PDA

View Full Version : Exiting pits.. One minute after blown engine?!

Lagoa
03-06-2015, 14:02
LMP1 Endurance series. I always watch my water temp after a small tap with an opponent. If it increases I enter pits and this fixes it most of the time.
But this time I entered the pit after a small crash and when I entered water temp was at 112c or something. I exit pits, temp slowly starts dropping and one minute after I get a blown engine? Wtf..... What happened?

Lagoa
03-06-2015, 15:33
Anyone? This really sucked because I was 2hours and half in a 3hour race. So I'd like to know what to look at in the future.

Umer Ahmad
03-06-2015, 15:51
When you exit pits and AI has control of your car the game switches to simple "AI physics" so you cannot trust these numbers. When the player is given back control of the car the game switches immediately to the real "Player Physics".

Was it possible you were looking at the numbers while AI had control of your car?

townnet
03-06-2015, 16:01
Tuning your radiator before race start...

Umer Ahmad
03-06-2015, 16:09
Also in a upcoming patch SMS will make these LMP radiators more strong, they break a little too easily right now

Lagoa
03-06-2015, 16:33
When you exit pits and AI has control of your car the game switches to simple "AI physics" so you cannot trust these numbers. When the player is given back control of the car the game switches immediately to the real "Player Physics".

Was it possible you were looking at the numbers while AI had control of your car?

No I'm sure. Because when the engine blew I was at 109c water temp. And entering pits with 114c or something, getting it fixed and exit pits and then the engine blows. Just doesn't make sense to me.

MkvMike
03-06-2015, 18:56
The fact that you were already 2.5 hours into a 3 hour race could be part of it. Endurance racing isn't easy on a car something that happened internally 5 laps in and could have slowly gotten worse over the race. Could have had nothing to do with your pit stop. Happens all the time in real life.

Lagoa
03-06-2015, 19:18
The fact that you were already 2.5 hours into a 3 hour race could be part of it. Endurance racing isn't easy on a car something that happened internally 5 laps in and could have slowly gotten worse over the race. Could have had nothing to do with your pit stop. Happens all the time in real life.

I'm not saying it has something to do with the pit stop. But I saw the temp decreasing after exiting pits, so I thought everything was good. That just doesn't make sense to me for the engine to blow. And happens all the time you say in real life, but not in this game. I've read that mechanical failures are never random.

Worst part is that guy I crashed into didn't even had to pit... Life he didn't get any damage from the crash. He just kept on racing. So long the AI doesn't have mechanical failures or uberhaupt have damage I will opt out the mechanical failures I guess.