PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Inaccuracy

Sporran
01-06-2015, 20:53
So had a good night racing with some mates, yay no more ghosting problems for me :).

On our final race about 20 mins ago which was really close this happened. 3 of us in the room but we (1st and 2nd drivers) both had different experiences of what happened in front of us. We were in a Pvt party and a great debate started!!

This from my friends screen captured on his moby (excuse the one word of commentary :) )

https://mmv660.whatsapp.net/d/b2wghpSfLg_78i-qxN6dSlVsu7A/AsNgYz_3IiYweEmfkdEMFcyIz5yn0Tw3Jpd4buha-1gh.mp4?x=2

I uploaded mine on share play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWbTswcYAE
Work that out how can that be so different?

Btw, i won ;) But so different. His we make contact, mine we do not :s

dopeyj86
02-06-2015, 06:01
Looks like a net code issue to me. Had the same issues in BF 4

madmax2069
02-06-2015, 06:17
Looks to me that the net code needs a bit of tweaking.

If there is any issues with lag compensation that will happen (show different results on each screen, on your screen you had enough room, on his screen you didnt).

Elmo
02-06-2015, 06:29
Looks like a net code issue to me. Had the same issues in BF 4

Please don't compare BF4 netcode disaster with the minor inaccuracies here.

There is only so much lag the game can compensate. When you travelling at 200 kph (equals 55 meter/sec) and have a ping of 200 ms to each other, the difference in position is already 5 meter off (w/o any compensation). The difference we see in your videos is roughly a tenth of that. So we do compensate a lot.

There might be some improvements in the future, but for now I suggest when you know that you (or your mate) are on a not-so-great internet connection, just to be a bit more careful when racing each other and not to go for the last centimeters :)

Also if you have the chance to connect to the internet through a LAN cable instead of Wifi I highly recommend doing that.

Moved to PS4 - Technical Help & Support.

dopeyj86
02-06-2015, 06:42
Wasnt intended to be degrading to the game. I love Pcars. No need to be so defensive. Just a personal comparison of "similar" issues ive seen. Im not a programmer and dont pretend to be. Just sharing past experiences is all. I hope this "minor" issue is solved.

Elmo
02-06-2015, 06:47
Probably sounds a bit more defensive than I intended. Just tried to explain what's going on when stuff like that happens

dopeyj86
02-06-2015, 06:50
Understood. I do play with a LAN on a 100mbps internet connection with friends who have similar internet speeds. Ive seen similar issues as well. Thanks for looking into this.

wyldanimal
02-06-2015, 06:57
Yes, I was in a Few Private On-line races, where the two Lead cars got into Heated arguments about One or the other Smashing into the other..
Of Course the Guy in the back Always said I wasn't even close to you...

I've also be the receiver of what seemed like deliberate bumping, but the guy in the back said he never touched me..

This is what happens when there is Lag in the network..
Each players Car, only gets updated to the other players every so often.
The Lag, cause the Positions to Not match what Your Game is showing.

Especially as Elmo has stated, If the Connection of a few of the Players is low.

Sporran
02-06-2015, 07:19
Should have put in my post also.

Both in UK, both on Open reach 80/20mbps FTTC, both on Wifi.