PDA

View Full Version : Is the T300 Usb cable detachable from the base?

muscular
01-06-2015, 19:25
Would like to know if the cable can actually be detached from base, has anyone tried to pull the cable out before? Or is the cable supposed
to be always plugged into the base of the wheel?

LordDRIFT
01-06-2015, 19:28
no.

lordymatsuo
01-06-2015, 20:16
Was wondering the same thing, that's a shame :(

diesel97
01-06-2015, 20:23
Would like to know if the cable can actually be detached from base, has anyone tried to pull the cable out before? Or is the cable supposed
to be always plugged into the base of the wheel?

May i ask why ? Unless the cable got damaged their is no difference if you unplug it from your PC or PS4 or the base.

ScorpionR3D
01-06-2015, 20:44
If you want to replace it with a longer cable. Just use a USB extension cable. I use an extension cable of 3 meters between my ps4 and t300. Works perfect

LordDRIFT
01-06-2015, 20:57
If you want to replace it with a longer cable. Just use a USB extension cable. I use an extension cable of 3 meters between my ps4 and t300. Works perfect

I had to do this as well. The cable is notoriously short. Clearly not console optimized.

muscular
02-06-2015, 03:34
May i ask why ? Unless the cable got damaged their is no difference if you unplug it from your PC or PS4 or the base.

My cable connector to the base seems to be loose, there's some movement and I ever tried to pull it out a little and it still works, so I was wondering if it is even meant to be
detachable in the first place. I believe not just mine, but all sets may be slightly loose at the connector end to the wheel base, while the power cable remains tightly secured
to the base despite being detachable.

I would think that given the slack and movement I can move the cable, perhaps it is detachable, well if it isn't, I perhaps will try to play safe by applying a layer of glue.

muscular
03-06-2015, 10:56

Saw this while watching inside sim racing's Th8a review... is the wheel as good as dead?

Beatminister
03-06-2015, 11:17
If the cable is cut off, then its certainly dead. Until its replaced with a new USB cable. That can be done, I guess. You need to know how the different colored wires are connected in the plug and in the wheel, and then you can solder a new cable on. But if yours still works, just dont do anything for now. And the cable is NOT detachable, so dont pull on it.

diesel97
03-06-2015, 11:53

Saw this while watching inside sim racing's Th8a review... is the wheel as good as dead?

TM wan't you to do this if you are getting a replacement wheel and they don't want the old one back. You have to take a pic and send it to them.
I was just reading that the cable just passes through the base ,so that is just a cable clamp so do not worry if it is a little loose.