PDA

View Full Version : New T300rs today, question?

MLT24
03-06-2015, 12:37
What should I do first? Hook it up to PS4 and play, hook up to PC to check for firmware, or does it update through PS4? With all the problems out there with this wheel on Pcars I want to start out right. Is there anyway to know what latest firmware is and if my new T300 already is updated? Tx for any help!

McKiernan
03-06-2015, 12:48
I don't think it makes any difference to be honest, but I went with updating the firmware on PC first just in case. Had no issues so far.

See here for a link to latest firmware http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=15

muscular
03-06-2015, 12:48
update the firmware on ur pc, ensure ur on ps3 mode, latest firmware is v24. After update, ensure u put into ps4 mode and power ur wheel before u enter the game.

RonDv
03-06-2015, 12:49
What should I do first? Hook it up to PS4 and play, hook up to PC to check for firmware, or does it update through PS4? With all the problems out there with this wheel on Pcars I want to start out right. Is there anyway to know what latest firmware is and if my new T300 already is updated? Tx for any help!

I believe you can only update the firmware thru a PC/laptop with the T300RS switched to PS3. After that, switch it to PS4 and calibrate your wheel in the PS4 system menu first before calibrating in pCARS. That's how my friend did it.

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 12:49
Checking for latest firmware first would be my recommendation.

TimN
03-06-2015, 12:54
I just plugged mine in the day the game was released, had no issues what so ever

Dents27
03-06-2015, 13:04
I initially plugged it straight in, but my brake only registered 50% of the time which was very frustrating. I would definitely recommend plugging it in to a PC first and updating it before using it. After I did the update it worked perfectly!

Diablo944
03-06-2015, 13:19
Just plugged mine in. No issues

MLT24
03-06-2015, 17:13
OK just got done updating on PC. Now onto PS4. Wish me luck. This wheel is sweet to the touch! Best wheel I have ever had was the DFGT, loved it, lasted forever! Ready for a huge step up now!

Bouyo
03-06-2015, 18:34
Remember to plug into power and ps4 BEFORE switching on ps4 power. Also, if ps4 goes into rest mode then FFB will be messed up. You'll have to reset the ps4 (as far as I know) to regain FFB despite the fact that it goes through a calibration cycle when ps4 is taken out of rest mode. Someone correct me if there's a better way.

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 18:51
Mmm...I only plug in the usb (wheel) once I am on ps4 main menu. Then press ps button on wheel. And launch game from there...This is done according to T.M facebook page.

Diablo944
03-06-2015, 19:08
I never unplug the wheel, just for reference. Reading that looked like you were going to do it that way every time.

MLT24
04-06-2015, 16:56
Well I had to do the same thing I did with my T80 or the wheel will turn itself off after 5 mins. I have to use the Wheel navigation and go to PS4 settings and tell the controller to never cut off. Can't just do it with DS4 controller, it has to be done with Wheel itself.

I had the game freeze once and the wheel went into this rocking stage, back and forth. PS4 had never frozen on me before, hope this doesn't become an issue because of the wheel. Cut PS4 off and everything went back to normal. Raced for about 6 hours with no more problems. Wheel worked great. Oh I did turn off the mode where the game stays current when in sleep mode per TM.

wyldanimal
04-06-2015, 19:42
Well I had to do the same thing I did with my T80 or the wheel will turn itself off after 5 mins. I have to use the Wheel navigation and go to PS4 settings and tell the controller to never cut off. Can't just do it with DS4 controller, it has to be done with Wheel itself.

I had the game freeze once and the wheel went into this rocking stage, back and forth. PS4 had never frozen on me before, hope this doesn't become an issue because of the wheel. Cut PS4 off and everything went back to normal. Raced for about 6 hours with no more problems. Wheel worked great. Oh I did turn off the mode where the game stays current when in sleep mode per TM.

I'd rather that TM didn't advise that Setting.
Because now In other Games that you Can Suspend, they will also get closed when you go to rest mode.

Better, is to Just Always Close the Project Cars App, before you put the PS4 in Rest mode.
(press and Hold the PS button for 2 seconds, then Close the App, then Press PS again and enter rest mode )

I'd Put that Check mark back in that Box, and Just Close the pCars app itself.,

Then all the other Games to allow suspend mode will continue to work.

diesel97
04-06-2015, 20:00
I'd rather that TM didn't advise that Setting.
Because now In other Games that you Can Suspend, they will also get closed when you go to rest mode.

Better, is to Just Always Close the Project Cars App, before you put the PS4 in Rest mode.
(press and Hold the PS button for 2 seconds, then Close the App, then Press PS again and enter rest mode )

I'd Put that Check mark back in that Box, and Just Close the pCars app itself.,

Then all the other Games to allow suspend mode will continue to work.

I just turned off " USB stay on for 3 hours" in rest mode and make sure to close app

wyldanimal
04-06-2015, 20:29
I just turned off " USB stay on for 3 hours" in rest mode and make sure to close app

I use that to recharge my Head set and DS4 while in Rest mode. So my USB stays on..
But I manually shut Down pCars app, then go to rest mode.

diesel97
04-06-2015, 20:36
I use that to recharge my Head set and DS4 while in Rest mode. So my USB stays on..
But I manually shut Down pCars app, then go to rest mode.

I have a USB port on my TV i use to charge my stuff.