Sierra is at least 1 sec faster than the other two, even on default waste gate pressure.

That's why I was almost a fan of TodaY's "multi-class" thing before it turned out to be a mistake.

Of course it's harder to drive but with a little practice you can just drive by the other cars.

NemethR
28-07-2015, 08:33
Some weeks ago I practiced with friends for a Group A race at Snetterton, the Sierra is at least 1 sec faster than the other two, even on default waste gate pressure.

That's why I was almost a fan of TodaY's "multi-class" thing before it turned out to be a mistake.

Of course it's harder to drive but with a little practice you can just drive by the other cars.

I tested those cars on some tracks:

Donington
Zolder
Nürburgring

BMW M3 E30
1:11,243
1:42,210
2:08,765

Ford Sierra RS500
1:12,275
1:44,084
2:08,762

Mercedes 190E Evo II
1:12,028
1:43,409
2:10,010

So for me, the Sierra is way not so much dominant.
I have triven these times in Time Trial mode, with each car I driven 3 fast laps, and the best time is recorded.
(I try to compare the cars on different tracks, with default setups.)

Hellbringer
28-07-2015, 10:28
Hi guys!

Been working a ton lately so haven't raced since the GEN badge was awarded, and hope to join you guys whis Wednesday at the new track which I just downloaded.

See you soon

MikeyTT
28-07-2015, 11:09

Oh!

I ran all 3 last night for about 10 mins each, to try and decide on the weapon of choice. I'm still learning the track, but I was sat in the 1:30 - 1:31 range with the default setup @ 8am in FP. Sierra I was quickest in (low 1:30, dipped to high 1:29), but the BMW and Merc were evenly matched for me. The Mercs tyres never lifted out of the blue, but the Sierra did after about 3 laps. The merc felt the nicest to drive, the most stable and has the better front end. But how many gear changes?! I'm practically driving one handed with the H-shifter hooked up.

I have a hell of a lot of time to find then to be even close to a 1:26, Jeepers !!

Stevie_F
28-07-2015, 12:27

I actually lowered the waste gate Miagi! It's a technical circuit so I'd rather be comfortable around corners than full throttle and burning rubber :)

Mancunain
28-07-2015, 14:41

because the low light.

it may have been just certain parts of the track at dusk... when i heard the comments, it was still daylight for me, only 2 corners were a bit gloomier..

Neil Bateman
28-07-2015, 14:59
Going back to the spa race and my pits, worked out that as i went into the pits and chose view saved, i thought just by clicking on my saved strategy to make some adjustments on the fuel and tyre pressures then click save and close that would do it, as it turns out i did not click on it and make it active first, so i was making adjustments on the strategy and saving it but the game was loading the default strategy which was the active one as i came into the pits. So now i know if you change strategy during a race you have to click once to make it active then select it again to make changes before saving.

How embarrassing.:redface-new:

XiondrapoS
28-07-2015, 15:02
If you wanna go for realism in the whole lights on/off debate the FIA WEC Sporting Regulations state:

60. Lights:
a) Two main headlights (as indicated on the homologation form) and rear lights must be switched on permanently, both by day and by night, when the car is in motion on the track or on the pit lane.
No headlights are allowed to flash when the car is in motion on the pit lane.
Each sequence of flashing headlights on the track needs to be individually requested by the driver without any assistance.
A sequence cannot last more than 2 seconds and cannot have more than 4 flashes.
b) The rear rain light must be switched on permanently when the track has been declared wet, unless the Race Director gives instructions to the contrary.

Source (http://www.fia.com/Regulations/regulation/fia-world-endurance-championship-118)

TonyR
28-07-2015, 15:22
So WEC uses Headlights at all times.

Blancpain GT Series uses them only in Super Pole and wet conditions
http://www.racb.com/fileadmin/default/RACB_SPORT/Sporting_regulation/Blancpain_GT_Series_2015_Sporting_Regulations_S02_low_res.pdf
[91. and "SuperPole"]

and ADAC GT Masters has nothing about Headlights in their Regulations except for the race director message "lights on", where you need to turn it on when given that message
http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/docs/adac-gt-masters/2015/static/100/Reglement_ADAC%20GT%20Masters_2015.pdf

as well as DTM:
http://www.dtm.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/2015-Sportliches-Reglement.pdf

If you search for photos of GT Races maybe half of the field has their headlights on and half hasn't.

Blackvault
28-07-2015, 15:33
So WEC uses Headlights at all times.

http://www.racb.com/fileadmin/default/RACB_SPORT/Sporting_regulation/Blancpain_GT_Series_2015_Sporting_Regulations_S02_low_res.pdf
[91. and "SuperPole"]

and ADAC GT Masters has nothing about Headlights in their Regulations except for the race director message "lights on", where you need to turn it on when given that message
http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/docs/adac-gt-masters/2015/static/100/Reglement_ADAC%20GT%20Masters_2015.pdf

as well as DTM:

If you search for photos of GT Races maybe half of the field has their headlights on and half hasn't.

Seems we have a number of rule books to choose from. I'd was referring to the WEC rule book when I asked for the rule to be amended to always on. However I thought more series would have required them to be on all the time.

Pete

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 16:05
As you guys are finding out, deciding on basic rules and regulations for the TGC can be a real pain in the arse because different series have different ruling. We know from experience that changing rules and regs per series is a no go as drivers do not even remember the basic standard one set of rules & regs.

As you know I base everything we do on the FIA & MSA rules and regulations and just stick by that. If rules and regs between series change I try to find the one that covers the majority of situations. The WEC and F1 have a lot of R&R that are applicable to just them.

So the R&R on mandatory headlights comes from the basic > when the track lights are turned on and during wet/foggy conditions. Also the upper class in a multiclass after lap 2. Very similar to Blancpain GT which was our first ever TGC league series for those that were there.

XiondrapoS
28-07-2015, 16:10
[91. and "SuperPole"]

as well as DTM:

It's quite interesting to see that. In my opinion the WEC Regulations were the most applicable since we were running a 24 hour race with LMP cars.

I'm not too surprised about the ADAC GT Masters and DTM as they don't really run in the dark.

I dug in a bit about the Blancpain GT Series and there are supplementary rules for the 24 Hours of Spa:

5.1 Obligatory Lighting Period
The car’s regulatory lighting system must function during the entire meeting.
The obligatory periods of illumination start at 22.00, and will be announced by the presentation of the "LIGHT"- panel by
the Clerk of the Course, and will end at 06.00 (qualifying and race).
Source (http://www.racb.com/fileadmin/user_upload/24H_SPA__Blancpain_Endurance_Series_-_Supplementary_regulations_-_DEF.pdf)

I certainly see your point Ziggy :)

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 16:19
It's quite interesting to see that. In my opinion the WEC Regulations were the most applicable since we were running a 24 hour race with LMP cars.

I'm not too surprised about the ADAC GT Masters and DTM as they don't really run in the dark.

I dug in a bit about the Blancpain GT Series and there are supplementary rules for the 24 Hours of Spa:

I certainly see your point Ziggy :)

I do my best to keep things as straight as I can for everyone - all internationals to understand but it is of course reasonably hard to do. Especially when the British rules vs the German rules vs American rules vs Australasia rules can all be very different.

our league races always have "Supplementary Regulations" per event in the form of a pdf that is emailed to those taking part a week in advance. This where we sometimes change the main rules and regulations to suite the series or the track itself so these documents should always be read.

edit: When you think this is just one day at Donnington

APR Volkswagen Racing Cup
Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of GB
Cooper Tires British Formula 3 International Series
Total Quartz Ginetta GT5 Challenge
Nissan GT Graduate
Lunch Break & Supercar Parade
Avon Tyres British GT Championship
APR Volkswagen Racing Cup
Cooper Tires British Formula 3 International Series
Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of GB
Total Quartz Ginetta GT5 Challenge
Nissan GT Graduate

Potentially all of those series that ran during that one day could be driving to different rules and regulations.

Obviously the F3 & Frookie are different from the GT's.

For something like the Nissan GT Graduate the Clerk of the Course could tell them in their prerace meeting that there are not allowed to cross any of the track limits lines at all and doing so would lead to immediate DQ. Yes they is unlikely but is possible. Likewise he could tell them that they all have to run with lights on permanently whereas the other series did not.

MelBonkers
28-07-2015, 17:47
Guys,

I'll skip the race tomorrow as I will certainly die in my race seat if I attended that race. After 6 km's of skating on Sunday (two huge blisters on my feet), the 2.4 Hours race after that and running 9.44 km's yesterday EVERY muscle in my body hurts. I took a hot bath yesterday......but I definitely need to repeat that a couple of times this week as well :D. Have fun all and hopefully see you next Sunday on track.

Yorkie065
28-07-2015, 17:59
As you guys are finding out, deciding on basic rules and regulations for the TGC can be a real pain in the arse because different series have different ruling. We know from experience that changing rules and regs per series is a no go as drivers do not even remember the basic standard one set of rules & regs.

As you know I base everything we do on the FIA & MSA rules and regulations and just stick by that. If rules and regs between series change I try to find the one that covers the majority of situations. The WEC and F1 have a lot of R&R that are applicable to just them.

So the R&R on mandatory headlights comes from the basic > when the track lights are turned on and during wet/foggy conditions. Also the upper class in a multiclass after lap 2. Very similar to Blancpain GT which was our first ever TGC league series for those that were there.

Would it not be easier to take real world regs and just apply them to the game as a whole and not for individual race series'/classes? It's something that would work a lot better, and we can adjust easily to suit the game, it's querks and limitations like I said in a previous post. Also like you say, with rules changing constantly for different race series' is going to get very confusing. That link that I provided to AOR's rules were very simple and easy to understand, covered most of the game and didn't over-complicate things with a simple easy to read layout. Sure they miss out a few things like headlights in poor conditions, but that is something that we can easily add. Also it might be worth getting input in from other members and drivers to help?

t0daY
28-07-2015, 18:12
Creating for each cargroup or even each car their own specific rules (which should fit also in project cars, the game itself) might be a little bit too much work I have to say. Some of us already forgetting our rules at the moment (at some point ;) :p), so it would make things complicated to do "special" rules for each car.

Dont forget, we are playing "just" a game, we can not reach the realism level , it is impossible literally with every simulation game out there. Little things like standing start/formation lap I totally agree with. I dont want to do a formation lap with 80kph with the Lotus 98T or FA car. But I would use the same basic standard ruleset for each car and make little adjustments like the standing start thing or something else.

Blackvault
28-07-2015, 18:18
Why not rewrite the rules to help suit the game rather than trying to force real racing regs into a virtual game? There would be a lot of overlap but I'm sure the rules could be rejigged or reworded for better clarity. I'd be willing to help if you wanted?

Pete

FlyingKman
28-07-2015, 18:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4Ow8duaOo

wow wow wow

Twiggy145
28-07-2015, 18:38
My new Monitor Setup. LG 29" 21:9 Ultrawide and a Samsung 24" Widscreen

Gertjan Arlar
28-07-2015, 19:38
How is the ultra wide when racing? (screenshot). Look cool mate

Twiggy145
28-07-2015, 20:23
I can't test it today, I need to pick up a display port cable as my Single Link DVI cable doesn't support 2560*1080 so i'm only running in 1920*1080 at the moment

STINGER_LP
28-07-2015, 20:58
Why not rewrite the rules to help suit the game rather than trying to force real racing regs into a virtual game? There would be a lot of overlap but I'm sure the rules could be rejigged or reworded for better clarity. I'd be willing to help if you wanted?
Guys, I think we should not try to reinvent the wheel.

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 21:45
Would it not be easier to take real world regs and just apply them to the game as a whole and not for individual race series'/classes?

Well that is what we do. Only when we need to change obvious rule then we do and usually this is the starting procedure between rolling starts and standing starts. SR's are a necessary evil but are there to help as existing league runners will tell you (apart from a couple).

To be honest I am not really concerned how other leagues run their business. Yes I help others start theirs up using our system but that is basically the extent I go to when it comes to other leagues. I started this up long ago with a clear direction and that has never changed. With help and input from trusted friends and members here I believe we have the correct system. Yes things change over time because of natural expansion and new ideas but the ethos remains unchanged.

To change ideas and duplicate other clubs ~ well you might as well just go and join their club instead. People join TGC because they want to run with our Rules and Regulations. If they want to have Rules from another club then I would suggest they go and join that club. It is just common sense really.

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 21:48

Some rules are being changed as the game have changed from Alpha/beta/release but they are still going to be based on FIA where ever they can.

Puffpirat
28-07-2015, 21:53
Managed to get into the 24s with the Bimmer :) God it's a technical track, really doesn't have a nice flow to it imho. Took me quiet a while to figure it out :nonchalance:

Regarding lights: Why do we need lights, visibility, to see and to be seen. Should we go from there? I basically like Ziggys rules. Rain, turn lights on, night race, turn lights on (well before it's dark, common sense and all, see and be seen ;)), multiclass, top class turns lights on. Here I wouldn't even care about the lap two rule, chances are slim anyone gets lapped in lap 1 and with proper qualifying faster cars will start infront of slower ones.

I wouldn't even have a problem to turn my lights on everytime, always, under all conditions, but I can understand some peoples concerns about frame rates.

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 21:57

A lot of screenshots I put up recently are from my 29" UW 21:9. I use it on OS:1 which is not my race os as I still run 3x24". If I could afford another 2 UW then I would

to help

6000x1080

2560x1080

1920x1080 although different car/track

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 21:59
Regarding lights: Why do we need lights, visibility, to see and to be seen. Should we go from there? I basically like Ziggys rules. Rain, turn lights on, night race, turn lights on (well before it's dark, common sense and all, see and be seen ;)), multiclass, top class turns lights on. Here I would even care about the lap two rule, chances are slim anyone gets lapped in lap 1 and with proper qualifying faster cars will start infront of slower ones.

I would hope not ... the first lap of a TGC race is the formation lap

ZiggyUK
28-07-2015, 22:01

any particular vehicle and/or track you want a screenshot from Gertjan ?

Puffpirat
28-07-2015, 22:08
I would hope not ... the first lap of a TGC race is the formation lap
you never know...

Neil Bateman
28-07-2015, 22:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4Ow8duaOo

wow wow wow

I vaguely remember at least 2 of those ultimate classic F1 never to be forgotten moments of all time.

t0daY
28-07-2015, 23:33
Managed to get into the 24s with the Bimmer :) God it's a technical track, really doesn't have a nice flow to it imho. Took me quiet a while to figure it out :nonchalance:

Regarding lights: Why do we need lights, visibility, to see and to be seen. Should we go from there? I basically like Ziggys rules. Rain, turn lights on, night race, turn lights on (well before it's dark, common sense and all, see and be seen ;)), multiclass, top class turns lights on. Here I wouldn't even care about the lap two rule, chances are slim anyone gets lapped in lap 1 and with proper qualifying faster cars will start infront of slower ones.

I wouldn't even have a problem to turn my lights on everytime, always, under all conditions, but I can understand some peoples concerns about frame rates.

I hope you did not take the Sierra and just pushed the wastegate pressure because that would destroy the balance between all 3 cars :p
But 1:24... Holy moly... My best was a 1:26:5 but with default^^

miagi
28-07-2015, 23:54
The 190E can do 1:25.1s with 90kg of fuel :P

Gopher04
28-07-2015, 23:55
Its actually not a good thing to open the wastegate on the cossy, you will suffer in some form, and not needed I can get into the 24's to low 25's with reducing the wastegate from default, because it's a short track and technical it far better, just for the crack cossy drivers should go no higher than default, just my opinion, the bmw and merc are far better on braking and to a certain extent on cornering, but the cossy can fight back on the fast sections..even if the cossy gets away abit it will pay on it's tyres eventually so could be a interesting race.

t0daY
29-07-2015, 01:04

alien... :D

javoresku
29-07-2015, 04:01
Managed to get into the 24s with the Bimmer :)

Looks like I will be a moving shikane this race. My best is 1:28

Puffpirat
29-07-2015, 05:40
I hope you did not take the Sierra and just pushed the wastegate pressure because that would destroy the balance between all 3 cars :p
But 1:24... Holy moly... My best was a 1:26:5 but with default^^
As I said, with the Bimmer, so the BMW :p just wanted to show that every car seems to be able to get into this area. Miagi managed a 1:24.7 with the 190E and the Cossy stands at 1:24.6 leaderboard wise.

Looks like I will be a moving shikane this race. My best is 1:28
You won't be the only one ;) :p JK, That's not the spirit. TT times don't mean much, it's all about consistency.

Martin G Webb
29-07-2015, 07:09
Twiggy,

What's with all the Star Wars references on your desktop ? I thought you were a die hard Trekky . . . . . Are there no good images of the NCC 1701 E orbiting earth.

NemethR
29-07-2015, 09:26
What is TGC's take on racing add-on (mod) cars?!
(I am not talking about pirated, but scratch made cars.)

I just found out, there is a Pagani add-on car available for the game, that has been built by some of those, who currently work on the Audi R8 LMS, also looks very nice, could not test it yet tough.

Just tought I'll ask :)

Puffpirat
29-07-2015, 09:51
Do you have a link to the add-ons? Didn't know modding was possible/supported in pCARS :confused:

Blackvault
29-07-2015, 09:55
Do you have a link to the add-ons? Didn't know modding was possible/supported in pCARS :confused:

We've got this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS). It might not be the one that NemethR is referring to but this one is very good.

Pete

NemethR
29-07-2015, 09:59

I will test the car once I am home, and if it is up to the standards and others don't mind, then I will share the link.
I want to make sure the add-on car is up to Project Cars standard, before sharing it, also waiting to a response from Ziggy or someone who can have a say in this :)

Also there are only some very minor differences from the car in the game, and the add-on car.

Gopher04
29-07-2015, 10:48
For me I don't think mod's should be used in league's.

NemethR
29-07-2015, 11:16
For me I don't think mod's should be used in league's.

I never raced in leagues so far, so could you describe why you think it would be better?

Martin G Webb
29-07-2015, 11:28
I never raced in leagues so far, so could you describe why you think it would be better?

With Gopher offline I'll try to explain it NemethR.

Mod's are by definition are a modification of the original game code, while most would only be visual changes who is to say that 'Other' code changes have not been made, or take place due to the modified car. This would open up a whole new discussion about 'Hidden' or 'Accidental' code changes that for example could lead to you not suffering tyre wear or fuel usage which would be an advantage in a league race.

To avoid the whole conversation no unofficial mods would be allowed in a league run by TGC.

MikeyTT
29-07-2015, 11:29
Well after spending a couple of hours lapping around in the BMW, I was constantly struggling with the car pushing through the turns. Just couldn't get the nose in and it was always pushing wide through the fast turns. Managed a 1:29.6 after a huge amount of concentration.

I happened to be watching a replay back of my lines, etc. and noticed the engine revs weren't dropping as I hit the brakes? Looks like my CSP v2s have a throttle issue, where they don't always fully go back to zero. Sometimes they are still registering 30% throttle, and even bounce from zero to 20 and back down. So I added a 60 deadzone to test, and on my first flying lap I dropped to a 1:27.4!! Hairy, as the throttle is more like a switch now!! :)

I'll see if I get chance to look at the pedals before tonight. Failing that I'll come along for the Quali anyway, and see if I'll be a liability in the race or not. So I may have to pull out :(

ZiggyUK
29-07-2015, 11:59
I will back up Gopher and Martins statements in that for now we would not allow a modified vehicle within a league.

That is not to say later on down the line we may allow such things but it would require extensive testing by a panel of TGC members and get their seal of approval first.

Stick to what we know in game. SMS spent a long time developing these and TGC spent a hell of a long time testing them. There are far more important things to be thinking about first before modded vehicles and tracks.

NemethR
29-07-2015, 12:17
Thanks for the answers Ziggy and Martin.

I was just curious, again I never raced online before, so this is my first experience with you guys, and ohh, what an experience it is. :)
With or without mods, I am really looking forward for the League Racing, and I am sure it will be super.

t0daY
29-07-2015, 12:22
As I said, with the Bimmer, so the BMW :p just wanted to show that every car seems to be able to get into this area. Miagi managed a 1:24.7 with the 190E and the Cossy stands at 1:24.6 leaderboard wise.

You won't be the only one ;) :p JK, That's not the spirit. TT times don't mean much, it's all about consistency.

ooooh I didnt see the word "bimmer".. allright... with the bmw a 1:24??? ALIEN!! :D :D :D :D

miagi
29-07-2015, 12:53
race pace :barbershop_quartet_

NemethR
29-07-2015, 13:08
race pace :barbershop_quartet_

Its not a question if he is an alien or not, the question is what kind of alien he is :D

Yorkie065
29-07-2015, 13:22
Its not a question if he is an alien or not, the question is what kind of alien he is :D

One that goes sideways. I've seen that TT lap he did! Too much drifting :P

miagi
29-07-2015, 13:27
One that goes sideways. I've seen that TT lap he did! Too much drifting :PHow can there ever be something as "too much drifting"?! :>

PS: I like that track :b

Yorkie065
29-07-2015, 13:49
How can there ever be something as "too much drifting"?! :>

PS: I like that track :b

When your in a car that wasn't designed or made to drift :P

Puffpirat
29-07-2015, 14:17
ooooh I didnt see the word "bimmer".. allright... with the bmw a 1:24??? ALIEN!! :D :D :D :D

Well it's a 1:24.998 ;) close enough :)

And miagi damn, I can't hit like, my finger won't let me ;)

Hellbringer
29-07-2015, 16:55
Actually quite enjoy this track now I ave stuck some laps on. Managed a 1:28.2xx but splits show a possible 27.5xx

Hopefully that will be enough to get me out of last position! :D

Gopher04
29-07-2015, 17:16
Dip & flip baby..its still here.

falcon2081
29-07-2015, 17:16
<-This "alien" needed a vacation. Shame I can't race lol. Would love to take a crack at that BMW time ;)

Iceman07
29-07-2015, 17:34
Just managed to do a 1:26,7 in the Merc. So I will join tonight ;)

Elmo
29-07-2015, 17:41

Was that a proper one as we know it from GT and LMP cars?

Gopher04
29-07-2015, 18:13
Was that a proper one as we know it from GT and LMP cars?

Yes, could feel the front left dig in as I came off that turn, and when I checked the tyre temps straight after they were all stone cold, just on a side note, Martin said yesterday he noticed some of the tyre rubber floating around some points of the tracks, can't say I did, but after the D&P, I did notice it on that curb in a online session, don't know if there is any connection.

Gopher04
29-07-2015, 18:16
I will back up Gopher and Martins statements in that for now we would not allow a modified vehicle within a league.

That is not to say later on down the line we may allow such things but it would require extensive testing by a panel of TGC members and get their seal of approval first.

Stick to what we know in game. SMS spent a long time developing these and TGC spent a hell of a long time testing them. There are far more important things to be thinking about first before modded vehicles and tracks.

Just picking up from that Zigg, I don't think mods should be connected to TGC in any form for now, ie race/practice or fun races..

Elmo
29-07-2015, 18:29
Yes, could feel the front left dig in as I came off that turn, and when I checked the tyre temps straight after they were all stone cold, just on a side note, Martin said yesterday he noticed some of the tyre rubber floating around some points of the tracks, can't say I did, but after the D&P, I did notice it on that curb in a online session, don't know if there is any connection.

Thanks mate, if you could get catch a video or screenshot of the telemetry screen next time that would be great.

We are also get more telemetry features with the next patch in-game that may help nailing that nasty bug down.

Twiggy145
29-07-2015, 18:57
Twiggy,

What's with all the Star Wars references on your desktop ? I thought you were a die hard Trekky . . . . . Are there no good images of the NCC 1701 E orbiting earth.

I'm also a massive star wars fan

Martin G Webb
29-07-2015, 18:59
I'm also a massive star wars fan

I had you down as a Star Wars fan but my mental image of you isn't you being massive :P

Iceman07
29-07-2015, 20:39
This race was a lot of fun at the begining. Was driving really good on pos 5 till lap 35 i think. Until the dip and flip bug destroyed my race :(
I saw some wired clipping of the cockpit cam from lap 20 on. So I was just waiting for the bug.
Sorry to PapaH for crashing you and making your race harder by spinning in front of you. :nonchalance:

Maybe we should test those cars on other tracks or other cars on the track to find out if there is a problem with the track or the cars.

TonyR
29-07-2015, 20:44
Thanks mate, if you could get catch a video or screenshot of the telemetry screen next time that would be great.

We are also get more telemetry features with the next patch in-game that may help nailing that nasty bug down.

I also had it, twice(!), however this time it didn't feel really dippy, it was more only flippy. Like hovering.
I will upload the video to show you, here is the telemetry file: https://mega.nz/#!Zo5i1LZb!EjGCRPrXsh-qbnGd-N31SSu0JSNszlM7xBPsgrFy7Nw

The only two laps with higher lap times are the dip/flip laps. So 16 and 38.

miagi
29-07-2015, 20:50
Here is my Setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/341249727) for the Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2
Give it a try if you like.

Recording:

http://youtu.be/EeIMOaMkxpc

Puffpirat
29-07-2015, 21:09
I've also had the dip&flip twice. Around the second time I noticed a strange spike in CPU usage to 100% while looking through the afterburner readings. I need to align that through miagis recording and see if the times match up. Might be something :confused: I wasn't able to check the first time it happened as it was already out of the afterburner scope.

Miagi can you tell me at which (german) time you recording starts or ends?

TonyR
29-07-2015, 21:12
I've also had the dip&flip twice. Around the second time I noticed a strange spike in CPU usage to 100% while looking through the afterburner readings. I need to align that through miagis recording and see if the times match up. Might be something :confused: I wasn't able to check the first time it happened as it was already out of the afterburner scope.

Really strange because when we had the bug at our Sakitto race we both had the bug and now we both have it again? Coincidence? I think not!

Puffpirat
29-07-2015, 21:22
It's really strange, and also last time miagi had it only once, now this time not a single one. What's different? I saw a Merc have a dip&flip right in front of me so all cars where affected.

miagi
29-07-2015, 21:59

Sorry no idea.

It's really strange, and also last time miagi had it only once, now this time not a single one. What's different? I saw a Merc have a dip&flip right in front of me so all cars where affected.
I didn't run off track?! :>

Gopher04
29-07-2015, 22:18
This race was a lot of fun at the begining. Was driving really good on pos 5 till lap 35 i think. Until the dip and flip bug destroyed my race :(
I saw some wired clipping of the cockpit cam from lap 20 on. So I was just waiting for the bug.
Sorry to PapaH for crashing you and making your race harder by spinning in front of you. :nonchalance:

Maybe we should test those cars on other tracks or other cars on the track to find out if there is a problem with the track or the cars.

Yeh this clipping with the cockpit cam is a weird association with the dip & flip but it's always there for me as well, as soon as I start seeing it I can pretty much guarantee D&P is coming..also if you get the clipping in cockpit and watch a replay from the TV cam you will see it happening at the same point.

Stevie_F
29-07-2015, 23:06
I noticed the clipping in the cockpit cam too, at first it was minor and then a lap or so before the dip and flip happened its severity increased. Maybe an inch on screen. I was in the Sierra on the second to last corner.

t0daY
30-07-2015, 00:11

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday we are going to Hockenheim GP, Germany with the GT1 Longtail cars.

Date: 2nd August 2015

Qualifying: 10 minutes
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 1+59 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 18:00, starting with clear conditions, no rain expected.

Driving Aids: Real, that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 9 (Sachs-kurve).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RaWswWqCLI

What an amazing sound! Are you ready for the GT1 Legends?

Greetings,

ZiggyUK
30-07-2015, 01:06
^ There is no-one in the stands/seats ^

t0daY
30-07-2015, 02:34
^ There is no-one in the stands/seats ^

The picture was taken during the a trainingssession... and we all know how rarely people visits practice session ;) :D

Hellbringer
30-07-2015, 03:11
Interesting race. The car was just not behaving for me last night. Experienced the Dip & Flip twice in one lap too. Disappointing to see and hear of so many bugs in one race of 15 people.

The GT1 Legends, are they all DLC items?

Puffpirat
30-07-2015, 06:16
I didn't run off track?! :> yeah right :p

cluck
30-07-2015, 07:02
Looks like a lovely combo but I may not be able to make it (I'm away from tomorrow for the weekend). If I do join, I'll be in default setup and sorely lacking any practice so I'll take my place at the back of the grid to keep out of harm's way :).

Gopher04
30-07-2015, 07:35
Was we not at Hockenheim very recently?

Gertjan Arlar
30-07-2015, 08:05
any particular vehicle and/or track you want a screenshot from Gertjan ?

No need, the screens you showed are enough info. One question tough, to confirm. you like the UW better than the triples?
Thanks for the info.

Yorkie065
30-07-2015, 09:53
Just quickly on the dip and flip which I mentioned last night on TS when we were discussing it after the race, I think it's tyre wear related. It only seems to happen on longer stints, 15+ laps or so. I've only had it once or twice, ever, and it's only when running a long stint and putting in consecutive laps without pitting. In most of the races we've done so far that have been of significant length I've always pitted once or twice, including last night, and I've not had issues with it. I think there could be a certain point in the tyre wear where the grip levels get low and it somehow causes it. The only thing I can think of, is as the rubber wears away, the car gets closer to the ground and it gets to a point where it gets low enough and it just catches the track. I'm not sure if PCars simulates the tyre loosing rubber and therefore dropping a mil or 2 in size, but even still, the height difference would be very much minimal :\ It's an odd one, but perhaps the devs can look at the tyre wear affecting it if they haven't done so already?

Gopher04
30-07-2015, 10:09
Have to disagree Yorkie, I have had it on happen on quite a few occasion by lap five on all types of session's SP & MP, I also not convinced it tyre related, or atleast the cause isn't, I'm technical minded when it comes to track building, but for me it points more to tracks, like there is a mesh problem, or shifting of it, the first time the D&P appeared was when we got given super glue off tracks effects, also at that point the strange clipping effect appeared in the cockpit view and replays, but the D&P is so random thats the biggest problem, but when it strikes it affects aload of us over a period of time.

Yorkie065
30-07-2015, 10:18
Have to disagree Yorkie, I have had it on happen on quite a few occasion by lap five on all types of session's SP & MP, I also not convinced it tyre related, or atleast the cause isn't, I'm technical minded when it comes to track building, but for me it points more to tracks, like there is a mesh problem, or shifting of it, the first time the D&P appeared was when we got given super glue off tracks effects, also at that point the strange clipping effect appeared in the cockpit view and replays, but the D&P is so random thats the biggest problem, but when it strikes it affects aload of us over a period of time.

Yeh I'll agree with what you say with the track meshes, because like you said with the skid marks in TS looking like they hover above the circuit, there's some on various tracks like the first chicane at Monza. It was just a personal observation as I always seem to avoid it for some reason or another and I felt like it could be grip related, both tyre and I guess car floor, splitters etc. Could possibly have been a side effect of the off track changes.

TonyR
30-07-2015, 10:44
I like the professional discussion about the reasons of the bug, TGC will solve that :D :eagerness:

Here's the problem on tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Z9VUouGLY
(ignore the commentary, was a bit mad in the situation haha)

First Time @ 48:40
Second @ 1:19:50

Martin G Webb
30-07-2015, 11:05
Gopher, Yorkee,

Having chatted to Goph about it yesterday on TS I'm in agreement with him about it being a (possible) track mesh issue. From the perspective of the hard of thinking, it appears to me like there are several layers of the track surface that don't always synchronise correctly and the D & F happens in the gaps between these layers.

I've been doing lots of Hot Laps recently and this happens on many of the tracks but the D&F doesn't follow, I wonder what's different in TT mode to SP and MP ?

Yorkie065
30-07-2015, 11:16
Gopher, Yorkee,

Having chatted to Goph about it yesterday on TS I'm in agreement with him about it being a (possible) track mesh issue. From the perspective of the hard of thinking, it appears to me like there are several layers of the track surface that don't always synchronise correctly and the D & F happens in the gaps between these layers.

I've been doing lots of Hot Laps recently and this happens on many of the tracks but the D&F doesn't follow, I wonder what's different in TT mode to SP and MP ?

Perhaps dynamic grip levels. In TT it's constant, but SP and MP, the track is constantly changing and gripping up as the session goes on? Obviously if it is random then it would be stupidly hard to test for. Thinking it might be a good idea to do some more bug crushing sessions, not just for the D & F but others too? Don't know if Elmo can get a list that devs would like testing?

Gopher04
30-07-2015, 11:50
Well it might be just worth 3/4 of us do long runs together and work our way through the tracks, it's long winded I know, but there are a few of us that are not racing huge amounts for now, and see if there are any recurring themes happening, but as I said this could be along task as there are many things to take into account.

Drivers from last night, did your D&F happen before a tyre changes? or after as well.

TonyR
30-07-2015, 11:55
Drivers from last night, did your D&F happen before a tyre changes? or after as well.

No tire change, ain't nobody got time for dat.

STINGER_LP
30-07-2015, 12:04
just on a side note, Martin said yesterday he noticed some of the tyre rubber floating around some points of the tracks, can't say I did, but after the D&P, I did notice it on that curb in a online session, don't know if there is any connection.
Confirming this, I saw "some black chunks" floating from under the tires of cars in front of me for a couple of times in a couple of past races.

Nice, is it going to be available in shared-memory API?

t0daY
30-07-2015, 13:41
Was we not at Hockenheim very recently?

You are right, but as I announced 2 weeks ago we are planning the races through a wishlist from you guys. Atm I received only from 7 players wishcombos, and one of them was the Longtails at Hockenheimring (Miagis wish :p)
If no one is interested to give us some wish combos, we are driving those one, we've got, in this case Longtails at Hockenheimring :) If you got 1-2 wish combos, be free to write us an mail, forum message or steammessage :)

t0daY
30-07-2015, 13:44
I like the professional discussion about the reasons of the bug, TGC will solve that :D :eagerness:

Here's the problem on tape:

(ignore the commentary, was a bit mad in the situation haha)

First Time @ 48:40
Second @ 1:19:50

"I am not good at this track" - And then third in qualy, screw you!! :D :D Nice video to watch :) Never saw the D&F problem before, looks "interesting" :D

Gopher04
30-07-2015, 14:07
Is there any reason we seem to be doing either early or late start times not actually driving in day light? or is this part of the suggestion?

t0daY
30-07-2015, 14:12
Is there any reason we seem to be doing either early or late start times not actually driving in day light? or is this part of the suggestion?

No reason behind it.

TonyR
30-07-2015, 14:19
"I am not good at this track" - And then third in qualy, screw you!! :D :D Nice video to watch :) Never saw the D&F problem before, looks "interesting" :D

Imho you can't be good at a track where you have less than 50 laps on ;)

t0daY
30-07-2015, 14:20
Imho you can't be good at a track where you have less than 50 laps on ;)

Soon or later I will get you, trust meeee :p

Iceman07
30-07-2015, 16:13

For me it happened before I changed my tires.

After my tire change I had no more problems, but there were only 10 laps left.

Martin G Webb
30-07-2015, 17:13
Thanks Iceman,

From some of the replies I've seen and my experience there seems to be a link between the tyres, (being used) and this issue.

MelBonkers
30-07-2015, 17:37
Oh my lord! I will definitely be there this Sunday and of course I'll take the McLaren F1. My all time favourite supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-car! Thanx for organizing this race :D

Martin G Webb
30-07-2015, 17:39
Oh my lord! I will definitely be there this Sunday and of course I'll take the McLaren F1. My all time favourite supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-car! Thanx for organizing this race :D

Please can we make sure Mo isn't allowed any sugar in future ? He seems to be a bit over excited.

Yorkie065
30-07-2015, 17:41
I'm not sure if I shall be racing this weekend or not. My Track Clip Pro for my TrackIR is no completely fucked! The cable snapped in half whilst trying to repair it so I've ordered a new one which I hope will come tomorrow. If it does, I shall be there this weekend and if it doesn't, then there's a possibility that I might not. Depends how little I cry not having it whilst driving :P

ZiggyUK
30-07-2015, 18:16
I'm not sure if I shall be racing this weekend or not. My Track Clip Pro for my TrackIR is no completely fucked! The cable snapped in half whilst trying to repair it so I've ordered a new one which I hope will come tomorrow. If it does, I shall be there this weekend and if it doesn't, then there's a possibility that I might not. Depends how little I cry not having it whilst driving :P

Just cut up and use any old USB cable Yorkie. It only feeds the 5v to the IR's circuitboard nothing else.

Will Fly
30-07-2015, 18:53
come to think about it i also had it in the 98t race we had
can remember hovering on the spot and not being able to move.

Marek Haase
30-07-2015, 19:17
A bit late, but here is my video from Sunday:

https://youtu.be/G9jWlorC7j4

Some sort of a curse was haunting me with this video. First cut was lost due to a fault of mine (4 hours of rendering gone, not counting editing) so the is uncut raw footage with all dull bits and lame pit stops. Even upload had to be done twice because first one was corrupted somehow.

The race was fun though and would definitely do this again.

Elmo
30-07-2015, 19:29
Don't know if Elmo can get a list that devs would like testing?

At the moment the only thing left where we could get an additional clue is the live telemetry hud. The API data didn't show anything on previous occasions. So if you guys want to give it a test, please record a video and use the telemetry screen.

miagi
30-07-2015, 21:24
So I tried the F1 GTR vs the CLK LM. I hope I get more pace and driveability out of the Mercedes, but it feels strange to drive, like the Anti-Ackerman value is exaggerated, or something else about the kinematics is weird.

However, here is the CLK-LM setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/51504132). Did a 1:31.5 I could even go few tents quicker, but it gets very difficult to collect a top lap and I already had quite a lot of trys.
Meanwhile on the McLaren I did a 1:31.4 with like the 2nd lap I drove. And managed a 1:31.16 with a restrictor of 39 mm diameter.

I'd recommend the McLaren with 38 or even 37 mm restrictor. Even than it is only a little slower in top speed to the CLK but the ppl that would like to take the Mercedes would rather have a chance :P

Gopher04
30-07-2015, 22:05
I find the opposite Miagi, I find the Mclaren feels strange, I can't cancel out the bottoming out, and it feels like the car rocks from side to side, its like there is a wheel in the center of the car and stabilizers either side, then you go round a corner and it drops on that side and bottoms out, even on the Parabolika, where as the Merc I finds runs nice and flat, like yourself I can get to the mid/low 31's in the mclaren.

BumperCarrotNL
30-07-2015, 23:19
A bit late, but here is my video from Sunday:

https://youtu.be/G9jWlorC7j4

Some sort of a curse was haunting me with this video. First cut was lost due to a fault of mine (4 hours of rendering gone, not counting editing) so the is uncut raw footage with all dull bits and lame pit stops. Even upload had to be done twice because first one was corrupted somehow.

The race was fun though and would definitely do this again.

so it was you with whom i was batteling. unfortunately my internet died in lap 60 for us... :(
but this was one of the best races i've done so far.
ty for uploading this. i couldn't record this my self becouse my FPS was not good enough.

Laurens Van Rossem
31-07-2015, 10:52
When are we doing some championships again?
All these single races are fun, but still..

Blackvault
31-07-2015, 10:55
Today, when you get a moment can you drop me an email @ peterjamesstuart@gmail.com please?

Thanks,

Pete

t0daY
31-07-2015, 13:00
When are we doing some championships again?
All these single races are fun, but still..

Especially after the Spa race, some people from outside the race pointed out, that the overlapping, overtakingstuff was in some cases really dirty and did not follow the rules.
Thats why we are doing atm wednesday/sunday races to improve ourself, following the TGC rules and be fair in fights and overlapping ;) :)
Leagues will come (post from Ziggy in the NCC thread), but until they are here, lets spend some time in this "fun" races and get some training for better racing against and with each other :)

miagi
31-07-2015, 13:11
League racing with things like the D&F bug can become a lottery instead of a championship.

Blackvault
31-07-2015, 13:14
League racing with things like the D&F bug can become a lottery instead of a championship.

Maybe the FIA could introduce it into Formula One to slow the Mercedes....

I know I've been very vocal regarding the need to start a league running, it seems that the D&F issue is becoming ever more present, I'd therefore have to change stance on the situation and say lets hold off until it is fixed.

Pete

miagi
31-07-2015, 13:28
We can start planing or doing tests for league racing. But I'd rather wait 2-3 weeks. The other questions is, what will we run? GTS? If yes, with multi class as it was in the beginning with 3 classes or 2 classes or GT3 only? Personally I enjoy driving the McLaren GT1 ^^

Laurens Van Rossem
31-07-2015, 13:35
We'll doing "fun races" to improve skill doesn't make sense to me when also hosting drink and drive races.
I never had the d&f glitch myself. Is it with all cars or just certain car+track combinations? Maybe we could host a championship around it.

Puffpirat
31-07-2015, 13:45
We'll doing "fun races" to improve skill doesn't make sense to me when also hosting drink and drive races.
I never had the d&f glitch myself. Is it with all cars or just certain car+track combinations? Maybe we could host a championship around it.
If we host a championship around it, it will be a close battle between Gopher, TonyR and me. You and miagi won't stand a chance so let's do it :p

On a more serious note I also think we are not ready for league racing just yet. Better said pCARS isn't we are good to go I'd say. Just think about the complaining when someone looses a race or even the championship because of the D&F or a pit stop bug.

t0daY
31-07-2015, 13:46

It should... the D&D races are on friday night, the sunday and wednesday races arent just fun to be honest. I know everybody wants to race in a league, want to win races and get the glory, but at the moment with the d&f bug its nearly impossible... As miagi said, its more like a lottery than a skill championship.

And as I mentioned earlier, many of us are not ready enough to participate on a league. There were so much problems during the Spa race, risky overtakes, ovetakes during an overlapping which is a no-go for example and stuff like that... also some GT3 driver did not stay on the racing line and made it harder for LMP1 and LMP2 drivers. These are just examples, we do not point on a single person here, I think we can just all improve a little bit more in awareness and fairness on the track :)

Also sometimes the pit stops not working correctly... Stuff which could create problems during a league or championship... I wouldnt rush for leagues at the moment, patch 3.0 is coming, lets see what they put into it :)

t0daY
31-07-2015, 13:47
If we host a championship around it, it will be a close battle between Gopher, TonyR and me. You and miagi won't stand a chance so let's do it :p

On a more serious note I also think we are not ready for league racing just yet. Better said pCARS isn't we are good to go I'd say. Just think about the complaining when someone looses a race or even the championship because of the D&F or a pit stop bug.

Miagi will spin all the time as usual :D :D And do not forget meeee!!! :D :D

Gopher04
31-07-2015, 14:00

You should never under estimate Miagi...

It is really quite a random bug Laurens, we've have never been able to find a pattern to it, hence why it is still with us.

As for leagues, way to early, with 2/3 major bugs we still have it wouldn't be worth the effort, so many races would be ruined.

NemethR
31-07-2015, 14:00
We can start planing or doing tests for league racing. But I'd rather wait 2-3 weeks. The other questions is, what will we run? GTS? If yes, with multi class as it was in the beginning with 3 classes or 2 classes or GT3 only? Personally I enjoy driving the McLaren GT1 ^^

Why not make more then one?

Like we could set up a poll, what people would like to race, like:
Formula cars, GT's, Touring, Prototypes, Protos with GT mixed etc, and then if enough people are there there could be even more then one Championship.

We have enough drivers for it I believe.

Just an idea/question.

Gopher04
31-07-2015, 14:04
Don't forget the normal rule of thumb use to be with the GTS league, if its your 1st you start at the bottom, ie you wasn't allowed anything but the GT4/5's...not that ever agreed with that ruling..

miagi
31-07-2015, 15:43
Miagi will spin all the time as usual :D :D And do not forget meeee!!! :D :D
:confused:

You should never under estimate Migai...

Yea that Migai guy is hardcore...

Why not make more then one?

Like we could set up a poll, what people would like to race, like:
Formula cars, GT's, Touring, Prototypes, Protos with GT mixed etc, and then if enough people are there there could be even more then one Championship.

We have enough drivers for it I believe.

Just an idea/question.
I'd rather have one big league where we race together instead of 3 tiny ones. The same ppl can attempt 2 maybe some 3 leagues per week. So far GT cars were our starting point and mostly the most favorite class I think. Another advantage of the GT3 class is that the cars are very well balanced.

It should... the D&D races are on friday night, the sunday and wednesday races arent just fun to be honest. I know everybody wants to race in a league, want to win races and get the glory, but at the moment with the d&f bug its nearly impossible... As miagi said, its more like a lottery than a skill championship.

And as I mentioned earlier, many of us are not ready enough to participate on a league. There were so much problems during the Spa race, risky overtakes, ovetakes during an overlapping which is a no-go for example and stuff like that... also some GT3 driver did not stay on the racing line and made it harder for LMP1 and LMP2 drivers. These are just examples, we do not point on a single person here, I think we can just all improve a little bit more in awareness and fairness on the track :)
So the conclusion would be, run more multiclass races on We & Su?!! It is not such a problem, whatever combo is planed, nearly always a faster class can be put above it to practice lapping.

Also sometimes the pit stops not working correctly... Stuff which could create problems during a league or championship... I wouldnt rush for leagues at the moment, patch 3.0 is coming, lets see what they put into it :) Sounds smart.

javoresku
31-07-2015, 16:09
On a more serious note I also think we are not ready for league racing just yet. Better said pCARS isn't we are good to go I'd say.
I don't get one thing - as I understand the TGC had some leagues during development of PCARS. And now the game is not up to it. Has PCARS become that worse after release?

Yorkie065
31-07-2015, 16:11
Yeh, I'd like to get the league racing going but I like others don't think the game is ready. Once it is, it would be great to start but a lot of the random issues that are racing breaking and pretty much out of the players control need to be eradicated.

And Gopher, that rule would be horrible if we were to use it starting up leagues now the game has released. There would be soo many in the lower class that there would be quite a big in-balance as we have taken on a lot of people since release.

Laurens Van Rossem
31-07-2015, 16:13
I don't get one thing - as I understand the TGC had some leagues during development of PCARS. And now the game is not up to it. Has PCARS become that worse after release?

Not since release, but we stopped doing championships around build 700 I think. There was a change to how multiplayer worked, actually multiplayer stopped working... Then different issues came around and tgc switched from leagues to testing races to get the multiplayer part of the game to work.

KamyKaze1098
31-07-2015, 16:35
What is D&F bug??

Regarding pit stops, you can allways go for the sprint format.

I'm participating on a league in a portuguese forum of 2 races with the Clio's. We haven't had any issues in the first 2 races.

Replays could be an issue for complaints though.

Papa H
31-07-2015, 16:43

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW......!!!

miagi
31-07-2015, 16:44
We could also simply run a season an see how it goes. You're always smarter afterwards anyway.

miagi
31-07-2015, 17:31
http://youtu.be/mPn4l6QRPwQ

Ahh, feels so much better beating #1 while staying on track than being a complete d*** about it ^^

ZiggyUK
31-07-2015, 19:11

Leagues have already been prepared and the necessary work done so please do not worry about their content. When we believe the race craft is up to scratch again like it used to be then the leagues can commence.

ZiggyUK
31-07-2015, 19:22

You would be quite surprised at the new skills you learn whilst doing the D'n'D races. You will often find yourself in unusual situations where you will need to control the vehicle, these can then be later used on the track instead of just spinning out.

What is the best way to learn how to control a crash situation, put yourself it that crash situation outside of an official race where everyone is there for fun.

I do not make force anybody to attend these races that is up to you. If the race is not to your particular liking then do not race but do not spoil it for those that do enjoy it.

ZiggyUK
31-07-2015, 19:23
We could also simply run a season an see how it goes. You're always smarter afterwards anyway.

There is something in the pipeline don't worry

miagi
01-08-2015, 14:37
Again I strongly recommend all Gentlemen to set the Restrictor on the McLaren to 37 mm. I will have it set to 37 mm, so if you want to race with me and not on your own at the front, do the same. I just did 20 lap with each car and ended up with a very close variance over the whole run.

I had a slightly higher tire wear on the CLK 56% after 20 laps while on the McLaren I had 40%. Still both need 2 sets of tires for the race. Fuel useage on the other hand was in the favour of the CLK using 2.46 kg/lap as avg and the McLaren using 2.538 kg/lap (restrictor 37mm). Still both need a refuel for the whole race.

On the straight with 37 mm restrictor on the F1 GTR, the CLK has a top speed advantage of about 8 kph, what seeing the draft isn't preventing the McLaren from overtaking a CLK on the straight!

t0daY
01-08-2015, 15:28
Again I strongly recommend all Gentlemen to set the Restrictor on the McLaren to 37 mm. I will have it set to 37 mm, so if you want to race with me and not on your own at the front, do the same. I just did 20 lap with each car and ended up with a very close variance over the whole run.

I had a slightly higher tire wear on the CLK 56% after 20 laps while on the McLaren I had 40%. Still both need 2 sets of tires for the race. Fuel useage on the other hand was in the favour of the CLK using 2.46 kg/lap as avg and the McLaren using 2.538 kg/lap (restrictor 37mm). Still both need a refuel for the whole race.

On the straight with 37 mm restrictor on the F1 GTR, the CLK has a top speed advantage of about 8 kph, what seeing the draft isn't preventing the McLaren from overtaking a CLK on the straight!

Yep agree with Miagi. We talked about it and it makes sense. Its only a recommendation for the McLaren drivers. We can not control you, so its open to you ;)
For the fairness it would be best, I trust in you guys! :) But as Miagi said, it will be a lonely race with people not using the 37mm Restrictor :) Thanks for the post Miagi! :)

Puffpirat
01-08-2015, 16:23
http://youtu.be/mPn4l6QRPwQ

Ahh, feels so much better beating #1 while staying on track than being a complete d*** about it ^^

With which restrictor setting was that? Standard 42? I beat your time but after investigating the ghost I'm on the curb in T1 with my right wheels. I feel like a complete dick now...

miagi
01-08-2015, 16:49
With which restrictor setting was that? Standard 42? I beat your time but after investigating the ghost I'm on the curb in T1 with my right wheels. I feel like a complete dick now...
:>

That was with fully open restrictor = 47 mm, to see what the car will do on a all out setup.

Puffpirat
01-08-2015, 17:09
Ok I feel better now, mine was with standard :p

x ImJakeyy
01-08-2015, 19:31
Hoping I will be able to make it tomorrow night, got family coming around for a meal, but hoping to break away for awhile to do the race, as this is one I want to do :)

falcon2081
01-08-2015, 20:47
I'll be there in spirit tomorrow! Good luck to everyone in the races :cool:

Neil Bateman
02-08-2015, 09:16
Cant make it tonight working till 10, should be ok for wednesday.

Have a good one guys.

miagi
02-08-2015, 11:39
Hey guys, yesterday I had another thought about the CLK setup and realized the default setup is bugged. My only explanation is that someone accidental set the wrong front springs in the default setup. First I thought motion-ratios are about the same front an rear and so are the springs, but that showed to be wrong, the front was ridiculously overstiff. That's why it feels so strange and can barely get around the hair pin in my previous setup.

I edited my setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/51504132) so here it is again. Everyone that drove that car, give it another chance. I like it much better that way.

Puffpirat
02-08-2015, 12:30
Hey guys, yesterday I had another thought about the CLK setup and realized the default setup is bugged. My only explanation is that someone accidental set the wrong front springs in the default setup. First I thought motion-ratios are about the same front an rear and so are the springs, but that showed to be wrong, the front was ridiculously overstiff. That's why it feels so strange and can barely get around the hair pin in my previous setup.

I edited my setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/51504132) so here it is again. Everyone that drove that car, give it another chance. I like it much better that way.
Does that mean it's faster now and the Mclaren can run a bigger restrictor? I'm with you in balancing cars and did my long runs with a 37mm restrictor. It's not a big hit anyway as 42mm to 37mm means about 0.5s difference in race pace, so about a tenth per mm.

miagi
02-08-2015, 12:40
It is faster and little bit safer over kerbs now, but same as you I also found some pace on the McLaren after I did that longer compare session. Still I had the same concerns as you so I already did another 20 lap session today with the CLK @ new setups to check how the pace is. Comparing it to a 9 lap session I did with the McLaren(new setup@37mm) you don't need to worry about the F1 GTR being put under. 37 mm restrictor is fine and will give us a good race.

One pitstop is needed and I have an important hint, watch your tires on braking, don't get a flat spot!

Puffpirat
02-08-2015, 12:56
It is faster and little bit safer over kerbs now, but same as you I also found some pace on the McLaren after I did that longer compare session. Still I had the same concerns as you so I already did another 20 lap session today with the CLK @ new setups to check how the pace is. Comparing it to a 9 lap session I did with the McLaren(new setup@37mm) you don't need to worry about the F1 GTR being put under. 37 mm restrictor is fine and will give us a good race.

One pitstop is needed and I have an important hint, watch your tires on braking, don't get a flat spot! exactly the reason I'm going all out with a 2 stop strategy :eek: also my tire wear seems worse than yours. I even thought about the hard compound but it's a tiny bit to slow. Mid day under the burning sun it could have actually been an option.

Your the man miagi! I wouldn't find the time to optimize and compare both cars.

Laurens Van Rossem
02-08-2015, 13:28
I'm in for tonight. I found no event pic, how long and when is this?

DrKabel
02-08-2015, 13:39
I'm in for tonight. I found no event pic, how long and when is this?

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday we are going to Hockenheim GP, Germany with the GT1 Longtail cars.

Date: 2nd August 2015

Qualifying: 10 minutes
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 1+59 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 18:00, starting with clear conditions, no rain expected.

Driving Aids: Real, that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 9 (Sachs-kurve).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RaWswWqCLI

What an amazing sound! Are you ready for the GT1 Legends?

Greetings,

There you go :)

MelBonkers
02-08-2015, 15:44
So I just did my first time trial lap with default setup and manual gearing: 1m35s3 or so. It's going to be a VERY long evening :-S

EDIT: 4th lap: 1m32s5 ;-)

x ImJakeyy
02-08-2015, 16:04
Trying to get my machine to allow me to play, keep getting Unhandled Exceptions again, and Nvidia driver crashes.

Hopefully can make it tonight

Roel de Meulder
02-08-2015, 16:29
I'll be racing too tonight, just didn't have much of a chance to practice. It's good that I know both the car and the track so it should be an easy dial in.

Also, I hope everything will work as I just switched my gaming pc to windows 10, wish me luck... :eek:

quelus
02-08-2015, 16:53
Holy smoke I LOVE the breaking to the first corner!

The surface is bumpy there, so the wheel is flickering left and right (I'm holding it with one hand, as i have to reduce the gears with the gear leaver), my whole desk is moving and so is the monitor haha :D
So awsome!

falcon2081
02-08-2015, 17:44
Anyone going to be streaming this?

TonyR
02-08-2015, 17:49
Anyone going to be streaming this?

I'm trying to stream it over my Youtube channel this time :)

falcon2081
02-08-2015, 17:57
I'm trying to stream it over my Youtube channel this time :)

Awesome, I can always count on you lol.

miagi
02-08-2015, 18:01
Don't forget the Gentlemen BOP, Restrictor to 37 mm on the McLaren.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/Onion-onion-head-emoticon-23254586-500-500.jpg

Roel de Meulder
02-08-2015, 18:24
Don't forget the Gentlemen BOP, Restrictor to 37 mm on the McLaren.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/Onion-onion-head-emoticon-23254586-500-500.jpg

https://filipvdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/suspicious-fry.jpg

cluck
02-08-2015, 18:41
Although I'm back in time, I can't get my Oculus Rift working so I'm out until Oculus get proper Windows 10 drivers sorted (I've tried, without success, the workaround that has been posted). Trying to drive again without that immersion is really not easy. So given that I've had almost no time to practice (I put a lap in on each car just to see what they were like - 1m35 in each car :o - and yes, that was with the 37mm restrictor size on the F1), I'm definitely not racing tonight. I suspect I'm going to hang up my racing boots until Oculus get their act together.

Timmynator
02-08-2015, 18:50
Tony, looks like the German viewers are SOL when it comes to your live stream. I just got a "not available due to rights issues" notice when trying to access your stream...