PDA

View Full Version : Did you know

oneBIGkicker
03-06-2015, 20:47
Couple of things that i have found and help me

for non tuners like me
1) Drop the Amount of Fuel, Easy to figure out how much you need. If i am not sure , 30 liters more than enuff
2) If mechanical failure turn off,Close radiator all the way. If its on, I set to around 25
These two simple adjustments shave a ton of time off.

Xbox MP
1) if Drive is Locked, I have found if you just wait it out and let that session finish you will be able to drive in next session, be it the race warm up ect. Keep in mind it will change your POV to bumper for your next time on track, cant change it this session but next all will be fine.
2) if having issues finding any full lobbies, i know i do. If i find a lobby with a guy running rules I like, I add him to my freinds list, along with anuyone else in that room that stick around and races. I then end up with a bunch of friends that show paying Pcars in MP, I simply join there current game. I have way more luck doing this vs searching for a room.

Have any tips? Add them cuz Knowing is half the Battle! Yo Joe!

ciderman9000000
04-06-2015, 11:20
My advice would be to ignore the above suggestions. 30 litres of fuel will be nowhere near enough in many cases. Likewise closing the radiator to 25% would be a very perilous endeavour on any warm weather track.

Instead, you can view the amount of fuel used for each lap on your car's MOTEC LCD display (if it has one). Be sure to have mapped a button on your controller to cycle the MOTEC, as it's there you'll find invaluable information with regards to exact fuel usage per lap. Make a note during practice sessions of how much fuel per lap you're going through (the MOTEC shows both last lap and a session average) and multiply this figure by the amount of laps you intend to compete before refuelling (or total race laps in disciplines that don't allow refuelling). For example: a McLaren GT3 going around Leguna Seca might get through 2.6l of fuel on average each lap, so for a 42 lap race you're gonna need to hit the grid with at least 109.2l of fuel in the tank. 30l as suggested above will see you rolling to a halt on lap 12.

Likewise the MOTEC Display will indicate your water and oil temperatures. Try to keep these not too far above 100°C or else you'll risk engine blowouts. Closing your radiator intake will jeopardise optimal temperatures, especially so if environment conditions are warm.

Ofuscor
04-06-2015, 14:22
I agree, the radiator set to 25% is just crazy. It may work for qualifying. The McLaren 12C GT3 is also my favorite, and I have had engine overheating problems with the radiator set to 50%.I drive on the roof cam to get a better view of my surroundings, but you canīt see the oil and water temp there so on straights I look at my rearview mirror, if I start seeing small clouds of smoke I know I am probably boiling the water in the radiator so I start shortshifting to minimize the heating, changing gears as soon as the green lights appear.

RobIzYoDaddy
04-06-2015, 14:33
The OP said if Mechanical failure is set to OFF he can close radiators inlets with out harming engine.

Fuel weight does have large influence on both tire wear and lap times so it is smart to only carry the minimum needed

To the OP, thank you for sharing stuff that helped you.

oneBIGkicker
04-06-2015, 15:30
The OP said if Mechanical failure is set to OFF he can close radiators inlets with out harming engine.

Fuel weight does have large influence on both tire wear and lap times so it is smart to only carry the minimum needed

To the OP, thank you for sharing stuff that helped you.

Thank you for reading, yes this is KEY>>>Mechanical failure is set to OFF
And in many cases 30 Liters is way more than you need, I tend to run MP in lobbies that have 5-10 laps at most

I have also found, when mapping buttons on controller, You can avoid mandatory buttons by hitting option button go to garage, and then B from there.