PDA

View Full Version : [2016] Assetto Corsa coming to Xbox One and PS4

Dreco
03-06-2015, 14:43
So after pCars, another racing sim comes to consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=64&v=XdejU7orTuk

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as

- Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
- Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
- Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game

http://www.assettocorsa.net/coming-to-console-2016/

MysterG
03-06-2015, 14:51
If true they are really going to have to pull out the stops as far as content goes because people manage to complain about how 'little' we have, and I doubt the console versions will be open to community modding.

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 14:53
Isn't that really a little disrespectful starting a discussion on that here? Seems wrong to me, you mods are just too nice:)

cornishbrooksy
03-06-2015, 14:55
Its in off topic, this place is pretty free.....in the WMD forums there is a multi thousand page thread about AC, so competitors are embraced rather than dismissed.

MysterG
03-06-2015, 14:56
Isn't that really a little disrespectful starting a discussion on that here? Seems wrong to me, you mods are just too nice:)

Not at all.

First rule of Off Topic

Welcome to the Off Topic Discussion forum!
In here, you can discuss other racing sims and pretty much everything else that comes to mind

Usual forum rules apply of course as far as behavior goes.

BDR Daz
03-06-2015, 14:59

I dont think so, its all competition, Project Cars has blown Forza out the water which means they will step their game up, Asseto Corsa will make both games step up, its healthy for the genre

We as a racing community have been swept under the carpet with barely any games whilst waves and waves of FPS come out, im glad this is coming and I cant wait to manage my time between 3 games that have been pushed by the competition

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 15:11
Fair enough, if it was my forum about my product I wouldn't like it, but it's not:) and I don't even have a console anymore so nothing to do with me at all. Would say that AC on PC isn't a patch on P cars for me, but that's a personal opinion too.

JessicaWalter
03-06-2015, 15:11
over twenty tracks and up to 24 ai (and thats on pc so console will prolly have less ai)?

i haven't played it but it's not impressing me with the numbers now that pcars is on my ps4 hdd. it looks like a good game tho and ive been wanting to try it. ill prolly get it but with pcars already i won't be eagerly awaiting it or anything.

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 15:15
Never played this one - you have any detail on what it offers, I mean as in currently on PC ? Seeing the Ferrari's makes me excited and with it's release in 2016 Forza6 will be out already and Project Cars 2 will most probably also be closing in on release. Gonna be tough times for AC I think.

gp20
03-06-2015, 15:21
http://www.assettocorsa.net/coming-to-console-2016/#modding

Sparky28
03-06-2015, 15:26
So they are taking a massive gap in pc development to do console development on a game that half finished anyway? Nicely done its lacking so much content and not even an update since April doubt I'll ever play it again nevermind

Dutchmountains
03-06-2015, 15:28
Thank god there is Project Cars!

Mahjik
03-06-2015, 15:29
Merged threads together..

LADY GEMMA JANE
03-06-2015, 15:29
It looks good !

JessicaWalter
03-06-2015, 15:32
3rd thread about this

LADY GEMMA JANE
03-06-2015, 15:34
haha yup

BDR Daz
03-06-2015, 15:35
Never played this one - you have any detail on what it offers, I mean as in currently on PC ? Seeing the Ferrari's makes me excited and with it's release in 2016 Forza6 will be out already and Project Cars 2 will most probably also be closing in on release. Gonna be tough times for AC I think.

If other games and trends are anything to go by, we wont see Project Cars 2 for another couple years (into 2017) ...

Mahjik
03-06-2015, 15:35
Merged in another thread..

gp20
03-06-2015, 15:39
console = huge income

KingTiger80
03-06-2015, 15:40
Great News! I really love Project Cars but as you all know: A strong competition on the "marketplace" could be a great initial point for high quality products/ future content ;-)

Maruba
03-06-2015, 15:43
Except the physics, its not a strong competition at all. it lacks in content and the multiplayer is far away from beeing any good.its a half-finished product on pc.without the modding community it wouldn't have much content

MysterG
03-06-2015, 15:43
Great News! I really love Project Cars but as you all know: A strong competition on the "marketplace" could be a great initial point for high quality products/ future content ;-)

That competition needs to bring more than Italian car licenses to the table though ;)

KingTiger80
03-06-2015, 15:48
Hey..they have the Audi Sport Quattro....not so bad ;-) Just kidding... I agree with yout both. But what happens when only one big player "owns" the market can be seen, if you follow most of the products from EA....

yusupov
03-06-2015, 15:52
yep, this is good news for everyone.

kunos really goes hard after premium content, it may sway sms to dole out a little more for some licenses we'd all like to see.

JessicaWalter
03-06-2015, 15:58
i wouldn't care if i had to buy multiple good racing games to get certain cars/tracks. the way i look at it, at least there would BE multiple good racing games on console. there's usually one or two good ones but even the good ones were only "good" relative to other console racing games. pcars set a new standard and im hoping a lot more serious games come to the consoles.

RedDave84
03-06-2015, 16:01
I see an angry wife and a racing wheel in my future.....

little fella
03-06-2015, 16:21
Just read that Assetto Corsa is coming to consoles.
Not played it myself as I do not have a pc but a mate of mine swears by it.Abit more competion does no harm so its all good news for xboxone owners . Obviously Forza 6 coming aswell should be fantastic.
Anyone here played Assetto Corsa?

JessicaWalter
03-06-2015, 16:22
4th

MysterG
03-06-2015, 16:27
Merged :watermelon:

Plato99
03-06-2015, 16:28
Looks nice but the track roster is uninspiring. There are only so many versions of Silverstone and Nurburgring a man needs.
Would probably buy it for the Alfa 155 Q4 though :)

mire2
03-06-2015, 16:38
I am sad....why got assetto corsa all the great cars like the ferraris, lamborghinis, corvettes and Pcars not.... :(....i never heard that assetto corsa's producers are so big to buy all the expencive licenses...ok 505 games i know, sure.....i really hope Pcars get all the cars, Pcars is in tracks and graphics miles better, by the car handling feeling i dont know...

mire2
03-06-2015, 16:38
* handling by asseto corsa i dont know

yusupov
03-06-2015, 16:41
I am sad....why got assetto corsa all the great cars like the ferraris, lamborghinis, corvettes and Pcars not.... :(....i never heard that assetto corsa's producers are so big to buy all the expencive licenses...ok 505 games i know, sure.....i really hope Pcars get all the cars, Pcars is in tracks and graphics miles better, by the car handling feeling i dont know...

yes, this is something to be sad about. how awful that there is competition for SMS & the option to buy a sim w/ those licenses if SMS chooses not pay for them :rolleyes:

Zeiss
03-06-2015, 16:52
Hopefully this will get Kunos to finally develop their game. Its been sadly under developed for a long time now. Unless they just port over largely what they have now to consoles and try to market it. If its going to compete then they will have to up their game quite a bit.

RetroNooB
03-06-2015, 17:23
Not at all.

First rule of Off Topic

We dont talk about off topic?

Second rule of off topic...

We dont talk about off topic! :boxing:

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 17:27
If this game gets the M6 GT3 and a R8 LMS Ultra or 2016 R8 LMS they just made $60.

Machinist90
03-06-2015, 17:29
If this game gets the M6 GT3 and a R8 LMS Ultra or 2016 R8 LMS they just made $60.

ditto on the M6 GT3 though I wouldn't be surprised to see it in project cars in the future

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 17:32
This throws a spanner in the works for SMS, do they push features to PCARS (1) or try to push PCARS 2 for an earlier release. That all relies on AS being any good, but I suppose the same is true for GT7

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 17:33
This throws a spanner in the works for SMS, do they push features to PCARS (1) or try to push PCARS 2 for an earlier release. That all relies on AS being any good, but I suppose the same is true for GT7

No spanner whatsoever. We're confident with what we have. Later, you'll see that.

Aldo Zampatti
03-06-2015, 17:38
No spanner whatsoever. We're confident with what we have. Later, you'll see that.

Challenge accepted! :)

I love to see the competition following SMS's steps! That means SMS have done it right :)
Congrats for that Ian

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 17:39

I love the game and cannot wait to see what you role out, which cars we have to drive will decide for some (not me)

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 17:40
By later, I mean, in a years time when the competition aren't covering half of what we are.

Regardless, we're constantly moving further ahead.

RetroNooB
03-06-2015, 17:41

Tbh ive played both AC and PCARS on the same pc/g27 rig, Asseto was great until i got my hands on PCARS im confident SMS will prevail!

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 17:43
I need to be clear, Kunos are a great team and whatever work they do on Xbox or PS will be as solid as it always is.

RoccoTTS
03-06-2015, 17:44
1997 - 2015 : Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport
2016 - 2030 : Project CARS vs Assetto Corsa (RIP Gran Turismo, RIP Forza Motorsport)

Gavin Thomas
03-06-2015, 17:45
This is great news!

I love my consoles and their ease of use, but it was the lack of sim style racers that forced me to PC.
It's great to see developers looking at that market again, I probably won't ever go back to playing on consoles but it can only help the great devs grow and produce more great content.

But I hope they intend on doing more work on AC before they release it, because in it's current shape I don't think it will be received all to well.

jgaganas
03-06-2015, 17:48
Competition is always a good thing, but i agree, they need to catch up a lot in some departments (for sure not an easy task).

Markeeez
03-06-2015, 17:55
The only thing Assetto Corsa has over PCARS for me is Ferrari... Just Ferrari, nothing else.

yusupov
03-06-2015, 17:56
1997 - 2015 : Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport
2016 - 2030 : Project CARS vs Assetto Corsa (RIP Gran Turismo, RIP Forza Motorsport)

the difference is theres no reason for rabid fanboyism of AC or pC.

not that we won't see it in spades...

RoccoTTS
03-06-2015, 18:00
the difference is theres no reason for rabid fanboyism of AC or pC.

not that we won't see it in spades...

And... we can have them both without having to buy 2 consoles and 2 wheels !!

Bounkass
03-06-2015, 18:02
Great news. They see simulators selling well on consoles, I'm afraid all they see is money, though. Can't wait to get my hands on it nonetheless.

turbohondaej1
03-06-2015, 18:06
Wow don't know how I missed this but this is great news for racing fans its finally time consoles get some proper racing games. I hope both games succeed I really like AC but I don't really like playing it on PC I can't wait for this for consoles. I'm just wondering if 2016 means early or late.

gp20
03-06-2015, 18:11
Hopefully this will get Kunos to finally develop their game. Its been sadly under developed for a long time now. Unless they just port over largely what they have now to consoles and try to market it. If its going to compete then they will have to up their game quite a bit.
505games will port the game, they probably have made a license contract with kunos after having seen how much income it can bring.

Bounkass
03-06-2015, 18:26
505games will port the game, they probably have made a license contract with kunos after having seen how much income it can bring.

Great news. They see simulators selling well on consoles, I'm afraid all they see is money, though. Can't wait to get my hands on it nonetheless.

All about money these days, unfortunately.

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 18:30

Are you sure Kunos aren't doing it? I thought 505 were the publisher only.

blowfishrulez
03-06-2015, 18:33
https://www.505games.com/games/assetto-corsa

Developer: Kunos Simulazioni

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 18:36
https://www.505games.com/games/assetto-corsa

Developer: Kunos Simulazioni

Yup. Looks like publisher only unless I'm missing something.

And if so, 505, sort the language out :) - 'with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks'.

GBRC.C7
03-06-2015, 18:36
While I have barely played pCars to this point due to wheel issues I have had a few hours with it and come from a GT background.
I genuinely feel that SMS have moved the genre onto the next level (even given my limited "toe in the water" at the present time) and that all of the console racers will have to react and improve to what SMS have done here.
What further features and developments are to come in this games life cycle remain to be seen, but the current rate of fixing issues and improving features I think bodes very well for us consumers. If SMS were floating on the stock market tomorrow I would definitely be buying. For now though I'll buy into the ethos as the more I've read over the last few weeks the more impressive I think what has been achieved and is still to come to fruition.
On consoles everyone else isn't playing catchup because they didn't even know that the race was on, until a couple of weeks ago and big Dev studios generally tend to be slow to react by their very nature.

Keep at it SMS & WMD, the game just changed and the competition didn't realise in time.

gp20
03-06-2015, 18:37
Are you sure Kunos aren't doing it? I thought 505 were the publisher only.

Yep, you are right though the motivation is still the same.(in 10 months...)

They should be ready for morpheus.

mister dog
03-06-2015, 18:38
I'm secretly hoping both AC and PCARS will evolve to have very different car rosters. At least that will give me a reason to revisit AC once in a while.

gp20
03-06-2015, 18:38
I'm afraid all they see is money, though.
Business is not dirty.

gp20
03-06-2015, 18:40
I'm secretly hoping both AC and PCARS will evolve to have very different car rosters. At least that will give me a reason to revisit AC once in a while.
I'm secretly hoping DriveClub will expand his field with DLCs.;)

blowfishrulez
03-06-2015, 18:41
Its going to be interesting to see how they manage to put 30+ of their AI cars through the weak console CPU, as my i7 regularly struggles with ~16 AI.

GBRC.C7
03-06-2015, 18:42
Business is not dirty.
It is if your business is sewage treatment, but as the saying goes "where there's muck there's brass"....

gp20
03-06-2015, 18:43
It is if your business is sewage treatment, but as the saying goes "where there's much there's brass"....
There is a simulation?

Aldo Zampatti
03-06-2015, 18:49
I've just found these two 'round google:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/8Jreix4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3XF9zEW.jpg

Console market got interesting (since May 7th 2015, obviously) :rolleyes:

EDIT: and a better one :)

http://i.imgur.com/GJaEocA.jpg

Ian Bell
03-06-2015, 18:52
That's Pete, our Director of Production BTW :)

Lars Rosenquist
03-06-2015, 18:58
This news was expected of course (with pictures of PS4 devkits in the Kunos offices floating around), but no less exciting. :) Project CARS has proven that a real sim doesn't need to have the same level of excitement as browsing a spreadsheet and there's no need to dumb things down for consoles. The more competition the merrier, as this forces the big boys to up their ante. Great news for sim/racing game lovers.

JessicaWalter
03-06-2015, 19:04
... a real sim doesn't need to have the same level of excitement as browsing a spreadsheet...

it doesn't NEED to, and i wasn't expecting it to, but project cars managed to be just as exciting. as far as console games go, this one certainly excels.

TPH
03-06-2015, 19:19
Why are assetto corsa people so violent?? :boxing:

Olijke Poffer
03-06-2015, 19:34
I can't drive two games at once so my guess is I'll stick to Pcars. I just get a bit used to Pcars. If I need to learn another race sim I have to start all over again. Not for me... But nice to see more great race sims coming to the consoles. :D

wraithsrike
03-06-2015, 20:02
Just read in VVV and Facebook that Assetto Corsa is coming to the ps4 and XB1 next year, I never see that one coming.

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 20:03
And another merge. :rolleyes:

Mad LL
03-06-2015, 20:03
For those who were wondering, Aristotelis Vasilakos confirmed on the official forum (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ps4-version-imminent.24212/page-8#post-477188) that they're doing the console development in-house.

a team in our studios is doing the console port.

RomKnight
03-06-2015, 20:06
I'm still laughing so hard right in front of some faces it hurts :D

dyr_gl
03-06-2015, 20:07
Aha, so thatīs why we got an unfinished game with bugs that 30 minutes of testing would have spotted. The wolf was behind the corner!

wyldanimal
03-06-2015, 20:10
I think each Title will bring it's own Vision to the Genre.
We, as Sim Drivers can only be Happy to get another Console title to fill our need for Speed. ( not to promote that franchise )

Each one will have it's strong points and it's weaknesses.

I wish I would have had a PC to take a more active role in the last 3 years of Project Cars evolution.
I became a Full Member on the Day I first got wind of it.. and was so looking Forward to Beta testing and do my part.
At that time it was announced for the PS3, which was the Console I was on.

But as we all now know, the PC was the Beta platform.
I never got to take part in all that went on. Only to stand by the side lines and watch it take place.
I picked up the PS4, again hoping I'd get to beta test on it...
I never got to take part in all that went on. Only to stand by the side lines and watch it take place.
I never got to Drive Project Cars on the Console till after it's Release day.

Think about how exciting these times are for all of us.

Instead of slinging dirt towards other titles, we should embrace them, and Learn from their strengths.

I've had two opportunities to drive AC on the PC.
I thought, and still think, AC has got FFB down better than any other title I've driven.
and the Car physics are better than anything else I've got to drive. Maybe because they Feel right...

Too Early to tell with Project Cars for me, as the FFB wheel issues play such an important part in knowing, How does the car feel on the track.
with the next couple of patches, I have High Hopes that the Feeling of the car will be spot on...

From reading all the forum posts in WMD and SMS forums for the past three years
I have to think that Project Cars will deliver some of the Best car and track physics yet.
The math is all there.. just have to deliver that to my finger tips.

In the Next year or two, Sim driving on the Consoles will only get better and better.
Learn from what the competition does well, and also from what they do poorly.

Yes, these are exciting times.. Lets embrace it all.

wraithsrike
03-06-2015, 20:33
I'm sure AC is going to be a good title, but for me project cars ticks most of my boxes it's the only game i actively look forward to coming home from a hard days work and playing.

And I feel we haven't seen half of it yet, Pcars for me just feels right to the point where I don't even feel the need to even try another racer, I'm not knocking AC I'm just really pleased with Pcars and it's team.

Toes 4u
03-06-2015, 21:29

Lamborghini Huracán GT3, McLaren 650s GT3 and Mercedes AMG GT3 a possibility as well?

John Hargreaves
03-06-2015, 21:32
Because he‘s a good professional journalist, Alan at VVV hit the nail on the head the other week just before release, when he said that he believed that once the console players tried a real sim they would find that they actually really enjoyed it. I‘m sure AC have been observing what has happened this last few weeks with interest.

Don‘t forget that there was a possibility that a true sim on console would fall flat on its arse. No one has dared to do that before, and I‘m immensely pleased to see the gamble work, and just how many players ‘get‘ this title. SMS took quite a chance doing this, and I bet there are a few people surprised at how well we‘ve been received.

AC has many positive qualities and it‘s better for all of us to have some competition around to keep everyone on their toes. I‘m glad I have both, but for me pCars is more enjoyable. It‘ll be pretty tough for them to pull it off properly, but I wish them well.

Robhd
03-06-2015, 21:50
I see an angry wife and a racing wheel in my future.....

They tend to come around... In the end... But please for gawds sake no one mention to the girlifriend about the new TM rim i have just had delivered ... Gulp!...lol

jason
03-06-2015, 21:51
ASSETTO CORSA has just been announced for xbox one and ps4 for 2016 , the competition in the sim racing department is hotting up !!! great time to have a ps4 :) and a wheel (t500rs)

Something we all will benefit from as far as I can see , good times for consoles and pc with the likes of dirt , f1 , project cars , GT7 and assetto in the mix .

I love the game you guys have created and I hope you can realise the dream you have for the game as I am enjoying it and cant wait for future Instalments (patches) to see what can be added and improved , I believe this will motivate you guys to fully realise what you want to create for us and will just push you that little harder so we receive the benefits of your work.

Great game RAMP IT UP :)

Bealdor
03-06-2015, 21:55
And another merge. I'm counting 6 now. :rolleyes:

GBRC.C7
03-06-2015, 22:00
If seen lots of hate and fan boy style posts on threads over the last few weeks so thought I would have a look at AC.
From the footage I've seen it looks lovely, but what doesn't in early promo footage, clearly has some great cars licenced and will almost certainly buy it if it delivers on the current program.

Very interesting development with proper sims coming to consoles, I wonder how the GT & Forza publishers will respond, as I don't see either of them wanting to be seen to be chasing the market rather than innovating.

Interesting times.

John Hargreaves
03-06-2015, 22:14
If seen lots of hate and fan boy style posts on threads over the last few weeks so thought I would have a look at AC.

Interesting times.

Honestly mate you would not believe what goes on out there

BDR Daz
03-06-2015, 22:22
And another merge. I'm counting 6 now. :rolleyes:

Search Function must be broken :p

spinkick
03-06-2015, 22:37
Well, if people are bitching about the AI in project cars... we have to discuss something about AC AI... :p

IrideGravity
03-06-2015, 22:51

Gasp. Is PCars going to be an annual release like madden or COD? I think I just puked a little bit in my mouth. If that's true. I'll be playing this until they shut the servers down and move on. You want to make a new game or content and want my money. It better be formula 1 with all the tracks. Or some complete series with the license. Please say this isn't true or clarify why a yearly cycle would be used. Makes no sense for a racing game. Besides money for the developer.

IrideGravity
03-06-2015, 22:57
Well, if people are bitching about the AI in project cars... we have to discuss something about AC AI... :p

Haha. I wondered if they ever finished that game. Did it get online lobbies? Or anything? A career mode? How's a $40 PC title gonna convert to a $60 console title, but likely be missing part of the PC experience because it doesn't port well to console.
Meh

mister dog
03-06-2015, 23:08
I hope both Kunos and SMS do well. Small studios that don't have the backing of a major sponsor and have to survive by introducing fresh ideas and innovative features to their games deserve a lot of respect, especially as they manage to put the big boys to shame in a lot of areas with how detailed their work is, and how much quality they deliver. Small hiccups aside you can see these games were made by passionate people.
Maybe Sector 3 can follow suit and go for consoles who knows.

One thing's for sure, it will change racing games on console for good, as the big players are now forced to be innovative themselves and deliver a more authentic experience.

Oh and a sim on console has been tried before, Race Pro qualifies as one but sadly that game didn't do very well.

BDR Daz
03-06-2015, 23:25
Oh and a sim on console has been tried before, Race Pro qualifies as one but sadly that game didn't do very well.

There were massive bugs in that game like the Career reset bug that were never recognised by the devs nor sorted out so a lot of people got annoyed with the game and left, shame cause like you say it was a Sim and it was a decent game ... when it worked ...

Francorchamps
04-06-2015, 01:36
After enjoying pCARS so much I was glad to see that AC is also coming to consoles but it only has 20+ tracks. What could AC offer me that I can't find in pCARS. I know it has Ferrari and more cars than pCARS but I prefer more tracks than more cars. Is there something I'm missing that should change my mind and give AC a go?

apexatspeed
04-06-2015, 02:41
Gasp. Is PCars going to be an annual release like madden or COD? I think I just puked a little bit in my mouth. If that's true. I'll be playing this until they shut the servers down and move on. You want to make a new game or content and want my money. It better be formula 1 with all the tracks. Or some complete series with the license. Please say this isn't true or clarify why a yearly cycle would be used. Makes no sense for a racing game. Besides money for the developer.

They have already said Project Cars 1 will last 2 years, but they are working on Project Cars 2.

OperatorWay
04-06-2015, 03:17
If there's any good competition coming, I really hope it's true competition in the form of actual game-play instead of a "competition" to see which game company buys more exclusive licencing rights.

MillsLayne
04-06-2015, 04:06
Between this and Fallout 4's announcement, my day has been excellent! As a console gamer, getting not one but TWO great racing sims within a year or two of each other used to be impossible.

TenthDan
04-06-2015, 04:08
Interesting news. My take, as a consumer not a Mod:

Seems a large task for what is constantly stated as a 'small' dev team. They punch above their weight (size?) already, so doing three platforms raises the hope that they have the resources to expand, while still keeping the PC dev moving forward and also acquiring licenses. I think Kunos will be ok there because imo their small team size is by choice, not capital limitations.

I hope the PC version won't stagnate and depend on mods while console versions are developed, but I'm fairly confident that won't happen.

I hope the gameplay will extend to offer more: at the moment I feel most of their appeal (other than decent handling and FFB) is "we got Alpha, Lambo, Ferrari!" and that will only get you so far...

I hope they don't try to 'be' Project CARS, they're too far behind in scope. I do hope they bring more in terms of car upgrades, unique licenses and series, more laser scanned tracks, drift, etc. They can add plenty there.

The gamepad support is already really good in AC, so I'm sure it'll feel very nice on consoles too.

I hope the publisher doesn't interfere too much ;)

Also, all of those defiant in stating pCARS could not possibly be a sim because it's on console, I hope they don't spare AC the same attitude or I might sense some irony and/or doubling down (of course I know that in reality the line of argument will just be substituted for something else)...

It's going to be interesting to see the racing game discussions expand from GT and Forza to include AC, pCARS and probably rFactor 2, iRacing, GSCE and R3E too. A good time to be a fan of racing!

Human_bean
04-06-2015, 04:09
So i suppose now that assetto corsa is announced for console its not a real simulator to the pc community anymore either. lol

I have assetto corsa on pc and the force feedback is really good and so is the ai.

Im glad its coming to console because competition is a good thing and i love project cars but lets be honest it needs alot of work.

SpeedLimitUnknown
04-06-2015, 07:08
Drifting inside the Karussell at Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=35&v=8T02BIC3JfE

bmanic
04-06-2015, 08:28
So i suppose now that assetto corsa is announced for console its not a real simulator to the pc community anymore either. lol

I have assetto corsa on pc and the force feedback is really good and so is the ai.

Im glad its coming to console because competition is a good thing and i love project cars but lets be honest it needs alot of work.

The AI is absolutely terrible in AC. I can outpace them way too easily on full difficulty and they drive like robots, in a single file line, without any overtaking attempts. Are we driving the same game?

Other than that, I think it's wonderful that AC is coming to consoles. Ironically all these recent game additions to consoles (not just racing simulators but also big games like Witcher 3 etc) are making me extremely tempted in getting a PS4. I'm so tired of using my work laptop as a gaming device. I'd love to separate the two.. then again I'm a tweaker at heart so I may get frustrated with the console experience.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 08:35

This isn't true. :)

Even if we expanded the team a lot I think we'd struggle to get a bi-yearly release going.

PS, 'besides money for the developer'. Don't ever underestimate the importance of that. The going rate in the industry cost wise is around 10k dollars per person/month. That's 750k per month for a reasonable 75 person team. This money has to come from somewhere.

DobboDK2
04-06-2015, 08:39
are making me extremely tempted in getting a PS4.

Go stand in the corner and think about what you just said!!! LOL:p

Pablo2008jedi
04-06-2015, 08:58
Hope they've learn from the poor choices SMS made in not testing the console version to its fullest...time will tell.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 09:04
Hope they've learn from the poor choices SMS made in not testing the console version to its fullest...time will tell.

We didn't choose to not test consoles to the fullest. We put every penny we had available into it.

We're less buggy than many games still out there NOT being patched and we're patching constantly and working on more.

mcarver2000
04-06-2015, 09:38
I was very happy with their FFB, but very disappointed with their AI. While pCARS has some AI issues to iron out, its AI outshines AC's AI. Currently AC is still an incomplete product. And now they are devoting resources to port it? Let's hope they finish and deliver a full product. This is not meant to bash AC (which I did enjoy while awaited pCARS).

John Hargreaves
04-06-2015, 10:17
I know it has Ferrari and more cars than pCARS but I prefer more tracks than more cars. Is there something I'm missing that should change my mind and give AC a go?

Not so sure about the more cars unless you are counting extra paid for dlc and community made mods? Certainly the basic as paid for version is a bit thin both with cars and tracks iirc?

yusupov
04-06-2015, 10:22
theres a pretty good amount of cars for a sim but the majority are street cars.

i really dont know how the tracks will work out on console, hopefully this is good news that theyll be scanning a few more bc as it is, the track list is just too small without mods imo. even when they add zandvoort & barcelona, though thatll help.

its also got lamborghini, though no cars in game yet. its pretty great, but right now i think of it as a track day sim, others deride it as a hotlap simulator. if youre not into that, it may not be worth it for you. i am, so it works fine by me. by the time the console version comes, i imagine they intend to flesh it out more.

mister dog
04-06-2015, 10:33
Modded cars and tracks add a lot to the experience of AC, it's amazing what some guys can come up with. You have to filter a bit to find the good quality ones, but afterwards the possibilities are endless.

witmonster
04-06-2015, 10:33
I personally am delighted corsa is coming to console, I'm an avid ps4 gamer and kept a close eye on its development along with project cars, I believe it to be very healthy for competition, assetto corsa will push project cars, and project cars will push asetto corsa.

Francorchamps
04-06-2015, 10:50
Modded cars and tracks add a lot to the experience of AC, it's amazing what some guys can come up with. You have to filter a bit to find the good quality ones, but afterwards the possibilities are endless.

But consoles will not get modded cars and tracks I suppose?

FederalHercules
04-06-2015, 11:09
We didn't choose to not test consoles to the fullest. We put every penny we had available into it.

We're less buggy than many games still out there NOT being patched and we're patching constantly and working on more.

You must have not had many pennies then.

Was public beta ever considered? I am very aware there is a cost with setting up and executing a public beta, but you have a pretty rabid fan base that would have been more than happy to do some testing if they had the opportunity. I would have been one of those jumping at the chance. Releasing a bug riddled game and saying "we have fewer bugs than the other guys" is pretty sad. At some point, gamers will say enough is enough...

I also hope Assetto Corsa (and Turn10 for that matter) look at pCARS and strive to do better in terms of release quality.

--Edit after infraction
I obviously object to the infraction. What exactly is snide and where is the hyperbole? How is it that a forum user can throw insults at another forum user with no infraction (see this post #64 and #65 of this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22356-(Xbox-One)-Looking-for-respectful-players/page7)) but my post warrants it?

I meant no offense, I want to love the game and if the patches keep coming I am sure I will.

mister dog
04-06-2015, 11:15
But consoles will not get modded cars and tracks I suppose?

Yeah so they better start adding content then. Still got a year so i guess by then it will be descent.

DobboDK2
04-06-2015, 11:17
Yeah so they better start adding content then. Still got a year so i guess by then it will be descent.

50 Cars in total coming this year alone...

mister dog
04-06-2015, 11:21
50 Cars in total coming this year alone...

Tracks are mostly what is lacking in the mod free version of AC though.

Cheesenium
04-06-2015, 11:28
Tracks are mostly what is lacking in the mod free version of AC though.

I am not sure how are they going to add another 35 cars in the next half of 2015 though.

50 cars in one year is a lot, IMO.

yusupov
04-06-2015, 12:01
50 licenses, we'll see how many make it this year; that was just the goal around new years. things change.

i wonder what will happen w/ tracks. kunos just can't keep their laserscan policy & add but a couple more. i guess if theyre primo (suzuka, laguna seca?) maybe its a nice list considering theyre scanned. im not sure what forza 5 managed; i think they laserscanned all tracks. i wonder if we'll see some mod tracks adopted & the policy amended, there are already fantastic versions of donington & paul ricard, for example.

mister dog
04-06-2015, 12:11
50 licenses, we'll see how many make it this year; that was just the goal around new years. things change.

i wonder what will happen w/ tracks. kunos just can't keep their laserscan policy & add but a couple more. i guess if theyre primo (suzuka, laguna seca?) maybe its a nice list considering theyre scanned. im not sure what forza 5 managed; i think they laserscanned all tracks. i wonder if we'll see some mod tracks adopted & the policy amended, there are already fantastic versions of donington & paul ricard, for example.

Would also be wise for them to offer new tracks that aren't in PCARS now that i think of it :)

Francorchamps
04-06-2015, 12:35
So all the tracks in AC are already in pCARS? That's a no-buy me for me

mister dog
04-06-2015, 12:39

No, they have Magione, Vallelunga and Mugello already and soon Zandvoort.

DobboDK2
04-06-2015, 12:43

If you get a chance try AC's Nordschleife its just amazing!!!

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 12:46
If you get a chance try AC's Nordschleife its just amazing!!!

PCARS' Nordschleife doesn't fall short to their version at all IMO.

DobboDK2
04-06-2015, 12:57

Sorry have to disagree its completely different. I raced a lot of Snoopy's Nordschleife mod before the official release and have to say that felt much closer to the AC masterpiece than PCARS version, TBH I can't being myself to drive on the PCARS version....

mister dog
04-06-2015, 12:59
Sorry have to disagree its completely different. I raced a lot of Snoopy's Nordschleife mod before the official release and have to say that felt much closer to the AC masterpiece than PCARS version, TBH I can't being myself to drive on the PCARS version....

I drove the three too, Snoopy's version seemed way off to me and i have to agree with Bealdor, PCARS and AC's Shleiffe are almost identical (at least i can't tell the difference).

JoeDogs
04-06-2015, 13:27
Man, if this Simulator com to PS4! I am first to buy!! This I had played lots on PC- Steam. Best Racer Simulator ever created !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYvCYdsmQw&feature=share

OrenIshii BE
04-06-2015, 13:33
top thread was about this,

were you still sleeping when you created a new thread about this!

Elmo
04-06-2015, 13:35
Merged with existing thread.

OrenIshii BE
04-06-2015, 13:39
Merged with existing thread.

I got your work cut out,
been the 7th merge now is it :p

I just can't believe people can be so blind...(looking this thread was just below the stick)
Not that they need to search through 10 pages for this specific topic :s

BDR Daz
04-06-2015, 13:40
I got your work cut out,

Not that they need to search through 10 pages for this specific topic :s

Not only that but it is a hot topic, I havent seen it off the first page !!

transfix
04-06-2015, 14:59
Seems to have thrown quite a few people in a frenzy about the announcement. Anyone care to shed some light?

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 15:08

You know what. I agree here but I do wonder whether it's more cost effective to go scanning (not a huge expense these days) or spend endless weeks/months tweaking and tweaking to make it as accurate as possible via other means.

I know that the four UK tracks we scanned came together very quickly.

Mascot
04-06-2015, 15:11
You know what. I agree here but I do wonder whether it's more cost effective to go scanning (not a huge expense these days) or spend endless weeks/months tweaking and tweaking to make it as accurate as possible via other means.

Yeah, I posed this very question elsewhere earlier today. It'd be great to get some further insights from the devs about this.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 15:13
Yeah, I posed this very question elsewhere earlier today. It'd be great to get some further insights from the devs about this.

Well, a scanning session can be as little as 7.5 to 10k. A person/month is about 10K dollars. It's something we need to examine further really.

qwbufp
04-06-2015, 15:24
What about laser scanning cars in terms of time and overall cost?

jgaganas
04-06-2015, 15:28
It would be even more cost effective if (friend) companies would share/exchange their (raw) scanning data.

Gimme two of yours, here are two if mine (if that's technically possibly, because of different development procedures).

But sorry for off topic...

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 15:34
What about laser scanning cars in terms of time and overall cost?

That's mainly marketing. Or, useful if you only need the outside skin of a car (I'm mentioning no names).

We build the cars from the monocoque/spaceframe/etc upwards and can't take that shortcut really.

Mascot
04-06-2015, 15:38
It would be even more cost effective if (friend) companies would share/exchange their (raw) scanning data.

Gimme two of yours, here are two if mine (if that's technically possibly, because of different development procedures).

But sorry for off topic...

I totally agree. It's always struck me as odd when several companies model (and scan) the same cars or tracks instead of sharing models from an independent supplier, especially when those models are replications of real assets (and then either 'correct' or 'incorrect', rather than interpretations or original designs).

VBR
04-06-2015, 16:07
Well, a scanning session can be as little as 7.5 to 10k. A person/month is about 10K dollars. It's something we need to examine further really.

Would love to see all tracks in Project CARS 2 laser scanned.

:)

dyr_gl
04-06-2015, 16:44

Sorry, but heīs right. Console versions werenīt tested properly. Nowhere near.

You say youīre less buggy than others, thatīs just words. Iīm yet to play a racing game that made my wheel start rotating full power one out of 3 times I exit/enter a session. Or start vibrating. Or de-center. Or assign wrong rotation angles for the car Iīve just switched to. Or many other weird behaviours that force me to unplug it every 10 minutes. Thatīs a first. FIRST TIME EVER.

To add insult to injury, the list of compatible wheels was really small for this console, the bug happens nearly all the time (IMPOSSIBLE not to detect it, it was a conscious decission to release game like this), and the wheel Iīm talking about was the best option avaliable.

I said it before in this thread: I was no surprised by Asseto announcement. Why? Because after this game was released like this, anyone could have guessed something was comming in the near future that created this need to rush it out.

bmanic
04-06-2015, 17:41
I said it before in this thread: I was no surprised by Asseto announcement. Why? Because after this game was released like this, anyone could have guessed something was comming in the near future that created this need to rush it out.

What a load of bollocks.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 17:48

You say youīre less buggy than others, thatīs just words. Iīm yet to play a racing game that made my wheel start rotating full power one out of 3 times I exit/enter a session. Or start vibrating. Or de-center. Or assign wrong rotation angles for the car Iīve just switched to. Or many other weird behaviours that force me to unplug it every 10 minutes. Thatīs a first. FIRST TIME EVER.

To add insult to injury, the list of compatible wheels was really small for this console, the bug happens nearly all the time (IMPOSSIBLE not to detect it, it was a conscious decission to release game like this), and the wheel Iīm talking about was the best option avaliable.

Really dyr. You should put a tinfoil hat on.

wraithsrike
04-06-2015, 18:15

What utter bullshit, name me one racer that has been released on current generation that has been bug free? Forza was riddled with them on release and still has its fair share now.

Pcars has had been out for 3 weeks and had 3 patches released and a big patch on the way.

Moan slag off as you must but don't talk crap.

FederalHercules
04-06-2015, 19:55
What utter bullshit, name me one racer that has been released on current generation that has been bug free? Forza was riddled with them on release and still has its fair share now.

Pcars has had been out for 3 weeks and had 3 patches released and a big patch on the way.

Moan slag off as you must but don't talk crap.

Three patches? On the PC? On the XBOX One I only count two if you include the day one patch? Has the PS4 received any patches since the day one patch? (Did they even get the day one updates? I genuinely don't know). 1.4 patch is still a good two weeks away.

I am very happy SMS is patching the game. Maybe I am suspect of them because Turn10 abandoned FM5 soon after release. But FM5 was playable with what was delivered. I wouldn't say it was bug riddled, though it had a few. It mostly was missing features that you can arguably say should never be left out of a racing title. Today I don't play pCARS unless I am doing some online testing with my league. It's too broken to enjoy. Multiplayer in large private lobbies doesn't work (though we may have found a work around). Single player works but it not enjoyable due to FFB issues with my TX Wheel, performance issues on some tracks, and many other bugs related to tunes, pits, and AI. Many of those issues are set to be fixed in 1.4, but 1.4 isn't out yet.

Sure, I could trudge through it, but (and I think SMS would agree here) I am not getting the intended experience.

Maybe I (and others though I am not trying to speak for them) am just misunderstanding SMS. When I read many comments from Ian and company, they seem to be "ok" with how the game was delivered. And if true that fundamentally is a problem. Not a unique problem to SMS, but it perpetuates a bad precedent.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 19:58
Three patches? On the PC? On the XBOX One I only count two if you include the day one patch? Has the PS4 received any patches since the day one patch? (Did they even get the day one updates? I genuinely don't know). 1.4 patch is still a good two weeks away.

I am very happy SMS is patching the game. Maybe I am suspect of them because Turn10 abandoned FM5 soon after release. But FM5 was playable with what was delivered. I wouldn't say it was bug riddled, though it had a few. It mostly was missing features that you can arguably say should never be left out of a racing title. Today I don't play pCARS unless I am doing some online testing with my league. It's too broken to enjoy. Multiplayer in large private lobbies doesn't work (though we may have found a work around). Single player works but it not enjoyable due to FFB issues with my TX Wheel, performance issues on some tracks, and many other bugs related to tunes, pits, and AI. Many of those issues are set to be fixed in 1.4, but 1.4 isn't out yet.

Sure, I could trudge through it, but (and I think SMS would agree here) I am not getting the intended experience.

Maybe I (and others though I am not trying to speak for them) am just misunderstanding SMS. When I read many comments from Ian and company, they seem to be "ok" with how the game was delivered. And if true that fundamentally is a problem. Not a unique problem to SMS, but perpetuates a bad precedent.

You are misunderstanding us, but I understand that. All I can say is judge us by our actions.

IrideGravity
04-06-2015, 23:32
Interesting news. My take, as a consumer not a Mod:

Seems a large task for what is constantly stated as a 'small' dev team. They punch above their weight (size?) already, so doing three platforms raises the hope that they have the resources to expand, while still keeping the PC dev moving forward and also acquiring licenses. I think Kunos will be ok there because imo their small team size is by choice, not capital limitations.

I hope the PC version won't stagnate and depend on mods while console versions are developed, but I'm fairly confident that won't happen.

I hope the gameplay will extend to offer more: at the moment I feel most of their appeal (other than decent handling and FFB) is "we got Alpha, Lambo, Ferrari!" and that will only get you so far...

I hope they don't try to 'be' Project CARS, they're too far behind in scope. I do hope they bring more in terms of car upgrades, unique licenses and series, more laser scanned tracks, drift, etc. They can add plenty there.

The gamepad support is already really good in AC, so I'm sure it'll feel very nice on consoles too.

I hope the publisher doesn't interfere too much ;)

Also, all of those defiant in stating pCARS could not possibly be a sim because it's on console, I hope they don't spare AC the same attitude or I might sense some irony and/or doubling down (of course I know that in reality the line of argument will just be substituted for something else)...

It's going to be interesting to see the racing game discussions expand from GT and Forza to include AC, pCARS and probably rFactor 2, iRacing, GSCE and R3E too. A good time to be a fan of racing!

The only discussion about Iracing is that it's the best, by far, by like a million miles. If they port it? I'll buy it and pay a monthly fee for it if it matches PC experience. Not $20 a month though. That's the game I really want to play, just not paying $20 a month, plus new cars. Etc. There's a game that forces the player to treat it like real life and not wreck all the time.

IrideGravity
04-06-2015, 23:42
This isn't true. :)

Even if we expanded the team a lot I think we'd struggle to get a bi-yearly release going.

PS, 'besides money for the developer'. Don't ever underestimate the importance of that. The going rate in the industry cost wise is around 10k dollars per person/month. That's 750k per month for a reasonable 75 person team. This money has to come from somewhere.

The average developer pulls down 120k a year euro? THats like 150-175 k US. I think I just puked a little more in my mouth. That's what licensed electricians make on prevailing wage/government jobs here. If this is true, gonna get my kid on fast track to developer school, but surely you mean that that's the development cost, and only about half of it is actual employee wages.? Is half that number wrapped up in the office space and utilities they dwell at? Because no offense, at that 10k a month number, developers are laughably overpaid and should be working double time and never, I mean never complain.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 23:44
The average developer pulls down 120k a year euro? THats like 150-175 k US. I think I just puked a little more in my mouth. That's what licensed electricians make on prevailing wage/government jobs here. If this is true, gonna get my kid on fast track to developer school, but surely you mean that that's the development cost, and only about half of it is actual employee wages.? Is half that number wrapped up in the office space and utilities they dwell at? Because no offense, at that 10k a month number, developers are laughably overpaid and should be working double time and never, I mean never complain.

It's dollars and the 10K includes the whole backend and support system.

No one is laughably overpaid and everyone has the right to complain...

MABlosfeld
04-06-2015, 23:47
Why are assetto corsa people so violent?? :boxing:

Italian is a very sensitive people

MABlosfeld
04-06-2015, 23:58
Wow! Didn't expect this. Competition can only be good. Are we entering the golden age of sim-racing on the consoles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=63&v=dAYvCYdsmQw

the graphics are impressive but in the game are totally different.

MABlosfeld
05-06-2015, 00:03

the strength of AC is the FFB
anyone who has played knows how amazing the quality of FFB in AC
I love FFB in AC

IrideGravity
05-06-2015, 00:03
It's dollars and the 10K includes the whole backend and support system.

You can complain, just going to fall on deaf ears. I'll save my empathy or compassion for dudes that work skilled construction trades for slave wages in Dubai and all over the third world.

MABlosfeld
05-06-2015, 00:06
The only thing Assetto Corsa has over PCARS for me is Ferrari... Just Ferrari, nothing else.

I love FFB in AC

Ian Bell
05-06-2015, 00:06
You can complain, just going to fall on deaf ears. I'll save my empathy or compassion for dudes that work skilled construction trades for slave wages in Dubai and all over the third world.

I'll pass that on to the team. I have no doubt they'll be devastated.

Just a note if I may, no one was asking for empathy or compassion. I was merely giving you some games industry info but don't let that stop you.

GBRC.C7
05-06-2015, 00:25
Time for bed said Florence, boing said Zebabe.....
Night all.

bmanic
05-06-2015, 00:41
I love FFB in AC

Nope. I have AC.. had it since day one of the early alpha tech demo. The FFB is no where near as good as pCars. Actually the FFB of AC is one of it's weakest points.

TenthDan
05-06-2015, 04:00
Nope. I have AC.. had it since day one of the early alpha tech demo. The FFB is no where near as good as pCars. Actually the FFB of AC is one of it's weakest points.

In capability, sure - and you've provided plenty of info to back that up. In reality, there's no denying a lot of people enjoy the FFB of AC out of the box.

Subjective opinions and all that...

Patrik Marek
05-06-2015, 04:28
I really like AC and I'm glad that it's coming onto consoles.

but I think they have to seriously step up their "racing experience" portion of it, - which is why I like that it's going onto consoles because in that case they probably will really have to improve it.
At the moment its fun driving on their tracks ( even though their roster is quite small) , but on the other hand they have Ferrari's and Lambos.

will be very keen to see how they develop and might even grab a copy for when I don't want to play on steering wheel.

console market is huge, but it's also much less forgiving then pc hardcore simmers,
but no matter what, more competiton on consoles is good, it forces everyone to step up their game ( talking especially about Forza and Gran turismo, even though I know that those games are oriented into very different group of players)

Alan Dallas
05-06-2015, 06:20

I also remember they seemingly came together quickly(Christmas decorated version of Brand hatch was pretty cool). But I also remember seeing relatively endless tweaks to them leading all the way up to launch. :) Which, from my POV on the WMD forums wasn't much quicker than the old fashioned way with CAD and Geo data. So ya, I've also wondered(based solely on watching development on WMD) which is the more cost effective way.

mister dog
05-06-2015, 06:43
For me it doesn't feel as good FFB wise as PCARS neither. Out of the box the cars feel a bit more natural and easier to control when experiencing oversteer in PCARS, and when i discovered the individual sliders (Fy,x,z,Mz and SoP) the FFB really started to shine and combined with the sophisticated tyre model has become the best i ever experienced .
I guess AC falls short because of it's more limited FFB options. You can't tweak it to get it to be as perfect as you can in PCARS, so on some wheels it will be great whilst on others like mine not so.

Mark Bevan
05-06-2015, 06:52

Maybe not laughably overpaid, but at least one person is earning enough of a crust, to keep a little shopping car on the road ;)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23548-What-car-do-you-REALLY-drive&p=967245&viewfull=1#post967245

mister dog
05-06-2015, 06:55
Maybe not laughably overpaid, but at least one person is earning enough of a crust, to keep a little shopping car on the road ;)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23548-What-car-do-you-REALLY-drive&p=967245&viewfull=1#post967245
Don't be fooled, that's a scale model photographed in frog perspective :)

OrenIshii BE
05-06-2015, 08:18

I work for a company in Belgium that uses 3D scanning, mainly buildings and machinery.
But from what i gather it doesn't take that long to scan everything, but its how you convert it into useable data, that is rather timeconsuming.
Depending on software, and the level of details etc...

John Hargreaves
05-06-2015, 11:52
For me it doesn't feel as good FFB wise as PCARS neither. Out of the box the cars feel a bit more natural and easier to control when experiencing oversteer in PCARS, and when i discovered the individual sliders (Fy,x,z,Mz and SoP) the FFB really started to shine and combined with the sophisticated tyre model has become the best i ever experienced .
I guess AC falls short because of it's more limited FFB options. You can't tweak it to get it to be as perfect as you can in PCARS, so on some wheels it will be great whilst on others like mine not so.

I very much agree with this, for me I have always found AC FFB to be second to pCars, but I think I know the reason. AC gives a superficial impression of lots of things going on; road textures, bumps etc but when you really start to concentrate on what's happening, it feels to me more like just a massive centring spring with a load of canned effects laid over the top.

When you come back to pCars after AC, at first it feels so quiet and smooth I always think to myself 'yeah, I see what they are on about' when people compare the two. But the more you analyse the sensations through the wheel (for instance a billiard table smooth race track can feel more like driving on a rough gravel road in AC), the more you get a feel from PCars as to what the tyre model is doing and the more I find AC just mildly irritating.

My own opinion is that it's good, but just not as good as ours.

dyr_gl
05-06-2015, 12:42
Really dyr. You should put a tinfoil hat on.

Ian and previous poster, you realize this is a generic "LEL you rong" reply, just with good grammar and punctuation?

Let me explain the idea behind this CRAZY theory! Weīve made it to two previous release dates and the game wasnīt released because it was unfinished. We heard that you didnīt want to release something bad, that you prefered to keep working until having a good product for us. I liked that. We also heard they were schedule changes to react to some other major releases potentially interfering in the release numbers. Now we arrive to another release date. The game is still not ready to go out, yet it goes. Something must have changed, right? I think this was what changed, based on what you have said YOURSELVES in the past. You wouldnīt release an unfinished game, you would move schedule to improve your results based on competitors moves. That stuff is from you guys.

Now, if you to interact with the community, and want to say something youīve just read is not accurate, you have two ways:

1) Explaining what changed in a reply where you make any sort of point and give any argument.
2) Make empty "LEL you rong" posts with 0 content besides rubishing a view, without bothering to counter it in any way whatsoever.

Iīm dissapointed you went down that road, but hey, your call mate!

I know the game isnīt finished. I know it was released anyway. Iīve heard from you guys before you wouldnīt release a product not worthy of it. Iīve heard from you guys that you (like any wise business people) keep in mind competitors releases when timming your actions. So thatīs what I think.

But now this (inconvinient) idea, based on we heard from you in the past is just "tinfoil" stuff from an internet crazy guy. Whatever. Keep the "thatīs bollocks", "tinfoil", "thatīs not a bug, thatīs to mimic real life" posts attitude guys. To explain it in one picture:

http://thewackydeli.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/tripolitim-copy.jpg

That attitude will make this project go really far, no doubt!

Why bothering acknowlodging problems or admitting faults? Several of the half dozen peripherals accepted go crazy to the extent of damaging themselves? Nah, no biggie, "weīre less buggy than other games" empty post will be a better reply than "yes, itīs a bad mistake, sorry about it, weīll work hard to fix it and avoid repeats in the future, thanks for your confidence".

I mean, why bother making sense too, when you can afford posting dismissive 3 characters comments with no content "you crazy", "thatīs bollocks", and even get sideshow support and everything. Great communication skills guys.

Good thing youīre better at creating games, because I am fair and I donīt need to sustain a heavy agenda here like you are. I am dissapointed at your attitude, but hey, I can afford being fair and airing my actual thoughts. The product base is damn good when it works, but the game isnīt finished. You just released an unfinished product, countering directly previous statements on this very same situation.

Ian Bell
05-06-2015, 12:54
We've acknowledged problems and admitted faults. To say we aren't is clearly wrong.

mister dog
05-06-2015, 13:24
We've acknowledged problems and admitted faults. To say we aren't is clearly wrong.

And let that be the last of it. The bugs will be fixed and missing features will be added, so let's try to enjoy the present, look forward to the future and forget about the past, as we all know were we stand at the moment. The devs have made the effort to respond to almost every query so far, and i'm sure they are on top of the things we mention on this forum.

marcdxn
05-06-2015, 13:48
I quite liked AC when it came to Steam but it felt like a bit of a filler while i waited to see what Project Cars did.

Looking back at steam it says in the 12months i have owned AC i have played for 11hrs in the 3 weeks i have owned Project Cars i've played 32 hours.

:)

I'm hoping AC try and push their sim game harder and harder, healthy competition between two Sim games can only mean a better game for us.
I worry when a product has no competition, prices stay the same, content / features sometimes do too.

When you have a competitor i like to think both will push to make the best and the end result will be a better finished product for us.

And who knows... 2015 is the year when Steam machines will be more openly available from different vendors so we might even see a small boom in the PC gaming community because i know a lot of console players want a PC but they want it pre-made and in a small box even if it sacrifices some of the power and what can be done some people out there do want a plug and play small pc.

Everyone talks about the consoles in a big way but this current generation is the one i have noticed a lot of friends including myself didn't bother with in favor of PC gaming at a desk or ITX gaming on a sofa.

Either way i love all this change thats happening, decent SIMS, living room PC experiences for the masses & decent Sims for console users

jgaganas
05-06-2015, 14:30
http://youtu.be/LGSR09g7-vU

Interesting part starts at 9:28

Edit: Embedded

Mad Al
05-06-2015, 16:05
So, they are doing a Wii U version too..... as their min requirement is only a dual core....

:onthego:

(that'll be all over every Wii U forum in around 24 hours ;))

HeeseyChelmet
05-06-2015, 16:35

regardless of wage, everyone can complain at their conditions if it is warranted

SpeedLimitUnknown
05-06-2015, 17:08
the graphics are impressive but in the game are totally different.

No mention of the braindead AI in the AC trailer. No mention of any AI actually... :cool:

yusupov
05-06-2015, 17:21
http://youtu.be/LGSR09g7-vU

Interesting part starts at 9:28

Edit: Embedded

here's the other interesting thing tho -- does it actually matter, to kunos? i totally agree w/ the point -- if the ai/career mode + content overhauls it won't succeed -- how much does success really matter? ie, how much is kunos gambling? if 505 is subsidizing the cost of transforming, the cost only that is the current (PC) gamers are right -- the cost is time & resources 'wasted' on porting it to console.

as fan of AC, after re-examining this w/ the news of 505 aligning w/ them, theres just very little chance this totally backfires on kunos.

meanwhile, as far as this board is concerned, celebrate the slightly increased likeliihood of ferrari coming to propect cars! :D

dyr_gl
05-06-2015, 19:02

Yep, you admit the ones that become blatant and you canīt hide anymore from consumers. Sure.

But otherwise theyīre kept in the dark, swept under the carpet, deflected, or directly denied. Example? I didnīt hear a word about most peripherals acting crazy in certain platforms before release. And you guys knew about it!!. It is impossible you didnīt, as it took me 15 minutes being forced to restart my wheel to protect the FFB engine the first 3 times. That was a critical, perfectly known issue swept under the carpet until it was impossible to do so.

And even after you canīt hide them anymore, some still try (and fail) to hid them. And I donīt like empty talk, so if you want I can link you to a dozen "thatīs not a bug, thatīs how itīs intended to work" posts from members. Not that you or the devs are responsable for them. But theyīre there. The forum pretty much consists of bug report > WMD member throwing excuse.

I donīt like empty talk, I have specific examples. "Hey guys, cars become stuck to each other on side by side contact, hereīs a video" > posts video showing square on lateral, fully side by side contact > WMD member posts video of real racing with pit maneuver, front to rear angled contact, and says "itīs like real life, nothing wrong with game". Another one: "Hey guys, you can jump the start" > WMD member "like real life, if you donīt pass the grid slot before the lights is OK" (which is wrong as if they see you moving at all you get a penalty).

But as I said, thatīs not SMS fault, thatīs un unfortunate side effect of the otherwise great WMD model, you get contributors going full zombie because theyīre involved in a special way ($). One thing you are responsable for is the dev team saying to justify delays "we wonīt release unfinished game", then do just that. Didnīt appreciate that at all. Iīm playing a game that forces me to restart my wheel every 10 minutes. Sometimes it turns full lock by itself. Sometimes it starts vibrating. Sometimes it picks the wrong wheel rotation for a given car. Sometimes the FFB inverts itself in bizarre ways. I spend as much time plugging and unplugging my wheel as I do driving. That is NOT a finished game, and thatīs not what anyone deserves after buying a new console, the best supported wheel, and the game. Especially after reading from the same people months ago "we donīt want to release the product before itīs ready".

And not all the "dislikes" and "karma drops" by sidekicks in the World will change that. :boxing: Iīm still playing. The game is good, I enjoy it enough to go through all that frustration. But that doesnīt change this: SMS attitude and antics is disgusting, misleading and far from honest in my opinion.

Patrik Marek
05-06-2015, 22:41

salary of 120k euro a year? .. average?? no way!
I know quite a few developers who are amongs the best in the industry ( some even working with SMS)
If you are makign 60k euro a year - you are ABOVE AVERAGE and must be really good in what you do

the cost of laber, as Ian spoke about it is not onyl salaray, it's all the other costs such as software, electicity, computers ..etc.

Alan Dallas
06-06-2015, 04:22
SMS attitude and antics is disgusting, misleading and far from honest in my opinion.
This is the expected attitude of someone who has no WMD forum access or knows how games are actually made. You'd be singing an entirely different tune if you had witnessed the process first hand. Like WMD members had. What I see is someone looking for sympathy because they feel left out of the loop. But hey, you know, that's just my opinion.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 16:26
Yep, you admit the ones that become blatant and you canīt hide anymore from consumers. Sure.

But otherwise theyīre kept in the dark, swept under the carpet, deflected, or directly denied. Example? I didnīt hear a word about most peripherals acting crazy in certain platforms before release. And you guys knew about it!!. It is impossible you didnīt, as it took me 15 minutes being forced to restart my wheel to protect the FFB engine the first 3 times. That was a critical, perfectly known issue swept under the carpet until it was impossible to do so.

And even after you canīt hide them anymore, some still try (and fail) to hid them. And I donīt like empty talk, so if you want I can link you to a dozen "thatīs not a bug, thatīs how itīs intended to work" posts from members. Not that you or the devs are responsable for them. But theyīre there. The forum pretty much consists of bug report > WMD member throwing excuse.

I donīt like empty talk, I have specific examples. "Hey guys, cars become stuck to each other on side by side contact, hereīs a video" > posts video showing square on lateral, fully side by side contact > WMD member posts video of real racing with pit maneuver, front to rear angled contact, and says "itīs like real life, nothing wrong with game". Another one: "Hey guys, you can jump the start" > WMD member "like real life, if you donīt pass the grid slot before the lights is OK" (which is wrong as if they see you moving at all you get a penalty).

But as I said, thatīs not SMS fault, thatīs un unfortunate side effect of the otherwise great WMD model, you get contributors going full zombie because theyīre involved in a special way ($). One thing you are responsable for is the dev team saying to justify delays "we wonīt release unfinished game", then do just that. Didnīt appreciate that at all. Iīm playing a game that forces me to restart my wheel every 10 minutes. Sometimes it turns full lock by itself. Sometimes it starts vibrating. Sometimes it picks the wrong wheel rotation for a given car. Sometimes the FFB inverts itself in bizarre ways. I spend as much time plugging and unplugging my wheel as I do driving. That is NOT a finished game, and thatīs not what anyone deserves after buying a new console, the best supported wheel, and the game. Especially after reading from the same people months ago "we donīt want to release the product before itīs ready".

And not all the "dislikes" and "karma drops" by sidekicks in the World will change that. :boxing: Iīm still playing. The game is good, I enjoy it enough to go through all that frustration. But that doesnīt change this: SMS attitude and antics is disgusting, misleading and far from honest in my opinion.

You know what, go away.

Mods, ip ban please.

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 16:29
salary of 120k euro a year? .. average?? no way!
I know quite a few developers who are amongs the best in the industry ( some even working with SMS)
If you are makign 60k euro a year - you are ABOVE AVERAGE and must be really good in what you do

the cost of laber, as Ian spoke about it is not onyl salaray, it's all the other costs such as software, electicity, computers ..etc.

Yup I know a few Devs at Codemasters and they are no where near 120k ...

Libor Sabrik
07-06-2015, 13:17

The following user likes this Post: Libor Sabrik

Liquid7394
07-06-2015, 13:32
You know what, go away.

Mods, ip ban please.

So stating facts gets you banned?

jgaganas
07-06-2015, 13:39

Please not again! :P

Isn't the topic about Assetto Corsa coming to consoles?

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 13:42

Yes.

divebomber
07-06-2015, 20:28
Yes.

No, it doesnīt. Youīd love it but itīs not the case. This ainīt your backyard, and weīre not your dogs. This is the internet, and weīre costumers. Internet is not a place you can be a tyrant on. These fancy cookies take 2 minutes deleting and internet providers give you a new IP everytime you reset your router. Even if you "own this place" as youīve put it before to another user, you have a plastic hammer to rule it.

So no, I ainīt "going away" until I feel like it. :)

I canīt say I was dissapointed or surprised with your reaction, I had read in the past stories similar to this one. But itīs still a bit gobsmacking to see in first person a grown up man on charge of a huge product to give "LEL you rong" 1 liner replies to elaborated posts, and once he runs out of them, handing bans like a pissed Roman Emperor.

Now, if you take advices, go the hell back to your office and lock yourself there is this is what community interaction means for you. You canīt do anything at all now about having released an utter mess of a game after saying you wouldnīt, but hey, if you get your head down you can turn it into a functional piece of software. Youīll get there earlier there if you listen to criticism based on reality instead of digging your head in the sand and wasting your and my time.

These 3 minutes you spent ordering the sidekicks to ban me could have been put to better use, like turning this mess around. The 3 minutes it took me to create a new account could have been used by me reporting the last way the game found to f*** up so you can fix it.

So stop wasting your and my time with petty behaviours, and focus on getting your product out of this pit, which is what they, wait... WE costumers pay you for. Iīm reasonable and wise enough not to run to the store with this game. I donīt give a s*** that the guy leading the Project is a massive jerk, I wonīt let that cloud my judgement and I think thereīs good stuff awaiting if I stick to this product. My only goal here is try to help moving this forward and be able to eventually get good fun out of this game. Not interested in ego battles with anyone, especially not a 5 years old brat trapped in a manīs body.

So, if you donīt mind, my next account (I give this one for lost) will keep where the first left: talking my mind out about this game, reporting bugs, and saying whatever I feel like. Now, once youīve got this through your skull, go ahead, wave that plastic hammer of yours a bit, waste 3 more minutes, and make yourself look like a tool in front of everybody once again. If it helps you feeling better, and thus working better, I consider the 3 minutes you made lost to both of us well spent!

Cheers mate!

Tabrobot
07-06-2015, 20:38
Yup. Looks like publisher only unless I'm missing something.

And if so, 505, sort the language out :) - 'with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks'.

I assume you're able to write, in fluent Italian, about the technical mechanical details of motor racing yourself Mr Bell. Anyone for whom English is their first language can spot the grammatical mistake and no further comment is necessary, unless of course your intention was to politely correct our foreign friends. But since you quoted this publicly and without notifying those you might wish to help out, this comes across simply as mockery. This on its own would be barely worth mentioning, but in the context of the general atmosphere on these forums it became the proverbial straw. I've seen nothing but high praise in the AC forums from the dev team for pcars, rfactor and other major titles, the contrast upon visiting these forums leaves a somewhat bad taste. Despite having been an early backer of pcars, I no longer have any intention of purchasing the game in large part because of what I've read here.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 20:39
No, it doesnīt. Youīd love it but itīs not the case. This ainīt your backyard, and weīre not your dogs. This is the internet, and weīre costumers. Internet is not a place you can be a tyrant on. These fancy cookies take 2 minutes deleting and internet providers give you a new IP everytime you reset your router. Even if you "own this place" as youīve put it before to another user, you have a plastic hammer to rule it.

I canīt say I was dissapointed or surprised with your reaction, I had read in the past stories similar to this one. But itīs still a bit gobsmacking to see in first person a grown up man on charge of a huge product to give "LEL you rong" 1 liner replies to elaborated posts, and once he runs out of them, handing bans like a pissed Roman Emperor.

Now, if you take advices, go the hell back to your office and lock yourself there is this is what community interaction means for you. You canīt do anything at all now about having released an utter mess of a game after saying you wouldnīt, but hey, if you get your head down you can turn it into a functional piece of software. Youīll get there earlier there if you listen to criticism based on reality instead of digging your head in the sand and wasting your and my time.

These 3 minutes you spent ordering the sidekicks to ban me could have been put to better use, like turning this mess around. The 3 minutes it took me to create a new account could have been used by me reporting the last way the game found to f*** up so you can fix it.

So stop wasting your and my time with petty behaviours, and focus on getting your product out of this pit, which is what they, wait... WE costumers pay you for. Iīm reasonable and wise enough not to run to the store with this game. I donīt give a s*** that the guy leading the Project is a massive jerk, I wonīt let that cloud my judgement and I think thereīs good stuff awaiting if I stick to this product. My only goal here is try to help moving this forward and be able to eventually get good fun out of this game. Not interested in ego battles with anyone, especially not a 5 years old brat trapped in a manīs body.

So, if you donīt mind, my next account (I give this one for lost) will keep where the first left: talking my mind out about this game, reporting bugs, and saying whatever I feel like. Now, once youīve got this through your skull, go ahead, wave that plastic hammer of yours a bit, waste 3 more minutes, and make yourself look like a tool in front of everybody once again. If it helps you feeling better, and thus working better, I consider the 3 minutes you made lost to both of us well spent!

Cheers mate!

Lunatic fringe.

Mods, ban his IP range.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 20:41
Lunatic fringe.

Mods, ban his IP range.

PS, if he's using a VPN to bypass forum rules, inform his ISP.

We need to have space for the sane customers.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 20:53

Cheers mate!

Just one point if I may, this is our backyard. Maybe you thought you were on another forum or something...

Liquid7394
07-06-2015, 21:23
Soooooo.....

Mulla
07-06-2015, 21:24
PS, if he's using a VPN to bypass forum rules, inform his ISP.

How pathetic is that? Are you really an adult, nothing you've done or said on this thread is the actions of a fully grown adult. Also how can anyone involved with Pcars be happy with you as head of studio acting in this manner. Its all so childish, immature and down right embarrassing

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 21:27
How pathetic is that? Are you really an adult, nothing you've done or said on this thread is the actions of a fully grown adult. Also how can anyone involved with Pcars be happy with you as head of studio acting in this manner. Its all so childish, immature and down right embarrassing
You want a fresh one? Insulting staff will not be tolerated.

Ian (and his team) has done more than any Studio Head for us sim racers, especially those on consoles.

Bealdor
07-06-2015, 21:28

If you'd know the prehistory of this member (his former account that is) you'd think different.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 21:30

Are your really serious? Have you actually read his diatribe?

Ignoring your insults for a moment, for you to back someone who's sole intention is to clearly distrupt the forum seems to be at odds with what one would want to achieve from a forum such as this.

Would I be more adult if I let a bunch of idiots ruin our forum? Maybe in your opinion yes. But I'll stay a childish, immature and downright embarrassing head of studio and remove you when it's merited.

Mods, IP range ban please.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 21:30
If you'd know the prehistory of this member (his former account that is) you'd think different.

Don't honour open abuse with a sensible answer mods.

Bealdor
07-06-2015, 21:34
Soooo.... is anybody actually interested in talking about AC on consoles now? :rolleyes:

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 21:35
Soooo.... is anybody actually interested in talking about AC on consoles now? :rolleyes:

Not anymore, the thread is closed.

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 21:40
Stop being childish

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 21:42
Stop being childish

No, you're only childish when you don't listen to a pile of abuse with a false smile on your face, open the corporate response manual and ream off some more of the crap contained therein...