PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren P1 stranges things

Quetzlacoatl
03-06-2015, 22:17
Hi! I've noticed a few strange things in this car... 1. The rear wing is too slow to reponse at stresses, when I break the wing don't go up, it ho up in the middle of the corner when a start to accelerate.
2. The energy recover indicator start with full energy and when I turn in the circuit it go down when I break it don't change... I down know if there's only a bug of indicator or there's a loose of performance.
Thanks

Neil Hopwood
03-06-2015, 22:22
Hi! I've noticed a few strange things in this car... 1. The rear wing is too slow to reponse at stresses, when I break the wing don't go up, it ho up in the middle of the corner when a start to accelerate.
2. The energy recover indicator start with full energy and when I turn in the circuit it go down when I break it don't change... I down know if there's only a bug of indicator or there's a loose of performance.
Thanks

1: cant remember the specifics, but I seem to remember in race mode the wing works differently, so it could be that.
2: The P1 does not have regenerative braking.

Quetzlacoatl
03-06-2015, 23:18
1. Very strange... Aerodynamically the behavior have not sense... 2: The P1 does not have regenerative braking...but there's an Indication with the thunder all full when I exit to the pit and this going to empty... The P1 have kers or something similar... It call IPAS but it don't work correctly. Or the indicator. Don't work correctly... It going to empty and don't change...

loephi
04-06-2015, 06:47
Hi Quetzlacoatl

the P1 does as mentioned not have any regenerative braking. This means the Battery can't be filled while braking. The car also does autopower the electric amount of energy. you dont have a kers button or something to decide if you want to use electrical energy. this means the first few laps there is electric Support and if the battery is empty the car only uses the engine, because it cant fill the battery while braking.

you can see this in the power on the datadisplay.. with battery full around 900 hp after a few laps only 720 or so hp because there is no more electric help

hope this helps you

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 07:36
You can slowly recharge the battery by "cruising around" (not going full throttle). It's mainly recharged by the turbo afaik but only if you don't use 100% throttle.