PDA

View Full Version : T300rs wheel isn't working...please help!!!!

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 02:29
http://youtu.be/-88-ZeWjGdw

I have hooked it up to the computer and downloaded the latest v24 firmware. I have trouble after every race and when I restart the PS4. It just spins around and never finds the home location. This is furiating me big time. What is going on. The last race my wheel was upside down as the home location! Seriously!! I've done everything I've seen to do. Please help. I would love to be able to use my 400 dollar wheel. It's getting very upsetting to say the least. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

jason
03-06-2015, 02:35
1) Have you calibrated the wheel , in game ? @ 900 deg not 90 deg

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 02:48
Yep I have. It won't even recognize it in game as the controller in use anymore. It just spins like it does in the video I took above.

jason
03-06-2015, 02:57
Im sorry bud I cant see the video , its asking me to sign in .

jason
03-06-2015, 02:59
Ok lets start as I cant see the video , plug t300 in and start your ps4 .

click on project cars with you ps4 controller to boot the game up , then once the game is running click the x button on your wheel , not your ps4 controller.

ChrisK
03-06-2015, 03:15
Plug it back into your pc and make sure that the wheel is recognised and the firmware loaded up ok. There could have been an error in the update or a corrupt file. If all else fails do a full reboot.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T300RS/T300RS_Bootloader_V24_Dec2014.pdf

Diablo944
03-06-2015, 03:47
Also cant see video, getting sign in message

Katilla
03-06-2015, 06:32
Video will not be published! :confused:

Texmex675
03-06-2015, 07:34
You made sure the wheel is in Ps4 mode?

_MB_
03-06-2015, 08:15
Video is private you need to edit video in youtube and change to public for us to see

joking_aura
03-06-2015, 11:56
This sound like a wheel issue not pcars. Try reloading the firmware. If that does not work contact Thrustmaster. Good luck. I have been trying to get them to respond to an issue of mine through email for several days.

joridiculous
03-06-2015, 12:14
You made sure the wheel is in Ps4 mode?
Doesn't matter. It will be recognized as a T500, and share/PS-button (maybe also Options)want work. Thats it.

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 13:16
Ok change the video to public

We have done the firmware a thousand times and it works once or twice and then I'm back to it doing this. It frustrating to say the least as to why after a couple races or turning the PS4 off and coming back to this. Any help please would be appreciated!!!

Marrrfooo
03-06-2015, 13:23

We have done the firmware a thousand times and it works once or twice and then I'm back to it doing this. It frustrating to say the least as to why after a couple races or turning the PS4 off and coming back to this. Any help please would be appreciated!!!

When you 'power off' your PS4 do you put it into Rest Mode or a full shutdown? And, when you do this, are you leaving the wheel plugged in?

I understand there have been issues causes by leaving the wheel plugged in when turning the console off and then back on again if it was left in Rest Mode whilst still plugged in (not sure if that was if that was if it was put in Rest Mode whilst the game was running or not)...

HarryHoodlum
03-06-2015, 13:25

ChrisK
03-06-2015, 13:26

Did u use the boot procedure I linked to above ?

Diablo944
03-06-2015, 13:34
When you 'power off' your PS4 do you put it into Rest Mode or a full shutdown? And, when you do this, are you leaving the wheel plugged in?

I understand there have been issues causes by leaving the wheel plugged in when turning the console off and then back on again if it was left in Rest Mode whilst still plugged in (not sure if that was if that was if it was put in Rest Mode whilst the game was running or not)...

If the game is running and the ps4 is put into standby (and the game is then suspended), it creates the ninety degree left quirk at some point when the ps4 has been woken up again. Either straight away, or when starting a race. I found if i closed the game down and used suspend it was fine. Disabling game suspend in the power settings of the ps4 prevents the issue.

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 14:13
I turn it completely off when I'm done. Not rest mode.

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 14:14
I also am unplugging the wheel when I'm done playing.

Diablo944
03-06-2015, 14:20
Was actually more of a confirmation for marfoo than a direct answer, but as you are disconnecting I have no idea, last thing i can ask is whether you are using a hub or plugging direct into ps4, after that i think its time for a direct appeal to thrustmaster

_MB_
03-06-2015, 14:32
Without power from centre point you should be able to turn 1 and a half turns before it stops.I could be wrong and i hope i am as i have had this problem.when spinning anticlockwise it looks like it spun further than it should have?

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 14:35
Plugging it straight to the PS4. Just can't figure out why one race it will be fine and the next it's not?!? And now all it does is what the video shows and that it's not showing up on game as that it's on. It just spins around like video shows. Has been like this since game came out. One race fine then this. Frustrating

Chappyjoker
03-06-2015, 14:37
And thanks for everyone's input. I can use as much as I can for this problem. At my wits end lol. Again thanks and keep the suggestions coming.

Diablo944
03-06-2015, 19:47
Hate to say it, but i think you are at the end of the road in terms of user efforts. Its thrustmaster time. (How wrong does that sound?).

I cant in any way see the game being responsible or we would all be having troubles. We all run the same ps4 firmware, and all on same version of pcars, with all the t300 users on the same song sheet. From here, it sounds li you have a wheel problem. Ie, your wheel is the problem. No offence intended but it looks like all the avenues of fault finding have been covered, leaving only one variable, the wheel you own.

Marrrfooo
05-06-2015, 09:22
Only other thing I can think of is changing the wheel full lock settings on the wheel itself and seeing if that has any effect (i.e. setting the wheel to 360 deg rotation rather than 900).

Additionally there is a recovery/reinstallation type procedure for the wheel - doing that as a last resort before contacting TM might be useful/help - its detailed on their site somewhere...