PDA

View Full Version : Headlights in my mirrors during night: not enough range.

dyr_gl
01-06-2015, 19:29
One of the tricky things about racing in cockpit view is relying in your mirrors. At day they´re good enough, but when it comes the night, they become sort of useless. Which is weird because in real life, even if you´re down a 1km straight, if there´s a car with headlights on behind you, YOU WILL SEE IT. ALWAYS.

If you have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC6WwegjdEE

You´ll notice headlights vanish from my mirrors (and that handy TV on my Aston :o) as soon as a driver behind is more like 7-8 tenths behind. That made me nervous during the race, maybe not seeing comming a divebomb (or a car that simply misses its braking point) is something you don´t want.

And even worse, imagine multi-class races with LMP and GT cars. GT cars will be dead scared during night time of something with huge speed differential only becoming visible within less than 1 second.

Will this be worked on?

It´s certainly no needed to have a huge range, but 3 seconds behind or less, these headlights should be on my mirror.

dyr_gl
02-06-2015, 13:26
Bumpity. Would like to know if this will be worked on. Any dev can tell me if this is intentional to save resources or something that is not working?

F2kSel
02-06-2015, 15:34
It also looks like the virtual mirror is much darker than than the real mirrors or rear camera.

Roger Prynne
02-06-2015, 15:37
Bumpity. Would like to know if this will be worked on. Any dev can tell me if this is intentional to save resources or something that is not working?

This.

Elmo
02-06-2015, 15:44
No need to bump threads. The staff is reading everything, but can't reply to all threads.

Liquid7394
02-06-2015, 18:05
This happens in other views as well, I use the rear-view mirror on the HUD and have the same issue.

dyr_gl
02-06-2015, 18:55
This. (it´s for resource saving)

Thanks for the reply! Is there any chance you´ll manage to give us some extra range to consoles in the future? You´ve managed quite some optimization with 1.04 according to Ian, and while spawning a full car can drain some resources, a couple of lights alone can´t be too bad.

It´s a minor issue but this can cause catastrophic wrecks in a endurance race real fast by no fault of anyone. With the big speed differentials 8 tenths is just not enough range. We´re planning one pretty soon in our group and I wouldn´t want to be in the skin of GT3 players!

LemonVTS
02-06-2015, 23:22
and while spawning a full car can drain some resources, a couple of lights alone can´t be too bad.

I believe GTA V does this, when you're at a certain range you'll only see the head/tail lights instead of the whole car that is being rendered.