PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-GEN] The Gentlemen's Club Non League Race Area

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 12:13
Not 100% sure what you mean, but I would take a look at the free Open Broadcast Software (OBS). It allows a ton of recording features, overlays, etc. including twitch streaming.

I use it for my twitch streaming and for recording the replays. It's pretty good IMHO.

I do have it, but if i play in full screen i got only black screen and sound, i don't get video, but is a bit weird cuz in my video thumbnail i can see image but when i play video, i got nothing.

I dont have extra screen, can that be the reason? Or maybe i got wrong set up.

t0daY
19-08-2015, 12:14
A bit late.

I got my small music video of the Bathurst 1,2 hrs Main Race highlights, although quality its not good, its kind of bad, but, i did it with just what i have for now. (freaking 30 FPS you got to be kidding!!:mad:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9eu3R0vc8

Any tips for Dxtory full screen recording free trial?

Getting goosebumps looking at the start of you guys at 0:10. This is looking so epic!! I am so glad we have races like that with 30+ people :) :)

@3:25 Awesome manover from the lapping guys and nice reactions from the lapped cars :p :)

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 12:25
I do have it, but if i play in full screen i got only black screen and sound, i don't get video, but is a bit weird cuz in my video thumbnail i can see image but when i play video, i got nothing.

Try playing the output file with a different peice of software, I have the exact issue you describe using Win10s built in Films&TV app but it works perfectly in Windows Media Player. I also have a similar problem but not identical problem with the Windows Store version of VLC, desktop is probably ok but I haven't tried this. Media Player is your friend at least until you have altered the file in some way (I use handbrake to shrink filed and alter formats if I am not wanting to do a proper edit in Adobe Premiere, handbrake is both free and excellent!)

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 12:27
Getting goosebumps looking at the start of you guys at 0:10. This is looking so epic!! I am so glad we have races like that with 30+ people :) :)

@3:25 Awesome manover from the lapping guys and nice reactions from the lapped cars :p :)

the good thing of starting in the back is that you can see in front of you a bunch of hyenas running for their preys!! xD

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 12:35
Try playing the output file with a different peice of software, I have the exact issue you describe using Win10s built in Films&TV app but it works perfectly in Windows Media Player. I also have a similar problem but not identical problem with the Windows Store version of VLC, desktop is probably ok but I haven't tried this. Media Player is your friend at least until you have altered the file in some way (I use handbrake to shrink filed and alter formats if I am not wanting to do a proper edit in Adobe Premiere, handbrake is both free and excellent!)

my problem is that if is on Windows mode it works well, but if i go full screen then,, i dont get video, i cannot play full resolution and windows mode due to my system inability of run those graphics. :/

i did use Adobe Premiere but my Adobe Encore version won't run,, need to *fix* that (cough).

Neil Bateman
19-08-2015, 12:48
VLC Media player is very good, its my go to media player

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 12:53
my problem is that if is on Windows mode it works well, but if i go full screen then,, i dont get video, i cannot play full resolution and windows mode due to my system inability of run those graphics. :/

i did use Adobe Premiere but my Adobe Encore version won't run,, need to *fix* that (cough).

Ahh sorry I misunderstood the issue, I have that problem with playback but it was a playback software issue, are you recording with dxtory or another peice of software? I have had few issues with dxtory and even I was able to set it up, would be happy to talk you through my setup if it helps.

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 13:05

Are you capturing the game? or the screen. I had issues when I captured the game, and as I run triples, I get a very elongated view. I switched to capturing the middle monitor instead and that solved all my issues. I'm running full screen too.

I'll be firing up the gaming rig later, so I can post up the exact config I use if that will help.

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 13:06
Ahh sorry I misunderstood the issue, I have that problem with playback but it was a playback software issue, are you recording with dxtory or another peice of software? I have had few issues with dxtory and even I was able to set it up, would be happy to talk you through my setup if it helps.

sure, but i just download Dxtory as trial, but cant get it to work, i dont even know what is going on, i cant run pCARS when i use Dxtory, let me know when you gt chance maybe can share some set up.. ;)

Edit: i am using OBS

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 13:10
Are you capturing the game? or the screen. I had issues when I captured the game, and as I run triples, I get a very elongated view. I switched to capturing the middle monitor instead and that solved all my issues. I'm running full screen too.

I'll be firing up the gaming rig later, so I can post up the exact config I use if that will help.

in my sources i set it as game capture, and i select pCARS, but the weird thing is that in window mode i can record with no problem, only full screen is my issue, i want full screen so i can live record gameplay. (due to ghost cars and different cars bug from replay mode)

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 13:17
sure, but i just download Dxtory as trial, but cant get it to work, i dont even know what is going on, i cant run pCARS when i use Dxtory, let me know when you gt chance maybe can share some set up.. ;)

Edit: i am using OBS

With dxtory the only thing I really changed was the target address for the videos to go, the keyboard shortcuts, and the codec (lagarith, as above), I didn't do any fancy config at all really and for the most part the defaults work for me. The ui is a bit rubbish though, I find it needs to be minimised (in the app not just minimise the window) to the system tray before loading a game.

Also note that it doesn't play nice with many overlays so if you have overwolf or similar running disable it before launching dxtory. If you still aren't having much luck give me a shout on TS tonight and I will run through my limited setup knowledge with you!

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 13:24
With dxtory the only thing I really changed was the target address for the videos to go, the keyboard shortcuts, and the codec (lagarith, as above), I didn't do any fancy config at all really and for the most part the defaults work for me. The ui is a bit rubbish though, I find it needs to be minimised (in the app not just minimise the window) to the system tray before loading a game.

Also note that it doesn't play nice with many overlays so if you have overwolf or similar running disable it before launching dxtory. If you still aren't having much luck give me a shout on TS tonight and I will run through my limited setup knowledge with you!

yes, Dxtory looks boring xD i was thinking to grab Action! is really user friendly, but my workstation is not meant for gaming so, for now i need free resources *ish*. :D

well. for overlay i did have overwolf, bu if i activate chat overlay my FPS drops quite badly, from 70 to 30 or worst.. :/

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 13:31
yes, Dxtory looks boring xD i was thinking to grab Action! is really user friendly, but my workstation is not meant for gaming so, for now i need free resources *ish*. :D

well. for overlay i did have overwolf, bu if i activate chat overlay my FPS drops quite badly, from 70 to 30 or worst.. :/

It does look boring and like it was styled in the Windows XP days but it does work well when it works.

That is a huge decrease in performance from activating overwolf, certainly not something that I have experienced myself, it has virtually no impact on my setup. If you continue to have problems try TSnotifier - it requires a bit more configuration work and its not as nice to look at but it does work well and should be very light on resources.

dxtory is certainly one of the lighter recording options in terms of resource too so it should be a good option for you if you can get it to behave properly!

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 13:48
in my sources i set it as game capture, and i select pCARS, but the weird thing is that in window mode i can record with no problem, only full screen is my issue, i want full screen so i can live record gameplay. (due to ghost cars and different cars bug from replay mode)

Ok, so I do capture the game itself, so maybe I had that the wrong way around. Capturing the monitor yielded a blank screen.

The source I have set as so:

In the global properties I have a profile (I think that's what it was called), which sets the middle screen as the capture source. It's 1080p, with a 1920 width offset. Obviously you wouldn't need this offset.

Then in video I have this set:

If I don't have the game running I get a black screen, but as soon as it's running I'm fine. Just be sure you're capturing the right game version, i.e. the 64-bit or 32-bit one. That might be the root cause currently actually

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 14:18
yehhh,, i got similar setting only difference is screen resolution. but still, i got only Audio no video :<

Anyways, i will try checking what is going on.

Thanks for the tips!

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 14:23
yehhh,, i got similar setting only difference is screen resolution. but still, i got only Audio no video :<

Anyways, i will try checking what is going on.

Thanks for the tips!

I notice you are using a Quadro graphics card that wouldn't normally be a gaming component, its possible that support for these sorts of programs is limited because of that? I am by no means an expert but that could potentially be complicating things. Something to have a look at is Overwolf, it has a recording system of its own but it has two modes: one which is CPU dependent and another which uses the GPU, might be worth trying both briefly to see if this could help, particularly as you already have overwolf!

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 14:27
I notice you are using a Quadro graphics card that wouldn't normally be a gaming component, its possible that support for these sorts of programs is limited because of that? I am by no means an expert but that could potentially be complicating things. Something to have a look at is Overwolf, it has a recording system of its own but it has two modes: one which is CPU dependent and another which uses the GPU, might be worth trying both briefly to see if this could help, particularly as you already have overwolf!

yeahh, mine is Quadro, weirdly recording in window mode is fine.

I'll check that overwolf thingy.

falcon2081
19-08-2015, 16:21
Why aren't you using Shadowplay? I use a combination of things to record my races. First I have Voicemeeter Banana which is a virtual audio mixer. It separates all the audio for me. That way when ShadowPlay records it only gets the game + game audio and nothing else. I then use Dxtory to record both my mic and teamspeak. Dxtory is a little finicky with pCars right now. You have to start pCars with Overwolf once u get to the menu alt+tab and then open Dxtory. Will work then.

ZiggyUK
19-08-2015, 17:09
Hi guys , to make it easier to keep up-to-date with the race calendar if you go to the First Post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area)of this thread and select the Calendar button it will direct you to t0daY's post containing the latest race details etc.

215559 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1086435&viewfull=1#post1086435)

Giovtec
19-08-2015, 17:54
Why aren't you using Shadowplay? I use a combination of things to record my races. First I have Voicemeeter Banana which is a virtual audio mixer. It separates all the audio for me. That way when ShadowPlay records it only gets the game + game audio and nothing else. I then use Dxtory to record both my mic and teamspeak. Dxtory is a little finicky with pCars right now. You have to start pCars with Overwolf once u get to the menu alt+tab and then open Dxtory. Will work then.

i was trying but doesn't work with Quadro Cards :/.

need to get info for Dxtory and OBS

ZiggyUK
19-08-2015, 17:56
Posting this again so you can remember it is at the top of page 102 (as well as the first post)

Hi guys , to make it easier to keep up-to-date with the race calendar if you go to the First Post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area)of this thread and select the Calendar button it will direct you to t0daY's post containing the latest race details etc.

215582 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29178-TGC-GEN-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-Non-League-Race-Area&p=1086435&viewfull=1#post1086435)

Stevie_F
19-08-2015, 23:41
A few from testing tonight :)

Who needs wheels when you can fly?215616

Also spotted this whilst looking around the cockpit which is kind of cool215617

falcon2081
20-08-2015, 03:41
Here are my pictures from the FB Test Sprint Race we had. I'm uploading the video right now so it will be up some time in the next hour. Great racing from the lead pack. I've never been in such close proximity to some of you. I'm talking 3 wide here! Onto the pics:cool:. I had the Lime Green and Blue Formula B.

First corner madness. Oddly enough everyone pretty much made it through.

Battle already commencing.

Pretty tight! No space is giving.

Three Wide! Recurring theme that will be shown next few laps before I ended up taking off and winning with a 4s gap. Great race to all.

Giovtec
20-08-2015, 06:38
Well then.

Next up!

falcon2081
20-08-2015, 14:31
Race is up! Enjoy fellas.:cool: The TGC sure does have billboards at every track it seems.;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNjcbjJrGJE

cluck
20-08-2015, 14:46
The sprint race was good fun. I must admit, I went for a 'pit stop' when the rules for the pre-race test were being read out, so I arrived on the grid slightly bemused as to what was happening :o.

Tricky
20-08-2015, 14:51
Race is up! Enjoy fellas.:cool: The TGC sure does have billboards at every track it seems.;)

Interesting my car is there in the replay, think I dropped before the Save screen. I'm the red/grey car in the three way lead battle, 3 mins onwards...

falcon2081
20-08-2015, 15:11
Interesting my car is there in the replay, think I dropped before the Save screen. I'm the red/grey car in the three way lead battle, 3 mins onwards...

t0day mentioned they supposedly fixed that. Replays are still weird though. It saved that test sprint correctly without losing any cars, changing cars or liveries but my MCE replay from yesterday was messed up.

MikeyTT
20-08-2015, 15:17
I've had streaming enabled on YouTube now, so I'm going to try out the scheduled event streaming on Sunday.

For those of you interested, if you can't join, I've put up an event page in preparation for the event.

You can go here (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEGHoIDaA6Pg76rm09mtJA) to set up a reminder for the event. Not sure how this will work, but we'll give it a try. If it works I'll do the same for next Weds event too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWdxFLfKAE

Blackvault
20-08-2015, 18:54
Finally got internet :)

I'm back!

Pete

Gopher04
21-08-2015, 07:07

I'm back!

Pete

Oh god the pain..the pain.:dejection:

Martin G Webb
21-08-2015, 11:22

I'm back!

Pete

Good, there is much to catch up on and I need your help.

x ImJakeyy
21-08-2015, 13:45

I'm back!

Pete

Come again, who are you? ;)

MikeyTT
21-08-2015, 14:06
Has anyone done any testing for Sun yet?

I did a little yesterday, but my weekend is about to be decimated with family and friends visiting, which is obviously good, but not for my Monza race ;)

I'm fairly happy with a set-up I've got so far, it's stable-ish and I'm running in the mid 1:39s with about 50% fuel. If that's not too wildly off the pace then I'll leave it at that, otherwise I'll have to find a way to get another hour in to try and drop that a little further (maybe tonight if I'm not needed for babysitting duties). Obviously the leaderboard being reset hasn't helped as there are only half a dozen or so entries so far, and I can't believe they are that competitive, if I'm in the 39's with a few tweaks.

Without too much sandbagging, what are you guys running?

Cheers...

Gopher04
21-08-2015, 15:15

Yep it's still there..:D

MikeyTT
21-08-2015, 15:37
Yep it's still there..:D

*deep sigh* :dejection:

Guess I walked into that ;)

falcon2081
21-08-2015, 16:09

I did a little yesterday, but my weekend is about to be decimated with family and friends visiting, which is obviously good, but not for my Monza race ;)

I'm fairly happy with a set-up I've got so far, it's stable-ish and I'm running in the mid 1:39s with about 50% fuel. If that's not too wildly off the pace then I'll leave it at that, otherwise I'll have to find a way to get another hour in to try and drop that a little further (maybe tonight if I'm not needed for babysitting duties). Obviously the leaderboard being reset hasn't helped as there are only half a dozen or so entries so far, and I can't believe they are that competitive, if I'm in the 39's with a few tweaks.

Cheers...

Your running fine. Honestly after trying both cars they both suck and provide a challenge. I don't think I have ever been annoyed as much with a car as with these two. Heck Alex Salmon was complaining all day yesterday about them lol. Your fine with that pace.

PzR Slim
21-08-2015, 16:50
Hopefully will be joining on Sunday for my first race but have a quick question. I have aids set to 'real' in the settings. Are those the same settings that are used in comps? Don't want to do any practice if I'm practising with the wrong settings.

t0daY
21-08-2015, 16:54
Hopefully will be joining on Sunday for my first race but have a quick question I have aids set to 'real' in the settings. Are those the same settings that are used in comps? Don't want to do any practice if I'm practising with the wrong settings.

Usually we are using "real" settings. In this case you have all 3 driving aids for both cars available as far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong :D)

Seeya on sunday :)

falcon2081
21-08-2015, 17:48
Hopefully will be joining on Sunday for my first race but have a quick question. I have aids set to 'real' in the settings. Are those the same settings that are used in comps? Don't want to do any practice if I'm practising with the wrong settings.

Both cars can use all the aid settings. BTW if you have doubts on what each car can run with aids check this sheet out.

Edit: URL removed for discretion purposes

Timmynator
21-08-2015, 20:17
I'm fairly happy with a set-up I've got so far, it's stable-ish and I'm running in the mid 1:39s with about 50% fuel.

I'm in the mid 40s with what I'd currently call an extreme qualifying setup. So I think you're doing quite well ;)

PzR Slim
21-08-2015, 22:07
Just ran 20 laps in RUF. Can't tune so car was stock apart from a little drop in tyre pressure all round. With around 50 l of fuel on board my best was a 1:38.6xx. First time I've driven the car and quite like it, very driveable as long as you keep away from kerbs, modulate the throttle on corner exit and get your braking done early.

Any tuning tips would be very much appreciated :D

falcon2081
21-08-2015, 22:21
Just ran 20 laps in RUF. Can't tune so car was stock apart from a little drop in tyre pressure all round. With around 50 l of fuel on board my best was a 1:38.6xx. First time I've driven the car and quite like it, very driveable as long as you keep away from kerbs, modulate the throttle on corner exit and get your braking done early.

Any tuning tips would be very much appreciated :D

Very Nice. Do a TT run so it gets uploaded. Very much appreciated.:cool: TT standings as of now for the Ruf.

PzR Slim
21-08-2015, 23:00
Very Nice. Do a TT run so it gets uploaded. Very much appreciated.:cool: TT standings as of now for the Ruf.

Funny you should say that. I did a TT run but could only manage a 39.2. The different time of day put different shadows on the track and it was, unbelievably, messing with my braking points! I will try again tomorrow and see if I can manage to beat you!

Giovtec
21-08-2015, 23:35
Funny you should say that. I did a TT run but could only manage a 39.2. The different time of day put different shadows on the track and it was, unbelievably, messing with my braking points! I will try again tomorrow and see if I can manage to beat you!

Agreed! the shadows in some parts just mess with my BP too, i could manage some 39' mids but not in TT.

falcon2081
21-08-2015, 23:37

Oh I believe you. The braking points is the hardest thing to get right. I have gotten super frustrated because of it especially the shadows. Btw add me on steam (same name as here) and let me know what time you get on. We can practice together.

SillySausage
22-08-2015, 06:17
Sorry, won't be able to make Sunday's RUF/Pagani race gents, already booked the weekend out for my other passion, Counter-Strike ESL One viewing. :P

***Picture taken during practice for last Wednesday's MCE race.***

Papa H
22-08-2015, 09:29
I'm in the mid 40s with what I'd currently call an extreme qualifying setup. So I think you're doing quite well ;)

Hi Timmynator

done a 1:39.8 with 60lts fuel feels comfortable , which i think with this car is what most are after. added front end downforce, as car tends to wander around

Roger

AlexOki
22-08-2015, 09:41
Sorry I have to miss this one out as well due to family commitment (RUF/Pagani one)

Nevil Wigbels
22-08-2015, 09:44
I decided to build myself a new gaming PC which took me a while longer than anticipated. Doesn't it Always? First I had to reorder a CPU fan, because the first was slightly too big to fit. A couple of days later after I finally finished building, the PC wouldn't boot :confused: I managed to stay calm and found out that refitting the DDR4 sticks solved the problem. So now it booted into the Bios, where everything was fine except the SM951 M.2 SSD didn't show up. Luckily my friend Google came to the rescue as many conquered this problem before me, so finally I have a up to date gaming PC with a clean install of everything :D

Mirko Tartarotti
22-08-2015, 10:09
Guys I've not in my car list the RUF CTR3 SMS-R, so I'll race with Pagani. Has someone of you the same problem? I've all DLC and I had the game since pre-Alpha!

Puffpirat
22-08-2015, 10:16
Guys I've not in my car list the RUF CTR3 SMS-R, so I'll race with Pagani. Has someone of you the same problem? I've all DLC and I had the game since pre-Alpha!
Have you preordered the game? If not give Vittorio Rapa a shout, every WMD member should have all the free DLC :)

I decided to build myself a new gaming PC which took me a while longer than anticipated. Doesn't it Always? First I had to reorder a CPU fan, because the first was slightly too big to fit. A couple of days later after I finally finished building, the PC wouldn't boot :confused: I managed to stay calm and found out that refitting the DDR4 sticks solved the problem. So now it booted into the Bios, where everything was fine except the SM951 M.2 SSD didn't show up. Luckily my friend Google came to the rescue as many conquered this problem before me, so finally I have a up to date gaming PC with a clean install of everything :D

That's a nice build Nevil, hope to see you on track soon! How is the SM951? I'm building a very similar rig but am probably keeping my Samsung SSDs at first and maybe copy my system drive to an M.2 SSD later. My wife already has a list of components to order for me while I'm on my business trip ;)

Topsie
22-08-2015, 10:33
For those interested, I've just noticed the Modified Car Pack is on Steam. This contans the Ruf CTR3 SMS-R, Ariel Atom 3 Mugen and Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster. £1.99:)

Nevil Wigbels
22-08-2015, 10:54
That's a nice build Nevil, hope to see you on track soon! How is the SM951? I'm building a very similar rig but am probably keeping my Samsung SSDs at first and maybe copy my system drive to an M.2 SSD later. My wife already has a list of components to order for me while I'm on my business trip ;)

Thanks! So far I'm very happy with it, other that it cost me an arm and a leg :P The SM951 is much faster in theory. I don't really notice it yet, other than with HDD benchmarking software, but it fits the build nicely and I think (hope) the extra cost of the SM951 will be worth it in the long run. It was a bit awkward to setup, because the firmware wasn't recognised in the UEFI bios at first, but an UEFI Windows installation from an USB stick took care of that.

Puffpirat
22-08-2015, 17:08
I made my first tests today with both cars. Again the nicer car (to drive) is the slower one with the Pagani being about 1s down per lap. Tire and brake wear on both cars was about 1%/lap for me. The Pagani uses 4.6 liters per lap while the RUF uses 5.6 and has a smaller tank. There is our balance of performance :) Both cars won't make it with one tank of fuel with the RUF able to do 16 laps while the Pagani can run for 5 more. Will be interesting!

t0daY
22-08-2015, 17:25
I made my first tests today with both cars. Again the nicer car (to drive) is the slower one with the Pagani being about 1s down per lap. Tire and brake wear on both cars was about 1%/lap for me. The Pagani uses 4.6 liters per lap while the RUF uses 5.6 and has a smaller tank. There is our balance of performance :) Both cars won't make it with one tank of fuel with the RUF able to do 16 laps while the Pagani can run for 5 more. Will be interesting!

Dont say that :D I did some tests and lowered the fuelusage from the Pagani to 4,2L/lap. Maybe with some saving techniques you can go for a no-stop strategy :P

Will be very interesting and also with 2 races you can try different strategies at each one :)

Neil Bateman
22-08-2015, 17:28
Got my pc back today so hope to find some time to practice, never really driven either of these cars since the earlier builds before release.

Looking forward to it.

Puffpirat
22-08-2015, 17:52
Dont say that :D I did some tests and lowered the fuelusage from the Pagani to 4,2L/lap. Maybe with some saving techniques you can go for a no-stop strategy :P

Will be very interesting and also with 2 races you can try different strategies at each one :)
Yeah I'm always more on the high side of fuel and tire wear ;) will be interesting if someone can make it but you would need to get it down to nearly 4 l/lap depending how much you can save during the warm up lap.

Btw I'll also take the Pagani, it's just the nicer driver and more consistent :)

Neil Bateman
22-08-2015, 22:42
Think the Pagani for me too, not much in it but i'm in the 1.38's with it and just feels a little more stable for me.

PzR Slim
22-08-2015, 23:07
Apologies @falcon2081 I didn't make it on until a couple of hours after I said. I did a few long runs and managed to do a 38.6 in the TT. Although @Puffpirat has blown us all away by making it into the 37's :p

falcon2081
22-08-2015, 23:58
Apologies @falcon2081 I didn't make it on until a couple of hours after I said. I did a few long runs and managed to do a 38.6 in the TT. Although @Puffpirat has blown us all away by making it into the 37's :p

I made it into the 37's as well ;)

MelBonkers
23-08-2015, 14:05
Sjeez guys! I did a couple tt runs with the Pagani and ran a 1m40s099. That means I'm at least 2 secs slower than the front runners. Hope I can have a battle in the middle of the pack.......

cluck
23-08-2015, 15:39
I'm in the low 1m40s times in the Zonda aswell Mel so you're in good company :D. As much as the RUF is fun, I will tear my hair out trying to race it, so I'm going with the Zonda tonight :).

Giovtec
23-08-2015, 16:20
Well, seeing that everyone can be racing at 1:40's then i guess it would be easy for me to get the pole position,,,,,,, but for the 2nd race xD (reverse grid)

I manage new best time, but empty track. so it will be hard to get that time at least for today qualy session.

Mirko Tartarotti
23-08-2015, 16:30
Sjeez guys! I did a couple tt runs with the Pagani and ran a 1m40s099. That means I'm at least 2 secs slower than the front runners. Hope I can have a battle in the middle of the pack.......

Waaa Waaa! No worry about that Mo.. You're not alone!

Puffpirat
23-08-2015, 17:08
Don't worry guys that's only TT madness ;) and while the RUF is a bit faster it's harder to maintain that pace throughout the race. Plus it needs more fuel for the race :)

MelBonkers
23-08-2015, 17:35
So my modem just died ��. Shortcut and it died. No pcars for me this evening and hopefully I can get a spare one quickly from my isp. Have fun all!

Edit: looks like the powersupply died. New power supply is on it's way. Expect to receive it this Tuesday.

falcon2081
23-08-2015, 17:54
Don't worry guys that's only TT madness ;) and while the RUF is a bit faster it's harder to maintain that pace throughout the race. Plus it needs more fuel for the race :)

Except that's not an issue for guys like us. Common now, you know better ;).....LOL

I'll be in the Ruf but don't expect me to be any sort of competitive tonight. I just finished a grueling Spa race with some very fast folks and I am mentally drained. But I'll be there to have fun!

MikeyTT
23-08-2015, 18:20
Just a quick reminder for those who can't take part tonight.

I'm streaming, but via YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWdxFLfKAE

Mirko Tartarotti
23-08-2015, 21:13
Very good and fair race, lads. I've retired from the 1str race caused by some huuuuuge lag and I didn't want to destroy lads' race.

Hopefully the 2nd race ping was better and I had a lot of fun with DrKabel and Mikey.. Amazing the way we tried to fight without hitting each other. This is the nectar of this group. Thanks a lot!

Note: regarding the track cutting... I've seen Zsolt cutting the truck a pair of scissors. is it allowed? :friendly_wink:

cluck
23-08-2015, 21:13
Had a cracking first race until the mass disconnects :(. The battle with Stevie_F was fantastic - lap after lap after lap after lap, only ended by him pitting. I was actually leading for 3 laps, then pitted on lap 20. Came out, started chasing down Stevie_F but within a quarter of a lap, he got disconnected then I followed suit very shortly afterwards. Was a real shame, I would have loved to have duked it out for the last 3 or 4 laps.

2nd race, I'm sure I jumped the start but I served my penalty by immediately missing my braking point and letting everybody go past. In trying to catch I got overzealous and put it into a wall and from there, well, my race was effectively over. Managed to crawl my way back up to 14th I think. The Zonda felt absolutely wonderful until the fog fell and then it became a bit slidey, but still a lot of fun - I just dropped the wings to 1F/2R, closed the radiator to 80, brakes to 65 and put the brake bias 2 notches to the front, otherwise the setup was standard.

falcon2081
23-08-2015, 21:31
First race - Had a great battle with Puff until he had to pit. Was in the top 3 until everyone started to disconnect. Finished 2nd behind Puff.

Second race - Unfortunately I started way back in the field. First chicane i moved up a lot of places until the long right hander and went 3 wide with myself, stinger, and someone else. I ended up losing that since I was on the outside and stinger's car pushed me into the grass effectively going into last place after rejoining track. I worked myself back up to 7th place which isn't bad and this was after having some contact with Nemeth in which I incurred 20% Aero Dmg. Overall, some good battles from making my way back up the field. It was just a shame because I had the race pace to fight for top 3.

Neil Bateman
23-08-2015, 22:04
Great fun tonight except being disconnected with many others in race 1 while 3rd or 4th, enjoyed second race finishing P2 with lots of great driving by all.

Two apologies for T1 incidents, first to i think to falcon, the second one i had to swerve off track to the right to avoid the 3 cars in front of me and thankfully missed everyone.

For some reason my peddles were not gripping on the carpet and they kept moving away from me everytime i braked hard, the spikes were on the carpet but would not grip into it, i had to keep pulling them back with both feet.

Keithb23
23-08-2015, 22:45
Great fun today guys. I only took part in the second race, it was very clean and I had some fun duking it out at the bottom of the grid. Cheers to the organizers and the stewards!

Puffpirat
23-08-2015, 22:51
That was great fun tonight! Shame about the mass disconnect in the first race but the second one made up for it! The first race was tricky. Will had a great pace and overtook me very soon so I tried to follow but lost the slip stream after a few laps. Then falcon and sorry I think Neil closed the gap and we had a great battle for P2. But that made us lose contact to Will so I decided to pit early and get some good laps in clean air. I knew it was the only chance to beat Will and the RUF gang :) That worked out great as I was first after everyone pitted. What did Hannibal say in A-Team, I love it when a plan works out ;) It would have been a close one with Will in the last laps but then the disconnect happend.

Second race I started in P17 but got lucky through the first lap with some close calls and was already 7th going into the second lap. I made my way up to P2 but then came Twiggy ;) great defending, it was impossible to overtake you so I used the same strategy from race 1 and pitted early for the few liters I needed extra. This time Will and Zsolt helped me because they didn't take enough fuel during their stops.

Again thanks everyone and impressive racing on such a difficult track!

Giovtec
23-08-2015, 23:30
First race: the starting was good, then first lap right at the entrance of Ascari somebody i can't recall who, pushed me out and sending me to the gravel trap, luckily that stop me cuz if there were no gravel i was going to be instant killed.. then rejoin track and keep going, although at the back seemed like something happened because there were a big gap, so i rejoin with no problem. I was one of the 13 survivors of the race so i finished 8 ish.. ^^

Second race just before joining the 5 mints practice session i got disconnected then i try to restart project cars, but my laptop decided to freeze and let me out of the race. :/ when i tried again, it didn't let me join the race in progress, probably cuz too little time before race start :<.

Overall i will give 5 starts to this race, it wasn't something easy and the combination to choose Power vs Stability was something interesting. Thanks whoever choose this combination!

Cheers guys and congrats to the winners!!

NemethR
24-08-2015, 08:55
I can only say, I had a lot of fun yesterday.

I tend to forget, how fun Monza actually is, I am like, yeah, Monza is straight-straight-shicane-repeat, but yesterdays race was a lot of fun.
I will not be attending the MCE Race this week, maybe will miss the Sundays race too - unfortunately.

I wish to say a BIG thank you to the organisers, as they have again found a great combination, and thanks to all, who raced with us.

Keep it up guys!

Tricky
24-08-2015, 11:54
Video from first race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4VipeHcuEI

Not driven these cars before but had done some practice. Was an interesting experience, and I was mostly okay until the latter part of the race when the rear was too loose to handle.

NB. After being top 5 in practice I was only 14th in qually due to being thrown off the road in two runs by bumpercarrots lagging/warping. I wouldn't have minded except that he never responded to mine (and others) concerns with his serious lag. I don't know if there was a comms or language issue there?

5:21 TwistedNav collects DrKabel, I suspect this is the old "front of your car may be longer than it appears" issue as they are so close.
5:57 Crash ahead
6:37 Alex_Salmon goes in a bit hot to T1 and takes avoiding action
7:29 Pass Stevie
8:18 Slightly panic I'm going to collect Cluck in T1 and get nudged in the back
8:45 Pass Cluck into chicane for P8
13:45 Jakey kindly lets me pass as he's a lap down
14:13 Catch Twiggy but fluff the corner, but he then later overshoots T1
21:30 Pit - annoying forget to repair damage which I think affects my later performance
29:10 Really struggling with the rear at this point and spin in the chicane
32:54 Again rear very loose and spin, getting frustrated now :)
34:17 Catch kman and madmuffin and have a tense approach to T1
43:28 Spin again, dam rear tyres
Not much else happened, other than people dropping. Finished 5th out of those that remained.

Timmynator
24-08-2015, 13:09
Good fun last night, the Ruf was a lot more involving than I initially thought. Especially the "drafting-oh-crap-going-too-fast-please-dont-hit-the-other-guy" moments...

I got a bit lucky with guys dropping out of the first race or spinning out, but had some nice close racing with several people. Threading the needle between two Zondas into turn 1 is... intense. Also a great catch-up battle with Photonenbert in the second race, although I totally blame my pit crew for their sluggish performance and thus not being able to undercut him in the first place.

Also sorry for discussing my perception of the incident I got called for and possibly distracting others from their racing. In retrospect I don't really know why I felt the need to share my POV...

Giovtec
24-08-2015, 13:43
Video from first race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4VipeHcuEI

Not driven these cars before but had done some practice. Was an interesting experience, and I was mostly okay until the latter part of the race when the rear was too loose to handle.

NB. After being top 5 in practice I was only 14th in qually due to being thrown off the road in two runs by bumpercarrots lagging/warping. I wouldn't have minded except that he never responded to mine (and others) concerns with his serious lag. I don't know if there was a comms or language issue there?

5:21 TwistedNav collects DrKabel, I suspect this is the old "front of your car may be longer than it appears" issue as they are so close.
5:57 Crash ahead
6:37 Alex_Salmon goes in a bit hot to T1 and takes avoiding action
7:29 Pass Stevie
8:18 Slightly panic I'm going to collect Cluck in T1 and get nudged in the back
8:45 Pass Cluck into chicane for P8
13:45 Jakey kindly lets me pass as he's a lap down
14:13 Catch Twiggy but fluff the corner, but he then later overshoots T1
21:30 Pit - annoying forget to repair damage which I think affects my later performance
29:10 Really struggling with the rear at this point and spin in the chicane
32:54 Again rear very loose and spin, getting frustrated now :)
34:17 Catch kman and madmuffin and have a tense approach to T1
43:28 Spin again, dam rear tyres
Not much else happened, other than people dropping. Finished 5th out of those that remained.

5:57 you can see on the rear mirror how did i go flying out of track cuz of car behind me was coming like a rocket!! :onthego:

Also, thanks to race marshal *Sp1kegrw* he did a really good job for this race! :eagerness:

t0daY
24-08-2015, 15:04

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Laguna Seca, America with the Audi IMSA 90 GTO and the Ford Mustang Cobra Trans Am.

Date: 30th August 2015

Practice Start: 18:30 UTC
Qualifying Start: 18:45 UTC
Race Start: 19:00 UTC (1+59 Laps)

Ingame Time: 14:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather Forecast: High probability of rain during practice/qualifying and high potential of dry racing
Weather progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Indicator: Real
Fuel Usage Indicator: Real

Gentlemen Agreement: Everyone who wants to take the IMSA should lower his wastegate pressure to "2.0" for balance purposes.
Otherwise it won’t be a fair battle between both cars.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after turn 9 (Rainey Curve).

Finally we got two cars in the Trans Am class. Which one will be victorious?

Greetings,

Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

MikeyTT
24-08-2015, 15:13
My race #1 is up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzellRfmXGQ

Quite an interesting event, few mistakes and a pretty tricky car/track to keep really consistent.

Highlights:
00:30 - Lost position into T1 being too cautious
02:05 - Whoooa nelly. Nearly overshoot T1 into falcon
03:10 - Turbulent air then!?
07:10 - P2 makes a hash of T1 and it's now a 4 way battle for P2
08:40 - Cocked up and caused mayhem in T1 (30% aero damage)
09:40 - Zolt want's a piece of the action and slipstreams me into 5th
13:40 - Early pit to fix the aero damage
14:20 - Exit pits and chase down Nemeth
20:45 - Zsolt cuts back from a wide entry to the last corner and we touch slightly
22:10 - Start lining Nemeth up for a pass. Force him into an error through the last corner and I nicely undercut him
27:35 - Awesome pass on NatorNator - well he was pitted, but it still counts ;)
Back up to 4th now, but Zsolt just won't let it lie and is hounding me
30:50 - Realise with the early stop that my fuel isn't right, so I have to pit again
34:20 - Stevie starts to slowly reel me in over the next few laps
39:10 - Stevie struggles with the slipstream and rear ends me. Kindly waits, like a gent and we race on
40:08 - Stevie is persistent and onto the last lap is really piling the pressure on
41:10 - I get the penultimate corner all wrong and the drag to the last corner is close
41:25 - In trying to brake really late into the last corner, I go a little too deep, and the finish is pretty close to needing a photo!

This coming Sunday looks good, but unfortunately I'm away for the weekend :(

x ImJakeyy
24-08-2015, 16:30

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Laguna Seca, America with the Audi IMSA 90 GTO and the Ford Mustang Cobra Trans Am.

Weather Forecast: High probability of rain during practice/qualifying and high potential of dry racing

Gentlemen Agreement: Everyone who wants to take the IMSA should lower his wastegate pressure to "2.0" for balance purposes.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after turn 9 (Rainey Curve).

Greetings,

Ok maybe I will join in Sunday's race, I was going to be absent from this but the Audi 90 is too good to pass.

MikeyTT
24-08-2015, 16:37
Race #2 is up. Close battling from the get-go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFVg1cImNvI

Random grid for this event of 10th place
01:46 - Inside DrKabel for 9th place, or not!
02:35 - Cutback and under DrKabel
03:30 - Inside NatorNator for 8th, or not!! How little wing??
04:25 - Inside NatorNator this time for 8th
05:00 - Round the outside of FlyingKman in the last turn for 7th
08:20 - Right on the back of the pack for 4th place
09:00 - Nudge Neil as he's held up
09:15 - Squeeze past TwistedNav for 6th as he gets too close to Neil Bateman
09:46 - Though better of undertaking Neil, but got tagged a smidge by Twisted
10:15 - Outside of last turn and out drag Neil into T1, well nearly. Still 6th
10:45 - TwistedNav gets a good run on me and passes into the chicane. Twisted hits the sausage kerb and gets airborne. I'm so close I can't avoid him and we collect (25% aero damage to me)
11:35 - NatorNator catches up with my aero damage and passes, just :)
13:55 - Decide to pit and get the aero damage sorted out
31:45 - After chasing down Mrkovic we have a few laps of really close racing, the odd dummy by me trying to unsettle him
34:40 - Little tag, after trying to avoid Mrkovic into T1
36:20 - Mrkovic outdrags Stevie and we're on for a 3-way battle now
36:50 - Undertake Mrkovic as he's forced a little wide by Stevie
37:40 - All over the back of Stevie now, should be a good fight. Where'd ya go? Pitting!? Damn!!
41:00 - Have been reeling in Zsolt very quickly, really close on the last lap. But he manages to stay ahead and runs out of fuel shortly after the finish line

cluck
24-08-2015, 17:08
Damn, I love Laguna Seca but I won't be able to attend, I'll be at the WEC 6 hours of Nürburgring :o.

Giovtec
24-08-2015, 18:02

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

Ahhaa! this bring back memories from TGC-NCC race.

x ImJakeyy
24-08-2015, 18:27
Damn, I love Laguna Seca but I won't be able to attend, I'll be at the WEC 6 hours of Nürburgring :o.

Have a good time at the 6 hours WEC, would love to be there!

t0daY
24-08-2015, 18:31

I think we gonna see each other there! I am also there aswell :p :) (at least it is planned though :D)

Timmynator
24-08-2015, 18:56

And on the other side there was me thinking "damn, that Zonda is really fast, I thought I could outrun him" :D
Actually, I was running 1 / 0 DF, could've gotten away with 0/0 for a few fast(er) laps, but as soon as tire deg caught up, that would've been way to slippery. I did try out some of what I'll cryptically call dynamic downforce, though ;)

Oh, didn't notice we'd touched. Sorry, I just felt the usual bumps and skips through that corner, nothing else.

Ahhaa! this bring back memories from TGC-NCC race.

You should've seen our initial TGC races throwing the stock cars around that track ;)

wodm
24-08-2015, 19:49
Superb, love Laguna seca. Will be there for this one.

Dio
24-08-2015, 19:58

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

I'm in! first Sunday race for me! Very excited for the cobra!

Mirko Tartarotti
24-08-2015, 20:35
Race #2 is up. Close battling from the get-go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFVg1cImNvI

Random grid for this event of 10th place
01:46 - Inside DrKabel for 9th place, or not!
02:35 - Cutback and under DrKabel
05:00 - Round the outside of FlyingKman in the last turn for 7th
08:20 - Right on the back of the pack for 4th place
09:00 - Nudge Neil as he's held up
09:15 - Squeeze past TwistedNav for 6th as he gets too close to Neil Bateman
09:46 - Though better of undertaking Neil, but got tagged a smidge by Twisted
10:15 - Outside of last turn and out drag Neil into T1, well nearly. Still 6th
10:45 - TwistedNav gets a good run on me and passes into the chicane. Twisted hits the sausage kerb and gets airborne. I'm so close I can't avoid him and we collect (25% aero damage to me)
13:55 - Decide to pit and get the aero damage sorted out
31:45 - After chasing down Mrkovic we have a few laps of really close racing, the odd dummy by me trying to unsettle him
34:40 - Little tag, after trying to avoid Mrkovic into T1
36:20 - Mrkovic outdrags Stevie and we're on for a 3-way battle now
36:50 - Undertake Mrkovic as he's forced a little wide by Stevie
37:40 - All over the back of Stevie now, should be a good fight. Where'd ya go? Pitting!? Damn!!
41:00 - Have been reeling in Zsolt very quickly, really close on the last lap. But he manages to stay ahead and runs out of fuel shortly after the finish line

Mikey, thanks again for the battle, it has been FAN-TA-STIC! I was watching like 4-5 times your chase on me, our fair battle with Stevie, my overtaking on Stevie and your one on me. The result is a male version of Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally".

Just few questions:

1) I think you had a wonderful setup on the car, especially on braking (compared with mine of course). May I ask you which was your braking pressure, balance and duct?
2) On your video Stevie had an huge bump at the enter of Ascari, at about 35:40. I didn't see it at all, and I think that was true mine because I think that in this situation you should less some time trying to recover your car bumping like I had to do in Variante 2. Is it possible some de-sync?

Photonenbert
24-08-2015, 21:14
see below :P

Photonenbert
24-08-2015, 21:15
Good fun last night, the Ruf was a lot more involving than I initially thought. Especially the "drafting-oh-crap-going-too-fast-please-dont-hit-the-other-guy" moments...

I got a bit lucky with guys dropping out of the first race or spinning out, but had some nice close racing with several people. Threading the needle between two Zondas into turn 1 is... intense. Also a great catch-up battle with Photonenbert in the second race, although I totally blame my pit crew for their sluggish performance and thus not being able to undercut him in the first place.

Also sorry for discussing my perception of the incident I got called for and possibly distracting others from their racing. In retrospect I don't really know why I felt the need to share my POV...

yeah mate that was great fun! :)

Dio
25-08-2015, 04:53
I'm in! first Sunday race for me! Very excited for the cobra!

Turns out I can't actually race on Sunday since I am going to a test n tune day at my local drag strip around race time.. :(
But the good news for you guys is that you can use my time as a virtual yard stick.
I managed to post a 1:21.187 in the time trial mode so you can use my ghost for practice.
Perhaps we can run this car and track combo again another time, as I adore the Cobra!

MikeyTT
25-08-2015, 13:42
And on the other side there was me thinking "damn, that Zonda is really fast, I thought I could outrun him" :D
Actually, I was running 1 / 0 DF, could've gotten away with 0/0 for a few fast(er) laps, but as soon as tire deg caught up, that would've been way to slippery. I did try out some of what I'll cryptically call dynamic downforce, though ;)
Oh, didn't notice we'd touched. Sorry, I just felt the usual bumps and skips through that corner, nothing else.

No, we didn't touch. Little bit of squeezing going on, and a little bit of me not wanting to yield the position, but it was a very fair pass. Real shame I just couldn't keep up, due to the aero damage, or we'd have had a battle for much longer ;)

I tried 0/0 and 1/0 briefly when I was playing around with set-up, but I ended up with 2/2. I just couldn't be consistent with the back end on 0 downforce and I like my cars to point where I tell em to, so 0 on the front just gives me armfuls of understeer.

Mikey, thanks again for the battle, it has been FAN-TA-STIC! I was watching like 4-5 times your chase on me, our fair battle with Stevie, my overtaking on Stevie and your one on me. The result is a male version of Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally".

Just few questions:

1) I think you had a wonderful setup on the car, especially on braking (compared with mine of course). May I ask you which was your braking pressure, balance and duct?
2) On your video Stevie had an huge bump at the enter of Ascari, at about 35:40. I didn't see it at all, and I think that was true mine because I think that in this situation you should less some time trying to recover your car bumping like I had to do in Variante 2. Is it possible some de-sync?

It was a great battle. I watched both races again last night. I think it's some of the closest battling I've had for a long time, where there was no major incidents. Kudos to the organisers for the great combo.

On my setup, I was actually thinking how are others able to brake so much better into the chicanes and Ascari than I can. The only place I felt like I was epic on the brakes was the last corner. For some reason I really got that hooked up well. I think part of the advantage would have been the 2/2 aero setup, so I would have a little more downforce for braking. I don't recall exactly what the brake settings were, I'll have to fire the rig up and chack, but from memory I was 100% pressure, wither 51 or 52 balance and ducts around the 40% mark I think. I was running the brakes between 900 and 1300. I reckoned at about 1400-1500 they were starting to turn red, so would lose power.

I don't really know how the netcode works in situations where there is a little de-sync. But you could be right in that on my PC Stevie takes a slightly tighter line, due to a lack of netcode updating and it looks like he hits the kerbs. Or vice versa, in that he did hit the kerb, but the netcode update/de-sync was off with your view.

Look forward to the next time we're on track...

Pamellaaa
27-08-2015, 15:10
Heads up gents, DLC is up, if you cant find it just search Steam for Old vs New and it will appear.

TwistedNav
27-08-2015, 15:26
Woohoo - BMW 2002, I love that car! I hope the TGC will consider some road car races in the near future :-)

Pamellaaa
27-08-2015, 15:42
Woohoo - BMW 2002, I love that car! I hope the TGC will consider some road car races in the near future :-)

All the recent races have been user requests, if there is a specific combination you wish to do send a PM to t0daY, flyingKman or Photonenbert and they will add your suggestion to the list, be sure to list any dates that you are and arent available to do it and give as much or as little detail as you want :)

t0daY
27-08-2015, 16:53
Just in case some people missed it :P :P :P DLC Time !!!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=56&v=9AWjUanSILI

TwistedNav
27-08-2015, 18:31
All the recent races have been user requests, if there is a specific combination you wish to do send a PM to t0daY, flyingKman or Photonenbert and they will add your suggestion to the list, be sure to list any dates that you are and arent available to do it and give as much or as little detail as you want :)

Awesome, thanks!

t0daY
27-08-2015, 20:34
Awesome, thanks!

Here is the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJj66HafJl4rE_dhITnXr4t2ydVQ-TI3md4ipZKtnDY/edit#gid=0 :)

Every PNC or higher Member can add his fav. car/track combo in the list :)

Gopher04
27-08-2015, 22:41
I gave FlyingKman a request over a week ago, not on the list t0day, has he forgotten about it?

t0daY
27-08-2015, 23:05
I gave FlyingKman a request over a week ago, not on the list t0day, has he forgotten about it?

You can edit the list freely by yourself. So you can add your wish into the list like quelus (Delilah) did half an hour ago :)

But do not worry gopher, we got also a seperated list with wishes and their is your wish already noted :p

falcon2081
28-08-2015, 00:01
BTW for those of you in the U.S.A. Fanatec replenished all their stock. So that means CSW V2, Clubsport V3 Pedals are back in stock. I have to blame t0day and DrKabel for peer pressuring me in ordering a CSW V2 with the BMW Rim and the Formula Rim for a total of $1,089.00:dejection: I'll have it all by next Wednesday's race hopefully.

t0daY
28-08-2015, 00:22
BTW for those of you in the U.S.A. Fanatec replenished all their stock. So that means CSW V2, Clubsport V3 Pedals are back in stock. I have to blame t0day and DrKabel for peer pressuring me in ordering a CSW V2 with the BMW Rim and the Formula Rim for a total of $1,089.00:dejection: I'll have it all by next Wednesday's race hopefully.

I am innocent xDD we did pressure on you? :D

PzR Slim
28-08-2015, 07:15

You will not regret it. Fantastic piece of kit. I love mine. You probably already do but check out Jack Spade's ffb, they feel fantastic with my CSW2.

Puffpirat
28-08-2015, 13:14
Awesome! You won't regret it :)

Btw that's my stack of cars for our U.S. test trip :D

falcon2081
28-08-2015, 15:17
You will not regret it. Fantastic piece of kit. I love mine. You probably already do but check out Jack Spade's ffb, they feel fantastic with my CSW2.

Thanks Puff and Slim. I don't regret it at all. Now all I need is a 34' 21:9 monitor lol. Only thing that sucks is that my new Clubsport V3's are faulty. Already talked to Fanatec and will have to send them in for repair. So I guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks before I get to try them.

Photonenbert
29-08-2015, 19:53
want some pictures when your stuff arrives :)

falcon2081
29-08-2015, 22:09
Looks like there's some competition with the Audi. I think it's going to be the car of choice. I haven't tested the Ford yet been tweaking the Audi too much and it sounds so good!:cool:

Edit: Well I take everything back. The Ford is very viable indeed!

Mirko Tartarotti
30-08-2015, 07:46
I think Ford is too much unpredictable, especially in t2.

MelBonkers
30-08-2015, 08:06
Oh lord......need to get some laps in :-S

Cleps
30-08-2015, 08:20
I wish I could be there for this race! I would love to challenge the audi with the raw mustang. That should be an awesome race to ride especially on Laguna Seca!! I hope you will all enjoy it! Have fun :)

x ImJakeyy
30-08-2015, 09:11
If I do end up joining tonight I will probably be way off the pace, not tested one bit for this.

Must blame the Black Ops 3 beta for that haha.

If I do join will jump in the Audi, and hope for the best I can do a quick setup.

t0daY
30-08-2015, 13:52
I wish you all the best of luck for the race :p

Greetings from the Nürburgring :)

Mirko Tartarotti
30-08-2015, 15:33
My setup for a dry event with Audi is quite similar with the default one. I've just modified:

1) reduced tire pressure to about 1,30 front left , 1,35 front right and 1,30 both rear.
2) reduced camber to -1,5/-1,2 both front and rear. I think the car is better in slow curbs;
3) reduced brake pressure and brake duct;
4) reduced acc lock diff;

I didn't try a wet session as well, I hope that just reducing a little bit more the tire pressure and brake pressure will be enough.

Tricky
30-08-2015, 18:43
My live stream: http://www.youtube.com/user/jameswiv/live

falcon2081
30-08-2015, 20:42
Race results! Congrats to everyone who finished. Great racing...:cool:

Stevie_F
30-08-2015, 20:42
Fastest Laps

Race Results

Great race guys, slicks all the way :)

Tricky
30-08-2015, 20:46
Frustrating race, one to forget for me. Spin off the curbs from the lead and pit to repair and still managed to spin several more times. Having done three pit stops the rain mucked me up even more. Oh well, car itself was very enjoyable to drive most of the time.

Alex Hobbs
30-08-2015, 20:55
Fun race, got damaged early on so pace suffered and I had to work to keep falcon at a distance as the rear was askew. After that I got a few bugs in the pits which stopped me maintaining my advantage but it was still fun trying to get the most out of a hobbled car :)

Mirko Tartarotti
30-08-2015, 21:38
Such a pity I couldn't join the race, I came back home too late :(

falcon2081
30-08-2015, 21:42
Fun race, got damaged early on so pace suffered and I had to work to keep falcon at a distance as the rear was askew. After that I got a few bugs in the pits which stopped me maintaining my advantage but it was still fun trying to get the most out of a hobbled car :)

You could not have had more damage than me with 35% aero damage. It was very very hard to stay with you. I think what saved me was I knew I had a good race pace that allowed me to catch up after I pitted for fuel&tires.

NemethR
30-08-2015, 21:56
This could have been such a nice race... :(

I started around 13th position, rain qualifying did not help for sure, then after some 5-6 laps I was battling with Pamleaaa, and FlyingKman.
Positions switched, some droped back, some passed me, but I ended up around 5-6-7th position in the race, Pam was catching me as my tires were a bit worn at that time, I made a small mistake (got onto the sand), and Pam overtook me, I started hunting him down, was a lot of fun, after the last few races where I always ended up around last position in the first few laps.

Back to the race, so I was hunting down Pam.
Then he went into the pits, and i decided to follow him, at this point I was 5th (i believe)
There was around 1.5 secs between us, maybe a little less.

At the moment Pam entered the pits, I got the message "PIT SPOT OCCUPIED", as i was right behing him, there was not much I could do.
My AI has driven through the pits, I did another lap, and then entered pits again... Ended up in 13th place, 2nd half of the race was really just making it to the finish.

Its really stupid, that after patch 3.0 the pit stops still do not work.

End of the race was interesting with the rain coming, and raining for some drivers, yet for others not.
Note: Pam, i will send you the youtube link as soon as its up, then you can post it, with your weather too. (most likely will be tomorrow morning)

Also something to mention:
Normally I try to make room for lapping trafik, this is until the last bathurst race, where someone said what the f*ck i am doing, slower cars should stay ot the racing line and let the faster ones figure ou a way how to get past.

So at this race I did exactly that. I was staying on the racing line no mater what.
I got bumped 3 times in the rear, held up Battneberg (I think) for a whole lap, just because he could not find a way past (I was NOT defenting, just driving on the racing line), and finalyl in the Rain I was bumped again, questioning what I am doing by a lapping car. I replied, I am staying on the racing line. And the reply to that was, yea like driving 30km/h.
Yes, that is what the "rules" say, I should stay on the racing line. Yes 30km/h was the max I was able to do at that point, since it was raining very hard, and I had slicks 8as only 2 more laps were to go.

So seriously, I think that IF the slower cars should stay on the racing line, then I should not be bumped 4 times in the back by laping trafik.
OR then the slower cars, should make room for the faster ones, and I am fine with that totally.

falcon2081
30-08-2015, 22:32
Normally I try to make room for lapping trafik, this is until the last bathurst race, where someone said what the f*ck i am doing, slower cars should stay ot the racing line and let the faster ones figure ou a way how to get past.

So at this race I did exactly that. I was staying on the racing line no mater what.
I got bumped 3 times in the rear, held up Battneberg (I think) for a whole lap, just because he could not find a way past (I was NOT defenting, just driving on the racing line), and finalyl in the Rain I was bumped again, questioning what I am doing by a lapping car. I replied, I am staying on the racing line. And the reply to that was, yea like driving 30km/h.
Yes, that is what the "rules" say, I should stay on the racing line. Yes 30km/h was the max I was able to do at that point, since it was raining very hard, and I had slicks 8as only 2 more laps were to go.

So seriously, I think that IF the slower cars should stay on the racing line, then I should not be bumped 4 times in the back by laping trafik.
OR then the slower cars, should make room for the faster ones, and I am fine with that totally.

I hear what your saying and at the same time you did the correct thing. However that being said you have to have the full scope of the situation. In this case what you should have done was let off the throttle a little in one of the straightaways and let him through. It's also your job to make sure you let the leaders through without holding them up for a entire lap.

Giovtec
31-08-2015, 00:50
Well, my plan was to start at the back, and it work.
Slow but steady and i knew i will gain enough places, and i did, from last to 9th in the 30th lap, then i stop for tyres and fuel which took quite long, drop to 16th then work my way back to 10th where i did get stock trying to pass Nemeth i think, then the rain ohh dear rain! that unexpected rain, from there everything went wrong, almost at the same time as pam started seeying the rain, i start loosing my car, so from there i did pit stop and my race was done. At the leaders last lap i decided to chill out at the end of last corner so i didnt bother to do one more lap, had barely enough time from the one behind.

Overall, i am happy, had a few laps chasing Kman and some with Nemeth.

See you next Sunday Gents!!

Mirko Tartarotti
31-08-2015, 08:13

No worry mate, everyone has to learn in my opinion (I'm involved too, obviously). Both fast drivers than "slow" need time to learn how to not create matters during lapping. I think that the best way is to define a procedure and follow it. And as far as I know the rule is to stay on the racing line. This group is composed by good and fair gentlemen, I'm sure that everything will be solved.

In add I think that Laguna Seca is not the perfect track for lapping, more concentration was needed.

NemethR
31-08-2015, 09:30
It's also your job to make sure you let the leaders through without holding them up for a entire lap.

It was not intentional, I waited for him to go and pass me, but he didn't I got tired of it, and moved over, and let him pass.

btw: Here is the video about the Rain - No rain bug from my point of view. (For some reason it did not record my voice, so Pam saying after: "Even better", when someone says "I lost it" was actually a reply to me saying: I record it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMAs5PDqIM

Neil Bateman
31-08-2015, 10:44
Video is set to private nemeth.

NemethR
31-08-2015, 11:22
Video is set to private nemeth.

Fixed that. (Was not intentional)

Tricky
31-08-2015, 11:53
My live stream: http://www.youtube.com/user/jameswiv/live

The video from my stream is up, not great quality mind. I have a high quality copy but not planning to edit/upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5WC8kMJRsg

6:20 Shows lowered boost
21:36 - Start of pole lap. Really scruffy so surprised it was pole.
28:32 - Start of race (taking the formation lap that slow seemed bizarre to me)
29:12 - When it all went wrong, tank slapper out of T3
34:20 - Gradually catch the tail of the first only to misjudge the left hander at the bottom of the hill and spin
56:19 - By this point I'm up to 9th and have caught a battling Battenburg and Pamelaa, highlight being a massive save by Sam in the corkscrew.
58:43 - Nice pass down the inside of Pamelaa in T1
59:00 - Another silly spin
1:03:48 - Catch Nemeth and Pam (battle for 5th)
1:06:50 - Another tank slapper and spin. Go into pits.
1:07:20 - Chose to refuel to about 90 as it's ETA shows that'll take me to the end with a lap or two to spare. However it fills me to 110, and think I finished the race with 34l of fuel.
1:10:30 - Contact with Will in the corkscrew, sorry about that. I'm not sure if you were trying to go side by side into it, but I had a compromised braking line and was just doing all I could to get the car slowed without losing the rear.
1:35:04 - Approx when rain started, L48. Just light rain drops, no dark clouds.
1:49:15 - Spin
1:49:21 - Spin again, going to have to pit for wets

Regarding the weather, here is a gallery of the weather from L48 onwards.
https://imgur.com/a/prc6v/#0

Photonenbert
31-08-2015, 11:59
hope you guys enjoyed your race at Laguna Seca :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38352-REAL-Motorsports-Photo-Thread

Some pictures I took at the WEC 6h Endurance event at the Nürburgring. Was great fun and nice to meet Elmo, Miagi and Cluck :)

t0daY
31-08-2015, 12:00

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38352-REAL-Motorsports-Photo-Thread

Some pictures I took at the WEC 6h Endurance event at the Nürburgring. Was great fun and nice to meet Elmo, Miagi and Cluck :)

*hust* camouflaged advertising *hust* :D :D :D

Photonenbert
31-08-2015, 12:24
*hust* camouflaged advertising *hust* :D :D :D

:p:p

Giovtec
31-08-2015, 12:37
The video from my stream is up, not great quality mind. I have a high quality copy but not planning to edit/upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5WC8kMJRsg

6:20 Shows lowered boost
21:36 - Start of pole lap. Really scruffy so surprised it was pole.
28:32 - Start of race (taking the formation lap that slow seemed bizarre to me)
29:12 - When it all went wrong, tank slapper out of T3
34:20 - Gradually catch the tail of the first only to misjudge the left hander at the bottom of the hill and spin
56:19 - By this point I'm up to 9th and have caught a battling Battenburg and Pamelaa, highlight being a massive save by Sam in the corkscrew.
58:43 - Nice pass down the inside of Pamelaa in T1
59:00 - Another silly spin
1:03:48 - Catch Nemeth and Pam (battle for 5th)
1:06:50 - Another tank slapper and spin. Go into pits.
1:07:20 - Chose to refuel to about 90 as it's ETA shows that'll take me to the end with a lap or two to spare. However it fills me to 110, and think I finished the race with 34l of fuel.
1:10:30 - Contact with Will in the corkscrew, sorry about that. I'm not sure if you were trying to go side by side into it, but I had a compromised braking line and was just doing all I could to get the car slowed without losing the rear.
1:35:04 - Approx when rain started, L48. Just light rain drops, no dark clouds.
1:49:15 - Spin
1:49:21 - Spin again, going to have to pit for wets

Regarding the weather, here is a gallery of the weather from L48 onwards.
https://imgur.com/a/prc6v/#0

aahhh, the video is private :confused:

Tricky
31-08-2015, 13:14
aahhh, the video is private :confused:

Fixed, thanks. Knew the stream goes private by default but still forgot :)

cluck
31-08-2015, 13:40

Some pictures I took at the WEC 6h Endurance event at the Nürburgring. Was great fun and nice to meet Elmo, Miagi and Cluck :)don't forget Felix ;). It was a pleasure to meet yourself and t0daY aswell. Hope you didn't mind my little joke right at the end ;).

t0daY
31-08-2015, 13:56
don't forget Felix ;). It was a pleasure to meet yourself and t0daY aswell. Hope you didn't mind my little joke right at the end ;).

TURN OFF YOUR FUCKIN LIGHTS!! :D :D

Yeah it was really a pleasure to meet you all guys :) We did not talk much because everybody of you were destroyed of last nigh?! :D :D Anytime again guys :)

Photonenbert
31-08-2015, 14:23
don't forget Felix ;). It was a pleasure to meet yourself and t0daY aswell. Hope you didn't mind my little joke right at the end ;).

:p all good

miagi
31-08-2015, 16:30
TURN OFF YOUR FUCKIN LIGHTS!! :D :D

Yeah it was really a pleasure to meet you all guys :) We did not talk much because everybody of you were destroyed of last nigh?! :D :D Anytime again guys :)

It was a bit loud to talk ^^; still didn't stop Photonenbert from sleeping at 100+ dB(A). :D

Photonenbert
31-08-2015, 17:10
It was a bit loud to talk ^^; still didn't stop Photonenbert from sleeping at 100+ dB(A). :D

I did what? ;)

t0daY
31-08-2015, 17:45

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Oulton Park Island, UK with the new DLC car BMW 320 TC.

Date: 6th September 2015

Race Start: 19:00 UTC (3x „1+15“ Laps)

Ingame Time: First Race: 11:00 / Second Race: 14:00 / Third Race: 17:00
Weather Forecast: A dull, cloudy morning is anticipated with the weather expected to deteriorate as the day goes on, there is a very high likelihood of
persistent rain from early afternoon onwards
Weather progression: 1x

Important Note: The grid for the second race will be formed out of the best lap times you achieved in the first race. The grid for the third race will be a
complete reversed grid from race 2.

If you do not finish the race (DNF, DQ or quitting the lobby) you will start at the back of the field.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after turn (15 - Druids Corner)

Who will be British Touring Car Champion? Let’s find out!

Greetings,

NemethR
31-08-2015, 17:54

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Oulton Park International, UK with the new DLC car BMW 320 TC.

Weather Forecast: A dull, cloudy morning is anticipated with the weather expected to deteriorate as the day goes on, there is a very high likelihood of

Important Note: The grid for the second race will be formed out of the best lap times you achieved in the first race. The grid for the third race will be a

If you do not finish the race (DNF, DQ or quitting the lobby) you will start at the back of the field.

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after turn (15 - Druids Corner)

Greetings,

WoW, my fovorite Track (in the UK) :)

cluck
31-08-2015, 17:58

I did what? ;)Actually, I believe I sleep at 100dB - isn't that right Felix? :D

(apols for the off-topic)

Sunday's race combo looks like it could very well be absolutely epic. Looking forward to it :)

Bagaz
31-08-2015, 19:03

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Oulton Park International, UK with the new DLC car BMW 320 TC.

Greetings,

Oh my. I may have to pass on beer during the gp this Sunday in order to participate in this one!

Decisions decisions...

Topsie
31-08-2015, 19:59
Oh why does it have to be mostly in the rain in such a fine car to race normally. Atleast have 2 races no rain and one with:(

Pamellaaa
31-08-2015, 20:01
Oh why does it have to be mostly in the rain in such a fine car to race normally. Atleast have 2 races no rain and one with:(

Its 3 sprint races mate, they won't all be wet ;)

Edit: Just re-read what you wrote, I see what you mean now, its British weather though so you never know!

t0daY
31-08-2015, 20:16
Little change for the upcoming race on Oulton Park. People told me that the BTCC driving this year the "Island"-variante instead of the international one. I was not aware of this, soooorry for all british fans here :D We gonna also drive of course the "Island" layout :)

I swear it was Jakeyys fault ;)

Gopher04
31-08-2015, 21:53
Not to bring a downer on this combo, but there are some problems with this car which I had made the devs aware off, which are effecting not just the cars looks exterior & interior, also the tracks they run on sometimes, and Oulton Park is one of the major ones, just do a few laps and then watch the replay, it's also causing random crashes as well, just a heads up..

Giovtec
31-08-2015, 22:28

Hello Gentlemen,

this sunday we are going to Oulton Park Island, UK with the new DLC car BMW 320 TC.

Greetings,

Yeeeeehhhh!!! Will have one week to train for this race, obviously after unexpected rain at laguna seca, i am going to train more in the rain than in the dry.
:cool:

falcon2081
01-09-2015, 01:51
Not to bring a downer on this combo, but there are some problems with this car which I had made the devs aware off, which are effecting not just the cars looks exterior & interior, also the tracks they run on sometimes, and Oulton Park is one of the major ones, just do a few laps and then watch the replay, it's also causing random crashes as well, just a heads up..

We did a practice test today for about an hour. We didn't have any problems you speak of. Can you go into more detail?

Giovtec
01-09-2015, 02:48

hhumm.. i just simulate a race (16 laps) online lobby with AI and then watch replay, but nothing weird to get my attention. :confused:

falcon2081
01-09-2015, 03:31
Here is the race video from this past Sunday's race. It took a while as I had to edit an issue I had with my mic. Race highlights will be below the video. Enjoy the race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eh8YkMyY4

0:00:42s - Tricky loses control and hits the tire wall exiting off turn 4. Will loses control and spins out in the same corner.
0:00:51s - I make a great pass on Stevie_F coming into turn 5.
0:02:30s - Great pass on Hobbs before the cork screw.
0:03:48s - Missed turned 6. Hobbs back in 2nd.
0:04:18s - I missed my brake marker and hit poor Hobbs in the rear. I incur 28% aero damage. Not happy.
0:11:16s - Tap Moe coming out of turn 11 which increases my aero damage to 38%!
0:11:45s - Looks like Hobbs taps Moe into turn 3. Maybe gets damage. I make a pass on Hobbs for that mistake. Looks like Alex_Salmon joined the fight.
0:12:36s - Hobbs tries to make move in turn 10. Exit of turn 11 Alex+Hobbs come together in my rear view mirror.
0:12:58s - I lose it into turn 1 but was able to make the recovery.
0:15:12s - Moe cuts corner in cork screw. Myself and Hobbs begin our very long fight.
0:20:23s - Hobbs tries to make a move into turn 5.
0:20:38s - I almost lose into during the braking for the cork screw. Barely saved it. Hobbs takes 1st place.
0:21:04s - I decide to change my strategy and just shadow Hobbs and put pressure on him. With the aero damaged badly I can't fight for the lead well.
I will have to make up my time after I pit.
0:43:10s - Aero Fixed. New tires. I can now run my race and put my head down and go after Hobbs.
0:53:00s - Catch up to Battenberg. Tough fight ahead.
0:54:30s - Finally make a pass on Battenberg. Onwards to Stevie_F.
0:56:38s - I see Hobbs in the pits. Making great time.
0:59:22s - Stevie_F enters pits. This gives me 1st place with a healthy lead of 7 seconds. Gotta manage the gap.
1:12:38s - Looks like we got rain! Gotta pit.
1:14:46s - I come in for rain tires. Will that be enough to stay in front of Hobbs until the end?
1:24:49s - Race results. Congrats to everyone who raced. It was long and hard.

Giovtec
01-09-2015, 06:31

that's what she said!!.... Sorry, damn you Michael Scott.

Changing the subject, i had the chance to watch the full race and wow, that was a damn good race. Congrats for the winning. :D

Gopher04
01-09-2015, 12:25
We did a practice test today for about an hour. We didn't have any problems you speak of. Can you go into more detail?

Looks like it's to do with the custom livery only, not any of the in game liveries, so should be ok..

t0daY
01-09-2015, 17:12
Hello Gentlemen,

We would like to introduce to you a new event on thursday evening at 19:00 UTC. The TGC-ATS (Advanced Training Session) is all about our new start procedure for the open wheelers (includes FA, FB, FC and the Gulfs).

Here are some basic rules which should prepare you a little bit for the new starting procedure.

- There is no specific speed limit during the formation lap
- Weaving and brake warming is allowed, as well as burnouts (if you spin then we’ll laugh at you, and you’ll start at the back)
- The minimum distance between 2 cars in the formation lap should be 0.5 seconds or higher
- Overtaking in the formation lap is strictly forbidden
- If you spin out in the formation lap you will start at the back of the field and everybody behind you will gain a place

- IMPORTANT: After the last corner the race director and/or the leader of the field will call "Odds on the left, evens on the right" to ensure that everybody will be on the correct side for the standing start.

If the gridbox of P1 is on the right side we will leave it empty. It will be always "Odds left, evens right".

After the last car entered his grid position he is supposed to tell everybody "Last car is on the grid". After that there will be a spoken timer for the start. "Red - red - red - GREEN!", after the green the race starts.

The training session will be held by Jakeyy & Twiggy (and no worries, Kman, Photo and I will be also around as well :D).

The 13th September will be an open wheeler race where we want to test this starting procedure the first time in a real race environment. We will do on the saturday before and on sunday before the race also some training sessions to ensure that everybody has at least attended to one ATS.

Here are some first impressions on what the formation lap will look like (big thanks for everybody who helped during this test sessions! Without you guys we could not realize that, thank you :))

View of P1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxZVwV5a-A

View of P8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpCiaRmgqkA

View of P14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLg12Y3RiO8

Greetings,

FlyingKman, Photonenbert & t0daY

falcon2081
01-09-2015, 18:14
Where are my goodies! Common FedEX.

Papa H
01-09-2015, 18:17
Hello Gentlemen,

We would like to introduce to you a new event on thursday evening at 19:00 UTC. The TGC-ATS (Advanced Training Session) is all about our new start procedure for the open wheelers (includes FA, FB, FC and the Gulfs).

Here are some basic rules which should prepare you a little bit for the new starting procedure.

- Weaving and brake warming is allowed, as well as burnouts (if you spin then we’ll laugh at you, and you’ll start at the back)
- The minimum distance between 2 cars in the formation lap should be 0.5 seconds or higher
- If you spin out in the formation lap you will start at the back of the field and everybody behind you will gain a place

- IMPORTANT: After the last corner the race director and/or the leader of the field will call "Odds on the left, evens on the right" to ensure that everybody will be on the correct side for the standing start.

If the gridbox of P1 is on the right side we will leave it empty. It will be always "Odds left, evens right".

After the last car entered his grid position he is supposed to tell everybody "Last car is on the grid". After that there will be a spoken timer for the start. "Red - red - red - GREEN!", after the green the race starts.

The training session will be held by Jakeyy & Twiggy (and no worries, Kman, Photo and I will be also around as well :D).

The 13th September will be an open wheeler race where we want to test this starting procedure the first time in a real race environment. We will do on the saturday before and on sunday before the race also some training sessions to ensure that everybody has at least attended to one ATS.

Here are some first impressions on what the formation lap will look like (big thanks for everybody who helped during this test sessions! Without you guys we could not realize that, thank you :))

View of P1

View of P8

View of P14

Greetings,

Will have to change my racing nights, else my wife will complain

Twiggy145
01-09-2015, 18:33
Hello Gentlemen,

View of P1

View of P8

View of P14

Greetings,

Another Video of the same thing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtuf8ctyZIU

MelBonkers
01-09-2015, 20:19
That has to be one of my best races. Until I spun at the corkscrew and damaged my car I could keep up with Hobbs and Falcon quite well (and I'm proud of that). I lost a lot of time with my first pitstop as my car got stuck at pitstop entry. Lost about 30 seconds with that. Rejoined after the stop and found myself behind Hobbs and Falcon again......one lap down ;-). Then I had some awesome battles with PapaH and Zsolt. I pushed hard, but didn't want to make more mistakes. The Audi was quite forgiving to drive. The only nasty thing was when you got caught in the sand. The sand was just like quicksand. It would suck you in :D. During my second pits stop I lost another 10 seconds as my wheel was turned full lock to the left which controlled my fuel slider and put it to 0. It took a while before I corrected this and then just sat there waiting to exit the pits. I performed this stop in lap 51 or so, at the moment the rain was starting to pour down. I rejoined in 5th place having Steve about 35 seconds in front of me. As he stayed on slicks I closed the gap to 1,5 seconds or so when crossing the chequered flag. What a race! I really enjoyed this and I really believe I could have gone for a podium finish if I hadn't lost more than 40 seconds in the pits.

Thanx for a great race and see you all soon!

Here is the race video from this past Sunday's race. It took a while as I had to edit an issue I had with my mic. Race highlights will be below the video. Enjoy the race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eh8YkMyY4

0:00:42s - Tricky loses control and hits the tire wall exiting off turn 4. Will loses control and spins out in the same corner.
0:00:51s - I make a great pass on Stevie_F coming into turn 5.
0:02:30s - Great pass on Hobbs before the cork screw.
0:03:48s - Missed turned 6. Hobbs back in 2nd.
0:04:18s - I missed my brake marker and hit poor Hobbs in the rear. I incur 28% aero damage. Not happy.
0:11:16s - Tap Moe coming out of turn 11 which increases my aero damage to 38%!
0:11:45s - Looks like Hobbs taps Moe into turn 3. Maybe gets damage. I make a pass on Hobbs for that mistake. Looks like Alex_Salmon joined the fight.
0:12:36s - Hobbs tries to make move in turn 10. Exit of turn 11 Alex+Hobbs come together in my rear view mirror.
0:12:58s - I lose it into turn 1 but was able to make the recovery.
0:15:12s - Moe cuts corner in cork screw. Myself and Hobbs begin our very long fight.
0:20:23s - Hobbs tries to make a move into turn 5.
0:20:38s - I almost lose into during the braking for the cork screw. Barely saved it. Hobbs takes 1st place.
0:21:04s - I decide to change my strategy and just shadow Hobbs and put pressure on him. With the aero damaged badly I can't fight for the lead well.
I will have to make up my time after I pit.
0:43:10s - Aero Fixed. New tires. I can now run my race and put my head down and go after Hobbs.
0:53:00s - Catch up to Battenberg. Tough fight ahead.
0:54:30s - Finally make a pass on Battenberg. Onwards to Stevie_F.
0:56:38s - I see Hobbs in the pits. Making great time.
0:59:22s - Stevie_F enters pits. This gives me 1st place with a healthy lead of 7 seconds. Gotta manage the gap.
1:12:38s - Looks like we got rain! Gotta pit.
1:14:46s - I come in for rain tires. Will that be enough to stay in front of Hobbs until the end?

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 00:19
Guys I think I have a Fanatec addiction lol. Are there any support groups out there that I can join?:cool: Not pictured are my CSR elite pedals and my Clubsport V3 pedals which I had to send back for repair as they were faulty from the get go.

Papa H
02-09-2015, 08:01
Guys I think I have a Fanatec addiction lol. Are there any support groups out there that I can join?:cool: Not pictured are my CSR elite pedals and my Clubsport V3 pedals which I had to send back for repair as they were faulty from the get go.

looks like i need to go Robb a bank or sell a body part to afford all those....

Neil Bateman
02-09-2015, 08:10
looks like i need to go Robb a bank or sell a body part to afford all those....

I'm not too far away from you in wolverhampton, i can drive the getaway car, just pick a bank.

wodm
02-09-2015, 09:01
you dont need to rob a bank.... rob falcon :)

Papa H
02-09-2015, 10:07

i got so pissed off with my Logitech DFGT slowly coming apart, ive only gone and just brought the Thrustmaster T500 RS

hope i can get better with it

MelBonkers
02-09-2015, 12:02
Papa, great choice! I've had the T500 now for three years and I'm really happy with it.

Giovtec
02-09-2015, 12:37

just let me know when but that BMW wheel is mine! :highly_amused:

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 15:12
Lol you guys are funny.

Gopher04
02-09-2015, 15:28
Hello Gentlemen,

The training session will be held by Jakeyy & Twiggy (and no worries, Kman, Photo and I will be also around as well ).

Here are some first impressions on what the formation lap will look like (big thanks for everybody who helped during this test sessions! Without you guys we could not realize that, thank you )

Nice idea guys...:cool:

Twiggy145
03-09-2015, 17:05
Don't forget guys TGC-ATS tonight 19:00 UTC. This is a training session for the Open Wheel Formation Lap and Grid Start. I won't go into too much detail because Manu (Today) has already outlined this is his post earlier. Please if you have any feedback on tonight's session please talk to either myself, Jakeyy, Manu (Today), Kman or Photo.

Cheers Guys

Twig

cluck
03-09-2015, 20:57
Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

FlyingKman, Photonenbert & t0daYIs the lobby up yet?

(this is a joke by the way - the guys who were in this tonight will get it)

cluck
03-09-2015, 21:09
Is the lobby up yet?I can't see the lobby, is it up yet?

(this is still a joke by the way - the guys who were in this tonight will get it)

AlexOki
03-09-2015, 21:16
is the lobby up:D

Martin G Webb
04-09-2015, 11:23
What's this I've seen and heard ?

Cluck going around the 'Ring' with Elmo and screaming like a school girl, surely not !

cluck
04-09-2015, 11:53
What's this I've seen and heard ?

Cluck going around the 'Ring' with Elmo and screaming like a school girl, surely not !No idea what you're talking about :p

ps. I can't see the lobby, is it up yet*?

* that's what she said

miagi
04-09-2015, 12:23
Well one lap around the ring, with (poorly done) g-force impression.

http://youtu.be/sO6C6BH2EeI

NemethR
04-09-2015, 12:48

This is great!

Who is driving?

miagi
04-09-2015, 12:57
This is great!

Who is driving?
A Muppet :P

cluck
04-09-2015, 13:25
A Muppet :PBrilliant :D.

Giovtec
04-09-2015, 13:28
A Muppet :P

is it one from Sesame Street?

wodm
04-09-2015, 13:53
were you all wearing pCARS t-shirts? :)
Would love to take a trip around there.

cluck
04-09-2015, 13:59
were you all wearing pCARS t-shirts? :)
Would love to take a trip around there.Two of us were, yes :).

Iceman07
04-09-2015, 14:07

Wow that looked great :)

I have to go with you the next time you go to the Nürburgring ;)

Papa H
04-09-2015, 15:08
Elmo.................

Gordon
04-09-2015, 17:26

the best, most exciting ring video I've ever seen! :)

MikeyTT
04-09-2015, 21:44
I'm able to make the Sunday event, which on my home turf, and a track I know well, should be great fun.

I'll be live streaming again, and have a YouTube event set-up ready:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2dP95n7j8

Timmynator
04-09-2015, 23:02
[...]

Wow, so many thoughts about the whole event.

First thought: Dammit, why didn't I have time to go the the 'Ring and meet all of the TGC guys?
Second thought: Dammit, why didn't I have time to go the the 'Ring and meet all of the TGC guys?
Third thought: Dammit, why didn't I have time to go the the 'Ring and meet all of the TGC guys?

Alright, now that it's gotten a little better:
Next thought: How many times has Elmo driven that track and wow, is he really taking out his own car [I don't think I'd make it in mine without stuffing it into one wall or another...]?
Next thought: There's something decidedly strange about having to connect the muppet voice to a person in a video...even more so when said person is chauffeuring several others around the 'Ring while giving detailed descriptions. "Hello, my name's Elmo and I'll be your tour guide today..."
Next thought: Dammit, why didn't I have time to go the the 'Ring and meet all of the TGC guys? ;)

Hello Gentlemen,

Since I haven't figured out a satisfactory way yet to get DLC the way I want it, does the old trick "if the host has it, the lobby can have it" still apply?
My recent troubles in attending TGC events notwithstanding, I'll try to make it on Sunday. Don't count on it though...

falcon2081
05-09-2015, 04:50
Your move alex_salmon ;)
Edit: Got down to 1:25.1 with Gio as my witness but too tired to do it in TT lol.

Giovtec
05-09-2015, 07:04
Your move alex_salmon ;)
Edit: Got down to 1:25.1 with Gio as my witness but too tired to do it in TT lol.

Yes he DID!!! :cool:

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 08:32

Whats wrong miagi, you were so quite in the vid, was it cluck? was he over powering..

Topsie
05-09-2015, 09:54
Not sure I'll be able to attend on Sunday as I'll actually be at Oulton Park watching the bikes:)

cluck
05-09-2015, 11:33
Whats wrong miagi, you were so quite in the vid, was it cluck? was he over powering..I think he was concentrating too hard on not bringing up the previous nights' dinner :D.

Blackvault
05-09-2015, 13:48
Whats the event for this Sunday?

Tricky
05-09-2015, 13:58
Whats the event for this Sunday?

Here:

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings,

EDIT: Had a short practice and urg, this is going to take some work. Default car balance horrible, and FFB horrible. (G27 with Jake Spade tweakers)

Bagaz
05-09-2015, 14:58
Here:

EDIT: Had a short practice and urg, this is going to take some work. Default car balance horrible, and FFB horrible. (G27 with Jake Spade tweakers)

Same here. Been at it for almost two hours and I can't get anywhere near the 1:25 posted earlier in this thread. 1:27 something is my best.
Car feels really skittish through the ffb. Found knocking down the all the camber that is set as default helped a lot.

cluck
05-09-2015, 15:33
Yeah, mid-1m27s time here achieved mostly by dropping the default ratios (didn't even touch 6th with default). This is definitely going to favour those who know how to set a car up (which is most decidedly not me :D)

That said, it is possible to run all the way over onto the green edgeing stuff in Time Trial, which can be used to gain some time. That should be decidedly frowned upon for the race itself of course :).

Keithb23
05-09-2015, 15:53
It would be great if some kind soul would post a basic setup that will make the car driveable for those of us who aren't setup guru's. Let's face it, in the long run it will mean a safer race for everyone!

falcon2081
05-09-2015, 16:39
Everyone should take this opportunity and learn how to actually do a decent setup for the car. Doing the basics will get you down to high 26's. But if you tweak this specific thing it will allow you to easily do lower than that and hit 25's.

Hint: Read what Bagaz said a couple of posts up. The keyword is there ;)

Bagaz
05-09-2015, 16:59
Everyone should take this opportunity and learn how to actually do a decent setup for the car. Doing the basics will get you down to high 26's. But if you tweak this specific thing it will allow you to easily do lower than that and hit 25's.

Hint: Read what Bagaz said a couple of posts up. The keyword is there ;)

Haha thanks Falcon. So basically I've done the right thing, however I'm still slow lol.
Might take up sailing instead...

miagi
05-09-2015, 17:06
Worth mentioning that all 1:25s leaderboard laptime have at least one small off track. Two of them are pretty shameless in the way and number they run off track!

falcon2081
05-09-2015, 17:18
Worth mentioning that all 1:25s leaderboard laptime have at least one small off track. Two of them are pretty shameless in the way and number they run off track!

Oh I know mine was at turn 1 lol. But I was still playing with the setup. You're going to see people go wide into that corner a lot during the race.

miagi
05-09-2015, 17:35
Oh I know mine was at turn 1 lol.
Not just T1 :P

And But I was still playing with the setup.
Okay. Still it's always your choice if you finish a off track lap or not. And if it happens in T1, you have over 1 minute to rethink your decision, resp. invalidate the lap.

You're going to see people go wide into that corner a lot during the race.
Well, then we will see ppl get kicked from TGC.

Alex Hobbs
05-09-2015, 17:52
Just to chip in and say that we've always put emphasis on track limits in TGC, and we warn anyone that appears to be doing it accidentally (like if they're too crap at car control and can't stop from running wide repeatedly) and we take much harsher measures if we see someone actively cheating :)

(Also, 1:24's are possible without breaking track limits, did a 1:24.6 a few days back :) )

Alex Hobbs
05-09-2015, 18:15
Here's my setup, and I'll apply the usual disclaimer that this might not suit to anyone's driving style. Usually I won't give out a setup for someone to copy 1:1 because there's a fair chance it won't work for them, but since the default is miles off in terms of competitiveness I figured I'd put up a half decent baseline for others to work from if they want a head start :)

(if the setting isn't on any of the screens then I haven't changed it from default)

t0daY
05-09-2015, 18:18
Oh I know mine was at turn 1 lol. But I was still playing with the setup. You're going to see people go wide into that corner a lot during the race.

Just to chip in and say that we've always put emphasis on track limits in TGC, and we warn anyone that appears to be doing it accidentally (like if they're too crap at car control and can't stop from running wide repeatedly) and we take much harsher measures if we see someone actively cheating :)

(Also, 1:24's are possible without breaking track limits, did a 1:24.6 a few days back :) )

I am looking forward that we will have some race marshalls during the races :)

For all others here a small reminder:

217378 217379

In the past we were very "kind" with the tracklimits that means no real punishment, no drive through, nothing at all... But in the last few races I am seeing it a lot that people do not stay in the track limits... That is actually racerule nr.1 here in TGC: "Stay at least with 2 wheels into the white lines."

For our further events if we see some people not taking the track limits seriously they will get penalties (in form of a drive through) or even a race exclusion for the next race. I can fully understand if you are misbreaking at one point and going outside the track. Happened to everybody, nobody is perfect (even me :p :D) but it should not be the standard. We are just looking forward to the leagues because in this case you will get DQ if you are not staying into the track limits. I hope everybody will understand that :)

Another rule some people did not know about is this one here:
*You are not allowed to leave the session until the game returns you to the lobby. This ensures any replays required for bug hunting or video creation contain all the correct vehicles.
In this case you can go back to the pits and act as a race marshall or just enjoy the race, its totally up to you :)

Allright, see ya all on sunday :p

PzR Slim
05-09-2015, 18:21
Not sure I'll make it back for tomorrows race. My brother in law, in his infinite wisdom, decided to have his second son christened at a church which is a four hour drive away, even though he lives in the same city as me! So we have to drive for four hours, spend an hour at a christening and then turn straight back round and drive home for another four hours! Even if I make it back in time I might not fancy racing. So if I'm not around I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 20:10
*You are not allowed to leave the session until the game returns you to the lobby. This ensures any replays required for bug hunting or video creation contain all the correct vehicles.
In this case you can go back to the pits and act as a race marshall or just enjoy the race, its totally up to you

Sorry t0day, just to clarify, what situation are we talking about here?

Alex Hobbs
05-09-2015, 20:28
Sorry t0day, just to clarify, what situation are we talking about here?

Sometimes people give up on the race for whatever reason, and sometimes they mistakenly think that disconnecting is the right thing to do :)

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 20:43
Sometimes people give up on the race for whatever reason, and sometimes they mistakenly think that disconnecting is the right thing to do :)

Yeh ok, but you can't expect people to stay connected for the remainder of the race if for whatever reason they have to leave, we used to ask that people to do that pre-release because of disconnect problems, I can sort of understand it if they just want to give up because they are having a shite race or their just not enjoying it, you can ask if they don't mind staying, but if they want to leave or have to you can't demand they stay, or either I'm misunderstanding the quote.

Neil Bateman
05-09-2015, 20:54
Might give this a miss, can barely get in the 1:27's even on low fuel.

Plain and simple just cant drive the car, cant turn it, cant stop it, tried hobbs set up and front left overheats on 2nd lap, front right on 3rd lap, with braking on default I cant slow down, lower pressure helps the locking up but trying to move bias a little to the front and it goes straight, move a little to the rear and the back end wants a date with the front.

Never had this much trouble driving a car and don't want to spend an evening moving out of everyone's way, too slow and always on the verge of spinning somewhere round the lap, i will be more of a liability than anything else.

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:00
Yeh ok, but you can't expect people to stay connected for the remainder of the race if for whatever reason they have to leave, we used to ask that people to do that pre-release because of disconnect problems, I can sort of understand it if they just want to give up because they are having a shite race or their just not enjoying it, you can ask if they don't mind staying, but if they want to leave or have to you can't demand they stay, or either I'm misunderstanding the quote.

You absolutely can, if they have started the race they can obviously give up the time to be online until the end, if it all goes wrong and they don't wish to keep racing they can retire to pits and walk away from the PC if they must, its fair enough to ask people to not quit the lobby in order to preserve the replays for everyone else.

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:03
Might give this a miss, can barely get in the 1:27's even on low fuel.

Plain and simple just cant drive the car, cant turn it, cant stop it, tried hobbs set up and front left overheats on 2nd lap, front right on 3rd lap, with braking on default I cant slow down, lower pressure helps the locking up but trying to move bias a little to the front and it goes straight, move a little to the rear and the back end wants a date with the front.

Never had this much trouble driving a car and don't want to spend an evening moving out of everyone's way, too slow and always on the verge of spinning somewhere round the lap, i will be more of a liability than anything else.

I wouldn't worry about it, my fastest so far is a 28.3 (I swear I crossed the line at 27.X but it was recorded as 28.3 so meh) the car is tricky but it can be rewarding when you get it right. I also think that the 25s listed are likely to be the exception rather than the rule, I expect for most race pace will be 26-28s and hopefully we will have good battles up and down the field, its a tricky car but one that seems to work well for close battling :)

I am yet to try Hobbs' setup but I am hoping it helps my laptimes as I am a fair chunk off at the moment, I will try to throw a few hours at it tomorrow before the races!

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 21:10
its fair enough to ask people to not quit the lobby

That quote there is the true quote, the word ask is the correct word, but if they don't want to stay connected there is nothing you can do about it, it's their choice.

Timmynator
05-09-2015, 21:11
Can I ask again if those of us who don't currently have the respective DLC can choose the car through the host lobby?

I was hoping the car was ok on default setup but the comments here don't really fill me with any hope of being competitive (never mind not even having started pCARS at all since last week - RL interferometer at 100%)...

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:15
That quote there is the true quote, the word ask is the correct word, but if they don't want to stay connected there is nothing you can do about it, it's their choice.

Absolutely we can only ask, like we can only ask that any of our rules are followed, I think I am missing your point?

Can I ask again if those of us who don't currently have the respective DLC can choose the car through the host lobby?

I was hoping the car was ok on default setup but the comments here don't really fill me with any hope of being competitive (never mind not even having started pCARS at all since last week - RL interferometer at 100%)...

Yup, if the car is forced by the lobby host you will be able to drive it. As for the setup question I am still undecided, I didn't find much time with tuning but I am rubbish at tuning. Either way if you can be around tomorrow there will be people on at least an hour early so you won't be going in totally blind!

miagi
05-09-2015, 21:27
Gopher thinks we can't sneak Solid Snake quick enough into the room of a person that wants to quite to prevent him from leaving... all I can say, never underestimate Solid Snake!!!

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/82574-/chibi-550x.jpg

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 21:34
Absolutely we can only ask, like we can only ask that any of our rules are followed, I think I am missing your point?

The point is this quote..

In this case you can go back to the pits and act as a race marshall or just enjoy the race, its totally up to you

Gopher thinks we can't sneak Solid Snake quick enough into the room of a person that wants to quite to prevent him from leaving... all I can say, never underestimate Solid Snake!!!

You've been playing Metal Gear to much miagi..

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:38
The point is this quote..

That just agrees with my post, the rule is that if you don't want to or can't continue racing you stay in the lobby until the race is complete and people have saved their replays, this is now much better than it was previously as you can retire to pits to spectate rather than needing to park up on track.

If you are saying that this is unenforceable then I don't agree, it is exactly as enforceable as any of our other rules and it is noted when people are leaving the lobbies before a session is complete.

t0daY
05-09-2015, 21:43
If you attend to the race you planned the time to finish the race anyway... so I do not see a problem here if something is going wrong that you are stay at the lobby... Because normally you would stay anyway to finish the race... Or am I missing sth here?

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 21:45
Driving rules and standards are very acceptable rules, dictating when people can leave a game or turn off their PC aren't, and to actually note when people are leaving the lobby like in a little black book are very sad.

If you attend to the race you planned the time to finish the race anyway

Because stuff happens sometimes, what are you going to do if people have no choice in having to leave or aren't prepared to leave their own PC's on? 3 strikes and your out..

t0daY
05-09-2015, 21:47
Driving rules and standards are very acceptable rules, dictating when people can leave a game or turn off their PC aren't, and to actually note when people are leaving the lobby like in a little black book are very sad.

You are missing my point completly. But I do not want to discuss. It is the rule and thats it. Sorry..

*edit* We are talking here about incidents when people DC'd when they had 2 crashes and just no more motivation or maybe because they were last. If "stuff" happens and you have to go because I dont know your mom is in the hospital.. Definitely leave the race... Again gopher you are missing our point

Alex Hobbs
05-09-2015, 21:51
Jeez lighten up goph, no need to play the french resistance :)

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:52

There is a big difference between leaving a race because you have spun one too many times and got fed up and leaving because something has come up and you need to go and do something else, we understand this.

As both myself and t0daY have said though, (in almost all circumstances) if you start a race you know you are able to finish it, if for whatever reason you subsequently decide you can't or won't finish there is nothing stopping you from leaving your PC on or spectating for what is at most going to be around an hour.

Who are you to say what is and what isn't an acceptable rule? Its a rule, it exists for a reason if you don't like it don't race.

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 21:52
You are missing my point completly. But I do not want to discuss. It is the rule and thats it. Sorry..

Then it's a sad day for TGC if the admin feel they can dictate this sort of thing...

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:54
Then it's a sad day for TGC if the admin feel they can dictate this sort of thing...

You are right, it is ludicrous that admin are able to dictate the rules.

t0daY
05-09-2015, 21:54

Day is over in 6 minutes. Maybe TGC got on sunday a better day :) *End of discussion*

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:55
Day is over in 6 minutes. Maybe TGC got on sunday a better day :) *End of discussion*

Another hour to go over here mate ;)

t0daY
05-09-2015, 21:56
Another hour to go over here mate ;)

Sad for the UK then... I am sorry... :D sooooooooo saaaaaaaad :(

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 21:56
Sad for the UK then... I am sorry... :D sooooooooo saaaaaaaad :(

It is going to be a tough time, I will endure though :D

miagi
05-09-2015, 21:59
It's really simple if you don't try to make it look complicated. Bottom line is, if you attempt a race on a Sunday evening, stay in till the end, you can quite to pit box if you don't want or can't drive on. If a catastrophe appearers, ppl can leave ofc, but that should be rather rare on a Sunday evening as catastrophes usually happen on Monday.

On Wednesday, if someone gets called work, bad luck, then he or she has too leave, no problem as long as it doesn't happen ever second time or so...

falcon2081
05-09-2015, 22:03
Gopher I honestly don't understand why you have to keep nit picking this kind of stuff. Had you been in the last couple of races you would know most of us agreed to stay in the race and help out as pit marshal and wait until the end for the saved replay. This is because as of this moment the replay system is bugged you know this. We all understand if there's a emergency you're going to leave regardless. But if you plan on racing then its obvious you planned on being there until the end. Heck most of us had to retire to pits during the Sakitto Race because of the dip & flip. We all stayed until the end. No one complained.

You know what's sad? A dedicated member of the TGC who let's face it almost never races has to keep on complaining on everything the admin team does. Honestly, if the current admin stopped doing what they were doing TGC would have disbanded 1-2 months ago. We all love this group and want to see it thrive.

Gopher04
05-09-2015, 22:10
Jeez lighten up goph, no need to play the french resistance :)

Don't need to m8, I find it very funny that you guys find it very hard to understand the point that racing rules you can enforce as already said, but you can't tell people what they do with their time and their PC, doesn't matter if they had created time to run the race.

Who are you to say what is and what isn't an acceptable rule? Its a rule, it exists for a reason if you don't like it don't race.

It is everyone given right to question anything, and any rule Pam, what seems to be the problem is some of the admin don't like being questioned.

Gopher I honestly don't understand why you have to keep nit picking this kind of stuff. Had you been in the last couple of races you would know most of us agreed to stay in the race and help out as pit marshal and wait until the end for the saved replay. This is because as of this moment the replay system is bugged you know this. We all understand if there's a emergency you're going to leave regardless. But if you plan on racing then its obvious you planned on being there until the end. Heck most of us had to retire to pits during the Sakitto Race because of the dip & flip. We all stayed until the end. No one complained.

You know what's sad? A dedicated member of the TGC who let's face it almost never races has to keep on complaining on everything the admin team does. Honestly, if the current admin stopped doing what they were doing TGC would have disbanded 1-2 months ago. We all love this group and want to see it thrive.

I have many reasons why I don't race at the moment, as for complaining what I asked for at the 1st point was to get something to be clarified, as for the replays no I wasn't aware of, but what is happening is its making something very clear to me now.

t0daY
05-09-2015, 22:18
Don't need to m8, I find it very funny that you guys find it very hard to understand the point that racing rules you can enforce as already said, but you can't tell people what they do with their time and their PC, doesn't matter if they had created time to run the race.

It is everyone given right to question anything, and any rule Pam, what seems to be the problem is some of the admin don't like being questioned.

I have many reasons why I don't race at the moment, as for complaining what I asked for at the 1st point was to get something to be clarified, as for the replays no I wasn't aware of, but what is happening is its making something very clear to me now.

Last comment from me about this topic. It is the rule. No changes. Finito. If you dont like it, dont race with us (what you are already doing) and everyone is happy. I am tired of discussing here in the forums to be honest...

You can join us in teamspeak and we can discuss about it there :)

Pamellaaa
05-09-2015, 22:21

It is, no doubt about that.

As admin we have no issue being questioned at all, many times we have been questioned and have changed our approach as a result, if anything I would say we welcome it.

If you have an agenda tell someone and if TGC admin and leaders collectively agree with you we will make a change, don't post conspiratorial bullshit constantly and take backhanded stabs at admin for no good reason.

Timmynator
05-09-2015, 22:49
I think once again we all need to take a deep breath and have some non-related comedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7CPqZO_IDU&start=27

t0daY
05-09-2015, 22:55
I think once again we all need to take a deep breath and have some non-related comedy:

I actually waited for your comedy post :D :D Awesoooome :) :D

Timmynator
05-09-2015, 23:00
You're welcome ;)

BumperCarrotNL
05-09-2015, 23:13
so i gave hobbs' settings a try and i was doing 33's which is nearly 4 seconds slower than my original setup. so i tweaked my own setup a bit and i did a 1:29 but i can do a 1:28 at ease with a few more laps of practice in. might even drop my time to high 27's in the first race

Alex Hobbs
05-09-2015, 23:40
so i gave hobbs' settings a try and i was doing 33's which is nearly 4 seconds slower than my original setup.

I did warn you it might not work for everyone! :P

wodm
06-09-2015, 01:32
i dont wish to get involved in the debate about rules and people hanging around, however, i will say this. there are many people on here and not all of them speak the same language. Rather than getting arsey about have to / should... or will / would like you to (for example) how about remembering one simple thing, they are rules and or requests. This isnt a courtroom or an English exam. If you want to race then you have dedicated 1.5 to 2 hours to that race, if you leave the race you are asked to spectate or at the very least, not quit out. This is so as to not affect the other peoples replays etc. it's not an order, it's something asked of members, no one has a gun to your head.

I really dont see the issue other than pedantry. seriously.... ?

Giovtec
06-09-2015, 02:27
so i gave hobbs' settings a try and i was doing 33's which is nearly 4 seconds slower than my original setup. so i tweaked my own setup a bit and i did a 1:29 but i can do a 1:28 at ease with a few more laps of practice in. might even drop my time to high 27's in the first race

yeah I tried hobbs too (set up :rolleyes:), but i think it is meant to be for drivers with 3 arms and 3 legs.. :B

quick update! my time from TT was done with ABS/on and T. Control/on, didn't mean to do that, but now I am trying to fix that with all assist off. :cool:

Thanks Falcon for being so helpful :love_heart: ;)

falcon2081
06-09-2015, 03:11
i dont wish to get involved in the debate about rules and people hanging around, however, i will say this. there are many people on here and not all of them speak the same language. Rather than getting arsey about have to / should... or will / would like you to (for example) how about remembering one simple thing, they are rules and or requests. This isnt a courtroom or an English exam. If you want to race then you have dedicated 1.5 to 2 hours to that race, if you leave the race you are asked to spectate or at the very least, not quit out. This is so as to not affect the other peoples replays etc. it's not an order, it's something asked of members, no one has a gun to your head.

I really dont see the issue other than pedantry. seriously.... ?

It's a non-issue with current members. I don't want to fan the flame more so I'll keep it at that.

yeah I tried hobbs too (set up :rolleyes:), but i think it is meant to be for drivers with 3 arms and 3 legs.. :B

quick update! my time from TT was done with ABS/on and T. Control/on, didn't mean to do that, but now I am trying to fix that with all assist off. :cool:

Thanks Falcon for being so helpful :love_heart: ;)

Congrats buddy! I knew you could do 26's ;)

Neil Bateman
06-09-2015, 06:58
I got real assists on in game so does that mean i have been using ABS and TC by default, and is it better to have them all turned off bearing in mind i am using the default set up.

I really want to race but have no confidence at all with this car.

Tricky
06-09-2015, 07:58
My 2 cents, Gopher is right, not leaving can't be a rule, only a request. Seems a bit of a moot point when cars don't seem to disappear from the replay any more, and the other replay bugs happen regardless.

Anyway, I got the BMW better if not perfect last night. I seem to lose a lot on the low speed exits for some reason. I can share some setup stuff later but I'm not sure I'm a great person to copy from :)

Gopher04
06-09-2015, 08:21
My final post..
don't post conspiratorial bullshit constantly and take backhanded stabs at admin for no good reason. you really need to take a back seat Pam, that quote and how you have worded it shows hows wrong you are for the position.

Thx's Tricky, and it's not just because he just agree's, it's the fact he saw the point straight away and made a simple post.

t0daY
06-09-2015, 08:28
My final post.. you really need to take a back seat Pam, that quote and how you have worded it shows hows wrong you are for the position.

Thx's Tricky, and it's not just because he just agree's, it's the fact he saw the point straight away and made a simple post.

... and falcon/miagi saw our point and made also a simple post... We are later all on the teamspeak there we can discuss your problem and work it out... But seriously we should not discuss everything here in the forums... Feel free to join us later in teamspeak, if not, the problem seems not big enough for you...

See ya all later in the race :)

Tricky
06-09-2015, 09:08
On a lighter note, DICE seemed to have seen pcars dip'n'flip and thought it was a good feature to add to Battlefield.

http://gfycat.com/HairyDelightfulAxolotl

They still need to work on the flip.

Alex Hobbs
06-09-2015, 09:36
Just out of curiosity, could anyone thats having trouble with the setup I posted actually say what trouble they're having? :)

miagi
06-09-2015, 09:38
My final post.. you really need to take a back seat Pam, that quote and how you have worded it shows hows wrong you are for the position.

God dammit Gopher, enough is enough. We can all call us lucky that there are ppl here willing to organize and put the effort in for TGC so we have races and a organization. You yourself are obviously to lazy to organize anything for the TGC even though you have been asked to. So I dare you to call anyone out as not qualified.
In the last months a few passionate new members were working on saving TGC from coming to a full halt, it's thanks to them that there is anything going on.