PDA

View Full Version : Formula B @ Hockenheim GP

mcarver2000
02-06-2015, 15:26
I am struggling to get a setup that is not too harsh on the LF, but is also fast. I generally like to find a camber setting that doesn't overheat the inside too much. I am not having much luck at Hockenheim. I also try to keep the temp between left and right fairly close. Again, struggling to accomplish this as well. I know that for some tracks, one can't accomplish these goals, but any suggestions one has to offer would be greatly appreciated.

SPXUMADBROYOLO
07-06-2015, 07:23
Switch to yiro fb tire compound.

mcarver2000
07-06-2015, 16:26
I don't understand what is going on with the Yiro tires. The Front Left does not seem to heat across the surface correctly. With the same setup the Faretti FL will have higher inside temps, while the Yiro has much higher outside temps in the same corners. The other tires (FR, and rears) do not exhibit this behavior.

Anyway, my solution was to soften the front sway bar to help even out the load on both the front tires.

Apoth
08-06-2015, 20:08
I fixed this issue by having different tire pressures. My left front was significantly higher than the rest because it was taking the brunt of the work. If I recall, it was something like 1.31 whereas everything else was low to mid 1.2s.