PDA

View Full Version : My Morning in Multiplayer...

Motorhead Racer
02-06-2015, 08:24
So I think to myself I got a few hours, I will kill some time with some Multiplayer on Pcars right? great idea you would think? WRONG!

I am now left in a bad mood...

So I find the only lobby that has more thna two cars in, so I think that will do.. I join, no problem, no locked drive button or anything, cool.
I start to drive and I am stuck in bumper view!!
No problem, use the phone to look up a work around, it states to re-start the game, so I do this
I reload the game, find the lobby, join again ....
Drive is locked...
I utter a profanity and remember the work around, so I back out to rejoin, not realising that the lobby was nearly full...
Lobby is obviously full as no longer showing on the list!!
No worries I think, I will just join a small lobby and hope it grows...
Joining lobby..........
and waiting
and waiting
''unable to join session''
Ok so maybe an issue with that session...
try another...
Joining lobby...
waiting....
waiting...
'unable to join'
at this point my controller flies across the room, and I close the game in a rage, and find myself here, trying to be polite and not use profanity.

I appreciate that there are fixes coming, I get it
I appreciate new games have bugs.. I get it
but to have a morning like this.. come on!!

I worry for the future of the game, how long will people really be prepared to wait for the fixes, before thye just decide oh well, money lost nevermind, and will move on to the next game, and with the new F1 game round the corner, if that turns out to be any good, this game may well have lost its chance to really shine..
I am not trying to moan, or have a go at the Devs, I am just concerned that what could be a great game, will never become great online, as the crowd will have given up.

I hope I am wrong

NeonFlux
02-06-2015, 08:35
I think this game is fantastic but agree that something needs to be done to make multiplayer more enjoyable and accessible. As great as this game is, at the moment (to me) it just feels like a bunch of tracks and cars. IMHO it needs something to bind it all together... it would be great to see some multiplayer playlists.

I'm on xbox and understand that there is some sort of issue with microsoft that restricts the multiplayer options (please correct me if I'm wrong). I hope that SMS manage to find a workaround for this in order to improve the mulitplayer aspect of the game.

I agree that this could potentially make people give up on it. A good multiplayer is important... I recently played a racing game where there were freezing issues in mulitplayer. It completely decimated the online community :(

OperatorWay
02-06-2015, 08:41
...I worry for the future of the game, how long will people really be prepared to wait for the fixes, before thye just decide oh well, money lost nevermind, and will move on to the next game... I am not trying to moan, or have a go at the Devs, I am just concerned that what could be a great game, will never become great online, as the crowd will have given up. I hope I am wrong

...+1

RedDave84
02-06-2015, 09:19
Do you normally race third person?

Motorhead Racer
02-06-2015, 11:20
I tend to vary my view, to spice things up, can race several different ones, just not bumper view

OperatorWay
02-06-2015, 18:22
Steam now offering refunds for games purchased online (http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/2/8711723/steam-refunds)

Motorhead Racer
02-06-2015, 20:09
where in ANY of that did I state I wanted a refund?

OperatorWay
02-06-2015, 20:22
where in ANY of that did I state I wanted a refund?

Never said you did. I was sharing your worries about the future of the game's community - and now that people can get refunds, I'm even more worried about the community dwindling.

People sure are touchy on this forum. So quick to get defensive.

TC33
02-06-2015, 22:50
the only thing that pisses me off in this game is.
it doesn't say that you cant drive before you join the lobby and you waste that time loading up then turns out you cant drive.

or you get into the lobby get on the track and cant changes your view.

o and the crappy racer that try to wreck every body.

thats about it for me.

JeyD02
04-06-2015, 08:19
Just get out of the lobby and rejoin don't restart game just rejoin lobby

TheBostonbean
04-06-2015, 14:24
Project Cars multiplayer is great when creating your own races. It is a mess when trying to get into quick matches or searching for a race to join. And if lucky enough to get into a match you might end up just sitting there staring at the list of names while waiting for the lobby to decide to race. Seeing fewer and fewer people on my friends list playing PC and those I do see are now putzing around in single player, not multiplayer.

A game driven public lobby would be one solution but some options, e.g., time of day and weather, would probably be unavailable.