PDA

View Full Version : Ford Capri Zakspeed

Griffinator233
02-06-2015, 16:34
This car has a 50/50 weight ratio. When the tires r cold can do better then when they get warm. I'm on the first race of historic GT5 UK Trophy and after the tires warm up my rear gets lose. On one corner it spins out everytime after the tires warm up but when their cold I can make the turn easy. I don't get y it would drive worse with warm tires. I even put the race line on and it's green on that turn yet I still spin out and I've tried different amounts of throttle yet get the same results. Because of this I can't move any further in the game. I've even played with the controller settings and no luck. I know this game is better with a force feedback wheel but I can't see spending 400 bucks for a wheel then another 400 for a playseat to mount it on for the 3 games I can use it with. Any idea if this is a bug with the car? The BMW in this class is alot better I've used it in practice mode so idk y this car would be this lose both r 50/50 weight ratio.

Brent G
02-06-2015, 17:43
At first I found the BMW easier to cope with but after tinkering with the Capri's tune I find it to be much more controlable and a lot less liable to understeer like the BMW does . Just remember to go easy on corner exits as all the boost comes at once. Just try increasing the diff accel settings to about 80 for starters as this will help keep the back end in check a tad.

cliffter88
02-06-2015, 18:04
The Capri is a hand full, the throttle really needs to be feathered when in the turns otherwise it will let go and put you into a tank slap. I drove it for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it but I did find it extremely lively coming of the corners

PeoplesChampion
02-06-2015, 21:11
This car has a 50/50 weight ratio. When the tires r cold can do better then when they get warm. I'm on the first race of historic GT5 UK Trophy and after the tires warm up my rear gets lose. On one corner it spins out everytime after the tires warm up but when their cold I can make the turn easy. I don't get y it would drive worse with warm tires. I even put the race line on and it's green on that turn yet I still spin out and I've tried different amounts of throttle yet get the same results. Because of this I can't move any further in the game. I've even played with the controller settings and no luck. I know this game is better with a force feedback wheel but I can't see spending 400 bucks for a wheel then another 400 for a playseat to mount it on for the 3 games I can use it with. Any idea if this is a bug with the car? The BMW in this class is alot better I've used it in practice mode so idk y this car would be this lose both r 50/50 weight ratio.

Let's race.. You get the cold, grippy tires.. I get the crappy, hot ones. I bet you will change your mind.. :)

joking aside.. That car is a freaking monster and must be driven - nobody actually drives it - with care.

Griffinator233
02-06-2015, 22:03
I'll try it again tonight.

SchnauzahPowah
03-06-2015, 18:48
Just started this career and selected this in place of the Bmw, which handles great by default. This car is a beast, I love it but can hardly ever get to WOT except on straights. Any one care to share any tunes (searched)?