PDA

View Full Version : For the attention of the true sim racing enthusiast - Wheel's only league/event's

Freddyforehand
01-06-2015, 17:15
www.VRroom.org are currently looking for 500 true sim racers for reasons that will be made clear at a later date.
Vrroom as been successful over the last 4ys because we only allow the true sim racing enthusiast to take part in our organisation and we pride ourselves on the real racing environment in which we provide. We have racing with us several GT Academy finalist and guys with real world race licenses.

Our induction rooms are now open for you to sign up and get involved but be warned this is a very professionally run website that requires 2 things.. A wheel and a real world attitude to sim racing.

daddyboosive
01-06-2015, 17:37
This looks very interesting.... I can only use my wheel on weekends atm as I work away. But I'm looking to have a second wheel setup at my work accom within the next month. Am I still ok to sign up now though?

Freddyforehand
01-06-2015, 18:34
We still have 1 or 2 lads still waiting on their wheels to .. Yea its cool if we know that your definitely getting one.

Freddyforehand
03-06-2015, 14:43
We are running induction rooms tonight .. Get yourself signed up .. www.VRroom.org

Fong74
03-06-2015, 14:53
Nice! Signed in. Good luck with your site!

Freddyforehand
03-06-2015, 15:33
VRroom has been a invitation only website for many years and now we ready to open our doors to the public.

We are a wheel only website that pride ourselves on clean competitive racing and over the last few years we have successfully built up a community that consists of mature and in some cases professional racing drivers. We run induction rooms where we will hand out provisional licenses that are used to gain entry to our Race Now Events (our nightly rooms) racing within these rooms you may be given a official VR License and this is when VRroom is truly opens up for you to see what it is we really do??
We use our own unique software to run our Virtual Career (this is only accessible to members with a official VR license) here you will have access to many tools enabling you to set up your own Race Team, your own Team HQ etc... This is where the £££ comes in - Once you built up your team this is when you will gain entry to our real racing, without giving to much away lets just say that every 2 month you and your team could be walking away with up to £500

All the above has been tried and tested and is now ready for your enjoyment. Unfortunately we do keep a lot of the website locked until you have the relevant licenses, this is because we have a very unique way of running our website that will just keep on blowing your mind the deeper you come down this rabbit hole.

Freddyforehand
03-06-2015, 16:03
I see your name on the website.. Welcome my friend. To get involved in what we do you will need to sign up for a induction room (calendar at the bottom of the website) we are running one tonight between 20:00-22:00 GMT .. Just add VR-Mustard to your friends list and he will send you a invitation. Good luck.

dave64
03-06-2015, 16:05
just signed up

Freddyforehand
03-06-2015, 16:25
Welcome to the website my friend. Please sign up for th next induction room, we are currently running them 3 night a week. Please don't be intimidated this is just a informal meet and greet to make sure that no pad or unruly drivers slip through the net. Also because Mustard's a control freak lol .. Make sure that you add VR-Mustard to your friends list and he will send you a invitation on the night from 19:30 onwards. See you on the track.

Freddyforehand
03-06-2015, 17:01
We are currently under construction so many sections of the website will be getting changed/updated over the following weeks .. Sign up and scroll down to the bottom of the website, you will see a calendar and its here you will find our induction rooms. www.VRroom.org

Oh and yes lol that is a typo in the title .. It should read 'professional sim racing organisation' .. ;)

Freddyforehand
04-06-2015, 13:55
Just want to welcome all the new lads who breezed through their induction this week and are now racing at VRroom. Enjoy your racing guys, im sure you will.

Freddyforehand
04-06-2015, 14:07
Congratulations to team AGD RACING who have just won our 1st projects cars race series sponsorship provided by dipbrothers.co.uk .. each of the 4 team members have just walked away with £96 .. Well done lads though close isn't the word, Slash and co were 4 points behind going into that last race.

Looking forward to starting back up properly again my next month.. Good start lads.

Freddyforehand
05-06-2015, 10:31
We have had 38 new members sign up this week which 23 of you laads have been given a provisional license. These lads are now all racing in Race Now Event at VRroom. Welcome to the family.

Freddyforehand
05-06-2015, 10:42
Believe me when i tell you that non of these other leagues will offer you for free i might add, the level of commitment and the sheer volume of races we offer at VRroom. We have over 15 Race Officials who regularly give up their time to marshal these room. We have a very unique Virtual economy system where our members are constantly racing for VR credits that can be used to purchase a team HQ and purchase other drivers for their teem etc. VRroom is like i said very unique and head and shoulders above the competition. We only deal with true simracing enthusiast so no time wasters please.

Get yourselves over to www.VRroom.org and see for yourself what all the fuss is about.

HewisLamilton6
05-06-2015, 11:23
I am member of VRROOM.ORG!! If your looking for clean racers that respect you and your car get on it!!

http://www.vrroom.org/index.php/kunena/road/2085-project-cars-event-bac

This link is a small thread about a race now event we had the other night!!

VR-42
05-06-2015, 12:15
A great place to come and race, You dont need to be the fastest out there you just need to be clean and respectful. as we have a large spread of speeds in our drivers so you will always get a race on.
come and give us a look.

chig88
05-06-2015, 13:11
This looks promising - might give it a go.

Question about the induction - do I need a headset? My headset plugs straight into the DS4, & obviously I can't have the DS4 and the wheel on at the same time.

chig88
05-06-2015, 13:11
Double post - could you remove mods? Thanks

Freddyforehand
05-06-2015, 14:32
Headsets are not important, wheels and race awareness are ... Get yourself signed up my friend.

Slicker_VR
05-06-2015, 16:17

Question about the induction - do I need a headset? My headset plugs straight into the DS4, & obviously I can't have the DS4 and the wheel on at the same time.

which wheel are you using?

chig88
05-06-2015, 17:05
which wheel are you using?

Using T300rs with F1 add on

VR_Green
05-06-2015, 20:01

you can use your pad and wheel together mate, the mic will still work....just the pad will not work as a controller if your wheel is plugged in!

well its always worked for me.

chig88
05-06-2015, 20:55
you can use your pad and wheel together mate, the mic will still work....just the pad will not work as a controller if your wheel is plugged in!

Thanks - I'll give it a go!

Slicker_VR
06-06-2015, 10:06

that's what i was going to say :)

Freddyforehand
06-06-2015, 12:00
We are a free website that doesn't ask our members for a penny as we believe that its our members who make this community what it is. We don't have google adsense plastered all over our site as money is second to quality and presentation. Get yourselves signed up to www.VRroom.org

_MB_
06-06-2015, 23:49
What days and times do you guys generally race on?

Sonny Crockett
07-06-2015, 08:00
You know there is an edit function right? So you dont have to post EVERYTIME a new post. Keep it readable.

thydney1970
07-06-2015, 08:32
is the league only for psn-members or are pc-driven leagues also available? is the membership free of charge or what get i charged by year for a full membership? i am looking for a professional league community for project cars and thats why i am really interested. thanks a lot for further information.

Freddyforehand
07-06-2015, 13:17
MB .. We have races/rooms open every night of the week. Saturday is endurance and Sunday is for leagues, but you will need to sign up for a induction room 1st Mon, Wed or Friday. These are 45mins max and designed to keep out non simracing enthusiast if you know what i mean. Once inducted you will be able to join our Race Now Events, these are our nightly races.

Please note that most of our website is locked off from the general public and you will need the relevant race license to unlock different sections of the website.

Freddyforehand
07-06-2015, 13:33
We are a PS4 league with a unique website structure that is all locked off from the general public and you need the relevant race license to unlock sections of the website. We are hoping to get a PC sections up and running soon, infact im speaking with a few different PC simracing communitys as we speak, i will update on this asap.

If there are any serious PC communitys who would be interested in getting on board with www.VRroom.org then i would certainly make it worth there while ;) we have BIG plans for the future and are certainly not just another micky mouse website that popped up. We have been a invitation only site for over 4y and i can ensure you that all of our members are very clean, very race competent and all have the same real world attitude when it comes to racing.

Freddyforehand
07-06-2015, 13:39
Our drivers get paid for racing not charged for it lol .. These other websites that charged their community for doing this are usually kids and have no ambition or creativity, they just wack adsence all over their website and put up a donation button lol job done!

Like i said we are a very unique website that looks after all members and everyone is treated like family.

_MB_
07-06-2015, 15:25
Days are not so much of an issue i can usually be on 3-4 times a week however it will be a push getting on much before 8:30pm would that be too late,i know alot of places have earlier starts?
Im a experienced league driver and inductions was the main reason i've shown interest in this thread.With inductions how many original members take part in this?or is it just new members being watched over as i would like to see if your group is suitable for me as much as it is for you,would like to if possible join in with a couple of practice nights?

HewisLamilton6
08-06-2015, 07:02
Another cracking nights racing last night. 12+ cars taking turn 1 and not even one bit of paint swapping! Its good to have people around you that you can trust!! If your looking for like minded people who can respect you and your car vroom.org is the place to race!! With the forced in-car view its a level playing field for everyone!!

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 11:19
www.VRroom.org get paid to race

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 11:27
MB.. If you have a wheel my friend then your not going to have a problem.. Add VR-Mustard to your friends list and i will see you on the track. You can join as late as you need to, it's not a problem.
We run 3 x20min races a night with practice and qualification so you may miss the first race.

All i ask is that you either sign up to a induction room first or add my today and when your on next i will invite you to one of our lobby's. This is so that we can give you a race licence.

Looking forward to seeing you on the track my friend.

Zenzic
08-06-2015, 12:45
I'm getting mixed signals. On the one hand you point out that quality goes above money, on the other hand you mention getting paid as the motivator to join your website. Is there a fee to take part in your events?

Sonny Crockett
08-06-2015, 13:11
I'm getting mixed signals. On the one hand you point out that quality goes above money, on the other hand you mention getting paid as the motivator to join your website. Is there a fee to take part in your events?

Yeah, would like to know too

_MB_
08-06-2015, 13:11
Will add you both either tonight or tomorrow depending when i can get on.I take it your psn is the same as your username here?
I'll have a look at your site bit later and whatever sign up stuff i need to do there.
Cheers
MB

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 13:53
This looks brilliant. Shame you don't allow pads or have a pad only section. I'm really good with a pad and its hard finding people to race with, especially on big sites where theres more than 20 people but are wheel only. I'm especially looking for not just league racing but people who will race daily or least have the option to race others daily

Edit - I'm saving for a wheel but it will be a budget wheel like a T100 but going from some sites, it could be months before any are available

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 15:19
Yeah, would like to know too
What happens is you join one of our induction nights just to make sure your what we're looking for then you will receive a provisional license. You can then take part in our Race Now events (races every night) this is the first stage....
We have another level on this website that's locked from public view. Once you've been racing with us for a bit we will give you a Official VR Race Licence and this is when things open up so to speak... WE DO NOT CHARGE MEMBERS FOR WHAT WE DO... We have our own economy system built into the site where your racing for virtual credits which are used to purchase a team HQ, team members etc.
A lot more goes on behind closed doors which im not willing to go into on this forum.

Answer to your question is NO WE DON'T CHANGE AND YES IF YOUR GOOD ENOUGH THEN YOU WILL BE PAID TO RACE... This isn't a incentive it is a reward.

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 15:26
You make your own money and the website takes none. Hard to believe but the truth.
Our website doesn't need to make money from Google adsense etc and believe me we could with the amount of unique hits we get.

Like i said we've been around for a long time and you've only been able to get involved by invitation only why we where testing etc.. Now we're ready for the masses.

No nonsense super clean racing.. Get yourselves signed up to one of our induction rooms.

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 15:32
Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate pad players. This is purely because of what we do and you need to understand that we have members on this website who have spent in excess of 15k on their set ups so to ask them to race against pad players isn't feasibly.

Sorry about that my friend and I'm well aware that there are some great and very clean pad players out there but we are a very different website that as real racers racing with us. Hopefully we will see you on a wheel at some point then get yourself signed up for a induction night.

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 15:40
I get that. I was really asking why you don't set up pad leagues or something to get more people racing while you can show the benefits of a wheel.

I've never had a wheel, because there really isn't any serious pad leagues to get me to race competitively, so I've been a serious casual racer so I haven't seen the justification in having a wheel to just race AI and rammers

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 17:34
It does seem to be a catch22 im afraid Rob .. In general your going to find that pad players are gamers so they will never treat what we do in the same way as the guy on the wheel.. When you get a wheel you then start respecting the game which then becomes a hobby and our website isn't designed or set up for gamers im afraid.

I understand your frustration Rob but take the plunge and get yourselves a T300 if your serious about simracing and if your pretty good on that pad then believe me m8 it won't take long on the wheel. Get yourself signed up to our community and when you do get the wheel i promise you some of the cleanest and closest racing you've ever seen.

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 17:40
The thing is guys is that if everyone could do it then they would ... And thats why we keep a good thing to ourselves but believe me when i tell you that our top 14 drivers get paid for what they love doing and if you want a shot at becoming one of these top 14 then get yourselves over to www.VRroom.org .. An remember a reward not a incentive, we look after our community NOT CHARGE THEM !

Freddyforehand
08-06-2015, 23:16
Some real quality members joining last week and now we get 5 more in one night .. I know 1 or 2 of you got to race in one of tonights rooms, spot on lads, welcome to the website.

MLT24
09-06-2015, 03:38
I signed up. Did email verification. Brought me back to websight but wouldn't let me sign in. Waiting on next step. PSN: MLT24

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 08:07
It does seem to be a catch22 im afraid Rob .. In general your going to find that pad players are gamers so they will never treat what we do in the same way as the guy on the wheel.. When you get a wheel you then start respecting the game which then becomes a hobby and our website isn't designed or set up for gamers im afraid.

I understand your frustration Rob but take the plunge and get yourselves a T300 if your serious about simracing and if your pretty good on that pad then believe me m8 it won't take long on the wheel. Get yourself signed up to our community and when you do get the wheel i promise you some of the cleanest and closest racing you've ever seen.

Wish I could afford a T300, T100 is best I can do when its available. I take Sim and Sim-like games seriously but I just can't afford a decent wheel set up. This is like PC Vs Consoles, stupid arguments really

Freddyforehand
09-06-2015, 11:00
MLT24 I'm so sorry my friend i had 5 lads in the induction room last night and because sometimes people use different user names to their psn this can happen. Not to sure if this is what's happened here? Also did you add VR-Mustard to your friends list?

Step 1# make an account and confirm your email..
Step 2# sign up for the induction room and add the host -VR-Mustard
Step 3# at 19:30 send the host a text if your psn Id is different to your user name.

The other 4 new lads all got seen last night and we're all spot on i might add.
Just add VR-Mustard and you will see a new thread on the website asking you for your psn Id if it's different from your user name

_MB_
09-06-2015, 13:21
Thanks for squeezing me in for the induction last night i know it was a bit late when i got on!
Looking forward to jumping in,looks to be a good professional bunch of lads :)
Cheers
MB

MLT24
09-06-2015, 15:17
Just frienfed vr mustard on psn. I did confirm with email link. My user name and psn is the same. Website won't let me log in.

MLT24
09-06-2015, 15:20
Update. Got logged in. Website puts your email in as user name. That does not work. Changed to my psn-user name and it worked.

MLT24
09-06-2015, 15:24
Trying to click on 9th green button calendar for induction room but it does nothing? 19:30. What time zone is that? I'm eastern standard time. Usa.

Freddyforehand
09-06-2015, 16:59
Going to set up a private chat now and speak to you, Can't really understand whats going on im afraid my friend.

Slicker_VR
09-06-2015, 22:44
good to see so many excellent new drivers - exciting times for vrroom :D

mister dog
09-06-2015, 22:48
This looks brilliant. Shame you don't allow pads or have a pad only section. I'm really good with a pad and its hard finding people to race with, especially on big sites where theres more than 20 people but are wheel only. I'm especially looking for not just league racing but people who will race daily or least have the option to race others daily

Edit - I'm saving for a wheel but it will be a budget wheel like a T100 but going from some sites, it could be months before any are available

Imagine the hurt when someone would beat the pro's with a pad :D

Freddyforehand
10-06-2015, 01:38
We use no Abs no TC basically no driving aids whatsoever so finding pad players to keep up really is the problem my friend.

I don't really want to get into a pad v wheel debate.. our members really won't race against pad players on this game/sim it's that simple. Sorry lads.

Freddyforehand
10-06-2015, 11:11
We have had 86 new members over the last 2 weeks in which 48 have now received a provisional license. You guys have been spot on and exactly what we're looking for.

We have something very special coming to Vrroom for next month to keep you entertained ;) so watch this space.
To everyone else out there you really don't know what your missing out on guys.. Get yourselves over to www.VRroom.org and sign up for one of our induction rooms.

RobMUFC1987
11-06-2015, 10:41
We use no Abs no TC basically no driving aids whatsoever so finding pad players to keep up really is the problem my friend.

I don't really want to get into a pad v wheel debate.. our members really won't race against pad players on this game/sim it's that simple. Sorry lads.

Shame I run no assists, relatively fast and very consistent to the point online I've finished on the podium 95% of the time and probably a 60% win rate. When I put the effort in for fast laps, I'm very good, even finishing top 100 in GT Academy on GT5 where a pad user finished 3rd.

Going from your replies, you're just a typical wheel elitist who would cry because a pad user won

Freddyforehand
11-06-2015, 11:10
Lol yes that's it... You know what's always fascinated me is when you get these pad players who are that good that they just don't need a wheel lol... Wondering how fast you are on the wheel because our lads are.. Fast on the wheels that is.
Nothing better than a pad player trying to tell you that they're as good as the lads on a wheel... Lol go get yourself one and we'll see if you can keep up.

RobMUFC1987
11-06-2015, 11:23
Lol yes that's it... You know what's always fascinated me is when you get these pad players who are that good that they just don't need a wheel lol... Wondering how fast you are on the wheel because our lads are.. Fast on the wheels that is.
Nothing better than a pad player trying to tell you that they're as good as the lads on a wheel... Lol go get yourself one and we'll see if you can keep up.

Why should I waste money when I can beat a lot of wheel users?

Funny how pad users claim they're fast, but some wheel users are so scared that they'll lose, they will only race us when we get a wheel?

_MB_
11-06-2015, 11:29
Why should I waste money when I can beat a lot of wheel users?

Funny how pad users claim they're fast, but some wheel users are so scared that they'll lose, they will only race us when we get a wheel?

Rob i don't think it's like that,im new to this group had my 1st race last night,they have put alot of effort in what they do.For these guys it's not just a game all fighting for the win,here it's already clear to me it's a hobby not just a game.

RobMUFC1987
11-06-2015, 11:37
Rob i don't think it's like that,im new to this group had my 1st race last night,they have put alot of effort in what they do.For these guys it's not just a game all fighting for the win,here it's already clear to me it's a hobby not just a game.

It's more of a hobby for us pad users to. Me and a few friends love just going to track, sharing set ups and having wheel to wheel races. Just because we don't have wheels, doesn't mean we don't enjoy the game like you do. Having a wheel doesn't make you more special or better than everyone else. You just have the money/space to do that

_MB_
11-06-2015, 11:46
It's more of a hobby for us pad users to. Me and a few friends love just going to track, sharing set ups and having wheel to wheel races. Just because we don't have wheels, doesn't mean we don't enjoy the game like you do. Having a wheel doesn't make you more special or better than everyone else. You just have the money/space to do that

Im not saying that at all and i've raced against many pad users who are great for many years in leagues but at the end of the day they have spent years building up their site/group and have to respect their requirements. Im sure your fast/respectful and clean like other pad users i've raced but if you let 1 in then you have to also let the masses in to.

RobMUFC1987
11-06-2015, 11:57
But you have initiations so you decide who gets in at the end of the day. Surely any site wants to be the best but alienating people doesn't help. As I've suggested, wouldn't hurt to have pad only leagues

Freddyforehand
11-06-2015, 13:54
Rob i truly am very sorry but we can't have any pad players on our website. I have one or two that had wheels but their wheels aren't compatible with this game so now they to are on pads, but they to can't race with us atm...

Freddyforehand
11-06-2015, 14:01
Our website is a very special place to race and our community are very protective of what we have here at www.VRroom.org So to the guys on the pads please respect that this is just the way it is.

If you knew what we do for our members here Rob I'm sure that you would understand.

VR-42
11-06-2015, 14:19
Rob its got nothing to do with being beaten by a pad driver, But when you make the investment on a full rig and wheel combo I just dont want the unnatural movements of a pad driven car.

_MB_
11-06-2015, 15:22
Got my 1st bit of Vroom action last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5IDlWepQ

Slicker_VR
11-06-2015, 17:50
thanks for posting this vid, mate - good idea :)

VR-42
11-06-2015, 21:19
That was a great race MB, Cadwell park is probably the hardest track in the game for clean online racing, Great respect guys, this is what VRroom is all about.

Freddyforehand
12-06-2015, 11:49
Looked like this was a great race MB. .. Thanks for the upload.
If you want to be part of this 500+ members website then get yourselves over to www.VRroom.org and sign up for one of our induction rooms/nights wheels only.

SaladCream
12-06-2015, 21:49
This website is awesome! Full of like minded racers and the competition is fantastic... Had my first race the other night and the lobby's are clean as they get. Looking forward to more racing with these guys! Thanks Freddyforehand for this thread!

SaladCream
12-06-2015, 22:08
I found this website and it's full of like minded racers! Everyone seems so nice and are very helpful with all my silly questions, not to mention that the website has its own forum! So glad I found this site!!

www.VRroom.org

Can't recommend it enough!

theitalian06
12-06-2015, 22:31
Don't forget are weekly Vrroom endurance racing on Saturday nights.

Check out our website for more info and twitch streams from the night.
90mins GT3 around dubai

theitalian06
12-06-2015, 22:32
Don't forget are weekly Vrroom endurance racing on Saturday nights.

Check out our website for more info and twitch streams from the night.
90mins GT3 around dubai

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 22:42
I just don't find - either here or website - which timezone you are!!!

theitalian06
12-06-2015, 22:43
GMT mate. Any other questions just ask.

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 22:58
If you allow, than I ask!
Thanks for the reply. Your website and organization look quite interesting.
My problem is: due to work, I'm more like a weekend player, so I don't know if I fit your events.

Do you also organize in advance? I mean, I don't like the idea of join a group, and play lots of races of 5 laps each, every time a different track/car. I do know lots of tracks and can manage many cars, but too much surprise if a factor. Is hard to avoid accidents when you land on cold water...

theitalian06
13-06-2015, 07:53
If you allow, than I ask!
Thanks for the reply. Your website and organization look quite interesting.
My problem is: due to work, I'm more like a weekend player, so I don't know if I fit your events.

Do you also organize in advance? I mean, I don't like the idea of join a group, and play lots of races of 5 laps each, every time a different track/car. I do know lots of tracks and can manage many cars, but too much surprise if a factor. Is hard to avoid accidents when you land on cold water...

We organise events either a week or two in advance. This allows everyone to plan their week. A specific track and car is selected for every night this is not changed during the night and three races are run. Saturday are usually endurance nights.
Come and join mate, their is always an event running and you are not forced to take part, It's all up to you really, when you race and what you race.

Anymore questions just ask.:friendly_wink:

c_larkey
13-06-2015, 09:26
to all VRroom staff,

this league is one of the best and well organized leagues I have raced in for a long time, everyone is on point and shows good respect towards everyone
if there is any real sim enthusiasts I encourage you to check this web site www.VRroom.org

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 10:51
Merged. One VRroom thread is enough guys.

SaladCream
13-06-2015, 11:15
Merged. One VRroom thread is enough guys.

I do apologies Bealdor! I wasnt aware there was a thread already made. I'm new to all this forum stuff, I just enjoyed the racing with these guys so much that I wanted everyone to know. Sorry for the inconvenience

lmntr
13-06-2015, 13:06
what are your race and assists settings when you get to race?

theitalian06
13-06-2015, 13:45
We run no assists. Races are usually 15-20 mins long. 3 races per night. One in afternoon, one evening and sometimes one rain

Anymore questions feel free to ask we are happy to respond.

lmntr
13-06-2015, 20:18
Let me understand this so I will recap. You register, you participate in a induction race and if approved you race in one of the weekday/nightly races. The track and race settings are unknown in the nightly races until you enter the race lobby. If you are really good (fast and clean) then you get your higher ranking license to participate in a league. You get paid to participate in the league; which I assume are on weekends and most likely Sundays. There is no charge to participate what so ever. You also need a wheel set. Now, couple of questions. Say, I am clean in your induction but not as fast (finish in bottom third?) Will I get a night race license? Do you have a speed cut off? I assume if I get a night license; I am in and will get to race on the night races no matter where I finish as long as I continue to race clean but will never get a league license unless I am fast. I only have reservations with the secrecy of the night races, I figure participants in general will do their best if the track location is announced. I just got the game and I tend to practice seriously a track at a time and don't do marathon sessions playing as much as I can. I tend to follow a calendar schedule best. I understand those are your rules.

Freddyforehand
13-06-2015, 21:05
We have a calendar.. It's at the bottom of the website and we put a full months worth of them up at the beginning of the month. You will get plenty of time to practice and prepare for any racing you do at Vrroom.

Freddyforehand
13-06-2015, 21:06
Also it doesn't matter how quick you are but you do need to be on a wheel and have had a fair bit of experience.

VR_Green
13-06-2015, 21:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOA1gR7K94o

lmntr
14-06-2015, 01:27
do you guys use a specific car for induction screening?

Freddyforehand
14-06-2015, 11:26
Fantastic racing MR Green .. Great video, a must watch for any racing enthusiast.

Freddyforehand
14-06-2015, 11:29
WE ARE ONLY RUNNING INDUCTION ROOMS FOR ANOTHER 6 WEEKS - THEN OUR DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AGAIN UNFORTUNATELY ... GET YOURSELVES SIGNED UP TO THE HOME OF REAL ONLINE RACING BEFORE ITS TO LATE.

PureMalt77
14-06-2015, 15:20
This is the place I wanted to post that I joined tomorrow's induction.......

Freddyforehand
14-06-2015, 15:59
I do apologize my friend, welcome to VRroom and i'll see you on on track.

SaladCream
15-06-2015, 00:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusnDzokMJM&feature=youtu.be

SaladCream
15-06-2015, 00:42

SaladCream
15-06-2015, 00:44

Freddyforehand
15-06-2015, 10:58
We are only running induction rooms for another 4 weeks or so. We are going to make two induction rooms from next week so that we can except 12 a night rather than just the 6 atm..

If you have a fair bit of experience and your on a wheel then get yourself over to www.VRroom.org and get signed up for one of our induction nights.
See you on the track.

Freddyforehand
15-06-2015, 11:14
The car and track combination for the induction room is classified I'm afraid until the night, this is to ensure that any new drivers to Vrroom can jump in any car/track combination and drive round it properly. I'm not looking for you to drive round at 1000 mph, just list to what's being asked of you in the room.
If you are a seasoned simracer then our induction won't be a problem.. But if your new to the wheel then it will show.

Freddyforehand
15-06-2015, 16:43
Great racing btw SaladCream. Thats yourself me and Slash from the other night right?

SaladCream
16-06-2015, 09:32
Great racing btw SaladCream. Thats yourself me and Slash from the other night right?

I WISH! No this is Evdokas video he posted on the website. Some great hard working lads on this site. I liked this video so thought I would share it here :)

SaladCream
16-06-2015, 09:35
I will put it in perspective, I'm pretty naff and I passed the induction. It's just to get rid of dirty drivers and IMO a quite clever way to do it.

lmntr
16-06-2015, 16:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOA1gR7K94o I have just finished watching the video and I must confess I am impressed with impeccable driving. The whole group showed such restrain where in other cases will have resulted in dive bombs and incidents. You guys should be proud. Is this a league race or one of the nightly races? I am still waiting on my back order wheel.

SaladCream
16-06-2015, 17:53
This is just a fun race after the Race Now Event. It doesn't matter what sort of races these guys do, they are always super clean!

Martynvr
16-06-2015, 20:28
Hello guys, Just signed up and i must say it looks exciting! So here is a question for you:
So if i sign up for the introduction event do i have to be there at 8 o clock or is 9 also fine?

Thank you for you're reply, best regards

Martynvr
17-06-2015, 08:05
Hi Guys, so this seems very interesting!
I am up for the indicuction but do we have to be there at 8 o'clock or can we join also at 9?

What is the right procedure, Just add vr-Mustard as a friend and of course signing in for the event?

Thanks for the reply, best regards!

Freddyforehand
17-06-2015, 11:02
I have just finished watching the video and I must confess I am impressed with impeccable driving. The whole group showed such restrain where in other cases will have resulted in dive bombs and incidents. You guys should be proud. Is this a league race or one of the nightly races? I am still waiting on my back order wheel.

Lol this was a race after we had finished the racing so to speak.. Just a quick cool down race but thank you for your comments.

Freddyforehand
17-06-2015, 11:07
Hello guys, Just signed up and i must say it looks exciting! So here is a question for you:
So if i sign up for the introduction event do i have to be there at 8 o clock or is 9 also fine?

Thank you for you're reply, best regards

From next week we will be running x2 induction rooms every other night.. Mon, Wed and Fri, there's going to be two time slots..
Slot one 20:00 - 21:00
Slot two 21:00 - 22:00

We are very busy atm so sorry for the late reply.. I hope this helps you my friend

Freddyforehand
17-06-2015, 11:09
Just add VR-Mustard and text him on the night.

Freddyforehand
17-06-2015, 17:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tazwHsm0_Xs

A little video from last years team championship .. Watch all of it! Real racing

SaladCream
18-06-2015, 00:18
Wow, you guys even make GT6 look real and in an awfully hard car to drive!

SaladCream
18-06-2015, 00:21
Had a great time in the Clio's tonight, I think Ev said he's making another video :)

Freddyforehand
18-06-2015, 12:56
Great racing again last night guys and it seems that we may need to start up a few more rooms. The new lads have all shown a lot of respect on the track, thank you.

There's not long left people.. If your on the wheel and have a fair bit of experience then get yourself over to www.VRroom.org and get involved in with our community.

Please note that we will be closing our doors in about 4 weeks time.. Not long left!

Freddyforehand
18-06-2015, 13:00
Live streaming of tonight's Race Now event.. RUF RGT GT3
Stream starts from 6 o'clock GMT.. Grab to popcorn sit back and tune into www.twitch.TV/Vrroom_TV or via the website www.VRroom.org

PureMalt77
18-06-2015, 17:55
Can't wait to race with you guys when I have a chance.
I hope to join some race the next weekend (26-28/06).
Until then, keep racing and have fun!

SaladCream
18-06-2015, 23:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uODgQoNvtTI

SaladCream
18-06-2015, 23:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uODgQoNvtTI

An another video done by Evdoka! Looking awesome yet again

Freddyforehand
20-06-2015, 11:50
Great video mate.. Is that a bug? The headlights i mean

_MB_
20-06-2015, 11:50
Another fine race with some of the lads here at VRroom (http://www.vrroom.org/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny6B88LttKk

Freddyforehand
20-06-2015, 11:56
Another great week of racing lads and once again we've had about 10 new drivers this week join our ranks. Welcome to Vrroom guys.. It's great to have this many new members all of which are spot on and super clean.

Not long left people.. Get yourselves signed up to one of our induction nights and get involved in the No1 simracer website.

Freddyforehand
20-06-2015, 12:10
Thank you for the upload MB.. A great watch.

Slicker_VR
20-06-2015, 13:32
Another fine race with some of the lads here at VRroom (http://www.vrroom.org/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny6B88LttKk

isn't this where we're racing tonight?

Freddyforehand
20-06-2015, 21:19
We had a little race in this last night to Slicker.. Great racing again tonight btw guys.

Slicker_VR
22-06-2015, 13:26
looking forward to tonight's ginetta junior racing - maybe i'll get the results i didn't get last night ;)

Fingerbang7227
22-06-2015, 15:03
This looks interesting, waiting another day or two for my wheel and stand to arrive but will be signing up once I've got it all set up and calibrated. Is a headset required?

Freddyforehand
22-06-2015, 15:20
We will be officially closing our doors on Friday 26/06/15 which means only one more week for you to get involved in something really unique .. Our official leagues/competitions will be starting back up in July. Good luck to every member and above everything else lads .. Enjoy your racing.

Thank you for all the interest shown in this thread, now let the games begin!

Freddyforehand
22-06-2015, 15:25
You don't need a headset but its preferred m8.
Quick question - have you used a wheel before this game? Do you have any past simracing experience?

GrimeyDog
23-06-2015, 01:57
Im going to join when i get to my PC.... What time do you run the Races??? Im in New York.

julesdennis
23-06-2015, 11:37
If people want fast-clean racing with really cool guys this is a community that offers all of that.
I think who ever is looking about these things should join.(imo)

PureMalt77
23-06-2015, 14:29
I hope to make use of my provisional license for the 1st time this Friday in the Radical RX8 race, if work allows!

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 15:37
looking forward to watching you race, are you signing up for the TT?

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 15:47
We are a PlayStation only website my friend, I am speaking with a few different PC community's about bringing it all together so watch this space.

We have a very strong community here at VRroom that only deals in professionalism. We have some of the very best PS racers around and are looking to scout a few more.. If you are a clean and competent simracer then get yourself over to www.VRroom.org now and sign up for one of our induction nights.

The best and the cleanest racing you will find on the interweb .. guaranteed.

Fingerbang7227
23-06-2015, 15:48
Sorry to be a pain, but getting stuck in an error loop while trying to sign up for your site: When I click on the verification link I get this error (Capture 1), when I try to login after that error I get another error (Capture2). My psn is fingerbaeng72

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 15:51
Fixed my friend .... No need for you to do anything else, just sign in with you details. I just did it manually for you.

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 15:56

See you on the track my friend.

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 15:57
We are UK GMT btw......

GrimeyDog
23-06-2015, 16:00
I Definitly want to join... im looking for Clean Racers to Run against. There is No Honor and Victory is Not Victory if you have to Cheat to achieve it....Skill against Skill... Run Fast, Push the car Harder and See who Cracks under Pressure First... Its all about that First or Last Mistake!!! Consistency is the key!

GrimeyDog
23-06-2015, 16:05
We are UK GMT btw......

No Problem what time do you race UK time i will set my alarm clock.

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 16:07
Well said my friend .. i'm looking forward to meeting you, make sure that you get yourself signed up to our site because you definitely sound like VRroom material. ;)

PureMalt77
23-06-2015, 16:25
looking forward to watching you race, are you signing up for the TT?

TT??? (sorry for my lack of racing vocabulary!)
Time Trial?
Isle of Man TT? (I'm a biker, but not at iomtt level):beguiled:

tigerpaw11
23-06-2015, 16:27
Hi!

Any f1 leagues coming up, after induction etc etc?

Please say yes ;-)

Fingerbang7227
23-06-2015, 16:41
Fixed my friend .... No need for you to do anything else, just sign in with you details. I just did it manually for you.

Thank you! Although I am still getting the same error as before when I try to login.....

Freddyforehand
23-06-2015, 17:35
I've just sent you a email explaining what the problem is. You are trying to sign up to an event thats locked for provisional license holders only, you need to sign up for a induction night 1st. All the information is on the front page of the website.

tigerpaw11
24-06-2015, 03:58
Ok, then i know. Thanks! ;-)

Freddyforehand
24-06-2015, 15:53
Our induction rooms seem to be full every night so from next week we will be running 2 a night.

If you have a wheel and your tired of racing in these other so called clean lobby's/websites then get yourself involved in a website that rewards its members and really is 110% idiot free. www.VRroom.org we've been around for 5y and have a reputation for being ultra clean, many of our members are racing in the real world and this is why we ask any new members to join us in a induction night 1st. Once you have done one of these nights you are then free to sign up for as many races as you want. We run 2-3 different rooms a night so theres alwas plenty to choose from.

Looking for that perfect group of guys n gals to race with? then get yourselves over to www.VRroom.org now and sign up...

Freddyforehand
24-06-2015, 16:01
All the information is there guys ... Another great week of inductions, 16 great new editions to the website. www.VRroom.org get involved in real clean racing.

tigerpaw11
24-06-2015, 17:54
I take that as a no then, cant see anything about a f1 league on the website.

SaladCream
25-06-2015, 00:28
Fantastic racing in the SLS tonight, Ev was streaming on the website and looked a lot of fun!

SaladCream
25-06-2015, 00:34
Tigerpaw they generally race a bit of everything, they might do a Formula A league but I think they are looking for clean races. Not carnage lol

GrimeyDog
25-06-2015, 02:24
I Had a Great intro Session and im Looking Forward to joining some Races.

tigerpaw11
25-06-2015, 04:07
Thanks Saladcream for your reply:-)

As im only sporadically drive anything else than the f1 car, and have a lack of time, there would be nice to know if they did f1 racing after the induction etc...

Not answering questions a way of avoiding carnage on the track needs rethinking...if thats the case will say.

Freddyforehand
25-06-2015, 11:57
Tigerpaw11 at this point in time we are recruiting the best console simracers out there, and these new members need a few weeks racing together 1st in many different cars/track combinations in order for them to gel with the rest of the website. This is very important and can't be rushed. We have a second level to the site where we league race for virtual credit but like i said we have been around for 5 years and have the very best drivers involved in what we do so we don't want to rush into half ar$ed leagues especially ones that require that amount of talent. No disrespect but in 5y of having the best we still wouldn't attempt racing F1 cars seriously in this game because as much as people fancy themselves as a F1 talent .. They're just not!

Freddyforehand
25-06-2015, 12:06
GrimeyDog you are a great find my friend, thoroughly enjoyed speaking with you last night and i look forward to racing with you in the future. www.VRroom.org bringing the best simracers in the world together .. Don't believe it! Then get yourselves over to our website and see for yourself.

tigerpaw11
25-06-2015, 14:42
So it's a no then ;-)

Freddyforehand
25-06-2015, 15:07
Yes my friend it's a no.. But if you are lucky enough to rise through our ranks to become 1 of the 14 drivers (VR TEAM) then you will be expected to be able to race everything and you will be. We are a very serious sim racing organisation with a really unique end goal ;)

Freddyforehand
25-06-2015, 15:15
From next week www.VRroom.org will be hosting a series of time trials open to everyone with a top prize of £100 (t&c will apply) .. All you need is to make a free account at VRroom. See you soon.

Freddyforehand
25-06-2015, 18:05
We are going to be giving away £50 to 1st - £30 to 2nd - £20 to 3rd ...

What you need is a valid Paypal account and a wheel. Thats it! Make a free account at www.VRroom.org ... More information about this competition and many more like it will be announced this Sunday 28/06/15.

PureMalt77
25-06-2015, 19:24
Hey there!
Just saw the TT event post on vrroom.org (http://vrroom.org) (now I understand what you meant by TT before ...)
Nurbürgring... I guess you mean the whole Nordschleife right?

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 10:09
It is mate yes. This isn't the competition though Malt.. The time trials for £100 is being set up as we speak and will be announced this Sunday.

Get yourselves signed up to www.VRroom.org for a chance to win £100

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 10:17
We have over 550 members of which every single one of them are on a wheel and everyone of them are ultra clean. Over 5y of experience in running event and league's. Professionally run with race officials in every room. Above all else IT'S FREE... Sign up now for a chance to win £100 www.VRroom.org

Slicker_VR
26-06-2015, 11:13
just thought i'd post this video (thanx mr green) of last night's wind-down race (earlier races were 12 laps) to show how good the racing can be on this game - although there is one fairly major incident, it was quickly resolved after the race and big grins all round :D

https://youtu.be/OA91fB3ijDU

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 11:17
Great watch Slicker... This from last night mate?

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 11:22
Big changes coming to the website this Sunday... Stay tuned.

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 11:31
just thought i'd post this video (thanx mr green) of last night's wind-down race (earlier races were 12 laps) to show how good the racing can be on this game - although there is one fairly major incident, it was quickly resolved after the race and big grins all round :D

https://youtu.be/OA91fB3ijDU

A must watch guys.

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 11:35
It seems that may have an issue with another website... Received hate mail this morning from some fool from.. www.matsuoracing.com

I replied on their tread and received an infraction lol. Watch you backs matsuoracing.. I didn't start this but I'll certainly finish it.

PureMalt77
26-06-2015, 11:39
Great vid...
Looking forward for my 1st race tonight!

RantInEMinor
26-06-2015, 11:57
You can certainly sound incredibly childish at times

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 12:11
You have no idea what's been said in private messages my friend and I'm sure if you did then your attitude would change.

Sankyo
26-06-2015, 12:20
Please take personal matters elsewhere, if personal attacks happen here then report them through the available report function.

Freddyforehand
26-06-2015, 13:20
It does seem to be a case of who you known this website not what you know. Lol i wish we had a mod on side, ridiculous. Not to worry as we've used this website for what was needed anyway.

Slicker_VR
26-06-2015, 14:39
probably best to leave it there, freddy ;)

GrimeyDog
26-06-2015, 15:38
Its been a Long Time Since Iv'e been in a Room Full of Clean Racers!!! Being in your Room Has brought Back that Spark i Needed to Push Harder.... You guys are Fast!!!

Iv'e spent most of the time on PCars Tuning Wheel FFB...I have my wheel and Car FFB set up Nicely and i was gettin Board... But after Racing with your Group i See there is Much More to Push for!!! Gears Gears Gears Suspention feels pretty good the way i have the FFB Tweeked... I Know i Need to Fix the Cars Gearing and Maybe a Little Suspension work... I am Motivated again after meeting you guys!!! Cheers.

HewisLamilton6
26-06-2015, 22:25
http://www.twitch.tv/vrroom_tv/v/6506433

This is the sort of stuff we get upto on a tuesday night. Fully marshalled races, no one taking the (MICK) and everyone respecting each others space on the track

PureMalt77
26-06-2015, 22:26
Was nice racing with you all tonight. Demanding track and car, but excellent level. I suffered from lots of oversteer, need to improve my car setups...
I hope I can join tomorrow's TT, but as I'm not sure, did not "reserved " a sit. Will PM the mods if I'm online and there is something free for me!

Freddyforehand
27-06-2015, 13:37
Glad to hear everybody is enjoying it.. We have some more changes coming for next week including a new section for pad players.

Freddyforehand
27-06-2015, 13:42
Got a small team of 8 drivers pads or wheels? Then get yourself signed up for our Demolition Derby event.. This is open to everyone (no licence required) the rules will be explained on the website www.VRroom.org

Basically the idea is to get your team over the line before the others by any means necessary. This is just a bit of fun and a chance to meet other communities.

Freddyforehand
29-06-2015, 11:07
We have a few spots left for this week's induction rooms.. Get over to www.VRroom.org and check it out.

Freddyforehand
29-06-2015, 11:08
Big changes coming to www.VRroom.org this week.. Stay tuned for more information.

Freddyforehand
30-06-2015, 23:54
What to expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1150&v=Ch0-rF1qcuA

Freddyforehand
30-06-2015, 23:57
A great video from another satisfied sim racer
www.VRroom.org

Freddyforehand
01-07-2015, 12:38
www.VRroom.org over 550 members all of which are on wheels..

New leagues starting this month - Head over to our website and get yourself involved.
All our rooms (even our nightly one's) have a Race Official sat in the lobby to oversee the racing. Induction room availability is limited so be quick.

Check out the video above... This is what to expect when you join VRroom.

GrimeyDog
01-07-2015, 14:29
Thanx to VRroom i am Having Fun Racing online Again!!! I Love the All Wheel user Rooms!!! Clean Racers and Very Fast!!! This Group Has Sparked My Fire Back up to Perfect My Racing Line and Run as Hard as i Can!!! This is a Great and Very organised Group. Cheers to All.

wheelsonly
01-07-2015, 20:57
Put me down for your league PSN: wheels-only. Came across from iracing expecting some fair racing, but hard to find!

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 00:32
www.VRroom.org

Get yourself signed up to one of our induction rooms ... I believe theres one more block b4 the website is locked down again.

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 11:20
Threads merged.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 12:26
Thank you Bealdor... Appreciated

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 12:32
www.VRroom.org

Get yourself signed up to one of our induction rooms ... I believe theres one more block b4 the website is locked down again.

This is a video of one of our Race Now Events (our nightly races)

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 13:53
We have rooms/events open every night from 20:00 GMT - all 550+ members are on a wheel - cockpit cam locked - No Aids including abs - Full damage - Race Officials in every room - 100% guaranteed clean and respectful driving by all.

Interested then get yourself over to www.VRroom.org and sign up for one of our 45min induction nights.

Freddyforehand
03-07-2015, 06:13
Morning mods .. :)

VR-42
03-07-2015, 08:11
Great racing last night lads

GrimeyDog
03-07-2015, 10:21
i Had a Great Time with you guys Last Night... My Wheel FFB was going in and out so my Racing was line was way off.... Some How all of my Global FFB settings were Reset to Stock settings which gave me a Huge Dead Zone in the wheel and Pedals.... Thats Probably why my FFB kept going in and out the Global FFB was out of Sync with my Car FFB settings... Tonight is Going to be Better... I can Feel it.... LOL

Slicker_VR
03-07-2015, 11:58
yes, great racing last night - was going to post a video of 3rd race battle with clarkey, but he's missing fom my replay :(

Freddyforehand
04-07-2015, 11:55
To any new members .. Please check your spam box for your confirmation email to join the website. Really sorry about this, don't know why its suddenly started sending the email to your spam but we will get to the bottom of it today.

Anyway this latest wave of induction rooms have seen 60+ new members who i have to say have all got that simracing passion thats required in order to progress through the rank of VRroom. Unfortunately these induction nights are coming to an end and we will once again be closing our doors, don't worry though as we will be opening VRroom up to the world real soon with a VERY UNIQUE NEW CAREERS SYSTEM - .... Get yourself signed up to the best simracing community on the PlayStation and race today.

Freddyforehand
06-07-2015, 13:43
Last chance to get involved in Vrroom guys.. We are only running induction rooms for another week so if your on a wheel and want super clean racing then get yourself signed up over at www.VRroom.org

Please check your spam folder for the conformation email.

tankyx
06-07-2015, 14:35
No PC gamers allowed ?

EDIT : Apparently it is PS4 exclusive, that is sad :(

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 09:00
To be the very best at something.. You need to start at the very beginning and that's what they did with the gaming community, they made them into proper sim racers with a unique system that I've not seen anywhere else. The divide between pc and console is getting smaller and with the introduction of asseta corsa next year my advice is for you to get yourself a PS4

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 09:10
Feedback from new members who have come to www.VRroom.org from other pc communities ie Iracing are all saying the same thing.. We are the real deal guys and gals, come see for yourself.

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 10:06
All our leagues will start back up for the 1st week Aug.. We have 3 more weeks to get everyone involved up to Vrroom standards. Get ready!

You new guys are about to see what makes VRroom so different from all these other websites out there.. Enjoy.

tankyx
07-07-2015, 13:34
To be the very best at something.. You need to start at the very beginning and that's what they did with the gaming community, they made them into proper sim racers with a unique system that I've not seen anywhere else. The divide between pc and console is getting smaller and with the introduction of asseta corsa next year my advice is for you to get yourself a PS4

Ew, I will never buy or play on a console. There is no point as a gamer and a sim racer to come on a PS4. More expensive, less compatible hardware, less powerful ... About VRoom, I guess it will be great, but It is not enough. You could do more.

PureMalt77
07-07-2015, 13:43
Ew, I will never buy or play on a console. There is no point as a gamer and a sim racer to come on a PS4. More expensive, less compatible hardware, less powerful ... About VRoom, I guess it will be great, but It is not enough. You could do more.

This has been a long argument in the fight PC vs Console. But when it comes down to price, I'm not so sure...
I think the console gives you a good 5-7 years of safety, at least is what I've experienced with the PS2 and PS3.
With PC, you have to constantly upgrade. The graphic card you buy today and think is super powerful might be obsolete in 2 years, and you will pay as much as a PS4 just for a new graphic card.
Another argument (at least for me) is portability. Is a whole lot easier to carry a console along than a whole desktop, accessories etc.

Now, I don't disagree that in the specific case of PCars, you have way more possibilities with a PC (and extra $$$): 3 screens, telemetry apps, button boxes, you name it... So I guess is a trade off.

tankyx
07-07-2015, 13:51
This has been a long argument in the fight PC vs Console. But when it comes down to price, I'm not so sure...
I think the console gives you a good 5-7 years of safety, at least is what I've experienced with the PS2 and PS3.
With PC, you have to constantly upgrade. The graphic card you buy today and think is super powerful might be obsolete in 2 years, and you will pay as much as a PS4 just for a new graphic card.
Another argument (at least for me) is portability. Is a whole lot easier to carry a console along than a whole desktop, accessories etc.

I've calculated, and it is long known from PC users, PC is overall a lot cheaper on a 5 years run. You don't have to upgrade every 2 years. My cpu is from 2011, my mobo and ram are from 2012. Both of my hard drive are from 2007 and still rocking. My GFx Card is from mid 2013, still running last AAA games in great (High - Ultra quality in Full HD, 60fps) quality. Playing in consoles have NO advantages over PC gaming, in terms of gaming experience, price and hardware.

Here is some revelant articles :
Here ! (https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide)

I get why people tend to play on console, but just ask yourself :

On what do both Microsoft and Sony earn money while selling consoles that cheap ?

PureMalt77
07-07-2015, 15:31
I've calculated, and it is long known from PC users, PC is overall a lot cheaper on a 5 years run. You don't have to upgrade every 2 years. My cpu is from 2011, my mobo and ram are from 2012. Both of my hard drive are from 2007 and still rocking. My GFx Card is from mid 2013, still running last AAA games in great (High - Ultra quality in Full HD, 60fps) quality. Playing in consoles have NO advantages over PC gaming, in terms of gaming experience, price and hardware.

Here is some revelant articles :
Here ! (https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide)

I get why people tend to play on console, but just ask yourself :

On what do both Microsoft and Sony earn money while selling consoles that cheap ?

You got a point here, quite good article. My PC-gaming experience dates to something like 15 years ago, and at the time not only hardware upgrades were expensive, compatibility was the main issue (game VS graphic card).
Anyway, for now I will have to stick to my PS4.

Slicker_VR
07-07-2015, 15:48
to get started on pc, you're looking at about £1,500 to £2,000 for a machine capable of running pcars well, how can you compare that with ps4?
and as for the inflated price of software - i've only bought one ps4 game at full price (pcars) so not really an issue.
i'll stick with the playstation, thanks.

PureMalt77
07-07-2015, 15:59
I think there is also another important aspect: Online Racing.
In the console, everyone is level in terms of hardware (wheel apart).
I have friends playing PCars on PC, and they say there is a big difference in experience depending on your hardware level.
One of them guarantee you have better lap times when you can run the game at it highest settings, top resolution, see more track by using 3-screen setup, so this gives an extra advantage comparing to the guys running the minimum specs.
You need a way more than £2,000 to run the game at 12K as they advertise!

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 16:25
Vrroom are looking for a established pc community to come and get involved in what we do... Do you know anyone? Are you offering?

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 16:27
Oh and everyone is on a level playing field with the console.. This is the one single reason Mustard started all this on the console, i remember him talking about it in a room.

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 16:32
It's taken nearly 5y to get the standards that we have here at Vrroom and i would challenge anyone out there Pc or Console to try and beat some of the fastest guys on this website.. Seriously you need to see it to believe it.

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 20:10
It quite simply a case of why have milk when you can have cream...

There are a few other websites out there that offer clean racing but non of them can enforce it and this is why we have rooms open every night. We have quite frankly more active members (who are all on wheels) than anyone else, we have the structure set up to take this website into the sim racing future with the introduction of the (VR) Morpheus and the Rift. One final thought to all you other websites who think its ok to charge (rip off) your own community, use some creativity. These guys have all paid the same as you! These guys are what make your websites what they are and without them you wouldn't exist.

VRroom will always be free for all our members, we sell T Shirts, mugs, merchandise etc to cover our overheads .. I help Mustard run www.VRroom.org and i think its disgusting that other websites try justifying charging members for hosting rooms. These other websites that have been around for 8 weeks, boasting about this and that, We where the 1st to have Race Officials (from day one) we have been around for 5y when every other site collapsed before coming back under a new skin lol. 5 years think for 1 sec what that means...

www.VRroom.org get involved with the number 1 community on the PS4 and don't let these other mickey mouse leagues/websites put you off with their interpretation of clean racing .. We only have wheel racers and real racers.

tankyx
08-07-2015, 07:21
Vrroom are looking for a established pc community to come and get involved in what we do... Do you know anyone? Are you offering?

I only know some French communities, like FFSCA or Virtualdrivers.org. As I am not an admin of any of these communities, I can't offer, but it can be interesting :)

to get started on pc, you're looking at about £1,500 to £2,000 for a machine capable of running pcars well, how can you compare that with ps4?
and as for the inflated price of software - i've only bought one ps4 game at full price (pcars) so not really an issue.
i'll stick with the playstation, thanks.

With that price, you will run 4K @ 60fps when consoles stick to 900p 30fps ... I play with a 1680*1050 screen from 2007, in terms of comparison. An 1500£ gaming rig is an absolute overkill. £800-£900 is cleary enough for full HD gaming. So yeah, how can I compare to PS4, as PC gaming is superior in anyway :) People don't get that current generation of consoles is a scam :(

Oh and everyone is on a level playing field with the console.. This is the one single reason Mustard started all this on the console, i remember him talking about it in a room.

And everyday I see people with old rig and old G25 or DFGT beating others drivers using Fanatec or SimExperience wheel ...

It's taken nearly 5y to get the standards that we have here at Vrroom and i would challenge anyone out there Pc or Console to try and beat some of the fastest guys on this website.. Seriously you need to see it to believe it.

You have fast drivers, like almost every league of communities, and ? That shouldn't be a reference nor your goal.

www.VRroom.org get involved with the number 1 community on the PS4 and don't let these other mickey mouse leagues/websites put you off with their interpretation of clean racing .. We only have wheel racers and real racers.

Here is an explaination of why you have chances to fail. Vrroom is not federating players to provide a better experience to players, but is the result of an ego reaction. It is not because you have a fancy website and "wheel only" rule (which is clearly dumb, as there is a lot of good drivers using gamepad), 600+ subscribers that you can pretend to be the only one offering good racing experience.

Don't get me wrong, VRroom is a very good thing, just "poorly" (it is a really big word compared to reality) thinked and made. Limiting it to the PS4 Wheel users for some "non rationnal" reasons is a big mistake, along with creating a new community. Moreover, I think VRroom is motivated by ego more than passion (I based this analysis on how you speak, what you say and the global feeling. I hope I am wrong), and it will be an issue for the future.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 09:22
That ego has kept us going for the last 5y... It seems like you are one of these pad playing noobs who can't understand why real drivers don't want to race with you.

VRroom is all about respect on and off the track you fool and nobody does more for its members than Mustard. It's me who as a problem with guys like you who clearly have no idea what your taking about.

www.VRroom.org the No1 simracing website.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 09:29
The global feeling lol... By the power of Pcars shut up you fool. We have the best, we are the best, and we are only using pcars until AC comes out so keep your liverys and your click community. We really don't need you!

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 09:33
That ego has kept us going for the last 5y... It seems like you are one of these pad playing noobs who can't understand why real drivers don't want to race with you.

VRroom is all about respect on and off the track you fool and nobody does more for its members than Mustard. It's me who as a problem with guys like you who clearly have no idea what your taking about.

You're talking about respect and in the same post you're calling him "noob" and "fool". Do you see the contradiction there?

Please stop insulting other members just because they don't agree with you.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 09:40
Oh yeah I forgot that all you mods pissed in the same pot. Silly me. I think you mods should sign up to Vrroom and see for yourself what makes us so cock sure.

Lol whatever Bealdor.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 09:49
Lol another infraction oooo. VRroom are now the black sheep of this pcars forum and all because they have a few mods on a rival website. Lol your going to need them.

www.VRroom.org is by far the No1 when it comes to very clean very competitive racing.

Pamellaaa
08-07-2015, 09:50
Oh yeah I forgot that all you mods pissed in the same pot. Silly me. I think you mods should sign up to Vrroom and see for yourself what makes us so cock sure.

Lol whatever Bealdor.

This is a really good advertisement for the "professional" leagues that you are trying to run.

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 09:51
Lol another infraction oooo. VRroom are now the black sheep of this pcars forum and all because they have a few mods on a rival website.

When will you finally understand that something like "rival websites" doesn't exist? This is not a competition who gets the most members.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 09:54
That's just it my friend.. It doesn't matter because the racing is just that good. Come see for yourself if you don't believe me.

We only deal with the best and we now have them.. All of them.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 10:06
Our lads all appreciate the time effort and work that's gone into setting Vrroom up for them. Giving them a platform to hone their skills on the track without the fear of being taken off the track by a pad playing noobs. We have a system that rewards and reassures drivers.

We have over time acquired the very best simracers from around the globe.

Sankyo
08-07-2015, 10:17
Our lads all appreciate the time effort and work that's gone into setting Vrroom up for them. Giving them a platform to hone their skills on the track without the fear of being taken off the track by a pad playing noobs. We have a system that rewards and reassures drivers.

We have over time acquired the very best simracers from around the globe.
I doubt though that you're able to keep them in your community if you show the same attitude over there as you're showing over here. You could do with a little less chest thumping and with a little more respect towards all kinds of sim racers, as well as towards the people that allow you to advertise your community on their forum.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 10:26
We have a lot of guys who have been with Vrroom since the beginning 5y ago my friend and it's only because of the mods on this site that things have escalating like they have. Ask anyone Vrroom is the most respectful place you could possibly race.

Anyway for all you serious racers out there we are running one more block of induction rooms and then we will be closing the doors again. We are setting up our driver programmes for all existing members . As you knowsome of you will be moving over to our other website for next month.. Good luck and enjoy.

Sankyo
08-07-2015, 10:33
... it's only because of the mods on this site that things have escalating like they have.
Of course you have done everything in your power to de-escalate and keep the atmosphere respectful and friendly, including not showing any elitist sim racer attitude, being respectful towards newcomers to sim racing and never badmouthing the moderators of this forum whenever you disagreed with something.

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 10:42
I fail to see the difference between you mods keep highjacking my thread.. Maybe this is what I'm talking about.

Anyway like i said before i was so rudely interrupted we are only running one more block of induction rooms, then we set you guys up with your own driver programme before sending you to the other website.

Sankyo
08-07-2015, 10:44
I fail to see the difference between you mods keep highjacking my thread.. Maybe this is what I'm talking about.

Anyway like i said before i was so rudely interrupted we are only running one more block of induction rooms, then we set you guys up with your own driver programme before sending you to the other website.
Hijacking? Rudely interrupted?

Have a few weeks off to reconsider your attitude.

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 10:45

We wouldn't need to "hijack" your threads if you wouldn't insult other members:

The global feeling lol... By the power of Pcars shut up you fool. We have the best, we are the best, and we are only using pcars until AC comes out so keep your liverys and your click community. We really don't need you!

Edit: Ninja'd

RobDougherty13
09-07-2015, 01:38
Yeah to be honest, was interested, now after reading the thread not even remotely. Also an apostrophe doesn't mean "oh my God here comes and 'S'!" It's just "wheels" as in plural of "wheel," idiot.

Sankyo
09-07-2015, 11:32
Yeah to be honest, was interested, now after reading the thread not even remotely. Also an apostrophe doesn't mean "oh my God here comes and 'S'!" It's just "wheels" as in plural of "wheel," idiot.
No need for name calling, it just lowers you to a level you don't want to be.

Pyromaniak666
09-07-2015, 13:20
So i thought this was for professional racers, or is it only professional on the track and no respect on a public platform, minus + minus does not equate to ++, didn't read everything but was keen on joining, now i will just do some TT's

This post is far from being respectful

Originally Posted by Freddyforehand View Post

chig88
09-07-2015, 18:06
Posted on the first page of this thread a few weeks ago that I was interested in joining.

After reading some of the comments on here from those involved, I'm very glad I didn't get around to it.

Slash_VR
09-07-2015, 22:37
Lol bandwagon comes to mind.....

Slicker_VR
09-07-2015, 23:42

seriously, mate - a misplaced apostrophe makes a man an idiot, yes? so what does spelling 'an' with an additional 'd' make you?

Sankyo
10-07-2015, 08:23
seriously, mate - a misplaced apostrophe makes a man an idiot, yes? so what does spelling 'an' with an additional 'd' make you?
Could we please stop jumping on people when a moderator already addressed the issue? It would benefit the forum greatly.

Slicker_VR
10-07-2015, 11:27
Could we please stop jumping on people when a moderator already addressed the issue? It would benefit the forum greatly.

sorry, i just thought it was funny :D

VR-42
13-07-2015, 20:12
Great racing tonight except for the invisible wall bug causing the top 4 to crash out on the main straight.
ruined the night for me.

Martynvr
13-07-2015, 20:52
Don't know what happened out here but they are truly a great bunch of guys!
I have been racing with them for about a month and i must say this is racing at a very high level, off course there are some restrictions and you do have to make a effort to join this lads but after that man o man.

Give it a go guys if you own a wheel and willing to spend some time on track!

Best regards!

GrimeyDog
13-07-2015, 20:58
I have Had Some Great Races with the VRroom Guys. its a Very Fast Group of Racers!!! Very Organised and No Bashing you off the Road. I Dunno what Happend here but i Respect all of them Great Group.

Sankyo
14-07-2015, 08:19
Great racing tonight except for the invisible wall bug causing the top 4 to crash out on the main straight.
ruined the night for me.

What car, track?

_MB_
14-07-2015, 08:29
What car, track?

I think they were in the Clio's at Catalunya National last night.........

Gotta agree with what some of the guys are saying,im new to vrroom too and have to say a good bunch of lads here,clean and very respectful and thoroughly enjoying the racing.

Slicker_VR
14-07-2015, 14:32
What car, track?

https://youtu.be/_Ohv9RS_Vwg

hope this clears up the what and where :D

PureMalt77
18-07-2015, 08:31
Good races yesterday guys...
The E30 is a fun car to drive, but in my opinion VERY setup-dependent. I did not manage to get mine tuned as I wanted...

kerrycorcoran
13-09-2015, 15:41
Solid group of racers!! Very clean and organized!!

Slicker_VR
13-09-2015, 22:29
such a shame that all the effort put in by mustard and the rest of the staff at vrroom goes down the tubes as races are destroyed by stuff like this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHuLG1i8ZME

please note this league started with 15 drivers, we now have only 8 left, mainly because of frustrations like this

VR-Mustard
15-09-2015, 09:54
Yet another night of broken gaming.. Although for all you devs the invisible wall bug seems to be something to do with the tireware. We turned it off for our last league race and the room seemed fine?