PDA

View Full Version : Project cars on windows 8 64bit Vs windows 10 64bit experience

Riskymiata1
02-06-2015, 11:48
Hi everyone
Last week I built a desktop pc with the following specs
Gpu: gigabyte nvidia gtx 970 g1 gaming 4gb
Cpu: Intel i7 4790
M/b: msi h97m-g43
Ram: 8gb dd3 1600 corsair
Psu : Jp700w bronze gt

Clear installation of windows 8 and my Samsung 40" f6500 series TV via hdmi cable from nvidia. Install project cars .didn't touch everything and game open at 1920*1080p 24hz auto .
I see all raining and other effects full.now advance settings
Windows mode no
Texture detail high
Anti aliasing :msaa
Use fxaa :no
Anisotropic 16*
Car details high
Reflections and all the other staff are on ultra except grass is low
The game goes like turtle disappointing

Format and put with the untouched bios settings windows 10 rtm
Install the game there .i open and i see the same configuration on my settings the performance details and staff.
I play the same solo first career and goes like hell.
I played the second lap 1 career lmp with the rain like hell again .

What happens night and day .!! The only thing that changed was the os from win8 64bit to windows 10 64bit anybody that can explain me what happens?

nhitrac
02-06-2015, 12:16
"Goes like hell" I assume in a good way?

Well that's promising as I'm waiting for my free update to happen

MikeyTT
02-06-2015, 12:28
...can explain me what happens?

Microsoft has rewritten a lot of code, including parts of the DirectX side. Even with the same game engine there are benefits to upgrading to Win10. When pCars supports DirectX12, which I believe is now going to happen, then you;ll see another huge leap and it'll go "like hell even more" ;)

RomKnight
02-06-2015, 12:31
I just don't get why on earth are you using 24Hz. Chose another hdmi slot on your tv or change that in windows to at least whatever you TV can do

konnos
02-06-2015, 12:50
24p is the format for movie mode in plasma (dont know about LCDs). It makes sure sources that output 24p (cinema movies) retain the cinema feel of the original shown in movie theatres.

Roger Prynne
02-06-2015, 13:03
What is it like if you choose 60hz ?

robertedell
02-06-2015, 13:04
Windows 10 is still a bit on the rough side and not everything works as it should but one thing it does do very well is run Project Cars. I saw a 30% increase in FPS going to Windows 10, when Project Cars updates to use dx12 then we will see even better performance.

Riskymiata1
02-06-2015, 19:38
well, actually I'm a Mac user for my job (late 2012) 21.5" and a gamer with xbox one for this purpose. So I don' t know much for pc. I just saw the project cars game differences between pc and consoles and decided to build this pc. I know only a few things on windows (Mac OS I use is totally different) .that setup I have in my first post disappointed me when I compared the game with the xbox one format under previous versions of windows . But when I saw it under windows 10 ,I mean the game, I understood the power of pc vs consoles. It'like I put a biggest gpu and cpu . As for my tv now :both Xbox one and pc desktop have an 1080 p 60 hz .when the game runs on Xbox it keeps the 60 hz instead of pc that turns automatically the tv to 24p . Why that happens? And what is the difference between 24 hz and 60 hz when you play a game? Cause ok when I see blu Ray movies via Xbox one they turn to 24 hz my tv and for me it is more native that. I mean why I should play project cars at 60hz and not 24hz technically?

konnos
03-06-2015, 13:10
You shouldn't, that usually is a problem with the game where it auto-chooses the first available frequency (Hz) of the resolution you choose. It was a common problem in the past years because PC gaming on an HDTV was not too widespread and the coding didnt have to specify Hz.

Right-click ProjectCars in your Steam library and select Properties. Select Set Launch Options and type "-refresh 60" (without the quotes). This should set the refresh rate to 60Hz.

Alternatively you can create a custom resolution from your video card control panel for 1920x1080@60Hz and use that when you are connected to your HDTV.

Riskymiata1
03-06-2015, 16:28
Thank you very much , I'm gonna do it right now :yes:

Riskymiata1
05-06-2015, 12:04
I did it everything sounds good I put all the settings to ultra except the grass which is medium .i don't have even a glitch in rain everything goes fine till now: I wonder if I have to attach another 8 gb ddr 3 ram cause the graphics card box says 12 gb minimum ram and an Intel i7

bolymax
06-06-2015, 03:24
this game doesn't run consistent, even everything at low with FPS 57 to 64 the freezes, I keep saying, I feel the problem is with the 64Bit systems.

Beans
06-06-2015, 07:51
I did it everything sounds good I put all the settings to ultra except the grass which is medium .i don't have even a glitch in rain everything goes fine till now: I wonder if I have to attach another 8 gb ddr 3 ram cause the graphics card box says 12 gb minimum ram and an Intel i7

I have no idea why the box would say that, and did you mean G1 rather then Z1 in your sig for your GPU???

this game doesn't run consistent, even everything at low with FPS 57 to 64 the freezes, I keep saying, I feel the problem is with the 64Bit systems.
I don't know why you are having freezing issues, but it's not because of 64bit.

Riskymiata1
07-06-2015, 07:38
Yes you are right ,mistaken signature, g1 not z1. And the manual not the box says recommended ram 4gb but I read for this card on a test magazine, I don't remember where ,that they recommend i7 processor and 12gb for ddr3 ram