PDA

View Full Version : Love this game!!!!

SteveSN
03-06-2015, 06:51
So I bought this game when it came out and have been in love ever since. There have been some down moments sure but for the most part it's been brilliant. All assists off except traction control. Once I tinkered with controller settings and some minimal tuning its been great. I've spent most of my time climbing the GT ranks in career. Just tonight after finishing the gt3 euro championship I decided to take the contract for rookie lmp3. Holy sugar I love this car!!!! Just wanted to throw it out there. I can't wait to move up the lmp ranks!

lordymatsuo
03-06-2015, 07:45
haha great post, refreshing to see a post where at the end there isn't a "BUT" comment.

Loving the game here also :)

daddyboosive
03-06-2015, 11:00
The game is quality with a wheel BUT herrendous with a pad.

Proteus Maximus
03-06-2015, 13:32

It's excellent with a pad, if a little on the twitchy-side.

daddyboosive
03-06-2015, 15:05
If you don't know any different it might be. Get yourself a wheel, get to grips with it. Then try and go back to using a pad. You'll turn green and start Hulk smashing everything and everyone in your vicinity lol.

HarryHoodlum
03-06-2015, 16:38
If you don't know any different it might be. Get yourself a wheel, get to grips with it. Then try and go back to using a pad. You'll turn green and start Hulk smashing everything and everyone in your vicinity lol.

Couple of the top racers in our group use pads and consistently win qualifying/races. Default pad settings are twitchy but they can be wrangled into working well.

HeeseyChelmet
03-06-2015, 16:45
I've had a wheel for 2 weeks and have to say, I can use either. I like the pad and the wheel. Lap times are almost identical

McKiernan
03-06-2015, 16:53
I've had a wheel for a few years now & when I try with a pad I will rage quit :mad: at some point.
Love this game also, is just the game I've been waiting for.

ROTTEN
03-06-2015, 17:22

Get a clue. The game plays excellent with a pad. It only plays bad for people who are too damn lazy to adjust settings and practice.

daddyboosive
03-06-2015, 18:04
Lol at you lot. I'm not lazy nor lacking skill. How can using something that requires you to physically move both your arms and feet be lazy. Please explain it to me because I'm struggling to grasp it... haha. I can still win races though and be competitive. It's just not enjoyable believe me. You're constantly making adjustments which makes it sketchy. And you can't feel what the car is doing on the track. Get a wheel, get used to using it and then go back to a pad. You'll see exactly what I mean. I 100% guarantee it.

I'll be sitting over here eating my humble pie when you do :D

ROTTEN
03-06-2015, 18:41
Get a wheel, get used to using it and then go back to a pad. I'll be sitting over here eating my humble pie when you do :D

That's like saying get a controller, get used to using it and then go back to using a wheel. Of course it feels better when you are used to using it, you make no sense. No thanks. Controller is all I need. Your humble pie tastes like poop cakes. Now stop all of this get a wheel crap ...... controller users will use controllers. Wheel users will use wheels. Simple ehh?

daddyboosive
03-06-2015, 19:20
I used a pad for years. Then about 8 years ago I bought a wheel. Never been able to go back since.

chig88
03-06-2015, 19:42
Positive thread praising a game degenerates into an argument over controllers. Welcome to the internet.........

OG-Fed
03-06-2015, 19:47
I played with a wheel for many years back in the 90's with Papyrus games - Grand Prix Legends, and Nascar. I also used it for World Circuit by Microprose.

In my somewhat advanced age, I no longer use a wheel. I just use the DS4 as I have two kids, play on the living room TV on the PS4, and don't want to drag out plastic $400 peripherals that my kids will end up breaking anyway. If I was single I'd own a wheel, but a pad works just fine with Pcars.