PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Can someone explain how the Caterham SP/300R works please?

sVig
02-06-2015, 10:05
It has KERS, but it doesn't have KERS? And how does it work when activated? From what I can gather it seems to work for a set amount of time after pressing the button. How long though? And what if you press the button and hold it? That doesn't seem to act how you'd expect. And it doesn't recharge the charge at all. Is that correct?

goon
02-06-2015, 10:10
I'm racing the Caterham in a career at the moment. I think it's a push-to-pass button. You get enough charge to push ten times. (I think that's right, working from a foggy memory!)

Mauler_77
02-06-2015, 10:11
it works for as long as you hold the button down, not for a set amount of time, and no, it doesn't recharge, so use it sparingly. doesn't have a massive performance increase though, just a little bit of extra power. kind of pointless in longer races as once it's gone, that's it.

Elmo
02-06-2015, 10:12
Goon is right. It is indeed a push-to-pass button.

It gives you some extra HP (i think ~30) for a few seconds. You can use it 10 times per race. A nice tool to overtake somebody or to defend your position. You start it by the push of a button (no need to hold it down - unlike the Formula A KERS).

Use it wisely!

sVig
02-06-2015, 10:19
Ahhh, right, it's a push to pass thing. Cheers!

Guy Smiley
26-11-2017, 21:38
Can someone also explain the LED display? One I'm guessing is tire temps, one is the recent lap time. Besides that I have no clue :). Thanks

Guy Smiley
26-11-2017, 22:21
Aha and one is a lap counter....and one is obviously tachometer and speed. Just leaves one more mystery then...