PDA

View Full Version : Hangs at start after Xbox shutdown

whitet3260
01-06-2015, 20:11
Every day when I start PCARS after an overnight shutdown it hangs, forcing me to perform a clean Xbox restart (turn off, hold power switch for 30 sec, unplug Xbox).

Yardstik
01-06-2015, 23:04
Yeah, me too.

samofut
02-06-2015, 09:05
I'm getting this too. I haven't been able to play for 3 days now. It was fine before the patch was released.

nissan4ever
02-06-2015, 09:51
It's really interesting how some Xbox One users do experience this & some don't. Game performs better on external hdd (they are faster than the internal one on the console). Make sure you don't have any apps running in background on the console. Perhaps switch your console to energy saver, instead of having it on instant on.

Schnizz58
02-06-2015, 20:02
I've been having this issue nearly every time I start up. The way I can tell it's going to happen is when you launch the game from the Xbox menu, if it jumps right into the middle of the game where ever you left off, it will hang the first time you load a track. If the game starts from scratch with the splash screen, opening credits and whatnot, then it will work correctly. Once it is hung, the only way to proceed is a hard reboot of the Xbox.

I think it's probably the same problem as this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23469-Instant-On-Resume-Game-Crashes-Loses-Progress although in my case the game doesn't crash, it hangs.

Yardstik
03-06-2015, 15:53
Yup, I've been doing that. Weird.. .

I've been having this issue nearly every time I start up. The way I can tell it's going to happen is when you launch the game from the Xbox menu, if it jumps right into the middle of the game where ever you left off, it will hang the first time you load a track. If the game starts from scratch with the splash screen, opening credits and whatnot, then it will work correctly. Once it is hung, the only way to proceed is a hard reboot of the Xbox.

I think it's probably the same problem as this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23469-Instant-On-Resume-Game-Crashes-Loses-Progress although in my case the game doesn't crash, it hangs.