PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Puffpirat
02-08-2015, 20:02
That was a bad showing, all I can say is sorry. I should have pulled the plug a lap earlier. Don't know why my internet was acting up that much today. I also didn't make my best race ever. I just hope I didn't destroy to many races :(

miagi
02-08-2015, 20:48
I was leading the race with a gap of 14.5 seconds after over 1h of racing, a successful pitstop and 16 laps to go my internet disconnected. It was just a short disc and the game actually reestablished me, but just after that it kicked me out of the session >:/ dammit.

Puffpirat
02-08-2015, 20:53
I was leading the race with a gap of 14.5 seconds after over 1h of racing, a successful pitstop and 16 laps to go my internet disconnected. It was just a short disc and the game actually reestablished me, but just after that it kicked me out of the session >:/ dammit.

seems it was bad internet day in germany -_- what provider do you have? Just saw my 1&1 contract still runs till October 16. Gonna make a phone call tomorrow and hope for some upgrades to my current connection.

Mirko Tartarotti
02-08-2015, 20:58
That was a bad showing, all I can say is sorry. I should have pulled the plug a lap earlier. Don't know why my internet was acting up that much today. I also didn't make my best race ever. I just hope I didn't destroy to many races :(

I can say that at the beginning of the race there was no problem in your connection and was reaaaaally funny the fight with you! I'm sorry for your connection. Disconnecting by yourself after realising your problem is very fair!

Mirko Tartarotti
02-08-2015, 21:01
I got a DQ.. I couldn't try hard slick during these days, and my setup was absolutely unstable for it. At the 1st curb I got too many track penalties due to my back sliding as a beast! A pity because I was with a 1:32:0 pace..

Puffpirat
02-08-2015, 21:09
I can say that at the beginning of the race there was no problem in your connection and was reaaaaally funny the fight with you! I'm sorry for your connection. Disconnecting by yourself after realising your problem is very fair!

Yeah our battle was great fun! Glad to hear my internet didn't cause trouble for you as I saw you spun.

XiondrapoS
02-08-2015, 21:11

That is exactly what happened to me the last 2 races :(

miagi
02-08-2015, 21:14
My provider is really good, I don't know why. However my recording.

http://youtu.be/90DxgeR9N18

0:35 - Start
13:10 - Bad Lapping
14:24 - Made a little mistake and run tighter than I wanted, not sure if even an off-track, but got a very serve 5 sec penalty anyway :x
18:48 - Bad Lapping
30:34 - Good lapping ^^
33:00 - Looking to much on the car in front and 5 sec penalty again ._.
35:30 - I'd rather overtake on the inside, stay on race line so I can foresee what you're doing :x
43:55 - Pit Stop game tried to troll me by giving me the wrong pit stop set. Damn you!
52:18 - God damit that scared me! I already saw him spin and me crashing into him.
53:00 - Lapped car in my neck while I fight for the win, what an uncomfy situation.
57:00 - Good lapping
57:55 - Lapping, what are you doing? What line are you on?!
1:01:18 - Ouch.
1:03:35 - First again!
1:07:00 - todaY is gone, comfy gap all of a sudden
1:07:29 - Disconnect >.<
1:07:45 - Other cars driving again, WOOHOO!!
1:07:55 - KICKED!!! The End.

Laurens Van Rossem
Well that was an interesting one!
I went mountainbiking, followed some random blue arrows and got lost. Made it back 5 minutes before the Q start so I hopped from my bike into the racing chair. I didn't really practice so Miagi's setup was used.
I decided a top 10 would have been a good result. I was well on my way to P7 when I realised I can't do maths. What was supposed to be a single stop ended up as a 5-stop. First stop they gave me fuel but no tires, second stop I got brakes but no fuel or tires. That made me crash so the third stop was damage repair. Stop 4 I again didn't get tires and when I went for tires in stop 5, I forgot to close the hud thingy so I sat there for a minute or so...
Anyway, I'm happy I got to finish a race and that by lap 50, I finally knew how to drive the clk.
I'll be back next time :)

Photonenbert
the race started good and went very well for me in the beginning.

then I moved my mouse out of the way of the seq. shifter and accidentally clicked on the second screen (turned off) which pushed me onto the desktop and I crashed into the hairpin with 30 aero dmg and lost 1 lap.

would have been a great battle with miagi (unfortunately it was as we were 2nd and 3rd and again 3rd and 9th :D sry for the bump later on again)
bummer for the disconnect.

I didnt think I would finish 4th but a lot of people had penalties and also disc, sooo...

Mirko Tartarotti
02-08-2015, 21:18
Yeah our battle was great fun! Glad to hear my internet didn't cause trouble for you as I saw you spun.

No, I spun because I'm an idiot.. Easy answer!

Alex Hobbs
02-08-2015, 21:19
Not my race, ended up parking far offtrack and taking some pics :)

Stevie_F
02-08-2015, 21:24

Okay so here are a few of my laps (Best lap was 1:31:1xx?), and going into this race I wasn't confident at all but it looks like consistency is key! :) Unfortuantely I bottled it into the first corner barrier on the exit of T1 about 2 laps before the end. I was so annoyed, I had a comfortable gap to Today of about 45-50 seconds but I lost my wheel and apparently my pit engineer said they'd have to replace the battery? So I went from P2 to P8? I think, all in one lap due to my stupidty haha. Good job this is not a league race! Prior to that I had a good race, start was terrible, going from P6 to about P13, then started to gain my rhythm and enjoying the car. Anyway, it was a great race never the less, good job all, just a shame about the drop outs and penalty bugs half way into the track (I had two). Video will be up later this week!

Thanks to the organisers!

Stevie_F
02-08-2015, 21:28

Post race results

x ImJakeyy
02-08-2015, 21:34
Sorry I didn't finish the race, my car felt good during the Quali, then just felt horrible during the race, every time I went on the brakes they locked, the rear went horrible.

Don't think me being stressed why my graphics driver kept crashing helped my mood today.

gaiser91
02-08-2015, 21:47
First of all i want to thank Ziggy and t0day for the special permission to join in this race.

Unfortunately in the begin of the week, i'v done many laps and energy to find a better setup for the f1 gtr (without read the forum :)); when i've found out the restrictor rule (thanks to miagi for the work), it was yesterday.... :(

so this afternoon i've worked very hard to find a optimal and fast setup with the mercedes clk but i've not tried in the race-mode and the strategy was improvised during the race...

-17 laps with soft option (at the end of the life)
-16 laps with hard option then i had to enter in the pit because during a overtake i've damaged the car and i've lost some power
-27 laps with hard option until the end of the race

Probably without miagi disconnession (compliments for the pace) i would not have win, but it would be nice to fight, maybe the next one ;).

Thanks to all for the organization and the fair play.

See you on the track ;)

Roel de Meulder
02-08-2015, 21:47
Another interesting race, just like the last 2 a lot was learned.

At the parade lap I warmed up a bit too enthusiastically, resulting in a late response to the ever so annoying accordion effect in the middle of a direction change which resulted in a damage-less spin.

I decided to not listen to the crowd to have the chance of an advantage. So without having tested them, I switched to the hard tyres 22 laps into the race.
I decided to switch at that moment because my current tires didn't feel as fast as they used to be at the start.
When coming out of the pits however the hards were even slightly worse and sent me in a spin immediately in turn 2, and sent me into trouble many times in turn 1.
Looking at the laptime damage I decided to invest more time into a stop, so I went for a final stint of softs in lap 35. But after quickly changing my fuel, I forgot to change the tires, so I got sent out on hards again only to come back for softs in the following lap.
At this pit stop the crew was obviously getting tired from all the changes and decided to hide some of my wheel nuts in a form of spite.
The next amount of laps went much better, the car got great on fresh softs and a much lighter fuel load, I was catching up to the people who got in front of me during my stops quite stably.
I lots concentration a little to a point where I started focusing on other drivers too much and put my car into a wall at turn 1. The car seemed fine besides a puncture, so I got back to the pits (so very awfully slowly) to get that fixed.
My pit crew was still not in the mood to deliver any good work so they threw some wheel nuts in the gutter again and then I was out for a final stint to try and catch up to anyone.
While the car was great in the end the gaps were just too big to be closed...

Regarding the fuel tank, I think the longtail uses the fuel tank from the standard F1 which is probably already up to spec for racing.
This tank should be located between the driver's seat and the engine, so it shouldn't change the car's handling too much.

wodm
02-08-2015, 22:00
My provider is really good, I don't know why. However my recording.

http://youtu.be/90DxgeR9N18

43:55 - Pit Stop game tried to troll me by giving me the wrong pit stop set. Damn you!

Game tried to troll me lol... just lol :) cheers, made me smile

Mirko Tartarotti
02-08-2015, 22:06
First of all i want to thank Ziggy and t0day for the special permission tjoin in this race.

I agree with this. We've raced with you TGC during the development but for different reasons we stayed out of the race for a long time. I'm waiting for Ziggy's decision regarding my status. Actually I don't know if I can be considered an official member or not. For the moment I just want to say thanks for this race, buddies!

TonyR
02-08-2015, 23:45
Tony, looks like the German viewers are SOL when it comes to your live stream. I just got a "not available due to rights issues" notice when trying to access your stream...

Hey Timmy, yes, German laws and Youtube, they will never achieve any agreement.

My friend used the extension "Proxflow" and with that you can also watch it in Germany.

falcon2081
02-08-2015, 23:57
Good race fellas. Thanks to Tony for streaming the race. I lasted until lap 30 before I fell asleep lol. But it looked like a lot of people were having trouble during this race.

t0daY
03-08-2015, 03:12

Hello Gentlemen,

this wednesday we are going back to the roots. Donington Park, UK with the good old Ginetta G40 Junior.

Date: 5th August 2015
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 10 minutes
Warm Up: 5 minutes
Race: 1+32 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 13:00, start condition is overcast. Be prepared for British weather! ;)
Weather progression: 5x
Time progression: 1x

Driving Aids: Real, that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 10 (Melbourne Hairpin).

For most of us everything started with this special combination, enjoy the time journey into the past :)

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

SillySausage
03-08-2015, 04:45
This looks like it will be awesome fun! I'll do everything in my power to fit this race in between work.

PerFixAlot
03-08-2015, 06:49
I won't make on Wednesday either, just sent off my parents and I'm itching to race, but this week my brother and nephew decided to set up a camp in my house.

Especially after the Spa race, some people from outside the race pointed out, that the overlapping, overtakingstuff was in some cases really dirty and did not follow the rules.
Thats why we are doing atm wednesday/sunday races to improve ourself, following the TGC rules and be fair in fights and overlapping ;) :)
Leagues will come (post from Ziggy in the NCC thread), but until they are here, lets spend some time in this "fun" races and get some training for better racing against and with each other :)

Maybe the issues with overlapping, overtaking and fair driving not being up to a higher standard is because these "fun" races are so inconsistent.

Sure, they give a lot of practice in driving different cars and tracks, and seeing them from a different perspective, but I feel that every race involves somewhat separate skills. With having to learn the specific car/track combination properly first, I never get to that point where I can focus on race craft related aspects of the race.

I do thoroughly enjoy the variation, but at times I think it is too much and, even though I get faster and learn a lot, that I actually get less consistent because the races are in some ways cacophonous.
Perhaps if some of the races could be more than a one-off event we could aim at getting more continuity into our practice.
For example, if we race on car class on Wednesday we also race them on Sunday, or the same track Wednesday and Sunday but different cars, or perhaps one of the days is always a certain class so we can practice more long term for those events.

My point is, with a lot of variation it is harder to focus on race craft, because we don't have consistent experiences to draw on, and can't make clear comparisons between races to see if we are making improvements.

Papa H
03-08-2015, 09:44

Hello Gentlemen,

this wednesday we are going back to the roots. Donington Park, UK with the good old Ginetta G40 Junior.

Date: 5th August 2015

Race: 1+32 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 13:00, start condition is overcast. Be prepared for British weather! ;)
Weather progression: 5x

Driving Aids: Real, that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 10 (Melbourne Hairpin).

For most of us everything started with this special combination, enjoy the time journey into the past :)

Greetings,

Sorry Guys, will have to miss this one, away visiting family, have a good one

miagi
03-08-2015, 09:47
Thank you for your feedback PerFixAlot.

Papa H
03-08-2015, 09:48

Post race results

sorry couldn't give you give you a better fight Mo, got a slow down penalty just as you caught me............next time

Will Fly
03-08-2015, 10:37
Not a bad race for me pitted twice first lap 20 and the second lap 40
could really feel the tyres going off at about 20 laps feel the tyres going off for me was ratterling in my FFB
not sure thats what im ment to be feeling
and it was not just me i heard a few people with the same problem
i dropped my gain setting as Zolt suggested but it was still the same

any thoughts peoples?.

Laurens Van Rossem
03-08-2015, 11:02
Finally a fun car :) I'll share my setup when it's finished.
I wanted to get into the 1:47.xxx but that seems pretty hard to do now xd

Edit: This setup is capable of doing those 47's, hopefully I am too when it cools down a little (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/328685121)

Pamellaaa
03-08-2015, 11:05
could really feel the tyres going off at about 20 laps feel the tyres going off for me was ratterling in my FFB

any thoughts peoples?.

Try switching the FFB profile to "Classic" and if this doesn't work then try increasing the soft clipping half and soft clipping full settings.

I have this issue on occasion when I am using "default" setup, since I have switched back to "Classic" they have all gone away, before classic increasing the two soft clipping settings helped as did lowering tyre force (but this obviously reduces overall feel which the soft clipping settings don't). You may also have your deadzone removal settings set too high, I believe that can have a similar effect but its not one that I have played around with too much myself.

Its a pain if it takes a long stint before the issue appears but using the FFB Telemetry will help here.

Gopher04
03-08-2015, 11:14

any thoughts peoples?.

Flat spots..

DrKabel
03-08-2015, 12:12

any thoughts peoples?.

As Gopher said, these are flat spots. Especially the Mercedes wears the soft tyres out really quickly. I had the same vibrations after about 20 laps, was pretty strong on the straights at the end of the stint. Very tricky to not lock up the brakes on this car, at least for me. Had a tyre wear of almost 60 (FL) after a ~25 lap stint. Strangely it felt like the flat spots were more on the right side tyres.

I love the Mercedes and I love Hockenheim so this was insanely fun to drive. Was by far not my best or consistent race, I had a bad start, went too fast into the first corner and pushed T0daY off the track where he instantly got a cut track penalty.. Very unfortunate, I'm really sorry for that. Then there wasn't much going on for most of the race.
Had to save fuel on the last 10 laps, otherwise it would've been a nice fight for P3 with T0daY...hehe. Instead, Will Fly and Photonenbert almost got me on the last lap, i think the gap was only 2 seconds in the end :)

Congrats on the win gaiserdelzo! :D And thanks for the awesome setup miagi, was a blast to drive :D

gaiser91
03-08-2015, 12:25
after 13 lap with the first tyres (soft) i've just some vibrations on my wheel (driving force gt). Infact i entered in the pit at the 17 lap because the vibrations and the performances are dropped.

My original strategy was:

17 laps with soft
26 laps with hard
17 laps with soft

but i've to chenged my planes because i've lost some power after a light collision.

I dont understand if the wear depends more, or a little from the drive style....in my opinion it depend very much from the wheel (or from the setting of FFB i hope).

Mirko Tartarotti
03-08-2015, 12:53
I dont understand if the wear depends more, or a little from the drive style....in my opinion it depend very much from the wheel (or from the setting of FFB i hope).

I started my tire drop around lap 16. I couldn't get much longer as the wheel seemed to be under earthquake mod.

I've done several tests with x3 tire wear. It seems that drivers who have high budget wheels are able to save better the tire usage, but we need more test IMHO to understand it better.

FlyingKman
03-08-2015, 12:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQ6oKidE20
something we all need to look at I rate, really good video.

http://safeisfast.com/sections/8-race-car-systems-and-dynamics/videos/30-basic-chassis-set-up-1#.Vb9npTYVg-V

also this...

Yorkie065
03-08-2015, 13:23
I would have thought that people with higher end wheels would have marginally better tyre wear anyway as they can probably feel more of what the car is doing under them therefore prevent the car from sliding sooner than someone with weak FFB in a cheaper wheel. I don't think it's directly linked to the wheel your using, just what the player can feel and then how they react. So in a way, or in theory, someone who has a £300+ wheel would have an advantage over someone who has a £50 wheel.

Other things that would affect the wear rates would be what happened in everyones race, whether they were in clear air or pack racing for however long, peoples individual driving style and of course their setups. Interesting to see that people got similar results from the tyre though in terms of flat spotting and wear. Driving style and then the individuals tolerance to the state of the tyres would have been the deciding factor as to when people would have pitted.

t0daY
03-08-2015, 13:32
I would have thought that people with higher end wheels would have marginally better tyre wear anyway as they can probably feel more of what the car is doing under them therefore prevent the car from sliding sooner than someone with weak FFB in a cheaper wheel. I don't think it's directly linked to the wheel your using, just what the player can feel and then how they react. So in a way, or in theory, someone who has a £300+ wheel would have an advantage over someone who has a £50 wheel.

Other things that would affect the wear rates would be what happened in everyones race, whether they were in clear air or pack racing for however long, peoples individual driving style and of course their setups. Interesting to see that people got similar results from the tyre though in terms of flat spotting and wear. Driving style and then the individuals tolerance to the state of the tyres would have been the deciding factor as to when people would have pitted.

I did not even know that you can feel worn tyres and vibration like that in Project Cars. The car behaviour was rlly shitty (excuse me for that :D) but I was so amazed by this vibration feeling that I stayed out and switched my strategy to 1 stop. Would have worked perfectly until I had a little crash and 30% aerodamage :( Remembered me of this here btw (Mr. Kvyat vibration problems 1:05 :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvALajrAWzU#t=66s

Anyway great race edit, great hommage at the end from vettel for jules. Was a really emotional race, now Jules and Senna driving together in the sky :')

miagi
03-08-2015, 13:53
Temperature and Wear depends on pace and driving style. And on tracks where the forces are very focused on one of the tries resp. one side like Hockenheim, Silverstone or Ocherseleben for example, a strategy to deal with the temps and wear can be a smart move. If my temps go too high, for example in Hockenheim I back off in the last double righthander, in Silverstone in the Carousel and in Oscherseleben in T1 the long righthander. That will keep the temps in control while only losing little time.

Mirko Tartarotti
03-08-2015, 13:58

Exactly, you probably have explained better my consideration, that has not to be considered as a complain, of course.

javoresku
03-08-2015, 15:40
Finally a fun car :) I'll share my setup when it's finished.
I wanted to get into the 1:47.xxx but that seems pretty hard to do now xd

Edit: This setup is capable of doing those 47's, hopefully I am too when it cools down a little (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/328685121)

My setup is pretty similar to your, but I cant get below 1:51.
Probably part of the problem is changing from 16:9 to 21:9 and getting used to the new FoV.

Will Fly
03-08-2015, 15:46
don't agree with flat spots as i tryed that locked up after only a few laps into a few sessions and drove on fine

but why for me only started laps 19 onwards,if it was flat spots surly i would have felt it earlier and not consistantly on lap 20.

will try the soft gain though.

Neil Bateman
03-08-2015, 16:06

any thoughts peoples?.

I had this issue at spa and was the main reason along with pit problems i had to quit, for no reason the whole feeling of the car and my wheel changed and seemed to have little or no grip and heaps of understeer, almost felt like my steering ratio had changed with how much further i was turning the wheel, and i also had the rattling on my G27 which i havent had for quite a while, definitely not on a straight piece of track anyway.

Will Fly
03-08-2015, 16:11
pit stops went fine for me this race changed to softs and lasted 20 laps then the vibration started.
pitted new boots and off for another 20 laps

miagi
03-08-2015, 16:33
As I promised, my McLaren Setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/200316660) I used in the race.

MelBonkers
03-08-2015, 19:22
sorry couldn't give you give you a better fight Mo, got a slow down penalty just as you caught me............next time

Papa H, no problem mate. A pitty we couldn't battle for the position.

My race was.....eeehmmm......interesting. In the end I started 23rd (PC crashed during qualifying so was actually happy I made it back in the session in the end. Then the race: actually things went well. After the first or second lap I was 12th so things went well. I lost the car two times which brought me back to 18th. The biggest part of the race I was chasing Roel and closing up on him....and then I lost the car and had to restart all over again. I got caught with the disconnection of Puffpirat which sent me into the wall at T1. This damaged my car in the first half of the race. My strategy was to pit once and finish the race. The strategy actually worked well and the softs hold on quite well (my lap times were between 1m33 and 1m34 for the biggest part of the race). In the end I pitted in lap 24/25 or so and got back on track with a nice driving car. I then continued on till the end having had problems in the last 10 laps managing my car and tires (lapt times dropped to 1m36-1m37). I had Kman behind me and as my lead over him was about 1 minute I decided to bring the car home. In the end the difference dropped to 30 seconds or so. I also had the rattling issue that Will experienced for the last 10 laps or so. Anyway, the result could definitely been better if I hadn't got off track 4 or 5 times. But hey.......that's racing ;-)

Puffpirat
03-08-2015, 19:38
I got caught with the disconnection of Puffpirat which sent me into the wall at T1. This damaged my car in the first half of the race.
Sorry Mo :hopelessness: called my provider today and will get an upgraded connection in the coming weeks :)

MelBonkers
03-08-2015, 19:43
Sorry Mo :hopelessness: called my provider today and will get an upgraded connection in the coming weeks :)

Puffpirat, no worries mate. Those things can happen. It's like racing remember ;-). Your car warping in front of me just caught me by surprise and then there was nothing I could anymore.

Martin G Webb
04-08-2015, 11:29
Puffpirat, no worries mate. Those things can happen. It's like racing remember ;-). Your car warping in front of me just caught me by surprise and then there was nothing I could anymore.

Will you guys either get a room or hug it out like men please ;)

Mirko Tartarotti
04-08-2015, 11:53
Will you guys either get a room or hug it out like men please ;)

Martin, will you join us for the Ginetta G40 event? I remember the time we spent together @Monza with that unpredictable car. I'd like to test it again after 1 year.. Possibly it shoul be improved in handling and braking. Who knows...

Will Fly
04-08-2015, 13:01
Think Martin should be getting the room :D

Mirko Tartarotti
04-08-2015, 13:16
Think Martin should be getting the room :D

Sweeeeeeet! Waa Waa

ZiggyUK
04-08-2015, 20:28
Fingers crossed I shall be racing Wednesday's GT5's at Donnington GP.

Pamellaaa
04-08-2015, 22:41
Well I now have a functioning PC again which has all sorts of nice things like a working OS, Project Cars installed and drivers for my steering wheel, this meant I could actually get some practice for this and see where my laptimes are. I used Will Fly's setup (Cheers Will) and made a couple of modifications to the diff settings and I did a best lap of 1:49.218. There are definitely 1:48s in the car but the lap would need to be pretty special I think - maybe with a draft in Qualifying I can get there.

In the race I think I will be looking at mid-49s to low-50s. Looking forward to this one, see you all tomorrow :)

Stevie_F
04-08-2015, 22:48
There should be a few of us joining now as there's no NCC race, which will make for an interesting race.

t0daY
05-08-2015, 05:44
Fingers crossed I shall be racing Wednesday's GT5's at Donnington GP.

Welcome back on board :) :p A good replacement for me because I wont be there for the next 2 wednesdays :(

Anyway, good luck to everybody and enjoy the Britsh weather in Donington ;) :D :D :D

Neil Bateman
05-08-2015, 06:01
Dont think i will make it tonight either, work till 7pm so have a great race.

Giovtec
05-08-2015, 06:36
I have a mess in my desk and work area, i might try to race with gamepad,, but my laps are around 1:52 - 53 on the dry, i believe there can be rain also, right?? D:

Laurens Van Rossem
05-08-2015, 07:47
Totally off-topic, but i think you guys are the perfect people to ask this.
Logitech just sent me a G29 wheel, what should I definitely include in my review?
Also, I asked if maybe later they could spare some wheels as a price for a championship, but as of now, they can't :(

NemethR
05-08-2015, 09:03
Logitech just sent me a G29 wheel, what should I definitely include in my review?
Also, I asked if maybe later they could spare some wheels as a price for a championship, but as of now, they can't :(

I seriously would like to know, from someone, I raced with, how much do you improve using a G25, G27, G29 compared to a cheaper wheel?
I use a logitech Momo Racing wheel, as that is the best I tried yet, but never tried those really expensive ones.

What extra do you get? Are you able to do faster laps with a more expensive wheel, because they are even better when it comes to feedback, and input?
Or is it simply just a newer toy, that has some extra buttons, and pedals? :)

I know, they have like 360 degree rotation, but I only use 180-200 anyway, so that would be no change to me.

Pamellaaa
05-08-2015, 09:16
I know, they have like 360 degree rotation, but I only use 180-200 anyway, so that would be no change to me.

Most wheels now are 900 or even 1080 degrees!

miagi
05-08-2015, 09:16
I agree with Nemeth, try to see if you get a different pace out of the wheels. The G25/7 is known to be a "quick" wheel, still remember Narukos impression after he tried the T300.

Besides that, try to overturn the front wheels with the wheels and see what feedback you get, I do that for heating up the tires.

NemethR
05-08-2015, 09:21
Most wheels now are 900 or even 1080 degrees!

Thats like the 120 Megapixel Tablet coming this year.
For what?! :D

I mean the Hubble Space Telescope is 5.69 Megapixels, if that is enough for NASA... :D

Pamellaaa
05-08-2015, 10:23
Thats like the 120 Megapixel Tablet coming this year.
For what?! :D

I mean the Hubble Space Telescope is 5.69 Megapixels, if that is enough for NASA... :D

I use 900 Degree most of the time, you need it if you are going to get simulated full lock in road cars and things!

On a completely different note I have just had my Load Cell kit and handbrake delivered to work, first job when I get home is installing the load cell and then giving it a thorough test!

TonyR
05-08-2015, 11:40
I've never turned my G25 more than 180°, so 360 side to side would be enough for me :)

However, Laurens, compare it directly to your G27, I guess this is what most people are interested in.

DrKabel
05-08-2015, 12:18
Hi guys, I've been having bluescreens for the last few days now and it's getting worse. So until this is fixed I think I'll not be able to race with you :(
Could be a minor thing but as I don't know where it comes from (didn't do anything to the hardware) it could take a while to figure out what to do.

Have fun :)

NemethR
05-08-2015, 13:04
Hi guys, I've been having bluescreens for the last few days now and it's getting worse. So until this is fixed I think I'll not be able to race with you :(
Could be a minor thing but as I don't know where it comes from (didn't do anything to the hardware) it could take a while to figure out what to do.

Have fun :)

Hope you get it sorted fast :)
But why not join, and lets hope?!

cluck
05-08-2015, 13:21

Have fun :)If you're not catching the info on the bluescreen before it disappears then download BlueScreenView from nirsoft.net and it will give you more info about the crash, as well as re-displaying the window.

If that doesn't prove conclusive then there's a site I found a couple of months ago that will analyse the crash log file in a few seconds and give you an almost definitive "it was this driver that crashed" result. It helped me nail a particularly troublesome laptop. This was the site - http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze I used.

Hope that helps :).

MelBonkers
05-08-2015, 13:36
I think I can join you guys this evening. However I don't have time to practise, so I'll jump in the car for qualifying, ask stupid questions about the setup and try to bring the car home. The Ginetta G40 is right hand driven right? That will add to the challenge as I seem to be unable to drive right hand driven cars properly :-S

Gopher04
05-08-2015, 13:59
Pete PM sent...

DrKabel
05-08-2015, 15:26
If you're not catching the info on the bluescreen before it disappears then download BlueScreenView from nirsoft.net and it will give you more info about the crash, as well as re-displaying the window.

If that doesn't prove conclusive then there's a site I found a couple of months ago that will analyse the crash log file in a few seconds and give you an almost definitive "it was this driver that crashed" result. It helped me nail a particularly troublesome laptop. This was the site - http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze I used.

Hope that helps :).

Thanks a lot cluck! :D That's exactly what I need, the bluescreen was only visible for about half a second every time. The link sounds promising!

Will try to fix it and hopefully be here for the race.

cluck
05-08-2015, 16:00
Thanks a lot cluck! :D That's exactly what I need, the bluescreen was only visible for about half a second every time. The link sounds promising!

Will try to fix it and hopefully be here for the race.As an addendum, you can disable the automatic rebooting feature when Windows hits a bluescreen, so that you have plenty of time to write down the message or take a photo. It's something I do for customers that have sporadic bluescreens.

For Windows XP/Vista/7 (and 8, if you have something like Classic Shell installed)

Click the Start button
Right-click on Computer/My Computer/This PC
Click on Properties
For XP and Vista - Click the Advanced tab
For 7 and 8 - click the Advanced Settings link in the left-hand column
Under the heading Start-up and Recovery, click Settings
Untick the box labelled Automatically Restart
Click OK and close any other windows until you are back to the desktop

If you're using the Windows 8 alternative interface

Type Control Panel and press Enter
Click the System and Security heading
Click System
Click the Advanced Settings link in the left-hand column

I think I've got that right. The instructions for XP and Vista might be slightly wrong, it's a while since I've used either of them :o.

MikeyTT
05-08-2015, 16:09
I think I may have sorted the issues with the Fanatec pedals that's been plaguing me, so it looks like I'll be able to make it tonight too.

Won't have time to run many laps before the event tho, but hey, you all need rolling road blocks right? ;)

DrKabel
05-08-2015, 16:30
As an addendum, you can disable the automatic rebooting feature when Windows hits a bluescreen, so that you have plenty of time to write down the message or take a photo. It's something I do for customers that have sporadic bluescreens.

For Windows XP/Vista/7 (and 8, if you have something like Classic Shell installed)

Click the Start button
Right-click on Computer/My Computer/This PC
Click on Properties
For XP and Vista - Click the Advanced tab
For 7 and 8 - click the Advanced Settings link in the left-hand column

If you're using the Windows 8 alternative interface

Type Control Panel and press Enter
Click the System and Security heading
Click System
Click the Advanced Settings link in the left-hand column

I think I've got that right. The instructions for XP and Vista might be slightly wrong, it's a while since I've used either of them :o.

Thank you again :D Yes, that was bugging me a bit , PC rebooting itself and (almost) instantly crashing again :p
I'll run a CPU test over night, could be the temperature maybe..although it worked fine until now. Or the PSU doesn't work like it should anymore. The crashes happened mostly when the PC was on for some time.

Sorry for this much off-topic talk here :p I'll just PM you if it doesn't get better, cluck :)

falcon2081
05-08-2015, 17:04
So who's going to be streaming today for little o'le me lol?

TonyR
05-08-2015, 17:21
So who's going to be streaming today for little o'le me lol?

I have to disappoint you this time, I won't be at home :(

falcon2081
05-08-2015, 17:45
I have to disappoint you this time, I won't be at home :(

It's all good! I'm at the beach enjoying the sun with a beer but wanted to watch some racing on my phone lol.

t0daY
05-08-2015, 18:04
If anyone is streaming let us know, need some pure racing action at work. Got 3 monitors at work, 1 is already reserved for the stream :D :D

MikeyTT
05-08-2015, 18:11
I have twitch setup, tho I've never tested with an online race before. I'll run it up during quail and see how that goes.

Not 100% of the full twitch URL, but I'm MikeyTT, so it should be twitch.tv/mikeytt

I can't guarantee I'll be running anywhere near the front tho, I've just done a few laps and I'm sat in the 1:51s at present.

Laurens Van Rossem
05-08-2015, 18:49
I'm streaming, link is in sig :)

miagi
05-08-2015, 19:29
I was disconnected.

Mirko Tartarotti
05-08-2015, 19:50
I'm sorry for the lag at the beginning of the race, during the warm lap. I've my ping over 1000, so I decided to try letting drivers behind lapping me but I suddenly saw my values coming on usual ones on 90/130ms. From 10th I started 17th or 18th position. I started my come back but I don't know what happened few laps late, when it started to rain. With that slippery asphalt I've gone for a pit on the 4th lap ( I thought I could resist more) on wet strategy but the default selected was the dry strategy that I've set before to know that it would have been a rainy session and I couldn't change anything neither leave the pit. Here attached my ping screen (I'm sorry again for the issue) and the strategy screen locked.

Regarding the connection status: It has been the 1st race that I started to use Pcars Profiler during an online session. I've tested before on other public lobbies and there was no problem about it. Can you tell me if shared memory is ok?

falcon2081
05-08-2015, 19:51
I'm streaming, link is in sig :)

I tried watching but it was buffering too much for this connection. Thanks for streaming though.

I'll be back from vacation Saturday so I will definitely be racing on Sunday! Not to mention I got some new goodies waiting for me when I get back.

Laurens Van Rossem
05-08-2015, 20:27
Nice race guys! Thanks again to the organizers. I don't know why the start was so confusing. I was doing 80 the entire lap exept after turn 1 when I forgot it was downhill there...
My video: http://www.twitch.tv/unicorn__plays/v/9829255 or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwHWKsjfiM
7:40 - Qualifying lap 1:48.355
15:25 - Formation lap
18:25 - Race start
22:15 - First pit stop for wet tires. Takes forever with this poorly designed menu.
23:05 - AlexOki goes off track and rejoins but spins out. I can't avoid him and crash into him and the wall. Suspension and aero damage followed until the next stop. Some overtakes happen as well.
29:00 - Second stop. Noticed I lost too much time on the straights, went to pit. My dumb head somehow went for dry tires... Takes forever with this poorly designed menu.
33:30 - Track is dry again and I can start doing some less slow laps. More overtakes and catch up to P2 when
51:00 - AlexOki lets Will pass but then blocks me. Braking and turning don't mix, a semi spin follows.
53:40 - Catch up again then guess what? AleOki does some really dumbdivebomb, spins and again, I lose 10s... Getting a bit annoyed at this point.
1:09:35 - Say hi to Will, but then it starts raining and I'm on old worn tires.
1:12:45 - Third stop. Couldn't safely keep up and had half a minute to Topsie. Wets this time. Takes forever with this poorly designed menu. Now 5-10s a lap faster than P1 and P2, am happy racer.
1:15:30 - Will stops, I'm now in P2
1:18:10 - Overtake Hobbnob and a bunch of traffic
1:21:25 - Win this race :) Thought I did four stops, but can't be bothered to watch the entire replay to make sure.

MikeyTT
05-08-2015, 20:32
My stream of the race. Very eventful: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt/v/9813846

I've not watched it yet, but apologies if I collected anyone. I had a bit of contact, but I'm not 100% how much was my fault.

Edit: Having just rewatched some of it it was hell of a battle. Quali 8th. Jumped out the way to avoid an accident in L1 and ended up 20+, then battled back to 4th. Failed pitstop where someone was in my pitbox! Then on the final pitstop I changed the fuel STUPIDLY, so I just had enough to finish the race, in what would have been 4th, but instead was DQ'd :(

Pretty exiting and quite a few good close battles, with what seemed like most of you ;)

McCarver: I heard you on TS say someone hit yo in Old Hall. It was me, so apologies, but if you look at the video (1:18 in), I was leaving you room and you did come back on track a little, when we touched.

Great race tho, most enjoyable!!!

Edit2 - Race Events:
20:10 - Race Start
20:46 - Jump off track to avoid hitting Delilah (looked like a small, late blocking move)
Recovering and overtaking
22:55 - Stinger_LP collision
More overtaking
26:15 - Mirovic contact (aquaplaning down the inside I think)
Hit by two more cars as I'm off track trying to recover
26:32 - Hairy lap in the wet, as I was unable to get to the pits safely
30:08 - Delilah contact (looks like they were starting to lose it and spinning infront)
Chasing down SillySausage and Battenberg
35:25 - All over Battenberg, close racing
36:12 - You're damn right he is ;)
37:12 - Pitting. Pitbnox occupied and AI driver has an "episode" - Back out on track just behind Ziggy
38:25 - Dispatched ;)
Get into pits, finally and set about chasing Delilah down
49:00 - Right on the back of the pack now. Battenburg is the 1st target
49:46 - Baulked by gio_vtec as we go down the craners, and lose time on Battenberg
51:12 - Past now and onto Delilah and Battenberg now
51:45 - Sneaky move down the inside. Where did the track go. Kinda ended and I ran into the kitty litter with XiondrapoS
53:04 - Nearly hit gio_vtec after he lagged
53:20 - Gap between two cars available -thought better of that
Close battles with XiondrapoS and Twiggy, and onto catching Delilah
56:45 - On the back of Delilah now
1:01:35 - Right on the back of Battenberg now. Sneaky undercut at the hairpin
Chasing down SillySausage
1:06:30 - On the back of SillySausage
1:08:04 - Finally past. Quite a tough sausage as it goes
1:13:20 - Raining so I pit. for some reason I cannot fathom I remove the fuel. IDIOT!!! Now I only just have enough to finish. Came out in 9th behind Pamellaaa
4 laps to go, pushing hard
1:15:18 - get loose into the chicane and get a cut warning. Luckiny I might add, as Pamellaaa spins out in front. I would have collected them had I not been slowed
Chasing down Delilah very quickly (slicks??)
1:16:27 - Easy pass and onto YERA #84
1:16:50 - Another easy pass, tho nearly contact (more slicks??)
1:18:25 - Contact with mccarver. To me it looks like you cut back onto the circuit (apologies either way)
Quickly catching hobnob, but not enough laps to have any chance of a podium
Realise I'm running out of fuel, so take it a little easier, and get a P4. Very pleased with that
1:24:30 - Actually I got P3 !!! Very happy!!
1:24:52 - Nope DQ, for running out of fuel!! Not so very happy now :(

Alex Hobbs
05-08-2015, 20:33
Congrats on the win Laurens! I'm super happy with 2nd, I moved to 1st from 11th and stayed there for a very long time, and never had to overtake a single person in the race since I did it all with pit strategy. One of the few races I've had that actually got the heart pumping, thanks guys :D

Roel de Meulder
05-08-2015, 20:35
I'm still amazed how y6ou kept in first during the rain... At some point the car just wouldn't go anymore for me so I only lost time staying out.

Amazing race though, I had people on my back all the time when I was or wasn't attacking. ;)

Topsie
05-08-2015, 20:43
Started in 22nd and finished 4th. Pretty chuffed. Guess I just took the stops at the right time:)

Great race by the way to all involved.

Battenberg
05-08-2015, 21:02
Ungh! Sweaty! That was great fun. There was some really good intense racing in that one. My favourite lap from from Delilah's POV ("kurwa!" :P) (https://youtu.be/sjywxwAOWb4?t=230). Turns out I cut the last corner a bit there, which helped me get a bit of a run towards T1. It wasn't my intention, I knew it was close, but so hard to tell with that blind turn-in though :(

I'm gutted I didn't get to save my replay in time, I had some great close moments with Sausage at the chicane and in the last few corners. Regardless of what the results say, Sausage beat me by 1/2 a car length, not sure why it scored me in front.

gaiser91
05-08-2015, 21:20
Congrats on the win Laurens!!!! very fast!! but this video explain (similar at Troy McClure :D xD) the cause of my race interruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2rcdVIbb4

It was too dangerous continue my race for you, each turn=360° spin.

Anything strange in the video? xD

small clue....tyres...

anything, thanks to all for the organization, it's always perfect! :)

quelus
05-08-2015, 21:23
Guys, the race was just awsome.
I lost couple of positions in the beginning on rain, but what happened then!

RACING IN THE PACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACE MUST WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjywxwAOWb4

Thanks fellas for fun and clean racing :)

MelBonkers
05-08-2015, 21:34
Sorry I had to miss that one guys :-(. From what I read it was a great race. Will be there this Sunday!

miagi
05-08-2015, 22:10
My Race until the Disconnect :(

http://youtu.be/GqK6syH6FvI

Photonenbert
05-08-2015, 22:10
My Race until the Disconnect :(

http://youtu.be/GqK6syH6FvI

ah now I know what went wrong...sry guys for moaning at you during forming up.

the problem was that I wasnt able to concentrate on the 2x2 formation because people where talking too much during the formation lap and you 3 guys in front didnt look sorted (right car was a tad behind) but of course I should have been able to count to 4...my mistake obviously, sry!

But please for the next time dial it down a bit, most importantly during the formation lap as everybody needs to hear the race directors voice and we cant shout on top of everybody. thank you :)

rest of my race was a bummer unfortunately. I didnt imagine the kerbs would be that slippery during the 3rd lap with rain so I spun and lost my 4th place and later on I wasnt going to improve as I spun some more and had problems with being recognized.

So please drive either with a map or with digital mirror or look around to see where your opponents are. I had a hard time trying to be recognized by cars on my left/right during lapping. If you dont use any mirrors (real or digital) you are not able to see head beams from lapping cars.

my respect for hobbs and his pits-for-pussies attitude.
congrats to Laurens for winning.

One more thing:

We really havent gotten much input from you guys concerning ideas for track/car combos? It really isnt much work for you, just think of one or two nice combos that makes sense and tell one of us guys via PM/ts/steam or whatever (Flying Kman/t0day/me). It doesnt have to be a "real" combination but it should definitely make sense.
Like lotus 98t at a karting circuit isnt going to happen.

if you dont tell us you cant be considered obviously ;)

gift
05-08-2015, 22:48
i will be racing at sunday again, last week i was a bit busy woth a trip to a convention and all around it.

Laurens Van Rossem
05-08-2015, 22:54
We really havent gotten much input from you guys concerning ideas for track/car combos? It really isnt much work for you, just think of one or two nice combos that makes sense and tell one of us guys via PM/ts/steam or whatever (Flying Kman/t0day/me). It doesnt have to be a "real" combination but it should definitely make sense.

Something overpowered on a tight track is always fun. Or road cars on a track where multiple cars perform similarly.

Puffpirat
05-08-2015, 22:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwHWKsjfiM
Laurens your FFB is clipping every time you turn the wheel. Is that wanted behavior? Your missing out on a lot of detail through the turns!

ZiggyUK
06-08-2015, 00:17
One more thing:

https://abootlander.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/funny-gifs-that-was-fun-lets-do-it-again.gif?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XbKvfCNrQhttps://abootlander.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/funny-gifs-that-was-fun-lets-do-it-again.gif?

https://abootlander.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/funny-gifs-that-was-fun-lets-do-it-again.gif? https://abootlander.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/funny-gifs-that-was-fun-lets-do-it-again.gif? https://abootlander.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/funny-gifs-that-was-fun-lets-do-it-again.gif?

Giovtec
06-08-2015, 01:21
ok, that was a really fun race, but,, i fired my pit crew for not letting me know in advance that my pit box was occupied not once but 3 times :/.

i have a big crash in the beginning of the race i think there were 3 or more drivers i collided with (sorry), anyways, the ending was a close one with BumperCarrot for 19th position. :B

ZiggyUK
06-08-2015, 01:30
Well apart from the atrocious formation lap - what the hell was going on up front today - the actual race was just so much fun. Ideal weather conditions so well done to the guys for sorting that out for us.

It has been a while since I actually drove anything so getting back in the seat tonight reminded me of why I started the TGC up in the first place.

Although I was a bit rusty I shall up my on-board video anyway as so much was happening on and off. I know over 2 laps I went from 16 to 4 to 22 to 17 or something like that.

To go back again and mention the formation lap. Please can you alien pole setters learn to drive at the correct constant speed and not one of your own choosing. It was a total mess tonight. The practice runs the NCC perform do not fall apart like tonight's did. I have given the race directors the option to instruct a second formation lap if the pack is not correctly bunched.

SillySausage
06-08-2015, 05:02
One of the most enjoyable races I've had since I joined you fine TGC boys! Great racing by all and thanks to whoever chose the perfectly timed weather settings for the race and especially thanks to Battenberg for the close finish! 22th to 6th-ish!!! :)

P.S. Does anyone have any tips for qualifying? I always seems to qualify lower then my times suggest simply because of running into slightly slower traffic who are also on hotlaps then running out of quali time.

Laurens Van Rossem
06-08-2015, 07:37
Laurens your FFB is clipping every time you turn the wheel. Is that wanted behavior? Your missing out on a lot of detail through the turns!
It's not wanted, for some reason, my wheel just feels really heavy all the time... I tried the classic setting but that just made everything really light :s

NemethR
06-08-2015, 07:59
Guys, the race was just awsome.
I lost couple of positions in the beginning on rain, but what happened then!

RACING IN THE PACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACE MUST WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjywxwAOWb4

Thanks fellas for fun and clean racing :)

This was so much fun, going on for laps, and laps, and laps.
I very much enjoyed it, it was just Epic :)

Also thank you Laurens for the Setup you shared, the car was so much more stable,
and predictable with it.

And thanks to Today, Photon, and FlayingKman for organising the race, it was one of the most fun races for me.
(But, damn that rain)

I think we should call green-green-green, as there was way to much confusion at the start of the race.
(Are we racing, are we doing another formation?)

Yorkie065
06-08-2015, 08:09
It's not wanted, for some reason, my wheel just feels really heavy all the time... I tried the classic setting but that just made everything really light :s

I've left everything in the game as default, haven't touched a thing, but in my Logitech Profiler I've dropped the strength to 80% and it works fine for me. There might be a tiny bit of clipping but 90% of the time I'm still getting detail and the weights not too bad. Enough so it's heavy, but light enough to really throw the wheel around if you need to for quick reaction movements. Using the DFGT btw

Pamellaaa
06-08-2015, 08:39

I run with classic as it gives me a nice lot of detail, the wheel is a bit light at defaults but I then increased FB to 100 and made all other adjustments through the Thrustmaster Control Panel.

Puffpirat
06-08-2015, 08:51
You could give jack spades tweaker files a go or have a look at how he sets the ingame parameters. The tweakers were initially done for the CSW but he describes now how to adapt it to a G27 for example... A lot of people seem to like it :) I use them for my wheel and they are great :)

Edit: Sorry was on the phone: here is the link to Jack's files (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=891198&viewfull=1#post891198). You could also give Photonenbert's guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE&p=884780&viewfull=1#post884780) a try :)

Photonenbert
06-08-2015, 09:16

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Monaco with the Formula Gulf 1000.

Date: 9th August 2015

Race: 1+59 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00
Weather forecast: Patchy cloud is expected at the start of the race but conditions seem set to deteriorate, even so it appears unlikely that we will see any significant rainfall before the race is over.
Weather progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real,that means no ABS, no TC, no SC

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 19 (Anthony Noghes).

Finally the Gentlemen’s Club arrives at Monaco. Who will win the prestige race of Monaco?

Greetings,

Photonenbert
06-08-2015, 09:23
Something overpowered on a tight track is always fun. Or road cars on a track where multiple cars perform similarly.

a bit more specific if possible would be great

NemethR
06-08-2015, 09:33

Hello Gentlemen,

Race: 1+59 laps (Flying Start)

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00, starting with light clouds and the conditions getting worse (that doesn't necessarily mean rain ;))

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are gonna make the 2x2 formation after turn 19 (Anthony Noghes).

That sounds fun!

Laurens Van Rossem
06-08-2015, 09:33
Can we get an extra reminder of lapping and being lapped for monaco and formula cars? The track really isn't good for overtaking, so do we have the slower cars move out of the way instead of the faster ones going around them?
I think if we drive this combo like some people did yesterday, that we'll have a massive pile-up at some point.

MikeyTT
06-08-2015, 09:40

Hello Gentlemen,

Race: 1+59 laps (Flying Start)

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00, starting with light clouds and the conditions getting worse (that doesn't necessarily mean rain ;))

Finally the Gentlemen’s Club arrives at Monaco. Who will win the prestige race of Monaco?

Greetings,

Damn!!

Wasn't going to join in on Sunday, as I pick up my new car on Sat and was going to go for bit of a jaunt into Wales on Sunday. But this track and car combo will be a great deal of fun.

Huge dilemma!

NemethR
06-08-2015, 09:41
I try to go out of the way anyway, but you guys could just call it out, and need to be patient.
I mean, you can get out of the way only in the straights, and Monaco does not have much of those.

On the other hand, if the guys at the back, knock you aliens out, we might get a chance to win :D

t0daY
06-08-2015, 10:12
Can we get an extra reminder of lapping and being lapped for monaco and formula cars? The track really isn't good for overtaking, so do we have the slower cars move out of the way instead of the faster ones going around them?
I think if we drive this combo like some people did yesterday, that we'll have a massive pile-up at some point.

Thats why we drive this combo ;) To learn how to do it right... No extra reminder, no extra rule, they dont have it Real life either. Gonna be a big challenge for everyone :)

TonyR
06-08-2015, 10:18
Hm, nice Combo but why such a long race again?

Formula Gulf usually drives two 50 km races, that would be 2x15 laps at Monaco.

I would really enjoy to drive two 15 laps races. I mean it's not like anyone would overtake anyway :)

Photonenbert
06-08-2015, 10:21
and they also dont have headlights so no flashing in this race possible.

t0daY
06-08-2015, 10:22

Formula Gulf usually drives two 50 km races, that would be 2x15 laps at Monaco.

I would really enjoy to drive two 15 laps races. I mean it's not like anyone would overtake anyway :)

We do not take the Real Life as reference. Sunday is always a 90 minute race, thats how the 1+59 laps coming from.

Also a very very very good training for lapping cars under heavy circumstances. Told you all before the GEN races are no "fun"-races ;)

Mirko Tartarotti
06-08-2015, 11:26

Do you think is possible to create a spreadsheet on google docs where everyone could write his suggestion and then put the most reliable/sense on vote?

t0daY
06-08-2015, 11:29
Do you think is possible to create a spreadsheet on google docs where everyone could write his suggestion and then put the most reliable/sense on vote?

A spreadsheet is not necessary. Just give us input what do you wish for a combo and tell us :) - (best way via pm in the forums)

The rest will be done by us, thats why we are actually here :p :p

NemethR
06-08-2015, 11:29

Ohh, I submitted some already, but keep it going guys. :)

Photonenbert
06-08-2015, 11:33
A spreadsheet is not necessary. Just give us input what do you wish for a combo and tell us :) - (best way via pm in the forums)

The rest will be done by us, thats why we are actually here :p :p

a spreadsheet is just more work more work. a simply pm as today said is more than enough. 2 or 3 combos and thats good. if 10 members write them we have 30 races and some months covered. easy as that if you help us out ;)

t0daY
06-08-2015, 11:35
Ohh, I submitted some already, but keep it going guys. :)

Yes, I really have to mention that. So far, the best work we received :) NemethR sending us Combos which he already tested, gave us input about fuel consumption and tire wear. Comparable times and so on...

The 2,4 hour race of Spa and the Ruapuna race with the Group A cars were wishes from NemethR :) So a big compliment to NemethR and his work helping us finding and racing good combos :)

NemethR
06-08-2015, 11:42
Yes, I really have to mention that. So far, the best work we received :) NemethR sending us Combos which he already tested, gave us input about fuel consumption and tire wear. Comparable times and so on...

The 2,4 hour race of Spa and the Ruapuna race with the Group A cars were wishes from NemethR :) So a big compliment to NemethR and his work helping us finding and racing good combos :)

Don't make a Celebrity out of me :D

I really do that only for my own fun, and when I find something interesting with my little tests, I let you know.

Tricky
06-08-2015, 11:51

Thread thread does need to be renamed to endurance doesn't it.

t0daY
06-08-2015, 12:05
Thread thread does need to be renamed to endurance doesn't it.

Not gettin it to be honest^^

Photonenbert
06-08-2015, 12:07
normal races go 60-90 minutes. thats what we have. and if its a sprint combination over a weekend it still summs up to something like that with 4 15-20 min races for V8 supercars for example.

Stevie_F
06-08-2015, 12:22

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

Can we not have specific weather info?

NemethR
06-08-2015, 12:35

Its Monaco, the Sun always shines :)

t0daY
06-08-2015, 12:39

We had this discussions several times. Some people want only the start weather conditions and nothing more... Other people want the direction of the weather (as you can see in our post)... And another ones want the complete specific weather...

3 possibilites to announce the weather, but we can do it only one way. There is no chance to make everyone happy, but giving you the direction of the weather conditions seems to be the best middleway between "no infos" and "all infos"...

Timmynator
06-08-2015, 13:35
Man, all those nice combos and I just can't find the time to compete...haven't used my racing rig since my data went boom.

On the other hand, NatorNator might soon get his own man-cave...and once that's an option, I'll have to keep myself very restrained not to look into motion rigs :D

NemethR
06-08-2015, 13:43
We had this discussions several times. Some people want only the start weather conditions and nothing more... Other people want the direction of the weather (as you can see in our post)... And another ones want the complete specific weather...

3 possibilites to announce the weather, but we can do it only one way. There is no chance to make everyone happy, but giving you the direction of the weather conditions seems to be the best middleway between "no infos" and "all infos"...

If you are not happy enough with the announced race, leave it out and wait for next one :) No one forces you to attend on every race, especially when you are not liking it :)

*edit* No more discussions about the race, take it or leave it :p

I still would vote for:

Longer races: (90min +)
3 weather slots, the 1st is fixed, and the other two are random.
The fixed is known to all, the random is random to all.
Yes, it could turn from dry, to Thunderstorm... Just like a real race.

Short races: (30 min or less)
1 fixed slot, known to all.

Medium Races: ( 30-90 min)
2 slots, 1st is fixed, 2nd is random, 1st known to all.

Heavily time accelerated races (6, 12 or 24H simulation:)
4 slots, first two fixed, and the same, 3rd and 4th random.
OR all slots set, and known to all.

or two slots, the first fixed, the 2nd is random.

This way it woudl be the same for everyone.

Stevie_F
06-08-2015, 13:44

If you are not happy enough with the announced race, leave it out and wait for next one :) No one forces you to attend on every race, especially when you are not liking it :)

*edit* No more discussions about the race, take it or leave it :p

I was only asking cause I was wondering why we were not getting specific info about the weather rather than mixed signals. Anyway, I'm not going to miss this, it's monaco!

t0daY
06-08-2015, 13:47
I still would vote for:

Longer races: (2 hour +)
3 weather slots, the 1st is fixed, and the other two are random.
The fixed is known to all, the random is random to all.
Yes, it could turn from dry, to Thunderstorm... Just like a real race.

Shorter races:
1 fixed slot, or two slots, the first fixed, the 2nd is random.

This way it woudl be the same for everyone.

"Just like a real race" - In a real race there is a red flag in conditions like thunderstorm, heavy fog, heavy fog + thunderstorm. Random slots are atm no option to use until you can strike out thunderstorm or heavy fog.

About longer races... Remember we are starting at 19:00 UTC that means for most of us europeans 21:00 local time. Until everything is done with qualy and so on, maybe 1 restart we are starting at 21:30... then 2 hours of racing, or even more you are at 0:00... Normal people have to work at monday and have to wake up early. No option atm doing longer races than 1 1/2 hour racing + qualy/warmup...

Gopher04
06-08-2015, 13:54

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

To me this should be a standing start race..

t0daY
06-08-2015, 14:01
To me this should be a standing start race..

Go to 0:30, there you see, flying start for the formula gulfs 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Ca3VpNEmU

"We had Hockenheim already". "That should be a standing start" and so on... Is your only mission here to be here and make complain-comments about the upcoming races??
Did not see you in 1 single race the last few weeks.. do not know what your exact aim is to be honest.

Pamellaaa
06-08-2015, 14:11
Quickly returning to the weather I see what t0daY is currently doing as more of a weather forecast, you get a rough idea of what might happen but you can never quite trust the weatherman - particularly in the UK ;)

Might be good if it was presented like this t0daY? for yesterdays race for example you could have said:

Conditions look changeable with a reasonable chance of heavy but isolated downpours - any rain is likely to be short lived but sustained spells are possible.

Its pretty similar to what you are doing at the moment but gives it a bit more of a realistic feel and yet still leaves that element of surprise and stops anyone from rehearsing an exact pit strategy knowing the exact conditions.

NemethR
06-08-2015, 14:16
Random slots are atm no option to use until you can strike out thunderstorm or heavy fog.

Why would we do that?!
I mean I remember the race at Hockenheim with the M1 Procar, there was thunderstorm, and it was fun as hell.

There is no problem with thunderstorm, as it is the same for everyone, and is a suprise for everyone.
And lets face it, we have:
Clear, Light Cloud, Medium Cloud, Heavy Cloud, Overcast, Light Rain, Rain, Heavy Rain, Rain with Fog, Fog, Heavy Fog, Hazy, Storm, Thunderstorm.

That makes it:

57% chance that weather will be dry. And only 7% chance of we getting thunderstorm.
I think that is quite reasonable.

Photonenbert
06-08-2015, 14:24
Why would we do that?!
I mean I remember the race at Hockenheim with the M1 Procar, there was thunderstorm, and it was fun as hell.

There is no problem with thunderstorm, as it is the same for everyone, and is a suprise for everyone.
And lets face it, we have:
Clear, Light Cloud, Medium Cloud, Heavy Cloud, Overcast, Light Rain, Rain, Heavy Rain, Rain with Fog, Fog, Heavy Fog, Hazy, Storm, Thunderstorm.

That makes it:

57% chance that weather will be dry. And only 7% chance of we getting thunderstorm.
I think that is quite reasonable.

because as t0day said, real races will get red flag if there is thunderstorm and fog.

Gopher04
06-08-2015, 14:40
Go to 0:30, there you see, flying start for the formula gulfs 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Ca3VpNEmU

"We had Hockenheim already". "That should be a standing start" and so on... Is your only mission here to be here and make complain-comments about the upcoming races??
Did not see you in 1 single race the last few weeks.. do not know what your exact aim is to be honest.

Due to the fact you were in agreement about people not using this thread to have a go someone or insult and so on, you have just gone against it, also then you send a PM at the same time, don't be a hypocrite today, plus it doesn't matter if Im racing at the moment or not, it doesn't stop me from making comments or as above a suggestion, do not try and make this into something else to boost your own ego, you could of just come back with a replay ' Go to 0:30, there you see, flying start for the formula gulfs 1000' that would of been fine.

Conversation over.

NemethR
06-08-2015, 14:43
because as t0day said, real races will get red flag if there is thunderstorm and fog.

Mainly only because in these circumstances the Medical Helicopter (Chopper) cannot take off.
But we do not race real races. :)

Laurens Van Rossem
06-08-2015, 15:13
I'm planning on doing this race with the G29, I'll share a setup some time tomorrow when I get it and get the car stable and fast enough, so I wont have to lap anyone :D

FlyingKman
06-08-2015, 15:19
hey hey guys. i just want to say to Steve and Gopher, please excuse T0day, the German way is very harsh and i explained to him what you meant, i think it will be all sorted.

p.s can't wait for this race ill be getting my T300 GTE tomorrow can NOT wait! please don't end my life too soon on the track. also guys we need to knuckle down on those formation laps i can't see us going backward, we looking forward to leagues we can't be messing it up at the formation. THOUGH racing was and always been amazing. i think with these challenging races that you guys are sending us we will be ready for some crazy good races.

Tricky
06-08-2015, 15:39
Not gettin it to be honest^^

In the past when TGC ran events a ~90min event was called an endurance race. Since for most people that is a long race.

While it's great to have you guys making sure these bi-weekly events remain popular, it's a shame you seem so blinkered on race duration. We keep mixing up the circuit, cars and weather,... but the thought of running a sprint or 45min events is looked down upon?

It's a shame as I thought the point of these one-off events was to mix things up and get people involved and active until a proper comps start up.

Topsie
06-08-2015, 15:42
In the past when TGC ran events a ~90min event was called an endurance race. Since for most people that is a long race.

While it's great to have you guys making sure these bi-weekly events remain popular, it's a shame you seem so blinked on race duration. We keep mixing up the circuit, cars and weather,... but the thought of running a sprint or 45min events is looked down upon?

It's a shame as I thought the point of these one-off events was to mix things up and get people involved and active until a proper comps start up.

It is a long time thats for sure

Gopher04
06-08-2015, 15:45
hey hey guys. i just want to say to Steve and Gopher, please excuse T0day, the German way is very harsh and i explained to him what you meant, i think it will be all sorted

Hey I speak to alot of his fellow countryman, and don't have that opinion with them..And half of my family is German.

Gopher04
06-08-2015, 15:50

While it's great to have you guys making sure these bi-weekly events remain popular, it's a shame you seem so blinked on race duration. We keep mixing up the circuit, cars and weather,... but the thought of running a sprint or 45min events is looked down upon?

Agree with Tricky on this, long events all the time don't suit everyone, two sprint events can be very helpful to alot of drivers, as they might only have time to do one, ie like the 2nd race as they come home late, one endurance race can stop them taking part, but atleast with two short races they might get chance to drive on of them.

t0daY
06-08-2015, 15:53
Quickly returning to the weather I see what t0daY is currently doing as more of a weather forecast, you get a rough idea of what might happen but you can never quite trust the weatherman - particularly in the UK ;)

Might be good if it was presented like this t0daY? for yesterdays race for example you could have said:

Conditions look changeable with a reasonable chance of heavy but isolated downpours - any rain is likely to be short lived but sustained spells are possible.

Its pretty similar to what you are doing at the moment but gives it a bit more of a realistic feel and yet still leaves that element of surprise and stops anyone from rehearsing an exact pit strategy knowing the exact conditions.

Really like this idea. I think my english is not good enough to make predictions like that :( Anyway, the poster will be updated soon, thats the new forecast for the Monaco race:

Weather & Time ingame: 14:00
Weather forecast: Patchy cloud is expected at the start of the race but conditions seem set to deteriorate, even so it appears unlikely that we will see any significant rainfall before the race is over.

Many thanks to Pam by doing this sentence of words I need to read twice before I understand it completly. I hope that is a better "middleway" than the last.

Another story...

...about my last few comments. I am kinda stressed at the moment (it is no excuse!) but I took some comments quite personally and reacted like that with really harsh "german" answers, as Kman described. I totally understand the problematic now and thank you to Kman, who actually came to me and told me I should calm down from my madness trip. I took a shower and everything seems to be normal again (at least I hope so)
Want to apologize me that way, should leave the keyboard in such a situation and not using it the way I did.

We already changed the weather forecast, hope that sounds at least better than our old text. About the standing/flying start thing. A standing start would make things a lot easier, but I think its a good challenge and opportunity to do a formation lap in monaco. If we keep, for the formation lap, the chat at its minimum, I am really confident that we can do a good formation lap even in monaco.

At the moment we are running currently only wish combos from members. But we can re-think about 2 race formats for the future... Watch out for the next sunday race in 8 days, will be again kinda a special event, everybody needs to be there!

Pamellaaa
06-08-2015, 16:06
At the moment we are running currently only wish combos from members. But we can re-think about 2 race formats for the future and watch out for the next sunday race in 8 days, will be again kinda a special event, everybody needs to be there!

Just to add to this I know that at least one member has requested a sprint race format for the running of their requested race, no reason why others can't as well.

Timmynator
06-08-2015, 16:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

:D

Will Fly
06-08-2015, 16:28
For me anyway you also have to be a where that most of us here have raced each other for the last 4 years

and to have a 16 year old (not all new members) come along and tell you how its going to happen will take some time to get

used to for me that is (manners respect what ever you want to call it)

just my thoughts from a 50 year old fart

MikeyTT
06-08-2015, 16:51

TBH for me I don't mind the surprise, certainly with these fun races, but a forecast like that is pretty good, without giving the entire weather plan away.

Edit:
t0day: If you got my suggestion via PM earlier, please don't run that next Wed, as I'm certainly away on business. I'm sure it's in a long list and will be a way down the line, but I wanted to make sure as I would be gutted if I missed it ;)

Martin G Webb
06-08-2015, 16:59
I can see both sides of discussion when it comes to race duration, there are times I simply don't have enough free time to race for over an hour but events like Spa the other week deserve the red carpet treatment and should remain a part of the TGC event cycle.

I don't think it's case of getting used to a new way of doing things, or a matter of respect/manners. These events are being organised and run by people that want to do them, all of those that had expressed an interest have/had been asked if they wanted to run them and either taken it on or refused it. I believe there's room for wider discussion on the events, until league racing starts but that in it self takes time effort and agreement, which in a group as diverse as ours isn't going to be easy.

Let's face it, most of us will be happy once the first season is announced and we can all see the fixture list, pick our car, team mate and get on with it.

ZiggyUK
06-08-2015, 17:29
Thank you Martin that saves me typing a lot of it out. :encouragement:

There has to be a higher tolerance level between everybody atm. I knew it would always be a strange progression from Pre-Alpha/Beta to Release and the integration of new blood.

As Will stated a lot of the guys have been together for a few years now and that creates a close bond. The newer TGC have come up the ranks of the NCC>PNC>TGC and they have a close bond. This is all natural and nothing strange about it. The old guys want everything done the old way and the new blood are brimming with ideas they want to try. Of course a majority of these ideas I have tried before so now the pitfalls of those we did not adopt.

However the old guys need to give the newer guys a chance to experiment and try some of their new ideas. I have always given people the opportunity to work as TGC staff and some have turned it down more than once. Remember the TGC staff are all volunteers, nobody gets paid, just the same as we volunteered to be part of WMD. I pick the staff on their merits and have full faith in all of those that are working hard behind the scenes to make things happen. There is far more that goes on then you can imagine at times and as the staff guys will tell you it can get quite tiring/stressful/aggravating etc. doing all of this for absolutely nothing more than saving the rest of you from doing anything.

So yes keep the insults flying but aim them all at me and not each other. I am used to the barrage of shit. Be mindful and considerate to each other as that is part of belonging to the TGC in the first place.

edit: and Timmynator, that id friggin' epic mate ;)

Timmynator
06-08-2015, 20:55
edit: and Timmynator, that id friggin' epic mate ;)

The man-cave part or Fawlty Towers? ;) I thought everyone could use a laugh before we descended into yet another rabbit hole of Anglo-Germanic communication habits...plus it's a classic.

ZiggyUK
06-08-2015, 21:04
Well both actually - but yes I was referring to the Fawlty towers

falcon2081
06-08-2015, 21:04
Finally! I get to see Sunday's race. Looks good. I hope one of you fast guys tows me around and teaches me some lines. The slow people like me need a chance lol.

Seems some of you will have new wheels. Would love to hear reviews after the race on how you liked them.

As far as the time for these races is concerned. I like where they are at. In fact I hope in the future once the pesky bugs are ironed out in this game we can do 3-6 hour endurance racing. I do love sprint races and would love to see a format where we do say 2 30 min races or do a mini sprint championship of say 20min 5 sprint races at different tracks. Could be exciting. I also would like to see some oddball stuff. A mystery race with a random car and track. This could be done on Wednesnday's obviously. Sunday should always be official race day.

That's all I got at the moment. I'll see you guys on Saturday in TS. :)

t0daY
06-08-2015, 21:40
TBH for me I don't mind the surprise, certainly with these fun races, but a forecast like that is pretty good, without giving the entire weather plan away.

Edit:
t0day: If you got my suggestion via PM earlier, please don't run that next Wed, as I'm certainly away on business. I'm sure it's in a long list and will be a way down the line, but I wanted to make sure as I would be gutted if I missed it ;)

Copy that. Thanks for your input MikeyTT :)

wodm
07-08-2015, 00:11
Finally! I get to see Sunday's race. Looks good. I hope one of you fast guys tows me around and teaches me some lines. The slow people like me need a chance lol.

Seems some of you will have new wheels. Would love to hear reviews after the race on how you liked them.

As far as the time for these races is concerned. I like where they are at. In fact I hope in the future once the pesky bugs are ironed out in this game we can do 3-6 hour endurance racing. I do love sprint races and would love to see a format where we do say 2 30 min races or do a mini sprint championship of say 20min 5 sprint races at different tracks. Could be exciting. I also would like to see some oddball stuff. A mystery race with a random car and track. This could be done on Wednesnday's obviously. Sunday should always be official race day.

That's all I got at the moment. I'll see you guys on Saturday in TS. :)This could work, i have done mini fifa leagues in a single session the past. Could actually be a fun thing to try. would take maybe 2 hours with all faffing about included. excellent idead for a one off or even every couple of months.. +1 from me

ZiggyUK
07-08-2015, 02:46
Okay, as slow and boring as I am here is the video from behind a triple screen setup ( 6000x1080 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJLluwcCtI

I would suggest using HD to watch though HD VERSION (http://www.youtube.com/embed/raJLluwcCtI?vq=hd1080)

or if you fancy it from the TV Cams then

http://www.youtube.com/embed/hyRrkDW-SO8?vq=hd1080

Definitely need to run in HD to watch this one HD VERSION (http://www.youtube.com/embed/hyRrkDW-SO8?vq=hd1080)

or you can of course sync both up at the same time if you wanted to, I am guessing you wont want to :/

NemethR
07-08-2015, 12:00
New patch notes:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes

Mr. T0day, I think the discussion about Weather is now irrelevant, with the new system being implemented. :)

t0daY
07-08-2015, 12:02
New patch notes:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes

Mr. T0day, I think the discussion about Weather is now irrelevant, with the new system being implemented. :)

Sent ya the same message via steam :D :D Lets see how it will be like. Anyway, lets do some "random" weather tests this weekend :)

Pamellaaa
07-08-2015, 12:04
New patch notes:

Partially, but my understanding of the new system is that you will only see the upcoming weather when you enter the pitlane, we will still need to have some form of weather forecast to give people advanced notice of what might or might not be happening!

Laurens Van Rossem
07-08-2015, 12:28
They also changed cut--track detection, great because now you can almost ignore those monaco chicanes. They also made changes to the pit stops, maybe I won't have to rage every time now xd

Battenberg
07-08-2015, 12:55
Lots of good bits for video makers too! I'm thinking of dipping my toe into making some race recaps. The ability to switch between cars during replays is going to be super handy.

NemethR
07-08-2015, 13:06
Also notice the line saying:

* Escort MK1 and DLC BMW 2002 Turbo – rebalanced the AI performance.

miagi
07-08-2015, 13:07
Yes, we know that car will come :P

Yorkie065
07-08-2015, 13:11
Partially, but my understanding of the new system is that you will only see the upcoming weather when you enter the pitlane, we will still need to have some form of weather forecast to give people advanced notice of what might or might not be happening!

Not necessarily (have some form of forecast). If we had a start condition that was chosen and we all knew, the second and 3rd slots could be random. We'd all still be in the same boat and it will be interesting to see how 1, people react initially and then 2, adjust their cars and strategies to account for it. It really pulls on the strings of peoples strategy choices as they can get a better understanding going into the race and plan as the race starts to unfold rather than just reacting on a lap by lap basis. Its basically makes NemethRs' previous idea a lot more feasible, and we get more useful info about the weather itself and can therefore make more accurate choices rather than guessing.

Timmynator
07-08-2015, 13:19
Holy crap, now that's what I call a patch-log. Especially the whole pit lane and GUI usability improvements.

Tire wear level? Progessive tire temperatures? Color-coded fuel levels? On the HUD? For me? Psh, totally arcade, I don't need player coaching like Hamilton. :D

wodm
07-08-2015, 13:22
switching between card in replays will be a great addition, (will it work with already saved replays?)
Spectator mode too :)

miagi
07-08-2015, 13:23
Holy crap, now that's what I call a patch-log. Especially the whole pit lane and GUI usability improvements.

Tire wear level? Progessive tire temperatures? Color-coded fuel levels? On the HUD? For me? Psh, totally arcade, I don't need player coaching like Hamilton. :D
Than grab I oculurs rift and say bye bye to the HUD and go full sim :D
Actually that is something I wanted to ask, in vr you have no hud right?

t0daY
07-08-2015, 13:33
Not necessarily (have some form of forecast). If we had a start condition that was chosen and we all knew, the second and 3rd slots could be random. We'd all still be in the same boat and it will be interesting to see how 1, people react initially and then 2, adjust their cars and strategies to account for it. It really pulls on the strings of peoples strategy choices as they can get a better understanding going into the race and plan as the race starts to unfold rather than just reacting on a lap by lap basis. Its basically makes NemethRs' previous idea a lot more feasible, and we get more useful info about the weather itself and can therefore make more accurate choices rather than guessing.

Be free to join kman, photo, me and nemeth on the weekend. We gonna test the "random weatherslots", because I have the feeling your getting to 80% only rain. Also me personally, I dislike the thunderstorm and heavy fog story... Every normal race would see the red flag under such conditions. But maybe we can workout something :)

Maybe the patch will be introduced today/tomorrow (unlikely I know^^).
But great news with this amazing new patch, can not wait to test everything and drive the new DLC car :)

NemethR
07-08-2015, 13:37
...and drive the new DLC car :)

I have a feeling we will get 4-5 cars, not only the BMW. :)
But tbh, those old cars are super huge fun to drive, SO I am looking forward to them.

On what day do you guys plan to do that test btw?

Yorkie065
07-08-2015, 13:39

Then turn it off. Thats the beauty of sim games :)

And T0day, is the patch out now then? I don't think it's worth doing until the patch has come out so we therefore know what we're going to be getting as the way it works could change with the patch.

t0daY
07-08-2015, 13:44
@NemethR @Yorkie065

Not yet. I hope it will get online this evening or tomorrow :) About the testing... Nothing specific planned yet, read somewhere that the "random" slot is kinda broken and that you get only rainy conditions. That could be a test worth... And maybe, if they introduce the new patch the next few days, we could work out a new system with the weather for the GEN races :) If SMS is putting so much effort in this, we should definetly take it!

TonyR
07-08-2015, 13:49
* PC – added support to enable Opponent Car Reflections by using the “-insane” command-line option.

Insanely awesome Patch. The Pit Strategy/Setup/Spectator Mode changes really add to our League experience.

t0daY
07-08-2015, 13:52
Insanely awesome Patch. The Pit Strategy/Setup/Spectator Mode changes really add to our League experience.

I totally agree... in this case if you are in the race and had several crashes or a pitstop went wrong again (hopefully sorted out with 3.0!! :D) and want to leave the race (which is always sad because then your disappearing also from the replay) you can actually "return to the pits" and act as a steward or marshal... You can watch the race till the end with the spectator mode and you will be still in the replay :) :) This should be a rule :D :D ;)

NemethR
07-08-2015, 14:11
@Today:

I will be mostly on, playing PCars, but give me a shout on Steam about an hour before, if possible, and then I shall be ready.
(And in case I am AFk, I can read it later, and be there on time)

Photonenbert
07-08-2015, 14:38
just to remeind you. the patch will take a few weeks until release. says so in the patch notes

Finally, please be aware that this patch is not yet in submission with Microsoft and Sony, so we are most likely looking at a few weeks before it will be released. We will post the final release dates as soon as we have them.

t0daY
07-08-2015, 14:42
just to remeind you. the patch will take a few weeks until release. says so in the patch notes

For consoles yes xD Patching over steam is more comfortable and going faster than with the consoles ;) :p :p :p

*edit* at least it was like that in the past if I can remember right^^

*edit2*
PLEASE NOTE - The patch is not yet finalized and is still in testing, meaning that some of this may still change. I will post up the final list, or confirm that this one is final, as soon as the fixes are all confirmed and the patch is in final submission.

But you are right, you just took the wrong quote :D :D

Timmynator
07-08-2015, 14:48

Some day even you will get my kind of humour ;) On a serious note, though, I've been thinking hard about Oculus. I just can't fathom to find all the buttons on my wheel & keyboard without seeing them. It'd be a shame not to be able to properly use them...I wonder if the Leap Motion integration might be a way for proper hand tracking in-game seeing as you can mount it to the OR.

From what I've heard you're supposed to have HUD on VR as well, the implementation is just a bit wonky.

miagi
07-08-2015, 14:55
What?! No one told me you got humor ;)
Well "normal" hud doesn't work well in vr. Same goes for ingame pause menus. Minecraft was one of the first to do it more clever. For the pause screen, a board spawns in front of the game he can look at.

MikeyTT
07-08-2015, 14:56
* Players are no longer disqualified for running out of fuel after finishing the race.

Ouch that hurts! If only that was live on Wednesday, I would have still had my 3rd place :(

x ImJakeyy
07-08-2015, 15:04
We will probably see it on Steam this coming week would be my guess, once its internally tested it will be pushed.

And also sent to MS and Sony once tested internally.

Lots of nice changes in this update, can't wait to see how it plays with the changes :D

Timmynator
07-08-2015, 15:09
What?! No one told me you got humor ;)

I'm just as shocked as you are. Must be the Bavarian half of my genes... :D

t0daY
07-08-2015, 15:13
I'm just as shocked as you are. Must be the Bavarian half of my genes... :D

Half... Bavarian...? Stone him to death!!!!! :D :D

ZiggyUK
07-08-2015, 15:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks

PzR Slim
07-08-2015, 15:46
Stonker of a patch! So much win. Got to be one of the best games ever for post release support.

falcon2081
07-08-2015, 16:02
Woke up, get treated to some badass m'fkin patch notes! Day is now complete lol. My biggest take away was the replay system. They fixed older replays not crashing plus being able to switch players and photo mode. Everything else looks great too. Can't wait till profiler updates so we can take advantage of the new telemetry.

MikeyTT
07-08-2015, 16:19
Stonker of a patch! So much win. Got to be one of the best games ever for post release support.

I thought the last patch was codenamed "Stonker", this must be the "leviathan".

It's not bad support for a team that's all moved onto pCars2 and don't give a damn about its customers. We need more developers being this irresponsible with their customer base, that's for sure ;)

MikeyTT
07-08-2015, 16:20
Can't wait till profiler updates so we can take advantage of the new telemetry.

Do you mean the 3rd party tools?

I'm not sure there is anything on the API side of things, unless I completely missed that.

Laurens Van Rossem
07-08-2015, 16:24
I can't understand how you are all happy about this patch. The game should have been release with all those things and more. They still haven't added in half of the features originally planned... I am happy that they continue to work on it, because they could also have gone full ea on us.

falcon2081
07-08-2015, 16:26
Do you mean the 3rd party tools?

I'm not sure there is anything on the API side of things, unless I completely missed that.

Actually, profiler already has all that stuff. It seems they just made it so it's now shown in the HUD. It sounded like new telemetry when I read it.

falcon2081
07-08-2015, 16:34
I can't understand how you are all happy about this patch. The game should have been release with all those things and more. They still haven't added in half of the features originally planned... I am happy that they continue to work on it, because they could also have gone full ea on us.

No doubt I agree. I'm just glad this patch includes a lot of the things that are needed. Unfortunately though developers nowadays have the mentality of release it broken/unfinished and patch it later. It's what the gaming industry is all about now and it will not go away any time soon. We as consumers can change this with our wallets but let's be realistic, it won't happen.

As long as the game is updated fairly regularly with new fixes and new features I'll be ok with it. I've played almost 300 hours of this game so I've gotten my monies worth out of it. This patch for me will fix some of my last annoyances with the game which was mainly pits, replays, and spectate mode which have now been included. I've been lucky though as I haven't had serious issues while playing.

miagi
07-08-2015, 16:47
Mr. Glass half empty :>
Well that happens TDU2 had about 40% of the planed features at release, the sad thing was, even after all the patches, it was still only about 75% stuff in the game :P

NemethR
07-08-2015, 16:51

Well, for us, who just purchased the game on release, it gets better, and better, and that makes me happy :)

Gopher04
07-08-2015, 17:05
Our server in TS down..

Its back.

Laurens Van Rossem
07-08-2015, 18:04
My setup. (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/300696824)Now thatI've done some test laps and have seen just how much faster the track is without respecting track limits, I'm not sure if I'll stream this one:rolleyes:. You can completely ignore the third chicane for some reason, but the patch is already on it's way :) Anyways, I'll update the setup as I and the car get better, but it's an okay baseline I think. Just need to get rid of this mid-corner understeer.

t0daY
07-08-2015, 18:43
My setup. (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/300696824)Now thatI've done some test laps and have seen just how much faster the track is without respecting track limits, I'm not sure if I'll stream this one:rolleyes:. You can completely ignore the third chicane for some reason, but the patch is already on it's way :) Anyways, I'll update the setup as I and the car get better, but it's an okay baseline I think. Just need to get rid of this mid-corner understeer.

Well we all here in TGC respect the track limits :p :p I really recommend to stay into the white lines with more than 2 wheels otherwise we stone you to death like we did with our bavarian friend timmynator :)

Thanks for sharing your setup, gonna take a look on it tomorrow (not today :D)

Timmynator
07-08-2015, 18:56
Well we all here in TGC respect the track limits :p :p I really recommend to stay into the white lines with more than 2 wheels otherwise we stone you to death like we did with our bavarian friend timmynator :)

Ha, I'm impervious to your BaWü'rian (can you believe there's not even a translation for Baden-Württemberg? Shows how inconsiderate you people are :p) attempts of raucous rock-wrangling! I've got the Alps at my back and I'm not afraid to use them ;)

But yes, please respect the track limits or I'll bring down the rocks on you! ;)

Laurens Van Rossem
07-08-2015, 19:07
Ha, I'm impervious to your BaWü'rian (can you believe there's not even a translation for Baden-Württemberg? Shows how inconsiderate you people are :p) attempts of raucous rock-wrangling! I've got the Alps at my back and I'm not afraid to use them ;)

But yes, please respect the track limits or I'll bring down the rocks on you! ;)

Well... Just don't look at my ghost lap please xd

Stevie_F
07-08-2015, 19:22
If only we had gravel traps on those chicanes ;)

miagi
07-08-2015, 19:49
If only we had gravel traps on those chicanes ;)

Lava mate, only lava could help.

ZiggyUK
07-08-2015, 20:11

Can we please stop this pathetic talk about corner cutting etc. You do it and I will personally kick you out of the TGC.

The majority would have never known about it as it is something we would have never even tried. I will admit that a possible spin out could show this fault.

We have ALWAYS run this club on faith and trust and posts like this are not representative of the TGC ethos.

I appreciate you posting up the setup for the other guys to see as this appears to have dried up lately but lets get back to the TGC Rules and Regulations and attempt to keep a wheel within the Track Limits.

Laurens Van Rossem
07-08-2015, 21:15
I don't see what the problem is Ziggy, I share a setup and information about the track for the stewards and drivers to pay attention to. I did not cut any corner during a tgc event, I was just messing around in my free time and telling this group what to watch out for during qualifying and the race because it doesn't give a warning message.

t0daY
07-08-2015, 21:42
First of all a thank you for sharing your setup. The sundays are also kinda competetive, so it is not necessary at all to share anything :p So thank you for that :)
We help each other out, I can remember Miagi sharing also his setup for the GT1 cars and even made the balance suggestion (reduce restrictor to 37mm) which made the race even more adorable! :) Thats TGC spirit! :)

Now about the cutting part... The main problem is, that now everyone knows there is a chance to "cut" a corner without any punishment. No one is saying that anybody will cut on purpose, but lets be honest...

If you know exaclty you can take the 3rd schicane as you want to, you take it differently than normal. And if your misbreaking a bit, you can "roll over it" and duo the loophole in this cut track system there will be no consequences for you.

But I have something special in mind about this 3rd schicane, more informations will follow after I have finished my horrible last nightshiiiift :( :( Wish me luck! :D

NemethR
07-08-2015, 21:48
I personally think, its just fair, to share such information, as it is much better if everyone knows it, then if only 1 or 2 people know it.
Because, if only I know it, I can freely cut the corner, because nobody knows, and nobody suspects.
If everyone knows they will look at it more closely (at each other), and report any "issues" with track limits.

I see Laurens's point, and i think he did the right thing to share that with us, rather then keeping it for himself,
after all, we are all gentlemans, nobody will cut that shicane anyway. :)

t0daY
07-08-2015, 21:52
Because, if only I know it, I can freely cut the corner, because nobody knows, and nobody suspects.

I didnt see this sentence :p :D :D

after all, we are all gentlemans, nobody will cut that shicane anyway. :)

I hope so :)

ZiggyUK
07-08-2015, 22:11
I don't see what the problem is Ziggy, I share a setup and information about the track for the stewards and drivers to pay attention to. I did not cut any corner during a tgc event, I was just messing around in my free time and telling this group what to watch out for during qualifying and the race because it doesn't give a warning message.

Fair do's Laurens and I am glad to hear it. The way it was written was that it sounded as though you were advising everyone to cut the 3rd chicane, language barrier of course.

Maybe in the future if people find the "Loopholes" that they advise the race organisers via PM rather than posting it up. That way it is the organisers choice how to deal with that specific problem.

MelBonkers
07-08-2015, 22:16
Some day even you will get my kind of humour ;) On a serious note, though, I've been thinking hard about Oculus. I just can't fathom to find all the buttons on my wheel & keyboard without seeing them. It'd be a shame not to be able to properly use them...I wonder if the Leap Motion integration might be a way for proper hand tracking in-game seeing as you can mount it to the OR.

From what I've heard you're supposed to have HUD on VR as well, the implementation is just a bit wonky.
Wait a minute Oculus Rift has Leap Motion intergration or is that just something you hope for? I've got two leap motions here and I could sure put them to good use 😉

falcon2081
07-08-2015, 22:51
Can someone post a picture or video of said chicane? The Internet is really bad here so I can't use YouTube.
Modem style internet speeds :(

Topsie
07-08-2015, 23:01
I would kinda hope EVERYONE in TGC wouldn't even consider it, even if they had been lapped 3 times, had a crap day at work and no beers left in the fridge.

I'm almost kinda sick of hearing this cut track crap. I shoudn't be an issue. It just should not happen intentionally in any race with us:/

ZiggyUK
08-08-2015, 00:29
Can someone post a picture or video of said chicane? The Internet is really bad here so I can't use YouTube.
Modem style internet speeds :(

I am assuming he means turn 16

falcon2081
08-08-2015, 00:46
I am assuming he means turn 16

Thanks Ziggy! Yeah, I remember that chicane now.

blackduckrun
08-08-2015, 02:32

The HUD is there, but it's pretty much useless because it is all around the edges. Much of it I can only see out of the corner of my eye and it disappears when I try to look at it. With the telemetry HUD up I can make out the tires and brakes enough to see the color if I go cross eyed, and if I concentrate I can make out the right side of the FFB meter. It looked like a nice curve, until I hit the wall. :chargrined:

ZiggyUK
08-08-2015, 05:48

214593 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience)

Laurens Van Rossem
08-08-2015, 12:18
Is anyone else overheating the fg1k? I get 104 oil and 101 water, about 1% of engine damage per lap.

t0daY
08-08-2015, 14:26
Hello Gentlemen,

as ZiggyUK has already said, there will be a new race format for the wednesday races from now on. For more details about the Multiclass Experience(MCE) that will now take place every wednesday click here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1077334&viewfull=1#post1077334) to get more information about the new race format, the cars we’re going to drive, the date of the first race and much more :)

Along with the new wednesday races there will also be some small changes to the GEN races.

First of all: The GEN section is only going to have 1 race per week once the MCE commences. Every sunday at 19:00 UTC we are going to do a 90 minute race which can be 1 whole race or several smaller sprint races (depends heavily on the wishcombo from the individual member we took it from - later more on that).
We are going to raise the qualifying time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes and leave out the warmup session. We are also going to re-introduce the lead car, as you might have witnessed during the NCC races, which leads the field through the formation lap. The lead car will be one of the race directors - FlyingKman, Photonenbert or myself.
We will also do more precise weather forecasts for the upcoming races. Pamellaaa was quite a help and will do the forecasts for us (With the introduction of the new 3.0 patch there will be, after some minor testing, further changes about the weather).

We rely on you guys. Everyone got the opportunity to recommend a combo for an upcoming GEN race. It can be a 90 minute race or it can be 3 sprint races with different conditions. It is really up to you. Only things like LMP1 cars at Cadwell Park won’t happen :p
To make things easier, at least for you ;), here’s a google document where everybody can submit his wish about the combo of his choice.

> > > > > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJj66HafJl4rE_dhITnXr4t2ydVQ-TI3md4ipZKtnDY/edit?usp=sharing < < < < <

Some additional information about the formation lap:

In the past few races we had some "issues" with the formation lap itself. Here are again the basic rules of TGC for the formation lap. You can find more detailed informations in the new TGC-MCE thread which I linked on the top of the post.

* The formation lap will be carried out at max speed of 50mph/80kph unless otherwise advised by the race controller.

* During the formation lap you are allowed to steer left/right to warm up your tyres but you are not allowed to perform brake checks or practice starts. At no time should you need to use your brakes. Applying the brakes means the car behind you sees your brake lights which in turn cause a concertina effect spreading out the field unnecessarily or causing prerace incidents which will result in vehicle damage.

* To stop any confusion the pole position driver / odd numbers will always start on the left hand side of the track. Logically the even numbers start on the right hand side.

Example of a good working formation lap in the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vl4pD_WcBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ktzm9hfFg

Some additional information about the track limits:

During the last few GEN races we have had issues with people not staying inside the track limits. I know exactly how it feels like to missing the braking point or dealing with heavy understeer because of pressure from the guy behind you but that happens maybe once per 5 laps and not every lap.
For example, take the GT1 race at Hockenheim. In a league race several people would be disqualified by not staying in the tracklimits.

So please have these 2 pictures always in mind and try to stay with at least 1 wheel inside the track limits.

214622 214623

Final kinda new rule will be: *You are not allowed to leave the session until the game returns you to the lobby. This ensures any replays required for bug hunting or video creation contain all the correct vehicles.

According to the new introduced 3.0 patch, if your car is broken or something went wrong in the pits (which hopefully should be sorted out with the next patch :D) you can enter the pits now and also stay there. You get the opportunity to watch over the complete race with a spectator mode. You can act like a race marshall and look after people leaving the tracklimits and so on... It is more than fair to stay into the lobby until the end because that was your plan anyway before something went wrong :)

If something isn’t clear, you can read the whole regulations and starting procedures in the new TGC-MCE thread. These regulations are the basic rules of TGC and should be followed by everyone. If there are still any questions that haven’t been answered then feel free ask any TGC admin about the rules, I don’t think anyone will bite except for me maybe ;)

Greetings,

Photonenbert, FlyingKman and t0daY

Blackvault
08-08-2015, 17:52
Hi guys,

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, merely moved house and not had the internet installed. I currently won't have it in until at least late next week and I'm also away from Thursday to Sunday in Edinburgh. So you'll see me from Monday 17th. I do have access on my phone but I'm not really using it.

Hope you're all keeping well.

Pete

ZiggyUK
08-08-2015, 17:56
Hi guys,

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, merely moved house and not had the internet installed. I currently won't have it in until at least late next week and I'm also away from Thursday to Sunday in Edinburgh. So you'll see me from Monday 17th. I do have access on my phone but I'm not really using it.

Hope you're all keeping well.

Pete

Sorry ... Who is this :confused:

:p

Timmynator
08-08-2015, 21:11
Wait a minute Oculus Rift has Leap Motion intergration or is that just something you hope for? I've got two leap motions here and I could sure put them to good use 😉

Have a look: https://developer.leapmotion.com/vr-setup

Seems to still be in Beta atm, though.

quelus
08-08-2015, 23:32
Unfortunately I won't be able to join you guys on sunday's race. Have fun!

Iceman07
09-08-2015, 09:39
I'm on holiday in Croatia the next week. So I won't join today or on wednesday. Have fun!!

Laurens Van Rossem
09-08-2015, 14:21
Look what I finally managed :D No more single display racing when streaming :D
http://www.twitch.tv/unicorn__plays/v/10265371

Twiggy145
09-08-2015, 15:13
Look what I finally managed :D No more single display racing when streaming :D
http://www.twitch.tv/unicorn__plays/v/10265371

That FOV gives me a headache.

Laurens Van Rossem
09-08-2015, 15:44
That because it's basically three times too narrow. It's that or massive black borders sadly

Twiggy145
09-08-2015, 15:52
That because it's basically three times too narrow. It's that or massive black borders sadly

#1stworldproblems

Laurens Van Rossem
09-08-2015, 17:54
Quick question about our pitstops: you get a cut track penalty when correctly exiting. Do we rejoin the track before T1 or do we have to take the slow down?

t0daY
09-08-2015, 17:58
Quick question about our pitstops: you get a cut track penalty when correctly exiting. Do we rejoin the track before T1 or do we have to take the slow down?

We got a solution for that... You get more precisly information in the teamspeak before the race :)

Giovtec
09-08-2015, 21:11
sorry if i caused an accident, i got disconnected right after piscine :/. But the race was going ok, i was ambitious but rubbish xD

Laurens Van Rossem
09-08-2015, 21:16
Except for the two incidents while lapping, I had a great race. Sadly I risked too much when it started raining by staying on slicks. Was lucky to get P6
Here's the video: http://www.twitch.tv/unicorn__plays/v/10307131

https://youtu.be/_lKd8OpKhYI
Big thanks to the marshalls for their time, although I think they were a little bit strict about my second warning @54:40

Stevie_F
09-08-2015, 21:18

Post race results, not sure how accurate they are though

Photonenbert
09-08-2015, 21:37
How about some close action?

maybe some drifting :D (visuals all low --> no smoke)

hey mate!

LOVE that fence!

falcon2081
09-08-2015, 21:42
Great race from everyone. You guys will LOVE the battle me and Puff had for 16 laps. Had a racing incident with miagi and then I had to try and catch up. Afterwards had a pit stop bug where me and t0day both came in to pit and I guess we were pit stop buddies. I had to go around again and re-pit. Salved 4th which I am very happy about. Going to go edit the video and will post it soon.

Puffpirat
09-08-2015, 22:05
Great race from everyone. You guys will LOVE the battle me and Puff had for 16 laps. Had a racing incident with miagi and then I had to try and catch up. Afterwards had a pit stop bug where me and t0day both came in to pit and I guess we were pit stop buddies. I had to go around again and re-pit. Salved 4th which I am very happy about. Going to go edit the video and will post it soon.

Mate that was intense! Really good racing, you where damn quick! I'm also making a highlight video, at least I'm trying to, still a noob at video editing.

Sorry if I was a bit "direct" in teamspeak while lapping. This falcon guy really put me under pressure ;) It got better and better throughout the race though. Thanks everyone for the race!

Alex Hobbs
09-08-2015, 22:17
Some pics from marshalling :)

Neil Bateman
09-08-2015, 22:19
Sorry I could not make it tonight, had some problems with windows 10 upgrade and my motherboard, in fact I still have a problem and don't know how to solve it, see you all next week hopefully.

x ImJakeyy
09-08-2015, 22:21
Great race tonight guys, shame I spun and ruined my race waiting for a gap to reverse and then face the correct way again.

Some pics from marshalling :)

Shame you didn't catch me and Mo coming in to there side by side.

NemethR
09-08-2015, 22:38
Awesome race guys, had fun until I lost my wheel, but hey, thats Monaco, happens :)
Thanks to our marshalls, who sacrificed themselfs for the cause.

falcon2081
09-08-2015, 22:39
Mate that was intense! Really good racing, you where damn quick! I'm also making a highlight video, at least I'm trying to, still a noob at video editing.

Sorry if I was a bit "direct" in teamspeak while lapping. This falcon guy really put me under pressure ;) It got better and better throughout the race though. Thanks everyone for the race!

Yeah it was! Nothing like dueling it out. Some good close racing at its finest.

miagi
10-08-2015, 00:00
http://youtu.be/fuMoW8deEb8

Sorry to falcon and t0day. I made one mistake and hit the wall at the first chicane, without that I maybe would have caught Puffi in the end ^^ Anyway, well done Puffi, congrats, you deserved it.

3:38 - Start
3:48 - First overtake :D
15:00 - Hello Laurens
25:18 - Situation and Contact with falcon
26:35 - Damnit
28:45 - Pit Stop
43:43 - Racing t0daY
47:47 - Sorry t0daY!!!
51:10 - PitStop for Wet tires
1:08:37 - Chatching up to P1 but then that happens. Weird!
1:19.35 - Race End

t0daY
10-08-2015, 00:01

Pit stop buddies wuhuu. Well literally you were inside of me, kinda disgusting :D :D Had also a litte incident with miagi ;) All in all ended up on a "undeserved" 3rd place (should be falcons place, had not the pace for it^^)

See ya next sunday guys ;)

FlyingKman
10-08-2015, 00:29

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday is again a special one. 1,2 hours of Bathurst, Australia with the GT3 cars.

Date: 16th August 2015 (Ingame Date: 16th February 2015 - Summertime in Australia)

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Race: 1+34 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Ingame Time: 5:00
Time progression: 10x
Weather Forecast: Partially cloudy then clearing up as we go into the day

Driving Aids: Real, that means adjustable ABS, adjustable TC, no SC
Tire Wear Indicator: 3x
Fuel Usage Indicator: Real

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation on the Conrod Straight (before turn 20 – the Chase).

IMPORTANT: This is a simulation of the 12 hours of Bathurst. The Qualifying session will be at night and the start of the race will be around 5:00 in the morning.
Also the Tire Wear Indicator has the multiplier 3.Keep that in mind by planning your pit strategy properly. The race should be over about 18:00 in the evening.

After Le Mans and the 2,4 hours of Spa the 1,2 hours of Bathurst is calling us. Who will claim this victory?

Greetings,

t0daY
10-08-2015, 00:34
GT3 at Bathurst.. Interesting :D :D :) :)

Photonenbert
10-08-2015, 00:38
yay some GT3 already! First time for me since I literally missed every single GT3 race since i joined.

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 02:04
Sorry to falcon and t0day. I made one mistake and hit the wall at the first chicane, without that I maybe would have caught Puffi in the end ^^ Anyway, well done Puffi, congrats, you deserved it.
3:38 - Start
3:48 - First overtake :D
15:00 - Hello Laurens
25:18 - Situation and Contact with falcon
26:35 - Damnit
28:45 - Pit Stop
43:43 - Racing t0daY
47:47 - Sorry t0daY!!!
51:10 - PitStop for Wet tires
1:08:37 - Chatching up to P1 but then that happens. Weird!
1:19.35 - Race End

It's all good man. After watching multiple views from myself, you, and Lauren's you definitely had the right of way. Just make sure to let me know you are literally right next to me next time!..lol. This would have been avoided if we had the spotter system like in iRacing. I also know why I thought it was Lauren's that I hit and it's because I got confused when I quickly glanced at the HUD. Either way it was a bold move, its just too bad I ended up crashing. Gotta love racing.:cool: Maybe it's time I invest in trackiR.

Here's me being all inside of t0day. It was warm and pleasant. That is all lol.

SillySausage
10-08-2015, 03:29
YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! Bathurst.

NemethR
10-08-2015, 06:15
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214717

Ohh, Hell yeah :D
Now THAT is a race.

Looking very much forward to it.

Blackvault
10-08-2015, 07:30
Can't make it as I'm away on holiday :( Shame as I was looking forward to it.

Pete

Yorkie065
10-08-2015, 07:45
Same as Pete above. I'm away from Weds onwards for a week so I'll unfortunately end up missing it :(

Puffpirat
10-08-2015, 08:06
My take at a highlight video. I have to get better at this, no overlays or anything, just the replay with even more replay cut scenes :) That was the most intense part of my battle with falcon. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/m4XgKJqdi18

0:15 - I mess up the exit of T1 after lapping and falcon gets a good run up the hill. Trying to close the door but it's too late.
3:40 - I get a good run but it's not gonna happen
4:35 - The tunnel incident ;) I was brutally late on the brakes, falcon turns in, we touch. I give him the position back, Gentlemen :)
5:48 - This time it happens
till the end - More good close racing. The very end of video got lost but I'm uploading it right now :)

Edit:

http://youtu.be/YilbMlsFYr4

The video includes the little love tap that leads to falcons and miagis come together :)

Here is a link to my setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/283163263) :)

TonyR
10-08-2015, 08:26

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday is again a special one. 1,2 hours of Bathurst, Australia with the GT3 cars.

Date: 16th August 2015

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Race: 1+34 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Ingame Time: 5:00
Time progression: 10x
Weather Forecast: Partially clouded then clearing up as we go into the day

Driving Aids: Real, that means adjustable ABS, adjustable TC, no SC
Tire Wear Indicator: 3x
Fuel Usage Indicator: Real

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation on the Conrod Straight (before turn 20 – the Chase).

IMPORTANT: This is a simulation of the 12 hours of Bathurst. The Qualifying session will be at night and the start of the race will be around 5:00 in the morning.
Also the Tire Wear Indicator has the multiplier 3.Keep that in mind by planning your pit strategy properly. The race should be over about 18:00 in the evening.

After Le Mans and the 2,4 hours of Spa the 1,2 hours of Bathurst is calling us. Who will claim this victory?

Greetings,

Oh that's my absolute favourite combination! <3
I hope I can make it because I'm on holidays from Wednesday to Sunday....

TonyR
10-08-2015, 08:44
Two things about the event.

First, as I see it happens in Australian Winter and also partly at night, so tire temps will be veeeery low all around.

Second, will we have a short 5 min Warm-Up session? With the conditions given I'm sure most people need to adjust their tire pressures (at least) before the race and since the qualy is quite short to drive some laps (because of long laps) and fiddling around with the setup at the same time.