PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer - Report/Infraction/Penalty Points/Punishments... etc

Hyflex
01-06-2015, 21:37
Hey Guys,

I'm interested in know the exact rules and punishments you would like implemented into this game to prevent the online s-fest of crashers, rammers and general idiocy.

Personally, I would like an infraction/penalty point based system that would work similar to described below:

Kick & Report & Warning

While in the lobby, in practice, qualli and even in the race a way to be able to report and kick users.
If the host of the game votes to kick/report then the person who has the vote against them would be automatically kicked and banned for 1 hour from that lobby.
If members of the game vote to kick... 2-3 players requires the host or 2 and players to vote. 4 players would require host or 3 players to vote, 5 or more players would require a 60-75% vote.
If you get kicked from a game you will automatically get 1 report mark on your account.
If you don't get kicked from the game but someone "reports" you then you get a "warning" on your account.
After 10 different warnings have been added to your account, you will get a report mark added to your account.

Reports

If you receive 15 report marks then your account will be automatically submitted to a list for investigation.
Selected community members would be able to either easily be able to spectate a game without taking up a spot in-game OR the next 5 qualifying and race replays will AUTOMATICALLY be saved and then can be watched by community members for them to vote on whether they deserve an infraction/penalty point on their account.
An infraction point will suspend them from main lobby's for a week, demoting them to only be able to play with other members who are also suspended from main lobby's (if there aren't any then unfortunately it's an online suspension).
After a week they are returned to being able to play with everyone and we are back to the start of waiting for 15 report marks.
After you accumulate 5 infraction points your suspension from main lobby's would increase to 1 month.
A month of 0 infraction points would automatically reduce your total infraction points by 1 (the "clean month" time would only start to count after they've returned to the main lobby group.)
If you receive 10 infraction points in 5 months you would receive a 3 month ban.
If you manage to get to 25 infraction points then you would receive a permanent main and suspended online ban where they can only race with other banned accounts.

Obviously this is fairly strict but it gives plenty of chance to fix your dirty racing habits and gives them both optional timeouts (1 month from the game away to reduce their infraction point count) or a forced timeout (1 week, if not improved they can get 1 month, 3 months and then there is no hope so permanent.)

Side Note - Lag...
Some users will cause crashes due to their lag in which case it would need to record their ping too and we need a feature in-game so during the race players that are lagging will receive a warning on-screen (maybe a flashing box saying [LAG WARNING]) and for other players to see a warning symbol above the laggers car, maybe even force all laggers to be automatically ghosted? You could even go as far as if someone has a ping over say 300ms then they can NOT race in the main lobbys instead they race with other laggers.

apexatspeed
01-06-2015, 22:09
I like this. It sounds complicated and difficult to implement, but something a long these lines needs to be done. While they are working on something they should just allow the host to boot someone. Just for now until they figure out a proper in depth system.

Hyflex
01-06-2015, 23:21
I like this. It sounds complicated and difficult to implement, but something a long these lines needs to be done. While they are working on something they should just allow the host to boot someone. Just for now until they figure out a proper in depth system.

It's complicated for a reason, because it's thorough and fair. If anything I'd say it's a bit too nice to the rammers.

apexatspeed
01-06-2015, 23:51
I have no problem with it being complicated. I am just saying something like this would take a long time implement and the game needs a fix quicker then that.

Hyflex
02-06-2015, 00:02
I have no problem with it being complicated. I am just saying something like this would take a long time implement and the game needs a fix quicker then that.

No no, we don't want a quick fix. Too many games companies do "quick fixes" and then leave them as they are instead of making a good, worthy fix. Never bodge job something, do the job correctly the first time round.

apexatspeed
02-06-2015, 02:57
Once again I am not suggesting anything permanent. I am suggesting that if they want to do an in depth system of getting assholes out of online lobbies that will take time. In the mean time while we wait for something long lasting and permanent we need the hosts to be able to kick players. Otherwise we will be waiting months while getting run of tracks by imbeciles.

Kulch
02-06-2015, 03:13
When are we going to see this stuff work? currently my online reputation is all 0.00 ZEROs, even though I have had about 30races.

I am also curious when this is implemented in the game, how can we see 'other peoples' reputation. Its useless if this information is not public.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

•The number of races entered vs the number completed

•Breakdown of placement in those races

•Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions

•Average finishing position and average qualifying position

•The number of races where you incurred no penalties

•And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

So play fair, be successful, and greatness awaits.

From listening and seeing how our WMD community have played Project CARS throughout development, and from seeing how racing fans play other titles out there, we hope that all these features listed go a long way in ensuring Project CARS' online play is not only authentic and intense but also seamless and efficient.

Umer Ahmad
02-06-2015, 03:23
Even the worst krash kid should ALWAYS be able to race in a private lobby with his other krash kiddies, we cannot lock him out from all MP functionality at any point. Probably we could only temp-ban them from public lobbies.

ccvampyre
02-06-2015, 12:33
the game seriously needs decent contact penalties!!

Robert Gerke
02-06-2015, 12:48
This Options specially for Deticaded Server...That sounds to me like :)

+1

Hyflex
05-06-2015, 05:07
Even the worst krash kid should ALWAYS be able to race in a private lobby with his other krash kiddies, we cannot lock him out from all MP functionality at any point. Probably we could only temp-ban them from public lobbies.

Private lobbies sure, but not the public ones.

danpinho
07-06-2015, 05:07
I believe it's not possible, legally speaking. The "rammer" player can sue the game producer. The point is: the buyer acquired the game bacause it promissed online gaming and the producer cannot take it away from buyer. It is his rights. In other hand, a point system that add positive and/or negavite points to a player profile seems viable. With this data, community would be able to choose if an especific player remains or not in lobby with a "kick player" function. The rammer can blame only himself or, the entire community, witch is preety hard to happen. It is imple IMHO.

Mattias
07-06-2015, 09:05
And then there are trolls grouping up entering lobbies only to kick clean drivers.

It just wouldn't work.

For a dedicated server you can either make a whitelist, or a blacklist of people who are allowed to join or not to join.
Although that requires a restart of the server...

If they can get the driver profile stats to work soon as intended, that will hopefully fix a lot of issues.

As a side note... Why does my driver profile say I am using chase cam the most? In the beginning it had cockpit view but then one day it changed.
I only use cockpit or helmet view (with trackir.) Another bug?

Wolkenwolf
07-06-2015, 13:35

If i open a open online server to race with some nice guys/women, i want to exclude drivers who haven't trained the track, dont finish races etc. The numbers are all there.
The usual crash kiddie can open their own.

Hyflex
07-06-2015, 20:17
I believe it's not possible, legally speaking. The "rammer" player can sue the game producer. The point is: the buyer acquired the game bacause it promissed online gaming and the producer cannot take it away from buyer. It is his rights. In other hand, a point system that add positive and/or negavite points to a player profile seems viable. With this data, community would be able to choose if an especific player remains or not in lobby with a "kick player" function. The rammer can blame only himself or, the entire community, witch is preety hard to happen. It is imple IMHO.

Wrong, they could ban them from certain online lobbies, they just need to give them the ability to play with other crashers.

And then there are trolls grouping up entering lobbies only to kick clean drivers.

It just wouldn't work.

For a dedicated server you can either make a whitelist, or a blacklist of people who are allowed to join or not to join.
Although that requires a restart of the server...

If they can get the driver profile stats to work soon as intended, that will hopefully fix a lot of issues.

As a side note... Why does my driver profile say I am using chase cam the most? In the beginning it had cockpit view but then one day it changed.
I only use cockpit or helmet view (with trackir.) Another bug?

You couldn't get troll abuse because it would firstly be super unlikely and secondly when it gets to the community investigation if they decide no that the user doesn't deserve an infraction point then the users report marks would be reset back to zero.

You could easily set another filter so clean drivers who are investigated say 3 times they are put into a new group where it requires 30 report marks before community investigation...