PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters F1 2015 Discussion

PAUL Y0UNG
03-06-2015, 15:12
Is it worth Codemasters releasing F1? lol

I for one will NOT be wasting my money, instead im opting to plow all the money I can into PCars!

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 15:29
Is it worth Codemasters releasing F1? lol

I for one will NOT be wasting my money, instead im opting to plow all the money I can into PCars!

As F1 2014 was my very first download after building my rig and waiting for Pcars to release I can't tell you what an awful disappointment it was! Awful cars sliding around on a wodden table above the track, absolutely terrible experience, honestly thought I'd made a mistake building my PC at that stage.

LADY GEMMA JANE
03-06-2015, 15:31
I will buy F1 , I buy all driving / racing games

Umer Ahmad
03-06-2015, 15:45
Hopefully things are turning where just having the licenses is not the dominant purchasing decision. I imagine a game in the future with nothing licensend but incredibly convincing and realistic fantasy cars/tracks wih the best physics/sounds/graphics/gameplay/controller coding and Porsche/Ferrari pounding on the door and paying the studio (!) to have their cars represented in this magical game. That would be a real win for the gamers.

FMS
03-06-2015, 15:49
I reckon I'll be taking a gander at F1, too.

Dreco
03-06-2015, 15:52
Not impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_DTdMmwy0

davideliasirwin
03-06-2015, 15:52
If it has Oculus Rift support I might buy it.

Cuba
03-06-2015, 15:59
Hard to say. I'm not pre-ordering it, that's for sure. I love F1, so I'm hoping for the best. But after PCars, the standards have been set VERY high. A dream would be SMS getting the F1 license ;)

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 16:00
Havn't played it before, but that car in the clip needs a serious tune.

k.merse
03-06-2015, 16:25
I'll try it out, but so far the F1 series was a huge letdown, so I have no high expectations. But I have to admit, the lighting may be even better than in PCars. Of course, lighting is one of the least important part of a good racing game...

flymar
03-06-2015, 16:28
I was buying everything from CM till they went to annually release path.

JDFSSS
03-06-2015, 17:09
I used to buy the F1 games, but stopped around F1 2012 because codies was releasing the same game every year with the same issues. The way they supported the game was terrible. They would give it one or two patches then never touch the game again and move on even if there were still issues that weren't fixed. The physics of the game was really bad. I remember there would be one setup you would run at every track and it's always the fastest. You would just put all your springs on max stiffness and run max downforce and you had the best setup for every track lol, so unrealistic.

I know they are releasing it on a new engine this year, but I'm expecting the game to be just as bad as it always was. Not going to buy it, pCARS is way better.

protie
03-06-2015, 20:06
If it has Oculus Rift support I might buy it.

+1!!!!!!

KK78
03-06-2015, 21:01
Recent Codemasters racing games have left me cold, souless and all flash but no depth. I'll be interested in Dirt rally if it comes to consoles though but that is because I'm starved for a rally game on XOne or PS4

LukeC
03-06-2015, 23:16
I remember reading an interview with one of the codemasters devs who revealed that nex gen will allow them to port the physics from one of the sims used by one of the f1 teams - at least the general car behaviour and ff. However, I haven't read anything about this in any of the marketing materials for f1 2015. Anyone know anything about this, because for me, unless the physics and ff are absolutely spot-on, f1 2015 won't be worth it.

Rob Prange
03-06-2015, 23:25
Thread renamed and moved to Off-Topic forum

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 23:29
Edit: Just as I posted my comment I realized this is just for the game. I'll delete my comments. The guy below knows what's up.

Neil Hopwood
03-06-2015, 23:30
Thread renamed and moved to Off-Topic forum

May want to put Codemasters or Game in the title so it doesn't get mixed up with the F1 2015 Season discussion.

Rob Prange
03-06-2015, 23:47
Agreed.

kingsti
04-06-2015, 00:19
I thought F1 2013 was a lot of fun. Skipped 2014 so likely get 2015.

jason
04-06-2015, 00:34
I will buy it as I have every other one and have been disappointed every time , how many chances am I going to give them is the real question :) " 1 if they cant make a decent next gen f1 game I'm fn done with codies " ....... Until dirt come to console :P

OperatorWay
04-06-2015, 00:51
It's funny - there were/are conversations over on the CodeMasters forums about: "Is Project CARS worth buying over the F1 games?"

Rambo_Commando
08-06-2015, 15:28
Not worth buying Codemasters F1 games anymore. They launch a game and never support it after. I've bought every F1 game from them and have always been disappointed. That's why I came over to Pcars. It's a far better community and the developers appreciate constructive feedback and in turn are continually improving the game.

247gamer
08-06-2015, 21:48
As title will anyone be purchasing this years F12015 on playstation4 or Xbox one or will you just stick with Project Cars?

apexatspeed
08-06-2015, 21:49
Nope and there already is a discussion thread for this game.

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 22:01
Threads merged.

Pink_650S
08-06-2015, 22:03
Nope and there already is a discussion thread for this game.

Do you also think Codemasters is promising too much? :p
I think they will disappoint F1 fans once again :/

apexatspeed
08-06-2015, 22:07
Do you also think Codemasters is promising too much? :p
I think they will disappoint F1 fans once again :/

I don't know really. I just can't justify buying a game that only allows me to drive a few F1 cars when there are other options with a whole plethora of choices.

oscarolim
08-06-2015, 22:16
Since is the only game that allows to experience the current season, I will be getting it. And having last season included is quite nice as well.

Robbo-92
08-06-2015, 22:27
I will get it, just wait for it to go cheap. The series has gone downhill for me.

2010 was great, solid first effort and the live the life was really good and made you want to play to rise up through the teams.
2011 was actually pretty good, completely unrealistic handling model but it was fun which is what a game should be.
2012 was poor, I think it had most glitches out of all releases (the icing on the cake having a dry race but the track was soaked), handling wasn't great either.
2013 was good for the classic cars and the 2013 handling model was good, problem is I only found it good once I played with the advanced wheel settings a lot, I'd say tyre wear was completely scripted as well, your (well mine did) tyres always went off one lap before you pitted forcing you into the undercut.
2014 was awful in my opinion, AI massively OP in the wet and no support from Codemasters at all regarding patching any issues. It just lacked the live the life aspects which all the titles from 2012 did making the whole experience boring and I really didn't want to play them for long.

I don't have huge hopes for 2015 really but I think it's make or break for Codemasters keeping the F1 licence (unless they still have multiple years left to run on it).

jason
08-06-2015, 22:44
I myself think that the graphics engine will be very nice and the gameplay will be like every other year , very average :(

They really need to have some serious damage implications as the cars are not tanks , but I don't see that coming and the force feed back was terrible , that needs fixing and they have said they were working on it but i'm not sure if codies are capable of pulling of great force feed back.

monz
08-06-2015, 22:45
Hopefully things are turning where just having the licenses is not the dominant purchasing decision. I imagine a game in the future with nothing licensend but incredibly convincing and realistic fantasy cars/tracks wih the best physics/sounds/graphics/gameplay/controller coding and Porsche/Ferrari pounding on the door and paying the studio (!) to have their cars represented in this magical game. That would be a real win for the gamers.

Apex on original xbox.....great fantasy tracks and cars...and fun racing..sbk 07 ithink had real tracks with fantasy backgrounds as an alt way of playing game. Motorhead was another fantasy racer...ps1 i think.........so how about Project Future Racing???...fantasy tracks and cars....

Rambo_Commando
10-06-2015, 07:43
F1 2015 is getting a lot of heat from the members on the forum. There isn't even a career mode. Codemasters has gone the way as Operation Flashpoint. The game just keeps getting worse. Their members seem to be turning on them saying they will be boycotting the game.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 07:54
There isn't even a career mode.

Wait... What!?

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Snape.jpg

Robbo-92
10-06-2015, 08:00
Surely there is a career mode in 2015, that's one of the main selling points of the game, to let people play the full 2015 season.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 09:09
Surely there is a career mode in 2015, that's one of the main selling points of the game, to let people play the full 2015 season.

My thoughts exactly, they're always advertising it like "live the life of an F1 driver" or something along the lines of that, so surely career is still in it. It's the most used game mode.

Pink_650S
10-06-2015, 12:47
There will be a career mode, but no mode where you can create your own driver.
You play the "career" with an existing driver. Think its called Season Mode actually.

bc525
10-06-2015, 15:55
Yeah that was disappointing to find out I won't be able to create my own career driver in F1 2015. Creating a custom driver and then advancing from the lower teams to the more elite teams was always fun. It added some personalization to the game, and it fit in with Codies whole "Be The Driver" theme.

I'm still deciding if I'll pick up F1 2015. The last F1 game I played was F1 2013 and I really enjoyed it - but mainly for the custom driver in career and the classic cars and tracks. Unfortunately F1 2015 doesn't have any of that.

PureMalt77
10-06-2015, 15:58
Not worth buying Codemasters F1 games anymore. They launch a game and never support it after. I've bought every F1 game from them and have always been disappointed. That's why I came over to Pcars. It's a far better community and the developers appreciate constructive feedback and in turn are continually improving the game.

Said it all! Which makes me sad when I read posts of people complaining about the "bugs" of pCars. Never seen any developer act like SMS. No Codemasters, no EA, NOBODY does...
pCars is unique...

Frog T
11-06-2015, 01:03
I will be waiting for reviews. If p.cars sorts the steering lock below 10 mph I'll be sticking with it. There's a bit of everything on there, loving formula a :)

SL1DE
11-06-2015, 05:30
There will be a career mode, but no mode where you can create your own driver.
You play the "career" with an existing driver. Think its called Season Mode actually.

Well that's dumb. Why would they do that.

Season Mode is only like one season though, you don't progress to other teams or anything. Why would they remove the best part of the game? That's ridiculous.

What the heck was going through their minds?

Robbo-92
11-06-2015, 08:24
F1 2015 just keeps sounding worse, now they've taken the career mode out? Seriously that has to be the most played mode (bar online and even then I expect that would only be a few people) and they've just cut it? Sounds like they're just setting up the game to get dire sales so they can get rid of the (most likely) expensive F1 licence once their current contract is up.

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 13:12
Yea l dont know either.
Instead of taking it out, they should've improved it and fleshed it out more, with more options to customize your driver, maybe add sponsors, choose a number, better car development throughout a season. They should've just made everything more personal and customizable. But no, they take it out entirely instead :(

Well that's dumb. Why would they do that.

Laziness?

Cuba
11-06-2015, 15:49
Career mode is there, you just can't create a driver. You have to use one of the existing F1 drivers. Reason they did this is for the canned podium celebration.

FTW Leceur
11-06-2015, 21:27
Have had various versions but the game gets old quick. Only 1 type of car and a fixed amount of tracks. Not getting the 2015 version

SL1DE
12-06-2015, 05:28
Career mode is there, you just can't create a driver. You have to use one of the existing F1 drivers. Reason they did this is for the canned podium celebration.

So what, we pick a reserve driver, someone from the young driver test, up and coming GP2 star?

Cuba
12-06-2015, 11:48
So what, we pick a reserve driver, someone from the young driver test, up and coming GP2 star?
No, an actual driver i.e. Vettel, Hamilton etc. You drive their car under their name. Keeps the driver line-up consistent which allows for some canned "cut scenes". Anyway, who actually know, that's what I've read and heard. Once the game is actually out then we can all complain. For now hope for the best, or not...

Rambo_Commando
12-06-2015, 16:43

I've been following this game on CM's forum for a long time. There is no career mode. Only season mode. A career means playing over multiple seasons. In F1 2015 you pick a current driver, not a reserve or test driver, and race the 2015 season. At the end of the season it's game over. As a bonus CM added the 2014 season but it doesn't carry over into the 2015 season. Think of it as two games on one disc.

Cuba
12-06-2015, 16:48
I've been following this game on CM's forum for a long time. There is no career mode. Only season mode. A career means playing over multiple seasons. In F1 2015 you pick a current driver, not a reserve or test driver, and race the 2015 season. At the end of the season it's game over. As a bonus CM added the 2014 season but it doesn't carry over into the 2015 season. Think of it as two games on one disc.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 16:51
But couldn't you do that on most of the previous games as doing your own season in the GP mode? Ie pick a current driver and drive a season as them. Also what's the point of the 2014 season being on there?

Rambo_Commando
12-06-2015, 16:55
Np. CM has the F1 license for the 2016 season as well. Hopefully after that SMS/WMD picks up the license and makes a proper F1 game....well we can wish at least.

Rambo_Commando
12-06-2015, 17:00
But couldn't you do that on most of the previous games as doing your own season in the GP mode? Ie pick a current driver and drive a season as them. Also what's the point of the 2014 season being on there?

2014 season is included but the physics will be different from the PS3 version. Guess they added it because replay ability. Also keep in mind that the 2015 season does not have all the 2015 cars. Those will be available at a later time as a dlc.

girlracerTracey
12-06-2015, 17:01
I will most probably buy the game second-hand as I enjoy a "blast" on Formula One now & again.

The classic F1 cars on F1 2013 were good fun and I had some amazingly close races online with some friends round the classic circuits in the 1980's F1 cars including an absolutely epic long distance race on the Brands Hatch g.p. track. We raced through a rain storm and after pitting and refueling myself and another guy were 1 second apart with 5 laps to go on a drying track..it went down to the wire. A great racing memory..

So yes with the right ppl online F1 by Codemasters can be good fun. I have F1 2014 also which for me was a definite step forward from F1 2013 in terms of how the modern F1 cars handled. F1 2013 was a bit weird on the controller I thought. I also had a Microsoft xbox 360 FFB wheel but I was much faster using a controller..

But F1 by Codemasters is not Project Cars. It's not rfactor either. And I don't care what anyone else says I love the Formula A cars in Project Cars. They are fun & very challenging to drive.

Not bothered by there being no career mode in F1 2015. I never use career modes anyway in racing games. I prefer racing real ppl..but I can understand why ppl will miss it.

grT :friendly_wink:

Cuba
12-06-2015, 17:01
Np. CM has the F1 license for the 2016 season as well. Hopefully after that SMS/WMD picks up the license and makes a proper F1 game....well we can wish at least.
I agree about SMS! Now that would be a great game!

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 17:19
2014 season is included but the physics will be different from the PS3 version. Guess they added it because replay ability. Also keep in mind that the 2015 season does not have all the 2015 cars. Those will be available at a later time as a dlc.

I get a funny feeling the rest of the 2015 cars won't be free DLC either which they obviously should be.

Rambo_Commando
12-06-2015, 18:30
I get a funny feeling the rest of the 2015 cars won't be free DLC either which they obviously should be.

It will be free.

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 18:35
It will be free.

Has it been confirmed? I for one still find it ridiculous that F1 2015 won't actually release with all 2015 cars.

Pink_650S
12-06-2015, 19:36
Has it been confirmed? I for one still find it ridiculous that F1 2015 won't actually release with all 2015 cars.

It wont? :eek:

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 20:07
It wont? :eek:

Nope, which would be understandable had the game launched in March or April but by July (if that us the final release date) is just not right in my opinion, does anyone know when the rest of the 2015 cars will be available to download?