PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Pit Stop bug

Brunolbqrq
03-06-2015, 17:49
Hi guys,

When you head to the pit stop, at the moment you enter it the AI assumes the control of your car until you leave the boxes.

The problem is I was racing in Imola online and I decided to go to the pit stop. However, right at the moment I was going to enter the pit stop I crashed on the wall and the AI assumed the control of my car. The thing is that the AI kept "trying" to enter the pit stop but it was constantly hitting the wall around the pit entrance until the end of the race and it was not successful at all, which was really annoying. :(

Did anyone here experience the same issue? I did not try it in other tracks but I think it will happen in them too.

AdM1
03-06-2015, 18:00
I had this once and had to restart, now I just be more careful.

Another pit bug I seem to get though is when you pass the light to join the track and it goes from AI control to you it automatically drives into the edge of the pit wall before I can get control. Damaged a wheel before even leaving the pit lane the other night which was pretty annoying considering it was out of my control.

Cuba
03-06-2015, 18:12
Pitted the other day and my car just passed my stop and exited pit lane...it was like a drive though penalty.

Schnizz58
03-06-2015, 18:58
Pitted the other day and my car just passed my stop and exited pit lane...it was like a drive though penalty.

Were you in a practice session by any chance? I think this is normal behavior for practice.

AdM1
03-06-2015, 21:11
Were you in a practice session by any chance? I think this is normal behavior for practice.

Is it a bug? Seems odd they would do that with just practice. Not that it bothers me tbh as I just pause and return to pit box but I think it does take from the realism a little.

Schnizz58
03-06-2015, 21:23
Is it a bug? Seems odd they would do that with just practice. Not that it bothers me tbh as I just pause and return to pit box but I think it does take from the realism a little.
I could be wrong but I think in a practice session damage is turned off and the fuel tank is always full so there's not much reason to pit. If you want to change tires you can go to the pit box and bring up the tuning screen.

AdM1
04-06-2015, 01:21
I had this once and had to restart, now I just be more careful.

And then goes and does it 1.5 hours into a race losing 1st place and having to retire the race. Absolutely livid :mad:

I could be wrong but I think in a practice session damage is turned off and the fuel tank is always full so there's not much reason to pit. If you want to change tires you can go to the pit box and bring up the tuning screen.

Ahh I tend to do a lot of tuning in practice mode so driving into the pit at the end of a lap would be nicer than pausing the game but I'm not too fussed tbh.

Schnizz58
04-06-2015, 14:07
I was wrong about this. I pitted last night during a practice session so I guess it's an intermittent bug.

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 14:09
I was wrong about this. I pitted last night during a practice session so I guess it's an intermittent bug.

Pitting is only disabled in Time Trial and Community Events.

JayRocVW
04-06-2015, 14:11
Was the pit occupied by your AI teammate? I've had this happen and they make you drive through the pit.

Cuba
04-06-2015, 14:17

I was in practice, but I see you had a different experience and actually got to pit.

Schnizz58
04-06-2015, 14:54
I was in practice, but I see you had a different experience and actually got to pit.

Jayroc might have the right answer. If your pit box was occupied, you wouldn't be able to pit.