PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying - final lap problem

thulder
02-06-2015, 10:11
I noticed that the issue with qualifying sessions not having a final lap has been fixed for the other qualifying sessions I've done (mostly karting and some of the formula-series), but in one of the invitational events with classic cars, I was really pushing it to get in a final lap, but when the time ran out it just finished, and I couldn't finish the final lap. (I think I was in turn 2 of the track, so no doubt crossed the line before time ran out). Is there different rules for different types of racing now, or is this a bug ? if it's not a bug, can somebody explain in which series we get a final lap and which we don't? If it is a bug I'll find out which track and car it was, and so on :) It could also be that I only had about 10-15 seconds when I crossed the line, but if that's the case - what's the amount of time needed when I cross the line to be "eligible" for a final lap ?

Bealdor
02-06-2015, 10:21
That's a known issue (link in my sig). You should be able to finish your qualifying lap in every SP event but the fact that it sometimes works and sometimes not makes it a very tricky thing to fix.
The best thing you can do is posting the exact details in which events it worked fine for you and in which it didn't.

Wilco
02-06-2015, 11:08
That's a known issue (link in my sig). You should be able to finish your qualifying lap in every SP event but the fact that it sometimes works and sometimes not makes it a very tricky thing to fix.
The best thing you can do is posting the exact details in which events it worked fine for you and in which it didn't.

Is it? I couldn't actually see it in the list of known issues.

Bealdor
02-06-2015, 11:18
ARGH... looks like we missed to add it.

Thanks for your feedback, it will be added soon to the list.
Please feel free to post additional details as mentioned above. :)

3800racingfool
02-06-2015, 13:35

Huh, I was actually going to make a thread asking if the issue was fixed in a secret patch because, for the first time, I actually had a box that popped up and said "time expired final lap" once the timer hit zero back on Saturday. Track was Monza in F-A cars, "Current" time, and the mode was QRW. Up until that point I had never seen that, the session just ended with a switch to the AI driver. Haven't run a qualifying since then so I don't know if I can get it to work again.

I've run about 10-15 qualifying sessions. So far that was the first time it happened. It didn't let me finish the full lap though. Instead the AI took over and the session ended about halfway through the lap (I was able to continue driving for about 30 seconds after the main timer ran out though).

Jack1st
04-06-2015, 12:40
So it is supposed to not let you finish a final qualylap in any online qualy session? If so, are there any plans to change that in the future?

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 12:42
So it is supposed to not let you finish a final qualylap in any online qualy session? If so, are there any plans to change that in the future?

No it's a bug and also recently added to the known issues (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-03-06). :)

Edit: Or isn't it?

Jack1st
04-06-2015, 12:49
Good to hear, i asked cause you only mentioned singleplayer qualy in your second post in this thread. Thx for the answer.

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 12:56
Good to hear, i asked cause you only mentioned singleplayer qualy in your second post in this thread. Thx for the answer.

Sorry, I overread the "online" part. I think it's a design decision for now. I hope the devs can find a better solution but it's not a bug in online mode.

Jack1st
04-06-2015, 13:16
Sorry, I overread the "online" part. I think it's a design decision for now. I hope the devs can find a better solution but it's not a bug in online mode.
What a pity. Its so annoying to be not able to finish a lap just because a few seconds are missing. There should just be added some extra time on top of the original qualyfying session time depending on the type of car so that you are able to finish a lap if u make it over the line at the last second.

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 13:18
What a pity. Its so annoying to be not able to finish a lap just because a few seconds are missing. There should just be added some extra time on top of the original qualyfying session time depending on the type of car so that you are able to finish a lap if u make it over the line at the last second.

Good suggestion. You could put it in here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions

bobblebob
09-06-2015, 20:00
Seems to be if you have gotten past T2 before the timer runs out you can finish the lap, otherwise it ends

tclancey
09-06-2015, 20:10
On Xbone when any session counter reaches 0:00 the screen fades out to the next session, no matter where you are on the track. I'd also like to finish my last lap!

ZXVETTE
13-06-2015, 20:24

For me it was Race Weekend in the Audi GT3 at the 24 hr of Le Mans track. I was 3/4 through the final lap when it just finished the qualifying even though it previously gave a message saying "Final Lap" as if it were going to allow me to finish.

AB_Attack
15-06-2015, 09:12
Happened during qualifying (first session, Q1, I think it was) in my GT3 career at Nürburgring GP. Third event in a German tour (Oschersleben, Hockenheim, Nürburgring) with the RUF. Also giving me "final lap" notice and shortly after cut me off.

ONESPACE
28-10-2015, 14:43
I'm still trying to find why my tires don't change during a rain race online and my fuel tank fills all the way up?

Bealdor
28-10-2015, 14:46
I'm still trying to find why my tires don't change during a rain race online and my fuel tank fills all the way up?

Sounds like you (or the host) have "force default setups" enabled