PDA

View Full Version : [FFB] [T500RS] About that wierd white line ...

klhnikov
01-06-2015, 22:52
I experiment a bug (I think it's a bug...) after aprox 1h of racing (without changing any settings or car), my wheel (T500) becomes "grindy"/"crunchy" in curbs only, and when do so, a white line apears in the FFB telemetry.
The white line is directly monitoring that wierd effect that didn't appeared during my warmup laps...

When that bug happen, the only way to stop it, is to stop the game, unplug the wheel, plug again and let auto-calibrate.
If I don't stop the game and unplug-replug the wheel only, the wheel try to auto calibrate but fail when comming back to center (at the end of the auto calib procedure)...

I use "classic" settings with the jack's tweaked files and a dead zone removal at 0.06 / 0.00 falloff (only "personnal" setting)

Video (after 1h hour) :

https://*******/photos/XRNe59aoHWpJ9MYh8

Pictures :

By reading other treads, I noticed that other T500 owners get to the same bug on PC... Can we expect a fix for it in the next update ?

ex_
02-06-2015, 00:40
it is a bug, but not necessarily only on your wheel or only after 1hr of driving. I suspect that the FFB settings you've chosen allow for this to come through. If I'm right, if you change a setting, then change it back, the white line will be gone.

Some believe that this white line is an elusive "rumble" effect that can only be achieved this way. It is canned and annoying in this form. I can see why the devs disabled it. It sucks. Instead, follow bmaniac's posts about FFB and you will get a rumble effect without the white line. In other words, your rumble will be based on real-time car behavior rather than a canned effect that doesn't feel very realistic at all.

Good luck

klhnikov
02-06-2015, 07:38
it is a bug, but not necessarily only on your wheel or only after 1hr of driving. I suspect that the FFB settings you've chosen allow for this to come through. If I'm right, if you change a setting, then change it back, the white line will be gone.

Some believe that this white line is an elusive "rumble" effect that can only be achieved this way. It is canned and annoying in this form. I can see why the devs disabled it. It sucks. Instead, follow bmaniac's posts about FFB and you will get a rumble effect without the white line. In other words, your rumble will be based on real-time car behavior rather than a canned effect that doesn't feel very realistic at all.

Good luck

Thanks for your answer...

The strange thing is that it happened after one hour of racing, No tweaking at all from me before it happened ... I'll try this tip (change a setting and go back in race...)

I dont use the exact Bmanic setting but feel the road bumps with my settings ( jack spade "bumps" files and settings and a bit more deadzone adjustments...) ...

The anoying thing is that it always happen when i'm starting attacking my lap time after an hour of training... Frustrating....

Jack Spade
02-06-2015, 08:46
Itīs a bug - canned effects are disabled by default seems they donīt like to give up. IIRC exit and restart session will cure.

klhnikov
02-06-2015, 13:07
If I'm right, if you change a setting, then change it back, the white line will be gone.

Thanks to you, it works !!

Mr Spade thank for repply and for all the stuff you did for us !
So i'll wait a fix ! look's like it's imminent !

ex_
02-06-2015, 15:32
This is the white line that some people believe they want, as it is often used as a rumble effect. But if you are feeling the road in your FFB settings, then it is likeley you are now getting appropriate rumble from just the main physics of the suspension, and don't need a canned effect. This is just to reiterate for those who will see this thread and believe they can rant about how they really want rumble. Rumble is there, it's just not showing up for some because of FFB settings.

I am truly interested to see how the new default FFB in 1.4 works out. Kudos for listening to the frustrated masses!

klhnikov
02-06-2015, 18:55
I agree with you ... too me, the confusion wasn't possible, that effect is not real, start and stop rudely, and, may, in my mind, maybe damage my wheel...

But ! I'm not plently satisfyed by actual FFB... I feel road on certain tracks but not with every cars... with every settings I tried...
I mean, I played Assetto Corsa, a lot, and realy liked that "road feeling" i used to have in it ... I admit that the pCARS global FFB is way better but, something is missing...

I don't want any more canned effect but, I can't understand the fact that, by default, you can't feel ANYTHING in straight lines when you feel every bumps in curbs ...
Im forced to apply an extra deadzone removal to fix it, wich is "lipstick on a pig" in my ųind (my wheel is 0.5% natural deadzone...)

TrevorAustin
02-06-2015, 19:22
More importantly why the hell have you got the egg sack from Aliens in your house!

klhnikov
02-06-2015, 21:40
More importantly why the hell have you got the egg sack from Aliens in your house!

Aliens help me go faster... As simple as that !

klhnikov
14-06-2015, 21:27
A quick review after the 1.4 Update ...
White line not missing, same conditions as before :

SeanB793
25-06-2015, 07:47
I posted a similar thread for the same issue. What I'm looking to find out is if these canned FFB effects are really affecting only the Thrustmaster wheels as they are or do the other brands' wheels suffer from such disturbing tremors under the canned FFB effects?

They sound like they could really damage the wheel in the long run.

Mattias
25-06-2015, 08:15
I get this from time to time, it's very random and doesn't happen every time I play. Simply rejoining the session fixes it. If you have very bad luck you might have to rejoin again to get rid of it.

Sucks when it is gone in qualify, then it comes back when the race starts...

SeanB793
25-06-2015, 09:06
I get this from time to time, it's very random and doesn't happen every time I play. Simply rejoining the session fixes it. If you have very bad luck you might have to rejoin again to get rid of it.

Sucks when it is gone in qualify, then it comes back when the race starts...

It does, doesn't it? What wheel do you use Mattias?

Gehzilla
25-06-2015, 09:59
Sometimes its happen here too. Driving Force GT...

SeanB793
25-06-2015, 19:04
Sometimes its happen here too. Driving Force GT...

It does on the Driving Force GT too? Thanks for letting me know Gehzilla. How bad is it? Any idea if this and the harm it can cause wheels has been reported prior?