PDA

View Full Version : New to G27

Luftwaffles
04-06-2015, 03:55
I just bought a G27. First steering wheel for the PC ever. So I've gotten used to the "it's not a Thrustmaster xl5000qr version 2" clunk noise of the gears working and not belts. But what I would like to know is how to change my settings to only get resistance in turning a corner. I don't like feeling kerbs or collisions or anything else, I just like to feel the resistance of the wheel when I turn. I absolutely hate it when I hit a big kerb like at Snetterton and it goes clickity-clack and all that. I just want the resistance and not the kerbs and collisions. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks!

mantukas334
04-06-2015, 04:02
so basically you dont like ffb?

Morgan Henstridge
04-06-2015, 06:00
Sounds like you just want Center Spring enabled in the Driver. Then in game, set the Force Feedback to 0.

this "should" give you what you are after, but i haven't tried it myself.

You might also want to try and just turn the in game FFB down, but not to 0, so you get a feel for the car and its connection to the track?? But at the end of the day its down to personal preference, so as long as you are happy with it, it's all good :)

justbeingmiko
04-06-2015, 15:02
Sounds like you just want Center Spring enabled in the Driver. Then in game, set the Force Feedback to 0.

You might also want to try and just turn the in game FFB down, but not to 0, so you get a feel for the car and its connection to the track?? But at the end of the day its down to personal preference, so as long as you are happy with it, it's all good :)

This ^

TheIronWolf
04-06-2015, 18:41
Another suggestion you might find useful: I really dislike cheap rattling sound of G27. I ended up playing with headphones instead (or with speakers turned up loud when possible). Solves the rattle and also hides fan noises coming from overclocked to hell system.

Luftwaffles
04-06-2015, 18:52

Oh wow, that fixed me right up. Thank you so much. Feels great, now. I set center spring to around 50.

Tappi
04-06-2015, 20:04
I ended up with almost the same settings on my G27. Centering spring with almost no game ffb. Just because the center of the wheel felt so loose you couldn't do any fine steering or even drive in a straight line without holding the wheel really tight. Now this thread changed my mind about it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE

Theres is one little slider in the force feedback calibration page "deadzone removal range" that will remove the missing resistance in the center of the wheel. For me this tiny little slider changed the FFB from unraceable to the best FFB I've experienced on my G27 so far. You may want to give it a try with Tire Force set to something below 100 so the effects are not overdone and adjust that to your taste.

Luftwaffles
04-06-2015, 23:04
I ended up with almost the same settings on my G27. Centering spring with almost no game ffb. Just because the center of the wheel felt so loose you couldn't do any fine steering or even drive in a straight line without holding the wheel really tight. Now this thread changed my mind about it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE

Theres is one little slider in the force feedback calibration page "deadzone removal range" that will remove the missing resistance in the center of the wheel. For me this tiny little slider changed the FFB from unraceable to the best FFB I've experienced on my G27 so far. You may want to give it a try with Tire Force set to something below 100 so the effects are not overdone and adjust that to your taste.

Thank you for the reply. I already read through that thread and used Jack Spade's files to get it going. I used wheel checker to set my deadzone removal. I just don't like force feedback lol