PDA

View Full Version : Pedal deazones question

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 13:25
I've finally got my Fanatec CSPs working properly.

But one thing I noticed was that on, e.g. the throttle, in the fanatic control panel, as soon as I put ANY pressure on the throttle it starts to register, and progresses evenly to 100%, in the game calibration the first 20% or so of travel, registers nothing, then it says positive centre and progresses smoothly to 100%, is this a deliberate deadzone built into the game or is it somehow not getting the same readings as the fanatic control panel? No idea if this is all pedals or just fanatec.

longress
04-06-2015, 14:30
I've finally got my Fanatec CSPs working properly.

But one thing I noticed was that on, e.g. the throttle, in the fanatic control panel, as soon as I put ANY pressure on the throttle it starts to register, and progresses evenly to 100%, in the game calibration the first 20% or so of travel, registers nothing, then it says positive centre and progresses smoothly to 100%, is this a deliberate deadzone built into the game or is it somehow not getting the same readings as the fanatic control panel? No idea if this is all pedals or just fanatec.

I have this same issue. I may be off here but I took this as the pedals weren't registering until a signal was received past the center. It's a little unusual but I have not had any issues with a deadzone after calibration.

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 15:14
Where are you looking at the throttle input in game? In calibration screen or in telemetry? The latter is the one that matters.

There are also deadzone and sensitivity settings for the pedals in game. I am using the defaults and see smooth progression in the telemetry when I press the pedals

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 15:23
I have this same issue. I may be off here but I took this as the pedals weren't registering until a signal was received past the center. It's a little unusual but I have not had any issues with a deadzone after calibration.

Maybe that, but when it does start registering it doesn't start at 50% it starts from 1 and builds, just in a much smaller movement zone than the fanatic control panel.

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 15:25
hmm two threads with the same question??

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 15:40
hmm two threads with the same question??

What do you mean by that?

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 15:46
Ah now I see.

Mods can you merge this, chrome seems to have double posted for me!

I'm talking about the calibration screen. I'll check telemetry tonight, good idea!

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 15:55
What you are seeing in the calibration screen can be misleading. I have saw it show 100% throttle before pressing the pedal. If I press the pedal down say half way nothing changes but if I then accept it with the throttle only half way down and then come back to the calibration it shows 0 and quickly raises to 100% as I get to half throttle.
I was having a little issue with my throttle pedal not always giving me 100% so I calibrated it as having max at about 80% pedal and then in game I always get 100% when I floor it.

From what was mentioned in another thread I suspect that little screw on the sensor may be loose on my throttle pedal. I really should get in there and check it to see.

Anyway check it in the telemetry to be sure what response you are getting in game as that is where it is important.

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 16:00
AH, now that may be something different. Do you run your pedals bolted on a rig? I've spent days fixing a problem with that with Fanatec's support team.

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 16:09
AH, now that may be something different. Do you run your pedals bolted on a rig? I've spent days fixing a problem with that with Fanatec's support team.

Yes but it is not a grounding nor USB issue. That loose screw seems like a good bet.

Just for info sake. I use a custom built cockpit made from 2x4s and plywood, carpeted with a drivers seat out of a Ford Tempo. Pedals are plugged into the wheel. Problem has been seen in Forza as well which does not even use a USB connection so pretty sure it is not USB related and no conductive materials around the pedals.

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 17:04
AH, seems you've covered all the bases there:) Mine was usb interference, running on their own USB port and act like a different set of pedals.

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 17:26
I had a look after that last post and the screw at the bottom was pretty tight. I did manage about a 1/4 turn on it but it was already pretty snug. The little piece on the side that links to it though was a little loose. 3 screws hold it so it could not move much if any even being a little loose but I did go ahead and snug those up as well. Will likely be a while before I know if it actually helped or not.

Mahjik
04-06-2015, 18:09
Merged threads..