PDA

View Full Version : Future compatable steering wheels?

bcaway
02-06-2015, 21:10
Anyone know if the next PS4 update will include more wheels?

I have a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel/shifter and pedals all setup with seat on the PS3, but to my disappointment its not yet compatible with PS4 Project Cars.

Mr.Smoke
02-06-2015, 21:27
Nobody knows for sure if or when Logitech wheels will be supported. This has been brought up & covered extensively.

Dreco
02-06-2015, 21:47
Be calm and wait for some good news here.:rolleyes:

-Brick_Top-
02-06-2015, 22:34
Anyone know if the next PS4 update will include more wheels?

I have a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel/shifter and pedals all setup with seat on the PS3, but to my disappointment its not yet compatible with PS4 Project Cars.

Ps4 update won't cover g27 full stop. The drivers for wheels are included by developers into the games unlike ps3. There was loads of nonsense going around about the g27 and g25 not having a security chip etc. Sony then blamed developers in turn developers blamed Sony then Logitech etc. It's down to manufacturers to release drivers to developers for inclusion into games. For example fanatec have now released drivers and so far only the wonderful people at wmd / sms have included them. In theory drive club etc can add support in an update. Logitech were "out" of the console peripheral market. Now there are rumours of a g29 so it is possible but from what I know it's down to Logitech. I could be wrong but this is my understanding of it all. My personal opinion is why release the drivers when u can bring out a new wheel (g29) and earn money selling that. Again from my understanding it would only be supported if game developers included the drivers.

***edit*** sorry re read this and I think I misunderstood your question! I assumed u ment ps4 firmware update in which case my reply stands. However I now think you mean project cars update on ps4 in which case yes future compatibility could be added but I doubt we will see g25 or g27 support for some time if at all.