PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin GT3 Spa Setup

onem1nutenoodle
02-06-2015, 09:49
Hi :)

Was wondering if anyone has a decent setup for the Aston on Spa?

Thanks

onem1nutenoodle
02-06-2015, 15:10
Nobody want to share their setups? I'm planning on using this for Career, not online, so you don't have to worry about me using it against you :p

jimmyb_84
02-06-2015, 17:57
I knew a guy who raised front tyre pressure and move ballast weight to the front. He managed 1:58 on Nurburgring GP not sure if it works at Spa. Worth a shot?

jimmyb_84
24-07-2015, 22:20
Just been driving the Aston on a few tracks set a couple of PBs 2.19 @ spa but also a 1:34.6 @ Oulton Park and a 2:08.6 @ Road America.

moving the weight around in the car makes a big difference worth trying a few to your likening
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/187936829

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
24-07-2015, 23:07
Let's see what the calculator says, hmmm... Very very stiff damping, particularly the bumps are so stiff it's a surprise the car isn't more twitchy. Fast bump rates in the 45-55% region, man this setup is aimed at a really smooth track...

Total damping force at 3 in./s with current settings
Front rebound: 89 % critical
Front bump: 68 % critical Front avg. 79 %
Rear rebound: 110 % critical
Rear bump: 78 % critical Rear avg. 94 %

Personally I'd redo the dampers to something a bit less extreme, and more supple over the bumps, possibly more progressive overall:

Adjust Front dampers
Slow bump 15500
Slow rebound 23000
Fast bump 8000
Fast rebound 11000

Adjust Rear Dampers
Slow bump 9200
Slow rebound 15200
Fast bump 6250
Fast rebound 7900These settings net me the following results at 3 in/s:

Front rebound: 82 % critical
Front bump: 54 % critical Front avg. 68 %
Rear rebound: 80 % critical
Rear bump: 46 % critical Rear avg. 63 %
Looks nice as a starting point for almost any track, for my preferences at least. The spring stiffness, front/rear bias and the swaybars look perfectly serviceable as they are, though I can't remember the diff settings off the top off my head. Something in the 25-40% acc lock, 30-50% dec lock and 40-100 Nm preload should work fine, possibly even higher acc lock than dec lock if the car is stable during turning with no throttle and doesn't kick the tail out when accelerating.

Aero is of course a separate issue, but isn't Spa a low DF track usually?

jimmyb_84
25-07-2015, 07:49
Let's see what the calculator says, hmmm... Very very stiff damping, particularly the bumps are so stiff it's a surprise the car isn't more twitchy. Fast bump rates in the 45-55% region, man this setup is aimed at a really smooth track...

Front rebound: 89 % critical
Front bump: 68 % critical Front avg. 79 %
Rear rebound: 110 % critical
Rear bump: 78 % critical Rear avg. 94 %

Personally I'd redo the dampers to something a bit less extreme, and more supple over the bumps, possibly more progressive overall:

Adjust Front dampers
Slow bump 15500
Slow rebound 23000
Fast bump 8000
Fast rebound 11000

Adjust Rear Dampers
Slow bump 9200
Slow rebound 15200
Fast bump 6250
Fast rebound 7900These settings net me the following results at 3 in/s:

Front rebound: 82 % critical
Front bump: 54 % critical Front avg. 68 %
Rear rebound: 80 % critical
Rear bump: 46 % critical Rear avg. 63 %
Looks nice as a starting point for almost any track, for my preferences at least. The spring stiffness, front/rear bias and the swaybars look perfectly serviceable as they are, though I can't remember the diff settings off the top off my head. Something in the 25-40% acc lock, 30-50% dec lock and 40-100 Nm preload should work fine, possibly even higher acc lock than dec lock if the car is stable during turning with no throttle and doesn't kick the tail out when accelerating.

Aero is of course a separate issue, but isn't Spa a low DF track usually?

Cheers for the info Jussi, I think I understand it ish... Think I've found myself a good starting point was matching and beating my times I set in the McLaren last night pleased with it generally. It is a bit twitchy on the curbs if you act tack them too much but normally I just touch them with the inside wheel.

Some fine tuning to do will update the setup as I find adjustments. I tried lower DF on spa but was hitting top speed way to early so figured I'd but the DF back on, haven't looked at gearing yet.