PDA

View Full Version : less FPS in career mode than in quick races?....

sideways-dan
03-06-2015, 17:39
I noticed a drop in quality when i was playing in career so started fraps to see how many FPS i was getting. in a quick race it sits at my refresh rate of 60FPS and in career it sits at around 30FPS. I also noticed that the graphics cards (2x GTX980's) run at around 50% in career mode but they run a lot harder in a quick race.

At first I thought it was due to the amount of cars on the track but when i have experimented it makes no difference. Anyone got any ideas?

Mahjik
03-06-2015, 18:13
It could be time of day. I know a lot of the career races take place during the times of day which are spectacular looking, but are pretty taxing graphical wise. Are you sure you are recreating the exact some day/time and sky options for your quick races?

sideways-dan
03-06-2015, 20:33
That may be it but I don't understand why when in career the graphics cards are not trying as hard. I need to experiment a little more. Just been playing online and was only getting 40FPS. It seems like a cap as it sits almost perfectly at 40FPS and the graphics cards are nowhere near maxed out and neither is the CPU. I had a very similar problem in Asetto Corsa and never got to the bottom of it.

Mahjik
03-06-2015, 20:51
Make sure you don't have any system wide thermal throttling enabled (i.e. the system slowing down your machine to keep it from running too hot).