PDA

View Full Version : To Fanatec GT3 RS v2 users that want stronger FFB

mattcwell
03-06-2015, 06:33
So after a couple of weeks, I think I found a combination of settings that finally feels really good. I will preface what I am about to say with a disclaimer that what I did will probably not make you faster. It may not make you slower either, but what I am after is the feeling of driving a car, which means the feeling of the tires on the road beneath you, and the force that should be required to turn the wheel. This is something that I could not sense by simply applying Jack Spade's FFB profiles. The wheel always felt vey weak, even when applying the strongest settings in Jack's post. It felt very slidey, the dreaded driving on ice feeling. I am also not overly concerned with FFB clipping, and haven't actually observed whether clipping is happening. I know that may sound sacreligious to some die hards, but as long as it feels good to me, that's what I'm concerned about most of all.

Speaking of Jack Spade, I use his profiles in combination with bmanic's global FFB settings, with a couple of modifications to each. We all owe both of them a huge thank you, and I am in the camp that believes that these gentlemen should be entitled to keys to each and every future DLC, not only for their contributions, but to help in dialing in the settings for those.

So step one was to follow bmanic's FFB guide, found here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25046-bManic-s-latest-FFB-experiments-possibly-working-universally-for-all-wheels

Step two is to download and follow the instructions for Jacks FFB files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

These two steps provide the foundation. From here, all I did was up the tire force in the PCars global FFB to between 130-150, which will depend on specific car and track.

And then, perhaps the most important step, was to change the values in the individual FFB files included in Jacks tweaked files. Located in the .xml are values for spindlemasterscale, and sopscale. These are typically at around 0.3-0.4 depending on the individual car. I find that changing them to somewhere at or near 1.0 provided the desired result for me. Always make these 2 values the same, whatever value you decide on.

Again, FFB is a matter of preference, and with so many combinations of wheels and tastes, there is not a single set of settings that will make everyone happy. If you are like me and prefer strong FFB, try these settings and hopefully you'll find them as enjoyable as I do.