PDA

View Full Version : 1st time wheel user

Brent G
02-06-2015, 16:32
Hi all, Im expecting to take delivery of my first wheel & seat set up (namely Thrustmaster TX & Playseat Evo) tommorow and was wondering if there's anything specific I need to do to get the most from it. I understand the FFB settings are important but is there anything else? I use cockpit view so is there a good set up for field of view and the speed effect settings etc? I would greatly appreciate any tips. I apologise if this information is already freely available but work takes up most of my time so (being selfish) the less time I spend trawling the net the quicker I can get set up! Again any help will be greatfully recived. Cheers.

nissan4ever
02-06-2015, 16:56
Go here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27338-Help-to-set-up-your-new-Thrustmaster-TX

psydeviant1
02-06-2015, 17:10
brent the feed back is currently a little messed up within the game , it looks like they have addressed the issue in the upcoming patch (1.4) otherwise you will have to mess with a zillion settings so we wait with fingers crossed that they have fixed the problem , in the meantime you can get some sort of feel for the car by tweeking the settings in the main menu but first calibrate your wheel, follow the instructions in the controller setup page in game.
it will ask you to rotate the wheel all the way to the left then press A ,
then it will ask you to rotate the wheel to the right by 90 degrees ( so add 90 degrees of rotation to the figures shown ) the important bit is not to let go of the wheel when you press A as it will try to rotate from your hands , grip the wheel and hold it still for a few seconds then hit A. then do the pedals
calibrate the force feedback

steering deadzone zero
throttle sensitivity 100
throttle deadzone zero
brake sensitivity 100
brake dead zone zero
feedback 100

Tire Force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0
Per Wheel Movement Squared 0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range 0
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01

Linkage Scale 0
Linkage Stiffness 1.00
Linkage Damping 1.00
Relative adjust gain 1.22
Relative adjust bleed 0.10
Relative adjust clamp 1.04
Scoop knee 0.70
Scoop reduction 0.15
Soft clipping half output 1.50
Soft clipping full output 0.50

then play with the in car feedback settings till you like the feel of it, for an example the Mercedes C-DTM
master scale 32
fx scale 82.01
fy scale 44.00
fz scale 98.00
mz scale 98.00

sop scale 32.0
sop lat scale 70.0
sop diff scale 80.0

now all that seems quite a bit hassle, and it is really but we are really hoping the feedback issue will be fixed soon im praying we can set to default and just tweak the master scale setting to how we like and go racing (as it should be )

psydeviant1
02-06-2015, 17:12
or better still follow nissan4ever's link lol :cool:

BellCurve
02-06-2015, 17:17
Hi all, Im expecting to take delivery of my first wheel & seat set up (namely Thrustmaster TX & Playseat Evo) tommorow and was wondering if there's anything specific I need to do to get the most from it. I understand the FFB settings are important but is there anything else? I use cockpit view so is there a good set up for field of view and the speed effect settings etc? I would greatly appreciate any tips. I apologise if this information is already freely available but work takes up most of my time so (being selfish) the less time I spend trawling the net the quicker I can get set up! Again any help will be greatfully recived. Cheers.

First of all, congrats! Forgive the pun, but it's a real game changer. Get excited.

Secondly, follow the link nissan4ever provided. I just took delivery of the same wheel a couple weeks ago. It was ok until I took the time to do all of the calibrations - now it's great.

Brent G
02-06-2015, 17:25
Cheers guys really appreciate you advice, cant wait to try it out!

weerufus
02-06-2015, 17:41
thanks as well for this info everybody, ive just bought a TX458 & a Wheelstand Pro V2

nissan4ever
02-06-2015, 17:44
thanks as well for this info everybody, ive just bought a TX458 & a Wheelstand Pro V2

Welcome to the family!

IgorTheHunchback
02-06-2015, 17:49
Hi Brent I recently got the Thrustmaster TX as well it's a great wheel and takes the driving experience to a whole new level. The first thing I did was follow the excellent advice from nissan4ever (use the link in his post). But remember there is a patch out soon to fix problems with PCars and the TX wheel, but don't let that get you down the patch will fix the issues and everyone will be able to enjoy PCars how it was meant to be.

Brent G
02-06-2015, 19:12
Its gonna be a long day at work tommorow, Im all excitable like a kiddy a Xmas! 35 year old child my Mrs reckons, blah what does she know the daft bi.......oh god shes here better chip off!!!

Brent G
04-06-2015, 20:10
cheers peeps, after a day late delivery, some head scratching and a truck load of swearing the cats are now hiding the Mrs has gone out to get out the way and Im about to lose my wheel cherry. Wish me luck!

edit; Jeez this is gonna take some getting used to, its properly fun though and defo money well spent!

STEELJOCKEY
04-06-2015, 21:33
Tip - don't rush yourself into it. Learn to be smooth on the wheel, brakes and throttle. Get a feel for it and soon you'll be much faster. And enjoying your racing so much more!

Make sure your wheel is calibrated properly to, and Jack Spade's wheel FFB setups help tremendously with feeling what's going on

Brent G
04-06-2015, 21:53
Dont know if Im calibrating wheel properly in settings menu. Im turning full anti clock but then what? I know it says 90 but ive seen elsewhere say 900 do I not have to go full opposite lock or centre the wheel? I know i sound dumb but i dont want to mess up. Im turning left first till it says 100 so what do I do after, as in what number do I want? Or do I add 90 to the 180 under the right hand image?

Brent G
04-06-2015, 22:10
One more thing, is the TX pretty noisy at times and how much can I fight when the wheel is for want of a better word ripped from your hands say after a meeting with a wall? Dont wanna break the damn thing! Again thanks all for your help :)

ashasha
05-06-2015, 00:40
You'll find that as you get better you aren't fighting it. Mine has been pretty tough.

STEELJOCKEY
05-06-2015, 01:28
Make sure you have the latest firmware from TM. You'll need to hook up to your PC to update it. Then calibrate in Pcars, turn full left then full right, hit A, turn right until 900 shows, hold and hit A again, do pedals and your right to go. Print up a copy of Jack's car FFB settings and load up into what ever car you're driving. ENJOY

nissan4ever
05-06-2015, 02:13
Dont know if Im calibrating wheel properly in settings menu. Im turning full anti clock but then what? I know it says 90 but ive seen elsewhere say 900 do I not have to go full opposite lock or centre the wheel? I know i sound dumb but i dont want to mess up. Im turning left first till it says 100 so what do I do after, as in what number do I want? Or do I add 90 to the 180 under the right hand image?

Game says turn to 90. You want the number on screen by wheel to say 900. Okay

Brent G
05-06-2015, 18:11
Thanks for your help Nissan4ever, its pretty good now, im loving it. It was 23:00 ish lastnight as I was trying to calibrate and I'd been up for work since 04:00 so my brain was not firing on all 4 cylinders. All your tips have helped massively, infact Ive just taken pole! Much appreciated mate :)

nissan4ever
05-06-2015, 19:07
Thanks for your help Nissan4ever, its pretty good now, im loving it. It was 23:00 ish lastnight as I was trying to calibrate and I'd been up for work since 04:00 so my brain was not firing on all 4 cylinders. All your tips have helped massively, infact Ive just taken pole! Much appreciated mate :)

Your welcome