PDA

View Full Version : Connection Lost issue during time trial

Kruleworld
03-06-2015, 00:00
I'm having issues with Pcars-PC if internet connection is lost, it kicks me out of the game and i have to restart to be able to fix it. (adsl 3 Mbps)

Not only does the game instantly come up with a message 'connection lost' while driving, it forces you to go back to main menu 'race central'. i can't just go back into time trial because it's now locked and i need to restart the whole game. the 'disconnection' must have been very short, because the was internet is working fine.

game box says internet connection required for online play and activation, but nothing for anything else. why is a constant internet connection needed for time trial? I'm thinking the only internet is required is to submit times, which i care nothing about.

EA gets a lot of flack for having 'always on' internet connection... I think this game needs some flack too.

ex_
03-06-2015, 00:50
all racing games that use a time trial mode these days do require you are entered into an online portion of the game, although it may not seem like your typical online room. You are at least getting periodic updates via internet through the game (not patches, but updates) which tell the game which Time trials are currently active and feeds the leaderboards (both others' times and to enter your own). So, for those reasons yes, you do need a connection to a server in order to be validly participating in the time trial.

However, other fully "offline" activity should not require an online connection. I even believe someone posted here about a setting in steam to go into offline mode. Steam settings are probably where you want to be in order to disable this. But, that would also mean no more TT's.

Aldo Zampatti
03-06-2015, 01:24
Time Trial is an online-ish feature because of the times/ghosts upload.

Please, try to express your thoughts and frustrations in a better way. There's no need of that kind of languages, we're all civilized people around here and should stay that way.

TenthDan
03-06-2015, 01:54
Renamed thread title.