PDA

View Full Version : Engine Blown / Shifting problems

AXIS Fusionz
02-06-2015, 01:58
Im in the GT3 sereies for my career using the ruf RGT-8 GT3 and my coolant temp oil temp and oil pressure are all fine as i monitor them when driving but on my second lap my engine blows everytime but it only happens when i upshift. Im using manual autoclutch because the manual with clutch doesnt work good yet (or atleast i cant get the settings right) but when i go to shift up for example 2nd gear to 3rd it will actually go to first causing my RPMs to go wayyy up and blowing my engine. so my question is, is that the problem? Did it happen to any of you guys?

FMS TopSecret
02-06-2015, 02:07
Im in the GT3 sereies for my career using the ruf RGT-8 GT3 and my coolant temp oil temp and oil pressure are all fine as i monitor them when driving but on my second lap my engine blows everytime but it only happens when i upshift. Im using manual autoclutch because the manual with clutch doesnt work good yet (or atleast i cant get the settings right) but when i go to shift up for example 2nd gear to 3rd it will actually go to first causing my RPMs to go wayyy up and blowing my engine. so my question is, is that the problem? Did it happen to any of you guys?

manual w/clutch only works in cars that have a clutch, gt3 cars dont so you dont have to use it. and im not sure how your going from 2nd to a supposed 3rd but 1st, maybe your actually downshifting. check your controls, you might also have it set so that you have a button set for 1st gear and your pressing it. as your pressing clutch to change gear your also revving up the engine and as you dont need to use clutch your just destroying your engine.

also ive noticed that sometimes when i downshift it jumps another gear but it think this a game fault.

AXIS Fusionz
02-06-2015, 02:09
like i said not using clutch but left bumper= downshift right bumper=upshift so i hit rb and it downshifts

FMS TopSecret
02-06-2015, 02:11
im not sure then but for when you was using clutch it only works for the cars that use so that you know.

have you damaged your controller is any way? maybe pressing RB triggers LB and it overrides your upshifting, a hardware reset might help resolve your problem

AXIS Fusionz
02-06-2015, 02:25
controllers fine as far as i know and even using a car thats actual manual, manual with clutch didnt work right

Apoc112
02-06-2015, 03:35
there is a "reverse gearing" option... sure that isn't ticked? i think that's intended for sequential gears and people who can't wrap their head around pulling the stick downward causing an upshift :confused: