PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable on controller?

Santa2515
01-06-2015, 21:21
Is it just me, or does anyone alse find the game is virtually unplayable on the controller.

Two huge gripes.

Steering and brakes!

Have any of the game developers ever driven a car at speed?

Cars dont lock up and skid when the brakes are applied under normal driving conditions, so why does the AI insist on stepping the back end out no matter what when applying the brakes.

Like wise steering, turning a corner at normal speed, 30-70 mph dosent cause a car to become uncontrollable , so why program this AI into every car?

Or if this is the default, where are the tuning options to damp the steering , and stiffen up the brakes

Some of us dont have masses of dexterity, so carressing buttons and triggers like there made of glass is an impoisssibility.

its a shame as it marrs a very good game

Mart

SpaceMachine
01-06-2015, 21:26
Mart,

Did you actually bother to search (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21864-Dualshock-4-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions&highlight=controller+settings)the forums before ranting?

Lots of advice to be had here. Stick with it. The learning curve is steep :)

hkraft300
02-06-2015, 01:10
Real cars would lock up/spin, if you slam the brakes/wrench the wheel. Race cars even more so. Have you actually driven a real car?

do a search and get your settings right before your next outburst.

Plenty of guys on controllers competitive with wheel users.

obee72
02-06-2015, 07:48
I only use the controller as I don't have time for a wheel. You need to learn how to use it as its good once you've got the hang of how to drive.

danowat
02-06-2015, 08:18
It's far from unplayable with a controller.

JessicaWalter
02-06-2015, 08:24
you need to be more gentle and smooth. drive around a track slowly to get a feel for how the throttle and brakes feel.

i use ds4 and after i got my settings right, and got used to the game, it felt great.

DozUK
02-06-2015, 08:34
Is it just me, or does anyone alse find the game is virtually unplayable on the controller.

Two huge gripes.

Steering and brakes!

Cars dont lock up and skid when the brakes are applied under normal driving conditions, so why does the AI insist on stepping the back end out no matter what when applying the brakes.

Like wise steering, turning a corner at normal speed, 30-70 mph dosent cause a car to become uncontrollable , so why program this AI into every car?

Or if this is the default, where are the tuning options to damp the steering , and stiffen up the brakes

Some of us dont have masses of dexterity, so carressing buttons and triggers like there made of glass is an impoisssibility.

Mart

A quick look at the leaderboards will show that fantastic and competitive times are being set by people using contollers. I'm more than happy with using one

Psychomatrix
02-06-2015, 08:44
Lol than you should have test the x1 steering at release. Only at azure circuit you have a disadvantage with controller but thats normal. After patch 1.03 the steering is very good for a racing simulation. You've got a lot of options to tune the settings.

SketchyRacer
02-06-2015, 10:26

Two huge gripes.

Steering and brakes!

Mart

i found this initially with the controller... however after 8 / 10 hours practicing and taming my fingers i got better and better... just when the adrenaline kicks in i get excited... although it's a lot harder on the controller with practice and a lot of fettling it becomes a little easier... hopefully logitech support comes soon and i can use my wheel :) (here's hoping)

...as for the comment of driving a real car... most cars and race cars have ABS and other wonderfully crafted stability systems to prevent this behavior... so slamming the brakes on one (even when going round a corner) would not cause a lockup (it certainly unsettles the car nearly smashed a Clio 197 practicing heal and toe @ 60mph ... ahh to be 19 again lol)... don't get me wrong a lot of race cars have none of these systems so yes they would lock up... but road cars and GT cars tend to..

Dreco
02-06-2015, 10:32
Use bonnet view.

The default pad config is fine.

Roger Prynne
02-06-2015, 11:12

Two huge gripes.

Steering and brakes!

Mart
Yes of course they have, some have even been professional race drivers.
And why are you talking about the AI? surely you mean physics.