PDA

View Full Version : Ability to save the camera position?

Max Kelly
03-06-2015, 07:05
I have my driving position very close to the TV, every time I go on the track with the helmet or cockpit cam, I need to move the camera through ctrl + k and the keys W / S / A / D / Q / E / 8 / 2 [to position the height of the dashboard of my car (in-game) like my steering wheel (in real rig)], my problem is that this position can not be saved, and then return to the track every time I do the rash to move the camera of each car.

Ralle
03-06-2015, 17:49
Hi Max,

as far as i know the Camera-positions that were set with Ctrl+K wont be saved. But you can also move the Camera with the WASDQE82-keys without using Ctrl+K (if you already knew that excuse my blasphemy :rolleyes:). Camera Positions that were set up this way (without Ctrl+K) will be saved. You wont have "all the freedom" of Cameramovement as with Ctrl+K, but for me its enough.

Stay fast
Ralle

Max Kelly
03-06-2015, 18:33
I unfortunately need to use the pitch to position the camera, (through ctrl + k then using 2 and 8 of the numeric keypad)
otherwise have no way to couple the same height of the steering wheel and dashboard, they are within 10 cm of difference

Max Kelly
03-06-2015, 19:07
I did some tests now, do not save the positions of the camera with or without using ctrl + k

Ralle
03-06-2015, 20:57
Hmmm, weird. It works for me. Sorry i couldnīt help you.
Now i get crazy and think about stuff like your Driver Profile (or is there a file just for camera settings? - dont know :confused: ) was set to "read-only" at some point. A point after you made all the other tweaks in the options... Like i said crazy...
Someone else any idea?

Stay fast
Ralle

paulo1966
04-06-2015, 09:20
Perhaps we can lobby devs to include a per car field of view and point of view setting - this feature exists in assetto corsa and frankly is excellent as some cars are scaled differently to others in game, so you need to adjust to line up clocks and steering wheel. This my first post and not sure where to lodge request - any ideas? ��

In assetto it's called onboard settings and allows you to position camera according to pitch, height and seat position and is saved on a per car basis , QED

Bruno Alexandre
04-06-2015, 09:29
Unless i misunderstanding the issue here, you can move the seat forward/backwards, up and down and you can pitch up and down as well. The only thing that remains common to all cars is the FOV but the seats are per vehicle.

paulo1966
05-06-2015, 04:31
Hi - just to explain . I use cockpit view and have the screen directly in front of my sim wheel. when I setup seat and pitch for say the ruf, so the clocks are rightly positioned relative to my real steering wheel, run some laps - all good. Then swap to formula rookie car, the clocks are set far too low, so I adjust pitch and seat position run laps all good - but if I swap back to ruf again, I again have to adjust seat and pitch to position gauges correctly for my steering wheel view - so it appears that the per car seat and pitch settings are not sticking. I can send a photo to show what i mean if this would help. Thanks

jgaganas
05-06-2015, 07:20
Unless i misunderstanding the issue here, you can move the seat forward/backwards, up and down and you can pitch up and down as well. The only thing that remains common to all cars is the FOV but the seats are per vehicle.

Is there a way to "reset" to default seat position for a specific car (messed around a little to much)?

Max Kelly
05-06-2015, 07:25
Unless i misunderstanding the issue here, you can move the seat forward/backwards, up and down and you can pitch up and down as well. The only thing that remains common to all cars is the FOV but the seats are per vehicle.if I move the camera onboard, the position is not saved.
The next day when I open my Pcars have to move all cameras of each car again.

jgaganas
05-06-2015, 07:32
No i meant seat positions (not cam-position), so "wasd+pitch" without ctrl+k (this gets saved per car).

Max Kelly
05-06-2015, 07:44
No i meant seat positions (not cam-position), so "wasd+pitch" without ctrl+k (this gets saved per car).which pitch without ctrl + k?

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 07:48
which pitch without ctrl + k?

You can map buttons in the controller options to pitch the seat. ;)

jgaganas
05-06-2015, 07:53

Yeah this, but what about the reset? I just started to make screenshots of the default-pov (for going back later) :D

I'm afraid thats it's saved within default.sav (with everything else)...

Max Kelly
05-06-2015, 07:57

which?

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 08:06
which?

They're called "Seat angle up" and "Seat angle down" in the options.

falcon2081
05-06-2015, 08:11
How would I go about resetting this? Would I just hit reset on the car setup? I ask because sometimes I play with the "w&s" to get a better view in a specific car but forget to put it back to where it was before.

Bruno Alexandre
05-06-2015, 10:10
Is there a way to "reset" to default seat position for a specific car (messed around a little to much)?
There's no reset option.

Max Kelly
05-06-2015, 10:51
They're called "Seat angle up" and "Seat angle down" in the options.found, with the Italian translation was not clear its function.

Max Kelly
10-06-2015, 15:21
sometimes the camera position will not be saved, even if I only use the WASD tast.
:(

poirqc
10-06-2015, 23:12
You'll wreck your eyes if you stand too close of the TV!;)

Saloei
13-06-2015, 16:03
We need a save option for Ctrl+K custom view settings!!!

paulo1966
10-07-2015, 08:16
Hi - I am still unable to save camera position per car having moved the seat. if I swap to another car, or leave pcars and then run it again, the seat position appears to still not be saved per car? Has this been addressed? thanks in advance, Paul

Kunal_Racedriver
16-07-2015, 17:00
There's no reset option.

I think numpad 5 will reset the seat position (try both with and without Ctrl + k). It will reset FOV as well.

I am also unable to save my camera positions and have to ctrl + k and adjust every time I start. I hope it gets fixed in the future.

Wildcat270
29-08-2015, 04:12
Is there a way to move the head positon left and right?

Maurice Boeschen
29-10-2015, 19:37
Similar issue here
Every now and then the camera position of a car is reset. I adjust the seat position normally, choose a different car and go back to the previously adjusted car and the camera position is not saved sometimes.

MAARTEN
29-10-2015, 21:13
Same problem occur for me as well. Sometimes the seat position is reverted back to default setting although i haven't touched anything. Just driven a different car and return later to a car to drive and seat position has changed.

mister dog
29-10-2015, 21:50
Anyone know why the seat position adjustments are limited in range for PCARS? You can only move the seat up and down/back and forwards a limited amount so that means that in many cases i can't get it perfect.

Does jerking around with control + K work better as i haven't tried that yet? Or is that just the standard mapping for the basic seat adjustments?

Also as wildcat asks, anyway to position left/right?

Kunal_Racedriver
30-10-2015, 13:11
I guess left/right movement will just lead to misalignment and perspective distortion. I avoid it at all cost. We won't like our driver to sit offset with respect to steering wheel:wink-new:.
I too adjust my position with ctrl+k and numpad 8/2 keys every time for a new session. It has become a habit now but still if Pcars can remember this, it will be better.

Gobymage
11-11-2015, 08:07
I guess left/right movement will just lead to misalignment and perspective distortion. I avoid it at all cost. We won't like our driver to sit offset with respect to steering wheel:wink-new:.
I too adjust my position with ctrl+k and numpad 8/2 keys every time for a new session. It has become a habit now but still if Pcars can remember this, it will be better.

Some people can avoid left/right movement because they use a little screen so the difference is not very important.
With bigger screen, it is not acceptable.

Philm
08-02-2016, 07:16
UP !

It would be really nice to save the settings for each car is tiresome to settle each time with CTRL + K !!!

The views are not all adjustable without CTRL + K, or the settings are limited in amplitude, why ???

These settings are very useful for our cockpits, but you also save

ps; Have you noticed a change in brightness when you cross the windshield by regulating the cockpit view?

Udd-
08-02-2016, 15:18
To reset the seat you can always go max amount up in height and then 13 steps down. Sames with forward/backward. Go all the way forward and then 13 Step backs. Will get you to the default for 97% of the cars.
You'll will then end up with 13 steps down or back as well wich is default. For the pitch you go all the way down and then 16 steps up wich is default.
What I've done on my wheel (G29) is to record a macro wich presses ctrl+K and then hold d for one second for example and then a tiny bit up with w for maybe 0.2 sec and then hit ctrl+K two times in a row to get me back to not being in free cam mode.
And then assign this to a button on my wheel so it does all the setup I need in one press.
Also done a macro for resetting the seat, but it just take a lot of time to wait for it to scroll up and then down in all t go thinkable ways until it's back to default. So yes a reset seat and save cam with ctrl K would be awesome!! Or just remove the limits wich you can move the seat and problems solved. Just like on the Ruf yellowbird which doesn't have a limited seat movement.

Fre.Mo
08-02-2016, 19:39
Why are the seat position limited in amplitude?
Why can t we adjust each cam view using the assigned seat postion keys (I have a button box on ps4 and can t use ctrl k).

wadafaka
08-02-2016, 22:04
Why are the seat position limited in amplitude?
Why can t we adjust each cam view using the assigned seat postion keys (I have a button box on ps4 and can t use ctrl k).

Well even if you do play on PC, it's still a hassle using ctrl+k because the position is not saved... unlike normal seat settings. If they allow more free seat positioning (that gets saved properly) that would be awesome. I suppose that would kind of invalidate the "force in car view" option though, because ctrl+k allows you to put the camera pretty much anywhere.

Udd-
08-02-2016, 22:31
In case you didn't know, you can hook up a USB keyboard to the ps4 and use ctrl + K, but you probably knew that.
Still won't save but better than nothing

Coanda
29-03-2016, 06:11
Same for me, seat position & HUD adjustments keeps resting.

Philm
29-03-2016, 18:04
Hi, if there was a save of all views for all cars, with free adjustment CTRL K, that would be awesome !!! huge, terrible, great, enormous, ... but I do not believe ... that's why I stopped playing it with my cockpit and projector is too long to fix everything every time !!! pffff

MaRcIu
16-04-2016, 12:55
I changed FOV some days ago and now the camera is very close on every car. I want to use a lower fov now, since bought a new 21:9 monitor, and can't get the default view saved. every time I choose a car I have to hit ctrl+k and then numpad 5 to reset. it's good position when reset but it does not save. how to restore at least the settings for this fov? I don't play this game as much I wanted to because of this annoying problem

Jezziem
16-04-2016, 13:47
This would be a very nice feature!

MaRcIu
16-04-2016, 14:06
This would be a very nice feature!

Shouldn't be a feature. imagine now you need to do this for every car, for every camera, every time you race. I don't want to delete my saves and start all over again.

MaRcIu
20-04-2016, 15:14
edit: I managed to restore settings but noticed I have to used 95+ fov to see mirrors. I want to use 55š fov and edit the camera to see the mirrors and save it. any hint?