PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Gopher04
10-08-2015, 10:33
Bathurst & GT3's might have to put in for this one, just one thing on aids 'Driving Aids: Real, that means adjustable ABS, adjustable TC, no SC' SC should be allowed, our version of GT3's were built with this aid, especially the Z4, we had this come up before and it was allowed, Ziggy will confirm this, Real setting in game mean real.

TonyR
10-08-2015, 10:37
Bathurst & GT3's might have to put in for this one, just one thing on aids 'Driving Aids: Real, that means adjustable ABS, adjustable TC, no SC' SC should be allowed, our version of GT3's were built with this aid, especially the Z4, we had this come up before and it was allowed, Ziggy will confirm this.

Only the Z4 has it in real life, hasn't it? (although I think in some series even the Z4 isn't allowed with it anymore)
However with real Aids it also gets it, at least last time I drove it around Brands I got SC with real aids.

Gopher04
10-08-2015, 10:43
Yeh I believe it's only the Z4, and if I'm correct it was removed from 2014, ours model is based before that 2012/13, that's why we have it in real aids for it, without it on the rear end becomes very unstable on our version, but as before it was allowed as we shouldn't be changing the real aids settings for racing.

Laurens Van Rossem
10-08-2015, 10:45
I wont be able to join :( got to re-take an exam on monday..

NemethR
10-08-2015, 10:54
I wont be able to join :( got to re-take an exam on monday..

Sorry to hear that. :(

On the other hand, if you guys keep droping like that, I might get a chance to win... 1st of 1 :D

AlexOki
10-08-2015, 11:31
Keeeep on dropping you really fast characters and I am with Nemeth :cool:

Photonenbert
10-08-2015, 11:39
Two things about the event.

First, as I see it happens in Australian Winter and also partly at night, so tire temps will be veeeery low all around.

Second, will we have a short 5 min Warm-Up session? With the conditions given I'm sure most people need to adjust their tire pressures (at least) before the race and since the qualy is quite short to drive some laps (because of long laps) and fiddling around with the setup at the same time.

if you change the race date to february or something it should be good again.

Yorkie065
10-08-2015, 11:57
Something a tad off topic (but hopefully something you'll enjoy!), my highlights from the Spa 24 Hours.....the real race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYv26-SJWX4

t0daY
10-08-2015, 12:19
Yes sorry for not mention it :O the ingame race date will be the 16th february = summertime in australia. We do not want to make the same fault again as in Ruapuna ;)

About the driving AIDS. All cars are from different years and we are using the current gt3 rules and not from 3 years ago. And SC was banned from the GT series 1 year ago. At least thats my information.

Thats why everyone can use ABS or TC but no SC.

blackduckrun
10-08-2015, 12:58
I may be able to add to the Sunday ranks a bit in the near future; I've got a new system build that should have no problem running the Rift, just waiting on the silly indulgence of an M.2 SSD. I did make one faux pas though, I decided to go with a fresh Win10 OEM build, which I ordered before finding out the Rift doesn't play nice (at all?) with the shiny new OS. My 2 Win7 copies are also OEM, which theoretically means that they won't install on a system with a new motherboard. Is it really as easy as calling Microsoft up and telling them I've had an issue with my old motherboard and they will allow the install on a new system?

Gopher04
10-08-2015, 13:13
I may be able to add to the Sunday ranks a bit in the near future; I've got a new system build that should have no problem running the Rift, just waiting on the silly indulgence of an M.2 SSD. I did make one faux pas though, I decided to go with a fresh Win10 OEM build, which I ordered before finding out the Rift doesn't play nice (at all?) with the shiny new OS. My 2 Win7 copies are also OEM, which theoretically means that they won't install on a system with a new motherboard. Is it really as easy as calling Microsoft up and telling them I've had an issue with my old motherboard and they will allow the install on a new system?

Then I'm out, sorry today but the Z4 in Pcars was built around having SC working hence the reason it is there in real aids, now if people want to turn it of manually that's fine, but TGC has always stated real aids to be used, you can't custom make the ingame Z4 to the latest version in real life which had it removed, just my opinion, as said sure Ziggy will clarify.

Cool vid Yorkie..:cool:

Laurens Van Rossem
10-08-2015, 13:15
My G29 review is up.
Caught a cold or something yesterday, now I run out of breath while talking... great...

https://youtu.be/UwT8gSDgfrA

javoresku
10-08-2015, 13:28
As far as I know you get 5 activations per Windows key so you should not have a problem.

t0daY
10-08-2015, 13:29
My G29 review is up.
Caught a cold or something yesterday, now I run out of breath while talking... great...

https://youtu.be/UwT8gSDgfrA

Awesome review :) :) :) And good advertising for the Gulf race yesterday!! Looking forward for new video from you, really professional :)

t0daY
10-08-2015, 13:44
Just rewatched my recordings, here is the best question/sentence of the race :D :D

Puffpirat: "Is the softslick as fast as the rain tire in the rain?" :D :D

I had to quote this, soooooorry puffi xDDD

Puffpirat
10-08-2015, 13:52
Just rewatched my recordings, here is the best question/sentence of the race :D :D

Puffpirat: "Is the softslick as fast as the rain tire in the rain?" :D :D

I had to quote this, soooooorry puffi xDDD
Lol yeah that was well :rolleyes: I heard, I think Laurens, say "I have good news" and was hoping he would finish with "I practiced in the rain and you can make it on softs" ;) well one lap later I realized that ain't gonna happen and pitted for wets. At least I had a rain tyre pit strategy :) really the last thing you want as leader is rain. Then Laurens stayed out and the laps until I caught up with him where pure stress. Was so relieved that the rain didn't stop until I could make a pass for the lead again :)

blackduckrun
10-08-2015, 13:56
Then I'm out, sorry today but the Z4 in Pcars was built around having SC working hence the reason it is there in real aids, now if people want to turn it of manually that's fine, but TGC has always stated real aids to be used, you can't custom make the ingame Z4 to the latest version in real life which had it removed, just my opinion, as said sure Ziggy will clarify.

I agree with you here Gopher, BMW would have had to develop the mechanical stability back into the car after the loss of the aid.

On another note, I was wondering if you had anything to add to to my post since you quoted it, or is that your first reason for not joining?

blackduckrun
10-08-2015, 14:03
As far as I know you get 5 activations per Windows key so you should not have a problem.

That is only with the retail version I believe. From what I can tell from reading stuff on the interwebs, you officially get 1 system build per OEM copy of Windows 7, which is defined by your most critical component, your motherboard.

x ImJakeyy
10-08-2015, 14:20
That is only with the retail version I believe. From what I can tell from reading stuff on the interwebs, you officially get 1 system build per OEM copy of Windows 7, which is defined by your most critical component, your motherboard.

I think you can ring up and say your motherboard failed so has been replaced, and they will give you the activation.

They normally are very lenient about it

Laurens Van Rossem
10-08-2015, 14:23
Lol yeah that was well :rolleyes: I heard, I think Laurens, say "I have good news" and was hoping he would finish with "I practiced in the rain and you can make it on softs" ;) well one lap later I realized that ain't gonna happen and pitted for wets. At least I had a rain tyre pit strategy :) really the last thing you want as leader is rain. Then Laurens stayed out and the laps until I caught up with him where pure stress. Was so relieved that the rain didn't stop until I could make a pass for the lead again :)
It was very doable at first, but then the rain got even worse and the car was undriveable in 1 lap time :( I hoped that it was going to be dry at the end. I first even thought of double stinting the tires if it stayed dry..

Puffpirat
10-08-2015, 14:51
It was very doable at first, but then the rain got even worse and the car was undriveable in 1 lap time :( I hoped that it was going to be dry at the end. I first even thought of double stinting the tires if it stayed dry..

Oh wow I wouldn't have been able to double stint them, felt like they were going off after 20 laps. But you changed them anyway at your first stop didn't you? Would have been a very close call for the lead if you hadn't.

I've learned the hard way that pCARS doesn't like slicks in the wet when I had to do a lap with the P30 at spa with slicks in the pooring rain. Lost the race back then...

miagi
10-08-2015, 15:45

Wow Gopher your participation in that race didn't last long. The GT3 class is the one with the most cars, still it gotta be that and only in that case, come on. Also I don't agree with what you say at all, the Z4 GT3 is a very well balanced car in real life and in the game, even Ben Colins said that on the WMD forum. Maybe the default setup needs to be tweaked a little, that's all. In real life the Race Stability System wasn't used to make a undriveable car go round the track, it was used to make the car really really quick in wet conditions mainly.

PS: I drove the Z4 in the last TGC Nordschleife race, and it was stable like a rock, without SC!

Laurens Van Rossem
10-08-2015, 16:06
Oh wow I wouldn't have been able to double stint them, felt like they were going off after 20 laps. But you changed them anyway at your first stop didn't you? Would have been a very close call for the lead if you hadn't.

I've learned the hard way that pCARS doesn't like slicks in the wet when I had to do a lap with the P30 at spa with slicks in the pooring rain. Lost the race back then...

I'n my testing, I had about 20% wear after 30 laps. I did go 1s a lap faster in the race though, I was surprised when I saw those times in qually

Gopher04
10-08-2015, 16:31
Wow Gopher your participation in that race didn't last long. The GT3 class is the one with the most cars, still it gotta be that and only in that case, come on. Also I don't agree with what you say at all, the Z4 GT3 is a very well balanced car in real life and in the game, even Ben Colins said that on the WMD forum. Maybe the default setup needs to be tweaked a little, that's all. In real life the Race Stability System wasn't used to make a undriveable car go round the track, it was used to make the car really really quick in wet conditions mainly.

PS: I drove the Z4 in the last TGC Nordschleife race, and it was stable like a rock, without SC!

It does depend on your own driving style, but when it comes down to it was and as far as Im aware still is a TGC ruling is real aids, like I said if you prefer to not use use it then you can turn it off manually on track that would be personal taste, for me I prefer it on in the Z4.

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 17:08
Video is finally up. Took 2 hours to encode this! Race file was 30 gigs lol. I got it down to 8 gigs which wasn't bad to upload to Youtube. I think next time I will try it with Twitch. I wanted to get creative and do some battle music but I'll leave it for next time. Enjoy.:cool:

PS: Who knew the TGC had a billboard on the azure circuit ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7QSb5lgRA

miagi
10-08-2015, 17:24
"real real" is without SC since 2014, and that car was not redeveloped. Teams are still running the Z4 GT3 they bought before.

The game will be set to real aids, so you will be able to use it. If you should use it, t0daY said no, because that BMW Race SC is obsolete for 1,5 years now, however if you'd like to undermine t0daYs authority and address Ziggy, go for it. I ask you again, is the Z4 GT3 really the only car I want to drive around Bathurst?

Gopher04
10-08-2015, 17:42
however if you'd like to undermine t0daYs authority and address Ziggy

From you miagi, really stupid quote, I expected better from you.. it's naff all to do with undermining, Ziggy came up with the rules, if he decides to change it then let it be.

t0daY
10-08-2015, 17:52
The discussion can stop now...

Kman, Photo and I are the race directors of the GEN races. We decided to force to real aids because we had some trouble with the options. For example you get with "REAL" all 3 AIDS in the formula b car. At least I had this "problem/bug" at our last formula b race at hockenheim if anyone can remember (cluck should do, because we had a decent crash in turn 3 :D). This has nothing to do with changing existing rules or undermining in any point Ziggy, just to clearify this...

Back to the topic... I know that the formula cars dont have any aids. So we decided to force the aids instead of setting them to real. We are doing this since we started to organize this events and I have to say no one, really no one had any problems with that until now. It is sad to hear you wont attend to the race but still you could grab another car instead of the Z4 as miagi already suggested :)

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 17:57
So as I wait for my new wheel to arrive. I say adieu to this wheel. I'm curious to see how you guys have your setup. Let's see some pics!

t0daY
10-08-2015, 18:04
Falcon you challenged me :D :D But its only a "half" sim rig using my desk :D :D And "only" a modded G25 :)

Cheers!

Alex Hobbs
10-08-2015, 18:09
That KOAN song is amazing btw falcon ;)

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 18:14
That KOAN song is amazing btw falcon ;)

Good eyes! Even with the screen blurry lol.

ZiggyUK
10-08-2015, 18:36
Okay guys enough is enough, everybody settle down here please. Goodness me I come online to all of this :dejection:

For background: I had no information about this Sunday event anymore than anyone else.

@Gopher : Yes you are correct that the TGC does use "Real Aids" in the same way it uses "Damage On" etc. TGC is about simulation rather than just go/stop/go. When I saw the poster even I raised an eyebrow at that specific choice.

@today: Yes you are correct in that if you choose to base an event on a real life series then you are in your rights to do so. In this case you are running the 2014/2015 rulings so I as a driver accept that.

So you see you are both correct. There really is no need for ridiculous arguments over one race.

For this race "Specifically" the staff have chosen the post 2013 rulings where SC was banned. This does not mean for every race from now on the SC will not be allowed. For instance when I revive the [TGC-GTS] you will be allowed the SC in the Z4.

MelBonkers
10-08-2015, 19:00
Well, I'm still knackered after yesterday's race. I have to say Monaco isn't my favourite circuit, but after 48 laps with the F1000 I really started appreciating the track. Kudos for all drivers and marshalls for having a fair and non-chaotic race. I expected havoc and chaos, but this race showed we're TGC ;-). I had a blast fighting with several others for position. Especially with Jake and Twiggy ( ;-) ). I loved the rain part: how the car understeered braking hard before and into the chicane after the tunnel was bliss! I felt the fronts loose grip through my wheel, it was such a joy. In the end I spun once and toched the guard rails two or three times, so I'm very happy with that. I couldn't keep up with the aliens, but was quite happy with my pace. Looking forward to the Bathurst race! Have great memories of the races we did there the last couple of years!

EDIT: Next time I'm definitely recording the race.

miagi
10-08-2015, 19:23
I wanted to add, here in the forum too. I found everyone I lapped yesterday, behaved exemplary. And that on Monaco, wow, really nice.

Gopher04
10-08-2015, 19:25
Cheers for clarifying Zigg, me and today had already agreed we would wait for you to clarify, shame other's hadn't taken note of that.

@today wasn't questioning you man, just the TGC rules..

ZiggyUK
10-08-2015, 19:36
No worries that is what I am here for

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 19:42
It finally arrived! Picked up this rare gem on eBay last week. Makes the regular CSR look like a toy. Should be interesting to compare when the CSW V2 arrives ;)

PzR Slim
10-08-2015, 19:51
It finally arrived! Picked up this rare gem on eBay last week. Makes the regular CSR look like a toy. Should be interesting to compare when the CSW V2 arrives ;)

There is no comparison really! How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking. I've got my old CSR Elite that I don't use anymore upstairs. Might be worth sticking on fleabay!

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 20:00
There is no comparison really! How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking. I've got my old CSR Elite that I don't use anymore upstairs. Might be worth sticking on fleabay!

As this one was in mint condition I paid $400. Was owned by a older gentleman. Last couple of weeks I've seen a bunch of people let go of their CSR Elite wheels. Depending on condition I saw them go from $300 to as high as $500. This was originally the wheel I wanted to get but as they only made them for 2 years they are hard to find. They also sell extremely quick. As long as yours is in decent condition you will make some good money. I've also seen CSW v1 and v1.5 been selling fast too. I also missed out on some Clubsport V3 pedals by seconds.

Puffpirat
10-08-2015, 20:51
Here is an older pic of my rig, well both of them actually :p

Edit: Damn turn your heads please, I'm on the phone ;)

TonyR
10-08-2015, 21:02
I give you a help with this, not that anybody gets hurt ;)

You are a pretty girl Puff ;)

PzR Slim
10-08-2015, 21:06
As this one was in mint condition I paid $400. Was owned by a older gentleman. Last couple of weeks I've seen a bunch of people let go of their CSR Elite wheels. Depending on condition I saw them go from $300 to as high as $500. This was originally the wheel I wanted to get but as they only made them for 2 years they are hard to find. They also sell extremely quick. As long as yours is in decent condition you will make some good money. I've also seen CSW v1 and v1.5 been selling fast too. I also missed out on some Clubsport V3 pedals by seconds.

Thanks dude. It's in excellent condition, I always take care of my tech. I'll certainly think about putting it on ebay.

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 21:41
Hey Puff is that a 21:9 monitor? How do u like it?

PzR Slim
10-08-2015, 21:52
Hey Puff is that a 21:9 monitor? How do u like it?

I recently bought a 21:9 monitor.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/neilfarren11/7A89F512-AC91-4B85-8431-661D4C357736.jpg

I used to run a triple screen setup but swapped to a 42" tv a few years ago when I hooked my consoles upto my racing rig. With the release of PCars I wanted to get that widescreen ratio back. However I didn't want the hassle of three screens and the extra pixels my GPU would have to push so decided on a 34" 21:9 monitor. It's fantastic, the extra width really adds to the experience and is so much more convenient than three screens.

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 21:57

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/neilfarren11/7A89F512-AC91-4B85-8431-661D4C357736.jpg

I used to run a triple screen setup but swapped to a 42" tv a few years ago when I hooked my consoles upto my racing rig. With the release of PCars I wanted to get that widescreen ratio back. However I didn't want the hassle of three screens and the extra pixels my GPU would have to push so decided on a 34" 21:9 monitor. It's fantastic, the extra width really adds to the experience and is so much more convenient than three screens.

Thank you you just made my purchase even easier lol.

t0daY
10-08-2015, 22:02

Which resolution you running project cars? Does it need more or less power than a triple screen setup? I guess less :D Thinking about getting a curved 34inch monitor :)

PzR Slim
10-08-2015, 22:13
Which resolution you running project cars? Does it need more or less power than a triple screen setup? I guess less :D Thinking about getting a curved 34inch monitor :)

It's running at 3440x1440, which is 4,953,600 pixels, compare that to a 3 x 1080p setup which is 6,220,800 pixels. So the 21:9 screen is much less taxing on the GPU but you get a higher vertical pixel density. It's obviously not as wide as a triple screen setup but there are no bezels and you don't need to mess around getting the monitors perfectly aligned and it also removes the problem of PCars not having proper triple screen support. If anyone is considering going triple screen I'd defo look into a 21:9 solution. Less hassle and should save you some money as well as space.

Puffpirat
10-08-2015, 22:14
Nah falcon mine's a normal 16:9 screen, but it's the Asus Swift, loving it :) but this Acer *deepbreath* curved, 34", 1440p, IPS, g-sync, 100Hz *puh* screen is really tempting for pCARS. If there wouldn't be the ridiculous price tag, 1200€ I think...

PzR Slim
10-08-2015, 22:19
Nah falcon mine's a normal 16:9 screen, but it's the Asus Swift, loving it :) but this Acer *deepbreath* curved, 34", 1440p, IPS, g-sync, 100Hz *puh* screen is really tempting for pCARS. If there wouldn't be the ridiculous price tag, 1200€ I think...

The Asus ROG Swift is a lovely monitor. I use it on my desktop gaming PC. G-Sync is such a cool technology, really makes a huge difference to my gaming experience. I wish I could have got the technology in my 21:9 monitor but as you say it's really expensive at the moment.

Laurens Van Rossem
10-08-2015, 22:23
I saw this thread: Bathurst-Pit-Bug (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26428-Bathurst-Pit-Bug)

t0daY
10-08-2015, 22:27
I saw this thread: Bathurst-Pit-Bug (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26428-Bathurst-Pit-Bug)

Same happened to me last Clio race in bathurst... :/ hmpf... Pray for the 3.0 patch before sundays race? :D

*edit*

* Bathurst – fixed an issue where cars would collide against invisible objects in the pit lane, and fixed an issue with black shapes appearing in the rear view mirrors on some parts of the track.

Lets pray :) :D

falcon2081
10-08-2015, 22:58

You have a link to it?

Twiggy145
10-08-2015, 23:11
Same happened to me last Clio race in bathurst... :/ hmpf... Pray for the 3.0 patch before sundays race? :D

*edit*

* Bathurst – fixed an issue where cars would collide against invisible objects in the pit lane, and fixed an issue with black shapes appearing in the rear view mirrors on some parts of the track.

Lets pray :) :D

What if 3.0 doesn't drop before then. Issues like this could ruin a race

Puffpirat
10-08-2015, 23:15
You have a link to it?
It's the Acer X34. So much want :)

http://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/acer-x34-xr341cka-has-a-g-sync-range-of-30-100hz/

XiondrapoS
10-08-2015, 23:16
Damage is disabled as soon as the AI driver takes over until a fair bit after manual control has been returned to the player. As long as people are not getting stuck or the AI is doing their beloved 26 point turn it should not affect anyone's race. I did a few practice laps this afternoon and at leas while coming out of the garage I had no issues, however I did not complete a pit stop.

Besides it might just be people going into the pit entry too fast. In Monaco I noticed that the AI would hit the left wall if you're going in too quick.

t0daY
10-08-2015, 23:35

What if 3.0 doesn't drop before then. Issues like this could ruin a race

Damage is disabled as soon as the AI driver takes over until a fair bit after manual control has been returned to the player. As long as people are not getting stuck or the AI is doing their beloved 26 point turn it should not affect anyone's race. I did a few practice laps this afternoon and at leas while coming out of the garage I had no issues, however I did not complete a pit stop.

Besides it might just be people going into the pit entry too fast. In Monaco I noticed that the AI would hit the left wall if you're going in too quick.

Thats the bug of bathurst. Had the bug by myself couple weeks ago at the 2 sprint races with the clios...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bJwv-Z4vc

To be honest... I have no idea what we gonna do in case we wont receive patch 3.0 ... The pitstop bug at bathurst is really really rarely but you are right twiggy, it could destroy your whole race ... No one deserve that^^ Maybe we are setting a deadline for patch 3.0 like wednesday or thursday and if the patch is not coming online we will do another "filler" race before Bathurst? Something easy in form of 2-3 sprint races or even default setup racing on 3 different tracks with different cars? Open minded to every suggestion :)

ZiggyUK
10-08-2015, 23:58
If Patch 3 is not released before the weekend then we shall postpone racing at Bathurst in the GT3's until a later date. It would be pointless destroying such a great event with such a nasty bug.

A replacement race will be announced Friday night as an alternative if required.

ZiggyUK
11-08-2015, 01:03
I also meant to post this up earlier. A Gent's Club watermark you can use on your video's

214794 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214795&d=1439254925)

Blackvault
11-08-2015, 06:15
If Patch 3 is not released before the weekend then we shall postpone racing at Bathurst in the GT3's until a later date. It would be pointless destroying such a great event with such a nasty bug.

A replacement race will be announced Friday night as an alternative if required.

Yes!!!! That's great to hear as I still haven't got internet and on holiday this weekend!

Pwete

ZiggyUK
11-08-2015, 07:22
Glad to hear I may be making somebody happy :)

NemethR
11-08-2015, 10:18

What can you possibly "replace" that race with?! :)
And what if 3.0 does not fix it either?

miagi
11-08-2015, 10:22
What can you possibly "replace" that race with?! :)
And what if 3.0 does not fix it either?
If 3.0 is out, it would be good to test it anyway. If not, we have a little group of highly motivated guys here that do a great job setting up races for us all.

NemethR
11-08-2015, 10:49
If 3.0 is out, it would be good to test it anyway. If not, we have a little group of highly motivated guys here that do a great job setting up races for us all.

Sure, meant no disrespect, just wanted to ask, what if...

If we need to replace it anyway, the Tudor United Sportcar Championship just raced at Road America. ;)

Martin G Webb
11-08-2015, 11:25
No internet, On holiday this weekend . . . .

and who is pwete ?

Gopher04
11-08-2015, 11:32
No internet, On holiday this weekend . . . .

and who is pwete ?

Some Welsh dude..

Nick Claydon
11-08-2015, 12:56
and who is pwete ?

The guy that still suck his Jwuice Twhrough a Swtraw that he got from Mwummy .

(Love you Pete x )

x ImJakeyy
11-08-2015, 13:50

The night patch 3 drops I will be available for testing of stuffs :p

Timmynator
11-08-2015, 14:56

(Love you Pete x )

Tea, mate, it was tea. Gotta keep them facts straight if you're gonna suck it like Lewis Hamilton, too...

:D

Blackvault
11-08-2015, 14:59

(Love you Pete x )

Tea, mate, it was tea. Gotta keep them facts straight if you're gonna suck it like Lewis Hamilton, too...

:D

Pissing myself here guys!!!

:)

Pete

t0daY
11-08-2015, 15:31
Just a reminder for those who maybe missed the GEN announcement :)

And a huge compliment to every driver who attended to the monaco race. There were no big accidents, overlapping was good and the formation lap was also way better than the last couple :) Thanks for the amazing race guys!! :)

Cheers!

Hello Gentlemen,

as ZiggyUK has already said, there will be a new race format for the wednesday races from now on. For more details about the Multiclass Experience(MCE) that will now take place every wednesday click here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1077334&viewfull=1#post1077334) to get more information about the new race format, the cars we’re going to drive, the date of the first race and much more :)

Along with the new wednesday races there will also be some small changes to the GEN races.

First of all: The GEN section is only going to have 1 race per week once the MCE commences. Every sunday at 19:00 UTC we are going to do a 90 minute race which can be 1 whole race or several smaller sprint races (depends heavily on the wishcombo from the individual member we took it from - later more on that).
We are going to raise the qualifying time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes and leave out the warmup session. We are also going to re-introduce the lead car, as you might have witnessed during the NCC races, which leads the field through the formation lap. The lead car will be one of the race directors - FlyingKman, Photonenbert or myself.
We will also do more precise weather forecasts for the upcoming races. Pamellaaa was quite a help and will do the forecasts for us (With the introduction of the new 3.0 patch there will be, after some minor testing, further changes about the weather).

We rely on you guys. Everyone got the opportunity to recommend a combo for an upcoming GEN race. It can be a 90 minute race or it can be 3 sprint races with different conditions. It is really up to you. Only things like LMP1 cars at Cadwell Park won’t happen :p
To make things easier, at least for you ;), here’s a google document where everybody can submit his wish about the combo of his choice.

> > > > > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJj66HafJl4rE_dhITnXr4t2ydVQ-TI3md4ipZKtnDY/edit?usp=sharing < < < < <

Some additional information about the formation lap:

In the past few races we had some "issues" with the formation lap itself. Here are again the basic rules of TGC for the formation lap. You can find more detailed informations in the new TGC-MCE thread which I linked on the top of the post.

* The formation lap will be carried out at max speed of 50mph/80kph unless otherwise advised by the race controller.

* During the formation lap you are allowed to steer left/right to warm up your tyres but you are not allowed to perform brake checks or practice starts. At no time should you need to use your brakes. Applying the brakes means the car behind you sees your brake lights which in turn cause a concertina effect spreading out the field unnecessarily or causing prerace incidents which will result in vehicle damage.

* To stop any confusion the pole position driver / odd numbers will always start on the left hand side of the track. Logically the even numbers start on the right hand side.

Example of a good working formation lap in the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vl4pD_WcBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ktzm9hfFg

Some additional information about the track limits:

During the last few GEN races we have had issues with people not staying inside the track limits. I know exactly how it feels like to missing the braking point or dealing with heavy understeer because of pressure from the guy behind you but that happens maybe once per 5 laps and not every lap.
For example, take the GT1 race at Hockenheim. In a league race several people would be disqualified by not staying in the tracklimits.

So please have these 2 pictures always in mind and try to stay with at least 1 wheel inside the track limits.

214855 214856

Final kinda new rule will be: *You are not allowed to leave the session until the game returns you to the lobby. This ensures any replays required for bug hunting or video creation contain all the correct vehicles.

According to the new introduced 3.0 patch, if your car is broken or something went wrong in the pits (which hopefully should be sorted out with the next patch :D) you can enter the pits now and also stay there. You get the opportunity to watch over the complete race with a spectator mode. You can act like a race marshall and look after people leaving the tracklimits and so on... It is more than fair to stay into the lobby until the end because that was your plan anyway before something went wrong :)

If something isn’t clear, you can read the whole regulations and starting procedures in the new TGC-MCE thread. These regulations are the basic rules of TGC and should be followed by everyone. If there are still any questions that haven’t been answered then feel free ask any TGC admin about the rules, I don’t think anyone will bite except for me maybe ;)

Greetings,

Photonenbert, FlyingKman and t0daY

Martin G Webb
11-08-2015, 17:17

Pete

There are certain products you get for that, Nick will send you information . . . . :p

ZiggyUK
11-08-2015, 17:17
Good reply :encouragement:

Nick Claydon
11-08-2015, 17:50
There are certain products you get for that, Nick will send you information . . . . :p

Here ya go Pete, self fitting kit too ;)

Twiggy145
11-08-2015, 17:57

Pete

Be sure to clean up after yourself mate

Gopher04
11-08-2015, 22:37
Just in interest, anyone testing at Bathurst, can you keep an eye on your fuel usage per lap, mine seems to vary a huge amount, when I first enter a session I'm using anywhere from 2.4/2.7 per lap, but then if I go back to the setup menu and then go back to track it's changing up to 3.4/3.9 per lap.

falcon2081
12-08-2015, 00:01
Just in interest, anyone testing at Bathurst, can you keep an eye on your fuel usage per lap, mine seems to vary a huge amount, when I first enter a session I'm using anywhere from 2.4/2.7 per lap, but then if I go back to the setup menu and then go back to track it's changing up to 3.4/3.9 per lap.

This happens online too. I think it's some sort of bug. There's no way a GT3 car will use 2.7l per lap. Average is almost always around low 3l. It's why when I use GT3 cars I calculate with a max of 4L. Better to be safe than sorry. This happens in other cars too.

Pamellaaa
12-08-2015, 07:19

I have this too, its an issue with profiler or the API for me, the game registers completed sectors as whole laps sometimes which bring the fuel average right down and can show much lower fuel values for last completed lap as its measuring it wrong.

Elmo
12-08-2015, 10:42
Could you guys please check if it is only wrong data in the API by comparing this to the in-game fuel value from the HUD?

Pamellaaa
12-08-2015, 10:51
Could you guys please check if it is only wrong data in the API by comparing this to the in-game fuel value from the HUD?

I am pretty certain that it is an API or profiler issue, the total amount of fuel in the car (read from the HUD) is unaffected when I have this issue and the fuel level drops as expected.

As above it seems to be the API/Profiler reading sectors as completed laps, I think it only happens to me in online sessions and I often find that a few laps into a race or when moving from a practice/qualifying session into a race the API/profiler goes haywire anyway and starts giving me all sorts of crazy values for laptimes, fuel amounts and other values but I think all of these could stem from incorrect interpretation of timing lines. I experience this on all tracks and in all cars, I think from memory it started with patch 1.4 but I can't be certain on this, regularly but not always I will find profiler register a completed lap at the end of the pit lane as well, meaning that the average fuel values are always out because it is being calculated with a "lap" of virtually no fuel use included in the data set. Quite often when profiler goes haywire I lose data for everything else like tyre wear and temperature but this seems to be something that stops working altogether rather than giving weird vales.

I have this in (I think all, certainly almost all) all online sessions so if you need any further data let me know, I can give you a good idea from memory but if you want specifics (maybe from this evenings MCE?) give me a shout and I will do my best to get you as much info as you need.

Gopher04
12-08-2015, 11:26
When I was testing yesterday, the hud, the car display and API were all showing the same results.

Pamellaaa
12-08-2015, 12:09
When I was testing yesturday, the hud, the car display and API were all showing the same results.

Where you taking the fuel per lap purely from profiler though?

When mine is semi-working it will show the correct current level and fuel used but will have recorded more laps than have actually been completed resulting in much lower averages and often lower figures for the last lap. Obviously this doesn't apply if you take a note of the HUD value when you cross the line for a couple of laps in a row but this is the issue I get.

javoresku
12-08-2015, 12:34
I think there is a bug (or its intended that way?) either in the profiler or in the API, where it reports number of laps since start of the session instead since the start of the run.

Pamellaaa
12-08-2015, 12:39
I think there is a bug (or its intended that way?) either in the profiler or in the API, where it reports number of laps since start of the session instead since the start of the run.

I haven't spotted but its a plausible answer for some of the issues I have been having, certainly not all though as after 5 or 6 laps in a run I will still have completely implausible values displayed for "last lap fuel" amongst others, I am reasonably sure that mine has some link to timing or sector lines but I don't know exactly what this interaction is. It used to work perfectly before one of the early patches (1.4 I think) caused this issue to happen in online sessions.

Gopher04
12-08-2015, 16:31
Where you taking the fuel per lap purely from profiler though?

Being stupid what are meaning the profiler?

t0daY
12-08-2015, 16:36
Being stupid what are meaning the profiler?

I think he wanted to ask how you get the fuel/lap. E.g. Tom Shanes Profiler, vrHive, maybe a smartphone app like Hud Dash and so on...

Pamellaaa
12-08-2015, 17:08
I think he wanted to ask how you get the fuel/lap. E.g. Tom Shanes Profiler, vrHive, maybe a smartphone app like Hud Dash and so on...

I was indeed, pCars profiler is what I thought Gopher was using.

@Elmo: I thought about it a bit more and I am now almost certain its an API issue as when I used to use an additional external app on a mobile phone it used to give weird readings at the same time as profiler did.

Gopher04
12-08-2015, 18:27
I use a Fanaleds & Siminstrument software, both picked it up, plus the car dash motec display as well..

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 08:21
Hi Gents, I have a quick favour to ask of any of you who use Tom Shane's Profiler, I have just re-installed Windows and have lost my custom layout (which I wasn't that happy with anyway) so will need to setup a new one, I have created a thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37057-Share-your-Tom-Shane-s-Profiler-Layouts&p=1083061#post1083061) over in general discussion for people to share their custom layouts and it would be good to see what the TGC guys are using too.

The thread is here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37057-Share-your-Tom-Shane-s-Profiler-Layouts&p=1083061#post1083061), if you could put a quick screenshot of your Profiler layout in there it would be a big help to me and I am sure many others.

miagi
14-08-2015, 08:38
Can't I sent you my layout as a file somehow?? Since the deeper data was taken out of the API, it is much simpler(in a bad way imo) and the layout is pretty straight forward.

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 08:52
Can't I sent you my layout as a file somehow?? Since the deeper data was taken out of the API, it is much simpler(in a bad way imo) and the layout is pretty straight forward.

I don't know if this is possible but what I was hoping for with that thread was to have a visual look at various layouts and decide what I do and don't like when setting up my own one, like an area for people to share ideas on their layouts.

Anything you can send me will help though, perhaps a quick screenshot in the thread with your layout attached (if this can be done) for people who want to use yours.

ZiggyUK
14-08-2015, 12:57
Patch 3 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37074-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-3-0-Release-Notes)

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 13:11
Patch 3 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37074-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-3-0-Release-Notes)

Looks like Bathhurst is a go! (pending tonights test of course) I will be online after work sometime!

NemethR
14-08-2015, 13:12

Yay! :D

I will be home around 16:00 UTC, and available for testing

t0daY
14-08-2015, 13:16
Looks like Bathhurst is a go! (pending tonights test of course) I will be online after work sometime!

Not really :( we found a new FFB bug (thanks to gopher!) After 8-12 laps ur wheel shaking like hell on the straights... no matter if ur running soft,medium or hard slicks...

Giovtec
14-08-2015, 13:21
Not really :( we found a new FFB bug (thanks to gopher!) After 8-12 laps ur wheel shaking like hell on the straights... no matter if ur running soft,medium or hard slicks...

no comment!

NemethR

Aww :( *cries*

But why did that not happen to the Clios?!
I had that with the BMW 320 Turbo at the MCE race in Silverstone too, but other cars did not have it.
(Pitting solved the issue for another 8 laps)

Also might by that the Patch solves the cause of it too, we should maybe test it again.

Pamellaaa

Oh dear, is that Bathurst specific, car specific or does it happen everywhere and in everything?

t0daY
14-08-2015, 13:23
Oh dear, is that Bathurst specific, car specific or does it happen everywhere and in everything?

I heard the bmw 320 group 5 car had the same issue on silverstone around 8-10 laps... We think its maybe tire specific... we had the same problem with the GT1 Legends race on hockenheim :/

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 13:29
I heard the bmw 320 group 5 car had the same issue on silverstone around 8-10 laps... We think its maybe tire specific... we had the same problem with the GT1 Legends race on hockenheim :/

The BMW group 5 had it but the Capri didn't, I imagine they should be on the same tyres so it can't be solely tyre compound, what car and track compound was Gopher using?

Gopher04
14-08-2015, 13:34
We tested all last night Pam, group of tested all cars and tyre compounds, it's tyre related but only when using tyre wear accelerator, but we will be testing later one for the pitstops and to see by luck if this patch has kicked the FFB problem..

If it's still there then you either pit alot, or run real settings for tyre wear.

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 13:38
We tested all last night Pam, group of tested all cars and tyre compounds, it's tyre related but only when using tyre wear accelerator, but we will be testing later one for the pitstops and to see by luck if this patch has kicked the FFB problem..

If it was last night it was pre-patch 3.0 correct?

Assuming this is the same bug that the BMW 320 GR.5 has then its a very weird one as the other car in the class was completely unaffected even on much longer stints, I also think that the Silverstone race had no acceleration on so there may be other factors at work, I should be able to get on this evening and assist with some testing at Bathurst.

NemethR
14-08-2015, 13:43
If it was last night it was pre-patch 3.0 correct?

Assuming this is the same bug that the BMW 320 GR.5 has then its a very weird one as the other car in the class was completely unaffected even on much longer stints, I also think that the Silverstone race had no acceleration on so there may be other factors at work, I should be able to get on this evening and assist with some testing at Bathurst.

Damn... 2.1 GB Download is... like 2 hours on my connection. :(

Anyway, once it is finished, I am more then happy to help testing

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 13:43
Damn... 2.1 GB Download is... like 2 hours on my connection. :(

Anyway, once it is finished, I am more then happy to help testing

Same for me, hence the remote control antics ;)

NemethR
14-08-2015, 13:49
Same for me, hence the remote control antics ;)

Yeah, I use that too, unfortunately, my Mother switched off my PC :D - Murphy's law.
(She uses it to surf the Internet)

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 13:54
Yeah, I use that too, unfortunately, my Mother switched off my PC :D - Murphy's law.

You need to go further then, wake-on-lan is needed :D

Or so what I do and ring mother and get her to turn it back on!

Giovtec
14-08-2015, 13:58

Luckily i was at home when i saw the update message ;). "(who am i kidding, i am all day at home :rolleyes:)"

Gopher04
14-08-2015, 14:17
Sorry to say this guys the FFB/tyre wear problem still exist..was really handy to beable to watch the tyre wear this time with the new hud, X3 really does wear the tyres quick, but that isn't really a problem, but the very aggressive ffb that comes with it is, not sure why this doesn't happen in SP, maybe the multiplier doesn't work in SP.

If I'm fit later will test with you, but for now off to get another Steroid jab in the neck, oh what fun I have.

NemethR
14-08-2015, 14:20
Sorry to say this guys the FFB/tyre wear problem still exist..was really handy to beable to watch the tyre wear this time with the new hud, X3 really does wear the tyres quick, but that isn't really a problem, but the very aggressive ffb that comes with it is, not sure why this doesn't happen in SP, maybe the multiplier doesn't work in SP.

If I'm fit later will test with you, but for now off to get another Steroid jab in the neck, oh what fun I have.

And what if we do not accelerate tyre wear?

NemethR
14-08-2015, 14:22
On a second tought:

If the tyres last only 8-10 laps, then it wuld be a great simulation for the real 12hour race, as they pit a lots of time, so if we plan a 1.2 hour race, that would mean 40 laps, that means, you will need to pit 3-4 times.

Well, I am sure IRL they pit at least 8 times :)

Gopher04
14-08-2015, 14:34
On a second tought:

If the tyres last only 8-10 laps, then it wuld be a great simulation for the real 12hour race, as they pit a lots of time, so if we plan a 1.2 hour race, that would mean 40 laps, that means, you will need to pit 3-4 times.

Well, I am sure IRL they pit at least 8 times :)

Yeh we thought about this last night, it doesn't matter what compound of tyre you use, same effect at the same time for all compounds, so using the multiplier doesn't seem to know the difference between them, also the main problem is the ffb, it is quite violent, if you don't use the X whatever it cures the problem but then makes the race less fun, as I have been able to do the full stint on softs.

We also still need to test the pits out as there is a fix for Bathurst.

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 14:37

When you were testing this yesterday were others experiencing the same issue or was it just you? Is it possible that its some sort of quirk of your FFB settings, I know Will Fly had very similar symptoms in the Spa race on very worn tyres and he was able to resolve it with some FFB tweaks.

Timmynator
14-08-2015, 14:40
Hm, that doesn't sound promising...

Nevertheless, does anyone have a workable setup for the Z4? Best I could do, apart from lots of spinning out and crashing up and down the hill, was a 2:13:xxx and while the leaderboards don't hold any entries (apart from the McLaren GT3), I feel that that time is going to be real slow real fast...

Gopher04
14-08-2015, 14:41
When you were testing this yesterday were others experiencing the same issue or was it just you? Is it possible that its some sort of quirk of your FFB settings, I know Will Fly had very similar symptoms in the Spa race on very worn tyres and he was able to resolve it with some FFB tweaks.

Jeez Pam, no everyone was getting it, thats why a fair few of us were testing it last night, mostly on lap 8 onwards the rest within a couple of laps later, Elmo is already on the case he was with us last night.

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 14:45
Jeez Pam, no everyone was getting it, thats why a fair few of us were testing it last night, mostly on lap 8 onwards the rest within a couple of laps later, Elmo is already on the case he was with us last night.

Fair enough, only asking as I didn't know any of the testing details as I wasn't around last night and had heard very similar things from Will which was resolved with FFB tweaks.

Gopher04
14-08-2015, 14:46
Hm, that doesn't sound promising...

Nevertheless, does anyone have a workable setup for the Z4? Best I could do, apart from lots of spinning out and crashing up and down the hill, was a 2:13:xxx and while the leaderboards don't hold any entries (apart from the McLaren GT3), I feel that that time is going to be real slow real fast...

If you used the Z4 with the race setting proposed, ie no SC that's probably why you were getting alot of spinning in the Z4, you would need to counteract it somehow, not to sure how I tried awhile ago and I couldn't stop it.

Timmynator
14-08-2015, 14:51
Yeah, I went out without SC to see how bad it was. It's twitchy as hell, the only way to get it around the track is to wish it around the corners and hoping it grips...

I've tried giving setting the suspension up better for cornering, moving longitudinal weight bias backwards to get more grip on to the rears...it helps a bit, but not enough to approximate confidence in the car.

Unless I'm being stupid and one of our setup gurus comes along to tell me what I've been doing wrong and that 2:00:xxx are possible ;)

t0daY
14-08-2015, 15:06
Yeah, I went out without SC to see how bad it was. It's twitchy as hell, the only way to get it around the track is to wish it around the corners and hoping it grips...

I've tried giving setting the suspension up better for cornering, moving longitudinal weight bias backwards to get more grip on to the rears...it helps a bit, but not enough to approximate confidence in the car.

Unless I'm being stupid and one of our setup gurus comes along to tell me what I've been doing wrong and that 2:00:xxx are possible ;)

2:00:xxx are impossible and not realistic :D go for high 2:05:xxx or mid/low 2:06:xxx :p

Try to reduce the deaccel. diff and maybe also the accel. diff... its not about the missing SC believe me :) Especially in slow corners its kinda twitchy with the default setup/diffs.

Giovtec
14-08-2015, 15:42
Me and my Audi LMS ultra are even slower than that ginetta GT3
i am around 2:12 or 13 race pace.

My fastest 2:10

this is from a couple of days ago.

Elmo
14-08-2015, 16:06
Would like to run another test session on that FFB shaking issue.

Test it with different tire wear multipliers for example and also check if we can see anything else in the new telemetry.

I'll be online from 1800 UTC onward.

t0daY
14-08-2015, 16:10
Would like to run another test session on that FFB shaking issue.

Test it with different tire wear multipliers for example and also check if we can see anything else in the new telemetry.

I'll be online from 1800 UTC onward.

We already did Elmo... no big changes to be honest... with soft slicks it starts around lap 10 and with hard slicks it starts around lap 15 +- ... I think the race wont happen with the x3 multiplier :(

Timmynator
14-08-2015, 16:19
2:00:xxx are impossible and not realistic :D go for high 2:05:xxx or mid/low 2:06:xxx :p

Try to reduce the deaccel. diff and maybe also the accel. diff... its not about the missing SC believe me :) Especially in slow corners its kinda twitchy with the default setup/diffs.

Done all that, too. But since you volunteered: why don't you find us a nice race setup that works from 0500-1800h and gives nice 2:05/2:06 lap times ;)

In case it came across different in earlier posts: I don't mind running without SC or in another car, but if I can, I'd like to run a (competitive) Z4 since that's what I've been using for a whole while now...

t0daY
14-08-2015, 16:34
Done all that, too. But since you volunteered: why don't you find us a nice race setup that works from 0500-1800h and gives nice 2:05/2:06 lap times ;)

In case it came across different in earlier posts: I don't mind running without SC or in another car, but if I can, I'd like to run a (competitive) Z4 since that's what I've been using for a whole while now...

At the moment I am only testing with the audi duo the ffb rumbling problem. Gonna start with my z4 setup tomorrow I think. Gonna have a look on it... on my test stints which we are doing every race I managed a 2:08:000 with default setup so I think there is more possible :p Maybe we can do some setup things tomorrow together if you want to :)

t0daY
14-08-2015, 17:01
*Double Post*

miagi
14-08-2015, 17:09
Just did 21 laps with "real" tire wear at Bathurst, Soft Compound. No rattle. Tire wear according to Profiler FR 29%, RR 30%.

Will Fly
14-08-2015, 17:11
Sorry peoples not been on for awhile GPU went tits up had to buy a new one
but im up and running again.

Elmo
14-08-2015, 17:14
I pop by at 1800 UTC anyway for a testing debrief and a bit of practice for Sunday :)

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 18:19
@Elmo.

The bug I had was where you jump into a session and hit drive straight away you get an incorrect fuel amount, when I returned to pits viewed my setup and hit save it was resolved.

This didn't happen the first time I tried but did happen the second time, first time was Bentley at Bathurst and second time was Mclaren GT3 at Bathurst

t0daY
14-08-2015, 18:31
Hello Gentlemen :p

According the ffb bugs on bathurst with the multiplier 3x we going to change it back to REAL (that means Tire Wear Indicator: 1x). But even with Tire Wear on 1x the "whobbling" effect could take place in a later state of the race.

Here a little example what the "whobbling" effect is (watch the upper left corner, the wheel is completly shaking):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9FPuKBsRpQ

The main problem is that there is no real difference between soft slicks or hard slicks. With Tire Wear multiplier 3 the softs starts to whobbling after 10 laps, the hard slicks after 15 laps...

Second change will be a mandatory pitstop between lap 15 - 20. This shall ensure that nobody will ran actually into the ffb issue. Even if we are setting the Indicator to real, it is not solving the problem in general it just moving the problem in the back and the "whobbling" starts in a later state (around lap 20/25).

Greetings,

FlyingKman, Photonenbert & t0daY

ZiggyUK
15-08-2015, 01:47
@t0daY: Thank you for posting up the announcement. Can you please re-up the complete race details with the amendments please so that our drivers have all the details in one place.

t0daY
15-08-2015, 01:55

Hello Gentlemen,

This sunday is again a special one. 1,2 hours of Bathurst, Australia with the GT3 cars.

Date: 16th August 2015 (Ingame Date: 16th February 2015 - Summertime in Australia)
Time: 19:00 UTC

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Race: 1+34 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Ingame Time: 5:00
Time progression: 10x
Weather Forecast: Partially cloudy then clearing up as we go into the day
Weather progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real, that means adjustable ABS, adjustable TC, no SC
Tire Wear Indicator: Real
Fuel Usage Indicator: Real

This is a simulation of the 12 hours of Bathurst. The Qualifying session will be at night and the start of the race will be around 5:00 in the morning.

IMPORTANT:

According the ffb bugs on bathurst with the multiplier 3x we going to change it back to REAL (that means Tire Wear Indicator: 1x). But even with Tire Wear on 1x the "whobbling" effect could take place in a later state of the race.
Here a little example what the "whobbling" effect is (watch the upper left corner, the wheel is completly shaking):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9FPuKBsRpQ

The main problem is that there is no real difference between soft slicks or hard slicks. With Tire Wear multiplier 3 the softs starts to whobbling after 10 laps, the hard slicks after 15 laps...
Second change will be a mandatory pitstop between lap 15 - 20. This shall ensure that nobody will ran actually into the ffb issue. Even if we are setting the Indicator to real, it is not solving the problem in general it just moving the problem in the back and the "whobbling" starts in a later state (around lap 20/25).

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation on the Conrod Straight (before turn 20 – the Chase).

After Le Mans and the 2,4 hours of Spa the 1,2 hours of Bathurst is calling us. Who will claim this victory?

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

t0daY
15-08-2015, 01:55
@t0daY: Thank you for posting up the announcement. Can you please re-up the complete race details with the amendments please so that our drivers have all the details in one place.

done :p

falcon2081
15-08-2015, 02:09
Disappointed I will miss this. SIGH....Curse you real life!

Keithb23
15-08-2015, 07:25
Is there a registration forms for this, or do we just show up? How will the password be shared?

Gopher04
15-08-2015, 07:40
Its just a normal race Keith, no need for registration, PW is the norm, if you don't know it just appear on TS and you will be told m8.

PzR Slim
15-08-2015, 08:01
Am I ok to enter the Bathurst race as an NCC?

Alex Hobbs
15-08-2015, 09:11
Fraid not slim :)

PzR Slim
15-08-2015, 10:01
Fraid not slim :)

Ok, no problem. See you Thursday then.

Bagaz
15-08-2015, 13:15
At the moment I am only testing with the audi duo the ffb rumbling problem. Gonna start with my z4 setup tomorrow I think. Gonna have a look on it... on my test stints which we are doing every race I managed a 2:08:000 with default setup so I think there is more possible :p Maybe we can do some setup things tomorrow together if you want to :)

2:08 On a default setup! ? I can only manage a 2:09 in the ruf with much fetling.
Maybe I am making things worse changing the setup lol.

Alex Hobbs
15-08-2015, 13:27
Tonight

For a bit of fun we'll be doing some precision driving sessions from about 16:00UTC onwards tonight, all drivers of NCC and above are welcome to join, stunt driving skills are not necessary :)

Here's a little something we put together last time:

MikeyTT
15-08-2015, 14:58
I've been toying with joining on Sun, but I'm really struggling to get any of the GT3s stable enough to do a long run over the mountain. I can't do more than about 3 laps without throwing it into the barriers, even trying to be careful.

I can get the BMW the most stable, but I'm running in the 2:11s with that. The Ruf and McLaren are 2nd best, but I'm low 2:09s. The Bentley just bites me every time I even think of pressing the throttle.

I used to love the circuit with the old Asano X4, but I'm struggling big time with the GT3s. Coming down the mountain seems worse. Even tippy-toeing I'm dropping it far too many times to even consider running in an event that's 34 laps long. Every time it's the rear that just comes around on me.

Anyone got any thoughts, or tips on how to get the twisty bits nailed without crawling around?

Bagaz
15-08-2015, 15:10
I've been toying with joining on Sun, but I'm really struggling to get any of the GT3s stable enough to do a long run over the mountain. I can't do more than about 3 laps without throwing it into the barriers, even trying to be careful.

I can get the BMW the most stable, but I'm running in the 2:11s with that. The Ruf and McLaren are 2nd best, but I'm low 2:09s. The Bentley just bites me every time I even think of pressing the throttle.

I used to love the circuit with the old Asano X4, but I'm struggling big time with the GT3s. Coming down the mountain seems worse. Even tippy-toeing I'm dropping it far too many times to even consider running in an event that's 34 laps long. Every time it's the rear that just comes around on me.

Anyone got any thoughts, or tips on how to get the twisty bits nailed without crawling around?

I found softening the springs and raising the ride height helped slightly. It's quite bumpy up the top of the track. I also stiffened the roll bars proportionately to each other. However I'm no expert at setting cars up, still experimenting really.

I'm still not faster than you though lapping in low 2:09 but at least fairly consistent in the ruf. Tried the Audi briefly and found it pretty close on pace without much messing about.

Giovtec
15-08-2015, 15:10

If there is no NCC race, you and i can battle :boxing: , cuz i am in the same position, 3 or 4 laps then start the drunk driving, my fast in the audi is 2:09xx but race pace is 2:11 - 12 :D

MikeyTT
15-08-2015, 15:23
I found softening the springs and raising the ride height helped slightly. It's quite bumpy up the top of the track. I also stiffened the roll bars proportionately to each other. However I'm no expert at setting cars up, still experimenting really.

I'm still not faster than you though lapping in low 2:09 but at least fairly consistent in the ruf. Tried the Audi briefly and found it pretty close on pace without much messing about.

The Audi!! I never tried that actually. I'll turn some laps in that later once I've washed the car. I'll try the setup suggestions too, just need it so I can be consistent as the first point of call.

If there is no NCC race, you and i can battle :boxing: , cuz i am in the same position, 3 or 4 laps then start the drunk driving, my fast in the audi is 2:09xx but race pace is 2:11 - 12 :D

I'm not a trillion miles away from you then actually. I can do 2 maybe 3 laps in the 2:09s, but that's pushing and I'll inevitably make a mistake, so in the '10s and '11s is probably a safer, consistent time.

I can normally get near the TT times after a few laps, but I just can't get into a rhythm on this track.

Timmynator
15-08-2015, 15:40
I managed a 2:08:000 with default setup so I think there is more possible :p Maybe we can do some setup things tomorrow together if you want to :)

You're right, a 2:08:xxx is possible, albeit with a custom setup for me. Problem is, that's a hotlap time with all sectors (more or less) botched together well. Race pace is probably going to end up at 2:10 / 2:11 which, if the other cars are capable of running 2:07 is still way off...

Maybe the Z4 just isn't quite as suited to this track, I'll fiddle with it a bit more tonight. If our schedules align, I'd appreciate some input from you. Haven't had to wrangle with the Z4 this much in a long time, even if my pace was off I was at least relatively steady with my pace - this time it's all over the place, too.

Edit:
@ Mikey: Since we're both tuning the Z4, might it help if we cross-referenced our setups? I've basically done what's already been described above, soften it a bit and adjusted diffs, radiators, ducts to my liking, but a second pair of eyes might do the trick. Mine's a bit more razor-edge, though, I'd love to see what you did to calm the thing down...

cluck
15-08-2015, 15:53
I ran a low 2m08 time last night (after a few beers) with default setup in the Ruf but you're right, the first drop down is nervous. Dropped the rear wing down to 4 this morning and pushed the brake bias to 52 and I can run mid-2m07 laps consistently starting with 75L of fuel on board.

I tried tinkering with some settings (which is something I almost never do, beyond wings) but it made the car even worse, so I went back to default again and just dropped the wings.

MikeyTT
15-08-2015, 16:44
@ Mikey: Since we're both tuning the Z4...

I was running the other BMW GT3 (M3?). I've never got on with the Z4 on any track, it's a car that just never feels right to me. So unfortunately I can't help you out there, sorry.

Timmynator
15-08-2015, 16:47
No worries, maybe I ought to give that a try then :D

MikeyTT
15-08-2015, 19:39
Ok, so I've just tried the Bentley again, as I do love that car; a) it's right hand drive and b) it's built round the corner. I really struggled to keep it on track over the mountain, but I've tweaked the dampers and raised the aero a touch. I've just run 8 laps without throwing it at the scenery and all in the mid/high 2:08s and low 2:09s with 90ltrs of fuel!

With 20ish ltrs of fuel I can hit a low 2:07 with it hanging out a tad, but feeling stable. Really glad I persisted with the setup (thanks for the advice guys). I'll have a play in the morrow to see if I can get rid of some of the understeer now and I should be all set, and not be a liability ;)

Timmy: Give the Bentley an outing and see how that goes. With the changes you suggested it's more stable and doesn't feel like it's going to kill me now. You need to be a little patient with the understeer, but I was putting in some good times. If you knew the track better then I'm sure you could easily drop to the 2:06s without much hassle.

Edit: I'll gladly share the setup pre-race if anyone wants it. Just won't be till tomorrow now.

Timmynator
15-08-2015, 19:54
Thanks for the input Mikey, I'll keep the Noobly Cannonental in mind ;)

On the other hand, I've put so much work into tweaking my Z4 I think I'll just run that regardles - need to have some kind of learning effect from all the grief it's given me and I'm kind of stupid/stubborn that way :D

Neil Bateman
15-08-2015, 21:26
I have done a 2:06.4 in the bentley but was only low fuel, think about 22L when i started the lap plus did not notice time of day which would make a difference.

PzR Slim
15-08-2015, 22:06
Thought I'd have a little blast round Bathurst in the GT3's. Chose the MP4-12 as it's probably my favourite car in game. Set the time to 05.00 and had about 30l of fuel on leaving pits. I can't tune to save my life so it was stock apart from dropping tyre pressure all round a little. Pushing to the absolute limit I managed a 2:06.446 which I was very happy with, pretty safe to lap in the 08's but I reckon I could get into the 05's with less fuel and a perfect lap. It's going to be one hell of a race for you guys. Look forward to seeing some vids. Enjoy it!

colbalt67
16-08-2015, 09:37
Hi all
Not going to make any of the races today
steering wheel not powering up need to work out whats wrong hopefully a cheap fix as im skint at moment
catch you soon with any luck

Gopher04
16-08-2015, 10:11
Heads up for tonight guys, anyone thinking of doing full race on 1 set of tyre's, I wouldn't, I done some long test last night on real setting's, and the tyre/ffb death rattle comes in eventually, Elmo has been informed.

Just in interest what driver groups are racing in tonight's race? I have no idea who's who half the time.

Pamellaaa
16-08-2015, 10:15
Heads up for tonight guys, anyone thinking of doing full race on 1 set of tyre's, I wouldn't, I done some long test last night on real setting's, and the tyre/ffb death rattle comes in eventually, Elmo has been informed.

Just in interest what driver groups are racing in tonight's race? I have no idea who's who half the time.

t0day has set up a mandatory pit stop between laps 15 - 20 to stop people running into the rattling problem.

In terms of who is racing tonight anyone with a P plate or who is a gent is allowed to race.

TonyR
16-08-2015, 10:30
I'm back from my (first) holidays, so I'll be racing, really looking forward to this, although I don't have time to practice ...
If anyone is interested I'll also be streaming on my Youtube-Channel, for all Germans remember to activate Proxflow ;)

(btw. when I was quick reading all threads and all pages I caught something about added latency due to live streaming, this is indeed true, however not a bigger effect than what constant teamspeak chat does. Last time I looked for it Teamspeak streamed a constant 50 kbyte in the background when people were talking like they usually do)

Gopher04
16-08-2015, 10:44
t0day has set up a mandatory pit stop between laps 15 - 20 to stop people running into the rattling problem.

In terms of who is racing tonight anyone with a P plate or who is a gent is allowed to race.

Yeh I was aware of that, but I just wanted to test real settings.

(btw. when I was quick reading all threads and all pages I caught something about added latency due to live streaming, this is indeed true, however not a bigger effect than what constant teamspeak chat does. Last time I looked for it Teamspeak streamed a constant 50 kbyte in the background when people were talking like they usually do)

Well 50kb will break the bank....Quick ban talking from Teamspeak Zigg..hmm that could be strange, lets call it mimespeak...:congratulatory:

TonyR
16-08-2015, 11:36
Yeh I was aware of that, but I just wanted to test real settings.

Well 50kb will break the bank....Quick ban talking from Teamspeak Zigg..hmm that could be strange, lets call it mimespeak...:congratulatory:

;) I'm just saying it doesn't matter if it's 50 kb or 500 kb, both influence the latency to the same degree.

Giovtec
16-08-2015, 13:54
Just a quick reminder, very important to wait until you have a clean pass!.

Also this is going to be 1.2 hrs, no need to show off that you can win it in the first lap "YOU ALIENS" :p

Oh, and one question, are we going to race few laps in the night? cuz we have GT: 5:00 TP: X10

blackduckrun
16-08-2015, 14:29
Am I eligible to run in anything? Last time I was in Teamspeak I'm not sure I had any icon's by my name.

Paul R

Giovtec
16-08-2015, 14:32
Am I eligible to run in anything? Last time I was in Teamspeak I'm not sure I had any icon's by my name.

Paul R

double check TS if you got your "P"

SillySausage
16-08-2015, 15:58
Basically don't try and pass across the top of the mountain - it doesn't work. :p

Gopher04
16-08-2015, 16:34
I'm out tonight guys, my neck has gone into turbo mode over the last few days, just can't stay seated for long periods...have fun.

Elmo
16-08-2015, 16:39
I'm out tonight guys, my neck has gone into turbo mode over the last few days, just can't stay seated for long periods...have fun.

Sorry to hear that :(

Thanks for all the testing over the last days. I'll try to defend the SLS honors for you!

quelus
16-08-2015, 16:41
Felas I won't be joining yo tonite, have fun!

MelBonkers
16-08-2015, 16:41

Thanks for all the testing over the last days. I'll try to defend the SLS honors for you!

Ben,

If you have some advice on the SLS setup that can make it go into the 2m08, I'd happily take the SLS as well. With the SLS my fastest lap was 2m10 I think. With the RUF I can easily do 2m08. The McLaren is even faster.

Iceman07
16-08-2015, 16:42
I'm joining in the Mclaren tonight, but I'm having some problems with the setup. Mabey someone can help me :rolleyes:

I raised the ride heigh from 65 to 69 mm at the front and from 55 to 62 at the rear already but the car is still touching the ground very often. Shall I raise the height even more or are there any other options?

Elmo
16-08-2015, 16:47
Ben,

If you have some advice on the SLS setup that can make it go into the 2m08, I'd happily take the SLS as well. With the SLS my fastest lap was 2m10 I think. With the RUF I can easily do 2m08. The McLaren is even faster.

Here is my setup, I can do a 2:09 with race fuel (88 liters):

Gopher04
16-08-2015, 16:49

Yeh I was lucky to do as much yesterday as I did, but was drugged up with extreme pain killer, but I suffer the following day with them..

miagi
16-08-2015, 17:21
Here is my setup, I can do a 2:09 with race fuel (88 liters):

I think the SLS is creazy overdamped. Try this one if you have time.

blackduckrun
16-08-2015, 17:23
double check TS if you got your "P"

I think it would be GEN permissions since I've been cruising around with TGC since the OFG started, no one has told me otherwise anyhow. But yeah, not enough permission to join the GEN channel. All I have is the pCARS icon. Oh well, not sure the new windows build is ready for prime time anyway. Maybe I'll get it straightened out one way or the other by next week.

Paul R

t0daY
16-08-2015, 17:59

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Catalunya, Spain with the Formula B car.

Date: 13th September 2015

Practice Start: 18:30 UTC
Qualifying Start: 18:45 UTC
Race Start: 19:00 UTC (1+59 laps - Standing Start)

Ingame Time: 14:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather Forecast: Partially cloudy then clearing up as we proceed to the end of the race
Weather progression: 1x

Driving Aids: Real

IMPORTANT: This race will be the first time we try out our new starting procedure for the open wheelers which is a formation lap into a standing start. We will do some additional “Advanced Training Sessions” before the race (1-2 on saturday and 1-2 on sunday / usually once a week on a thursday 19:00 UTC). You need to attend at least to one “ATS” otherwise you can not participate to the race.

This procedure works as follows:

1. When on the grid no-one moves until instruction is recieved from the race controller.
2. On the race controllers instruction the leader may move off and the warm up lap is underway.
3. All cars must follow the lead car around maintaining the gap to the car in front of them between 0.5 and 2.5 seconds.
4. Before the final corner (or in another appropriate position as determined by the race controller) the call will be made to move to the correct side of the grid in preparation for stopping in your spot.
5. When all cars are on the grid the following call will made by the race controller or another steward “Red..Red..Red....Green” on green the race is a go.

Please note the following rules apply during the starting procedure:

• There is no specific speed limit, the pace of the field is controlled by the lead car
• Brake and tyre warming is perfectly acceptable including the use of burnouts.
• If you spin out during the warm up lap you must stay off the track until the final car has passed you and start from the back of the grid.
• Overtaking on the warm up lap is strictly forbidden.
• When the race controller calls “odds on the left and evens on the right” you must use the position that you are in when the call is made as positions may have changed due to spinners or retirements.
• If a track has the pole position slot on the right hand side of the grid this grid slot is ignored - the pole sitter is always on the left hand side of the grid, this means that the pole driver will use grid slot 2 at certain tracks.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. At the end of the formation lap every driver has to place his car onto his grid box. Then we will proceed with a standing start.

Greetings,

Alex Hobbs
16-08-2015, 18:22
Hey fellas, if you don't want to see a wireframe bentley tonight then here's the AI file to put into your texture folder :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29853698/Astuff/BEN_CON_GT3_LIVERY_AI.dds

Pamellaaa
16-08-2015, 18:25
Have a good race tonight guys, I can't get a car around the track today so I would be a liability if I joined in and I am not feeling too hot. Good luck to all involved.

@Elmo this is the video we were discussing that shows the fuel level bug when you are going straight to track without saving the setup first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcYwUAYRBM

blackduckrun
16-08-2015, 18:34
If you raced since the OFG and with old members like Elmo, miagi or MelBonkers (just examples :P) you can join the GEN race tonight :)

Cool. I guess I just need someone to give me the right credentials.

Paul R

Elmo
16-08-2015, 18:40
Cool. I guess I just need someone to give me the right credentials.

Paul R

Just hop into TS and we get you sorted Paul

MikeyTT
16-08-2015, 18:57
I'm live streaming tonight for those that are interested.

www.twitch.TV/mikeytt

It's up right now...

SillySausage
16-08-2015, 19:43
Gutted!

Had my game lose sound at the end of qualifying then crash on the formation lap. Obviously I was looking forward to this race more than any and was most likely in for my best finish after many, many hours of practice and tuning.

Thanks anyway to the organisers for keeping a humble Aussie in mind when choosing the tracks - hopefully things go better next time.

Error Screen:

On the bright side I managed to take some pics of the lightning fast Z4 (:p) during my extensive practice/testing this week.

t0daY
16-08-2015, 20:20
Gutted!

Had my game lose sound at the end of qualifying then crash on the formation lap. Obviously I was looking forward to this race more than any and was most likely in for my best finish after many, many hours of practice and tuning.

Thanks anyway to the organisers for keeping a humble Aussie in mind when choosing the tracks - hopefully things go better next time.

Error Screen:

On the bright side I managed to take some pics of the lightning fast Z4 (:p) during my extensive practice/testing this week.

The like is for the screenshots not for your disco :( Had also a disconnect and wasnt able to start the race :( Maybe next time!

TheDoctor46
16-08-2015, 20:21
Well, first of all thanks to the splendid organising...this was my first race with semi professional pitstops in ages and it was stunning how (almost) everyone behaved like he should be. Its really always a pleasure to drive with gentlemen and not just die hard racers :) I had a really nice couple of laps fighting with Photonenbert who was in the SLS and flew away on every streight meter but I could catch up in braking zones...awesome.

However I completly messed my pitstop first I had an unexpected drive through penalty because my pitbox was obscurred (there were only like 5 cars in the pits but WTF!). On the next try I messed it by not arraging my pitstop strategy beforehand and got out of the pits with a full tank and old tires :p Than I did a third one to change tires, but out of the pits I still had the rodden tires installed :hopelessness: And on top of the cake when trying to get to the pits a fourth time, my connection lost somewhere in the esses...I do hope I didnt obscurred someones race?

Long story short: the first 15laps + qualifying were a blast, the rest meh. Looking forward to the next one :o

miagi
16-08-2015, 21:00
Race Results

Recording incoming

BumperCarrotNL
16-08-2015, 21:22
thx for the race tonight guys! really enjoyed that. had some problems with the pits (occupied and one i miss-clicked, thinking i had the right stragatie selected but i did not so i had to pit 2x in the mandatory pit stop time) might have had a fight with twiggy in the end if that didn't happen. i managed to keep eskimothor on a few seconds behind me for the last 5 laps or so. some good close racing in the beginning as well but i was a little to aggressive after the straight going downhill. i ended up putting my car off trak so i wouldn't hit someone in the back. catched up to them by 1-2 laps becouse driving close together on the hill slows you down. where as i was on my own for a bit :)

12H of Bathurst :yes:

Timmynator
16-08-2015, 21:29
Race Results

WTF I should've been listed right behind Mark Baggaley, he out-dragged me after the last corner and just barely nudged his nose in front of mine. Although we were running P21/22 at the time iirc...

Bagaz
16-08-2015, 21:48
WTF I should've been listed right behind Mark Baggaley, he out-dragged me after the last corner and just barely nudged his nose in front of mine. Although we were running P21/22 at the time iirc...

My thoughts exactly. your bmw did look slightly battered might I add.

MelBonkers
16-08-2015, 21:58
Well, what a fantastic race it turned out to be. During qualifying I couldn't get a good clear run and during my last lap I was 1,5 seconds down my time and then the session was ended. So I started 18th or so. At the race start I saw I messed up my setup and put in 30 liters of fuel in the race and 60 in qualifying (go figure). I then decided to head straight into the pits at the start and build up my race from there as I anticipated that would cost me less time. So I went into the pits and changed tires (why not) and fuelled the car to 70 liters and then started from the rear of the field. I was trying to put in consistent laps and keep the car safe. Then I pitted in lap 16 or 17 for the mandatory pits. Somehow I got refilled to 110 liters and 4 new tires. And then I rejoined behind Twiggy and the closest battle I've had in MP racing the last couple of months started. We were about 0.5 seconds seperated and everytime I closed up on the mountain or after s/f straight, I caught the slipstream of Twiggy and......the McLaren just took off in the distance. That car was a rocket. I think I chased Twiggy 5 laps or so and then I finally found a gap coming out of the last corner before s/f, but still we went side-by-side through T1 and blasting down the first long straight. I finally got passed and tried to build up a gap. But the gap was never bigger than 3.5 seconds or so. I was using all my tricks and driving skills to keep Twiggy behind me till the end. Pitty Twiggy lost it 2 or 3 laps before the end, but that for sure gave me some breathing space. I then continued to chase madmuffin. I came very close two laps before the end and then I lost the car coming out of T1 and hit the wall. I got the car back on track and brought the beast home in P13, but due to people running out of fuel I got P11 in the result screen. What a race! Thanx Twiggy, that fight was just awesome!

In the end my fastest lap was a 2m07something, put in the first or second lap after my pitstop with 105 liters of fuel. I was very happy with that.

Timmynator
16-08-2015, 22:39
My thoughts exactly. your bmw did look slightly battered might I add.

I did run the last few laps with 20% suspension and close to 30% aero damage, so that's about to be expected I guess :D

My Z4 seemed to have developed a taste for corner walls towards the end of the race.

t0daY
16-08-2015, 22:43
My point of view during the race. I believe its a 3-4 second disconnect and then I spawned under thedoctor? xD Strange... I am sorry for causing any troubles, wasnt my intention :O

My point of view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdpiuHoyk5k&feature=youtu.be

MikeyTT point of view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZMOF0mHI4I&feature=youtu.be

miagi
16-08-2015, 23:08
What a glorious win, thanks everyone for participating, was huge fun <3

http://youtu.be/ijSt2_QZHTs

7:35 - Wheel to Wheel :D
8:02 - Hello P2
20:50 - Power vs. Top Speed
23:50 - Wheel to Wheel ^^
24:30 - Leading the race
31:52 - Pit Stop gave me wrong tire pressure (34:37)
36:54 - Lapping XiondrapoS nice
38:25 - Trouble lapping
39:20 - Please don't
1:00:24 - My mistake of the race
1:02:43 - Car standing in 2nd corner
1:09:40 - Nemeth I don't get it... You don't stay on race line. Brake on the straight right in front of me ...
1:13:10 - Finish

Pit Stop gave me +0.1 bar tire pressure on all tires 0,o''

Alex Hobbs
16-08-2015, 23:20
That was fun :D had one incident when muffin span in front of me and I felt the need to follow suit into the chicane, and then another when the car decided to twerk on the top of the mountain and throw me off. Still good fun driving though, had the chance to dial the setup in nicely and had a reasonably nice car to drive and chuck around for a few laps :D

Also the formation lap was pretty good this time, good job fellas :)

Stevie_F
17-08-2015, 00:18
A few non expert photos from Bathurst215305215306215307215308215309

I had a great race if I'm honest, up until I ran out of fuel on the second to last turn! Anyway, had a few bumps at the start and found myself going backwards rather than forwards, so started the race P4, end of lap 2 and I was around P14? Due to aero damage I decided to pit on lap 3. Found myself in some free air and managed to gain a few places back before my pit again at lap 18. I had the steering lock bug in the pits so I think thats why I managed to miss calculate my fuel at the end and run out. I would of been P5/6 if I had crossed the line but it wasn't to be. Other than that, great racing! Thankyou to the event holders and staff for making it what it was. Also thankyou to the back markers, at my end there were no problems with space or communication.

Giovtec
17-08-2015, 01:20
Absolutely delightful race Gents! :eagerness:
Firstly: Thanks to all participants to made this race a hell of a race!
Secondly: I would like to say that, as my internet didn't die today and my laps were consistent *ish* i manage to finish a race that i didn't think and believe that i was going to finish.
Thirdly: Thank you again TGC club, i am enjoying pCARS cuz of you! ~~ :rolleyes:

I will show you the incident that cost me more than one lap.

i think it was XiondrapoS who lag a bit then land in top of my car.

Then jumped from my roof to the track. Literally Skydive Dubai (Livery)

I will try to upload the video of highlights!

Cheers Gents!

falcon2081
17-08-2015, 02:11
So jealous of you guys right now. Missed all the fun. I'm back from work finally so I'll be around Wednesday and Sunday.

x ImJakeyy
17-08-2015, 02:50
Was a fun race tonight guys, I think I could have won it, but would have been a great battle with Miagi. But well I kinda lost the rear of the car and lost a wheel :(

The 12 laps that I did race how ever were fun and amazing, hopefully we can do this combo again!

Was happy that I got pole on this track though, been time chasing for the last 2 days and couldn't get p1 for the end of a session, just needed that space in such a packed quali session!

Great race by all and hopefully see you all next Sunday!

Gopher04
17-08-2015, 08:18
1:09:40 - Nemeth I don't get it... You don't stay on race line. Brake on the straight right in front of me ...

That's a case of someone trying to be nice and letting you lap, moving offline and braking, isn't this yet drilled into people that is what you don't do, being nice can be the worst scenario, especially over the hill, just wait until the downhill straight, lower you pace slightly and miagi would do the rest..

Nice vid miagi..:eagerness:

javoresku
17-08-2015, 10:09
I really wanted to take part in this race, but on the other hand there was this other race IRL for which the entry fees and hotel were already paid. Keeping it steady for the first two days and putting the hammer down in the last day and having one of the best co-drivers in Bulgaria onboard brought me my first win.

Photonenbert
17-08-2015, 11:01

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Monza GP, Italy with the Pagani Zonda R and the RUF CTR 3 SMS-R. This time it is going to be a 2 race format event with reversed grid in the second race.

Date: 23rd August 2015

Practice Start: 18:30 UTC
Qualifying Start: 18:45 UTC
Race Start: 19:00 UTC (2x “1+24 laps” - Rolling Start with Formation Lap)

Ingame Time: 12:00
Time progression: 2x
Weather Forecast: Clear weather with potentially decreasing visibilty
Weather progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after turn 8 (Variante Ascari).

Greetings,

alex salmon
17-08-2015, 12:26
Absolutely delightful race Gents! :eagerness:
Firstly: Thanks to all participants to made this race a hell of a race!
Secondly: I would like to say that, as my internet didn't die today and my laps were consistent *ish* i manage to finish a race that i didn't think and believe that i was going to finish.
Thirdly: Thank you again TGC club, i am enjoying pCARS cuz of you! ~~ :rolleyes:

I will show you the incident that cost me more than one lap.

i think it was XiondrapoS who lag a bit then land in top of my car.

Then jumped from my roof to the track. Literally Skydive Dubai (Livery)

I will try to upload the video of highlights!

Cheers Gents!

and that kids is how baby Porsche's are made XD

Thanks to everyone who helped last night it was great race :)

t0daY
17-08-2015, 12:29
and that kids is how baby Porsche's are made XD

Thanks to everyone who helped last night it was great race :)

Baby Porsche *_* I want one!

NemethR
17-08-2015, 13:25
Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Monza GP, Italy with the Pagani Zonda R and the RUF CTR 3 SMS-R. This time it is going to be a 2 race format event with reversed grid in the second race.

I think the field will be like 95% Zonda.
The RUF is a lot slower, and close to undriveable (safely).

t0daY
17-08-2015, 13:39
I think the field will be like 95% Zonda.
The RUF is a lot slower, and close to undriveable (safely).

Cant agree. At our test stints which kman, photo and I did, the RUF was on default setup overall faster about 0.300 - 0.500. The RUF is slighlty faster but it is using 1L more fuel per lap than the Pagani and the RUF has also a smaller tank.
The matchup is pretty even :)

*edit*
Pagani: 100L tank and 4,3 litres/lap
RUF: 90L tank and 5,4 litres/lap --> overall on testing (just looked it up) 1 second faster on default setup than the pagani :p

NemethR
17-08-2015, 13:51
Cant agree. At our test stints which kman, photo and I did, the RUF was on default setup overall faster about 0.300 - 0.500. The RUF is slighlty faster but it is using 1L more fuel per lap than the Pagani and the RUF has also a smaller tank.
The matchup is pretty even :)

*edit*
Pagani: 100L tank and 4,3 litres/lap
RUF: 90L tank and 5,4 litres/lap --> overall on testing (just looked it up) 0.5 second faster on default setup than the pagani :p

Then I am just slower with it... This can be tough, as I don't feel confident with the car.
But still I am like 2 sec slower with it then the Pagani :)

t0daY
17-08-2015, 13:56
Then I am just slower with it... This can be tough, as I don't feel confident with the car.
But still I am like 2 sec slower with it then the Pagani :)

Well it depends also heavily on ur own personal driving style. The only thing I can say, that we all 3 were with the default setup over 1 second faster than the pagani. What you can gain with setup work and so on, no slightly clue :D

Tricky
17-08-2015, 14:14
Looked like a good one last night, I watched a bit of Mikey and Tonys live feeds, and just watched some of Miagi's video above. I considered joining in but wasn't feeling 100%.

Not sure I'll be able to join next Sundays as I'll be at Shelsey Walsh all day and unlikely to want to jump straight into a race when I get back. Probably...

PerFixAlot
17-08-2015, 14:30
Well it depends also heavily on ur own personal driving style. The only thing I can say, that we all 3 were with the default setup over 1 second faster than the pagani. What you can gain with setup work and so on, no slightly clue :D

We had a GT1X race on Spa long some time ago, then the Zonda was generally a bit faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGa6Hbl_k7w
I can't remember how badly the race was affected by bugs back then, and it could be that the balance has changed a bit and that the differences in track favors the Ruf this time.
It looks like it will be interesting to find out though.

Will Fly
17-08-2015, 16:15
was running 4th pitted got wrong fuel then a black screen what a load of bollocks.

but had some great racing thank you all.

MikeyTT
17-08-2015, 16:58
Here is the view of the event from my perspective. Fairly uneventful really, lots of laps where I'm just chasing down on my own.

Shortened Twitch stream of the event:
http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt/v/11371072

Here is the replay of the event with the outside camera, including the issues just before the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti7PHZHwL7g

Few highlights:
04:05 - Running wide at the top of the mountain
07:50 - Chasing down and close battling
09:50 - Blasting past on the straight, but not breaking away. 3 way running for a while
17:50 - Pressuring and looking for a pass
19:08 - Wrong again on the mountain!!
27:20 - Hello, me again, looking for a pass, no mistakes this time
28:20 - Gotcha, oh no wait! bloody kerb :(
31:00 - Pitstop
50:20 - Backmarkers everywhere. Tread softly now!
1:06:00 - Stevie is gaining at a worrying rate. All under control tho. Only a few laps left, and I'm in the zone now!
1:09:00 - Zone!! My derričre, what was that, you numpty?! Stevie shows me a clean pair of heels
1:14:35 - !!! Stevie's been watching my racing and has run out of fuel, 1 corner before the end!! I'll take that thanks.

5th place, from 14th (IIRC).

Edit: @18:00 the video is still not processed fully and still is poor quality.

Iceman07
17-08-2015, 17:28
What a great race :)

I was driving very consistent and only made one mistake when I spun in the tight lefthander before the long straight.

I couldn't go the speed MikeyTT was going and Stevie was gaining more than a second per lap in the end of the race, but by being very consistent I ended on P6. I came from P14 at the start and was on P10 after the first few laps.
And those Bentleys where just flying by at the straight :D

Sorry to FlyingKman, when I was behind you. I didn't want to lap you in the second corner, I just missed my braking point. Good reaction from you that you could prevent a crash. :hopelessness:

Thanks for the clean racing, and thanks to the organizers. The chating during the race was like I expect it for a league race. Well done everyone.

Stevie_F
17-08-2015, 17:57
Here is the view of the event from my perspective. Fairly uneventful really, lots of laps where I'm just chasing down on my own.

Shortened Twitch stream of the event:
http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt/v/11371072

Here is the replay of the event with the outside camera, including the issues just before the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti7PHZHwL7g

Few highlights:
04:05 - Running wide at the top of the mountain
07:50 - Chasing down and close battling
09:50 - Blasting past on the straight, but not breaking away. 3 way running for a while
17:50 - Pressuring and looking for a pass
19:08 - Wrong again on the mountain!!
27:20 - Hello, me again, looking for a pass, no mistakes this time
28:20 - Gotcha, oh no wait! bloody kerb :(
31:00 - Pitstop
50:20 - Backmarkers everywhere. Tread softly now!
1:06:00 - Stevie is gaining at a worrying rate. All under control tho. Only a few laps left, and I'm in the zone now!
1:09:00 - Zone!! My derričre, what was that, you numpty?! Stevie shows me a clean pair of heels
1:14:35 - !!! Stevie's been watching my racing and has run out of fuel, 1 corner before the end!! I'll take that thanks.

5th place, from 14th (IIRC).

Edit: @18:00 the video is still not processed fully and still is poor quality.

Great video mate, not entirely sure why I'm showing as a Bentley when I was in the Mclaren? But that is definitely me.

cluck
17-08-2015, 17:59
Despite loving the track and loving the Ruf there, I just could not get comfortable racing sans-Rift. Multiple returns to the pits left me so far out of position that I started trying to unlap myself - my apologies to whoever it was that I caused a collision with on the S/F straight, I lost the back end coming out of the last corner and tried to over-correct it, resulting in bouncing off both barriers :o - but it was futile, I kept making silly mistakes. I was a victim of my own inability to drive without the Rift.

I tried to Spectate but I couldn't change camera view, other than bumper-cam of any specific car, so I just sat in the pits watching the dots going round the track for the last 10 laps :o.

EDIT : There's an update due for the Rift on the 20th but it is still not clear whether this will include support for Windows 10. In the meantime, I'm going to take my spare 240GB SSD drive and install Windows 7 back onto there and manually swap the drives over when I want to race.

Stevie_F
17-08-2015, 18:01
What a great race :)

I was driving very consistent and only made one mistake when I spun in the tight lefthander before the long straight.

I couldn't go the speed MikeyTT was going and Stevie was gaining more than a second per lap in the end of the race, but by being very consistent I ended on P6. I came from P14 at the start and was on P10 after the first few laps.
And those Bentleys where just flying by at the straight :D

Sorry to FlyingKman, when I was behind you. I didn't want to lap you in the second corner, I just missed my braking point. Good reaction from you that you could prevent a crash. :hopelessness:

Thanks for the clean racing, and thanks to the organizers. The chating during the race was like I expect it for a league race. Well done everyone.

Yeah I put my foot down towards the end of the race. Presuming I had enough fuel but that was not the case :(. Funnily enough I was shifting early for about 15 laps due to oil and engine so I should of saved fuel there but I think the steering lock in the pit deducted some fuel without me realising. Anyway in the excitement of gaining time I forgot to look at the fuel level, two consecutive races, how bad is my luck? Great race btw

Topsie
17-08-2015, 18:28
So the RUF CTR 3 SMS-R is from pre-order? Therefore can only practice with it if there happens to be someone else doing the same who did pre-order?

Neil Bateman
17-08-2015, 19:25
I had a good race, for some reason after the server crashed I lost my set up and unknown to me until I pitted my pit strategy.

Had to spend some time changing everything again and got out late for qualy and came out in a bunch of cars and simply did not get a lap in, started 22nd or 23rd.

Had a couple of good battles mainly with twiggy, just couldn't get by but was great fun, when I pitted and found I had no strategy i ended up with a full tank of fuel and no tyres so sorry to anyone i may have held up in the last few laps as i was really struggling to keep it off the walls, tried to be as consistant as i could throughout the race and was very pleased with a 7th place finish.

falcon2081
17-08-2015, 19:27
Welp, tried to play today and the power brick on my csr elite wheel is bad. SIGHHHHHH....I seriously can't catch a break sometimes. New power brick ordered from Amazon.:mad:

MikeyTT
17-08-2015, 19:33
Great video mate, not entirely sure why I'm showing as a Bentley when I was in the Mclaren? But that is definitely me.

Odd, BlackDuckRun was the opposite. He shows as the McLaren in the replay, but was actually in the Bentley. Shame on the fuel, I've had too many a race in exactly those circumstances. It's better now I use my app, but still get it wrong from time to time. Last week in the Ginetta G40s I had enough to complete the race, but not the in-lap, so got a DQ. One week later and I would have kept my position :(

You were mighty fast towards the end tho. I had to double check my time, as I thought I had really slowed, you were catching me that quick. Shame I threw it away over the mountain, would have enjoyed making your life difficult for a lap or so ;)

TonyR
17-08-2015, 21:22
My race recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_DPuuJXaA

-------------- Timestamps -----------------
09:13 Start of fastest lap
22:21 Start of the race
26:51 Nice overtake from miagi
30:30 Nice fight with Alex until....
37:10 where he was slow and I crashed into his rear
52:14 Pit stop #1 no tire change!?
1:02:18 Closing in on miagi, however a black Ruf stops me
1:03:10 Leading to Pit Stop #2, this time with tire change
1:35:30 Finish and Results
1:14:51 Battle with Puffpirat to the end
---------------------------------------------------------

blackduckrun
17-08-2015, 22:10
Odd, BlackDuckRun was the opposite. He shows as the McLaren in the replay, but was actually in the Bentley. Shame on the fuel, I've had too many a race in exactly those circumstances. It's better now I use my app, but still get it wrong from time to time. Last week in the Ginetta G40s I had enough to complete the race, but not the in-lap, so got a DQ. One week later and I would have kept my position :(

You were mighty fast towards the end tho. I had to double check my time, as I thought I had really slowed, you were catching me that quick. Shame I threw it away over the mountain, would have enjoyed making your life difficult for a lap or so ;)

I can confirm for certain I was in the Bently. Maybe it had something to do with my getting disconnected at the very end. Not the greatest of races for me after not racing for quite a while. That aside, this is not near my best track so my main objective was just to get through the race without binning it too hard. I was way off the pace of my best practice laps, but was managing to keep it down to a few minor scrapes with the wall. At the first/mandatory pit stop I gave myself the wrong amount of fuel not realizing it is total fuel you end the stop with, not addition. One more pit stop, ok, no biggie, except trying to do the maths coming down the Chase in to the chicane before my next stop was to much and I totally missed my braking and went way off the track, and not really understanding where I was, I got a big surprise as I re-joined the track at a dangerous 30 degrees or so right into the path of the Exco Ruf. My sincere apologies, which I was unable to convey at the time due to my microphone not wanting to work with Teamspeak yet on a new Win 7 build. At my second pit stop I forgot to turn off the pit strategy screen (not really visible with the Rift) and sat for 20 seconds or so waiting for the pit crew to do something. I eventually found myself behind Alex Salmon and managed to get a good run on him down the back straight, but perhaps, not to the notice of Alex who was in the middle of the track. I though he was going one way to give me space when he eased back over and I drove off the track trying to avoid him. No position was gained in the incident. I did get by after that but I was instructed to give the place back due to the previous incident, which I did. But no regrets since I thought it was some pretty good racing between us till I ran out of fuel on the last lap going in to the Chase. After I returned to the pits and sat there for a while I got shown the 'you've been disconnected' pop-up as it showed me a results screen behind it. The most significant thing I have taken away from this race; is that I will never run another TGC race without the ability to communicate my thoughts, even if I am generally inclined to keep them to a minimum.

Paul R

t0daY
17-08-2015, 22:12
My race recording:

Look at your replay from 52:25 to 52:32 :p Look at "Changing Tires". There is a "No". So it wasnt the games fault for not changing the tires, it was actually yours because you did not select it :p
Anyway, as always, I really enjoyed watching your races from your perspective. I was "only" a race marshall in this race and I really enjoyed ur battle with puffpirat for p2 :)

Have a nice vacation :P

Giovtec
17-08-2015, 22:16
My race recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_DPuuJXaA

Well, sorry about that 1:02:18 race incident, it was me, but i lost sight of you right after i have to clear pass that Audi that was chilling in there, so when i kept driving i noticed you too late, and we got glued so i drove you to the wall, but never intended to fight you the position.

*Edit*
Never mind! i thought it was me, but it wasn't. i try to find the reply cuz i have some scares same as that one, but now i can confirm it wasn't me. i was looking the video in my phone so i couldnt see clear name and place, but because it was same car and livery.. :B now i see on my PC it wasn't me.. ^^... UUFF!!

t0daY
17-08-2015, 22:17
So the RUF CTR 3 SMS-R is from pre-order? Therefore can only practice with it if there happens to be someone else doing the same who did pre-order?

Yes Topsie. But remember: You can only choose the car if the car is actually forced in the lobby. This wont be the case on the race. There is only the class forced so if you dont own the car you cannot pick it.

Please consider that in your car selection :) :) See ya on sunday (and of course on wednesday :p)

Keithb23
18-08-2015, 01:45
So I went through my practice routine...

Things went pretty much as planned...

until suddenly...CRASH!

My steering wheel came off! My race was over!

I decided to make the best of things...

and decided to follow my own advice...

Oh well...better luck next time!

TonyR
18-08-2015, 05:54
Look at your replay from 52:25 to 52:32 :p Look at "Changing Tires". There is a "No". So it wasnt the games fault for not changing the tires, it was actually yours because you did not select it :p

I saw that too while watching the recording, however I definitely set my strategy for changing tires and yes I definitely set the right strategy as "active".

I assume the game did use the wrong strategy while I was in the pits, there must be some bug. You can also see that it shows a different strategy in the little window before and after I change the strategy in the strategy window.

Really sad that we still can't count on the strategy feature, I just don't have the time to double check everything during a race. Also it would be nice to change the pit settings on track and not during the pit stop. I lost at least 10 sec during my second one because I had to adjust my tire pressures and that takes ages...

Puffpirat
18-08-2015, 07:10
My race recording:

----------------------------------------------
What a nice overtake at 1:32:40 through traffic. You deserved it with all the trouble you had.

SillySausage
18-08-2015, 10:22
Just a question about Sunday's race, I noticed during Bathurst that in-game real assists still allowed stability control with the Z4, but the TGC real assists said that stability control was not allowed. In short, what assists are permitted during Sunday's RUF CTR 3 SMS-R/Pagani Zonda R race?

Pamellaaa
18-08-2015, 10:31
Just a question about Sunday's race, I noticed during Bathurst that in-game real assists still allowed stability control with the Z4, but the TGC real assists said that stability control was not allowed. In short, what assists are permitted during Sunday's RUF CTR 3 SMS-R/Pagani Zonda R race?

Nice Photo!

The Z4 was not allowed SC as we were running to current GT3 regulations which have since banned SC from running - to the best of my knowledge Sundays upcoming race will be run allowing whatever the game allows as "real" assists.

SillySausage
18-08-2015, 10:42
Sweet, that's the answer I was after. I'm a bit far from quality racing series like GT3 over here so hard to keep up to date with the rules.

P.S. Thought I'd start including a pic from my testing or the race from now on if I post on the forums just to spice things up a bit. :p

t0daY
18-08-2015, 12:40
I saw that too while watching the recording, however I definitely set my strategy for changing tires and yes I definitely set the right strategy as "active".

I assume the game did use the wrong strategy while I was in the pits, there must be some bug. You can also see that it shows a different strategy in the little window before and after I change the strategy in the strategy window.

Really sad that we still can't count on the strategy feature, I just don't have the time to double check everything during a race. Also it would be nice to change the pit settings on track and not during the pit stop. I lost at least 10 sec during my second one because I had to adjust my tire pressures and that takes ages...

Your active strategy in the race was "default" as you can see. When did you set your pit strategy? Maybe in the first Qualy session which crashed after several minutes? If you enter a new session your pitstrategy will reset to default if you are not aware of :p I am just trying to find maybe the mistake :) Dont want sound like you are to "stupid" for it, I hope you know what I mean :)

I will do some testing later this day with some pitstops. I let you all know if I know more :)

Blackvault
18-08-2015, 14:03
Still no internet at home :( Sorry guys.

Pete

Laurens Van Rossem
18-08-2015, 14:16
I got internet again after 4 days with a broken modem. I had a look at the new patch and it's spectator mode.
I know I'm no longer allowed to race, but I'd like to have a go at live broadcasting and commenting on a race, is that allowed?

falcon2081
18-08-2015, 15:03
I got internet again after 4 days with a broken modem. I had a look at the new patch and it's spectator mode.
I know I'm no longer allowed to race, but I'd like to have a go at live broadcasting and commenting on a race, is that allowed?

I don't think you aren't allowed to Race. Just reprimanded by Ziggy and bumped down. I could be wrong though. I don't mind you commenting but that's up to the Admin.

NemethR
18-08-2015, 15:15

??? Seems I missed some serious things here. :(

Gopher04
18-08-2015, 15:29
Still no internet at home :( Sorry guys.

Pete

Still one step at a time Pete, atleast you have learnt how to spell your name..;)

Blackvault
18-08-2015, 15:32
Still one step at a time Pete, atleast you have learnt how to spell your name..;)

Yeah I finally have managed that... next step is during to tie my own shoe laces...

Pete

Nick Claydon
18-08-2015, 15:40
Yeah I finally have managed that... next step is LEARNING to tie my own shoe laces...

Pete

Fixed that for you Pwete.

Blackvault
18-08-2015, 15:41
Fixed that for you Pwete.

Facepalm!!!!!! I'm a dick at times!!!

Nick Claydon
18-08-2015, 15:42
Facepalm!!!!!! I'm a dick at times!!!

True ! but we still luv ya mate ;)

ZiggyUK
18-08-2015, 16:08

Paul R

Not a problem Paul you are what we like to refer to as old school OFG :cool:

You can always join the ranks of NCC if you wish though to do some official training :)

Just hop into TS and we get you sorted Paul

Paul should already be shown as pCARS & TGC-GUEST icons.

ZiggyUK
18-08-2015, 16:16

Laurens, you may participate in our races although I do not wish to see any outbursts in the thread like you previously have done.

You membership to "The Gentlemen's Club" has been revoked as your attitude was unbefitting. If you decide to continue along that avenue than I will have no option but to ban you from all future races. If on the other hand you wish to renew your membership then I would expect you to run through the NCC»PNC»TGC promotion system to appreciate the meaning behind this club.

If you wish to refrain from driving with us but prefer to broadcast as we have previously spoken about, then this can be arranged as long as it does not interfere with the number of available grid slots/drivers.

ZiggyUK
18-08-2015, 16:19
I have seen some excellent screenshots in the last few pages guys, amazing work. We are always after guys that can create posters and graphics for us.

t0daY
18-08-2015, 17:41
Hey guys,

we are doing this evening in about half a hour a little test session to look into some bug things for and with Elmo :) Especially the Dip & Flip bug. For further informations come to the teamspeak, everybody is welcome :)

And btw it will be a 60minute gt3 fun race on silverstone ;) Who is saying "no" to such a race? :p

*edit* something I have forgot. You need be able to record the whole race and stay all the time in the telemetry hud :)

Neil Bateman
18-08-2015, 17:50
I want to join but will be 35-45 mins.

javoresku
18-08-2015, 17:55
I wanted to join, but i have a big problem.
After downloading patch 3.0 I managed to run the game only once. There was some steam client update, which required a restart of the steam client service. Since then Project cars crashes every time I try to run it. i rebooted my PC a couple of times.

Here is the signature, hopefully it helps:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pCARS64.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 55c4d74c
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f196
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17031
Fault Module Timestamp: 530895af
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_66_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009B13A
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1026
Additional Information 1: f196
Additional Information 2: f19617ea2b8523fedaf8b39a5d438750
Additional Information 3: 42da
Additional Information 4: 42da395516c62883c65adef5d0d924e2

My PC specs: i7 3820, 24GB RAM, ASUS 970GTX, Win 8.1

MelBonkers
18-08-2015, 18:10
I wanted to join, but i have a big problem.
After downloading patch 3.0 I managed to run the game only once. There was some steam client update, which required a restart of the steam client service. Since then Project cars crashes every time I try to run it. i rebooted my PC a couple of times.

Here is the signature, hopefully it helps:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pCARS64.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 55c4d74c
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f196
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17031
Fault Module Timestamp: 530895af
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_66_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009B13A
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1026
Additional Information 1: f196
Additional Information 2: f19617ea2b8523fedaf8b39a5d438750
Additional Information 3: 42da
Additional Information 4: 42da395516c62883c65adef5d0d924e2

My PC specs: i7 3820, 24GB RAM, ASUS 970GTX, Win 7.

In Steam you can verify your local files. If files are "broken" they get fixed automagically by Steam. Try that first.

Pamellaaa
18-08-2015, 18:36
In Steam you can verify your local files. If files are "broken" they get fixed automagically by Steam. Try that first.

Indeed, I have had this lots of times with track files getting corrupted. Right click the game in your Steam Library, Click Properties at the bottom, then Local Filed (3rd Tab) and then "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" at the bottom, this will check all files and fix any that are incorrect. If this doesn't work there is probably a file somewhere in your Project Cars Installation folder causing an issue but I wouldn't be much help as to which ones.

javoresku
18-08-2015, 18:42
All files successfully validated.
Any other ideas?
I can run other games I have trough Steam, I can run iRacing, only Project CARS refuses to run.
And I cant find any problems with my Windows install, and I do this for a living.
EDIT: I opened a thread in the technical help and support forum.

Timmynator
18-08-2015, 21:20
Have you tried reinstalling pCARS completely, e.g uninstall and let it download the entire thing again?

pcars rookie
18-08-2015, 21:41
For a very last resort maybe a system restore point before update?

Puffpirat
18-08-2015, 21:47
Well we didn't catch our good old friend d&p but falcon and I had an awesome finish:

http://youtu.be/bAdMnc3-HtY

falcon2081
19-08-2015, 01:04
Well we didn't catch our good old friend d&p but falcon and I had an awesome finish:

http://youtu.be/bAdMnc3-HtY

I'm so mad I didn't save the replay. We had a fantastic battle all race!

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 03:35
A bit late.

I got my small music video of the Bathurst 1,2 hrs Main Race highlights, although quality its not good, its kind of bad, but, i did it with just what i have for now. (freaking 30 FPS you got to be kidding!!:mad:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9eu3R0vc8

Any tips for Dxtory full screen recording free trial?

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 09:24
Any tips for Dxtory full screen recording free trial?

Not 100% sure what you mean, but I would take a look at the free Open Broadcast Software (OBS). It allows a ton of recording features, overlays, etc. including twitch streaming.

I use it for my twitch streaming and for recording the replays. It's pretty good IMHO.