PDA

View Full Version : G27 spins quite harshly on pc bootup.

Rhime
04-06-2015, 13:35
The wheel will spin 2 complete rotations hitting the stops hard when I boot up my rig. It will do it twice. Is this normal?
I'm worried it's getting damaged.
Thanks for any input!

BDR Daz
04-06-2015, 13:37
If this is normal is I would be putting some resistance on the wheel so that the stop isnt as hard as it sounds

thomasoeli
04-06-2015, 13:39
Hi,

its absolutely normal, same for me.

Regards

Roger Prynne
04-06-2015, 13:49
Yes it needs to set itself up to calibrate the full 900 deg of rotation.
I just put on a bit of grip with my hands before it hits the lock so that you don't get that thump.

yusupov
04-06-2015, 13:53
my pc used to wake randomly from sleep on & off multiple times; i usually kept my wheel plugged in, so this would happen multiple times a day for months.

this is just the wheel calibrating itself & its fine (perhaps best) to let it just do its thing unless it bothers you

Rhime
04-06-2015, 14:45
Thanks for the responses. I'm worried that the stops being hit so hard might damage the wheel, but I don't think grabbing the wheel during the rotation is a good idea either for calibration purposes..:)

justbeingmiko
04-06-2015, 14:57
Thanks for the responses. I'm worried that the stops being hit so hard might damage the wheel, but I don't think grabbing the wheel during the rotation is a good idea either for calibration purposes..:)

It is quite normal and wont damage the wheel. Mine does it too and after 3 years of use, it is still fine :) If you fancy breaking your thmbs you could grab it....you know for a giggle ;)

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 15:12
The DFGT does the same thing also. It really used to annoy me when I used it to play GT on the PS3. Everytime the game was started it would go through this process which is both a bit noisy and somewhat violent at the stops. I guess this is just what logitech wheels do.

The Fanatec wheels have a power switch on them and they calibrate when you power them on, much less violently as well.

goon
04-06-2015, 15:39
I have a 9 year old G25 which must have gone through calibration thousands of times. It works flawlessly still, so I wouldn't worry about things getting damaged.